[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 126 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: MaleCosplay.jpg (602 KB, 1254x675)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
Looking for ideas/inspo on how to look attractive as a male cosplayer. Wanna one up the women who always get attention for being eye candy at these things. Want a female perspective here for scientific purposes; post male cosplay that got you gulls acting dumb if ya catch my drift. Thanks in advance :)
>>
>>10738387
just look like those dudes lol
>>
File: 949161102556680202.png (31 KB, 128x128)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>10738387
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>10738387
If you have to ask, you're never going to be one of those men.
>>
-Hit the gym and actually take it seriously. Go with Mark Rippetoe’s starting strength if you’re a total n00b. In the beginning even if you’re in a deficit you’ll still build newbie muscle by merit of CNS adaptation. It gets a lot harder after that.

-Count your calories. There’s many calculators out there if you’re really trying to min-max but a roughshod amount to get ripped is to take your current weight in pounds and slap another 0 at the end of it to get what you should be intaking daily to lean out. A gram of protein per pound of body weight is another good general amount to be getting.

-Shower, and have a basic knowledge of grooming and personal hygiene.

-Don’t be completely fucking autistic when it comes to socialization. If you look good people are far more likely to put up with your shenanigans but everyone has a limit.

-If impatient/lazy look into using steroids or SARMs.
>>
>>10738451
>not knowing how to greentext
Your newfaggotry is showing
>>
>>10738410
>>10738446
>>10738451
ok so get /fit/, but what else? Does the outfit even matter? Tf do I ever wear?
>>
File: 77iy4b0af2d31.jpg (420 KB, 2048x1536)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>
>>10738387
I like feminine guys, so yeah.
>>
File: 1645552612182.jpg (68 KB, 604x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>10738387
If you think that's what women want I think your target is 13-16 year old girls and females who haven't mentally matured past 18.
>>
>>10738528
This isn’t the 2000s, no one cares. You’re lucky if this dead website gets 10 unique visitors a day.
>>
>>10738546
It's cosplay, you wear whatever the character you picked wears.
>>
File: 231.jpg (87 KB, 518x710)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
The mist important thing is to gain height
>>
>>10738563
Hence why I said "Post Examples" I literally just looked up 'Male Cosplayers' and took the first image I found basically.
>>
These days the only people who REALLY care for these kinds of cosplays are mostly gay men... And also (mentally) underage females, as >>10738563 said. I doubt you're going to find any good answers here
>>
>>10738758
who are these women hooking up with then at these events cuz those stories seem fairly common on here
>>
I saw this amazing ass aki cosplayer where he was fit as fuck and it really shows under his button up, just inspired me to be just as fit before ANYC 2022
>>
File: 1646426161959.jpg (121 KB, 1024x800)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>10738769
Had a terrible experience with someone who looked like one of those guys. Rock solid abs, confident, but I think the biggest problem is that people like them are used to women who aren't looking to be pleasured. Which is extremely common as some of them just want bragging rights to say "I fucked that guy!"

Seek cosplays that cover your face. Phantom of the Opera is a classical romance because women love mystery. Mostly hidden face and popular are a winning combo.
>>
If you want to look attractive to girls, cosplay someone made for the female gaze. Look at what characters girls like. P.S; it's not shirtless hunks, it's pretty boys.
>>
>>10738848
>If you want to be hot, don't be hot
>>
>>10738848
>it's pretty boys.
hey... I have a chance...
>>
File: smog.png (456 KB, 670x503)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>10738859
As long as you don't look like total shit.

Costhots are easy mode. Killstar goth gear+anime wig of choice is premium content for some people. If you don't want to get stalked by 16 year olds, try quality instead of just going topless or half assing everything.
>>
>>10738872
Ehhhh I'm just going to work out, if how I look after losing some pounds is even 50% of my brothers, I'll be more than fine in just about any cosplay. I've always liked the pretty boy cosplays, time to finally join in
>>
When I was lean and ripped (I did bodyweight/gymnastics training) I got a lot of attention but most thought I was gay. Now I'm chubby and I get I look "powerful" and get hit on a lot more by women. I don't get it. I dress the same and act the same as I did then.
>>
>>10738387
First 3 pics are 90% photoshopped. Any random dude in your university would look like them with that much tampering.
>>
>>10739878
I mean actual muscle/strength tends to look bulkier like deadlifters so it makes sense.
>>
>>10738451
You've given OK advice, but I just want to point out that I know more than you.
>>
File: Booty 3D.png (126 KB, 640x360)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
Unrelated, when i attended a con years ago and i saw one of your typical shirtless ripped/swole goku cosplayers.

