[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: download.jpg (56 KB, 230x320)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I think we've all noticed that gyaru is comming back. However it seem to be wokefags who are mainly participating. Even calling it "black face" or cultural appropriation.
>>
>>10739858
It's not "rising", it's dying. Gen z is killing gyaru.
>>
I need a spray tan pronto
>>
>>10739858
Gyaru fashion is mostly just late 90s and early 2000s fashion with the addition of hair and makeup (not so different from Jersey shore) so things that looked gaudy only a few years ago look relevant again. Besides a select few people who will anchor themselves in the community, most will probably also move on once y2k fashion is no longer seen as cute. On the bright side, they are paying ridiculous shipping fees to import from Japan, and if you stick on long enough, you could probably get some nice things when they mass sell off.
>>
>>10739860
Agreed, they literally just slap the label on anything and scream blackface at anyone who tans.
>>
It’s shallow and mostly fueled by a mixture of anime and y2k nostalgia. the western gyaru community has always been really backwards, obsessed with minute trends and minor differences in “substyles”, when true gyaru can’t really exist in the west. the culture, the following immediate and fleeting trends, you can’t do that when you are importing everything on a month long shipping delay, relying on out of season clothing and magazine scams uploaded weeks late.
>>
>>10739895
>the culture, the following immediate and fleeting trends, you can’t do that when you are importing everything on a month long shipping delay, relying on out of season clothing and magazine scams uploaded weeks late.
forgot we still exist in pre-internet times and egg, ageha, etc stopped being online magazines again
>>
majority is ugly and i refuse to take it seriously. himekaji and agejo are the only acceptable styles and even then the big hair is retarded.
>>
File: file.png (967 KB, 930x918)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
>>10739895
>true gyaru can’t really exist in the west
It's called being black. Outrageous, I know.
>>
>>10739943
himekaji isn't gyaru, it's liz lisa shit. and you were thinking of hime-kei anyway which is only vaguely gyaru. i'm so glad i left gyaru to wear romantic princess style.
>>
>>10740030
so my point stands…of gyaru being one of the most retarded jfashion out there
>>
Honestly I personally have been keeping up with gyaru culture on social media, and many non Japanese people are getting into the style (mostly black people which is very interesting).

I think it won’t be a mainstream thing bc of the social correctness of todays western society but it should be stated that bimbofication in general is becoming more popular so it makes sense.
>>
>>10739962
Based
>>
>>10740030
himekaji is a type of gyaru wtf are you talking about
>>
>>10740145
>bimbofication in general is becoming more popular
What a sentence.
>>
>>10740322
no it's not. the western comm has no idea what they're doing. anything with kaji is code for normie.
>>
>>10740337
This. The western community has messed up so much stuff. You can see interviews from 2000s where they explain what is and isn't gyaru and most "substyles" were never gyaru to begin with or just magazine spreads. Gyaru as a term is mostly a magazine marketing tool and many "gyaru" never associated themselves with the term. Even Jesus Diamante isn't a gyaru brand and doesn't consider themselves as such as far as style goes. This information is everywhere, translated on youtube available to learn. People don't even get that gyaru is an evolving style and based on trends and not a static thing like lolita.
>>
>>10740322
does this look like gyaru to you, all you get searching himekaji in japanese will get you outfits like this and westerners thinking its toned down himegyaru.
>>
File: 10090040090.jpg (352 KB, 673x989)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>10740403
all magazine reports on 姫カジ look like that btw
>>
File: 10107024531.jpg (350 KB, 701x972)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>10740404
>>
File: 10107024534.jpg (377 KB, 652x974)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>10740405
>>
Gyaru is just how normie young fashionist Japanese women dress. Western women are already gyaru.
>>
>>10740403
kaji in japanese is code for normie style. not toned down like it is in english. people don't understand wasai-eigo.
>>
>>10739874
Agreed, I think it's just part of the 90s and y2k fashion revival shit
>>
>>10740404
"kaji" is literally an abbrivation for "casual"
>>
>>10744142
I know? The point was that himekaji doesn't have anything to do with gyaru nor looked anything remotely similar.
>>
>>10744142
No, kaji is a wasai-eigo, which means a loan word. It doesn't mean the same as the English word. It has different associations.
>>
>>10739858
>westerners failing to understand, ruining and subverting yet another asian trend
As if mukbangs weren't enough
>>
>>10740145
I can’t tell if people are actually being this obtuse to think black people are becoming more gyaru when gyaru was obviously inspired by 90s/2000s black American styles. black teens, like white ones, are getting into “vintage” aesthetics, so this is the outcome. you don’t even have to be a wokefag to see that
>>
>>10747205
gyaru is more of a mix, actually. it's a lot more "hollywood" than anything else. inspired by white, bleach blonde, tanned bimbos.
>>
>>10747206
I think gyaru is generally American inspired but to some degree and in some areas black people set trends in American pop culture and then that funnels down to white people. B-gyaru is explicitly hip-hop and black culture inspired and then there's the Latino inspired retro ones too.

