[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 117 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AXseasonCOOFseason.png (3.07 MB, 1239x1600)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
LET’S FUCKING GO edition

Previous thread
>>10705792

Thread theme
https://youtu.be/5MshWum3kMI

129 days to go(?)

>You Preregistered?
>You saving up for the con?
>How’s your AX fund jar doing so far and what’s your budget?
>You got your work PTO approved?
>Any setbacks so far until the con?
>Cosplay Day 0/1/2/3 plans?
>What concerts do you wanna see at AX this year?
>What are your dream guests?
>What’s the first thing you’re doing at AX after going through a two year timeskip?
>>
I doubt AX and any summer con happens because either a contagious and deadlier variant of covid that is immune to current vaccines rapidly spreads or World War III is underway.
>>
File: 1626517313833.webm (112 KB, 744x720)
112 KB
112 KB WEBM
You got 4 months to get back into shape. Better get started.
>>
>You Preregistered?
Fuck the hell yes
>You saving up for the con?
Yeah, waiting for my tax refund to arrive
>How’s your AX fund jar doing so far and what’s your budget?
Reasonably well, will get better when my refund arrives
>You got your work PTO approved?
Should be otherwise I’m bailing my job then and there since it got approved on the previous clock in system I was on
>Any setbacks so far until the con?
Surviving my job for the next 4 months
Only got one since I’m arriving from a family reunion on the east coast, mostly a vacation con for me
>What concerts do you wanna see at AX this year?
Perfume, Hiroyuki Sawano, Liella
>What are your dream guests?
Trash taste bois, Hideaki Anno
>What’s the first thing you’re doing at AX after going through a two year timeskip?
Not sex that’s for sure, not during a pandemic, which sucks since this may be my last AX for a while (job hunting after I get back from AX since my job went to shit)
>>
>>10734741
I know CA is crazy, but we just had the superbowl in LA, I don't think people are going to tolerate events getting shut down anymore after that. If AX is canceled it'll be due to their own financial collapse and not government mandates or the virus.
>>
>>10734753
Do not engage with doomers plz.
>>
Man, last time I went to AX was 2018. I want to go back but I don't trust it until shit is at a "calm" level over on the West Coast.
>>
File: 20220114_090039.jpg (9 KB, 276x204)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Anyone got any advice for parking near JW? I'll probably have to end up paying for valet parking (scammed)
>>
File: game ogre.png (30 KB, 1017x605)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
It's all gone. Thanks for playing.
>>
File: 1645199456143.webm (2.53 MB, 1000x562)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>10735003
>Even the hotels out in Commerce are booked
>>
>>10735032
Why would people book rooms all the way out there when there are cheaper hole-in-the-wall motels a mile away?
>>
>>10735093
There are people paying nightly for what I'm paying for June 30th to July 5th lol
>>
>>10735003
>>
>>10734984
residential parking if you think your car won't get stolen. or take the battery out or some shit. its like a 15-20 min walk but hey it's free. i used to park there and walk daily. it should be fine for a couple days, then move the car to a different spot, then last couple days, then leave. if you are hopping in nightly to go out it might be a pain but eh, free parking is free.
>>
Mask mandates at cons are a deal breaker for me. Not only is it a useless gesture that doesn't stop COVID, it makes the con experience highly impersonal and ruins all cosplay.

It's not like AX is even a good con anyway. It's just big.
>>
File: 1645119664971.png (218 KB, 459x452)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>10735196
>It's not like AX is even a good con anyway
That’s a spicy hot take
>>
>>10735196
Dude, it’s a bucket list con at best. You have to go to AX once, at least before you die
>>
>>10735196
Besides why pay over 140 dollars to wear a face covering 14 hours a day?
>>
Just cancelled at the Courtyard. Should be an opening there soon if not now.
>>
>>10735196
Expect mask mandates to be back around May/June when whatever variant shows up and cases start going up again.
>>
>>10734741
>World War III is underway.
>Gas and airfare prices going up thanks to Biden having us rely on Russian and Arab oil while Putin destroys Ukraine
>Majority of con budget will be spent just going to and from LA
Thanks Bradon.
>>
>>10734739
Have one cosplay planned, gonna try to make it look really good, but its also gonna be a pain to walk around in so I have been toying with the idea of making two cosplays. The big one and one that's a bit easier to wear. But I also feel like it would be a waste to spend a huge amount of time on a cosplay only to wear it for 2 days and switch to another. Anyone have experience doing multiple cosplays?
>>
How does one "get pussy" during these events?
>>
Why do people go to cons on the other side of the country? Genuinely curious as I've only been to one in my city and considering going to others. I'm assuming it's because people want to:
1) meet with online friends
2) make new friends
3) show off what they're into (cosplaying, art, etc)
4) sex? hookup?
>>
>>10735580
1. Be hot
2. Don't be not hot
3. Alternatively, just be rich

>>10735586
Guests. Why else would you drag your ass across the country? It's not for the generic stuff you get at every con
>>
>>10735580
I have no idea. I'm a master at getting neckbeard friends at these events though.
>>
>>10735580
If you were hot or rich you wouldn't be asking this question
>>
>>10735586
It's all of the above for me, to varying extents. However, what tends to draw me in more than anything is when they're either known for big party scenes or there's some unique draw to the event like with Colossalcon or Holiday Matsuti. A trip to California for me would be over 3000 miles but I'm already guaranteed to drop in for Touhoufest next year, simply because it's a blatant /cgl/ nexus.
>>
>>10735418
>Tfw $8 a gallon by summer
>>
>>10735580
If you’re fat, pray that you’re gay because female chubby chasers are more rare than Porter Robinson releasing shitty music.
>>
AX sucks! Chink flu failed to kill it off.
>>
File: 20220226_132542.jpg (100 KB, 680x680)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Should I get tickets to the butler or maid cafe?
I'm more worried it will be childish & cringe.

