[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Let’s talk about how we budget ourselves for the cons ahead and help each other out in regards to budgeting.

Suggestions and budget lists of your own are welcome.
>>
I don't have an issue with saving up for cons but hopefully this general banking tip helps.
>Have two accounts
>one for bills, one for fun
>have your paycheck auto deposit the amount needed each paycheck for bills
>the rest goes into your fun account
I have most of my bills on auto-draft but I know that's not possible for all types of bills so just don't touch your bill money and try not to spend your fun money too much if at all. Good luck.
>>
Cook your own food. Blows my mind the amount of money some people spend on eating out or delivery. All my meals are $5 or less that I cook at home and all tastes amazing.
>>
>>10714329
Sign up for the marriott/hilton rewards programs since most cons use those hotels so you can get perks like free room upgrades and even free rooms if you build up enough points.
>>
>>10714333
This dude eating beans
>>
If you know a nurse or someone that's able to give injections, donate your eggs. $1k - $5k
>>
I live across the street from a convention center so that saves me a lot of $ on hotels.
>>
>>10714342
Well that was random.
>>
Literally have a single ounce of discipline. I never understand how people manage to get into financial trouble. I afford a pretty decent lifestyle by working part-time at a supermarket whilst I'm in university.

What I've found to be the biggest downfall of people is thinking that "budgeting" is a temporary thing. No. This is like fat people thinking dieting is temporary. Budgeting is forever, it is the basic tenant of fiscal discipline. Cook your own food, stop buying clothes you don't need, don't use afterpay or any other of those services as it just convinces you that you have more money than you actually do. Also get real skills if you actually want to make money in the future. Do a STEM degree or something at least STEM adjacent like Architecture or learn a trade. Something that will set you up in a career where you cannot stagnate in skills and is actually worth something. Philosophy, English, teaching, social science, psychology, law, etc are mostly either bullshit or require such lengthy time investments that it's not worth it.
>>
>>10714338
If you even it out over multiple meals you can eat amazing food for $5. If you were only using the ingredient once, then it'd be hard to avoid beans, but a piece of meat lasts for multiple meals and for each meal you only eat the equivalent of a small amount of money.
>>
>>10714333
Share your recipes, I cant make shit cheaply
>>
>>10714500
cook jasmine rice with salt and butter (don't cheap out on the butter! Good cultured butter is worth the extra price), after its finished, add in turmeric and your choice of sauce (I like teriyaki and sesame sauces). Optionally, add in canned mixed vegetables.

Buy and cook some basic boxed mac and cheese (I prefer Annie's since its vegetarian friendly. kraft mac and cheese is made with animal enzymes). Follow the box instructions and then add in canned spinach and a protein of your choice (I go with fake meat ground crumbles) and some chili spice.

Canned chili beans are very good. Bush's chili beans are my favorite and only $1.30.

A box of pasta usually only costs around $1 and give you 3 servings. pasta sauce jars also give you about 3 serving, so you can get the premium $8 pasta sauces (its worth it) and it would only be $3 per meal.

Premium ingredients at the grocery store usually taste much better than their cheaper counterparts, and still much cheaper than eating out.

>>10714438
Honestly agree. Most people I know who have money issues have issues because of their excessive spending on unnecessary things. Spending money isn't bad, but they should try and focus on investments. Buy things that will last a long time, not things that lose all value very soon after purchasing it.
Though, most people I know that are bad with money simply have a shopping addiction. They are depressed and choose to fill their sadness with purchases. Its a mix between bad money management skills and depression.
>>
>>10714555
this is the poorfag incel diet. anon just needs to learn to cook real food. rice and a whole chicken can feed you you for an entire month if you're smart.
>>
>>10714557
>this is the poorfag incel diet.
what does that even mean
>>
>>10714438
This gull lives.
>>
>>10714438
>Something that will set you up in a career where you cannot stagnate in skills and is actually worth something
Even with all that, folks will still get caught up in lifestyle creep just because they made it to the 65k+ salary mark.

