[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download.png (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
July 28- July 31, 2022
Are you excited? Cosplaying? Traveling far? Have you been to a con since Covid?

I am excited about seeing my friends again. I haven't been to a con since covid. I'm not really into anime or anything with the community nowadays, so I'm not sure why I am going. Maybe nostalgia's sake?
>>
>>10758309
>Maybe nostalgia's sake?
I really wish we could go back to cons pre 2010. Yeah I'm going since Otakon is in my backyard of DC.
>>
>>10758309
I'm going since this is going to be my last con for a while (moving because of drama)

No cosplay, just Lolita
>>
>>10758309
have anyone applied for a panel in the past? how long did it take to hear back from them?
>>
where do you find specific show cosplay groups? since i know that a lot of them are unofficial
>>
>>10758309
If they do the same shit as last year where the convention center closes at midnight, this con is dead
>>
>>10760446
First time attendee this year. What did people do after midnight if that's the case? Is there programming at any of the hotels or anything?
>>
Heads up to male cosplayers but last year there was an issue with male toplessness from the center staff. It was eventually resolved but I strongly reccomend if you are like me, gonna do a prison escape naked snake with eye wound, email the center and the otakon staff with concerns of harassment. Last year was pretty good even with covid mitigation.
>>
>>10758309
first time attendee
damn DC hotels are expensive
>>
>>10762697
Try looking at the surrounding areas like Silver Spring. If it's near the metro, then ur good
>>
File: wp6562949.jpg (202 KB, 1080x1920)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>anime boston gets vtubers
>anime expo gets vtubers

>otakon gets Koreans and more Koreans

god please enlighten me what did I do wrong in this life to deserve this
>>
>>10763594
your sin was liking vtubers lol
>>
>>10762705
>Silver Spring

The con is on green/yellow. Also metro sucks ass these days, stay wherever you want and take an Uber/Spot Hero.
>>
File: file.png (190 KB, 760x720)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>10764838
Honestly if you just go to chinatown, the convention center is like a 4 minute walk from it.

Green/ yellow are pretty nasty but yaknow, cheap travel is cheap travel
>>
>>10765257
>chinatown
are you fucking blind? there's a station literally called "convention center"
>>
>>10763594
and theyre not even good groups
>>
>>10765333
Yeah, the metro stop is literally on the same block as the center
>>
>>10765333
Its a super short walk from Chinatown, red line works
>>
>>10758336
>I'm going since this is going to be my last con for a while (moving because of drama)
What drama, qrd?
>>
>>10767019
Mom stopped working at her 3 figure job with no savings to write a "metaphysical sex self-help" book during the tail end of the lockdown and didn't tell anyone so by the time I find out we're so deep in the hole that we have no choice but to sell.

Only reason why she didn't lose the house earlier is because she using the SS check my ailing grandma needs for her home care for it and especially became her home care nurse. Which is what she uses as an excuse to not finish her book.

She also refuses to apply for home assistant/elderly care loans because shes a raging Q-non dumbass.

Not to mention we had already agreed to me taking over the mortgage when I graduate from college (I literally had three years left). Overall, she's just a raging bitch and I just want to leave my childhood home/area with some good memories before I go no contact with the bitch
>>
>>10767055
LOL!!! Sorry yo mom being feminist whore to sell book to femcels. Hope you come back from the looks of it the con scene is good as dead.
>>
>>10767065
Facts

Cons just need to take another year off or something. Charging $100 for a half dead con is just going to put off more people
>>
>>10767072
Same here.
>>
File: 193-1935918.jpg (119 KB, 820x772)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Do more rooms at the Marriot Marquis usually open up closer to the con? That's how I got my room last year, but I dunno if that's normal or not.

The hotel experience was so nice, I don't think I'd want to go to the con without a room there.
>>
Are we ever going to get interesting guests or bands ever again. This is the east coast, just travel 4 more hours south of NYC...
>>
anything to know for someone attending this con for the first time? i'm mostly coming to cosplay but are there any must do activities?
>>
Does this con have a no shirt cover nipples with pasties rule for men
>>
I'm going. Hope it's fun, would be nice to meet a qt, too.
>>
Not going this year because last year sucked ass. Don't really feel like blowing hundreds of dollars to be screamed at by the COVID gestapo.
>In the interest of the safety of all our members, Otakorp will require Otakon 2022 attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (if eligible), or to present a negative Covid PCR test with a sample date no earlier than July 27, 2022. Masks will also be required to be worn in all convention areas in the Walter E Washington Convention Center and the Marriott Marquis.
I don't get why these convention runners are so far up their own ass, they are more strict than the fucking Federal Govt.
>>
>>10770699
I hope to God they will go under soon they are already bleeding with money and less attendees showing up.
>>
>>10770699
Florida and other states have no restrictions while the Northeast continues to get fucked hard by these stupid restrictions.
>>
Got a reservation at the Marriott courtyard across the street from the Marriott Marquis, is it a decent hotel? Is there any party scene there, compared to the Marquis?
>>
>>10770699
Because the con scene is 99% far left wing faggots and retards. That’s why.
>>
>>10770835
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>Otakorp will require Otakon 2022 attendees to be fully vaccinated
>Masks will also be required to be worn

Dropped.
>>
>>10771073
Same here.
>>
>>10771012

I bet you're too much of a coward to tell me why you think I'm stupid.
>>
File: OtakonTrump.png (1.42 MB, 799x883)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>10762705
>>10765257

I work in downtown Silver Spring

The problem with Silver Spring is the hotels are NOT near the Metro Station. They are about a 5-10 minute walk. Courtyard by Marriott would be your best bet, its closest to the station and also some nice places to eat/hang out.

>>10765333
>>10767015

The entrance to the convention center right by the Chinatown station entrance is CLOSED to keep the filthy casuals out, you have to walk around the block to get in.

>>10768305

Loved the Marquis, the Renaissance is not bad either.

>>10770699

There is a reason I am now a former Otakon Staffer

As an aside, Dall-E recognizes Otakon, and cosplaying. Picrel

https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

(seems to think Otakon is still in Batimore)
>>
>>10773108
>The entrance to the convention center right by the Chinatown station entrance is CLOSED to keep the filthy casuals out, you have to walk around the block to get in.
Fucking why?
>>
>>10773272

Its always been like that. I think its a DC Convention Center decision and not an Otakon one.
>>
>>10773274
Otakon is DC's home now, if Otakon leaves then DC's.Con center is done for.
>>
File: DSCN1077.jpg (3.12 MB, 2292x1698)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>10773277

Not really, DC has way more business than Baltimore ever did. If not for Corona-Chan it might have grown big enough to actually fit the space
>>
>>10773277
>Otakon leaves then DC's.Con center is done for.
lol this ain't baltimore where they were the big fish. If Ota left, Events DC would shrug its shoulders and book another medical conference or defense contractor expo.
>>
>>10758309
I live in the DC area so i'm going
Ive been to the DC japanese festival quite a few times but this will be my first real con, anything to expect other than "dont act like a total retard"
>>
>>10774592
when I went for the first time in 2019 the first thing I did was go to a random room showing anime, ended up having a large black guy rant to me and my friend about tenchi muyo for like 10 minutes before his wife pulled him away. overall a positive experience. last year I was playing a love live rhythm game in the game room and this guy sat next to me and let him rant about the series for a really long time as I played the game.
>>
File: 1637302538612.png (220 KB, 564x564)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
First time going to a con, what am I in for? Also is the dance going to be cancelled due to COVID?
>>
>>10775068
Suffering possibly
Prepare to never take a picture without a mask on
>>
>>10758309
Haven't been to a con in over 2 years now since the pandemic started. Looking forward to this since it was also the first con I remember going to back in 2009. Got a bit of nostalgia for this one, even after they move from Baltimore though I kind of prefer it in DC since Baltimore was always really ratty in the hotel scene until the Courtyard Marriott got finished near the waterfront.

Gonna head there with my cousins, first time cosplayers but they've been to cons with me before. We've been planning on doing a group cosplay thing for summer of 2020 but the pandemic put a hold to that.

