[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image_hires_092516.jpg (113 KB, 1098x732)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Keep it /cgl/-related! Cosplay or J-fashion like Lolita/Brolita, Aristocrat, Kimono, Nanchatte, etc.!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ITT you may post:
- Useful guides that can be applied to crossplaying/crossdressing
- Questions, help, sharing advice to improve your appearance to pass temporary as the opposite gender (Male -> Female, Female -> Male)
- pictures of crossplay/crossdressing coords, selfposts
- personal experience/stories regarding crossplay/crossdressing

NOT allowed:
- Anything in sexual context/fetish stuff
- Anything related to gender transition like hormones, operation etc.; >>>/lgbt/ might be the better place for this
- Casual crossdressing without any /cgl/-context

Link collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_dKpZOqzVkbN2MtmiU9yTn4LDIfxIhLQAuc8L9xX1k/edit#gid=0

Contact for suggestions or contribution: crossplay.cgl@yahoo.com

Affiliated Discord server: https://discord.gg/eBnVEtQ

Previous thread: >>10710799
>>
File: EJJozYZXsAA8Ss9.jpg (241 KB, 1447x1600)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
The actual title was meant to be "#20: Whoops, There Were Two #18 Threads Edition". Guess it's now "I Accidentally Created My First Tripcode" Edition"
>>
>>10757398
Hips and chest should be roughly 1×1 to appear feminine?
Hips are about 110ish cm and chest is 105ish
Currently, with pads, both are about a meter and with my outfit it looks really real
For reference, i am 170cm tall, my chest is 75 cm and my hips are 90cm, my shoulders are almost exactly 1m
>>
>>10758155
The tita themselves are a 15cm styrofoam ball split in half, that means 7.5cm long and 30cm wide total
>>
>>10758157
damn I didn't think of styrofoam balls thats a perfect idea to save money thank you
>>
>>10755747
This was overtightened but corsets are comfy.
>>
>>10758163
Just after you cut it put wood glue or something on the base so it doesn't flake off. No way you'll be able to make a perfect clean cut so pick out anything that sticks out too much beforehand, holes don't matter
>>
>>10758499
Ok update on the styrofoam cause it can warp.
Hadn't really used that big of a ball before so clothes that otherwise weren't so tight kept pulling them harder than usual.
I guess keep that in mind when going bigger. Idk if they actually shrunk or just got a bit deformed