Homeboy looked okay in the front, until i passed behind him to witness loads of back acne.
>>
File: 50356732032_b4aa20e411_o.png (1.28 MB, 2000x1420)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>
>>10741110
That's why you don't do steroids.
>>
>>10738387
- lift
- take care of your hygiene
- put an effort in your wig and make up
- do not get involved in drama
there, you can be the perfect male costhot.
>>
>>10738387
honestly depending on the type of girl you want you can get attention as a bishounen character like any of the non-shota Ouran High School Host club boys, or be skinny with light muscle tone and go as someone from Free.
>>
>>10738848
Can confirm. I went as Galo from Promare and I got few attention. Then I went as Zhongli and I even went as far as applying make-up that Zhongli has and it turns out I got a fuck more attention. Then I went as Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening at a smaller con and I got more attention as him than I did as Galo.
>>
>>10738848
Tldr cosplay as shit fujoshis like, not what men think look attractive.
>>
>>10742893
Did you get any pussy though
>>
>>10738848
>>10742937
Examples?
>>
>>10741561
would
>>
>>10742995
Once as Zhongli and made out with one girl at a rave when I was Chrom. To be honest, the girl wasn't even that attractive once she removed her clothes and wig. Cosplay girls are all really smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>10743137
Literally any seinen or homoshow.

Danganronpa/hero academia if youre a pedo.
Tokyo revengers.
Kingdom hearts.
Pre much any modern sports manga is fujoshit.

Certain final fantasy characters(probably only cloud/sephiroth)
>>
>>10738451
I also like to add
>Have some knowledge of certain cologne for the occasion
>Do the AM/PM 10-step Korean skin care routine
>If you wear glasses, find frames that match your face and headshape
>Moisturize your body daily if you plan to go shirtless for the cosplay
>Learn how to style wigs or even your own hair if your hair style matches the character
>Watch your posture
>Learn how to maintain your outfits. Does it need to be drycleaned, ironed, or steamed
>>
>>10738872
This would be 10/10 if the swords handle wasn't flaccid and he had more tin foil on his shirt.
>>
>>10743247
Any advice for making Genshin cosplays? I looked into making Tartaglia back when he first came out but I have no experience, was overwhelmed and didn't do it. Not about to drop hundreds on custom suits and material to make accessories when IDK how to even use them right!
>>
>>10742824
>Ouran High School Host club
It's not 2006 any more anon. Girls that liked that show are in their 30's.
>>
File: file.png (2.56 MB, 1920x1080)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
>>10743279
Unless you are a retailer, your cost of just buying a cosplay will almost always be equal to the cost of making. You will need certain machinery or at least the tools to glue seams together. Nothing will look the way you will want it to look without paying at least $200.

So either have it custom made, or spend out the ass on fabrics and armor pieces. Either way, it will not be cheap unless you want to look cheap.
>>
>>10743282
That's not true I'm 20. Plus many young people who watch anime watch older anime in addition to current ones. Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura are extremely popular and almost everyone watches those at least a bit. I watched Mermaid Melody despite it being kind of old by the time I found it.

Besides it was just an example. Just be the flavor of the month pretty boy. Slim, toned, and tall, instead of ripped. Unless you're going as a Jojo character in which case you need to be very cut and ripped and hype up the homoerotic elements.
>>
>>10743282
there aren't anymore years, anon. people have been watching anime from the 80s n shit now.
>>
>>10743283
>equal
nah, making the cosplay will definitely exceed the cost of purchasing it, especially with genshin since you need to custom print fabrics.
>>
>>10743276
>AM/PM 10-step Korean skin care routine
unironically curious about this, got a nice video or link?
>>
>>10743397
Nta but if you're a dude and want to be super chill about it you can do the 3-step more western method which is just: cleanse, tone, moisturize. Use a good cleanser, use toner, and use some form of moisturizer (oil free or water based if you have oily skin).
>>
>>10743397
>>10743407
there's no korean 10 step anything. even people in korea just use what they need. buy the products you need for your skin type and use them daily.
>>
>>10743247
This is it 100%. Makeup + wigs go a REALLY far way in making them look good. The amount of in cosplay -> out of cosplay comparisons where the former is an 8 and the latter is a 4 is INSANE.
>>
>>10738451
>have a basic knowledge of grooming and personal hygiene.
Elaborate.
>>
>>10743624
shower, shave, brush teeth, wear antiperspirant, wear freshly cleaned clothes.
>>
Is your only goal to get maximum attention from women/get laid? Then you should

