[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

>2021 Rules, Hints, FAQ and More:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwEPe6NNSDZe5FNer3GEuvQzwilPLMKIlgsJPJOTGRI/edit?usp=sharing

Last years gifts have been added to the photo album which can be found at the top of the Rules page. When sharing your gift to the thread please include your ID and gift tier on the image if possible - this will help out when the photos are uploaded to the album and will show the set standard for future events!

>SHIPPING DEADLINE HAS PASSED.

>GRINCH CHECK
January 31, 2022

Any other issues issues.. contact us ASAP! (Phone posting, hopefully this works)

Previous thread
>>10694569
>>
File: DSC_0042.jpg (637 KB, 1848x2151)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
1841 here, 6762 your card arrived well. I hope your able to complete all your goals. Thank you so much for you well wishes. I was able to hit 11 miles yesterday! Small steps everyday will get a closer to what we reach for, WAGMI!!! Your card made my day.
>>
I regret sending so low effort cards. I stand out in a negative way.
>>
>>10711313
If it helps, none of the cards so far stand out to me in a bad way. You're probably just overthinking it, anon.
>>
>>10711313
Me too anon...
>>
Card from 4100 to 7908-
Thank you for such a thoughtful card and gift! I thought the package was suspiciously large but I was not expecting to receive a dress. It fits my wardrobe perfectly and I wore it to work today. The snacks were delicious too. I will definitely check out your recommendations and it's very kind of you to offer to look out for my wishlist dress. Thank you for your generosity and I hope you have a wonderful new year!
>>
>>10711462
And card from 2930 to 7908-
I loved reading your letter! It's awesome that we have some common interests. Aldrea/HBC is one of my faves too. And the stationery is adorable. Thank you so much for making the sticker, I'm excited to use it! I'll definitely message you with some recs. Have a great holiday and new year!
>>
#8680, I was a card match for you and sent a small box (from USA, USPS) on the 14th. I know international shipping can take a long time, but tracking hasn't moved/updated in a while. Not sure what's up but just letting you know it IS on the way... for eventually...

My other cards all say delivered so not sure what the holdup is with this one. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>10711306
Thank you for the encouragement, some days of course it’s difficult when its chilly out, but I am hanging in there. And wow- e l e v e n miles?! That is . . a lot. Id be happy with just 2-3 miles, one day though. I’m happy my card made your day, have a great rest of the holiday season anon.
>>
>>10711517
It's all good! I wasn't expecting to receive it anytime soon since international shipping can take a while, especially during the holidays, not to mention our customs likes to forget to update the tracking sometimes. I'm still excited and I'll be sure to post here when I do get it!
>>
9700 to 4100 60-80 tier.
I am so grateful for the effort you put into this gift! I had alot of fun trying to guess what was inside of each individually wrapped bundle. I was not overly specific in my form, and yet you managed to find things that are a perfect compliment my wardrobe. Holy Night Story is one of my most beloved prints, and I am quite pleased to have received otks that are such a good match for it. I definitely see myself wearing the IW cutsew often, it's going to be very comfortable under OP's and cardigans in the spring and summer. The secret forest kc was the biggest surprise though! I've always missed out on it and it's even more incredible that you found it in the brown colorway rather than the red. I appreciate the seed starter kit too, there are a couple of varieties of veggies in it that I haven't grown yet (like those fancy purple carrots!). Thank you for the awesome gift, I hope you had a great holiday and wishing you a safe and happy New Year
>>
>>10711462
7908 to 4100 card tier.
I'm just making the connection now that we were mutual card matches! I'm so happy to hear that you like the dress and have worn it already. Thank you for the letter, card, tea and brooch. The pop up card is very detailed, every time I look at it I notice something new I didn't see before. I love that the tea is a limited edition variety, strawberry and vanilla black tea sounds delightful! I need to bake something special to go with it so I can try it soon. I always bring a cosplay emergency kit with me to every con I attend, squeezed into a tiny tea tin so I'm excited to use this larger tin (once it's empty) as an upgrade. The brooch is adorable, I have a few star themed dresses that it will easily coordinate with. This was a lovely gift to receive, I appreciate it very much and wish you a wonderful new year as well!
>>
Hello #4639, I got back the card I sent you today. I’m an idiot who thought “it’s a card I can just slap a stamp on it” but I’m in the US and you’re not so obviously a single stamp won’t suffice. Work is brutal this week but I’ll try to get to the post office to resend ASAP.
>>
>>10711551
It brings me great relief to see that you have at least one other match.

>>10711517
I ordered something the 3rd of November, it stopped tracking the 13th, and then suddenly arrived around the 20th of December. Shipping between our continents seems really slow. Maybe it'd be faster to ship to a proxy service in Asia and take the long way around.
>>
>>10710774
It's an art card of the print "Arukou" by Jasmin Darnell

>>10710775
I will look for a nice thank-you card to send to your return address, anon.
>>
>>10711554
I'm glad I got so lucky! :) Have a happy new year!
>>
I'm waiting for my present to arrive and also waiting for my match to post the parcel I sent. The wait is killing me!
>>
6310 to 1207 $60-80 tier. Sorry for posting so late!
Anon, I seriously love everything you put in this box!! First of all, the Baby bolero and Meta beret are perfect for my wardrobe! I’m already planning what coords to wear!
The sheep squishmallow and cinnamoroll are so cute, and the mug and sheep socks are going to be put to good use.
I looove Ritter Sport, thank you! I haven’t had this Meji chocolate, but I just know it’s going to be delicious.
Also, how funny that we essentially got each other the same fillers - Hi Chew and a Rilakkuma hand sanitizer! We definitely think similarly. It was so great having you as a mutual match!!
>>
>>10712204
Ahh, I’m so happy you loved everything! As soon as I saw that bolero and headbow, I snatched them up right away because of how perfect they are. I still laugh about the sanitizer and Hi-chew, great minds really do think alike! Hope you had a great holiday and will have an awesome new year! <3
>>
>>10711579
I'm glad you like everything and happy to hear you can make use of the tea tin too!
>>
File: received_1081400912627001.jpg (174 KB, 2048x1152)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Ahh #1713!! I love everything you sent with this card and I’ll be sure to wear the earrings soon, so cute <3 I actually just hung up the Chief picture, but going to get a proper frame for it soon. You did an absolute amazing job on it, I showed it to some friends and couldn’t stop being so happy about it. The mask I’m excited to try~ Thank you so much for everything, I had a wonderful holiday and I hope you will as well.
>>
FINALLY able to post my gifts… big apologies for my Santas for waiting so long, as I had to be out of town to help with stuff on short notice.