I've been to one at a local con & it was very long & terrible. There was not much interaction with maids it was more just sitting with the people who were at my table doing shitty games.
>>
>>10735218
What is the best con then? Genuine question
>>
What hotels would you rank the BEST for AX? Anyone here get a booking for the Ritz-Carlton?

Just wondering for next year. I currently have the Westin Bonaventure
>>
>>10736263
i went in 2017 i think and yeah, thats pretty much all it is.
just in a room with tables and the butlers/maids just hold photo ops with you, hang around and talk and every now and then they go on stage to do some shit.
i had more fun talking shit about the experience with other guests in the room.
>>
>>10736272
best is walking so ritz and jw (courtyard too?). westin is ok but not really walkable when its hot. ok at night.

>>10736268
cons vary per year based on guests. ax has good guests in general for anime fans. sdcc good if you like hollywood and comics but its expensive and a clusterfuck (going for 12 years; not really worth imo but i go because i still can easily). smaller cons can be worth if they have someone you like from japan going. you can never guarantee that a guest will come back so see them while you can.

in other words there's no "best" con.
>>
>>10736272
JW because that’s where all the action is
>>
>>10736268
For guests and premieres: SDCC
For hanging out with friends: whatever is going in your local town
For a happy medium: Fanime
>>
File: 5b0e5028c4de0.png (288 KB, 600x302)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>Russia invaded Ukraine
>China about to launch an offensive to seize Taiwan and Hong Kong
>North Korea about to launch nukes into Japan and US territories in the Pacific
>Let's keep North America's largest anime convention as scheduled when the half the world will be at war.
>>
>>10737248
>SDCC
>not Anime Expo
>>
>>10737276
There’s already a thread for that shit
>>
>>10737596
Anime Expo has barely any real guests and no premieres. SDCC has every new movie and TV trailer in the industry premiered and as well as major celebrities as guests. The only noteworthy thing that AX has is long lines.
>>
>>10738123
SDCC is impossible to get tickets for though
>>
>>10738104
Who cares, if AX gets cancelled this year it is because Biden drafted all the idiot weebs to die fighting in China and Russia.
>>
File: thumbs up akko.jpg (247 KB, 729x585)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>10738185
Well, seeing that doomer posting is always wrong, it would seem you just created world peace and prevented World War III forever. Nice job !
>>
>>10738123
Anime expo is just SDCC but for weebs, the lines are long but reasonable and you can actually get passes for it.
>>
>>10737248
>For hanging out with friends
Where’s ALA?
>>
>>10738185
Fuck off.
>>
Gonna be any discord for this?
>>
Is it true that this could be the last ever AX? I heard that the pandemic fucked over the SPJA's finances and will go on hiatus after the con is over?
>>
You fuckers voted for this. I see many people not going to summer cons because of ridiculous gas prices.
>>
>>10739492
Ride a bike. It's good exercise and you'll save hundreds per month.
>>
>>10739479
Pretty much every con is taking it year by year at this point.
>>
Why won't the SPJA just cancel AX since we're still in a pandemic and everything is going to be super expensive at that time?
>>
>>10739492
Kek nobody voted for Russia to invade Ukraine that was just Putin being a dick. Take one for the team and eat the gas prices. A small price to pay to annoy Russia at this point.
>>
>>10739756
But Putin wouldn't do shit if Trump was still president. He's the only president Putin didn't invade another country when in office. Idiots voted for a weak minded buffoon and this is what we get
>Take one for the team and eat the gas prices
Not everyone can afford to buy an electric car.
>>
>>10739758
>But Putin wouldn't do shit if Trump was still president
KEKEKEKEKEKEK bruh you must be living under a rock

>>10739758
>Not everyone can afford to buy an electric car.
RIP poorfag.
>>
>>10739758
I mean Trump is out here praising Putin, and it's pretty clear that Trump is Putin's bitch, so I guess gas prices wouldn't go up, because Trump would have been too busy licking his asshole to put in any sanctions.

Biden's a lame old fart, but he's handled this unexpectedly well. Putin never anticipated how tough on them the Biden administration would be. No one thought we'd go as far as convincing Euros to agree with us and kick them from SWIFT and overall the US has lead the way in calling for more intense sanctions every step of the way. I'd pay $18 a gallon if it helps even a little bit in dissuading Russia from this crap.
>>
You know what this thread was missing? Political squabbling. (Pic unrelated)
>>
File: 1617754801905.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
What's the kino food experience for AX that doesn't involve explosive diarrhea? Last time I got fucked by some food truck. Definitely not going for those danger dogs either even though they smell great.
>>
I'm planning on going as shirtless Kakashi. What are the odds I'm going to get laid at AX?
>>
>>10739773
-Take shuttle, train or uber to Little Tokyo which is like 2 miles away (train might not be a viable option at the moment though due to construction at the station there)
-Walk a few blocks to The Pantry (gets crowded during typical meal hours because it's a minor tourist attraction but is open 24hrs)
-Go a little further past the Panty and there's a shitload of restaurants all along 7th & 8th street, Fig@7th mall also has a whole food court and a Target if you need any miscellaneous supplies
Seriously just avoid diarrhea dogs at all costs and just look at the area on google maps beforehand, DTLA has a ton of places to eat once you get outside the convention center bubble and you can probably get there and back in the time it would take waiting in line for one of the overpriced AX food trucks.
>>
>>10739789
Honestly unless your willing to do it with a man or a fat woman it's a 0 chance.