>Look into popular series/games and which characters are the most simped in those series. Currently that's gacha games and few popular series like JJK, Jojo, KNY, Chainsaw Man etc.
>Realistically see if you're able to pull the characters off with your body type/face. You don't have to be 1:1 clone, you just need to be able to produce an okay match with makeup or clothes. If you have an average body/face, you're probably good.
>Git gud at makeup and styling wigs.
>Consider a character with a (partial) mask if you're not totally confident with your face.
>Any character with a suit is usually considered hot. Just make sure the suit fits.
>Lifting is not necessary in most cases, a lot of women are into skinny anime boys
>>
>>10743835
>Look into popular series/games and which characters are the most simped in those series.
Make sure you actually like the series because girls want to talk you about the series that you're from and want to judge you based on your interests or hot takes. A lot of them do it as a shit test to see if you're not a poser btw.
>Jojo
If you just want to cosplay to pick up girls, most girls are heavily invested into the Part 5 guys due to their pretty boy aesthetics. Jotaro is the only exception because of his bad boy attitude.
>Git gud at makeup and styling wigs.
This is a huge plus. When I gotten better with makeup and wig styling, people were especially complimenting my wigs. Years ago, I would used to overly apply hair spray on a messy wig and called it "spiky". For makeup, I didn't know until now that applying light foundation and filling in my brows would make a big difference in photos.
>Lifting is not necessary in most cases, a lot of women are into skinny anime boys
That's false, I received more compliments and girls staring at me, approaching me, and even touching me when I was more muscular than I was skinny.

tldr; Like this whole thread is saying, just take care of your looks, lift, eat right, and be genuine of your interests and hobbies.
>>
>>10738387
My dude most girls on here like feminine guys so your looking in the wrong place if you want to get ripped. In my experience as a weight lifter most women enjoy muscles but they are not a replacement for a shitty personality. Looks might get you into the door but personality is what most women find attractive. Also, don't work out to get girls work out for you and to become the best version of yourself. Same thing for cosplay and cons don't go to bag chicks go to have fun and cosplay as something you would enjoy. If you want to smash just go on tinder and put the radius to 1 mile well at the con and you instantly have all the introvert girls who also want to smash at the con and you are no longer the creepy goku without a shirt. But personally I just like being the biggest guy in the room so people can't say shit to me when they find out I like to cosplay and watch girly anime.
>>
>>10743282
>Girls that liked that show are in their 30's

>mature
>into anime
>much less likely to be a drama queen than youngshits
>better for relationships
sounds like a dream desu
>>
>>10744157
They're all probably married with kids and don't go to cons anymore
>>
>>10743149
which one?
>>
>>10738577
there are literally hundreds of thousands of people here daily
>>
>>10744157
>>10744376
And mildly obese/obese
>>
>>10738546
No it does not, just be ottermode and be handsome. there is a local anime convention fb group in my county and there is a dude who just shares his "closet" cosplays that has literally 0 effort put into them gets 150-200 likes, while a ton of other cosplayers maybe get to 30-50. The only reason he gets liked by a ton of girls because he is good looking.
>>
>>10738848
>>10743270
>thin effeminate pretty boys
any suggestions if you have a more masculine face/are barrel chested?
not fat (12% bf), literally just have very wide shoulders and a very robust ribcage
>>
>>10743835
>Lifting is not necessary in most cases
those skinny anime boys are minimally toned
they always, ALWAYS have the physique of a lifter who never bulks
you aren't avoiding those hours in the gym
>>
>>10752209
You don't have to be a pedophilebait seleton, but a masculine face kind of removes most of these.