Also, get a slow cooker.
>>
>>10714329
Don't buy shitty funkopops.
>>
>>10714438
This, having financial sense to budget is a lifestyle, not a con crunch moment.

If you're having trouble budgeting for a con and you're not a teen, then take care of your regular life first.

I wish schools would teach banks, interest, and budgeting as a mandatory course.
>>
>>10714500
Slow cook a whole chicken. Debone it, shred meat. Eat over beans and rice. You’ll eat for a week for pennies
>>
I know eating top ramen is mostly a meme, but I genuinely love instant ramen; so, what's your favorite instant ramen, gulls?

I've been on a journey to try as many as I can find and so far I've loved Nongshim's. Their udon and shin ramen black is just delicious. Jin Ramen is also pretty good. I recently picked up Indo Mie's Mi Goreng which I've been hearing a lot about.
>>
>>10714438
I think it also depends on where you live too. There's an engineer in California (surprise surprise) who subsisted on amusement park food because he had year long passes and saved money at the same. It was both retarded and smart at the same time but I find it concerning that an engineer needed to do that in the first place.
>>
>>10714683
amusement park food has never been cheap. it's all about price gouging people who can't easily leave the park to eat
>>
>>10714679
You pretty much named my favorites. I also like the Mama's brand and if I manage to find it, Jiichan's instant yakisoba.
>>
>>10714684
True but that's not what I mean. Here's the link for context:
https://nypost.com/2021/10/27/man-spent-150-yearly-on-six-flags-food-paid-off-student-debt/
Not recommended if you care about proper nutrition.
>>
>>10714333
>All my meals are $5 or less
No thanks ana chan
>>
>>10714687
it feels like it takes forever just to park and get in those fucking places. id hate to have to do that twice a day for a year. thank god im not a poorfag
>>
>>10714689
you underestimate how cheap and calorie dense rice is. you could easily remain fat on a cheap diet if you wanted to
>>
>>10714679
maybe its basic but sapporo ichiban ramen will always be my go-to, i do like nongshim but i dont think im a big fan of spicy ramen, i prefer more milder flavors
>>
>>10714689
Have you seriously never shopped for your own groceries before? A 5-pound sack of potatoes is 4 bucks. Hamburger meat is less than $5 per pound. A loaf of fancy organic whole wheat bread is around 5 bucks, and the stuff you're likely to put on a sandwich is similarly not that expensive. A box of motherfucking mac n cheese is 99 cents. People below the poverty line may struggle with these prices, but $5 a meal is by no means a starvation budget. You're just a loser who never taught herself to so much as boil an egg.
>>
>>10714585
poor incels don't cook they just mash together packaged foods
>>
where could you recommend me a place to get makima's normal suit outfit without using a cosplay site? i'm sure it would be cheaper to get the shirt/pants/jacket on some random clothes site.
>>
>>10714689
1 gallon of ice cream at walmart is just a little over $5 and has 4,000 calories. $5 of rice has 16,000 calories. $5 of walmart brand party chips is 7,000 calories.
It is extremely easy to be obese on a budget.
>>
>>10714679
Nissin makes this black garlic oil tonkotsu that is absolutely heavenly. I boil an egg or two and it’s a budget meal I’m always happy to eat.
>>
>>10714710
>they just mash together packaged foods
uhh, unless you are forging herbs in a forest or hunting for your meat, you, along with nearly everyone in wealthy countries, "mash together packaged food".
I guess if you want to spend hours making pasta and sauces from scratch, you can, but that seems like a waste of time to me outside of special occasions.
fyi, canned and frozen veggies are arguably healthier, as they are preserved within hours of being picked, rather than sitting out open on shelves for days. There is absolutely no advantage of buying fresh veggies that i'm aware of unless you have your own garden and taking veggies from there.
>>
>>10714717
>fyi, canned and frozen veggies are arguably healthier, as they are preserved within hours of being picked, rather than sitting out open on shelves for days. There is absolutely no advantage of buying fresh veggies that i'm aware of unless you have your own garden and taking veggies from there.

wow. you really don't know the first thing do ya? Licensed dietician here. For starters, fresh fruits and veggies taste a hell of a lot better, and don't have crazy amounts of salt/sugar/preservatives.