Also what is a good craft store material that i can get to simualte skin? I think i'll br showing cleavage and i'd rather make that bit myself. Also gives me an excuse to look at pictures of boobs
>>
File: 20220502_162438~2.jpg (751 KB, 2340x2288)
751 KB
751 KB JPG
>>10758520
You guys be the judge but there is obvious chafing and warping on the side where it was in contact with the other boob (left)
This might actually give me a better result cause it makes it less obvioudly circular and more "pressed together" but idk. I made them bigger cause they just didn't make my shoulders look that small so that might just bring back the issue
>>
>>10758499
Turns out you can buy half sphere styrofoam balls too and not need any cutting!
>>
>>10758520
Easy-ish way to make cleavage with spandex.
>>
>>10758737
At what kind of store can i get it?
>>
>>10758737
What materials are all of those I can't read it
>>
Who are the easiest characters to cosplay as for a beginner?
>>
File: 1651193753400.jpg (677 KB, 863x1200)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
Anyone got any tips for presenting as a trap?
stuff like posture, mannerisms, specific makeup tips
I feel like a lot of traps pass better than a lot of transwomen and I wanna take on that challenge
>>
>>10759391
foam board and soft upholstery/cushion foam/sponge.
>>
>>10759391
Here's a video tutorial of the same method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_51E05Ifw
>>
>>10760054
Walk with feet stepping on the same line, and with shorter steps. Speech is an entire thing that I'm not even gonna get in, there's enough videos online to help.
But dear God cover your shoulders and hands best you can
>>
>>10760254
Thanks
I get how to do shoulders but what about hands?
Wear long sleeves all the time?
>>
File: 1651961641975.jpg (489 KB, 1600x896)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>10760290
Longer sleeves, lolita wrist cuff type deals, opera gloves, or some sort of sleeve thing.
Cam whoring aside, something like these. Had a shirt I hacked the arms off, and found when worn backward, they made a great forearm/wrist concealer.
The gloves were separate. Just what I had on for that picture
>>
>>10760254
>But dear God cover your shoulders and hands best you can
Hmmm. I have seen my share of male and female shoulders and hands, and I can say that both are quite diverse and you can't automatically (except in some rare cases) say that some hands or shoulders belong to one group and not the other. So I don't think that advice should be so generic. Maybe change it to something like "Cover your shoulders and hands if they are too big/muscular, unless you are going for a big\muscular girl impression"?
>>
>>10760466
Some range finding scopes use 19inches as a reference because from man to man it's a very consistent width.
If a male wears spaghetti straps, it's damn sure to stick out
>>
>>10760523
>19inches
But I'm 15.8"...
>>
Finally a new thread.
>>
Doing a jinx soon. I am very tall 6 foot, 135lbs so I feel like I have the scrawny down, but is there any way to make the shoulders appear less broad? The top having so much bare skin worries me a bit. Also need to look into how to do a good girl voice. I have put a ton of work and money into making the props / wig / outfit so hopefully it goes smoothly but it never really does lol. The gf has been practicing the makeup routine and while it's not perfect it is improving.
>>
>>10760579
>is there any way to make the shoulders appear less broad?
You are in luck, my friend. Diagonal lines towards the neck make shoulders appear narrower, and, guess what, they walk hand in hand winth Jinx's designs.
>>
>>10760584
Nice that's good, is it worth using anything to hide midriff stubble I can shave but some tiny bits of stubble still remain.
>>
>>10760620
You can just pluck them all. It will take a lot of time, but will look smooth for a couple of days at least.
>>
>>10760774
Plucking will take forever. Wax.
>>
>>10760990
>>10760774
epilating works as well
>>
File: E1sJhiaVkAA70Zy (1).jpg (285 KB, 1920x1440)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>10760254
I think showing shoulders is fine desu. It's about how you present yourself
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495080552543.jpg (99 KB, 1024x724)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Not sure if this is the right place, I don't want to break any rules
But does anyone have a recommendation for where to get a good 2b costume
I'm planning on crossplaying as 2b for AX
>>
>>10761393
is that a dude cause damn
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495080537788.jpg (81 KB, 1024x671)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>10761469
Yeah and I think I found a good costume and boots
Boots were a real issue because I already have big man feet but I eventually found one that appears to have my size
Really excited for this, will keep things posted
>>
Do y'all do hip padding? I have been debating making my own vs just buying some slider shorts eith big hip padding that look smooth vs something else.
>>
>>10761472
Can I get a link to where you found it? Not gonna be at AX but have been trying to find a decent 2b costume for months now.
>>
File: shoe.png (75 KB, 865x619)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>10761926
yeah ofc
I found mine on a website, cosplayshow the $74 version of the costume
it seems a little sketchy, but I found multiple reviews for both the website and the costume itself and both were very good
I ordered the largest female size, and other than the hip which I can pad, I think I actually would fit it quite well
I probably will also do some modifications, the gloves don't seem impossible to make if they don't fit my man hands

the boots were a much harder thing to find in my size, I wear a mens US 11.5-12, which is about a women's size 14
I couldn't find any women's boots in size 13 or larger, but I eventually found these from what appears to be a bit of a foot fetishist site which carried 14s
kinda worried about them not being wide enough, or my calves being too big, but some of the reviews are from men and it seems good
I live really close to where it was shipped from so those boots are arriving today and I'll be able to see how well they fit and ill post my findings here
>>
>>10761957
Got the boots just now
They fit really well
Both fortunately and unfortunately the black "boot" part is just kinda a nylon stocking
But overall I'm really happy with this being my only option
If you've got smaller feet I'd recommend looking for normal thighhigh boots, but if you can't this is still a great option
>>
File: 324324.png (503 KB, 917x785)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
I like to dress up as 50s housewife and than larp in my flat and clean and bake cake (i know, i know...)
The problem: I cannot find shoes that match my outfit. Every women shoes for mens size are mostly extravagant or outright fetish.