From 4100 to 8931
Thank you very much for your incredibly kind gift! I actually don’t have OTKs in this particular colour, yet have so many dresses that’ll match perfectly, haha! I actually gasped a little when I saw the Jersey Devil patch! I used to have a crptid book when I was a kid, and instantly recognized it when I saw it. The necklace is absolutely gorgeous, and will be a beautiful addition to my J-fashion and non-J fashion wardrobe. The little mushroom book will be fun to make sketches in, and the Funassyi cards really make me smile. I really appreciated everything in here, as well as the very cute card, thank you very much again.
>>
>>10712378
>(Just realized I misstyped my number above oop)

From 2930 to 8391
What a fun and thoughtful package with a great selection of items, thank you so much! You really did well nailing down an article of vintage clothing that reflects my style and colours. Especially with the cold weather I’ve been wanting to try out more tabletop games just like these, so this is amazing. I can’t pick which one to try out first! The Christmas Funassyi is so cute- I didn’t even know there was a Christmas version, so this is an awesome surprise! I have no idea where you’ve managed to find a seagull pen, but it’s wonderful and already on my jacket for wearing out tomorrow. Thank you very much again, and hope you’re having a great holiday season.
>>
>>10712379

Card from 7908
I gasped a little bit when I opened up the big card and saw Pompompurin with the big tree! This is now sitting on my desk and making things much more festive. The way you wrapped everything was absolutely beautiful, and very cute. The patch is awesome, so cool that you get to cross the bridge often! Hopefully you don’t get lost in the fog, haha. I’m very excited to try the chocolates as they look very delicious. I’m not joking, this fortune teller fish has brought me so much enjoyment, I just put it in my hand and watch it go and can’t stop staring lol. I think it has performed every movement indicated on the back of the package, so I’m not sure what to make of it, I guess I have very complicated feelings haha! your letter was very sweet and thoughtful too, and i’m so glad we could connect this year. Best wishes for 2022!

Card from 4617
Thank you very much for sending this package from so far away! I really appreciate all the snacks and goodies, and it’s totally what I wanted, I hope you didn’t doubt yourself too much! Proper salted black liquorice is actually hard to find here, and I very much enjoy it too! Thank you very much for the stickers and for the kind words inside your card, and I’m so glad to have given you some gift ideas, haha. A220 is a solid choice, all the performance of a larger aircraft in a smaller package. I also very much appreciate the Nayuta OVA suggestion, I have not seen it but will definitely be watching it as soon as I can. Also the reflector is such a good idea as it gets so dark here during the winter (as I’m sure it does for you too), so I’m very excited to put it on my bag, along with the awesome Pokémon charm! I’m looking forward to enjoying the different flavours of the candies- I’ve only had orange so far and it’s very tasty!
>>
>>10712384
Dropped picture of course
>>
>>10712384
I am happy that you liked it! Especially the liquorice, supposedly a lot of people don't really do so I was prepared to beg you to try to force yourself well maybe not, but anyway.
Like I hinted towards, you'll recieve a little bit more, but the shipping was incredibly slow so I wasn't able to send the second part until the 24th (and it still hasn't left the local post office argh maybe I'll go and ask them if they placed it in the wrong location or maybe everyone in the postal system is on vacation).
>>
File: IMG_20211231_114303.jpg (1.08 MB, 1500x1402)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
(Tier $60 - $80) Hi #1958! I just received your gift today!! I came home from the gym and quickly ripped it open and immediately started munching the Milo nuggets! Thank you soooo much for your generous gift! This is the first maid style bonnet I own so I am excited to make a Momoko-esque coord with it! The socks are a great choice as I was just putting mine similar ones away this morning and looked sadly at the piling and holes starting so now I can happily throw them out! The little chick keychain is also adorable!! I really loved the christmas tree Bakura drawing and thought he needed to be showcased in the thread hehe Thank you so much, again! Hope you have had a wonderful holiday!