Canned foods are for the most part absolutely horrible for you. Canned fruits are worse for you than a fucking snickers bar, and canned vegetables tend to have more sodium than you would ever use if you cooked from fresh veg yourself.
>>
>>10714734
>Canned fruits are worse for you than a fucking snickers bar
If you look closely, you'll notice no where i my post do I mention fruit. Do you normally get this triggered over thing literally no one even mentioned?

>canned vegetables tend to have more sodium than you would ever use if you cooked from fresh veg yourself.
You really do have trouble with reading comprehension, don't you? I said canned *AND* frozen veggies. Of course eating exclusively canned food is bad for you due to sodium, but don't act like a single can of vegetables a day is unhealthy. Unless you are eating ramen noodles for every meal, its unlikely you'll consume too much sodium from home cooked meals.
>>
>>10714500
Cook an onion in a pot until mostly translucent. Toss in whatever veggies are in season (my go-to is carrot, potato and celery) add whatever seasonings you wnat. Add like 3 cups of water or stock. Better than Bouillon is slightly expensive but goes a long way. Add some red split lentils. Let this all cook for like 20 mins ish or until the veggies are soft. Add frozen peas if ur feelin it. This is my daily soup basically. I add barley or rice to it as well sometimes for a starch.
>>
>>10714744
Just buy vegetables in-season for cheap abd then eat root vegetables over winter. In September I get zucchini, squash and other fall veggies for like, 50 cents each. All summer I buy fresh tomatoes and lots of fruit. In the winter I eat carrots, turnip and potato. Buying in season (and locally) is the way to go. Its not even expensive.
>>
>>10714749
I do. I go to the farmer's market literally every week during spring - fall. anon asked for some recipes and I just listed a few things I like and would be simple for someone who rarely cooks to start with. You guys acting like I listed my entire diet in that post. Its currently winter, so canned or frozen veggies are much more accessible and simpler, especially for a newbie.
>>
>>10714331
>no savings

Do you plan on working forever?

>>10714555
This isn't cooking, as the other anon mentioned. You're just making prepackaged food. And no, not "everyone" eats like this, and there is plenty of space between this and hunting and foraging. You are living off of simple carbs, which is a trap many vegetarians fall into.
>>
>>10714628
>people on /cgl/ buying Funko pops
>>
>>10714761
>This isn't cooking, as the other anon mentioned. You're just making prepackaged food.
By what definition of the word "cooking" does what I describe not apply? Combining foods together and applying heat is what cooking is.
>And no, not "everyone" eats like this
What do you mean by this? Of course most people don't. Most people just drive to get fast food. The average american diet is gross.
> there is plenty of space between this and hunting and foraging.
And what is that, exactly? In terms of cooking your own meals.
>You are living off of simple carbs, which is a trap many vegetarians fall into.
Anon, someone asked for some recipes of cheap meals, how simple minded are you to think my reply to that question would be a full and in-depth view of my diet? I eat rice or pasta maybe 1 to 3 times a week.

You people need help.
>>
>>10714746
This. Healthy af, can be coincidentally vegan, and cheap af. You’ll feel and look a whole lot better doing this than ramen I’ll tell ya that rn.
>>
>>10714767
Your autistic pedantic "acksually according to the dictionary, I am cooking!" response doesn't help your case, you know.

And no, most Americans eat prepackaged foods most of the time like what you recommended.

You can recommend actual cooking to this anon. That's what they asked for. Tell them to learn how to roast vegetables, how to make a roux, how to cook eggs in different ways, basics for soups and stews, things to change up smoothies, overnight or hot oats, and while you don't seem to eat meat, a lot of people do, so recommending them to learn how to properly cook different kinds and cuts of meat is important for a lot of people, too.