Also you're probably fat and ugly so that's an even bigger 0
>>
>>10739839
It's a meme, anon. Every once in a while some turd posts a picture of a shirtless Kakashi cosplayer. Kind of like how we have a panty-related Samus question or Asian-baiting threads every once in a while.
>>
>>10739773
ive eaten almost nothing but danger dogs since AX 2007 and have never got the shits from them. never once eaten at a over priced food truck. danger dogs are great.
the bowling alley forget the name has good food and drinks and is always empty near AX for some reason
>>
>>10739519
>jus ried a biek
its usa. most people work 10+ miles away from where they can afford to live.
>>10739765
>>10739758
both absolute faggots. ukraine isnt part of nato and isnt our ally. idgaf and we shouldnt be sending them money, regardless of old fart or old orange.
>>
>>10740148
Ally or not, if you think that leaving Russia unchecked is better for you in the long run you need to look at previous conflict in Europe. Russia won't be satisfied even if we just let them take all of Ukraine. It always escalates until there are consquences. Toughen up buttercup it's war time.
>>
My first time going to AX and I will be going alone, any tips on how to make friends there?
>>
>>10740289
Meet people online in advance. It's much easier to do than trying to shoot in the dark while spilling your spaghetti. Find someone cool, chat a bit, and ask if they wanna grab a beer when the event is going on. EZ.
Don't try doing this with the opposite sex.
>>
>>10740289
Just enjoy the con by yourself. Most of the people that attend this con are complete self-centered assholes. Not worth meeting and making new friends at AX.
>>
>>10740212
>he thinks russia would get anywhere near binland
they’re getting ducked as it is ukraine WILL lose but it it shouldn’t take this long for them to capture ukraine with this much military spending and dick swinging. watching this makes me think mexican cartels would absolutely mog russia’s military
>>
>>10739773
There's a 7-11 right across the street from the South Hall. The prices will be more expensive than the 7-11 down the street from your place. Stock up on non-perishable food before you leave.
>>
>>10740289
>AX
>make friends
Pick one
>>
>>10740376
>Most of the people that attend this con are complete self-centered assholes.
such as yourself? thats probably why you cant make friends. lol
you seem like the type that thinks that youre better than everyone else so that nobody is worthy enough to be your friend.
>>
>>10740472
>>10740432
>>10740289
You’re better off making friends at ALA. Easier time making ones over there than at AX because you’ll be too busy taking in the sights
>>
do you guys think japanese artists will be there this year or no
>>
>>10740658
artists as in, like having booths at the artists alley, not musical artists
>>
>>10740658
No one from Japan is coming. Japanese government is shutting down and isolating the country from the rest of the world.
>>
>>10740722
I've never heard this outside of specific AX threads, is there any source for this or are you just doomposting?
>>
>>10740726
Japan's actually just started lifting restrictions and Japanese citizens have always been free to come and go into/from the country. It's foreigners trying to go into Japan that are banned/heavily restricted.
>>
>>10740729
So much for the trash taste bois coming to AX
>>
>>10740726
I'm on the staff for AX. At this point, to my knowledge, no Japanese guests have been 100% confirmed. For an event of this size, it's really difficult operate on a maybe. It's not really 100% clear that covid is dead, and it won't be clear until too close to the event to make any last-minute adjustments. That's why AX is prioritizing domestic guests over Japanese this year. I can't say for sure that there will be *none*, but I can say that you can expect to see a lot more domestic/western guests this go around. From what I understand, the goal is to secure as many certain guests as possible, then have a few wish list guests that we hope will ultimately be able to make it, but we can't bet the whole schedule on guests that may be heavily restricted.

>>10740729
Japanese people can freely leave and re-enter, but the quarantine process is extremely demanding, and from what I understand, that's why many Japanese guests have pulled out of international engagements. A few days at a US event means quarantining for 2 weeks and not working/doing appearances elsewhere.
>>
>>10740850
>I'm on the staff for AX
Okay, I’ll bite. To be fair, you announce all the big Japanese guests from at least 2 months to 2 days before con at best.
>>
>>10740850
>but the quarantine process is extremely demanding
oh yeah staying in a free cushy hotel with 3 meals a day delivered to your room. So rough. Also it hasn't been 2 weeks for a long time, most people are getting out after 3-5 days. Keep up, staffer.
>>
>>10741000
not to mention japan opening back up to foreign students and business people. a lack of guests at this point will be up to them being afraid of coming over on a personal level and not so much quarantine
>>
>>10740850
>I'm on the staff for AX.
Go larp somewhere else
>>10741006
>not to mention japan opening back up to foreign students and business people
The problem is that the damage by the government is done and many foreign students who want to study in east Asia are looking at South Korea. Also, many businesses are looking to also move their Asian operations to Korea as well.
>>
>>10741006
>a lack of guests at this point will be up to them being afraid of coming over on a personal level and not so much quarantine
There is still so much time for a new covid variant to cause havoc to the point that no Japanese would want to leave their country.
>>
>>10740849
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>10741015
NTA but I know of at least two staffers who are absolutely on cgl. I do normie event planning and >>10741021 is right. Things can change so quickly that international appearances are pretty limited, especially around countries that are known to be very strict. Even now Japan has limited daily entry.
>>
File: 1647282975806.gif (3.77 MB, 397x328)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
>>10740850
>AX prioritizing domestic guests
>>
>>10740850
>That's why AX is prioritizing domestic guests over Japanese this year.
Can't wait to see the butthurt all over AX's social media when the last local guest is announced the week before con.
>>
File: 1647302852676.jpg (1.03 MB, 1434x1444)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>10740850
>Mfw Premier fags bitch and moan of paying $600 in hopes of that Love Live concert or some other big name Japanese guests only to have to deal with a local guest list similar to ALA
Remember, no refunds.
>>
>>10741747
This is honestly why I let my premier badge lapse and didn't buy again. Thank God they refunded everyone in 2020
>>
>>10740850
>That's why AX is prioritizing domestic guests
>>
>>10742130
>t. salty premierfag
>>
>>10741610
>>10741738
Why is this a surprise to people? AX is going to be a shell of its former self if it happens this year, I don't even think it will be worth the price of a general badge. If you just want to hang out with friends you're better off going to a hotel con than paying 200 bucks to see e-celebs and funimation VAs at AX.
>>
>>10742189
>he doesn’t know that funimation will be phased out via a merge with a formerly known piracy site
>>
>>10742189
I missed out the golden years when it was at Anaheim, now I get to witness its decline and slow death. First E3 and now AX.
>>
>>10742492
E3's problem is that it did not have anything to offer to people who went in person. AX's main thing is having guests and in-person events. AX will only have a sustained decline if covid lasts forever as a mass life-ending threat instead of devolving into a cold you get every year and shrug off.
>>
>>10742181
>forgetting you can cut lines and avoid being in the heat
>forgetting you could be in the JW instead of a shitty AirBnB miles away
>forgetting you can be in the dealers room earlier than everybody else
Other than that, yeah, pretty shit deal.
>>
>>10742613
I went with the general badge for the first time this year. I can see myself definitely missing cutting lines and although I didn't get the JW I have a decent hotel within walking distance anyway. The hour earlier dealer room thing sucks. It's not enough time and the volunteer staff always fuck it up anyway.
>>
>>10742613
>>forgetting you can cut lines and avoid being in the heat
You're still in line
>>forgetting you could be in the JW instead of a shitty AirBnB miles away
Tell that to the Premierfags that got screwed over thanks to AX's email botch that always happens every year.
>>forgetting you can be in the dealers room earlier than everybody else
Not worth it unless you're there for exclusives.
>>
>>10742679
#1 thing in recent years that premier has an advantage over normal badges is that fucking outdoors line. the separate line for industry/press/premier is way faster. security theater is a waste of everyone's time.