(Also I realise we are mutual matched, so I hope my gift compares!!!)
>>
>>10712543
I'm gonna send you a paypal invoice along with it.
>>
>>10712543
feel free to vent in feels thread if you dont find anyone
>>
>>10712543
Are you feeling bad about something related to the secret santa, or just your personal life?
>>
>>10712576
>>10712579
>>10712581
I wanted to delete it but I was too late, and now the whole thread is derailed. I hope a mod sees this and cleans up the thread.
>>
#1477 thank you so much for the card and the friendly words! I’m really excited for the face mask and especially the hand mask! Never tried one before :) Happy new year and hope you have a nice holiday <3 /#8451
>>
#5681 thank you for the tea and stickers! Can’t wait to try the different teas out! I can’t get over how cute the stickers are!! May I ask where did you get them from? :) /#8451
>>
#5296, thank you so much for the card and the drawing! I still have the one you sent a few years ago hanging on my wall and will now add this one to my lolita artwork collection <3 /#8451
>>
aaa #2671 thank you so much for the super cute vintage card and all the small goodies! The facial mask will be perfect now with the dry winter. The stickers and pen are just too cute and I absolutely love the Super Sonico merch! Will be a great start for an ita bag <3 /#8451
>>
>>10712384
I'm glad to hear you have the card on display and that you like everything! Happy New Year!
>>
Card from 1713 to 7908-
I absolutely love the Korekiyo art, thank you so much! The beard and rosy cheeks on the mask is such a cute touch. I'm definitely going to put it on display. All the stickers are adorable and I'm looking forward to using the Christmas ones next year. I'm excited to try the mask as well, and I love the watercolor seagulls, so pretty. Thank you for everything and have a great year ahead!
>>
>>10712950
Card from 6762 to 7908-
How cool to have you as a Santa again! I was very happy to read your card. Hope you are feeling better now! Thank you for all the goodies as well. The pen is really cute, I'm going to use it at work. The lip balm smells amazing and I am very intrigued by the gingerbread mask. I am hoping to go to more events next year so it'd be awesome to connect!
>>
I always feel a little bit of panic when I see the thread has been updated, because what if it is my giftee.
>>
>>10712956
Still waiting for mine to post. I thought it would be there by now.
>>
#2930 to #1477 ($35-45) - Thank you so much for everything! I desperately needed new tights and the blouse is such a pretty color and fits perfectly. I haven’t tried it with my current main pieces yet but if not it will be an excuse for me to find a piece to go with it. :) Thank you for contributing to my caffeine addiction! I’m going to make a pot of coffee tomorrow and will let you know how it is. I love all the little extras and I’m excited to try the milk tea! The toothpick holder is so cute it’s already been filled. We happen to be mutual matches so I hope you like your gift as much as I liked mine! Thank you again and I hope your holidays were great and that the new year brings you joy!
>>
Not trying to start a fight, but there seem to be a lot of mutual matches this year. Didn't we agree in the past to not do this? Was it simply inevitable because of applications?
>>
>>10713002
Probably based on people wanting to do within country shipping and trying to match people with similar enough interests.
I also wonder how many mutual pairs there actually were and how much of what we see is skewed by the members of the same pairs mentioning they were mutual Santas
>>
>>10712554
Yay it arrived! I'm glad you liked everything and it was all of use, especially the socks! I was agonizing between full black, full white and black x white, so it's really comforting to hear that I made a good choice! I'm glad to hear you liked the night cap, the night cap campaign claims another hehe. Also thank you for posting the Christmas tree Bakura! I forgot to take a photo of him before I sent out the parcel and was kinda bummed out about that. I'm looking forward to when your gift arrives!

>>10713002
In my case, I was the only person from Asia who participated this year in any tier, so a mutual match was the most likely outcome, considering the shipping costs to other parts of the world.
>>
>>10713002
Yep! There were a few mutuals due to shipping requirements, and participants in each tier. We tried to match people based on who were closest to each other as well, as you can see even people who sent small gifts with cards were stung with ridiculous shipping fees. As well there were fewer participants this year and most of them were from the USA not wanting to ship internationally, so unfortunately when matching people the shipping restrictions are priority.

>>10713018
A quick count, there were 5 pairs, so 10 mutual gifts out of just over 40 total gifts. 63 cards were sent, but they were matched randomly, worldwide so I am not sure how many were mutuals.
>>
>>10713043
I was starting to wonder if it could've been a "social experiment" where you gave everyone mutual matches because of how many people mentioned it.
>>
I’m getting a little worried because I haven’t heard from my Santa in a while and I don’t know if my gift has been shipped yet.
>>
>>10713043
Thanks for the answer, PartyShark! Makes sense.
>>
>>10713099
Please email cglsecretsanta2018@gmail.com I will have a look into it!
>>
2671 your package arrived by xmas and I opened on xmas morning~

Oh. My. Goodness. The amount of joy with everything. You shopped so well for me, I am floored the most by the alpacasso items- I’ve not been able to find the stickers before! I have placed Gumi (the alpacasso plush you sent) with the rest of my collection but I am about to move them all to a new shelf and I’ll post it to my socials (which you have in the email). I loved reading your card, it was very heartfelt and made me feel pure joy - I could feel the xmas spirit~ thank you so very very much, you have made my xmas very special. A great end to 2021. I hope you in return had a lovely holiday season anon <3
>>
File: DSC_0048.jpg (345 KB, 1417x996)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
1841 again, Happy to report that my card from 8451 arrived. It looks like we are mutuals. I hope you get your card soon! I've been watching it sit at a post office for two weeks! Thank you so much for the organizer, it will be put to good use. I'm also excited to try all the snacks, I've never had any of the items before. The bag they came in is super cute. This was a nice holiday extension to receive today, may your extra Christmas be just as nice!
>>
None of the packages to my giftees or from my Santas are moving, I'm getting so anxious. Just want everyone to have their presents already, the ones posted itt are all lovely!
>>
>>10712391
Well, FINALLY the package has started moving. TEN DAYS it took for them to even sort the package. Well, at least they hadn't lost it. (Giftee, you can track it too if you use the website of my national postal service, but it won't track after it leaves the country).