I think the people who are confused or shocked that black people are getting into gyaru are assuming all black people are woke and easily offended and too fragile to not interpret tanning or dark makeup as blackface, which isn't the case. Some people may find it odd but black people getting into gyaru aren't generally going to be the ones who think Asians having dark skin (which many used to actually tan and naturally be darker) is racist and blackface somehow.
>>
>>10747208
it sucks because when gyaru was booming, gyarusa in japanese accepted black girls readily. black diamond even had black members in music videos. and gyaru music was always r&b/hiphop. let's not forget namie amuro, queen of hip pop. now everything is racist. hell i've even seen black girls accused of asianfishing (as if that's a real thing). sjws really don't understand how anything works and want to force everything into a box.
>>
>>10747209
Asians (usually Asian Americans, let’s be real) being confused that non-asian people are capable of having monolid/almond shaped eyes will always be funny kek
Pic semi related but the fuzzy boot and miniskirt combo is so very nyc but also snooki jersey shore like >>10739874 mentioned

>>10747208
agreed. now a days most of mainstream media is in some flavor inspired by hip hop culture, which desu is weird to see. Everything the Kardashians popularize essentially was done by video vixens or rap girls.
>>
Gyaru can't ever really be an alt fashion in the west because it was based on popular fashion here. The whole point of Japanese gyaru is it went against norms for Japanese women (with darkened skin, scandalous clothing, in your face attitudes) and was a form of counterculture. It embraced "American/western" culture by allowing these women to find a voice and look that gave off a message that they weren't going to follow the rules. Obviously there are always people who get into a subculture because they like the look (especially when the look is such a big part like gyaru), but the point still stands that true gyaru in the west is impossible.
>>
>>10747291
lolno. gyaru became extremely mainstream during the 2010s, which is also when it started being more toned down. people who have your opinion are usually y2k fags.
>>
>>10747293
Not the op your replying to, but mainstream fashion adopting some toned down elements of gyaru fashion is like the equivalent of mainstream fashion being influenced by hippies or goths. It's not the same as being apart of the alternative community. Most people who casually wore liz lisa in the 2010s don't considered themselves gyaru, and most bystanders wouldn't either.