fuck security theater.
>>
>>10742875
The security garbage ruined everything, I remember the first year they switched to Eventbrite instead of printing the badges on site and it completely obliterated the badge line and was super efficient.
Then they put those stupid metal detectors and bag check and the 7 hour lines were back because it took each person a full minute to get through the door.
>>
>>10741021
Cue new Covid variant and potential ww3. Tbh I’ll be surprised if they get any foreign guests at this rate.
>>
>>10740212
fuck europe idgaf.
>>
>>10742913
you used to have more entrances too. doors unlocked that you could just pop in. now there are only a few entrances and they all have metal detectors. its fucking stupid. you're not safer at all. giant ass crowds outside mean that anyone wanting to harm people can just attack that. if anything its a bigger target because you can drive a car into it if you wanted.
>>
>>10743262
>giant ass crowds outside mean that anyone wanting to harm people can just attack that.
I’m guessing the key word there is “outside” which means it’s harder to sue LACC if you get shot, security theater doesn’t actually care about your safety, it’s just an ass-covering measure.
>>
>>10740850
What domestic guests?
>>
>>10743294
It's like AM2 all over again.
>>
>>10742913
This year it's gonna be even longer cause in addition they'll be checking vaxpasses
>>
>>10743317
Not even theme parks are doing that anymore.
>>
I know theres nearly no chance of an LL group going this year but to anyone who has attended the last aqours AX lives, how hard was it to a get a ticket?
>>
Discord group? Any other first timers?
>>
>>10743321
Which one?
>>
>>10743395
Universal Studios Hollywood dropped the vax pass and mask requirements the same day LA county ended the ordinance.
>>
>>10743294
Isn't this the same con that was held down the street from AX a few years ago?
>>
>>10743317
on april 1, california is getting rid of the vaccination requirement for "mega events"

>>10743332
if you're just trying to get in the door it was easy. if you wanted vip it took more effort but still doable.
>>
There are people in this thread that still believe covid is real.
>>
>>10743678
>There are people in this thread that still believe covid is real aren’t chatting in the /c(gl)andcelled/ general instead
>>
>>10743678
It's still out there, just because the media is currently sucking Putin's dick doesn't mean it's non-existent.
>>
>>10743736
>"""People""" this brainwashed actually exist
Almost funny, if it weren't so pathetic
>>
>>10743793
please don't post such graphic and disturbing imagery of animals.
>>
>still no word on guests
>not even domestic ones
I mean, a easy sell would be the entire dub cast for Demon Slayer
>>
>>10745347
>>still no word on guests
>>not even domestic ones
>It's only late March
You must be new to this.
>>
>>10745347
Kek
>>
Last chance to be a premier chad
>>
File: 1648127949521.webm (2.73 MB, 1488x888)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
>>10745551
>no Tanjiro
>>
File: 1510794756667.jpg (170 KB, 1000x1002)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>10745551
>got everyone but Tanjiro’s VA
>>
File: 1648065658045.jpg (316 KB, 777x674)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>10743294
>mfw looking at these attendees skipping AX for this
>all 100 of them
>>
>>10743736
This
>>
Is premier fan worth it this year? I've never been to ax and would only care if an LL group or im@s came. Even then I'd be fine with paying for scalped tickets
>>
>>10746222
No. Going to be a lot of domestic guests unless AX can pull a rabbit out of their hats when it comes to Japan. I wouldn't drop $500 for it. Even going to AX in general is a question mark if you're not local. I'm flying cheap and have a friend's place I can crash at. I don't think it'll be much of a destination con this year.