>>10713783
I was getting nervous about one of them, until right now. Actually, there's another I might be getting quite nervous about too. The post office stuck the packing slip wrong, around the corner, and there's also a typo in the recipient's name. I feel like it should have arrived by now, but then again customs really took their time so it hasn't actually been moving for that long. I'm not panicking yet.
>>
1207! I love everything you sent me, I can’t wait to use the Tuxedo Sam bags, and the card is lovely!! Yes I agree it’d look lovely as a print too, I see it as a wintery theme print. I’ve been wearing my mask around for errands, it’s very comfortable and love the design. The hi-chews are also appreciated as they are one of my faves. I already ate the grape gummies, those were fantastic! I hope your xmas was great and maybe you also got some of the snow I did last night. Happy holidays anon <3
>>
Hi mods, I think a few of my messages might have gotten eaten since I didn't get a reply back. Could you check your junk mail to doublecheck?
>>
>>10713862
I dont have anything in my junk and don't have any un-reads in my inbox! Please email me at cglsecretsanta2018@gmail.com and I can help!
>>
>>10713866
Sent a message!
>>
8451 <3 I loved reading your card, my holidays were amazing and even more amazing because of your thoughtfulness including an alpacasso - I’ve gotten so much alpacasso stuff in general this year with my cgl santas and its amazing, theres always room for them. I will be trying the tea tonight to help me sleep quicker/better, as I return back to work tomorrow since my area was snowed in for a bit. I will also wear the bunny clip too! Everything is cute and very very sweet of you, thank you so much and I hope you also had amazing holidays <3 (p.s. yes originally there was a mixup and I was 9700 as well, so writing this psa here so you don’t get confused)
>>
>>10713909
I haven't received anything and nothing in junk! So really weird..?? Not sure what is happening?
>>
Hi, 7063 here! I haven’t heard from my $150+ in a while but I know last I heard you were still waiting on something. I would appreciate a heads up whenever you ship it out just because I have to go to the post office to pick it up so I need to know when to go. Thanks!
>>
Hi # 8451, have you received your $60-80 gift? I sent it on Dec 16th and it was estimated to arrive in a week.
>>
(Gift spam incoming)

7734-2930 (35-45)

Thank you so much for such a lovely package! The presentation was gorgeous and opening all the little gifts was super fun. I’m so grateful to finally have a non-deflated petti and the hair bows will match my choco prints well! Speaking of chocolate, the candy was all delicious. Everything was wonderful <3
>>
>>10716124

(I’ve misplaced your # but this was 60-80!)

I was pleasantly surprised by this non-Lolita package! Sometimes I forget this is also a cosplay board (and that I’m a cosplay). The Yoko boots are a kick for me to finally get started on her. I’ve been saying I’d cosplay her for years but here is def some motivation! (Also they fit perfectly so 10/10)
The little herbal seed kit is super cute and I can’t wait to start them when frost is past. Themed seed boxes are a super cool gift.
And the commander deck! I can’t wait to add some upgrades and play it with my friends. It’ll be a welcome change from my ubw venture deck.
>>
>>10716127
1477-2930 35-45

I don’t know how you did it but you found a printless version of my favorite print… I love it! I am slowly growing my collection of meta’s brass band cat and the headpiece and skirt are both wonderful additions.
The chocolate wrapper in this pic is actually empty because I ate it immediately after opening (delicious) and I’m super excited to use the sheet mask. The patch is also adorable and I need to find a good place to stick it!
Thank you so much and happy holidays!
>>
>>10716130

9901-2930
Card tier?!

The spirit of the holidays must have possessed you! Thank you so much for all the goodies! I love trying loose leaf teas and the size of the leaves in this one really intrigued me.
All the stickers are adorable and there are a few that look homemade? I’m so pumped about the pusheen-planeswalkers and I put the french horn cat in my planner immediately.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2022 only has good things in store for you! (And same to all my Santa’s and giftees <3 T^T)
>>
>>10716131
Card tier round-up

5296 - Funnily enough, at the time your card reach me in the US, I was visiting family in Europe! I appreciate your thoughtful card and the not-Santa gracing the front of it. The stickers will most def be put to use in my planner

6762 - I’m not a dog person but I’d love to give all of these Christmas pups a pet. I really liked this card and the little gifts were so sweet. Happy Holidays!

4639 - I understand how rough postage is to send across the pond so I really appreciate this gorgeous card and all the goodies! Candy floss tea sounds strange but I’m looking forward to trying it and I love the squirrel necklace. Very Beatrix Potter/cottagecore!
>>
>>10715924
I received this wonderful gift from #3157 yesterday. Not sure if it’s the 60-80$ or 150$ one since the card didn’t specify. I feel very spoiled so my guess it’s maybe the 150$?

Anyhow thank you so much 3157 for this amazing gift! I can’t believe you got me two dresses and wishlist items! How well the axes femme cardigan matches the IW jsk blows my mind, it’s exactly the type of coord I had in mind. And the bag will go so well with it too! I also loved all the extras, we do have similar taste :) The Liz Lisa cardigan fits perfect in my everyday wardrobe and will be of good use with the cold winters here. I also can’t wait to try out the face mask and all the snacks! Thank you again for all the thought you put behind this gift and hope you will have an amazing 2022 <3
>>
>>10716127
My number is #9700!
Glad to see that you like what I got you. Hope you get to cosplay at a con soon! Here's to a good new years!
>>
File: PXL_20220109_123032515.jpg (861 KB, 2688x1512)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
5995 to 9700
Tier : 60-80
Thanks for the gifts, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great new years. I can't wait to try Monopoly:Animal Crossing, looks so cute.
>>
>>10716303
Hi! I was your santa for the $150 tier, yes. I’m relieved to see the parcel got there safely! I was a little worried about how it would fare during holiday shipping chaos.

Haha, yeah, when I saw the axes femme cardigan, I knew it was meant to be. It was a lot of fun hunting of items that would fit well together. I’m glad you like it (and that you like the other items as well)! Have a great 2022, anon!
>>
4639 to 5296

I've been on pins and needles awaiting this package! It finally showed up, and I'm so happy with the great variety you managed to squeeze into this tier. I can only suppose how much of what I've gotten is hand made, but each and every one of these accessories are so cute! I've hung the Pompompurin embroidery in my kitchen, so that we can smile at each other. Both the tea and the chocolates were delicious. Even if you didn't write as much in your card as I did in mine, I can tell how much love you put without words into the gift itself. Happy Holidays, and happy new year!
>>
I sent my gift last month thinking it was $150+ tier and just checked and realized I was in a totally lower tier. Hope they enjoy it. Now post it!
>>
>>10716303
Nayrt but can you share the print names of these dresses? They’re super cute and I’d love to add them to my wishlist!
>>
>>10716749
OP's santa here. On the left is BTSSB's Meow Meow Symphony OP in pink. On the right is IW's Philharmonie Angel JSK in beige x brown. Hope that helps!

