[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 1280x720j.jpg (370 KB, 1280x720)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
Day 4
Post con blues incoming

>>10715419
Last thread
>>
Post pros and cons of the new location, drama, 2023 plans?
>>
>ask friend if he want to attend ala, nothing to do since college winter break
>day zero, introduced him to all the gull
>hes cool, everyone cool
>into the third day, all he do was get drunk, stay in the room, try to hit on female cosplayers
>last nite walked into him with someone on the bed, naked no clothes, alcohol bottles everywhere
>asked what the fuck happen
>tell me its cool, she cool
>tell thot to get the fuck out
>tell him to get the fuck out
>hes on his way back home
Fucking flyover state, this is the first time this shit happen to me. None of the other gulls are like this. This isn't his first con too
>>
I'm gonna assume a certain fellow handing out "Miku Juice" at his room parties was there. I know for a fact one of his buddies was, cause I saw his Discord ID in the last thread. Didn't make it, since I've never even been close to California. Either way, cheers, fellas. I'll surely bump into you again by pure chance this year, since that's already happened twice.
>>
>>10716398
Hate to tell you this anon but you guys both sound insufferable. Him for fucking someone in the shared hotel room without giving you a heads up, but you for being a cockblock who can't set boundaries ahead of time when you knew your friend was being a slut.
>>
>>10716393
>Post pros and cons of the new location, drama, 2023 plans?

Pros: More food options

Cons: Literally everything else.

An example, having all the table top and e-gaming in the open hall is the same stupid mistake Anime California did before it crashed and died at LBCC (one of their many mistakes).

Normie foot traffic, Expensive hotels, lack of character/franchise variety in the dealers hall (zero manga for sale, and very hard to find vintage goods, if at all. Might have been alleviated by swap meet).
>>
>>10716398
why would you bring a normie to an anime con
>>
>>10716410
I was readdly looking forward to the swapmeet this year for some deals but they chopped it ;_;

Other than that maybe an 8/10?

Better location, more food options, bigger space, ribbon culture improved a lot

I guess my only other gripe is that some of the panels can be screened better. Like some were just cringe and unprofessional (by WEEB standards)
>>
Location is good because it's closer to me and keeps poor's away
>>
File: 1633976588921.jpg (873 KB, 1024x768)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
So how was your first con in two (2) years?
>>
Got a costhot drunk last night and went all the way. This is the best con ever, can't wait til next year
>>
File: tfw.webm (718 KB, 640x640)
718 KB
718 KB WEBM
>tfw you went through the entire con without accidently bumping into a girl, apologizing, immediately hitting it off, and instantly becoming boyfriend and girlfriend right then and there
>>
>>10716443
>NOOOooooOOOooOooo- oh wait, theres always next year!
>>
>>10716398
why was it a problem for him to fucc?
>>
>>10716429
Did you not go to any in 2021?
>>
>>10716418
I cant see how anyone thinks ontario was a better location. this convention center was super nice and I liked going to the beach area.
>>
>>10716417
>Like some were just cringe and unprofessional (by WEEB standards)
Examples?
>>
>>10716443
Ya...yamero...
>>
where are my con pics i want to fap
>>
New Venue pros and cons for me

Pros
>nicer location
>food options
>closer to me than Ontario
>nice views

Cons
>more expensive hotel
>nearby food options aren't exactly cheap
>too many normies around that are visiting Long Beach, doesn't feel like it did in Ontario when the only people that were in Ontario for that weekend in January were people there for the con
>>
File: file.png (279 KB, 788x573)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
Okay bros just took my test and I'm COVID negative. No idea why everybody is so scared lmao
>>
>That female Sephiroth dancer at the +18 dance
Is she a /cgl/ regular? Does she have an ig? Does she even cosplay?
>>
where them sex vids at
>>
>>10716488
>PCR test
You likely have it anon.
>>10716490
She was literally the hottest one of the dancers and had the best moves. She probably took home the most money. My friend even gave her a fresh Benjamin.
>>
>>10716490
>>10716495
Need pics and vids of her now
>>
>>10716496
Fuck, I didn't get it because I was too beta and afraid to spill my spaghetti. I'm sure there are hundreds of other photos and videos out there.
>>
>>10716488
>HIV positive
You horny devil you.
>>
>>10716443
I literally got a girlfriend 3 times by accident at conventions.