As far as imas and LL go, even if they come here, the only real thing you'd get is the ability to buy tickets to the concert. I don't remember them doing much panelwise the last time they came here.
>>
>>10746409
>unless AX can pull a rabbit out of their hats when it comes to Japan
Getting Japanese guests is AX's top priority considering many are paying huge amounts of money. You think they won't do anything in that department?
>>
>>10746537
No it isnt. )):
>>10740850
>>
>>10746537
Japan being Japan, "can AX do anything?" is a better question. As long as covid is still the boogeyman to Asians, Japanese guests are going to be in short supply. Nevermind how the US is stereotyped as being a covid hellhole where no one gives a damn.
>>
File: 1606078019266.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>10747223
If AX knew they can't get anyone from Japan, they should have scaled the entire con and made badges cheaper than they are now.
>>
>>10747397
Much like rent, they know they can't drop it and raise it back up. Also people are getting suckered in because of expectations. I'm going to be going cheap this year.
>>
>>10747444
I’m sure AX is going to go hard on the guest list but I won’t be surprised if the pandemic is gonna make that an absolute pain in the ass
>>
https://urbanize.city/la/post/convention-center-adjacent-hotel-tower-home-stretch
This entire time I thought they were skyrise condominiums.
>>
First official booth at AX(?)
>>
>>10747777
>Bushiroad
Don't they have their own con to shill out their shitty card games?
>>
File: 1640744062682.png (1.22 MB, 871x867)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>E3 is kill
>AX still going strong
>>
>>10747777
I like school idol festival all stars :)
>>
>>10747929
They do and save some guests for that. Bang Dream concerts were fucking fire in 2019. On the other hand, they bring Love Live to AX.

>>10747930
E3 lost relevance and couldn't bring anything unique to attendees compared to what companies could do online. E3 has had issues for quite a while and is just pretending that the problem is covid related. What AX has going for it is that you can't do a meet and greet online, you can't get an autograph, you can't get the full concert experience, etc. While I love online concerts for enabling me to watch things I normally wouldn't, an in person concert is still my preference.
>>
>>10747930
Opening the thing to the public was a mistake. Plain and simple. But I digress.
>>
>>10747223
I wish no one gave a damn

mask mandates are over yet every faggot in LA still "requires" a useless face diaper.
>>
>>10748070
>being this salty over mask mandates
Just say that you’re super bummed about Politicon has yet to have any dates for 2022.
>>
File: 1584666694092.jpg (196 KB, 996x1620)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Can't wait to see how bad this AX is gonna be
>>
File: Youllgetusedtoit.gif (3.3 MB, 480x452)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB GIF
>>10748094
>>
>>10743736
It exists. It's just not deadly or reason to be concerned. Let alone continue quarantining or putting on your obedience mask.
>>
>>10734739
:kay:
>>
>>10734739
>LA
i'm gonna pass, thanks

FUCK LA and FUCK the """people""" that live there. i'm not giving them a cent. gonna be at momocon for sure though
>>
>>10748151
I agree with fuck L.A, but where else would it be held?
>>
>>10748094
>>10748109
When I learned she started doing porn and OF I was both surprised and not surprised. Like an "oh, took her long enough" reaction
>>
>>10748260
Gotta get that money to pay off that lipo and lip injections somehow
>>
>>10748088
>not being mad at 2 weeks to 2 years of being forced to wear a useless piece of cloth over your gorgeous face
fugly detected
>>
>>10748260
Was this pre-pandemic or pre-hashtagMeToo’d?
>>
>>10748260
How’s her OF? Unless it’s like Nikocado Avocado levels of cringe.
>>
>tfw been going to AX since I was 13
>30 now
It’s nice seeing all these people hyped for it. I really wish it never left Anahiem though I miss cozy small AX.
>>
I really hope the rumor of no guest from Japan is true. It would make for good laughing material on social media.
>>
Gas is already down to $3.65 at my local Walmart.
>>
>>10749674
>Walmart
>Gas
>$3.65
Whatever Florida
>>10749644
They'll get Japanese guests. Just the ones that live in the US and haven't been involved in the anime industry in years.
>>
>>10749667
>>10749693
What if the Japanese guests for AX are all virtual? I was so disappointed when Fanime immediately followed up to their Aoi Yuuki tweet saying that she's actually a virtual guest. It shouldn't be too surprising but still
>>
>>10749693
>Japanese guests only living in America
>the biggest concert AX is gonna get in 2022 is Mari Iijima (Minmay from Macross)
I can imagine all 58 Macross fans who attended AX religiously creaming their pants right now
>>
>>10749723
>Virtual Japanese guest
May as well cancel at this point and save the embarrassment.
>>
>>10749795
Don't forget Yoshiki and Miyavi
>>
>>10749795
>she gets mad and yells at them that she's not just minmei
>>
>>10749885
That would be nice if they did some work for anime to justify their appearance at AX
>>
>>10749674
$3.45 here
>>
File: 1637199829406.png (986 KB, 1100x614)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
>Announce and release exhibit hall list
>It's all artist alley
Kek
>>
>>10750210
Wtf? Someone said they saw all the big name companies will be there, including Hololive. But when I click on the link, it only shows AA.
>>
>>10749963
Both of them have been guests there before
>>
File: floorplan.jpg (254 KB, 2193x658)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>10750212
I think whoever made that exhibit hall news post doesn't really know what an exhibit hall is or he would have brought it up to whoever supplied him with the AA list.