By the way #8451, if there are any other items you want the name of, please let me know!
>>
I have a question for the organizers, is it possible for someone to get the same giftee twice, in the same year?
So if you sign up for multiple gifts or cards, you end up being tasked to send two gifts/cards to the same person?
>>
File: secret santa.jpg (3.5 MB, 4179x3437)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
#9840 to #1958, $60 - $80 tier
It's arrived! Thank you so so much! There was so much variety in the gifts and they were all so wonderfully wrapped, it felt like Christmas all over again! The tights, the necklaces, the face masks will all be put to good use. The blouse fits well too. I can't believe you even went as far as to get a brooch I really wanted from Japan, consolidating all these packages must have been quite the effort!

I really liked the regional specialties! The bathbomb made my room smell so nice and I actually quite like the pineapple chocolates (through they are still pretty weird, yeah). The peanut butter chocolates are DENSE. Like you could build houses with that brick of a chocolate.

And finally, the Cards Against Humanity expansion packs are so so so good! Thank you thank you thank you! I am currently teasing my long-time friends for being completely outdone by a random match on the internet in the CAH expansion pack gifting department. The election pack was genuinely one of my dream items. I'm meeting up with some friends tomorrow and we're thinking of taking these packs for a spin!

Once again, thank you so much! The package made my day. I was worried about adding too much food to your gift in case it got held up by customs, but if you ever want any of my local snacks, let me know. I've added you on Instagram!
>>
If my giftee doesn't receive their gift this week I'll start being worried. If I'm not already.
>>
>>10717530
Same here
>>
$60-80 tier, from #8451 to #1713

Finally got my hands on the package as I was out of city for a few days. It was a nice surprise to hear from you again, also looks like we were mutually matched this year :D The chockers are beautiful and exactly what I needed! The jewerly is surely a spot on. There is such a great variety of snacks that I’m super excited to try them all. Already had a bite of both Hello Panda ones and it’s delicious! I’m gonna use the tiny creepy cute decorations for my smaller Christmas tree next year and I’ve already put the bat stickers on my wall! Thank you so much #8451, hope you had the happiest holiday season and 2022 brings even more joy!
>>
>>10717918
No offense to either of you, but at first glance this really doesn't look like $60-80 worth of gifts
>>
>>10718021
One of the chokers is Moitie, nta or their gifter but it was probably at least half the cost of the gift on its own, and depending where they live the Asian snacks could be pricey as well. Especially flavors I rarely see even at the Asian grocery store in the US like banana Pocky.
>>
>>10718021
>moitie choker brand new with tag

Nta but even if they bought this directly from Moitie for this gift there's no way this wasn't half the gift on its own.
>>
>>10718024
>>10718027
This particular chocker goes tor 20$ but the gift still looks a bit underwhelming for me (nta either)
>>
>>10718029
$20 is still almost half of $60. Pocky costs around $2 per small box minimum for the easy to find flavors like chocolate, strawberry, matcha and there are like 6 plus a few other types of candy that could range from $2-3 each, so that's another $15-$20, which isn't even all the candy. The Ouija jewelry, let's say even if it was cheap from etsy it'd probably be like $20 for both pieces together. That's already at least $60 not including the other choker, other jewelry, snacks.

I didn't do SS this year but I don't get why some people are so weird about something "looking like" it's worth a certain amount of money when they don't even know the brands of items or are not considering the place people live may only sell certain products (like Asian candy) at a markup, etc. Especially when you're not the gifted it just seems like a rude attempt to stir shit or a backhanded insult at the gifter implying they weren't earnestly trying.
>>
>>10718024
>>10718050
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems in poor taste to count snacks as part of the gift - to me they seem like extras you throw in. The Ouija jewelry looks kind of generic/mass produced and could easily have come from a place like Aliexpress as well, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>10718160
If they put they like snacks and are okay with getting snacks maybe it is part of the gift. We don't know. The jewelry alone is likely over the minimum already though because it seems like beyond the Moitie it was small indie shops possibly. It's not the value determined by how much you personally would pay for something like that, it's value based on what they actually paid and tons of little shops sell similar jewelry made from resin and stuff that is priced to an amount that would make this gift well within the right value. Plus the snacks. You can call them filler desu and I could still see it costing at least 60 before shipping. That's assuming they really did only pay $20 for that Moitie choker when most brand necklaces go for far more ($30-$60 firsthand)
>>
>>10718050
Well, >>10718029 misspells choker the same way as the OP, so I wouldn't rule out that they are trying to start shit and see if anyone backs them up. Personally, I don't think candy should be such a big chunk of the cost unless the giftee specifically requested it - it should be a small portion or a bonus. This is a cosplay and jfashion board, not a food board. The point of doing /cgl/ secret santa is to exchange items with people in that hobby. If anon wanted $20 worth of Pocky, they could have exchanged gifts with a normie.
>>
>>10718189
I see that typo all of the time, and the fact that one comment has the $ before the amount and one has it after means it's probably written by two different people.