Hasn't happened since I became 30, and fat tho
>>
File: frosty the thirst trap.jpg (133 KB, 2197x1463)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>10716492
Better question; Where da "Frosty the Snowman" AMV at?
>>
There were so many store bought genshin impact cosplays it was nauseating
>>
>>10716470
>>10716047
this desu
>>
Not a flattering picture but I think it's funny.
>>
>>10716499
>>10716490
>>10716496
Shes ferrynlefay
Was hard to get the bills into her bra because it was so tight plus the man mades.
>>
>>10716542
>Check her ig
>Her face
Glad we all had to wear masks
>>
I was more into the aerith desu. She was cute as hell and had a nice tummy.
>>
File: 1633482882175.gif (1.99 MB, 1200x957)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
what's the next LA con worth going to?
>>
File: 1579081144505s.jpg (10 KB, 209x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>10716384
what's the post mortem on this? I had a 4 day pass and booked a room at the regency up stairs, but megatron going around made me nervous and I couldn't decide what to cosplay
>>
File: 1622468731540.jpg (288 KB, 1833x2048)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
All Chainsaw Man, Genshin, and Demon Slayer. That's all I saw.
>>
>>10716518
I doubt it could happen anytime after 25+ honestly
Guys age horribly
>>
>>10716563
I'm about to be 31 and look pretty young. People at the con said i look 21-25. Just gotta take care of yourself. For some reason people think it's gay or feminine to care about your appearance and do things such as skincare and dieting. Can't even be into fashion without people think you must be gay.
>>
>>10716552
Wondercon
>>
File: 1635097507264.jpg (66 KB, 702x526)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
is anyone else kinda bad at making con friends? I made acquaintances, if even that, and chatted people up for a few mins with small talk but neither of us ever offer to exchange socials
I actually did it myself a couple of times and every time they said they didn't have any, which is just a polite way of saying no, honestly kind of hurt.
The only eager person to talk to me was a very forward drunk creep who I had to nearly run from because he REALLY liked my Ryuko.
Idk, I feel like I'm a normal person, but I clearly am not if I can't even make friends at cons lmao. I honestly find it easier to talk to normal people outside of cons, funnily enough.
>>
>>10716572
I managed to get the discord of 2 people at a room party. I been going to cons since 2007 and it's the first time i sorta made friends. I feel like people are intimidated because i am a pretty tall good looking guy and being shy doesn't help. I just look like a brooding conceited asshole.
>>
tell me about your con crush
>>
>>10716572
I did alright despite being outta practice. I'll be your friend, Anon. ;_;
>>
>>10716572
I feel the same way anon. I have no idea how to make friends with strangers if we aren’t in a structured setting (school/work/some kind of group). I’m afraid of annoying people or creeping them out (even tho I’m a girl)
>>
File: 1618418781931.jpg (374 KB, 1440x1590)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>10716572
I lock myself in my hotel room and don't come out until I get past buzzed and bordering on drunk. When I walk through the artist alley I only look at the stuff they have hanging up high, because looking down at the table stuff risks eye contact. I never talk to anyone despite wanting to and I don't ask for pictures because I'm hesitating for some reason.
>>
>>10716603
I'm basically only capable of making friends at cons. I'm charming, affable, can keep up a conversation and have no problem getting contact info. As soon as I'm back in the real world though? Completely useless.
>>
ala was lit and comfy and youre dumb for not going because of the rone
>>
>>10716572
At cons, all I do is stay inside my hotel room until my next hourly photoshoot.

Some roommates I've stayed with find it weird, but being surrounded by strangers makes me feel out of place because I'm rarely ever surrounded by strangers.

Dont even get me started on getting invited to go out for food at cons, I just tense up while I watch complete strangers enjoy their time together.
>>
>>10716532
Thank you for posting cosplay
>>
Did any of you get ribbons?
>>
>>10716572
It felt a little difficult to socialize this year for me. I think the mask thing kind of killed the vibe.
>>
>>10716647
Not really for me, unfortunately, I had to talk louder than normal and my voice might make everyone go crazy that I caught something.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1641793777162.jpg (142 KB, 1080x1918)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>10716628
>youre dumb for not going because of the rone
>>
>>10716647
masks ruined the cosplays imo. they look dumb in photos. you can't even see their faces
>>
>>10716628
>Let's go to an event that will skyrocket cases and force everything to shut down again
>>
Anyone who went to this deserve to get Covid.
>>
>>10716657
>>10716658
Cope and seethe.
>>
>>10716660
Fuck you, enjoy your only con of the year.
>>
>>10716655
For some people with weak lower face, it was an improvement. But I'd still prefer without
>>
>>10716661
Nah, I got more to go to, bubble boy.
>>
File: 94.gif (2.96 MB, 750x651)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>
>>10716652
Tags: Ugly Bastard
>>
>>10716558
kind of weird seeing cosplay of a manga with no anime, no matter how popular the manga is.
>>
>>10716652
>be vaxfag
>know your covid positive
>go to con and give other vaxfags rona
>purebloods blamed somehow
>>
AIGHT drunken mass reply time!