There is an exhibit hall map but it is unknown if it is up to date or even if it's real. Hololive is on it, on the right side
>>
>>10750280
So likely we're getting a Hololive EN panel.
>>
File: rrrrrrrrrrr.png (320 KB, 391x579)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>10750210
Here's the floorplan for the Exhibit Hall OMO
https://ax2022.mapyourshow.com/8_0/floorplan/
>>
>>10750327
>No miHoYo
Isn’t Genshin the big thing right now over anime and vtuber shit?
>>
File: 1649005332435.gif (3.51 MB, 600x386)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB GIF
>>10750327
>FUNimation is still an exhibitor after getting absolutely Thanos’d by the Crunchyroll merger
>>
>>10750327
>the stall that sells amiibo and import vidya isn’t there this year
>>
If you've ever gone to AX for just 1 day, what did you do? How did you cram everything you wanted into one day?
>>
File: ichihime-983.png (99 KB, 240x240)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>10750334
methinks if MHY were coming I think they would be announced for here
https://www.anime-expo.org/explore/entertainment-hall/
>>
File: 1637771876882.png (306 KB, 535x447)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
(You) have less than 3 months to get /fit/
>>
>>10750481
Fuck you, fat ass for life
>>
File: 1492460594076.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>10750481
I'm fucked.
>>
>>10750377
Retro saikou is another vidya stall that does that though isn't it?
>>
https://wegotthiscovered.com/anime/voice-actors-reveal-why-they-wont-be-attending-anime-expo-this-year/

>English voice actors
And nothing of value was lost
>>
Is it worth going all 4 days, or is the last day skippable? Is it a ghost town on July 4?
>>
>>10750611
It’s a lot less busy on the last day, you can sometimes find markdowns in the dealer’s hall though. By early afternoon it starts to become a ghost town and Little Tokyo turns into the unofficial AX after party.
>>
>>10750592
We're still likely not to get anyone from Japan.
>>
Heads up, word on the street is that AX won't be using the MS Theater for any concerts so that leaves out the West Hall Main Events room. Novo is already ruled out since there is already an event scheduled there during AX.
>>
>>10750693
Not even the ones residing in America?
>>
>>10750481
ive given up im going old anyway may as well cosplay fat ugly bastard.
>>
>>10750481
Fucking covid crippled me.
>>
File: e8a.gif (2.41 MB, 390x277)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB GIF
>Any Japanese guest will just have a pre-recorded panel. No concert. No autograph session.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1649806840872.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1080)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
First GOH announced
>>
>>10751489
The trash taste boys are next, I guarantee it.
>>
do you think AX will drop the mask/shot mandate? they've been dropped in LA county
>>
>>10751504
They're all in Japan now though?
>>
>>10751546
shot showings been gone for awhile and last 3 anime cons in LA areaish ive been to didnt enforce masks.
>>
>>10750772
i mean if they're not getting anyone big they won't have anyone worth using the theater on

>>10751546
depends on how things go over the next few months. it'll probably be a mandate on paper but in practice staff won't give a shit about masks minus power tripping grunt volunteers
>>
>>10751580
The podcast is red hot within the anime community now, it would be surprising if they aren’t GOHs this year. Plus, they’re technically Japanese residents so they can leave and come back as they please (hopefully). That and they’re already traveling overseas due to Mrs. Degeneracy and Grant’s wedding
>>
>>10750334
It’s amazing how completely unstoppable Genshin’s popularity is.
>>
>>10734739
I’ve never been to LA before and I don’t do drugs, but I do drink. Could I still enjoy myself there?
>>
>>10751701
LA has bars and restaurants lol. You're not going to an African village.
>>
File: 1638586682743.jpg (315 KB, 1280x720)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>10750334
>>10750470
>>10751697
>Chinese shit at an Japanese anime convention
>>
File: 1648424859087.gif (532 KB, 250x251)
532 KB
532 KB GIF
>>10751546
>thinking AX will drop the mask and vaccine mandate
>>
>>10751766
COPEenhagen and Seethen. I'm gonna fuck a Genshin cosplayer.
>>
File: 1648961842645m.jpg (74 KB, 957x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>10735418
This. Imagine giving enough of a fuck about this hobby when the absolute state of everything is what it is and inflation and gas prices are skyrocketing. Going to AX this will cost you far more than it ever has before and you know they will have fuck all industry guests or music performances, all while making you jump through add meme-flu hoops.

The era of cons as we knew them is over.
>>
>>10751489
>a guest of honor that isn’t announced a week before the con
>>
>>10751489
Dang first guest is honor is of course a hentai artist.
>>
>>10752166
nevermind all that gundam stuff, right?
>>
File: 1649606562398.jpg (490 KB, 1170x892)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>AX coming in 2 months.
>$1k in AX jar
>forgot that I preordered the Steam Deck
>it’s the most expensive one
>>
Their twitter just got hacked and NFT'd lmao
>>
>>10752539
it's been 4 hours and this shit hasn't been fixed yet
>>
>>10752539
>AX still hasn’t done shit about it
It’s a NFT hack, not acquiring a Japanese guest
>>
>>10752539
Slow to resolve shit as usual
>>
>What kind of AX competitor do you want? >Just fuck my shit up.
https://twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/1515030233870528514
>>
>>10752340
>forgot that I preordered the Steam Deck
if youre not getting it until the end of the year, whats the problem?
>>
>>10752667
>Have to rotate to different color zones every 2 hours
Yeah good luck with that.
>>
>>10752667
Imagine paying $200 to $300 just to see a bunch of English voice actors.
>>
File: FQZzVlrVsAYR0ux.png (127 KB, 1395x765)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>10752667
Designated color zones lmao.
>>
Did AX get locked out of their Twitter account?
>>
>>10752754
It was compromised, yes.
>>
>>10752539
>hacking random people will make their audience want to buy your rare deviantarts
lol wtf is this just a bot or something? how common an occurrence is this? i haven't used twatter in over a year.
>>
>>10752667
>people are actually attending this over AX and complain about AX price gouging its customers
>>
>>10752799
It's actually become incredibly common in artist circles. Because a lot of artists gain a large number of followers but aren't as careful in protecting their accounts. Usually the hackers sell it to a crypto bro that deletes all the tweets and wipes the account, then sets it up as his own account and acts like he's gained thousands of followers naturally. It gives them a built in audience and makes them look legitimate. Artists have had bad luck getting accounts back because they tend to target foreign language artists, and it's hard as fuck to get a human person to look at it, so the artists usually have to give up and start over while the crypto shit keeps the account. I'm really curious to see if AX actually gets their account back, since it seems everyone this happens to has been unsuccessful for some reason.
>>
>>10752799
Online scams are meant for gullible and or stupid people. If you've ever seen an obvious scam and blown it off, congrats, you weren't the target. There's a ton of people who will fall for it and fall hard.