I do agree that snacks should be extras, but even so, I can see the stuff in there adding up to $60. If the Moitie choker is $20 (which I believe as I can see a similar one on their site for about $24), another choker, three more necklaces, two keychains, and then it looks like some little charms on the right side and then a clip of sorts at the top? It's not the most extravagant gift, but I can see it hitting $60.
>>
>>10717517
Yay! I am happy to see it finally arrived! The brooch was too adorable so I had to get him! (I ended up getting the crow for myself too cos I just couldn't resist! So thank YOU for linking such a cute shop! Pineapple Lumps are an NZ National Treasure! Not really of course, but also.. yeah sort of actually hahah. If you can be bothered searching there is a pretty funny advert about how NZ got them! I am sooo glad you liked the CAH packs, I was a bit worried that the Trump one may have been questionable, but there are some pretty funny cards in there so I hope you and your friends can have some fun with them. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
>>
>>10716131
Glad the box made it, and that you enjoyed it! Even just browsing sticker filler for you was so fun I couldn't help but go overboard. Happy holidays!
>>
>>10717918
>>10718021
>>10718029
>>10718160
>>10718189

Happy the gift arrived and hope you will get loads of use for the jewellery with your wardrobe! <3

I do understand that the gift could seem underwhelming at first glance. Would be good to mention that my giftee specified that they lacked and needed jewellery for their wardrobe so I decided to focus on this and hence the lack of larger items. I did spend around 69$ on the 7 accessories before shipping. The frilly choker and ouija board necklace are exactly the same as on my giftees wishlist. There was also supposed to be another brand jewellery item, that would have matched their wardrobe perfectly, but the seller ended up flaking out and then there was not enough time to try to replace it and meet the shipping deadline :( I did debate whether or not to ask for an extension to the deadline. But in the end, I decided against it since the gift did meet the required amount spent and with the current shipping times, I'd rather want to gift to arrive at a reasonable time rather than wait several more weeks for just one more item.
The snacks were always meant to be extras. My giftee mentioned they liked many different ones and I also do love snacks so I decide to go a bit extra on these as a treat. With the snacks, the gift does push over 100$.

With all this being said if my giftee is not happy and expected more from this tier I would not mind having another try at it. I really do like putting together gifts and this one sadly ended up not as fantastic as I had originally planned it. If so please contact the organizers and they can forward the message to me <3
>>
>>10718328
I’m really sorry you had to read all of these comments, I never expected to start such a rant with my post. Please be sure I love the accessories you chose, they match my style and the idea list, there was a lot of endearing effort put in the choice of tastes of the snacks and cute wrapping, you absolutely should not feel obligated to fix the situation or whatever!!
>>
#9840 to #1477
Sorry for the delay! I just kept forgetting to post. Thank you so much for the tea, face mask, and stickers. I love them so much! That art is gorgeous. Happy to find more people who enjoy religious art prints! Also I’m totally going to try to make pavlova now. I don’t think I’ve ever made a true meringue so this will be fun even if I completely flub it. I hope your holidays were merry and your new year has been treating you well!
>>
#1713 thank you so much for this wonderful gift! The packing you choose was really beautiful and you really got my taste with the items you picked! The dress will fit very nicely in my wardrobe, the bag I have seen on photos and wanted to get so was such a pleasant surprise! Also the collar was spot on since I have been thinking I lack nice fuzzy ones for winter. I love the Sonico you picked for me, she is so beautiful. I also now have a favorite new tea mug and can’t wait to try all the sweets! Thank you so much and hope you have a wonderful 2022 <3 (60-80$ tier, #1713 to #8451)
>>
Card from 8451 to 7908-
Thank you for the adorable card! The postcards you included are super cute as well. Funny enough, I was just thinking I needed a hair clip of the type you sent, so I'm very happy to have it and have already been wearing it. I'm going to try the tea tonight, it sounds like an interesting blend. Hope you have a great year ahead!
>>
Heya Salty Snowball I sent an email over your way 5 days ago, please let me know if you got it or not!
Also to ID# 8935 , your package came back to me stating “insufficient address” so please please resend your address to the organizers so they can forward it my way!
>>
>>10718939
My apologies, I will respond to your email shortly!
Related, but just some info for other participants- we have been notified of a few packages that have been returned, redirected, held in customs, or otherwise delayed.
>>
Hello mods, this is 9901, I just sent an email to both emails I have for you guys and would appreciate if you could read/respond to that asap :(
>>
Thank you so very much Santa for the wonderful package, you really went above and beyond for this! The Jolly Penguin chocolates are delicious, ‘molten caramel’ is awesome! The strawberry pomegranate tea is a lovely surprise, and I’m actually going to try it out tomorrow. The necklace is adorable! What a sweet design and picture inside, I adore it and can’t wait to wear it with some outfits. I think it’ll be good for both Lolita and more casual stuff! Finally, thank you so much for the effort you put into the card. It’s very cute, and the wooden shapes with the crocheted details is beautiful.
Thank you very much again, I don’t see an ID number, but hopefully you’re in the thread!
>>
Thank you very much #5681 for your lovely card and surprises too! There’s something I really like about the picture on the card, it feels very comfortable and nostalgic when I look at it! Thank you as well for the tea, I have had the organic jasmine green and the flavour was great. The lolita stickers are so cool, at first I didn’t realize they were actual IRL dresses/ prints until I looked closer! Such a fun bonus item!
I also realized that I’m one of your gift Santas- I hope your gift was delivered safely and that you enjoyed it! Thank you again and hope you’re doing well.
>>
File: Picture of gift.jpg (2.58 MB, 2880x2160)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
From #8680, to #4617. Tier $15-25.

I have no idea how you can consider this underwhelming, it really is a greater gift than I could ever have imagined. And you've put in so much effort into every detail, it really is amazing. It was also fun that there was a large number of presents and things to look at, so opening lasted for a while. It was probably not your intent, but it was a real struggle opening the box with the glasses, which just made it better because the things lasted for even longer. And I was lucky enough to open that last, which was the best order to open it in. Thank you so much.