>>10716429
At this point, I'm almost at a con every two (2) WEEKS desu.
>>10716563
It's really not. I'm so incredibly close to con gf right now and I'm also a few months shy of 30, though admittedly I also don't look it.
>>10716572
Sup, fellow Ryuko? But really, if someone says "I don't have social media", I'm either doing a 360 and walking away from them without a word right after or straight up "You don't have to lie to me" because you already lost at that point. They were passive, so why not be aggressive?
>>10716593
It's an ongoing saga and would take FOREVER to explain everything but some got looks, some got personality. She got both to the absolute max. When you drunk text her like I did and say "I'm gonna be in town in 12 hours, wanna hang out?" without warning and she says "Yeah totally let's do it!" then you have the most perfect day together imaginable, I'd say that's more than a win.
>>10716604
I really have to wonder why you would do that, going without even walking around but at the same time, avoiding eye contact in Artist Alley is smart because they WILL use that as their chance to shill and talk you ear off.
>>10716658
Your kind still exists? We're still here, we're still jamming and having fun without you. Kindly fuck yourself.
>>10716661
t. Doomer Coomer. We are here to stay. Your presence is NOT missed and it never will be. Cry some more.
>>
>>10716681
Well it does tell you one thing: when that Chainsaw Man anime drops, that's it for Demon Slayer. It's demoted to #2 for cosplayers.
>>
>>10716682
>that feel when pureblood, and Rona still hasn't landed a hit on me.
>tfw went to con totally unvaxxed, and still fine

To be fair, I did take the rapid test thursday and came out negative. But still, miss me with that MRNA shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeQ5bvU8LRI
>>
>>10716684
to be fair they are the easiest cosplays possible.
>power: take your 02 horns and a blonde wig. wear your clothes from your waitress job
>everyone else: wear your clothing from your waitress job
>>
>>10716704
I had covid a week prior to ALA, tested negative at the con. rona was a mild but annoying flu. also a fellow pureblood aint taking no vaxcernations.
>>
>>10716408
Why post if you didn't attend? Don't bring your stupid con drama to a thread from a coast you are not even on
>>
>>10716552
Anime Impulse is next week out at the Pomona Fairgrounds unless you don't like Chinese normies looking at you all strange.
>>
>Tfw want to do ribbons but I don't have any good ideas on what to print and/or how to distribute them
>>
>>10716708
Next Power (firing on all cylinders for creativity with that name) cosplayer I see, I'm asking her how many times people compliment her "Awesome Zero Two!" But it ain't just the simple costumes. There are loads of folks with good looking chainsaws attached to their head and arms.
>>10716714
Literally who said anything about drama, and why post? 1) Because I know they're around 2) this con brought the entire board to a halt for the weekend 3) it's a free site, I can post where I damn well please 4) plz improve your reading comprehension skills 5) It's neat seeing folks you know in person and identifying them on here successfully 6) if there's any place with drama it's you all because Mr. Miku Juice has told me about it.
>>
>>10716683
You sound cute. I would add you on social media/discord/ whatever.
>>
We need an Anime Impulse discord server going
>>
>>10716716
I don't like going to Impulse because I feel like I'm literally invading a Chinese Festival with Japanese stuff, and also being a Gowlai.
>>
File: 1442422370638s.jpg (7 KB, 240x232)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>10716709
>pureblood

why is /pol/ brainrot here
>>
>>10716824
Some of us were here on /cgl/ before /pol/ existed. Face it, not everyone in your hobby agrees with you. Be an adult and get over it.
>>
>>10716824
>redditfrog
>>
File: 19731982973582.jpg (61 KB, 640x645)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>10716825
>be an adult
>on a chinese underwater finger painting image board for autists who like to dress up as cartoon characters
>>
>>10716824
ive been a tinfoil hatter since before you were born zoomie.
>>
>>10716593
Day 1, giving out ribbons, talking to girl about cosplay.
Could tell she's excited to meet people but fighting being shy and has trouble talking to strangers.
Keep talking to her because we've all probably have been or are there with talking to randos at cons, and im probably one of the only people she'll talk to this weekend.
Saw her again on Saturday, in the main hall. Talked to her again & I got her socials.
She was kinda cute, but now that I type all this, i'm reading this back and thinking more that I was that fucking "nice guy" or grooming my own shut-in creep
>>
>>10716824
If no rules are violated, no one is goin' anywhere. And I say that as someone who never goes to /pol/, with /cgl/ and /mu/ as their main two boards. Also, one of your fellow attendees at this very con is straight up /pol/ (not me). He's in the thread several times too.