Is this a beautiful type of masculine like young tom cruise or are we talking dwayne "the rock" johnson level of masculine?
>>
I would kill and/or die for a 9S cosplaying bf.
Genuine question, where the fuck do you find a hot cosplay boyfriend? People joke about gamer gfs being rare but these dudes are unironic unicorns.
>>
>>10752241
Dwayne
the closest I've been called to beautiful/handsome is "rugged" once
>>
>>10752245
I hope you're like 5ft11 or more anon, cause you're stuck with manlier, buffer characters with that facial profile.
>>
>>10752248
damn you reply fast for this board
6'2
got any suggestions? I'm not good at guessing what girls like (God I hope at least)
to my knowledge, most girls near my age don't actually really like very masculine men, until they get older
>>
>>10752242
those guys are ugly as fuck. my bf and i are doing a couples cosplay of 2b/9s. very excited.
>>
>>10752272
I bet your boyfriend is a gamestop employee
>>
>>10752400
kek, no. you just jelly.
>>
File: ECBPzXbWkAA-MBt.jpg (92 KB, 640x960)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>10738387

Can we get some twink/linkbod dudes? Everytime I look at these bois I'm reminded of the roid-rage-exes I've had. Do-not-wanttt
>>
>>10752733
Those guys are on roids to you? They all look natty.
>>
>>10752842
This is the most low IQ shit ive seen in a while.

Unless you're implying they're just using 20 filters on themselves. The right one is the only possible natty.
>>
Well for me personally I utilize my innate shapeshifting powers to transfigure myself into a young boy before going to every con. Its hard to make costumes according to my measurements in shota-form but the results are well worth it
The final step is to strike a pose with one hand on your hip, head tilted (smiling) and pointing with your free hand.
>>
>>10738563
>females who haven't mentally matured past 18
so women? i dont see your point
>>
>>10752733
no because you're body shaming
>>
File: 1650217855448.webm (2.53 MB, 640x1138)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>10738417
Kek disregard this retard unless you want to be built like a fucking ape with a barrel for a torso and toothpick arms, go to /fit/ or youtube beginner body building programs
>>
>>10753054
You are retarded, obviously there are filters and edits applied to the OP images but none of those physiques are "UnObTaInAbLe NaTtY", they're not even really that big, just low bf % with filters/editing to make it look like they have more definition.
>>
>>10738848
>girls want griffith over guts
>>
>>10753054
I can tell you never stepped into a gym before
>>
>>10753054
Those are all very obtainable natty. It should be noted they are also using filters, good lighting (extremely important boys), and almost assuredly some contours (that guy on the left 100% is using some kind of makeup on his muscles) and other tricks to look more muscular, but none of those body types are impossible to acquire without dieting and exercise.
>>
File: 1551692516482.jpg (41 KB, 720x589)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10738563
>your target is 13-16 year old girls and females who haven't mentally matured past 18.
oh nooo thats the last thing I want! haha
>>
File: WomenInTheir30s.jpg (317 KB, 2560x1869)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>10738563
>t.
>>
why are most female weebs fat
>>
>>10757181
Most of them have social anxiety and stay home all day to watch anime while gorging on food as a coping mechanism. They believe they won't get into a relationship or even make any friends so they stopped caring about their looks and hygiene.
>>
>>10757169
>implying this is a bad thing
Lol more money for me
>>
>>10757181
Turns out eatting those “kawaii” sweets like pocky, donuts and boba uwu is bad for the waistline
>>
File: 1646339819902.gif (1.97 MB, 400x332)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>10757296
My favorite thing about people like you is that you remove yourselves from the gene pool
>>
>>10752242
>where the fuck do you find a hot cosplay boyfriend
Probably europe, if you want someone who doesn't look like a goblin without make up.
>>
>>10757181
most americans in general are fat so... it's pretty unavoidable
>>
>>10752242
>>
File: E38dMRAVkAEiENx.jpg (85 KB, 800x800)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I dream of looking like this man. Those pecs are to die for.
>>
>>10757181
most weebs (not just female) are fat because they don't take care of themselves. if they aren't fat, they don't groom themselves (shitty haircut, shitty clothes, bad untreated acne, etc). it's just that girls can at least use makeup when they cosplay, guys never do.
>>
>>10760299
A
>>
>>10757287
Most of them have bfs that enable thme because being a girl is easy mode for relationships
>>
>>10738563
I used to think this was cope, but now that I have put on more muscle & don't try to kill myself looking as lean as possible it really is the truth. Get big arms & shoulders, do legs once a week, basic hygiene, don't be fat - that's about all there is to it if you're trying to attract above-age women!