Also, your meals aren't even the cheap versions of them. They're the lazy versions. It costs less to buy dried beans and cook and season them yourself, less to make a roux and homemade mac and cheese, less to make your own pasta sauce from scratch than buy the "premium" good one. It just takes time.
>>
>>10714773
>Your autistic pedantic "acksually according to the dictionary, I am cooking!" response doesn't help your case, you know.
And yet, you completely avoid the question. How you think applying the definition of words is an autistic way to determine the meaning of words, is beyond comprehension.

>And no, most Americans eat prepackaged foods most of the time like what you recommended.
Eh, may not be the majority, but more than 1/3rd of americans eat fast food every day.
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/10/03/85-million-americans-eat-fast-food-every-day-new-study-reveals/
Also, "eat pre-packaged food" and "cook their own food" are two completely separate things. Eating chips is eating pre-packing good. Making rice is cooking.

>You can recommend actual cooking to this anon.
I did.

>That's what they asked for.
Negative. The request was for recipes, not advice on how to cook.

>Also, your meals aren't even the cheap versions of them. They're the lazy versions.
Time is money. There are many ingredients cheaper to buy that is made by someone else than to make yourself when you factor in the time cost. pasta is one of the best examples of that. If you are a NEET, then sure, spend the needless hours making every single thing from scratch, but some of us have jobs.

>It costs less to buy dried beans and cook and season them yourself, less to make a roux and homemade mac and cheese, less to make your own pasta sauce from scratch than buy the "premium" good one. It just takes time.

None of these are things a new cook can do very well. Figuring out where to start when starting from scratch is really hard to do when you don't know what the finished product is suppose to look or taste like. Most people have eaten boxed mac and cheese, so thats why I think that is a good starting point in learning to cook. To have something familiar, and add more to it and learn how you can do so much more outside of the instructions on a box.
>>
>>10714685
A fellow ramen enjoyer of culture. Any particular flavor you like? Also, I'm always looking for good instant yakisoba. I'm gonna try the ones you mentioned next. I've heard mama come up a couple of times -- sounds good
>>
>>10714692
Wow, that's funny, your favorite brand is my least favorite and my favorite is your least favorite. The one Sapporo Ichiban that I do enjoy is the Tonkatsu flavor. I am a huge baby when it comes to spice so, I feel you. The Nongshim Shin Ramen Black was pretty easy to handle when I put in half of the spice packet. Jin is also a mildly spicy flavor (if you get the mild cup that is.) I wanna try Buldak ramen but I know I'll disintegrate before I can even swallow a spoonful :(
>>
>>10714716
Nissin Raoh is bomb. I've tried the Tonkatsu and Miso with the latter being my favorite so far. I've seen the black garlic oil one before but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm glad it's good, I'm definitely gonna try that next.

> I boil an egg or two
This is going to sound stupid, but I've always wanted to try that (especially the marinated eggs), but I don't like boiled eggs lmao. I've been buying the TJ's wontons and dropping them in instead. I think it's pretty tasty alternative. Nice and filling too.
>>
File: 91x1XJaImWL._SL1500_.jpg (365 KB, 1500x1338)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>10714787
It's been so long since I had them that I got the name wrong lol, it's Myojo Ippeichan. I like getting the regular Nongshim ramen, perfect food to eat during the winter but recently I enjoyed their tonkotsu flavor. Paldo (was once the spicy food meme with youtubers) is nice too if you prefer a more 'saucier' texture.
>>
AX budget pre-covid
>$100+ for registration ($140 in 2022)
>$350-400 for hotel (rooming with friends)
>$120 for food
>$100 for “in case shit happens” funds
>$600-700 for all the swag, deduced over time due to AX concerts
$1300-1400+ overall by 2022 standards, $1200 pre-“cucked by covid”

Any suggestions?
>>
>>10714783
Because when people say "cooking," they don't mean making microwave meals, even if that meets the literal dictionary definition, and you know that.