>>10716801
I had to do a refresher to even remember all I wrote in that post. You willing to drop your Discord? Let's fuckin do this. Korobka#8415
>>
>>10716822
>Gowlai
I ain't chink, but what does that mean?
>>
>>10717006
Chinese version of saying "Foreigner", like how the Japanese have "Gaijin".
>>
>>10717009
that's not the right word, guailo.
>>
File: 1627926541818.jpg (500 KB, 828x896)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
All these girls in suits got me acting up
>>
>>10716822
Based. Invade the Chinks with japs just like ww2
>>
>>10716661
I did, thanks
>>
I HATE GENSHIT
>>
>>10717020
woops. gomen assy
>>
>>10716558
Why so much chainsaw man? Its not an anime and casuals dont read
>>
File: kazhaphoto.png (891 KB, 1000x1000)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
I got to hang out with Kazha. She gave me a nice big hug and not you anon reading this.
What did you guys think of her music?
>>
>>10717080
I don't listen to jpop/jrock anymore.
>>
con was actually not bad. Masking was strict tho
>>
>>10717080
Man, these folks went far. They were at Holiday Matsuri less than a month ago, but I also only made it into the tail end of their show.
>>
>>10717079
ifk but I wanted every Makima to sit on my face.
>>
>>10717080
Honestly i thought their music was so incredibly generic and low energy. Out of all the groups there TemperMental had the most energy and talent imo. Which is sad because they had 1/10 of the audience. They were actually rocking out hard. I feel like kazha only had an audience that big because they were Japanese. Their music was fucking ass. I left their set early.
>>
weitd
>>
gotta be real, the quality of gulls was def not up to par with prev years of ALA.

its like all the ugly gulls came out to feed while the pretty ones stayed home
>>
>>10717198
That's because most of the trolling and thirst posting scared off anyone with some common sense or was remotely gorgeous. You all did this to yourselves, ALA posts are normally bad, but this year is a new new low.
>>
>>10717204
funny, i thought maybe the highly contagious Omicron variant might've done the scaring off of anyone with common sense . . .
>>
all the stuff about the maid cafe was pretty entertaining tho , someone really did their work
>>
>>10717208
No, that's just cowards like you. We're still out there, living up and we're much off with our own kind
>>
>>10717208
Omicron would scare away pretty people who would love to add hundreds, if not thousands of photos of themselves for future social media marketing.

Surely you jest.....
>>
>>10717209
It was also an unbridled autistic obsession, maybe a former girlfriend?
>>
>>10717216
People who also don't let things that MIGHT be in the air but probably aren't. People who get to meet with others who are clearly more passionate about cons because they refuse to let the man on the TV stop them from having fun.
>>
>>10717217
>>10717209
Whoever it was failed miserably. The arcane maid thing's line was packed everyday.

Only thing that could stop them at this point is a competitor.
>>
>>10717220
bc it takes an hour for each order to finish
>>
>>10717217
>>10717220
kek, can't believe you're still here shilling and trying to play it off like it was some vendetta. the proof spoke for itself dude, even if you get the jannies to delete it
>>
>>10717220
arcane cafe is a scam,
look out for their newest kickstarter scam
$20K into the owner's pockets
>>
File: 1641926277271.png (277 KB, 687x458)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>10717232
Not him but
"hey guys, the owner is an asshole, here's proof!"
Oh that's pretty convincing
"hey guys, the owner is an asshole, here's proof!"
You just posted that not even a scroll wheel up...
"hey guys, the owner is an asshole, here's proof!"
Bro this is getting annoying could you stop?
"SHUT UP DREW!"
>gets spam posts deleted
"REEEEEEE I CAN'T BELIEVE DREW OWNS 4CHAN AND GOT MODS TO DELETE MY POST REEEE"
Can you shut the fuck up? You're acting like a clingy ex...
"SHUDDAP DREW!! I KNOW IT'S YOU!!"
>>
>>10717242
This, if you got a fucking problem with him, how about tell it to the people that matter, the ALA and Anime Impulse execs? They are the ones who pay him and keep his shit scheme alive. If he makes no money off of this, he would fuck off very fast
>>
>>10717234
>>10717232
I am not a shill for that thing. I have no interest in maid cafes.

But the spam bots shitting up our threads annoyed everyone, including me. I get that there is drama, but not once did I see anyone try to approach the actual convention about it, or post about it on ALA's official page. Basically trying to get 4chan to personal army for you instead, so fuck off.
>>
>>10717248
>But the spam bots shitting up our threads annoyed everyone, including me. I get that there is drama, but not once did I see anyone try to approach the actual convention about it, or post about it on ALA's official page. Basically trying to get 4chan to personal army for you instead, so fuck off.
This, I read the ALA group discussion and discord every day because it was damn useful for the con. Not once, not once did I see this kind of posting on there. They never needed to address this in any official capacity at all.