The scammers pose as something legitimate to make you trust them and then get you to send them money or buy whatever stupid thing they're selling. All they need is a few suckers to make it worth their while.
>>
>>10752831
Online scam can be hidden well with the validity of being righteous
>>
They may as well start another Twitter account.
>>
lol get fucked AX
>>
>doing fine saving up for Anime Expo
>pic related decimates my AX fund jar
End my shit, pls
>>
Will I be laughed at if I cosplay as a character that has normal anime hair but I don't wear a wig?
>>
>>10753058
No, you'll just be silently judged
>>
They still missed some spots though
>>
>>10752931
What?
>>
I rather have another year of AX Lite since we're still in a global pandemic.
>>
File: 1501195664838.jpg (4 KB, 121x131)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>10753058
rarely does this work unless you have the EXACT same style naturally. If youre gonna dye your hair just shill out for a wig, itll look better anyways.
>>
How long do I have to buy a badge?
>>
>>10750592
Seriously though, why are American VAs for anime such insufferable shitheads?
>>
>>10754350
Until they sell out. I doubt it will sell out based on global circumstances. There's no reason for people to fly to AX so it'll be a shadow of itself this year. The fact that premier badges are still available is telling as to what kind of demand AX is facing this year
>>
File: 44c.jpg (64 KB, 1242x815)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>Military discount for badges is only $20
>Thank you for your service to Israel
>>
>>10754378
I mean it’s either that or hemorrhage profits and die out like other cons that are the bat soup
>>
>>10754378
AX badges don't sell out. The jews who run it pack that place with as much people as they can for maximum profits and microtransactions.
>>
>>10754378
The last 3 or 4 years have been fucking unbearable after they decided to fortify the entrances and do badge and metal detector checks, it legitimately takes 4 hours to enter exhibit hall on Day 1.

There's just too many people now, anything to lessen the crowds will be a good thing.
>>
>>10754881
Takes me 5-10 mins
>>
>>10754921
you either
a) came really early
b) have no bag to check
c) staff/press/industry/premier/etc
>>
>>10754922
If b is that fast, I'm gonna just stick a tote bag in my pocket and go with that option.
>>
>>10754926
There are no bag lines which are faster if only because almost everyone has a bag with them and can't use the no bag line. Came in very handy when I had to hit the bathroom like a motherfucker. Left my stuff with my friends and ran.
>>
>>10754922
None of those. Learn the different entrances.
>>
>>10754940
How are they on Day 1?
>>
>>10754945
Which ones then?
Everyone always says this but they're all riot fenced off except for the entrances to south and west hall, not even mentioning the line to get into the Marriott where they have more stuff separated from the CC.

You're fucked if you buy anything at all and don't use the bag check.
>>
>>10754753
I've always wondered how they can get away with it, they've been claiming just 90k attendees a year since 2015, it feels like a good 50% more than that the very least.
>>
>>10754957
He won't mention it because it doesn't exist. They closed off all the alternate routes you used to be able to take and locked the doors. They specifically want to route you through one of only a few metal detector checkpoints because it is cheaper.
>>
>$158.88 for 4 days
is this even worth if I just want to kick it with friends? holy shit
>>
>>10755006
you can kick it with friends outside the con. if you want to do it inside, pay up. or maybe wait for someone who regrets buying a ticket to unload their badge for cheap right before the con because the lineup is going to suck
>>
Why the fuck did AX decide to do in-person events? Everything was fine during AX-Lite. We should have one more year of AX instead.
>>
>>10755247
probably some contract shit where the SPJA has to hold an event when able to do so. with cases down, they don't have a good excuse
>>
>>10755346
>to hold an event when able to do so.
It's still not a good time to host massive indoor in-person events like this.
>>
>>10755393
People like you will be afraid of COVID for the next ten years. It's time to stop being afraid of the flu.
>>
>>10755393
Shut up and die
>>
>>10755247
>>10755393
>Number of cons I've been to since lockdowns: over 20
>Number of large scale events with no masks: 6
>Number of times I've been in cramped rooms with no space to move at all and no masks: Too many to even try remembering
>Number of WuFlu's I got: 0
>Number of people I hang with at said events who got WuFlu: 0
Would tell you to stay home and keep complaining, but I don't need to ask since that's what you're gonna keeping doing anyway.
>>10755401
>next 10 years
Maybe add another zero (or three) to that
>>
>>10755393
"not a good time" isn't something that civil courts will take as a valid reason to break a contract. cases are down. health mandates have become health suggestions. mega events are no longer banned. vaccines and boosters are widely available. N95 masks are widely available. pfizer even has an anticovid treatment pill if someone does catch it.
>>
>>10755727
reminder mandates were never laws.

