[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: tekko.jpg (25 KB, 960x383)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
maybe makin this thread for the 3rd time will work
LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS AWAY

are you going? are you cosplaying? what are you hoping for? what do you want to see?
links: https://tekko.us/
https://twitter.com/TeamTekko?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
>>
>>10762044
Not going unless they change their vaxx requirement. Sad, haven't missed it in over a decade.
I really hope they see this and reconsider.
>>
>>10762064
samefagging but need to clarify. not saying that they should change their minds because of me specifically, but overall the feedback from the community that it's a bad idea and not just dismiss it out of hand as "reactionary MAGAtards".
>>
>>10762064
>>10762066
they said that they might reconsider the requirements when its closer to the con back in like march or early april i think
>>
>>10762225
It's getting close enough to the con where ppl need to start making arrangements. I really think they're not going to budge.
>>
>>10764003
tekko also loves to do things very absolutely possible last second unfortunately like the schedules/guests
>>
>>10764003
>>10764905
samefagging to post this https://twitter.com/TeamTekko/status/1528033456843804672?cxt=HHwWgMCygamV1bQqAAAA
as of 5 hours ago
>>
>>10764906
Thanks anon.
>the responses
Implying that anyone aside from the 85 year olds and 450-lbers actually care about COVID anymore. I haven't seen anyone with a mask in the past few months. Why are they always lying?
>>
>>10762044
what is going on with the fashion guests?? model apps close may 31st but no guests have been announced?
>>
The vaxx and mask bullshit is gay as fuck. I live here and I hope tekko just dies and gets replaced by some con with better management like colossal which didn't have these dumb requirements last year (at least east) and that was a great time. If you're afraid of covid you shouldn't be in an enclosed space with a bunch of other people for 3 days. The tekko management is clearly just wants to flex how they're in charge and own da antivaxxers. If everyone is vaxxed why wear masks? I got jabbed but I still think this is absolutely retarded and I'm not downloading an app or showing sweaty weebs my vax card.

Yes, I am seething. 2 years of this bullshit is enough.
>>
>>10766727
i'm OP and i live here too, i totally get you. we literally don't have to really wear masks anywhere anymore (aside from doctor's iirc). i didn't go in december but i don't know if i wanna think about all that waiting around verifying badges AND vax cards in july but god damn i still wanna go.
>The tekko management is clearly just wants to flex how they're in charge and own da antivaxxers.
it's so ironic because their management is horrible. can't wait to not get the schedule till like a couple days before the con
>>
>>10766727
Facts, the only places I've seen that still require it in this state are hospitals/doctors and air travel. Even in the ultraliberal NYC I was not asked once for a vaxx passport because even they seemingly understand it's retarded.
If you are worried about your health STILL after 2 years, then don't go anywhere, and also take steps to reduce risk factors like losing weight, exercising, and eating a balanced diet... oh what's that the majority of people gained weight during the pandemic and continue to gain? So I guess they weren't really that concerned about their health considering obesity and obesity-related illnesses are the #1 risk factor aside from old age.
>>
The fashion brands they chose this year are rather disappointing. I highly doubt they secured Mana as a guest.
>>
>>10765990
Its been like that almost every year. Tekko tried to make the covid excuse for 2021 but the same thing happened before covid. Someone on their staff needs to get their shit together.
>>
Tekko needs new management or it will die
>>
Anyone want to buy a rockstar badge? Tekko doesn't offer refunds apparently, but I can transfer the badge to your name?
>>
>>10770624
I can only hope (they die)
>>
>>10770641
Just ask your credit card company to dispute the charge
>>
>>10770711
I can try but I'm not sure if they will? I purchased the badge 2 years ago. This was the last year Tekko was allowing roll overs.
>>
>>10768101
It's the angry red head. She's a shitty mod and a shitty head of Tekko fashion. She bent over backwards to keep Naturally Racist in the comm. No idea what stupid shit she does at Tekko.
>>
Can we talk how shit the jfashion brand line up is? its laughable
>>
TEKKO MIGHT BE DEAD UNLESS THEY RAISE MONEY
CURRENTLY RUNNING A GFM THAT NEEDS $100K
TEKKO MIGHT DIE
>>
>>10773158
Technically they need 60k to keep the con alive.
>>
>>10773158
Topkek they deserve it for the faggy vaxx and mask mandates
>>
>Starts a gofundme for a cool $100K a month and a half before the convention
>BTW guys, we need $60K before the convention or it will be cancelled.