Meanwhile in the US there are women who have for generations done big hair, long nails, heavy makeup, ultra fem sexy looks because it's cultural. It's also normal for rich white people to look to them as the flavor-of-the-moment poor cosplay fashion inspo every few years or so. Y2k revitalization and the early 2000s isn't the only time these trends have come back in. I recall many moments where random things like bamboo gold hoop earring, animal print, heavy eyeshadow, extreme tans, etc came into trend in the last 10 years alone. If you wore these things in japan, you probably would be labeled gyaru, in the US you would probably just look like some chicana wannabe.
>>
>>10747298
if you're not aware how prominent gyaru was in mainstream media in 2010s, then please research. not ganguro or kurogyaru, but gyaru in general was all over everything. gyaru was nothing like lolita like everyone on this board seems to think.
>>
>>10747306
And I'm not stupid and I was also around in 2010. Gyaru fashion was big in media, but it was never a common mainstream fashion in japan. Anyone with a real job or went to school, had to still wear a uniforms majority of the time. A girl who decided to put sparkly gems on her phone cuz she saw a gyaru model do it wasn't considered gyaru. The same way not every teenage boy with frosted tips and a studded belt in the US was a punk.
>>
>>10747313
>i'm not stupid
Good one. Anon is right, you're just being obstinate for no reason at this point. Gyaru hasn't been about being nonconformist for a long long time.
>>
>>10747291
This is so stupid. Hime gyaru, ganguro and agejo will never have a western equivalent. Do you only know one type of gyaru?
>>
>>10747346
peggy was the original hime gyaru
>>
File: img_3162.jpg (147 KB, 584x685)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>10747346
have you ever met an essex girl
>>
>>10747403
or watched jersey shore
>>
>>10747405
>>
>>10747408
anna nicole smith
>>
>>10747403
>>10747405
>>10747408
>>10747409
what does this have to do with anything anon said? these look nothing like the styles she mentioned.
>>
>>10747409
>>10747408
>>10747405
>>10747403
>>10747349
>>10747291
not you again. fuck off.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 151x333)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>10747409
i just feel if people dressed like most gyaru substyles in the west they would mostly get mistaken for trying to reference y2k, 90s, bimbo, latinx, etc looks. The only exception maybe be Kogal and any "substyles" that borrow more heavily from other recognizable j fashions like decora.
>>
>>10747413
Kill yourself. You have no clue what you're talking about, as usual.
>>
>>10747413
>i just feel
your "feeling" is wrong you stupid cunt. stop shitting up these threads with your trash takes.
>>
>>10747413
You're wrong. Back in the day you could get certain gal adjacent pieces in the west but the styling is completely different and the fine details are missing. You're like those Midwesterners that try to say their vintage square dancing dress is lolita
>>
>>10747464
This autist posts this stuff in every gal thread recently. Not sure if they're a troll or just extremely retarded.
>>
File: 1647058477769.jpg (21 KB, 570x538)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>10739858
I think whoever does it, it sucks. The person always looks like a shitty black whore. I'd say it only really works in anime and manga because, well, idealization.
>>
>>10747737
nobody asked.
>>
File: Mermaid Bait Color.png (7 KB, 434x461)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>10747742
>>
>>10740403
>>10740404
terms like himekaji and amerikaji are terms for their own fashion styles, totally separate from gyaru but once worn by gyaru. if you look up himekaji or amerikaji you will get this kind of shit unless you look up the word gyaru with it(all in japanese of course i am just lazy) gyaru isn't a fashion style like lolita with substyles and shit. it's a subculture term.
>>
File: wat.jpg (48 KB, 500x498)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10747413
ues latinx un ironically
>>
>>10747413
As a teen in this era I honestly never realized how disgustingly thin she was in the arms until seeing these photos years later
>>
>>10747783
She did literal coke and is rich enough to get whatever beauty treatments, trainers, and lipo she wants, of course she's able to be extremely thin in the arms. But even if you're not rich all you need is time and work and to not have ever previously been obese and you can get arms as thin as your natural bone structure and muscle mass allows for.
>>
>>10747749
yes, but that's exactly what is the issue with how the terms are used in the west like if they were gyaru-specific substyles
>>
>>10747790
We were well aware of all of that, it more that it was just so normal to see her plastered everywhere at the time that you almost became desensitized to how sick she was.
>>
>>10747815
yes, that's why i'm agreeing? lolitas really fucked up gyaru. i remember a blog from years ago where someone was chiding girls for wearing D.I.A belts that said "sexy" and said that her mom said "if you have to say it, it's not true!" or something retarded and got butthurt that people were calling her prude.
>>
>>10747816
I have arms like that too but I never force myself to go hungry and just eat healthy foods. Lots of other Asian women have arms that size. Hell, to maintain those abs she was probably eating even more than most other slim women her size.

She definitely wasn't a healthy person but I also think you're also just hypersensitized because every Amerifat is a land whale now.
>>
>>10747829
anon, you realize you can get abs by being malnourished and working out a little, right? stop being a retard anachan.
>>
>>10747836
Most actual anachans don't have bulging abs because muscles require more calorie consumption than fat to maintain. Stop being a retarded fattie
>>
>>10747836
Actually the way many people cheat to get more visible abs is being dehydrated while working out a lot. At least that's what bodybuilders or male actors doing topless scenes do. But I assume she wanted good skin and drank a somewhat reasonable amount of water. She was on coke though so who knows she was clearly somewhat unhealthy even if her body itself wasn't an inherently unhealthy body type.
>>
>>10747845
yes, professionals who only temporarily dehydrate themselves. Not a mentally ill person who is constantly restricting their calories to extreme measures.
>>
>>10747856
don't bother. anachans always defend this shit. having visible abs isn't hard when you don't eat anything but cocaine
>>
>>10747857
you're not following this conversation are you? you didn't even respond to a person agreeing with you