>>10738848
Whenever I'm looking for female attention, I just cosplay as the Joker. Super damn easy. I'm almost completely covered, but holy shit it gets the attention I'm looking for (crazy & hott women).
>>
>>10748531
Are there though? Even if that’s true, everyone knows /cgl is basically dead in the water.
>>
>>10752242
i've got one and i feel very special
>>
>>10757930
>it's pretty unavoidable
It's really not. Just count your calories and don't be a pig. Getting a super cut body like OP pics is harder obviously but it's still doable. I look pretty decent rn but I still want to get my body fat down lower so I look like that. I've started running to get there.
>>
>>10754954
and I thought Oda was just bsing us when it came to body types in One Piece
>>
>>10744148
Oh damn good idea about the tinder
>>
>>10738528
>Newfag telling someone to use greentext for non-quotes calling someone else a newfag
Jesus, what a world
>>
File: pekopecs.png (769 KB, 1000x999)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
What if I want to cosplay as something to be appealing to other gay men what should I go for.
>>
>>10743622
This. I'm more or less attractive but if I put on a good wig and a bit of makeup, I am literally a 10/10. It's cool but also a bit depressing to know a fake version of me is literal perfection.
>>
File: 1653242946706.gif (261 KB, 200x151)
261 KB
261 KB GIF
>>10765853
Billy herrington
>>
>>10765859
Billy Herrington is goals Anon, main idea I am trying to stick to is being able to carry a bro on my shoulders for at least 5 minutes.
>>
>>10765870
Get a friend to cosplay as van darkholme. Literally carry him on your shoulders.
>>
File: 2e8.jpg_large.jpg (24 KB, 510x382)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>10765871
Ahahah thank you Anon, I will make Billy Proud.

Since we are in this thread, where do you advise male newcomers to go to first to learn about getting into cosplay, makeup etc.
>>
>>10765874
seconding this
ive been watching some korean makeup vids but i still feel lost
>>
>>10765874
>>10765999
I got some liquid concealer and it worked great. Quick and easy, although probably needs to be reapplied every few hours. No idea about anything else though.
>>
>>10743270
Pretty much all these. Yakuza also has a lot of fujo fans & the more popular characters have a fairly wide range of body types
>>
This will be in 2 years.
Next year I will be thin and I will do some pretty boy shit. After that I will be buff and do some buff dude shit.
>>
this thread is inspiring me to pullups rn
>>
>>10766057
based me too
>>
>>10741561
>that facial structure
Is that a transdude?
>>
>>10766049
>After that
Why not do core exercises while you cut? You should maintain your frame instead of just losing all of your fat and muscle and becoming a skelly.
>>
>>10752242
Become the cosplay BF
>>
>>10738387
>tfw not a buff asian dude
it's over
>>
>>10766921
It's okay. Kevin Sorbo wasn't a buff asian dude either.
>>
>>10765857
Stop being a fag and accept it.
>>
I seriously wish I had like a workout group or something so we could all motivate each other
>>
>>10767308
I don't know, I'd rather lift with >>10767319 and not worry about what I look like without makeup on.
>>
File: 1643159087177.jpg (88 KB, 640x640)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
gonna do danganronpa cosplay at next con and try to get a gf wish me luck bros
>>
>>10765853
> something to be appealing to other gay men what should I go for.