We're locals to the area so it's not that big of drive over.
>>
>>10774767
The takeaway from that is somehow that weeb has a wife. What the fuck am I doing with my life?
>>
I'm going, i went for one day last year bc I happened to be moving into my apartment that weekend, but it was pretty dull. Hopefully this year isn't poopy. I've got friends coming, so at least there's good old partying in cosplay.
>>
>>10764838
Is it more than delays rn? Last time a 20 min ride turned into 1hr.
>>
Im planning on cosplaying at two aqours characters and the actual outfit part is done but the wigs I bought are so shit, they are way too long/thick and don’t look like the characters hair
not sure if there’s even time to get new ones
>>
>>10780594
Average day in the DC area
>>
will there be any lolita panels or a swap meet? DC Metro Lolitas is dead, NoVa is inactive and Charm City is pretty quiet as well..
>>
>>10780692
Are you really part of those groups? Both an ota meetup and a seperate swap meet (not at the con) are being planned at the moment.
>>
>>10780710
the swap meet is happening 2 weeks before, I'm asking about programming

I didn't see anything posted about a meetup, but I wouldn't be interested in that anyway
>>
“ We’ve published updated Covid policies for #Otakon2022! We will be accepting the CLEAR vaccine verification app, in addition to state/international verification systems.

See our FAQ for more, and we can’t wait to see you for a fun and safe OTAKON!

otakon.com/info/covid/”
>>
Where are the 20+ unannounced guests??? It's been two weeks since they brought it up...
>>
Otakon vs A-Kon in the battle of coasting off the early mover advantage of being a big deal in the 00s and having so little to offer.
I still like this con though, lots of hotel and food options.
>>
>>10782163
They are willing to kill this con with malicious intent fuck them.
>>
>>10782163
Low attendance all over again, huh?
>>
>>10782163
>pay for badge mailing to avoid pickup line
>now have to stand in vax line

Thanks I hate it.
>>
>>10782163
Even the federal government isn't requiring vaxx passes, fuck these powerhungry conventions
>>
I honestly think "vax requirements" are a cons stealth way to filter out the crowd and to keep it at a manageable size.
>>
>>10783424
maybe
I'm vaxxed but it still seems stupidly strict
>>
>>10782163
You don't HAVE to use the app/verification system. You can still use your typical vax card or show a negative test.
>>
>>10783424
They have lost a ton of money last year due to this and they will lose much more after this year.
>>
>>10759279
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q4Y0kjA9CJ8SAeJzW-9Z7xM61OyRf-jfh7CDr7KRUjc/edit#gid=0
>>
File: Capture.png (2.07 MB, 1231x864)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>10758309
Goddamn this reminds me of when I had plans to go to Otakon 2020 with my buddy before Covid shit everything up and I completely forgot about this years. Maybe I'll actually have a cosplay acquired before next years.
>>
fucked up my shoots at AX so hopefully the ones i get here will be better
>>
>>10783459
Lmao after what happened at AX, I ain't complaining
>>
>>10783424
In my experience they're just a cover so people don't complain about vaxxes online, but they won't care in person at the actual con
>>
>>10784420
>unofficial smt/persona photoshoots at 11pm on both friday and saturday, run by the same person running the official photoshoot on saturday at 7pm.

what the hell
>>
>>10785639
probably for bikini futabas
man's thinking FAR ahead
>>
>>10785624
dumbass here
what happened at AX?
>>
>>10785898
On paper, there was mask/vaccine requirements. In reality, no one gave a fuck.

The covid vaccine/test result checkers (minimum wage convention center staff) gave absolutely no fucks so they would go through the motion of looking at whatever you put in front of them but didn't actually look or match a name to a face. Inside the con there were no mask police. If you had a mask, cool. If you didn't, no one was chasing you down. The one exception was the AA. Some of them had signs saying no mask no service.

California is known for being performative when it comes to anything political and covid is no different. People will say all sorts of shit online but when they're in person they're going to play differently.
>>
>>10785898
>>10785920

That and because AX didn't limit the amount of people coming in, the whole thing got so crowed that the Fire Marshal came in and stopped more people coming in.

The air quality was super shitty and a ton of people got covid.

> People will say all sorts of shit online but when they're in person they're going to play differently.

Which is why I'm still wearing my mask. People would rather get a fake vax card than a jab and infect everyone around them. This shit would have ended last year if it wasn't for those mouth-breathers
>>
>>10785955
Pretty sure they always cut people off the Morning of the first day of AX before the Exhibit Hall is open. I've done both vending and premier pass and these hasn't been an example where this didn't happen. Just like this year its temporary halt of people entering the building until the Exhibit, entertainment and Artist alley hall are open.
>>
>>10785955
Part of the problem was ironically having the upgraded metal detectors that got people through security way faster than previous years.
>>
>>10767072
Why u say half a dead con? I’m contemplating not going as I haven’t purchased badge yet
>>
>>10758309
I forgot about it. Think there are still decent hotels available?
>>
>>10785955
>Which is why I'm still wearing my mask
You would still get sick from wearing the mask. You should get the Darwinism Award.
>>
>>10785955
Except that you still can get the virus even with all of the shots? It's funny seeing bootlickers say shit like this not realizing that the experimental shots don't do shit
>>
>>10784928
Based BB cosplayer
>>
I bought a ticket but I have no interest in cosplaying. I just have been on 4chan for 14 years and never attended a con and can afford a 1 day ticket so said fuck it. What can I expect?

I only bought a ticket for Saturday but I expect to make a day of it (if I can leave I might swing by my apartment to shower midday to get the stink off me)
>>
>>10787407
The vaccines are like seatbelts dipshit. It doesn't prevent you from getting sick, only makes sure you survive it.
>>
https://www.otakon.com/schedule/

Schedule is out and TODAY is the last day for prereg. Only seems to be one panel for lolita. Real curious to see who these "veterans" are
>>
File: kek.png (14 KB, 1026x126)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
First timefag and local here, anyone reckon what day would be best to go? Or should I just choose based on any events I wanna check out
>>
>>10787925
friday has the k-pop concerts, and tends to be stacked event wise on fridays most years.
>>
Anyone know if there's any good photo-op locations around the con area?

Baltimore had that big fountain, the bayside promenade, the rooftop bridges, and the strip. What does DC have for cosplay environments in this area?
>>
>>10788094
White House
>>
File: carnegie library.png (1.09 MB, 1312x738)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>10788094
lots of old looking buildings, and a bit further away the national mall if there aren't too many people
>>
>>10788094
Around the convention center is Chinatown. If you are up to going somewhere scenic there's Rock Creek Park for natural vibes, or anywhere on Constitution avenue or near federal buildings (especially the botanic garden and/or rose garden).
>>
File: 1630767747286.png (64 KB, 300x300)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>10763594
I used to go for concerts alone. Just checked some other large con and it was an idol group while not my taste can understand and then kpop. Can understand the thought to a point but the line stops at kpop for people interested in JAPANESE animation.
>>
>>10788094
They're long ass elevators and a giant acorn in silver springs
>>
>working on cosplay
>check the photoshoot list to see if there's one it'll fit for because I remember there was a spike chunsoft photoshoot at some other con I went to
>NOTHING

pain...
>>
>>10789247
if you don't mind dealing with an amateur photog i can show up and get you some pictures
>>
>>10763594
There's plenty of VTubers going and two panels about them
>>
>>10758309
>going to an anime con
>doesn't even watch anime

the absolute state of anime conventions in 2022
>>
>Are you excited?
kinda.
>Cosplaying?
no, old.
>Traveling far? Have you been to a con since Covid?
not really and cceast but that's it
>>
If anyone has any extra space in their hotel room are you willing to shelter another person?
>>
>>10788094
Baltimore anon here, they tore that thing down unfortunately, walk by it every day to work and its now just filled with empty space and homeless fucks
>>
>>10789854
It was the one thing in Baltimore that looked nice. Had to get rid of it.
>>
tourist here, does /cgl/ ever do con meetups?
>>
>>10788094
DC has a ton of nice old early 1900s style deco buildings but the convention center is smack dab in the middle of all the newer developments and just a few blocks away from chinatown so there's unfortunately nothing too pretty there picture wise

If you're willing to walk or metro though DC does have some really pretty buildings and places. The national mall feels tailor made for photo ops sometimes.
>>
File: _DSF1305.jpg (2.83 MB, 6240x4160)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>10790025
There was one at AX, although it got coopted by /vrg/. Idk if there's one at Ota though
>>
>>10790157
I guess if there were one it’d be in this thread
>>
>>10790157
Literally all men
>>
why is there no love live photoshoot?
>>
>>10790599
the singular biofem there was the other photog for the group shot
>>
>>10790157
jesus you guys are ugly
>>
>>10789412
Any Vtubers from any of the big names, like Nijisanji, VShojo, etc.? I wish Vtubers from Hololive would be at Otakon, but none are going to be there representing Hololive....
>>
>>10791185
Don't think so, cons only a few days away and it's too late to get something like that organized and running. You might get a bunch of in person indep passing out business cards like last year.
>>
>>10790025
Sorry bud, noone does real meetups like AX does since 2016 at best.
>>
>>10791185
If there was a VShojo or Niji or Holo, they'd be a guest unfortunately. From twitter, it seems to just be indies going.
>>
is there a place to drop off stuff? I'll have a big prop and dont really want to carry it around all day if i can avoid it. since im local i can just metro home but its kinda inconvenient
>>
>>10787902
The vaccines does get you sick you dumbass.
>>
>Only lolita event is a newbie panel