I've been extremely underweight for actual medical reasons and no, I didn't have bulging abs. you lose muscle mass because your body eats away at it. stop crying anachan just because you're a bitter fat whale that thinks the entire world is like your obese country. try visiting Asia sometime
>>
>>10747862
not from the US, butthurt anachan.
>>
>>10747828
I think that particular belt was a dreamv/yumetenbo d.i.a ripoff
>>
>>10747864
so just another western whale who thinks anyone human-sized must be anorexic. kek so much better
>>
Holy fuck this thread is just retarded faggots
>>
File: 6164QN2jTeL._AC_.jpg (61 KB, 500x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>10747828
>>10748075
it was by diable baiser
>>
>>10751819
yes, it was this one! ty.
>>
>>10747862
Ah yes the medical reason is mental illness
>>
>>10748114
Wow I can smell your bonespo and thinspo blog from here, tumblrina
>>
>>10751839
>tumblr
get with the times, granny
>>
Some report on the jp gyaru revival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVh0Ts3A99Y
>>
>>10754793
love how everyone says the focus is attitute and makeup, the west always things the clothes are what makes the gal but if you are truly gyaru you can wear anything and still be recognised as one
>>
>>10751819
which was a brand under yumetenbo, anon
>>
>>10755916
which ain't DIA
>>
File: best 3ds game.png (836 KB, 800x800)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
>>10755080
>be gaijin learning about gyaru
>also be poorfag
>get the income capable of supporting hobby
>it's dead
Alas, I can still be a 00's era gyaru in video games at least.
>>
>>10759277
The Style Savvy series is literally the best game series for both gyaru and lolita.
>>
>>10759653
>>10759277
i am really sad the new one will be crap if they ever make it.