And the glasses were a real surprise! They are going to be a big improvement over wearing blindfolds, which is both uncomfortable and gives poor vision, and also doesn't look as good. I've cosplayed as the character many times, but my cosplays have never been good (probably worse than what you'll find in the "bad cosplay" thread). I'll make sure to do the character again on the next con I go to, and this time it'll be with multiple improvements! (I've also bought supplies for making armsocks and a better face paint)

I didn't say anything about it, but I love socks that are a bit more interesting than completely plain, so it was a great surprise that you bought these socks. I'll for sure wear them with my sweater, now I'm thinking about how I can get it to be visible, maybe they should be worn with shorts?
Since I already knew about the backpack in advance, I've already started thinking about how to decorate it. I've been thinking about Saint Tail, or maybe Kaleido Star, Kaleido Star may fit the colours better, but I'm excited to start, and it'll look really well thought out with both the backpack, socks and sweater in similar colours.

The Bulbasaur looks really cute! I look forward to showing it off, and will be sure to place it somewhere it's easy to see! I sadly don't have a desk for my desk buddy, but I have some locations in mind, will see where it fits the best.
>>
>>10720246 continued

I really don't know what to say about the Gengar. It is shocking that you've spend so much time embroidering this picture, I will for sure give it a central spot in my room. The stitching looks really neat too. And don't worry about having chosen a wrong design, I like this design a lot! I'll think carefully about where I hang it, and maybe put up a new hook on the wall to give it the perfect spot. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into this.

I also really look forward to trying the Japanese snacks, but also maybe especially combined with the tea, which I'm really curious about and really look forward to trying. The confetti also was a fun addition.
The chocolates will also be fun to try, I believe I haven't tried these kinds before.

I also wish to thank you for the letter. It was really interesting to read about all the thought that went into each different gift, and I also really appreciate the final words. I am very happy that you had a good time being my santa, my greatest fear has been that you were disappointed you got me and had to force yourself to try to find some enjoyment. I truly am happy, thank you so much.

I hope you get your gift soon, but oh how I wish I had gone all out with my highest effort, it really pales in comparison to what you did.
>>
>>10720246
That's a great gift! Super cute.
>>
>>10720265
It truly is.

I've tried the backpack for a bit, and it's really comfortable to wear. My laptop carrying bag also fits inside. It's literally perfect. Those where two things that weren't checked in advance, and it still turned out so well. I'll use this backpack so much in the future, I've been missing something to wear in the city that wasn't designed for the mountains.
>>
>>10720246
That cross stitch is gorgeous! And you sound so grateful and lovely, anon. You and your santa were lucky to have each other.
>>
>>10720246
The Gengar cross stitch is awesome!
>>
>>10720246
Man I love seeing well made handmade stuff in these exchanges. Great work Santa!
>>
>>10720246
You have no idea how happy I am that you liked everything! I saw the post when I wasn't home, and I might've embarrassed myself in public smiling from ear to ear. As you already know, this was a bit of a challenge for me (for both of us, really) - both due to the ongoing shipping restrictions and how different our interests ended up being, but I honestly had so much fun putting the package together and the fact that I got it right felt that much more rewarding in the end. It makes me so happy that you were able to feel all the care I put into it! And it's so great to know that the backpack ended up being perfect for you, there's nothing better than knowing you'll put the presents to good use. Please look forward to part 2 of your gift - it might not be as exciting to open since it's just a single item, but my hope is that you'll love it just as much and will get a lot of use out of it. Thank you for being such a great giftee and Santa this year!

>>10720265
>>10720414
>>10720441
>>10720560
Thanks, anons! This was my first time participating and the first cross stitch I've done in years. This exchange definitely rekindled my love for embroidery, I've since learned several new techniques and started a new project.
>>
>>10720639
I'm really happy, I'm so lucky I got you! I look forward to part 2, I'm excited to see what it is. I just hope your part 1 arrives soon, it's too uncomfortable to keep waiting for so long. And it's so true our interests are so different, even some of my favourite types of candy are on your "do not want", it's a bit frustrating.
I wanted to respond yesterday, but in the end I just had to go to bed.
If I'm to be honest, I used my old backpack yesterday so I could save yours for the perfect occasion, but I know exactly where this is going so it's an absolute promise that I'll use it today and a lot in the upcoming weeks and further future.
Speaking of promises... I could technically keep my promise of posting your backpack today but it'd be after the mailbox has been emptied and probably wouldn't leave the post office until Monday anyway, it looks at this point like it's a promise I'll break, I'd only be keeping it on technicality anyway. I'm adding a few extras to the backpack, nothing exciting, everything is quite cheap and bought locally from a bad selection, but I would like to get it properly wrapped which can be better done on weekends, but this means you should be careful about looking at the customs form again, especially with the low quality of the gifts so most of the purpose would be the excitement of opening them.
I actually caught a glimpse of your customs form, but luckily the only thing I read was the backpack!
Thank you for everything, you're the best Santa! And a great giftee too, your interests are really interesting to look for!
>>
Card from #9901, to #8680

I noticed we ended up being mutual matches, what are the chances? So far it's been two for two for me this year. This is the first gift I've received so far, and it was very exciting to open! Thank you very much for your thoughtful card, the national park you mentioned made me think of a time I visited the town of Pamukkale in Turkey - it has beautiful white limestone terraces formed by the naturally occurring mineral-rich hot springs.
The stickers are much appreciated, I especially loved the winter-themed ukiyo-e sheet! I've already used some of the tea stickers on my plain tea tins.
I tried both the tea and the candy you've sent, and they were delicious! The tea is unlike any I've ever had - it's so aromatic and sweet, almost like a lemonade. I'm really looking forward to trying it cold, maybe I'll even cold brew it for a more delicate flavor. I'll definitely try to use it up slowly, I know I'll be sad once it's gone.