this might be the best AX ever
>poorfags wont go because upped price
>woke trannies wont go because afraid of memeflu
Ill enjoy my comfy con
>>
>>10755393
You can continue living in fear at home. The rest of us are ready to move on.
>>
>>10754958
They’ve never claimed that at all, it’s been above 100K since 2016 iirc
>>
>>10755751
nah, it'll be terrible. less people but there won't be shit to see, and that's part of why there will be less people. i guess it'll be cool if you want a throwback to when AX didn't have a lot of good guests.
>>
File: LOLWUTAX.png (76 KB, 1495x607)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>10756443
Attendee volunteer got a badge for one day per 4 hours of work at con. So max 16 hours for 4 badges which you could use for yourself or whoever (they were codes for a badge). Volunteer program is 40+ hours and involves both at con and pre con work
>>
File: 1650873969846.jpg (652 KB, 2778x1224)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>premier passes are still available
>>
File: 1437074428422.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>10757326
>$549
Did people finally draw a line?
>>
>>10757392
It's not the price that's the issue. It's the lack of projected need for it and the lack of opportunity to use it. Signs point to no good guests and less attendees. If this was a "normal" AX year you can be sure it would have sold out.
>>
>>10757326
>>10757392
I just bought one for the impending Love Live concert. Can't wait to secure my front row seats.
>>
>>10757405
>It's the lack of projected need for it and the lack of opportunity to use it. Signs point to no good guests and less attendees.
Source? AX doesn't drop their big name Japanese guests until mid-May. Japan is about to open up to tourist around AX time and things are slowly returning to normal worldwide.
>>
>>10757326
>>10757392
>>10757405
You all must be new at this. Premier badges will sell out as the Japanese guests get announced.
>>
https://book.passkey.com/gt/218395021?gtid=cc06b6b3227696edce760cd635ea0294&mobile=true&dw=428

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
>>10757455
What do you mean?
>>
>>10757463
I’m happy that more rooms are available but it also means that tons of people cancelled their reservations can be seen as a bad sign. Still sucks that JW is fully booked
>>
>>10757455
>JW still sold out
Imagine not being at the JW or Formerly Known As Luxe
>>
>>10757445
Just based on inquiries with industry contacts, Japan guests are still very hesitant on coming to America because muh covid hell hole. Like they'd rather skip America than possibly get downed from work for a couple of weeks to recover. Japan gonna Japan
>>
>>10757465
>>10757450
Any other year, premier and jw would have sold out in a minute. It's a reflection of confidence levels overall for the con this year. I'm going because I have a friend I can crash with so my material outlay is minimal.
>>
>>10757481
Find me a JW room then. I'll wait.
>>
>>10757465
I check for rooms at the Marriott properties and it's stil full. Where did you see that?
>>
File: 1620510793701.gif (766 KB, 1200x703)
766 KB
766 KB GIF
(You) have 2 months to get /fit/
>>
File: 1641441711825.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1040)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>10757799
It's over.
>>
>>10757799
That's a lot of time for AX to cancel when cases go up due to two new Omicron variants that is making cases rise again.
https://fortune.com/2022/04/30/are-ba4-ba5-in-united-states-detected-omicron-covid-stealth-omicron-more-transmissible/?fbclid=IwAR0zwIyETXNNfCKT13qaDw-YuLBUZwjDtbB_s9X3UT9tI9CIRNWfzI1E1Z8
>>
I've never attempted to get autographs before. What does the process entail? Specifically for Trigger. Like is the 4am linecon the only way to get one or is that for a ticket that guarantees you one?
>>
>>10758437
In most cases yes, unless the company has a separate process. Trigger usually turbo signs so they will get through both guaranteed and standby
>>
>>10758437
for TRIGGER? more like 2am. bring camping equipment
>>
Love to give myself brainworms by reading ventposts about "people abusing ada passes"
>>
>>10758486
shit they could just rent a wheelchair and grab a friend with no morals and bam, instant ADA. switch with the friend each day for who pushes who. skip lines, get into dealer hall early, all that jazz.
>>
>>10758498
I meant that I'm wheelchair-less ada (dvt) and it's giving me brainworms that people think I'm faking and therefore are complaining about me
>>
Is she well known at /cgl/?
>>
Where do autograph campers pee
>>
>>10758615
I've literally never heard of her before. Her numbers are a little low for international guests status. 11k insta 8k fb.
>>
>>10758615
What's with all these shitty guest announcements? I know some that are ditching AX for AVOX in Pasadena.
>>
>>10758686
I wouldn't say that losing dub actors is a loss
>>
>>10758686
They save the best announcements for last. However, we probably wont get anything good this year.
>>
File: 1629369295240.webm (718 KB, 640x640)
718 KB
718 KB WEBM
A con gf...please...
>>
>>10752962
Why would you do that?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1651632685274.jpg (125 KB, 1080x1080)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>Another literal who cosplayer
>>
>>10759063
>and it's a guy
AX speed running for worst convention quality drop
>>
>>10758615
>>10759063
>Is that Jihatsu!? OMG gotta get my AX tickets NOW.
Does such a person exist?
>>
>>10758810
Near the end of the month I'm planning on redownloading bumble and being like "yo I need an ax date"

there are a surprising amount of weeb girls on those apps. are they real nerds or fake nerds? my dick doesn't care.
>>
>>10759063
dont cosplayers feel embarrassed to be "guests" like this when no one gives a fuck?
>>
>>10759163
Opposite, they feel thrilled some con invited them. Especially AX of all things. Being a guest is proof they're getting somewhere. And much like a band, in terms of tiering, local->national->international. This is a high point.
>>
>>10759088
>Is that Jihatsu!? OMG gotta get my AX tickets NOW!
AX couldn’t even get the big cosplayers like Alodia. What a shitshow.
>>
>>10758810
If you think trying to get a con GF is hard, try being a gay chubby chaser at an anime convention. It’s absolute hell.
>>
>>10759190
they're cheapingout. there are a million cosplayers out there with higher numbers but they undoubtedly would ask for more money. with literal whos they would be happy just to be listed as a guest.
>>
>>10759205
How in the actual fuck is alodia expensive?
>>
>>10759205
Relax, I’m sure ax can afford d-piddy
>>
>>10759063
Kek
>>
>>10759383
>>
>>10751580
Trash Taste confirmed coming to AX in the last podcast.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.