85 million Americans is actually just above 1/4, not a 1/3, but it's also not really relevant. Someone getting coffee and a breakfast sandwich through the drive-thru or eating out for lunch at work isn't much worse health-wise than what you were suggesting as meals.

And no, eating Annie's boxed mac and cheese IS prepackaged food, anon. Anything that gets you to add a powdered cheese packet isn't real cooking.

They asked for recipes, yes, and what do recipes include... cooking instructions! "Boxed mac and cheese," or "eat a can of chili" are not recipes, even if you then say "put some peas on top." No one on earth is stupid enough to not realize they can make and eat prepackaged food.

The anon said nothing about the meals needing to be instant meals, just cheap. They might have loads of time. And also, cooking doesn't take that long if you actually know how to do it, especially when you're cooking in bulk which is both cheap and time effective. And slow cookers are a great investment for those who are short on time.

Soaking and cooking beans, making a roux, and making a basic tomato sauce are all very simple things to learn how to cook. These are the basics you tell someone to learn, not "have you considered putting butter in rice."
>>
>>10714863
>Because when people say "cooking," they don't mean making microwave meals
Are you cooking rice or pasta by microwaving it? Thats weird, anon.

>Someone getting coffee and a breakfast sandwich through the drive-thru or eating out for lunch at work isn't much worse health-wise than what you were suggesting as meals.
Wrong. Making food at home is almost always healthier than buying from a restaurant. This is because people are typically far more conscious on what is being put into their food and more likely to make it healthier than the equivalent food you'd get at a restaurant. There are many studies showing this
https://clf.jhsph.edu/about-us/news/news-2014/study-suggests-home-cooking-main-ingredient-healthier-diet
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5561571/
Cooking your own meals at home is directly correlated to having a healthier diet.

>And no, eating Annie's boxed mac and cheese IS prepackaged food, anon.
Yes, I wasn't saying it wasn't, I was saying cooking your own food CAN include pre-packaged food, and that eating pre-packaged food can not include cooking.

>Anything that gets you to add a powdered cheese packet isn't real cooking.

multiple posts in and you still struggling to define what "real" cooking is, huh? How are you struggling so hard on gatekeeping cooking of all things?

>The anon said nothing about the meals needing to be instant meals, just cheap.

I, also, made no mention of "instant meals".

>And also, cooking doesn't take that long if you actually know how to do it, especially when you're cooking in bulk which is both cheap and time effective.

I know that and I never suggested otherwise. What I said takes a long time is making all your ingredients from scratch.

>Soaking and cooking beans, making a roux, and making a basic tomato sauce are all very simple things to learn how to cook. These are the basics you tell someone to learn, not "have you considered putting butter in rice."

Soaked beans. What a delicious recipe.
>>
>>10714769
Eating this 4x a week has given me more energy than anything else. I grew up on meat/potatoes and it just would bog me down (my parents didn't cook lean healthy meats) and just eating lentil soups, the occasional sausage as a little treat. I'm not even vegetarian I just luv me some veggies.
>>
>>10714884
I'm just saying that microwaving meets your (and the dictionary's) definition of cooking, but we all know it's not. That's the same for instant meals.

Those studies are both about homecooked meals, which are not what you were talking about, as much as you think you were.

Okay, so you are eating prepackaged food, like I said, got it.

You did talk about instant meals. Boxed mac and cheese and warming up chili beans are instant meals.

And again, you are the one who said beans were a meal. Soaking beans is how you prepare beans from scratch, but I guess you haven't gotten that deep into the cooking lessons book yet, hey?
>>
>>10714930
Kek if her family asks her for a home-cooked meal she's going to slap down some Hamburger Helperand call it a day
>>
>>10714500
I dunno', I'm with >>10714454. Eating slow cooked pulled pork BBQ sandwiches for less than 5 dollars today & tmr.
>>
>>10714930
>Those studies are both about homecooked meals, which are not what you were talking about, as much as you think you were.
multiple posts in and you still struggling to define what "real" cooking is, huh?
>>
>>10714930
>Soaking beans is how you prepare beans from scratch,
Nta but uhhh...you can literally buy no sodium added canned beans to cook with so you don't have to waste time soaking anon.
>>
When the hell did this thread turn into teens and college students pretending like they know how to cook because they made beans, rice, and ramen once?