also the gyaru trend on tiktok is cancer
>all gyaru is based on black culture!
>gyaru makeup is racist unless you're asian
>gyaru has nothing to do with makeup, it's a fashion style
>western hime gyaru back with bad wigs and zero skills
kill me
>>
>>10759657
desu everything on tiktok is cancer, we would be better off with that site for people with an attention span of a second
>>
>>10759670
definitely true, i just wish they would leave things alone.
>>
>>10759657
gyaru is so much based on black culture that it's fine and not racist at all to make an all black gyarusa (yknow the thing literally TAKEN FROM japanese culture) and block all non black people, i guess. someone end me
>hime gyaru with bad wigs
pics pls
>>10759670
I wish elon musk would buy tik tok too and watch them flee in droves
>>
>>10755934
Which is why i said "d.i.a ripoff"
>>
>>10755934
she means you don't need to specify it's diable baiser, anon. all yumetenbo gyaru subbrands were just based on styling. diable for sexy and deary for cute.
>>
>>10759913
>pics pls
if i must!
also, even if a lot of it was taken from black culture not every style was. does that make it less gyaru? no. even most styles that utilize tans also used blonde hair. acting like tan, blonde white bimbos weren't a thing in the 80s is ridiculous. a lot of stuff was based on valley girl and hollywood trends. you could argue kuro was and b-gyaru definitely was(but it was or is considered racist) but black women in the 80s were not rocking blonde wigs to inspire ganguro.
>>
i miss old school gyaru where the makeup was tan, smokey eyes, a shit ton of mascara, concealer lips and white eyeshadow all around the eyes. Now for some reason the only acceptable look is the perfect 2012 ageha makeup look.
>>
>>10760622
probably because on westerners that just looks like redneck bimbo makeup
>>
>>10760624
I think it works if youre tan and skinny. The problem is most are fatties
>>
>>10760636
only if you're attractive
>>
>>10760636
The problem has always been fatties, there's just more of them these days because in the post LJ/tumblr era, fat acceptance has become a thing.
>>
>>10760796
i hate that fat himegyaru, i forget her name. but she's ugly as hell and wears ill-fitting dresses. you can always see her nasty gut poking out.
>>
File: dee.png (577 KB, 429x608)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>10760622
>>10760624
To me, Westerners look like Dee from Always Sunny with that makeup.
>Now for some reason the only acceptable look is the perfect 2012 ageha makeup look.
But you can do what you want fren there are some gals rocking old school looks in the comm
>>
who tf is this ugly bitch and why does she keep popping up on my feed? thank fuck she's too fat to fit into jd or la pafait.
>>
>>10761131
??? she's fine. she has a lot of la pafait and jd, you can see it in her grwm vids. if you don't like just block
>>
>>10761136
What part of this is fine? Jfc.
>>
>>10761136
then why are you wearing a weeb skater skirt?
>>
>>10761136
This is not gyaru. Period. Lolitas need to stop coming into our fashion when they don't understand it.
>>
>>10761131
For all the confused noobs and zoomers out there, this is not hime gyaru.
How tf does someone like that get 13k followers?
>>
>>10761140
She's friends with a prominent lolita, Lor.
>>
>>10761136
that ogre can't fit into jp free size, let alone a size 42. don't make me laugh.
>>
>>10761144
Calm the fuck down ana-chan, i don't know this bitch but she clearly wears and owns hime dresses
>>
>>10761146
NTA but she doesn't. She's a former lolita and just has some accessories.
>>
>>10761146
>i don't know this bitch
>but i will make assumptions based on nothing!
uuuuh okay? if you don't know her how do you know that?
>>
>>10761149
i follow her on tiktok so no i don't KNOW her idiot but she has a ton of videos clearly wearing la pafait? it's not fucking hard to see if you have functioning eyes?
>>
>>10761150
Are you ESL, that's not what that means at all. She doesn't have any himegyaru stuff. And even if she did, her makeup and styling aren't gyaru. Gyaru isn't like lolita, you can't just throw on a dress and then you're good. She's not himegyaru.
>>
>>10761150
oh, so you have shit taste. bitch has a lot of ugly lolita dresses, but i've yet to see any gyaru. and her outfit in the cap isn't gyaru at all. more like 90s mom during a kawaii fueled midlife crisis.
>>
>>10761152
>>10761153
the debate at hand in >>10761144 was "can this OGRE FIT into jp free size" when the answer is clearly, yes, because there is literal evidence of her wearing la pafait in her videos and photos?? are you retarded??
>>
>>10761154
it's not a debate, stop caping for a pathetic fake gyaru.
>>
>>10761154
Just because you can put something on... doesn't mean it fits. An important life lesson for those of all sizes.
>>
>>10761158
This. Especially since she came from lolita, she's probably used to boob loaf and ill-fitting clothes.
>>
>>10761158
Yes so fat and clearly can't fit into this LP dress. You fucking bone rattlers need to go back to myproana
>>
>>10761163
kek, this is not la pafait.
>>
>>10761164
lmao it actually is you fucking larper
>>
>>10761166
no it's deary, it's a knockoff of a lp design. sorry you're too young to actually known.
brands.
>>
>>10761163
Who cares? This isn't gyaru. You're so pathetic.
>>
>>10761167
picrel dress in the red colorway. you're an actual retard it's hilarious how right you think you are
>>
>>10761170
>she doesn't realize it's a knockoff
poor thing
>>
>>10761172
just keep foaming at the mouth larper, maybe one day you'll be able to own your first brand dress uwu
>>
>>10761131
This definitely isn't gyaru.
>>
>>10761173
Gyaru doesn't even rely strictly on brands. I wish lolitas would leave. LP is $70 max second hand.
>>
>>10761176
Sure they're not as expensive as lolita but hime gyaru brands are 10x harder to find
>>
>>10761179
That's probably unironically my fault. I buy up any himegyaru stuff on fril constantly and my SS is a personal relative so I usually get to it first. My point was more that the brand isn't required for the style, so it's not really a flex to buy, especially if it barely fits and looks nothing like himegyaru with a normie cardigan draped over it.
>>
>>10760808
Danielle?
>>
>>10761163
Her makeup is so bad its very unflattering. Her nude lips make her look like she doesnt have any and the eye makeup is just so unflattering. It looks bad on her western features
>>
>>10761189
yes. bitch out here looking like the dump dinners lady. she's such an awful drama monger too.
>>
>>10761191
the worst part is that it's not even gyaru makeup. it's some kawiwi lolita crap. i hate all these trend hoppers so much.
>>
>>10761191
her smile is so fucking awkward as well
>>10761202
>drama monger
spill?? She's been basically nonexistent in the comm for the past few years
>>
>>10761149
nta but op anon literally wrote about her owning jd and la parfait insisting she is too fat for them
>>
>>10761202
Spill the tea nonny. I do find her a bit annoying.
>>
>>10761202
kek shes gotten fatter as well.
>>
>>10761131
I always thought of her as hime, not necessarily gyaru, tho I know the two sort of blend.
>>
>>10739858
>the west
its taking hold in asia too. gyaru peace is everywhere.
>>
>>10761189
Jfc she's literally got no neck and bitch, FLAT boots when your legs are that short?
>>
>>10761322
she's tagging herself as hime gyaru.
>>
>>10761437
Tell her to stop using it then
>>
>>10761437
Tagging doesn't make it so
>>
>>10761489
yea but if she thinks that's hime gyaru she's an idiot
>>
File: baby gals be like.png (2.84 MB, 1166x1440)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
Sorry for the total autism but I just can't with these baby gals.
>>
>>10764636
I guess they're obsessed with knowing the specific style thanks to gyaru of the day or somethin
>>
Im so over tiktok gals
>>
>>10765658
And thanks to blogs from back in the day when lolitas converted and decided everything had to be neatly filed under substyles with tons of rules. I look at old blogs alot and I'm stunned sometimes at the shit they would invent. I once saw someone saying that you had to wear peplum tops to be onee gyaru. Honey no it was licherally a trend at that time.
>>
>>10766269
fucking this. gyaru isn't a fashion to begin with. there were just fashions associated with gyaru. that's why you can look at labels of fashions that existed before and after the gyaru boom that have nothing to do with it. like amerikaji and himekaji. those aren't gyaru fashions, they were just also worn at the time by gyaru and then subsequently marketed towards them, now that the gyaru trend died out, they're marketing to other groups. brands like liz lisa and princess melody(which was agejo)no longer make anything gyaru related. yet people don't understand that styles and substyles aren't really a thing.
>>
>>10747403
>>10747405
>>10747408
>>10747409
From my understanding was gyaru not very much inspired by these looks and trends? I thought that was the point, that it broke traditional beauty molds by influence of Western fashion and beauty standards?
>>
just saw this on instagram
>>
>>10767234
I mean, she has a point. Posers are fucking annoying no matter where
>>
>>10767293
gatekeeping is essential but the way she props herself up is cringe
>my lifestyle is not your trend
I bet she shuts out girls who do more toned down makeup styles. also there are people who wear gyaru makeup as a trend so cutting off people who don't wear the makeup in an effort to remove posers is rarted
>>
>>10767317
>I bet