Topless Kenshiro
Guts
Ryu
Scar from FMA
Roronoa Zoro
Asuma
>>
>>10738758
>And also (mentally) underage females
That's literally all of them. Do you even lurk? The "women" here are catty and constantly acting like middle school children despite being 18-22 fatluses.
>>
>>10738848
>>10742937
Never listen to what a woman tells you is attractive, especially the mtf's here
>>
>>10743622
>The amount of in cosplay -> out of cosplay comparisons where the former is an 8 and the latter is a 4 is INSANE
Show me two separate examples of this. I guarantee it's obvious that the chick is a 4/5 in cosplay, unless you factor in filters and shop.
>>
>>10743844
>A lot of them do it as a shit test to see if you're not a poser btw.
that's not what a shit test is
/cgl/ is not a good place for game advice kek
>>
>>10753054
dyel? these guys are like 3mos-1yr lifters
>>
>>10752242
With 2b???
>>
>>10742893
>>10742937
Gonna be cosplaying Albedo at the next con I go to, I know Diluc, Kaeya and Zhongli are on top, but I hope he's a popular one
>>
>>10774906
Hate to break your bubble but Albedo isn't really talked about. When it comes to short Genshin dudes, most girls absolutely Xiao with Kazuha as a very a close second. Venti and Bennett are also popular because of meta. If you just love Albedo, then go as him and just have fun.
>>
>>10774908
>most girls absolutely love Xiao*
Fuck, it's 4 AM where I live.
>>
>>10774908
His outfit's one of my favorites of the males, originally was gonna go Zhongli but I didn't want to bake in dark clothing in these hot temps
>>
>>10752242
I posted that I did 9S on the CGL friend finder and came to find out people only talked to me because of that. I believe this post 100%.tdha
>>
Am I allowed to post my body here without getting banned? I want to know if I have what it takes to pull one of these off and if so which one I should go with.
>>
>>10757296
Lmao, tragic and funny, just like the stuff those old racist Greek people used to write down in their funny books
>>
>>10744376
I mean, some of us aren't. but holy fuck do I feel like a pedo when I do go to cons
>>
>>10767388
Which ones from Genshin should I go with that allow for a muscular build
>>
>>10782985
As long it is sfw, I think it's ok
Selfposting generall is allowed here
>>
>>10782144
Are you tje same person, who lost his spagetti when a 2B asked you for a dance?
>>
grey sweatpants Gojo
it's that easy
>>
>>10767319
You in Dallas buddeh?
>>
>>10738387
>wanting to look like an ottrmode DYEL
>>
>>10767369
I'm not betting on your success with such a lame boring character as your main choice.
>>
>>10784949
body dysmorphia: the post
>>
>>10784957
Not him, but would Gundham be more interesting?
>>
>>10785153
Pick something that fujoshis want.
>>
>>10785192
That's not Gundham? Then who? Rantaro maybe?
>>
>>10785219
Were you the person that posted their Saihara cosplay recently? It looked fine, though you should learn how to put on eyeliner at least.
Though it's pretty psychotic to be fishing for a DR girlfriend lol
>>
>>10760748
wait women like booba too?
>>
>>10785681
Nope, I've never posted myself here
>>
What do anons think about this Kars?
>>
It's disappointing there aren't that many decent cosplays for short guys.
All the shorter characters are young/twinks, while anything that's armored ends up with weird proportions when you're short
>>
File: anime-drooling.gif (1.55 MB, 498x278)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
>>10787860
It would have been more based if he had the wings but this will do.
>>
Yo where did you get that pic of me!
>>
>>10738387
Understand that these photos have been severely edited and you will never just walk around looking like this. You will go insane using these men as inspiration.
>>
>>10785681
>Though it's pretty psychotic to be fishing for a DR girlfriend lol
Well of you're actually insane it will be easy to get a danganronpa gf lmao
>>
>>10787860
Skipped leg day
>>
File: file.png (213 KB, 450x600)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>10788080
>All the shorter characters are young/twinks
So unless you're aggressively overweight or 40 years old, you can trim up and do that too?
>while anything that's armored ends up with weird proportions when you're short
There's plenty of Dwarf characters in anime and video games that are short with armor.

Now if your complaint is that you think that you're a manlet at 5'8", either suck it up and do the cosplay you wanted to do anyways, or get over your phobia of women laughing at you for being short and cosplay an actual short character.
>>
>>10789473
Im 4'6" and 374lbs...
>>
>>10774106
2B can never love 9S like best girl can
>>
>>10789477
you joke but in modern day america these numbers aren't as ridiculous/unrealistic as you might think
>>
>>10789468
Safe to assume you've skipped, everyday Anon.
>>
File: mh_kirin10003.jpg (107 KB, 1248x829)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Always wanted to do a Kirin cosplay but with my body I'll just look like a gay pride unicorn, way too skinny
I'll probably have to put on like 20lbs of muscle before I'm comfortable showing that much skin
>>
>>10789480
yes she can, it's like the entire point of the series.
>>
What are some good low effort cosplays for men? Thinking about doing a psycho from borderlands right now since I am somewhat muscular and the mask is cheap. I don't have much time to think it over since I plan on going to the anime magic convention. Never done cosplay before or attended a convention.
>>
>>10790434
The quickest way to look like you put on 20lbs of muscle is to lose 20lbs of fat.
>>
>>10790449
What language did you play the game in?
You missed the point entirely.
You can't love anyone when you're dead and 2B died out of a misplaced sense of duty instead of doing anything to stay with 9S. Her morals were more important to her than 9S, but 2B was more important to 9S than anything.
>>
File: R(20).jpg (907 KB, 1049x829)
907 KB
907 KB JPG
>>10790575
>way too skinny
>lose 20lbs
Yeah, if you wanna look like a hollow
>>
>>10790587
fuck anon I been meaning to finish that game one day thanks for spoiling it guy
>>
>>10738848
Pretty boy = indications of health, good facial structure and dimorphic male features. Elvis Presley had lips and eyelashes that would make a kardashian seethe, every posterboy on girl's bedrooms has thick healthy hair and glowing skin, and the bodyfat and muscles of an active hunter gatherer (not a balding old roidmonkey with lizard skin). Youth and health = attractive, so called prettyboys have both in spades.
>>
File: 1658487361008291.png (131 KB, 288x339)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
Op, you don't seem very socially aware, how handsome are you? If people other than you mother regularly call you handsome or attractive and you get friendly or desiring looks from girls you are.