I'm autistic as fuck with my budget. I save-first-spend-last so I put at least 30% of my income into my savings. I have a spreadsheet to record all the money I spent, by category. There's a limit on how much I can spend in a category each month. The spreadsheet also contains any goals like cons that I put money towards every month. Next to each goal is a % completed. Like I said, autistic and penny-pinching as fuck. I just like knowing where my money goes
>>
>>10715057
they cost more, you child.
>>
>>10715041
Agreed. NTA but I cook for 2 in burgerland and it's about $6-8 a day. Probably could go lower if we were more savvy or went to Costco. $5 or less a day is doable for a single person if you're not picky about your food. You don't have to be a bean rice ramen hobo
>>
>>10714827
>$120 for food
Bring your own food whenever you can. Buy a box of instant oatmeal, tray of muffins and bring them to eat at the hotel. Bring a 2-liter of beverage. No alcohol. Eat fast food for bigger meals. Budget for one sit-down meal with friends if you must.
>$600-700 for all the swag, deduced over time due to AX concerts
Cut it out completely if you need. Otherwise stick with a <$50 toy for yourself if you MUST get an overpriced souvenir. Just about everything at a con is cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>10714500
Italian beef in a slow cooker is the stuff of gods.
Chuck roast
Beef consomme
beef broth
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Italian Seasoning
Pepperoncini's
Giardiniera
sub rolls
provolone or mozzarella cheese
>>
>>10715253
The time you gain spending like 50cents or less x'on a can of beans (multiple servings in a can) VS soaking is worth it imo. When I was super poor I used canned beans because it meant I had the extra time for studying, work, other cooking, etc
>>
>>10715276
just buy an instant pot
>>
File: download.jpg (22 KB, 320x320)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
4 meals for a $1, no cooking lol

>>10715276
>When I was super poor I used canned beans because it meant I had the extra ti-
You don't have to stare at them the entire time.
>>
File: 1641016606853.jpg (125 KB, 1279x624)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>10715258
>120 for food
>forgetting about being in LA and potentially visiting known foodie places in LA
>>
At this point I eat out because it's jus faster than cooking at home. Shit doesn't even taste any better.

Fucking sucks that the staple "poor food" is beans, fucking hate beans
>>
>>10715327
Joshua Weissman has a “but cheaper” series, however you might wanna watch all of his cheaper videos and copy his most used ingredients so you can stay cheap because it’s technically cheaper based on how much is used in the recipe and not the ingredients as a whole (as in a can / bottle)
>>
>>10715325
>caring about foodie places

Thats your problem not mine
>>
>>10715319
You have to keep a geberal eye on them while cooking them and even after soaking they take longer than canned beans to get to an edible point. The price difference is so cheap unless you live in the actual 3rd world it's not worth the extra money.

And if you're broke unless you got gifted a crock pot or pressure cooker you do have to watch the beans cook and adjust heat and stir and whatnot.
>>
File: 1639770001563.jpg (645 KB, 1232x1306)
645 KB
645 KB JPG
are major anime cons like a "spring break" for weeaboos? how easy do the anime girls put out? how easy is it to strike up a convo and make new friends for weekend? how crazy does it get during the nights? any crazy stories?