Lol what?
>>
>>10791831
Yeah it's a 101 on like, Saturday evening when most of the fun stuff is happening. I'll just go to the Katsu panels instead thanks.
>>
Hello my friends, made a thread about this a few weeks ago and now it’s complete
If any of you guys see me on Friday feel free to come and say hi
>>
I'm just going because I haven't gotten out of town in a very long time. First time attending since 2014. If it sucks I will just stop going to Otakon.
>>
File: IMG_1846.jpg (3.53 MB, 4608x3456)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
>>10792103

Its a whole different vibe now from the Baltimore days. The nice thing is food and hotels are a lot closer in

Have a 2014 throwback pic
>>
>>10787902
You will never be fully vaccinated. You have no antibodies. You have no defense against transmission. You have no resistance to the mutating spike protein. You will never be on the correct formulation, you will never have the correct dose, you will never be on the correct manufacturer.

You may have gotten a booster shot but all of that can change on a political whim and now you are a plague rat and crude mockery of nature’s perfection.

All the “validation” you get for your Fauci Ouchie on social media is two-faced and half-hearted. Maybe you got three “likes” for your vaxx selfie today but tomorrow your vaccine will be banned in 7 countries , no longer recognized by WHO, everyone you work or socialize with will no longer consider you vaccinated.

Behind your back people mock you and take bets on how soon you’re going to die. They stopped inviting you over for drinks, holidays, or get togethers. Your employer has taken a million dollar life insurance policy out on you and implores you to get one more booster. And even when you do, you will still never be fully vaccinated.

Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “friends” laugh at your sickly appearance , your clammy pale greasy skin, and your coal black glassy meth addict looking vaccine eyes behind closed doors.

Your parents will find you, heartbroken but relieved at the six figure settlement they’re offered in return for telling everyone you died of natural causes or covid-19. And that it was your fault because you were not fully vaccinated. They’ll bury you with a headstone marked with your false cause of death, and even though you took the vaccine, and you took the booster shots, every passerby for the rest of eternity will know that it was your fault for not being vaccinated. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably unvaccinated.

This is your fate.
>>
>>10792115
How is the "vibe" different?
>>
I'm going to be going on Saturday. Never been to any con before. Should I spend literally all day there or take a break and go home and return for the dance? Is the dance going to be cringe? My plan is to try to be as low-inhib as possible during the day so I can make some friends to go to the dance with, maybe go to a bar nearby (i'm local so can recommend some).
>>
>>10792115
Where do Seagulls go now instead of Water St.? CWC cosplayer bro if you're still here I miss you dude.
>>
>>10792127
Depends on what you want to do, everything is gonna be cringe. Soak it up baby.
>>
>>10790025

I used to goto the old school /cgl/4chan meetups when Otakon was in Baltimore. These meetups were around 2010/2015 I think. I miss those of you I met at those things.
>>
>>10792145

>CWC cosplayer

If you mean the bald guy, I don't know if he still lurks here but his name was Charles. I think he got married and fucked off from the internet, good guy, I miss him.
>>
File: IMG_1803.jpg (3.02 MB, 4608x3456)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>10792118

Its more "corporate" if that makes any sense
>>
>>10792149
Fuck. Godspeed Charles.
>>
None of my friends could go and I can't afford a hotel stay by myself. It sucks but I'll have to skip this year.
>>
File: 1634940878054.jpg (718 KB, 2048x1152)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>>10792145
>>10792147
Majority of 2010-2015 folks have moved on with their lives as far as I know. While there's still scattered discord meetups that get posted every now and then, there isn't a proper replacement for what Water St was for DC.

>>10792118
Things overall has changed since back then, especially with recent years where someone being completely unhinged is cranked up to 200% and a whole slew of new ways to create drama.
>>
>>10792257
Don't call me out like this bro.
>>
Any other anons doing a non weeb cosplay for Otakon? I know I won't be alone in general but I'm curious
>>10791998
Will be on the lookout for you bro but you'll never know it was me
>>
>>10792283
Well if you take any creep shots or something at least post to the thread so I know some one /here/ was around
>>
File: IMG_2009.jpg (3.67 MB, 4608x3456)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>>10792257

Spoken like another former staffer, ne?
>>
>>10792117
Great copy pastra post.
>>
>>10792257
wtf does "things have changed" mean?
>>
File: 1628163676170.jpg (983 KB, 2560x1440)
983 KB
983 KB JPG
>>10792422
Dunno what to tell ya bro, you must be blind to what the social climate be like over the years.

>>10792333
Nah, just an oldfag that's local.
>>
>>10792512
mokk moment

least she's looking well
>>
File: IMG_1828.jpg (3.4 MB, 4608x3456)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB JPG
>>10792422

Otakon seriously changed between Baltimore and DC.
>>
>>10792558
Use words to describe what changed.
>>
>>10758309
Welp my entire family and me got tested positive for COVID-19 today. I know this is selfish of me but this will be my first con since the pandemic and there's no way I'm missing out on this one.
>>
File: IMG_1780.jpg (3.59 MB, 4608x3456)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
>>10792572

The vibe, the attitude, fun...
>>
>>10792574
I hope you got vaxxed, typical normie losers no refunds.
>>
>>10789854
Added to the long list of shit that Baltimore did away with.
>>
File: IMG_1845.jpg (3.02 MB, 4608x3456)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>10792773

Corona-Chan did a number on the tourist area, a lot of the stuff Otakon attendees remember about the area is now gone. Harbor East has been redeveloped and it looks like Port Covington is next.

>>10792572

Otakon in Baltimore: Soul
Otakon in DC: Soulless
>>
>>10792574
hope you die
>>
>>10792574
lick doorknobs
>>
>>10792718
Yes I'm vaccinated already. I'll be masking up as well and trying my best not to cough too much.
>>
>>10792835
>>10792838
Really uncalled for but okay?
>>
>>10792782
Otakon in Baltimore sucked from 2012 to the last day there, bro. Take off those rose tinted glasses. Massive overcrowding issues, neverending prereg lines that lasted into the night and long lines in general made it terrible. Ive been going since 2000 and Otakon in DC is miles better.
>>
>>10792860
And you will end up getting sick because of nausea and screwing up your immune system damaged.
>>
Anyone got space for one more? I can pay of course.
>>
On the train to DC right now and there's people standing lul
>>
>>10792919

Metrorail or Amtrak?

Did Otakon ever bring back the Thursday Matsuri?
>>
>>10792875
I honestly feel completely fine besides some minor coughing. Hopefully by tomorrow it'll go away.
>>
>>10792974
Sadly no. Just for online badge pickup
>>
>>10792903
Pay with your body.
>>
>>10793021
Does that mean you have a room available?
>>
>>10792903
Yeah but I want to be cuddled, not joking
>>
>>10793035
>>10792903
Additional, girl or guy?
I’m good with ether but yeah, not joking
>>
>>10793035
>>10793037
Guy, but I will have to kindly pass you up on that offer. I am the kind of person that minds his own business.
>>
>>10793040
Understandable
>>
>>10793041
I hope you find someone to cuddle you.
>>
>>10793042
Same, offer still stands for anyone, I’m lonely lol
>>
>>10792257

I think you and I played super turbo together one Otakon after the front street Tavern. How you've been well man, I miss my con people.
>>
File: soon.png (87 KB, 371x238)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
dawn of the final day
12 hours remain
who excited
>>
>>10793085
I can only go Friday.
>>
>>10793096
Same, gonna be there basically the whole day though
>>
>>10793104
Lucky you. Latest the stupid Marc train runs is 6:40pm for my stop. I'm going to have to rush everything.
The game room even has fucking En-Eins Perfektewelt this year and I'll probably only get to play it once. What a cruel world woe is me.
>>
Don't go to Ota looking to fuck traps, femboys and other gays. DC has the highest monkeypox cases per capita.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/18/monkeypox-dc-vaccine-cases/