so you are literally operating off of a guess.
>>
>>10767293
her make is awful though
>>10767317
please kys back to tiktok
>>
>>10767317
And? If you wear gyaru makeup as a trend then dont consider yourself gal. Gyaru isnt a makeup trend its an attitude too and its about knowledge you retard. Whats so hard about wearing mars and doing shitty makeup without calling yourself gal? Go back to tiktok
>>
>>10761131
Imagine not knowing who lipless chan is.

We lolitas don’t claim her either. She dresses like a forty year old mother of three.
>>
>>10767456
your clown queen claimed her.
>>
>>10767456
People have had this weird hate boner for her for years, it's kind of funny kek. anons will literally seethe at the mention of her
>>
Cheap knock-off of white hot blonde cheerleader. It fails miserably
>>
>>10767894
i 100% agree the whole point of gyaru is to look like a typical slutty american it’s just so fucking stupid i cannot comprehend caring for this style
>>
>>10761185
A pink collar with fur around it is normie now???
>>
>>10747413
> latinx
Wokefag
>>
>>10740369
I always just took the name 'gyaru' to mean 'hot girl fashion' for lack of a better word. I just liked Ageha & Popteen better then what Cosmo or Allure had in it.

Sometimes those magazines had super girly hime stuff, sometimes not.
>>
>>10747291
That's not true. Some things like the long nails & false lashes aren't common place for street wear in Western fashion. (Most here go for a natural look at most if they're not wearing alt styles.) Platform style heels and knee to thigh high socks aren't super common either nor are miniskirts for casual wear. (You see a lot of shorts, but miniskirts are usually club or date wear.) Also, super teased hair isn't really that common. Gyaru is certainly it's own look.

Regarding African American fashion, false lashes, nails, and stuff just happen to be popular in extreme styles like it is in Japan. White people just never much did long nails & false lashes... in any fashion. I don't really like race discussions though reading about fashion, it's not a contest of who did what first.