People don't like it when people don't stay in their lane. Being a cosplayer isn't like being a rock star or highly talented guy where average looks are amplified by star status, the "talent" of a cosplayer is either glueing foam together or being extremely hot/good at frauding being hot.

So if you're not hot and you put yourself out there in skimpy clothes like you are, be prepared to be brutally shot down. The meme about Chad doing odd things and people finding it quirky and interesting, but an ugly guy doing them and being rejected as a autist or freak is very true.

Sorry, its just nature, cope all you want but the same selection of and bias towards healthy, genetically strong individuals occurs in most animal kingdoms (we are the only ones who attempt to give lower attraction males mates by enforcing monogamy and look how Tinder is sweeping that construct away with the top 20% of males getting most of the females)

If you're not hot, you can try to improve what you have, but work on acceptance too. Underneath all the glitter of male-advanced civilisation human life is just as darwinian and uncaring as any other species and now, more than ever in recent civilisational history, women are the arbiters of gene selection by controlling access to breeding.
>>
>>10790738
Actually good looking guy here. Wearing some sort of cosplay, even a shitty aliexpress $50 one, makes it way more likely shy/introverted girls are going to talk to you at a con. If I walk up to a girl at a con in normal clothes she's just going to automatically assume I'm attracted to her and get nervous. Being in cosplay let's girls think maybe you're just being friendly. That said, girls absolutely do not give a shit how much effort you put into your cosplay UNLESS they're ALREADY attracted to you. I've seen guys in extremely elaborate and expensive cosplay get ignored while girls pay attention to me in my shitty cosplay I bought from China because nice face
Just get plastic surgery tho I guess?
>>
>>10790738
It's okay, bro. Wearing masks at cons nowadays gives you a better in. You can hide over 50% of your ugliness.
>>
>>10738387
>Looking for ideas/inspo on how to look attractive as a male cosplayer.
>>>/fit/
>>
>>10790734
Would this classify as “pretty boy”?
>>
>>10791224
No
Big nose, wide face
Looks like a FtM
>>
>>10738848
True
>>
>>10738872
>If you don't want to get stalked by 16 year olds
Bold assumption, very bold
>>
>>10790587
2B literally died to protect 9S. They both would’ve been fucked had she not drawn the machines to her.
>>
>>10791544
>had she not drawn the machines to her
What? She had A2 kill her because she was infected by the logic virus.
>>
>>10791549
lolno
>>
>>10791552
She literally says she's going to a secluded location to avoid having other androids being near so she can't transmit the logic virus to them. Did you even play the game in Japanese?
マジでムカつく
>>
>>10743247
you don't say! who would have thought!
>>
>>10790464
Vaas Montenegro? He's kinda iconic. Red tank top and cargo pants.
>>
>>10790464
Get a basketball jersey
>>
>>10791976
I'm 3'6"
I don't think I'll pull it off
>>
>>10792109
not with that attitude
>>
>>10767369
saihara was my third cosplay and let me tell you, the danganronpa cosplay community is fucking awful. it's mostly underage kids that ship all the straight characters together. i wore saihara once to a con, saw exactly who was at the photoshoot, and swore off from never wearing a DR cosplay again.

which is a shame, because I really like the character designs and the games.
>>
File: 20210710_130815.jpg (3.3 MB, 4032x3024)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>10792133
Nta, but the dangan cosplayers I met seemed pretty cool. Could you go into more detail as to what was wrong with them?
>>
>>10792192
>Looks left