Y'all thirsty dudes are gonna eat the ass anyway, but just beware of what you're getting into.
>>
>>10793118
Lesbians are gonna have a great time in Otakon this year.
>>
>>10793118
I’ll get whatever I can get honestly, as long as their a biological girl
>>
If anyone super spergy wants to meet up and maybe kiss a little lemme know
>>
>>10792860
You’re a dumb ass if you’re coming to the con with Covid. Hope someone irl finds out and gets you kicked.
>>
>>10793131
I'm not kissing any boys and getting monkeypox.
>>
File: 20220729_090244.jpg (981 KB, 2560x1440)
981 KB
981 KB JPG
>>10793072
I've been alright. Been keeping it chill this whole time. Didn't have a cosplay ready for this year and all my old ones are absolutely too tattered to throw on even half-assed. So I'll mostly be spending the weekend having meals with friends and fulfilling a favor of taking pics with the mokk.
>>
So if otakon says it opens at 12, but there are events scheduled earlier than that, there should be no problem getting in before 12 right
>>
>>10793255
Not sure if people are being let in at any time before then
>>
>>10793255
Con opens at 10, dealers opens at 12
>>
>>10793276
>>10793255
I'm sitting in a panel right now con has been open since 9
>>
>>10793231
Covid is old news, Monkeypox is the new deal that everyone is getting.
>>
>>10770699
real? it didn't need a test result thing last year. has anyone gone yet? are they actually looking for this shit? fuck this might be the first one I don't get to go to.
>>
>>10793292
They are checking and giving a wristband to wear once you show your vaccine card or test.
>>
File: file.png (599 KB, 1350x740)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>10782163
>>10783513
will they accept one of these?
>>
>>10785955
>Which is why I'm still wearing my mask.
doesn't prevent spreading or catching of the virus
>People would rather get a fake vax card than a jab and infect everyone around them.
innoculation has Vaccine efficacy against any SARS-CoV-2 infection of 30% (Efficacy of a Fourth Dose of Covid-19 mRNA Vaccine against ...https://www.nejm.org › doi › full › NEJMc2202542
by G Regev-Yochay · 2022 · Cited by 65 )
>This shit would have ended last year if it wasn't for those mouth-breathers
except no it would not have been in any way shape or form. just like the flu it's here forever. over reacting and continuing to knee jerk to a flu is what will keep it complete shit world wide. we had never shut down the entire world for a new flu before and we should not have for covid.
>>
>>10787903
>"veterans"
obese nonbinary tumblrinas. first time?
>>
>>10792512
Domon, Goemon bro . . . how's Felicia? I might not make it if this vaccine shit is a hard lock.
>>
So far it seems kind of low energy but more than half of the people aren't inside yet. I popped out for lunch will be interesting to see what the post noon crowd is like
>>
>>10792574
based
spit into water fountains, into water faucets of every bathroom, and then uhh wear a free yiff/glomp poster around your neck.
>>
>>10793300
I'm heading over at noon, what's the line like for badge pickup and all that
>>
File: file.png (322 KB, 500x500)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>10793294
>>
>>10793302
Prereg line was around the block when I left. The weather has held up which is nice because high chance of storms.
>>
>>10793231
Maybe you should stay home instead or get the vaccine to protect yourself from it if you're so scared? Oh wait! The vaccines don't actually work!
>>
>>10793308
No, not a PCR. Rapid test don’t count. You’re probably gonna have to spend a pretty penny to get one fast enough now. Good luck anon
>>
>>10793311
I’m healthy enough that if I get Covid I’ll be fine, but for those that aren’t, it’s a shitty move to come to the con if you know you have Covid and even worse, have symptoms. I know this site isn’t a place to be considerate, so shut tf up. I hope you get it and suffer.
>>
>>10793313
>PCR
all of the things in the area say it takes like 2 days to get results. what the fuck. I don't feel so good bros. . . I'm still gonna try and walk in for a badge.
>>
Been pretty fun so far, what has everyone else done? I played some DDR, got asked for a bunch of pics and I’m now eating food and planning to waste money

Now where do I go to get invited to the legendary con after parties I’ve heard so much about
>>
>>10793372
Are these real for normal non-cosplaying people? I’m local but haven’t been to Otakon since 2009. Thinking about going tomorrow but think it’ll probably just depress me.
>>
>>10793402
No they aren’t. Why do you tihink you’d get invited dressed as some normie schmuck guy? 95% of guys I’ve seen here are wearing some lame t-shirt or the bare fucking minimum for cosplay, then wonder why no one cares about or invites them to to stuff.
>>
There was this really hot Chainsaw man girl in front of me in line a bit ago, if you’re here you were super cute, I was the apron guy
>>
4chins Meetup when
>>
>>10793426
Hopefully never, if the other meetup pics are any indication y’all mainies really are as ugly on the outside as you are on the outside.
>>
Well Otakon 2022 is done for me. I hope you all have fun.
>>
How to fuck cosplay chicks?
>>
>>10793470
Unzip dick
>>
Welp, it’s over for this year, was really cool to have people ask for pictures

Shoutout to the venti cosplayer who said he had been using 4chan since middle school and the UOOOHHH flag guy if they’re here
>>
Day two of asking to be cuddled, I’m pretty good looking, girl guy or trap idc
>>
>>10793470
If you have to ask, you're already ngmi
>>
>>10793502
Are you a boy or a girl? Might be interested. I’m a girl
>>
>>10793505
Boy
>>
>>10793502
Sure. I’m a guy
>>
>>10793410
I’ve seen a lot of various posts over the years about after parties and events for attendees to meet others. Again, just seems like there’s no reason to show up, or keep posting, etc.

If only Moot still had the panel…
>>
>>10793510
>>10793505
Same person, ether or is fine, I’m at the Renaissance hotel
>>
>>10793521
This is the guy. Sorry I was expecting to do it at the convention center. Heading to a hotel seems kind of sketchy. Good luck though.
>>
>>10793524
>he doesn't go to strangers hotel rooms to get drugged and raped
>>
>>10793524
Understandable
>>10793525
:(
>>
i walked in with a handwritten vaccine card and got in. they gave me three "YOU ARE VACCINED" wrist straps too. gave one to the guy who came in with one of these >>10793294
anyone else want to go to Otakon?
>>
I have literally been watching random anime in the screening rooms all day and haven't spoken to anyone but still had fun being in proximity of others if that makes sense. Bailed on Cutie Honey because I'm hungry as fuck.
>>
>>10793538
I ran into a few dudes multiple times and it was chill, can't say I managed to really connect with anyone though
Still had fun but it makes me wonder if next con I go to I should try to be a bit more social
>>
>>10758309
I almost shit my pants when I saw fully vaccinated required . Luckily only 2 shots needed. The procedure didn't seem all that different from last year. I'm with a group, did light cosplay but had fun. My fat ass had to custom dye stuff but I'm happy the way shit came out.

I wanna go to the rave but fuck man, restrictions are heavy. I remember back in Baltimore I could just walk in shit faced with a bottle and no body would give a shit.

Met some cool people and sperged out with some Pokemon card people as we hyped each other's pulls. Played some games. Probably gonna do more tomorrow . Again want to go to the rave but who the fuck knows how that's gonna go.
>>
>>10793502
If you're into bigger bear types I'd be down for a good cuddle . Lemme know my man.
>>
>>10793538
haha same man, i suck at interacting with people i dont know. but i just love con atmospheres and thats enough for me sometimes, though i really wish i could actually strike a lasting conversation.
>>
>>10793548
Not the guy you were talking to but i love that too. Having a mass influx of people like you sharing similar interests has that family feel. Even the shitty parts, like con drama, cosplay malfunctions, too much skin, etc. All part of the experience.

My thing is I can talk with pretty much anybody but not a whole lot I'd keep as long term.
>>
>>10793547
Will do, I’m getting pretty drunk, big guys are cute but I’m def open to that
>>
>>10793549
Same for me, it’s nice being around people I know have similar interests and I can even talk with most of them at length about stuff I like, but actually connecting seems kinda hard
>>
>>10793549
As a lolicon I feel like a hen in a den of wolves.
No one here is on my level of tastes, especially not the shallow "I WATCHED SPY FAMILY XD" girls.
>>
>>10793550
Lol now? Or for tomorrow?
>>10793553
Yeah. Worse when you get older. Not because you wouldn't wanna be friends ifs just investing time into long term friendships can be exhausting.. I'm experiencing a resurgence of weeb friends from my job and it's kinda nostalgic , didn't think I'd have a round two and those days were behind me. Glad I was wrong
>>
>>10793554
>as a lolicon
Dude we should hang out, I got a Iruru and a few other prints, very based
>>
>>10793555
Maybe tomorrow night, or late tonight cus I could use some bear cudddles
>>
>>10793554
Man dude I remember a time where they sold fucking loli hentai and yaoi paddles in the dealer room. Good times .