Most of the posts of ALA are thirst posting and doom posting, so no serious ALA representative will even look here. Even our own tripfag Maguma avoids ALA threads because y'all can't stop thinking with your dicks and trolling others.
>>
>>10717248
arcane is a scam...they're in it for the $$$
>>
>>10717249
Arcane cafe use their non-profit status to not pay taxes on donations
>>
>>10717253
anyone selling anything there IS in it for "$$$" stupid ass
>>
>>10717257
but at least those people pay their taxes ... stupid ass
>>
File: 1628190886365.png (210 KB, 361x363)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>10717254
>>10717260
Am I expected to take some kind of moral stance on some weeb garbage maid cafe on the basis of their tax status? Why the fuck should I care even an inklet of a shit about their taxes? I refuse to go to Arcane because maid cafes are held up by the staff, and weebs are extremely bad at fun performances. The food being comically expensive even for a maid cafe and the venue being a goddamn spruced up garage (without even taking the opportunity to turn it into a "delinquent" maid cafe with the atmosphere of a busy city) made me want to vomit. If their taxes were the thing that turned you off, you're legitimately brain damaged.
>>
>>10717264
well, you should care because they're kinda abusing a system that other organizations actually use properly, i.e. Anime Los Angeles.
>>
>>10717264
imagine if the IRS came down on Arcane and then proceeded to audit every other Anime related organization
>>
>>10717266
To be fair, most anime cons are above board for their nonprofit status. Even if they are audited, they should be fine.
>>
>>10717268
it still sucks to be audited though
>>
>>10717268
and endangering volunteers like that?
pretty selfish, imo
what if one of those maids got the covid
that would suck for just volunteering
>>
>>10717198
Gulls have always been ugly as hell. There has always been only a couple of attractive people at the meetups. Also another thing is for some reason this board has an obsession with hosting meetups during main events and gulls would rather attend those than some meetup with unironic neckbeards.
>>
>>10717280
With how petty and vindictive some gulls can be, no way would I attend a 4chan gathering. I rather hang with my regular friends and chill in my hotel room.
>>
>>10717253
>>10717254
I literally don't give a shit. Also, not paying taxes is a virtue. Has the government done anything good with "your" tax dollars in the last 30 years, or did they piss it away in a desert?

In any case, posts like this are the exact thing annoying everyone.

Why aren't you posting this on their real social media, even with a burner account?
>>
nice weather today, wish it was like this at ALA
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 184x274)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
shit was cloudy with a chance of meatballs yo lol
>>
>>10717301
Nah fuck off. LA has hot as weather 90% of the year. If you want hot weather during a con just go to the hundreds of cons during the other time of the year.
>>
you must be from the valley sucka, it's nice here by the beach mate
>>
>>10717284
why you put "your" in quotes? lol
are you implying you don't pay taxes?
>>
>>10717309
I have a very good financial consultant/tax prep.
>>
File: crazy-laugh.gif (156 KB, 220x183)
156 KB
156 KB GIF
>>10717310
scientology approves
>>
>>10717310
>>10717311
kek
>>
>>10717311
speaking of scientology, they're a non-profit and the IRS doesn't hassle them
>>
File: tom-cruise.gif (193 KB, 498x390)
193 KB
193 KB GIF
>>10717315
>>
>>10717310
t. David Miscavage
>>
>>10717311
>>10717315
>>10717316
>>10717319
We've been through this song and dance before, folks. It's kinda why I got here in the first place.
>>
>>10717315
its because they basically stalked and threatened individual irs agents with lawsuits if they didn't grant them tax-exempt status and to clean their $1billion tax bill

all from the HBO doc on scientology
>>
>>10717301
Fuck the sun. Give me cold.
>>
>>10717334
the beach is always better when the suns out
unless you dont like gulls in bikini tops and short shorts anon
>>
>>10717337
I am all for body positivity, big is beautiful.
>>
>>10717337
Good for you buddy. Go to any summer con if you're so obsessed with hot weather at cons that much.
>>
Please don't tell me this is where the direction of the conversation is going, where cons need to only happen in hot weather.