RIP Tekko.
>>
>>10773269
it’s almost at $7k right now, but they kinda did this to themselves. i knew something was up when it’s almost a month to and there’s been no sign of a schedule.
>>
>>10773281
>it’s almost at $7k right now
A whopping 7 percent of their $100K goal! Kek.
And of course bear in mind that the biggest chunk of funds for these things generally comes in the beginning.
Otakon, which has over twice the attendance as Tekko, got $34K when they begged for money in similar fashion.
I take no joy in seeing any convention go away, but I don't see how they could raise anywhere near as much money as they say the need.
>>
>>10773331
i dunno, they've gotten like 13k in not even 24 hours, who knows.
to be fair, it's 60k to even have the con, 100k for padding and a boost for next year i assume.
they're going to have a campaign that's one final push for funds in early july and supposedly the 9th is when it ends.
>>
>>10773376
I guess nothing is impossible, but I just don't see them hitting their goal.
Question is, what happens if they have that virtual begathon or whatever in early July, and they don't hit the $60K goal by the end of that?
Do they immediately cancel the con, which is scheduled to be held just 2 weeks after that event? And if they cancel, what happens to all the money that they did raise?
>>
>>10773382
yeah we have the exact same questions. this absolute lack of management is horrendous and pulling this stunt barely a month before a con, and saying that if they don’t get these funds in a few weeks it’s dead. this is a really bad look.
almost $17k now apparently
>>
>>10773269
Aww man, I was finally hoping I'd have a chance to go to my first con, even if it is a 5 hour drive from my place and supposedly just average quality...
>>
At least they're not announcing a fundraiser during the first night of the Con. Looking at you Dashcon.

The Con had trouble in the past with not having an official hotel. Having to postpone the Con in 2021 was not a bright idea.
>>
>>10773522
>>
>>10773331
I'd be more likely to donate if different people were running the events. Everything has gone down hill since 2016
>>
I refuse to donate to my home con wgen they still require vaccination and masking because weebs are antisocial retards.

I also think asking for 60k as the minimum is very shady considering it's the exact amount of the CEOs salary. So what, I'm donating to pay Pete under the guise of saving the con? No thanks.
>>
>>10773911
this is my home con too and i wanna go so bad, i have friends coming from all sorts of different states and even though this con isn't the best it's gonna suck hard if we can't go
>because weebs are antisocial retards.
sucks when you wanna ensure the safety of people but can't make everyone happy, i don't like that either. they did confirm they are going to have MASK0-FREE areas though thank god
>>
nearing halfway to ensure the con even runs, 27k at the moment
>>
>>10773911
This isn't my home con but I'm not going to another damn con with masks, I got heat exhaustion from the last one. Fully vaccinated and either we do this right or not at all. I'm tired of half ass cons trying to make money while cutting programming
>>
>>10774209
they reached 31k, halfway to their necessary 60k
>>10774221
unsure why everyone keeps glossing over that there’s going to be plenty of mask free areas. if i had to guess they’re probably gonna do masks during panels/events where people are going to be in close proximity
>>
We don't need updates every time someone donates a nickel, but holy shit am I surprised that they're at 32K already.
That's nearly as much as Otakon claimed to have received in donations, and Tekko is a much smaller convention.
>>
>>10774406
the updates help keep the thread alive
>>
what even happens if they get to $60000 or $100000? the con was at least $300000 in the red already, before spending a cent, right? or was it more than that? unless dlcc is so desparate that they gave the venue for free, they would have to get what, 15000 attendees just to get back to zero when the year was done.

get their money or not, how can they even survive after this year?
>>
>>10774887
>the con was at least $300000 in the red already, before spending a cent, right?
was it really?
yeah, 60k is to even hold the convention, they made need to keep doing this for a few years or just bite the bullet and sell the 2020 merch that put them in that bad spot in the first place
>>
the problem started before the 2020 merch, unfortunately. pittjcs was in better than average financial shape, as cons go, back in say 2016, but 2019 was a huge disaster. people remember it as their biggest crowd ever, but if you look at the form 990, expenses were almost double what they were in say 2016. they lost about 140,000.

they don't seem to have their 990 up for 2020 or 2021, but on their website about the gofundme, they say they received $250k and the con still cost half a million to run. as vague as that is, I dont see any way that doesnt add up to at least $300000 in debt and probably much more, and that is even before any of the 2020 merch is factored in.
>>
Almost at 40k now, plus there's a car wash fundraiser as well. Quite a few people are also opening commission slots and donating proceeds to the fundraiser.
>>
TEKKO IS HAPPENING, if you're not in the loop a local Pittsburgh vidya developer is matching every donation done past 40k. If you donate 10, they will as well.
As it stands, it reached 50k which because of Schell Games, will reach the 60k.
TEKKO
IS
HAPPENING
>>
>>10775046
Honestly they should just call it doneafter this year. Leave with some dignity
>>
56K as of right now. The 60K goal is a given, and they may very well hit the 100K goal.
I wonder how many other con organizers are going to take notice of Tekko's success here and have begathons of their own.
They should all watch some Darksydephil videos as training.
>>
another possibility, if they don't make enough money this year, is that pittjcs might fold, but sell the tekko name to someone else who would keep running the con. yinzers do love their con, judging by the response to the gofundme.
>>
This is pathetic, I already decided not to go because I went to a couple other cons this year but the begging makes me think tekko won't be worth going to. How do you mismanage funds that badly
>>
>>10773936
Does that mean they are going to have food.. ?
>>
>>10777984
they usually always do yes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.