Is there a site where i can find boots that look like this in a bigger size?
>>
>>10761512
Here's a good video on how to make your own-
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_z6ct7IcaI
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibYTgw6LUIU&t=0s

But I find usually use thinner (1") foam and taper the edges even more- at least 3" in from each edge and 6" up from the bottom.
>>
>>10757398
Recommendations for any corset or waist nippers?
I don't want to spend a bunch of money on some cheap one on Amazon that would just fall apart
>>
>>10761957
Thanks so much bro, I appreciate the details too.
>>
>>10761512
Just find some foam, a mattress is fine.
Cut it down until you have a boars about 5cm wide, then cut out the rough shape and split it in half. Use a bread knife and scissorss. After that just taper it
The other anon gives good tutorials
>>
>>10761472
Wait that's you?
>>
>>10762523
No that's not me
That's just a random(male) cosplayer that I'm using for reference
Also holy shit I just realized, I am 6'6" when wearing heels
Luckily I think 2B is one of the few characters that can get away with it
>>
Heya I'm back.
Tried applying makeup, what do you think? Is it overdone? Too light? Is the color wrong?
I had eyeliners, eyeshadows, blush, and lipstick on the picture but somehow the camera doesn't really pick it up even though I think it'll be too much if I add more :s
Just an okay/weird comment will also help. Thanks!
>>
>>10762743
Also, I'm planning to go to a con like this. Is it weird? Will I get hatecrimed?
>>
>>10762743
>>10762744
I'm not a makeup expert so I can't point out what needs to be improved
But I think you look good
If you didn't tell me you were crossplaying I wouldn't know
You just look like a normal girl
>>
>>10762743
looks nice! didn't realize what thread this was in until i scrolled up, so i didn't realize you were crossplaying, as a girl i think the makeup looks normal and not over the top. cute shade of lipstick. your wig may be a bit shiny but it could be the lighting as well
>>
File: korra model sheet.jpg (527 KB, 2664x1500)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
Is this a safe first crossplay? I'm latino and have the skin tone I think. Looking convincingly like a girl is something I want but really I just don't want to look like an ugly weirdo.
>>
>>10763026
I think Korra would be a really good one to start out with
her outfit is kinda guides you towards her face so make sure its nice and clear looking
>>
>>10763040
My face is completely smooth and I don't have any acne. And I got my facial hair lasered so I don't have any stubble either. I think I'm ok in that department.

But I'm worried about having broader shoulders in that outfit since they're exposed? I don't know if sleeveless makes it less or more of a problem. I think maybe the wider pants will offset that though but I don't know much about how you dress down body parts.
>>
>>10763049
You can't really super dress them down since they're exposed, but you can probably play around with the subtleties of the armhole and the angle of the blue/white around that area to draw the eye "in", making the shoulder look smaller. I suggest you also try and create balance with more curves - boobs and a "female" waist shape and let the baggy pants help create the suggestion of hips/butt although you may want to pad anyway since they sit on the low waist/high hip, which is typically shaped much differently for women.
>>
File: IMG_20220501_215917.jpg (2.05 MB, 2268x3611)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
I'm doing Zero Suit Samus, used a bunch of foam padding to get the feminine shape correct, I have some heels ready too to craft up a bit, but I honestly have no idea what to do about the gun.

Should I just buy a nerf gun and paint it? Should I try to ask someone to 3D print it or something?

I'm trying to keep my gun budget in the 20-30 dollar range so I doubt I can just buy a replica gun someone is selling.
>>
>>10763437
Your ass is too bony, that's tbe most important part. You need your pads to be bigger. Bare minimum from hip to knee.
Idk your shoulder width, but it also looks like you need bigger tit pads. Just a bit, though, to shift focus from your shoulders
>>
How to straighten a pretty kong (almost all the way from my head to my ass) wig? How long should i wash it? How should i comb it? Should i use a comb with large bristles or smaller ones?
>>
File: IMG_20220518_045335.jpg (605 KB, 1080x1392)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>10763536
I appreciate the feedback anon! I will try to do you proud.

When it's finished I'll come back with proper pics rather than just 'test' images.
>>
File: 1650357697377.jpg (1.15 MB, 3729x4020)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Do more androgynous characters like Hange count as a crossplay? Or like Miquella, from Elden Ring? I was considering the latter, since I've never done a proper cosplay, and I like him a lot. I feel like the most complicated part would be hair, I'd probably need a wig. I have necklength, fairly voluminous hair that I've been growing out for a bit, would that get in the way of a wig?
I really have no idea what I'm doing desu. I just want to be a little more feminine and I think this would be a decent way to start without feeling super weird about it.
>>
>>10762744
clean your room!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.