I love spy x family but legit told my group I was gonna do a shot for every Anya I saw and needless go say while I has a couple I couldn't actually do it. I would literally die of alcohol poisoning. My favorite one I found though was the literal 5 year old dressing as her.

But it really is the flavor of the month anime/manga and will be around for awhile.

I know showing my age but kinda bummed i didn't see 1 Haruhi.
>>
>>10793521
Yeah, I wouldn’t feel comfy coming to your hotel, but meeting in the convention center would be cool. And maybe then hotel if we hit it off!
>>
>>10793569
That would be cool, good idea abd I hope we can
>>
>>10793571
I’ll update tomorrow! Tired and need to rest up for day 02
>>
I wish it was easier to figure out who around here likes getting creampied
>>
If anyone here cosplayed iruru, please lemme know there were at least two good ones
>>
I love hanging with my friends with cons, but I feel like they actively cockblock me
>>
Girls with a loli kink @ me
>>
>>10793579
Same, good god that would be great
>>
Girls who like getting choked in cosplay send up the bat signal
>>
Heartwarming to know that theres channers that are here. Thank
>>
>>10793231
I took some medication before going today and I had my mask on at all times during the con. I only ever took it off when I had to eat/drink or had a really bad coughing fit. Not to mention I was wearing gloves on the entire time too and doing everything I could to minimize contact around people.
>>
>>10793579
Feels good when my girlfriend is into Loli and can actually pull it off because of her Asian genes.
>>
>>10793586
You’re beyond lucky dude
>>
Any femboys Wanna sleep together
>>
>>10793527
I would still be down to meet during the convention tomorrow if you’d like
>>
>>10793502
Girlfriend and I are interested...
>>
>>10793591
For real? Cus if so that would be rad
>>
>>10793592
Just cuddling or sex as well?
>>
>>10793593
Ether or honestly, whatever yall are for
>>
>>10793595
We're down for a threesome if you can provide accomodations?
>>
>>10793596
Such as? That sounds great if so
>>
>>10793597
Like a hotel or somewhere private
>>
>>10793600
Got a hotel room and totally willing to use it, up for anything
>>
File: 20220730_084630.jpg (2.18 MB, 4032x1816)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
I'm about to go. I'm not cosplaying but I'm black and wearing this shirt. Say hi if you see me.
How strict are they being about masks and vaccines and all that shit?
>>
>>10793538
About to take a fat rip of my vape and do this until 3ish.
>>
>>10793632
You need to wear a mask to get in. You need a wristband to get in anywhere. To get a rust and you need to show proof of vaxx via vaxx card, app, or a recent PCR test. They're strict.
>>
>>10793602
Bear here . Morning . Lemme know what you guys are doing
>>
>>10793646
Take this shit to LGBT faggot
>>
File: 20210821_193028.jpg (776 KB, 2560x1440)
776 KB
776 KB JPG
>>10793299
All is well of course, though keeping things light for the sake of easier travel.

The worst thing that covid did isn't the way it gave ota to power trip, its DC eateries closing down at 10~midnight thats fucking up everything. It's easy to deal with masks and to the extent their whack vaxx/pcr policies, but you can't solve 80% of the area being closed late at night when you might need it most.
>>
>>10793632
Say hi to me too. I’m a white guy cosplaying sakuya and have a dagger strapped to my left thigh
>>
So many dysgenic freaks. Also who thought of this scheme for getting badges? I registered so I can wait in 3 increasingly long lines? Fuck this
>>
>>10758309
Anyone know of or throwing a party tonight?
>>
>>10793653
The dance? It'll probably be a sausage fest though.
>>
At what point do you just ditch your friends who are still getting ready? I'm losing my mind here but I know they'll throw a shit fit if I leave without them.
>>
>>10793657
Just do it. Shits half over already.
>>
>>10793658
It took me 90min to get my badge and I "pre registered"
>>
>>10793659
Haha now wait another 90 for your wristband :-)
>>
I was invited to a party (I'm local) tonight. Does this place get better after dark or should I go to that party and actually talk to girls instead of looking at a bunch of lesbians and girls with bfs
>>
This shits burning till the mascaraed, anyone wanna fuck?
>>
I was planning on going, and just hanging out in the main area, without getting a badge, but I hear you can't even get into the building this year without a badge. Is this true?
>>
Can't believe I spent $65 on this.
>>
>>10793677
Aand I just saw 3 full suit furries
>>
Why the fuck is there an hour long line to get INTO the con?
>>
>>10793554
I bet you’d get along with the guy waving the cunny flag around
Shame I’m not going any more days, so many twitterfags around lately it woulda been nice to link up with someone based
>>
>>10793667
I think Saturday afternoon is the high point. If you're not feeling it now, things probably aren't going to get better.
>>
>>10793641
>They're strict.
They won't do nothing. Those cons faggots would get their ass handed to them. Also I heard there was low attendance yesterday,
>>
>>10793686
not one of those things is true. quite the opposite.
>>
>>10793646
Can we text you or message you privately somehow??
>>
>>10793681
The late night panels could be fun for a laugh and they're showing FOTNS later. But there's no booze here do people bring it in
>>
>>10790157
Same vibe
Old /o/ meet
>>
File: IMG_20220730_130315449.jpg (1.93 MB, 4608x3456)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>10793556
Lol. My favorite loli is Sorceress from Dragon Crown.

>>10793558
>a time where they sold fucking loli hentai and yaoi paddles in the dealer room
I still manage to find some loli stuff at cons, you just gotta look around. Like this Takamichi Love Works which I'm very happy about buying.
Also I'm fine with seeing Spy Family. It just annoys me when it's all someone knows. Otakon should really only be for otaku.