>>10747256
I love this girl's outfit, but that's not common in the West hence why people stand out when they dress like that irrespective of skin color. Saying all black people dress like that is kind of racist, isn't it? (I wasn't saying you were implying that.) Calling it 'African American fashion' as a whole kind of implies all black people dress like that which simply isn't true.
>>
>>10770111
Where do you live? I cannot find a single girl that doesn't wear fake nails these days and I'm european. I've even seen 13 year olds with extreme long acrylics.

Fake lashes aren't popular here but they absolutely were in the US, every makeup tutorial included them during the 2010s and they still do. I think now they're being replaced with eyelash extensions.

This is not a thing in Japan, doing those things would be going against the norm. But in the west, these things are the norm. I actually feel dirty for not wearing acrylic nails and having stubby natural ones, that's how normalized it's becoming.

Gyaru is it's own look because the hair and make is different from what a western woman would wear but as a counter fashion lolita is actually more subversive than gyaru is because of the cultural context. Our extreme opposites are different from Japan's because our "normie" is completely different from Japan's.
>>
>>10770168
what? where do you live in euroipe? i live in the US and not even close to every woman wears fake nails. i don't think i've ever been in any environment, neither abroad nor domestic where most women wore fake nails because of the sheer maintenance, lack of maneuverability, price, and nail damage involved.
>>
>>10771634
nta but you don't live in the south i take it. or like where trailer trash live.
>>
>>10771634
you must have never lived in an urban area anon, which would make this stuff look out of place for you. that outfit + nails are ridiculously common and have been really in many areas of the US and London for awhile now. most of the girls I went to school with felt underdressed without acrylics or lashes, and i went to a huge urban public school. acrylic nails is an entire culture of its own in some areas. yes i would say it's always been a thing for black girls and latina girls, but now it's a huge trend for gen z girls of all personality types/races. everything >>10770168 is saying is no surprise.

I feel like billie eilish is a perfect example of a girl you would never expect to have 1 inch long acrylics, but it's really normal now for everyone
>>
>>10770168
I'm in Europe too and I rarely see girls with fake nails despite being literally in Berlin, so it's likely more of a regional thing as here it's associated with bimbo trash from rural areas.
>>
>>10771664
No, but I don't see how trailer trash could afford the time and money for maintenance

>>10771675
I literally live downtown in a large city.

Billie eilish is a rich celebrity whose entire appearance is managed by multiple people so she's irrelevant.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you and I think your perception is deeply warped by your small circle of ghetto friends
>>
>>10771686
In most places it's associated with poor trash. Gyaru aren't exactly the pinnacle of class
>>
>>10770168
Fake eyelashes are extremely common in Asian makeup actually. Korea, Japan, etc. Especially in kawaii fashion circles. People don't usually wear a ton of makeup to work or school and prefer natural looks and lower key styles in Asia compared to alt fashion like gyaru, lolita, etc. but falsies are super common and gel extensions and overlays are super popular in Japan and Korea. They're where westerners get all their nail art inspo.
>>
>>10771687
they can't afford it, they do it anyway. small towns in the south often have a cluster of asians running nail salons there because they are so profitable.
>>
>>10771687
what >>10771780 said. not all salons charge much, most people charge and they last weeks.

you can believe what u want but it’s literally fucking everywhere. and no shit she’s a rich celebrity, but her style is usually a bunch of zoomer trends in one. calm down and take your psych meds, you have to be retarded to think gyaru fashion is not ghetto incarnate to the japanese and in general. long nails, bright colors, mini skirts, animal print, and teased hair? yeah, doesn’t get more ratchet then that.
>>
>>10771790
Again, where do you live? Everyone keeps talking about poor white trash and poor minorities wearing fake nails. So I have to assume you're one of those and you don't get out or travel much.