i went to a smaller anime con last weekend in my flyover state, and im intrigued. and i was also surprised at how many people opted to stay at the convention hotel
>>
File: 1639623752159.jpg (24 KB, 638x717)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>10714333
you must be blowing up the toilet every time
>>
>>10715560
Cons used to be a great place to hook up. Now its covid season and everyone is terrified to talk to someone without a mask. If your goal to go to a con is to get laid don't waste your time unless you have a time machine.
>>
>>10716033
>If your goal to go to a con is to get laid don't waste your time unless you have a time machine.
True. '04-'14 was the last time you could really hook up easy at cons.
>>
I hate to say it, but sometimes the proper financial decision to make is to simply not attend the con. I know it sucks, BUT sometimes that's the proper decision to make. I knew someone who did about 5-6 cons a year. They also complained about always being broke, or never having time to hang out because of no money, or to busy working 2 jobs to get the bills paid. Sure it's fun to spend those 2-3 days at the con, but is ruining yourself financially and stressing yourself out worth those 2-3 days? There's many cons, trips, concerts, and festivals I ended up having to skip due to making the decision that it was just going to cost to much. I find myself enjoying events more when I know that I didn't kill my wallet in order to go.
>>
>>10716215
Sometimes that’s not an option, especially this year when con season re-emerges. Especially when PTO for my trip to Ohayocon got denied followed by a local con, AX/family reunion trip I can’t back out on is in danger of getting PTO denied as well.

So technically, my con season may potentially be one con only.
>>
>>10714438
>whilst
>university
This Eurofaggot gets a government subsidy to go to college and pays for burando with tax money. Opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1641047447704.jpg (754 KB, 2001x965)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
>>10716215
>not attend the con
>>
>>10716215
>cons start opening back up again
>can’t go to any of them because it’s financially crippling to save up at least for one of them
>>
>>10716215
>telling weebs to not go to cons due to financial reasons when con season starts making a comeback
Good luck with that
>>
>>10716215
Don’t say that
>>
my pro strat is to not buy anything at the con. I guarantee everything is overpriced and you can find it online. I see so many tards buy so much shit that will never see the light of day because they have awful impulse control.
>>
>>10718407
I always use cons to check out merch in person and then get it cheaper on secondhand sites.
>>
>>10718407
Honestly this. I want to support the atmosphere and vendors but there’s no way in hell I’m spending $8 on a box of pocket I can get at my local Asian grocery store for $2
>>
>>10716215
The problem now is weebs are doing this shit on credit cards.
>>
>>10714329
I am retarded so I tell myself I will put away money, then don’t for the full year, then pawn a bunch of shit and take out payday loans a week before the con.
>>
>>10718407
>I guarantee everything is overpriced and you can find it online.
The artist booth stuff is usually fairly unique and can be cheaper than online but yeah, for the more "professional" vendors, buy online.
>>
File: .png (103 KB, 563x694)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
is $350 on anime hype drops good budgeting?
>>
>>10718860
>XL
>Large

Just take this money out of your food budget.
>>
>>10718893
>making fun of size L
let me guess, youre under 5'6"?
>>
>>10716609
I'm Australian.
>>
File: 1640612157095.jpg (665 KB, 1613x1536)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>10718860
People have done way worse.

Someone actually spent $400+ on streetwear from a “anime” podcast
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 1200x900)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>10718929
>>
>>10718859
Eh, I still think most vendors at cons will have an Etsy or something and you can just compare prices then and there for stuff like >>10718419 says. I can't imagine the IRL price to be cheaper. I definitely think that most purchases at cons are of non-unique goods that have a higher price than online.
>>
>>10718895
Well, yes, I'm a woman.
>>
File: EnGSVyfUUAEqGyl.jpg (56 KB, 1248x520)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>10714329
I'm supposing this thread is for americunts?

How fucking much does attending a con cost in your country? Or are you jobless minors without a penny in your name that have to save for months to get $100?
>>
>>10719202
American here, in our con scene someone having a triple digit bank-account may as well be considered rich. You wouldn't believe how many people are beggars and just financially illiterate, it's not just minors/young adults either.
>>
>>10715258
Even exclusive merch?
>>
>>10719202
Was wondering the same.
I normally spend 5-20€ entry fee, 40-80€ on bus fares depending what part of the country its in, either pack my own food or take 20€ for that, and then spend between 50-100€ in the artist alley.
I stay tf away from merch stalls, they're normally riddled with fake anime figures and shit I could find cheaper on aliexpress anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.