>>10793680
>guy waving the cunny flag around
That's hilarious, shame I didn't see him. Was it just an image of the crying emoji? I definitely would have given a hearty uoh. I only went Friday though, so oh well.
>>
>>10793646
Drop your discord i guess
>>
I wandered over to the Marriott and ended up outside. I see like 4 miles of lines and idk if this is all to get back in. Fuck that I'm going back to Virginia
>>
>>10793706
that's the badge line
>>
>>10793708
People had badges already and were in line. I got my fill anyway
>>
Where the based ppl at, too many twitterfags
>>
File: typical Touhou fan.png (104 KB, 200x325)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
I wish I could murder all the Touhou fags. Every time I see a lanky retard in an ugly dress I want to throw up. God their characters look terrible.
Why are they even at an anime convention anyway? Go back to bronycon.
>>
I'm super fucking pissed I paid out the ass for rooms at the Marriott and there's a line outside of the fucking hotel to get into the con
>>
>>10793712
I've seen so many cross dressing fags. Zoomers really are scum
>>
>>10793715
Has it always been this way? I don't know who the target audience for this is honestly. You pay all that money to...listen to panels about capitalism in cowboy bebop? Or watch anime with people talking around you? Or buy stuff you can get online (and be publicly seen buying hentai)? Or play arcade game in a hall with zoomers and no alcohol?
It looks like the 16 year olds who are spending the entire time just hanging with friends are having fun but I came alone and don't cosplay so feels like a waste.
>>
>>10793688
Not him but I was and there wasn't much people there at Otakon yesterday despite long lines.
>>
>>10793722
Part of it is definitely the 50iq DC convention center planning and staff but it's packed today. But a lot of people are just hanging in the halls, I went to the art fight and only a third of the room as full
>>
>>10793720
There's generally long lines but not in the hotel like this that's connected to the convention center and it's far more expensive because of it.
As far as everything else you described, that's a convention, if you're going at it alone and don't like being stupid and weebish around your peers, and don't like buying merch and shit or going to listen to someone talk about an anime related topic why are you going? What did you think this would be?
>>
>>10793691
Got a discord, kik etc. ?
>>
>>10793728
Free sloppy blow jobs or tasteful merch for anime I like. Couldn't find either
>>
>>10793715
Should have taken the secret route. I’ve skipped the line every day.
>>
File: 1340007355848.gif (388 KB, 260x317)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>another linecon
holy shit
>>
>>10793676
That’s every year retard. Why would they let you into the convention without a badge? That said, it’s really easy to sneak in.
>>
>>10793738
Spread the knowledge to a fellow anon? I won't tell anyone
>>
>>10793720
>It looks like the 16 year olds who are spending the entire time just hanging with friends are having fun but I came alone and don't cosplay so feels like a waste.
It didn't used to be that way. Cons have changed over the years.
>>
Ota is horribly short staffed for the amount of crowd that came in. They probably expected lowish numbers but I guess everyone wanted to get outta the house.
>>
>>10793754
I mean I'm kind of solo and I'm doing an inosuke cosplay but groups and people are impossible to talk to. It's a bit ridiculous how people will avoid any interaction beyond hey let's take a pic, k bye. Def not like that at dragoncon
>>
>>10762258
>Twinks couldnt handle the sassy black ladies wanting a piece
Just fucking stay home. Cons are so neutered now that every sperg needs constant hug-box safe spaces everywhere they go. Cons used to be based.
>>
>>10793765
Even just asking for a simple picture is a monumental task because of these assholes.
>hey [CHARACTER NAME] can I get a pic?
>ignored
>maybe they didn't hear me so try asking louder, hey [CHARACTER NAME] can I get a pic!!!
>ignored
>literally right in front of/behind them, screaming at the top of my lungs. HEY [CHARACTER NAME] CAN I GET A PIC PLEASE
>the NPC finally activates and says sure
I never ask if it looks like they're busy with friends or whatever. They just straight up do not want anything to do with you. It's awful.
>>
>>10793754
fr fr. You used to be able to shop up and find friends pretty quickly if you werent a massive sperg. It used to be much more tightly knit. Now its just another event for people to attend.
>>
>>10793680
Im still not sure why the twitter anime community seems to think it is the patrician class of the fandom. Its all just a bunch of circle-jerking neckbeards who have managed to be mildly socialized. They have little secret parties and do pretentious bullshit like wine tasting and bottle shares. Like they forgot cons were a place to get sloppy drunk around your own kind and act a fool and irl shitpost in the line for the over 18 panels.
>>
>>10793742
Lean of the railing next to the the Mariott escalators behind a pillar and come out when someone distracted is walking by.
>>
Havent had any sort of sustained conversation with anyone like I have at other cons nor anyone asking for pictures of my cosplay but at least have got a few compliments. Shame that the amount of love live cosplay/merch has gone down a lot. Maybe being in an actual group this time made me even more hard to approach than I already am
Still having a good time, I really like the lady selling precure stuff she’s nice and saved something for me that she didn’t have yesterday
>>
I heard the workshops are closed? What the hell happened?
>>
Any of you tourists accosted by people of melanin yet?
>>
>>10793795
There's a big homeless camp by the con that I don't remember being there pre-pandemic. DC is a shithole.
>>
>>10793798
Last year it was bad. I skipped this year cus fuck covid bullshit. There was a very greasy black woman having a fight with herself at the corner of Mt Vernon. I was pretty over it.
>>
Saturday 7:30. The commies are cumming
>>
>>10793767
yeesh, i feel that man. got straight up ignored a few times. im also cosplaying and had a few good interactions but nothing longer than 4 sentences
>>
File: file.png (35 KB, 512x512)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>10793701
>I definitely would have given a hearty uoh
yeah it was just a big flag of the sob emoji and I did the same while waiting in the line, good times
>>
>>10793765
>>10793768
>>10793767
I dunno, I never had any issue asking for pics with people or making small talk, but most of the people didn't really seem like they wanted to connect all that much. Are some of the more local cons in VA or in general any better? I still had fun but I dunno
>>
File: PXL_20220730_204217254.jpg (2.88 MB, 3072x4080)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>10793680
>>10793701
>>10793813
Wait shit is this him? I thought this was a joke. What a legend
>>
>>10793817
Yeah, wish I got a picture with him
>>
I'm in Fairfax going to a party but I'm monitoring this thread. I'll either go home or make my way back if the late night panels and part sounds good.
Like actual sociable people whose want to talk to new people
>>
>>10793772
>this entire post
MAN 07-2011 were magical cons man.
>>
>>10793818
Hilarious. What a guy. And the only people who would call it out are the people who know what it means
>>
File: cap3.png (848 KB, 666x896)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>>10793822
Yeah it's based, saw some guy had one at AX before too
Closest thing I had to that was a shimapan patch, only one guy actually recognized it though lol
>>
File: 1619466824748.gif (1.6 MB, 343x495)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
Left because it was getting dumb crowded but Fri/Sat were great. Hate that I waited until I was 26 to go to my first con, felt a bit old compared to some groups. Looking forward to making a cosplay next year.
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>10793802
Cringe
>>
>>10793835
I'm 33 my man. Still have fun. Though I do have baby face when I shave so lots of people think I'm like 24
>>
First time at Otacon, gonna to the dance tonight. Anyone else going?
>>
>>10793856
by yourself? probably not worth.
>>
>>10793856
I am! Sorry male tho
>>
>>10793863
S'all good, I'm a guy too. Just looking to make some new compadres!
>>
>>10793868
Sounds cool dude.
You know exactly where this is. ?
>>
>>10793821
That they were me son. That they were.
>>
>>10793817
Incredible. You just know he was looking for anything Klee related.
>>
>>10793891
If I can make back can I come back with my Saturday badge to the dance
>>
>>10793893
Didn't mean to quite you
>>
Come on are none of you going to the dance? I'm going to get drunk and make my way to Hentai panels
>>
>>10793868
You around?
>>
Watched this faggot get straight up robbed by a homeless nigger. Just walked up and reached in his bag and plucked bills. Is it just me or are the homeless more aggressive than usual this year?
>>
>>10793898
They smell weakness.
I'M GOING HOME THEN GOING TO THE BURLESQUE SHOW I'M GOING GO GET MY MONEY'S WORTH
>>
>>10793898
I'm originally from the DC metro area and moved to New England right before the pandemic. Homeless here are a different fucking breed now. I also can't believe the homeless camp outside the convention center now. Why are the DC police not doing something about that??? Full-blown tents and everything.
>>
>>10793898
I remember years ago I fell for a "dude who needed change " and he swiped my 20. Ever since then any homeless that gets near me I tell to fuck off. Nothing wrong with being homeless but get your handouts somewhere else.
>>
>>10793901
I'm a dcfag who moved to Virginia last year because of blm and homeless and I wanted to own a gun but it's really gotten worse, you're not wrong. DC homeless clearings don't happen because the faggots at NPR bitch about it every time and there's always some bum sleeping drunk/high out of his mind even though the city puts notices up months before clearings and if one bum is even touched during the clearing the activists throw a shit fit and shut the entire thing down. Therefore, no clearings.
>>
>>10793792
I'm pretty bummed to about the western love live community not being as active/big as it was a few years ago. I still got some cute stuff from the idol booth. (Plus all the Chika straps are 50% off!!!)

The one person I saw with a love live ita bag that I complimented was a mega bitch. (I'm a girl and wasn't even being weeby or creepy)

Remember when there were full-blown birthday parties/events for the girls? I want that back so bad. Take me back to 2016.
>>
Last night of me asking to be cuddled…
If that couple still wants a threesome, lemme know, I got one last night in a hotel
>>
>>10793907
Here buddy. Where you at again ?drop your discord or w.e
>>
File: GIF-201122_212144.gif (1.21 MB, 480x480)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>10793649
Hi lmao
>>
>>10793898
Some nigger saw me carrying water bottles and started begging me for money. I offered him a water bottle and he was like "I already got a god damn water bottle, I need money, man! I know you anime con motherfuckers don't come from across the country with no money."
I gave him nothing, niggers can't be choosers.
>>
>>10793909
doridori#8384
Send a two person hand picture with peace signs so I know
Or if anyone else wants to do stuff like that cus I’m lonely
>>
They really planned the worst weekend for the nigger fuck metro do be reduced (jk it's every weekend). Thank God for the circulator.
>>
>>10793913
I thank God for being black, these lowlifes know that I won't piss on them if they were on fire.
>>
OK nvm I made plans to get coffee with a girl after church and I know I shouldn't be going to 18+ burlesque shows also don't want to be hungover.
Goodnight bros.
>>
>>10793896
I've been going to Otakon since like 2016 and I never once went to the dance.
>>
>>10793795
My friend took me to a summer concert series in a wooded park near his house in the black part of DC across the river. That adventure was way better than the con entertainment. First time experiencing GoGo music and it was a unique sound. 10/10 would do again. Everybody there was having the time of their lives. The park was called Fort Dupont.