MAN THE HARPOONS
>>
>>10792192
I have never once seen a decent looking dangan cosplayer who wasn't a teenager. Pretty much every non fat non ugly one is a middle class sheltered kid who likes dangan because it's edgy but not actually edgy.
>>
>>
>>10792109
>I'm 3'6"
u a dwarf?
>>
>>10790738
Yes, this has been a known thing for men for a very long time, nothing new. Despite how women shit and seethe about societies "beauty standards" for a man to be found physically attractive by any standard amount of people he has to be ATLEAST an 8/10 face and body wise. Combine that with women having much lower sex drives then men, if you're even an above average guy, you're not going to see much play without a lot of leg work on your part.
There's a reason why men are almost always sought after for what they can do or offer.
>>
File: download (18).jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Its been brought up a few times in this thread how important basic male makeup is for cosplay when you're doing a pretty boy or something that isn't showing off your body. Does anyone have any good place to learn this? I try looking up tutorials on YouTube and it's all for females doing makeup to cosplay male characters. Is there a certain term I should be using?
>>
>>10738546
Pretty much
It’s not the fat sailor moon getting creeped on. You’ll know based on attention and how touchy feely they are
>>
>>10738563
So what are 18/25 into?
>>
>>10794148
Men with big fat wallets
>>
>>10792218
That koga should have masked like Inuyasha, because holy hell. BUTTAFACE
>>
>>10738387
as a 5'6 guy with an ugly face, who is best for me to cosplay?
>>
>>10794224
A stormtrooper
>>
>>10754954
Being latino that dude probably has a 12-15 year old gf.
>>
>>10754954
How do you live with yourself looking like this?
>>
>>10738848
20+ year old girls that say that they want pretty thin boys are usually the controlling, drama-prone type of girls that want a weak effeminate men to order around. (i.e. most girls on 4chan). if you want more normal girls... keep lifting and stay at around 10-15% bodyfat
>>
>>10794243
Watching him eat makes me so fucking angry
>>
>>10794333
>20+ year old girls that say that they want pretty thin boys are usually the controlling, drama-prone type of girls that want a weak effeminate men to order around
m-mommy? Thats fine with me...
>>
how do you know your cosplay is good
>>
>>10794715
Last con I went to I got complimented by like 30-40 girls and 10 guys a day and some gay dudes sexually harassed me so that probably meant I looked okay
How else would you measure things
>>
>>10755019
If you cosplay as Griffith you will unironically get huge amount of attention from girls, especially if you make the full armor set.
>>
>>10755019
Wrong, guts is more popular among women.
Source:the guts body pillows I made sold out before my Griffith ones did.
>>
>>10794772
>guts is more popular among women.
I don't believe that for a second. I don't see women really talking about reading berserk period, and I would imagine the ones that do find Grifith much more attractive than guts even after everything he did. "Local Man too Angry to Die" isn't exactly a popular archetype among women.
>>
>>10794214
So how does this work? Do I just casually approach young tight broads in genshin cosplay who appear to be singly and vulnerable and offer to buy them a figurine at the dealers room in exchange for a beej at my hotel down the marriot? How do I flex my wealth at anime conventions? Im a pretty loaded dude thanks to my professional career but it’s not like I can show them the title to my car or home owners title. Im also older and fatter but I guess the only thing I have going on is I make well over 150k a year for just clicking shit on a computer. I also have a gf but yknow sometimes there are occasional urges to eye-dabble on a kitkat from time to time if you know what I mean, heh.
>>
>>10794803
women love berserk, anon.
>>
File: Diluc.600.3141702.jpg (47 KB, 338x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Why does it seem like there are so few guys who cosplay Genshin compared to all the girls I see? I thought it was the key to getting into parties and getting laid at cons
>>
>>10798585
Most guys are not cute enough for a good genshin cosplay and the few that ARE cute enough are simply too based to do such a boring lame-ass cosplay.

Plus, in general, male cosplayers tend to focus on doing somebody from their favourite anime/game/movie or a character they really like or find cool. The whole "idk who this is, im just cosplaying it because its whats popular right now" is mainly a woman thing (not exclusively, but mainly)
You very rarely get guys who havent watched the source material for the thing they are cosplaying
>>
>>10797141
You have better luck with hookers
>>
>>10798585
they do but they look like shit so you never see pictures of them online. The average male cosplayer won't put effort into makeup or into not being fat. It's a miracle if they bother styling their wig. And with Genshin, the boys are so pretty that the discrepancy between the cosplayers and the characters is jarring. The only good male Genshin cosplayers are gay guys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.