How about something more relevant like your thoughts on ALA or how about the other cons coming up?
>>
File: sunworship.png (962 KB, 522x652)
962 KB
962 KB PNG
>>10717339
>>
>>10717341
good for a covid con, but spent most of it outside
>>
>>10717341
There are literally no other cons worth going to this year.
>>
>>10717356
Anime Impulse next week
>>
>>10717356
anifest in april which Im definitely going to then maybe ronin
>>
>>10717356
anime expo
>>
File: really now.png (96 KB, 400x400)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>10717361
>anime expo

Is that a joke?
>>
File: 1637199829406.png (986 KB, 1100x614)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
>>10717361
Fuck off
>>
Did anyone catch the chimpout at the Renaissance of Friday night? It happened on the 8th floor. It was a room party that turned rowdy. I suddenly hear anger and swearing then suddenly loud bumps and bangs. Luckily hotel security was on the floor and to break up the fight. One dude was bloodied and suddenly police came out and busted the group. The next day I saw house cleaning clean out the room. It seems they got kicked out.
>>
>>10717364
>>10717365
Cope seethe and mald
>>
>>10717140
TemperMental were like 16 right?
>>
>>10717198
No dumb dumb, all the good looking or cool gulls now just meet during discord meets while only newfags go to the general meets.
Discord killed this entire board and meet ups because everyone rather hang out with the gulls they met 5 years ago.
>>
>>10717198
>>10717374
Wait where was the meet up?
I only hung out with the ones on discord. Are we considering the semi private ones meets or only the ones posted on this board?
Also i'm attractive and know like 5 gulls that are qt girls.
>>
Did you orbit anyone this con?
How did it go?
>>
>>10717376
I wish I still had uncontrollable feelings like that, just to feel alive.
>>
>>10717360
will you be buying the $20 omurice at Anifest? lol
>>
>>10717356
>>
File: 1630864877677.jpg (146 KB, 1350x1350)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
what's this qt sloot's name anyway?
>>
>>10717246
anon you're dumb asf, he makes money from the cafe. the MAIDS are the one who make no money because most of them are a bunch of dumb underage girls who don't realize they've been taken advantage of. you think AX execs make no money off the con just cause it's non profit? cause you're wrong about that too
>>
File: 1640744062682.png (1.22 MB, 871x867)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>10717416
>dumb underage girls
>underage
What?
>>
>>10717369
Cope with what? Not standing in 100 degree weather to wait 2 hours in line for a panel that starts 20 minutes late, and ends early, for a GoH just showing a youtube video of his work then peacing out?

Oh yes, I am clearly seething here, buddy.
>>
>>10717416
it's just one big corrupt system.
let's audit the whole damn thing
>>
File: mg9.jpg (22 KB, 366x251)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>10717428
>>
>>10717428
Let's start by auditing the fed first
>>
Did you all get tested for covid when you got home?
>>
>>10717450
Symptoms doesn’t appear for 5-10 days, testing now is stupid and a waste of time and money
>>
>>10717198
>the quality of gulls was def not up to par with prev years of ALA.
How the fuck should I know when literally everyone was wearing face diapers?
>>
File: 1624862627935.jpg (32 KB, 545x362)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>ALA was 5 days ago
>>
>>10717473
2?
>>
>>10716873
nvm i looked you up and you post on r9k as a crossboarder
>>
>>10717491
Literally what does that mean? I'm never on there, not even lurking
>>
>>10717493
your name is literally on the looking for gf general scrote
>>
File: 1637103363261.png (775 KB, 1280x720)
775 KB
775 KB PNG
>>10717473
>The next ALA won't be until 2024
>>
>>10717494
Wow, you were even faster than me. And that makes no sense either, I don't know what "gf general" is. It's fine, anyway, since I have absolutely zero desire to befriend any seething lardass who say "scrote". Thank you, I would tell you to have a horrible day, but I don't have to because it's inevitable.
>>
>>10717494
You got me. Now give me a gull gf.
>>
File: bb7.png (1 MB, 680x975)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>10717497
heres your complimentary popcorn with your gull gf, anon. Enjoy
>>
>>10717496
i was not aware of gf general until i looked up your name on archives, scrote
>>
>>10717501
Ok, hole.
>>
>>10717502
cope, incel
>>
>>10717503
crotch bleeder btfo
>>
>>10717504
beta cuckboi
>>
>>10717504
>crossdresser calling others crotch bleeders
you're just another statistic
>>
>>10717505
>>10717506