Sounds sketch as fuck but it was worth the trip.
>>
>>10793921

they were off the hook back in Baltimore, how are they in DC?
>>
>>10793913
Lmao we come across the country to spend money on anime shit, not the homeless. wtf
>>
>>10793925
Not the same anon, but the two years before covid they were pretty shit, less energy. The music was still good. Don't plan on going to this one cause it will probably be shit. Plus why would you wanna be covered in peoples sweat at a time like this (Monkey-pox + weebs not showering)
>>
>>10793928
Me and my bud were gonna check it out but it was still line con and I just didn't have the energy to wait in line for hours only to dance for like 1.
>>
>>10793928
I remember the Baltimore days when the second floor of the BCC would literally be rocking during the rave. Fuck I miss those days.
>>
>>10793933
MAN. They actually played remixes of anime songs too in the music. I remember one year I think the dj was a special guest and mixed miku, guaran lagan and Haruhi in their music . Fuck I remember losing my collective shit when I heard Hare Hare Yukai start playing .
>>
>>10793933

Former staffer here. It had to get moved to the exhibition halls because the building engineers said all that rocking was damaging the BCC.

Remember one guy who was a combat medic with two tours in Iraq. He said he hated working dance because while he had no issues with blood, he couldn't stand vomit.
>>
File: 20220730_213328.jpg (1.21 MB, 2560x1440)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Emptying bottles of soju and other shit in embassy suites 1418
>>
>>10793936
honestly it's better to go to raves at cceast or katsu when snacks is there. his sets are good.
>>
>>10793939
kill yourself touhou nigger
give me that hamburger
>>
>>10793767
eye contact is key. when im cosing i sometimes dont hear people calling my character but if they give me eye contact or a lil wave it helps 100%
i feel like shit when i realize far too late someone was asking and im just casually walking away.
>>
>>10793977
I'll remember that for next time. I guess I should have known to wave my arms or something similar, seems very obvious now that you mention it.
There was one cute girl cosplaying as Yun Jin from Genshin Impact that I especially wanted a pic with. If anyone saw her please post pictures.
>>
thoughts as someone who has gone sporadically in 90s, 00s, 10s, and now the 20s. the current con deff has a different feel. not saying i didnt have fun but all of the good panels got filled way too quick. the focus on actually watching anime seems to be gone, my last year in 14 at bcc had a ton of screenings including a main theater which is now nowhere to be found. not really sure who the target market is anymore at this point but at least I went out
>>
So I’m not going to front - I’m a straight cis male who wants to get laid before the end of this con. I’m clean af (showered multiple times a day desu), am respectful, safe, and just wanna get intimate with a like-minded anime girl. I got weed edibles and I really like to eat pussy so yeah
>>
>>10793939
post the basedjack photo. NOW
>>
Move gaming to C.

Turn D/E into a holding pen for people coming in to the con so they aren’t standing outside while they wait for prop check/bag check/etc.
>>
>>10794044
You do you king, but I would shy away from chowing down on strange women.
>>
>>10758309
>tfw not vaxxed so had to miss it
I've never been to a con fuck covid dude
>>
Managed to avoid lines on Saturday and today. Had a lot of fun cosplaying. Surprising amount of people recognized my cosplays/wanted pics which was a fun surprise.
I didnt get a chance to ask for a pic but I saw you guys >>10793500 glad you had fun
>>
>>10794191

post pics
>>
otakon said record turn out but that shit felt empty compared to pre 2020 close out. maybe everyone was in the panels I guess?
>>
>>10794207
Just over 40k according to the closing panel. They did NOT expect that high of a turnout.
>>
>>10794207

What was the number they announced?
>>
>>10794207
Im sure they need to fluff attendance numbers for corporate sponsorship.
>>
>>10794191
What were you going as if you dont mind me asking, maybe saw you around too lol
>>
>>10794239

Normally its pre-registration + at-door - no-shows. Not sure if guests, staff, dealers, etc are counted towards a total.
>>
File: 1633453588555.png (1.03 MB, 940x1005)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
sorry for drinking all the soju but, respeckfully.
that
shit
was
BUSSIN
>>
File: look at her go.gif (202 KB, 243x336)
202 KB
202 KB GIF
I met misato and made a real life version of this https://tenor.com/view/misato-dance-gif-23174027
>>
How fucking miserable is my life where an Otakon where I didn't speak to anyone makes me feel fomo? I even got nervous talking to someone I already knew because I met them unexpected fucking social shit is the worst.
>>
File: 20220730_153012.jpg (2.19 MB, 4000x3000)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>10794201
>>10794241
Flynn from SMT IV and a Turian from Chad effect on Saturday
>>
>>10794275

Awesome costume

What time was that taken? Normally the floor below would be insanely crowded but its not
>>
File: 1432092135705.png (84 KB, 500x500)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>10794275
>Flynn from SMT IV
Whaaa? I would have loved to see that. In all my years going to cons I've never spotted a samurai.
>>
>>10794207
>>10794217
Not convinced that it felt 25% bigger than 2019’s 29k.
>>
This year felt like shit. I don't know if there were actually as many people as they claimed, but it felt like more people because the retards running the con couldn't manage lines for shit. Staff from the convention and Otakon we both yelling and screaming at people, and not just the normal hollering the rules for all to hear. One of the people in my group tried to go to the adult plushie workshop last night and the ota staff were screening in people's faces and threatening to postpone the workshop because "there was no line before 11pm" when it was already after that time. The dance sucked shit. There was no dance floor just carpet the bag check people were talking people their shit didn't need to be bag checked and then the staff at the door would say they would two seconds later. There was no strobes or anything half of the room had the lights on. The DJ setup was a folding table and they have like two speakers. The second DJ, bandit it some shit, couldn't mix to save his life and would just stop the music before switching the song and was playing mostly mid 00's emo music that transitioned into a minute of dance music. The best part about the dance was watching the furries slow dance by the stage. They blocked half of the hallway leading to the dealers room and made people go upstairs around a corner and then down to get right back to the hallway slightly further down.
Additionally the convention center were being huge jews and provided a super short unloading timeframe for the vendors and were charging $10-20k fines for anyone who went over those time limits so most of the larger vendors pulled out and that's why half of the dealers room was just artist alley 2.0
>>
>>10794317
Sounds like a you problem, mate.
>>
>>10794279
Much appreciated, and around 3:30.
>>10794289
Shame we didn't run into each other. Always love meeting smt fans irl, the meetup also made me consider finally trying persona since thats what it mostly was
>>
>>10793835
Hey don’t worry, going to cons in late 20s or your 30s has the added advantage of having significantly more money to spend than young people, generally better with alcohol and having a good time at a party versus a bad one, et cetera. If you enjoyed the con(s) you still have lots of fun ones ahead of you. All you’re missing out on by not being young is just young people stuff that wouldn’t be as fun for you anyway. I go to more cons now that I’m “old” (30s) and have more fun. Though it is sad that some things about con culture have changed, going as an older person isn’t one of them
>>
Where are the cosplay pics?
>>
>>10794344

3:30 on Sunday that would be about right since everyone was leaving.

3:30 Friday or Saturday? No Bueno

>>10794317

Got a source on that unloading timeframe? Usually the Teamsters handle the docks and they run smoothly, wonder what happened.
>>
2023 hotels open in two hours
>>
>>10794317
>Where are the cosplay pics?
No wonder. I was wondering why there weren't any major corporate vendors this year. Yeah otakon this year was such a disappointing failure. Thank goodness I'm a year older and that usually means a year richer to buy a bunch of shit while creeping on young chicks
>>
big kusa Marriott got destroyed instantly couldn't even get waitlist
>>
>>10794432
Discotek being the primary corporate presence was kind of yikes even if they have some classic stuff. It was very apparent. I feel like a lot of big corpo dollars go into either their own cons(CRX) or ANYC/AX
>>
Otakon used to be The Biggest of the east coast for so many years. NYC couldn't get a convention together for shit until anyc but once they got the javits the big displays and industry wanted to go there because well its nyc. You could really feel ota was the waning dame of the century. They had a good run though. Met yoko kanno in Baltimore ages ago
>>
Those doomers cucks who were saying cons were dead. Where y'all at now? The host hotel sold out within a minute.
>>
>>10794455
Is ANYC even good? Never went.
>>
>>10794460
It's ok, not as good as Otakon IMO.
Good fucking luck getting a pass though. The people managing it decided they want to endorse scalping so the tickets are disgustingly expensive. I don't want to support that shit.
>>
Can any locals speak to how Katsucon and MAGFEST are? How much smaller are they than Otakon?
>>
>>10794462
Also to add to this, Anime NYC has a pathetic selection of games. It doesn't even have a dedicated game room like Otakon.
>>
>>10794460
>>10794470
Anyc is more like ax or crx. Heavy focus on industry booths, announcements, concerts and screenings. They also do attract a lot of good talent in the AA.