And are you having a stroke? I didn't say gyaru wasn't "ratchet". Who are you even arguing against here?
>>
>>10771794
i’ve lived in san diego, NYC, and london, and yes i see it everywhere. nobody is only talking about poor white trash and minorities, stop race baiting. the argument you made was that it wasn’t “common” when there have been multiple reality shows displaying this aesthetic at this point. if you’re in any youngish spaces, you’d see this shit everywhere. yes, literally not all urban cores or places will have this shit, but it has been a part of maximalist trends in club scenes, night life, and music centers for awhile now.
>>
>>10771799
>i’ve lived in san diego, NYC, and london
literally none of these cities have a majority of women wearing fake nails, not even close. saying you "cannot find a single girl that doesn't wear fake nails" is the most obvious lie I've heard in a while. do you not leave the house?
>>
>>10739858
Gyau are extinct in Japan but dinosaurs are extinct, too, yet boys still like both dinosaurs and gyaru.
>>
>>10771806
jesus christ you’re fucking culturally uninvolved, san diego? nyc??? if you don’t follow any current zines, fashion gurus, or street fashion snaps just admit it. if you live in old people urban centers that’s ok or whatever, i’m a club whore and it’s the most common sight. stick to your animu and gyaru revival without engaging in any real world fashion
>>
>>10771806
even the girl who works at the korean beauty store where i live has extensions.
>>
>>10771885
are you joking? you *genuinely* believe more than 50% of the women in those cities are wearing fake nails? is this some kind of elaborate troll?

https://youtu.be/neu-xWbmGEM

literally just watch this in 4k and look at women's hands retard. also kek at thinking being a club whore makes you culturally involved
>>
>>10771891
literally a different anon said that, but keep sperging
>>
>>10771911
that's the exact point I was arguing against the entire time, you dumb retard. if you don't even believe that then why did you step in to argue?
>>
>>10771938
stop arguing and fuck off.
>>
>>10771938
you said
>Some things like the long nails & false lashes aren't common place for street wear in Western fashion

that's what im arguing. now fuck off
>>
Not saying people can't try gyaru but white gyaru's never look right and I think it's because of their strong facial features, particularly the high and skinny nose bridges
>>
>>10772079
I think with a lot of Asian fashions, when people who are not East Asian or don't have somewhat similar features or skin tones (like some South American people), makeup techniques need adjustment to suit the difference in facial features or skin tone. But people follow everything hardcore by the rulebook and never adjust so it looks fucking weird on them like when someone is too tan for bright white highlight or their nose is already pointed and they add extra contour.

For inspiration on adapting Asian makeup to your own skin or features I reccomend MissDarcei on YouTube. She is Canadian and mostly does Korean techniques on darker skin and black features but I feel like her advice can work in reverse or with tweaks for your own features if you apply some common sense.
>>
>>10772079
You know that's the point of Gyaru right, to imitate foreigners who have the high bridge and skinny nose
>>
>>10772065
Nope didn't.
>>
>>10771820
kogal is the only good looking gyaru style
there, I said it
>>
>>10739895
>the true spirit of gyaru is being a consoomer slave who buys new clothes every week
The Japanese are so noble, how can Westerners ever dream to compare?
>>
>>10777903
>being a consoomer slave who buys new clothes every week
This is the average middle class Japanese consumer of any fashion scene or even normies in general.

Brands release limited collections regularly to stay afloat and those who want them buy out of FOMO
>>
>>10771891
who the fuck said more than 50%? i keep seeing that number, but the argument is common/normal, not predominant.

it's nearly impossible to be able to see nails of everyone in this video, especially in pan view shots, but this is what i got from just a 4 min span of this 30 min clip of who had acrylics.

7:51 red hair lady
9:32 girl looking at her phone.
10:08 girl hooked on the left
11:26 girl in green had french tips

not only that but downtown manhattan *during the day*??? normie and oldie central. everyone is either an older millennial or a gen-x - boomer in this. tik tok and instagram proves the point of everyone culturally relevant wearing acrylics
>>
>>10777932
>tik tok and instagram proves the point of everyone culturally relevant wearing acrylics
so basicly no-one
>>
>>10778108
>>10777932
people don't wear fucking acrylics anymore. it's gel extensions if anything. what year do you retards think it is.
>>
>>10778155
1) the debate is essentially on whether people wear fake nails or not
2) gel extensions are known as a type of fucking acrylic, jesus

stop moving the goal post kek
>>
>>10778186
>a type of fucking acrylic, jesus
Gel is not acrylic. But yes lots of people wear fake nails.
>>
>>10778186
lmao you're retarded
>>
File: unknown-3.jpg (293 KB, 1333x2000)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>10761131
this bitch had a crazed meltdown on the farm. she really looks like this.
>>
>>10761189
She looks like a typical southern girl kek

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.