hoes mad hoes mad
>>
>>10717507
go back to r9gay
>>
>>10717508
shut up bitch hah! like i have time for you anyway im trying to multitask grinding in genshin impact and watch new attack on titan at the same time ill see you later you fuckin NERD
>>
>>10717509
ty for the free (you)s scrote
>>
File: 1633606818066.png (294 KB, 457x457)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>/cgl/ really not knowing a seagull/robot romance would actually work and be strong
Opposites attr-
>>
>>10717511
we dont want your kind here
>>
>>10717513
Too bad
>>
>>10717514
its crazy how many incels there are
>>
>>10717494
This nigga mixing up dynamic IP addresses
>>
>>10717503
Buzzword, buzzword. 0/10
>>
>>10716443
Pain....
>>
Genshin Impact is the greatest thing to happen to cons. I welcome our Chinese overlords.
>>
>>10717527
Hm, I would have preferred more GFL.
>>
>>10717527
No it isn’t, fuck this chink shit
>>
>>10717575
MY DICK IS DIAMONDS AND I WILL NOT BE STOPPED
>>
>>10717575
don't hate you incel
>>
>>10717511
It's always been /cgl/ and /fa/ as the best power couple.
>>
>>10717511
trade (you) PT for chiaki
>>
So where exactly are these people all buying their Genshin costumes from?
>>
>>10717596
aliexpress
>>
Kill all Genshitters
>>
The worst part about Genshit is there is probably a decent majority who don't even know it's not even from Japan, just because it has anime "style" to it.

I used to know people who legit though Teen Titans and Last Airbender were anime, so it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>10717629
>Chinks steal something from another country (art style)
How predictable.
>>
>>10717629
it's being pushed all over tiktok n shit too.
>>
>>10717629
Last air bender isn’t anime? No way, you kidding me.
>>
>>10717629
and so many people who think rilakkuma and aggretsuko aren't anime baka
>>
>>10716454
Ontario is better for the fact that it's isolated away from normie foot traffic, and feels like a weeb getaway. I don't want AX level foot traffic and attendance. It'll destroy the fan vibe of the convention.

And when that happens, we'll have to abandon it for another convention that takes it's place.
>>
File: 1634267627927.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x1764)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Now I'm motivated again after not going to any cons for 2 years. Time to undo 2 years of bad health habits in under 6 months to get ready for AX.
>>
>>10717677
My plan is to skip all cons until November after going to ALA, and improve my body.
>>
what?
>>
>>10717527

Anime Impulse has pretty cool Genshin guests
>>
File: FIeAdhtVEAAcioy.jpg (68 KB, 450x900)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Anime Impulse Genshin Schedule
>>
>>10717722
Anime Impulse genshin cosplay density is about to make ALA's genshin cosplay look like a joke.
>>
>>10717724
sounds like heaven
>>
>>10717675
The only normies I saw in Long Beach were joggers and Mexican families trying to enjoy the day at Aquarium.
>>
>>10717735
That's fine, they are all future convention attendees. Plant the seed, get them addicted. It always happens when normies get swept into nerd culture.

Look at how many new cosplayers and how many people whose first ALA it was? A lot of people got into anime while being stuck at home.
>>
>>10717735
lb was a pretty based location if you went to AX there back in the day
>>
>>10717737
When you add in all the new pandemic nerds, and a lot of people who stayed away this year because of the pandemic, next year the attendance is gonna explode.

Get your badges people for the next ALA ASAP, you snooze, you lose.
>>
>>10717735
I actually saw a bunch of the randos taking pictures of the con and asking congoers what was going on. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was worried it was going to be despite the whiplash from Ontario (where there were like three humans within several miles of the con center who were not ALA attendees), and it gives me hope that next year it'll be a bit better understood.
>>
>>10717738
>AX
>2007
It sucked
>>
>>10717744
for you
>>
>>10717738
>>10717744
>>10717745
Most of the people who attended considered AX 2007 to be one of the worse Anime Expo's ever. A concert delayed for 5 hours is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>10717747
what concert?
>>
>>10717749
I think it was the Aya Hirano Haruhi Suzumiya concert.
>>
no cute jean cosplayers armpits to lick this con 0/10 genshit this con
>>
I got covid. Did anyone else come back with it?
>>
>>10717785
nothing so far and i partied too
>>
>>10717785
Nope, and I was ulta unsafe as fuck. And unvaxxed.

Still healthy.
>>
>>10717785
Nope. lmao loser
>>
>>10717675
>normies
your one of them normalfaggot.
>>
Worst cosplay you saw?
>>
>>10717744
Foot traffic and gatherings were okay but everything else was a sign of disasters to come.
> Someone stole the laptop for the AMV contest
> Exhibition hall has no cell phone reception at all
> Haruhi cast meetup capped at 50 people without warning
> People getting a heatstroke waiting for Tranformers premiere
> Surly convention staff, worse than the typical AX ones
> Fuckers said they will hold your props only to throw them away when you're not looking
So yeah, no, it wasn't fucking based at all.
>>
>>10717842
All the store-bought genshit, no soul.
>>
>>10717887
the genshin playerbase is predominantly metaslaves. did you expect them to be creative, to have an original idea in their lifetimes?
>>
>>10717928
Note: I said store-bought.