Ota now feels more like mag/katsu, with a focus on fan activities, cosplay, gaming etc. But ota used to pull really significant industry guests and musical guests. It's nice that they got Mariya ise this year tho
>>
>>10794470
>>10794471
Honestly sounds like a plus to me as I didn't use the gaming room as anything other than a mask free zone at Otakon, and I would enjoy newer/premier screenings like Otakon used to have. 4 screening rooms and no main theater showing anime just felt weird. I might be an actual retard for wanting to watch anime at an anime convention tho.
>>
>>10794463
katsu has a pretty decent size. they dont use the space as effectively so it feels really cramped. it doesnt help that katsu is THE east coast flex con so everyone is bringing their biggest and badest props. good news is the lines are all indoors and are relatively shorter.

mag is like the polar opposite. they use the venue to its fullest and theres always something fun to do or see in every corner of the place but there are way less cosplays. magfests major down side is that the dealers room is 100% ass.

>like cosplay and want to buy things?
katsu
>like music and games
mag

but a forewarning that both require full vaccination unlike otakon which takes pcr tests.
>>
>>10794471
>They also do attract a lot of good talent in the AA.
I don't know, lots of people there were selling other artist's works as if it were their own and the more popular artists there were at Otakon too. The AA was definitely more cramped and hard to navigate at Anime NYC, I'll give it that.
>>
>Never got to meet Kaho Shibuya
All 3 days I fucking tried, I just wanted my badge signed and maybe a pic with her, that would've been beyond legendary, but it never happened.

That said, holy FUCK she is short, way smaller than I imagined, and now in comparison, japanese dudes are also pretty damn short lmao
>>
>>10794388
Sadly I don't have any specific source other than hearing it through the grapevine, but I did specifically have a conversation with one of the vendors on Sunday about it and he did confirm they had really tight time constraints that made it difficult. He was working one of the booths in the dealers room that was selling the plexiglass art pieces, I forget the name but it was the red 'V' logo one by the escalators. Other wise I'd heard from others that they'd been told done vendors couldn't even bring all of their stock because of it.
On a slightly related note to the general discussion of vendors, at the Gunpla makerspace event the guy running it was the husband of the current CEO or Chair or something and he was saying that the reason bluefin/bandai don't show anymore is that they restructured a few years back and now don't spend as much money going to conventions and when they do go to a con in the US they focus on anime expo in Cali, which is also generally just a month before Otakon. Ota definitely seems like it's losing steam through no real fault of their own (as far as I can tell anyway) but almost all of the big industry people just aren't showing anymore. Crunchyroll/Funimation don't come. I don't see Sentai Filmworks or Aniplex anymore. Bluefin/Bandai as previously mentioned. Goodsmile too. Nobody does up for what is the basically the east coasts biggest anime convention.
Is it just not worth it for these big vendors to go to conventions or maybe multiple conventions? Seems like it'd be obvious that they'd make decent money selling their products directly at the conventions but fuck if I know about the logistics and expenses of having a booth at a con.
>>
>>10794463
Katsu is about half the size of Otakon. The panels are shit and there’s no meaningful industry presence, it’s just a party/cosplay con. The fact that you never have to leave the Gaylord is godly.
>>
>>10794564
Well they all show up to anyc now so I assume someone in the marketing dept looked at the numbers are decided if they were going to pick 1 event on the east coast its anyc. It does make me a bit sad as someone who didn't miss otakon from age 15 to 30 because it was always basically a local party but time marches on
>>
>>10794528
Who?
>>
What the hell happened to cause such a massive jump in con attendees? 42,000 was the final number for Ota and they never had numbers like that even at their height of popularity when they had L'Arc-en-Ciel show up.
>>
>>10794593
1. Covid
2. More people got into anime over the pandemic
3. Overall anime is more mainstream
4. Dc is more central

2014 was their highest year at 36k. Idk I'm probably bullshitting as 40k seems unrealistic
>>
>>10794593
Has to be a miscount, it didn’t feel that big.
>>
>>10794599
2016 was 29k.

https://www.otakon.com/info/about/stats/
>>
>>10794600
The Washington convention center is also way bigger than the BCC. 2.3 million vs 1.2 million square feet of con space. If 40k people showed up at the BCC, the fire marshal would shut Otakon down.
>>
>>10794463
katsucon is almost nearly only good for the cosplay. all the sweatiest cosplayers (and photogs) go there, and it's good if you're cosplaying or want to look at cosplayers. however, their panels are pretty ass, and the only outstanding this is the cosplay.

magfest is the opposite of katsu. more adult vibe, gaming/music focused, very little cosplay. MASSIVE game room with a huge variety of stuff. mediocre artist alley/dealer's hall. panels are pretty good and staff is the best of any con on the east coast. the one thing it doesn't do well is cosplay, it's the most "fun" con IMO with the friendliest overall vibe.

anyc is fairly new (~4 years). it is very industry focused, but all the shitty parts of it (crunchyroll dub boxed sets). panels are hit or miss, last year they were dogshit. despite being in NYC, it has a negative party scene, with no "major" hotel where people throw down in. they had abysmally bad linecon last year. cosplay is generally pretty good, but it's really got no heart, and it's jacking up it's prices very aggressively from last year which is mega scummy.
>>
>>10794600
The hallway from the Marriot to Halls A,B,C were insane on Saturday I believe it.
>>
>>10794528
>holy FUCK she is short
I thought the same thing too. In my mind I kept thinking how easy it would be to overpower and assault her if I wanted to.
>>
>>10794675
The ojisans at the JAV production company thought the same thing back in the day
>>
>>10794568
>It does make me a bit sad as someone who didn't miss otakon from age 15 to 30
I'm basically in the same boat, I've been going since 2010 and shit was totally wild the first few years. I also miss the Baltimore convention center I liked the area and that convention center a lot more
>>
File: IMG_3867.jpg (1.35 MB, 2304x1728)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>10794825

The BCC era was pretty wild, was glad to have been part of it.

Otakon needed the room, and its going to take years to build that relationship with the venue, the city, and the unions
>>
>>10794576
Former JAV star
>>
>>10794600
>>10794668
It's official from the convention center itself.
https://eventsdc.com/news/otakon-2022-breaks-post-pandemic-attendance-records-walter-e-washington-convention-center?fbclid=IwAR2Z8nDqa5IGhl1hnk4MvvawgI5hsoibersatc3zX-MO-mXsewMZH6DVOAk
If otakon doesn't do a cap we'll see the same, if not higher numbers show up next year. They lucked the fuck out from being on the verge of collapse in 2020 to where they're at now.
>>
>>10794984
Otakon created covid to drive sales
>>
>>10794317
> One of the people in my group tried to go to the adult plushie workshop last night and the ota staff were screening in people's faces and threatening to postpone the workshop because "there was no line before 11pm" when it was already after that time.

Was there when people went full retard to get into that workshop. Too many people were trying to get in and people weren't listening to staff members when it was full
>>
>2023 roomblock open
what? Ok I guess.

Maybe a stupid question but why isn’t the Marriott Marquis showing up in what’s listed in today’s posted hotels? Are the currently listed ones the only ones willing to accept the reservations this early? If so it seems very weird of them to announce the block without th “main” hotel even in it yet.
>>
>>10795085
No the Marriott marquis sold out in a minute
>>
>>10795087
Not just the Marriott, all the other directly close hotels are gone too.
>>
Was reading the GBU (Good, Bad, Ugly) thread on the Otakon message board.

Holy shit, just how bad was Saturday with the lines? It seems as if Otakon un-learned 28 years worth of knowledge about how to run a convention.
>>
what are the covid cases out of the convention? I ask because I was fucking unconscious for the entire last day. but could have caught it from an alcoholic parent.
>>
>>10795800
If you needed a mask and vac how would you get it at otakon retard
>>
>>10795961
neither mask nor vaccination prevents catching or passing the virus though. . .
>>
>>10796235
Reduces the chances of getting said illness. Japan has proven this idea for decades.

Furries fucking do this all day their sweaty ass helmet masks.
>>
>>10796442
>Reduces the chances
so there is still a chance. thanks. guess I got covid from otakon.
>>
>>10793802
Did anyone go to this panel? How was it?
>>
>>10796721
I don't think there has ever been a good panel at otakon. I guarantee it was a TEDx level of amateur retard conversation with 12 year olds asking about ghost in the shell.

Actually I take that back one time at OTAKON there was a dude who went over as many references in Kill La Kill as he could in an hour with extreme detail.
>>
>>10795800
I didn't get Corona-chan but I have been shitting very loosely ever since I got back
>>
>>10796873
Big West showed the out-of-Japan premiere of the Macross Frontier sequel short, that was good. Too bad no one went because it was 10:15 in the morning.
>>
>>10795092
U can still book the Marriott as long as you’re not a cheap broke loser

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.