Some cosplayers handmade Genshin cosplay and they were superb. Heck, even those who storebought stuff and added their own flourishes or modified it to fit them better looked way better than someone buying it from a store and calling it a day.
>>
>>10717785
I got it. Started symptoms on Sunday.

Ive been in bed all week being comfy and watching anime. I probably got it in the CWF panel. Totally worth it.
>>
>>10717981
Feel better anon, you got this!
>>
File: FIoU0aKVcAIaDZP.jpg orig.jpg (1.13 MB, 2048x1536)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Genshin: Where's Waldo edition
>>
File: FIoU0aKVIAIyxoH.jpg orig.jpg (1.09 MB, 2048x1536)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>10718105
Why so many low-effort maids? Is this the new flower crown trend?
>>
>>10718105
>>10718106
Everything looks so samey and boring. Genshin is a blight on cosplay.
>>
>>10718107
Lamo none of them even look remotely happy
>>
>>10718118
How can you even tell with that shit on their face? Their body language looks happy and relaxed as any group photo can be
>>
>>10718126
because you can't tell a persons emotions with just their eyes
>>
>>10718155
guess anime is wasting time with eye shots
>>
>>10718105
>>10718106


Can you find:

- Wigless Zhongli
- A cat
- Signora
- Christmas maid (???)
- Someone not wearing a mask
- Hentai mask
- A broom
- Maid Zhongli
- Maid Gorou (x2)
- Raiden Shogun
- Yun Jin (based on shots before in-game release)
- Christmas Hu Tao
- Nezuko-chan
- Ganyu
- Maid Fischl
- Maid Mona
- A fish
>>
>>10718105
Have we come to a point where gachashit is more popular than anime at an anime con?
>>
>>10718198
Last Anime Los Angeles was Fire Emblem con, which is also not anime.
>>
>>10718198
implying that 90% of cosplayers even watch anime
>>
>>10718198
It's funny watching the fads fade into each other in real time.

MHA faded into Kimetsu no Yaiba, which is now competing with Genshit.

The only answer is to just cosplay what you like and ignore trends always. All the best to you if you like something trendy I guess.
>>
>>10718198
The ironic thing is that Genshin impact is more at home at anime impulse since that “con” is run by Chinese people and it’s sister event’s main market is like 97% Chinese’s (asian amaeican wxpo)
>>
File: 1617866340328.jpg (617 KB, 1197x1199)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>10718105
>>10718106
Gods I love Genshin
>>
>>10718105
>>10718106
I request pictures of any Beidous. Saw some but didn't get any.
>>
>>10718234
chinks RUV animes wrong tiem
>>
>>10718351
It’s crazy how many Chinese cosplayers there are and how many Chinese people love Japanese shit (anime, manga, Nintendo, cosplay, fanart).
>>
>>10718252
So glad the CCP censored the designs
>>
>>10717811
based and redpilled
>>
>Saw photos and vids from SacAnime
They were the better con last week.
>>
>>10718234
You had me at Asian and Genshin Impact. Im in. Dick is diamonds
>>
>>10717744
>>10717747
20+ year AX attendee, occasional exhibitor, and former SPJA staff (organizational level, not a con staffer) here. 2007 was an absolute shitshow but it wasn't really the location's fault. It's been a long time so things are a bit hazy but iirc what happened was that a big schism happened in the upper management and a large chunk of the senior staff left between '06 and '07. This led to '07 being organized and run by people who weren't really weren't qualified to run a con of that size being in charge and they fucked it up massively. I wasn't staff during that period, but I joined only a few years later and knew people who were.

Anyway, 2007 sucked and I was actually in that 5 hour line for the Haruhi concert and then had to leave because of obligations for another event that was supposed to start well after the concert had ended. I have really fond memories of '01 and '02 there, though, but to be fair they were also my first years at AX.
>>
>>10718922
shut up cosplayshots guy
>>
>>10718922
>Sit in 4 hour line for delayed AMV contest
>Seating takes 2 hours
>People start throwing paper airplanes out of boredom from the adverts in their bags
>$10,000 Projection Screen gets pierced
>Announcer tells everyone to stop sperging
>They make announcement: AMV staffer forgot disc in Hotel Room.
>Cancel AMV's till tomorrow.

I think everyone's initial; reaction was "We waited this long, mother fucker go get it from your goddamned hotel room and walk back". But I wonder now if that was a cover for some other fuckup.

I forget, was that 2002 or 2007? The announcer going "The Screen has been Pierced" is still a lulzy memory to this day.
>>
>>10720029
If you mean 2007, they didn't forget, their laptop was stolen. You probably aren't since I don't remember paper airplanes.
>Source: Was a finalist.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.