Also, I've noticed my package has been delivered to you last week, I hope it got there safe and you'll get a chance to post here soon!
>>
>>10721510
I'm so glad it arrived safely!! When I finally saw on the tracking this morning that it had been delivered I was relieved, as it had been a full month since it last updated. I've just looked up Pamukkale and wow, definitely adding that to the travel bucket list!! That bright blue water against the limestone is stunning. I'm glad you like the tea as well, I know it's pretty different from your listed preferences, but I think it's very unique and love to share some of the weirder flavors from my local shop--I forgot to mention in my note the type of cactus on the postcard is the same one the tea is flavored after!

I'm excited to learn we were mutual matches--when the organizers sent me a tracking # from your country I did wonder. Due to an address/delivery mix-up all my packages were sent to a man in the building next to mine, so I don't have your box in my possession yet, but I've been in touch with him the last few days and he returns from travel tomorrow so fingers crossed I will get it very soon!!
>>
File: 8680ss2021.jpg (893 KB, 1000x1000)
893 KB
893 KB JPG
Card from 8680 to 9901!

Anon, I was able to retrieve and open your package and was blown away by the amount of both effort you went to and the number of items you included! Your packaging was so beautiful and I loved opening all the little envelopes and wrapping. I was stuck home miserably sick so it was a real bright spot in what would otherwise have been a very subpar day. It's so clear how much thought and care you put into this package, you managed to hit so many of my interests and warring aesthetics all together! The needle-minder is fantastic and I did not already own one, and it's going to make my life so much better since my current method is to stab my needle halfway into the couch cushion next to me (and as you might imagine this turns out poorly probably 30% of the time)--never again! The socks are so cute and I adore vintage jewelry, and love that you included the name of the style/history/details of how it was made. I'm going to hunt through my stash later tonight for a good chain for the necklace so I can wear it with all my granny-florals :) I'm really intrigued by the breakfast cheesecake recipe, and am looking forward to trying the cold borscht one once it heats up this summer--I've enjoyed it served hot before but have never tried chilled.

I could go on about how perfect everything was (+ how delicious the candies) but I'm already self conscious about how long this comment is, so I'll just say I'm so delighted we were mutual matches since we have so much in common/such similar tastes--although your penmanship is much more elegant! If it's alright I plan to send you an email soon as I'd love to keep in touch (& since you mention you're moving in the future, want to be sure not to send letters where you might not get them any longer), and also can never turn down requests to share photos of my pet snake :) I hope you have a wonderful day because this gift certainly made mine.
>>
>>10718029
It goes for $24 not even including shipping, and there are other necklaces. This gift is absolutely in that price range and you should've bought into a higher price tier if you wanted big gifts. I was literally just looking at this CHOKER on WW for myself and it's sold out in the color I want
>>
File: 2930ss2021.jpg (801 KB, 1000x1318)
801 KB
801 KB JPG
Card from 2930 to 9901, another mutual match for me! Your stationary was so cute and I LOVED the drawing of the gator in the headbow. My universities have all had the worst and lamest mascots (derivatives of "farmers"... twice... in schools 1500 miles apart...) so I am symbolically adopting (co-opting?) yours now since I have a sticker of him, thanks! I would absolutely love to see all the amazing FL wildlife diversity someday, though after years in a desert the humidity might destroy me in one hit. But I've actually read and watched a LOT of videos about all the clear springs in the state and it's a dream of mine to go swimming in them someday, and to see the manatees! I looked up the spring you mentioned and floating down the water looks like the most idyllic way to spend a day. One of my bucket list travel destinations for sure. I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season and start to the year, good luck with all your classes/research this semester!
>>
>>10723871
Not involved in this but the giftee wasn’t the one positing any of the complaints and was happy with their gift. Just wanted to make that clear.
>>
File: 20220128_195930.jpg (3.51 MB, 4032x3024)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
My match! My dearest match from years ago! Your card arrived today, the 28th, before the grinch check. I was so surprised to find your sweet message and name in my card. I deeply relate to your sentiment of being "out of it" and likewise I've also intended to send you a card but never got around to it. To know that our longing has been mutual makes me feel all soft. Thank you for the drawing of Pompompurin! The red glitter had started disintegrating, so more than half was stuck in the envelope, haha! I'll enjoy using the cute post-it notes and think of you. Thank you.
>>
Hi # 8451 from # 5838 $60-$80. I don't know why I just got an email for it, but apparently your present was supposed to be collected from depot on Jan 3rd. I have no idea if it's still there.

I was so scared it was lost in transit, so I guess it's kind of a positive?
>>
>>10724594

Edited because I forgot to mention:

It was supposed to be collected by you from the local depot. I'm not sure if you ever received a letter to collect in your mail?
>>
From #4607 to #5995, $60-$80 tier

I am so sorry for not posting sooner, but thank you so much for the lovely gifts! Everything is perfect. I hope you had a happy holiday as well ^_^
>>
Bump for those who didn't get theirs yet.
>>
The grinch check day has come and gone. I expected something to happen on the date, but seems not.
I was very likely grinched out of a card.
My giftee's present seems to be lost in the mail, and I've already started buying a new one to replace it.
>>
>>10726151
I also expected something to happen; to the organizers, what are we supposed to do if we are worried we’ve been grinched?
>>
>>10726273
You should email them, they can check for shipment proof/tracking numbers and see if the package looks stuck or lost or still in transit, and get in touch with the santas etc.
>>
Hey 5296! It's 6912 here, I haven't seen anything about you receiving my card, but I know that we are in different countries and that may have affected the amount of time it would take to get delivered to you. I sent it out before Thanksgiving, so if you haven't gotten it but want me to send you the pictures I took of the card so you can read it I would be happy to email you.
>>
>>10724594
>>10724595

Hi! I did not get any notification from the postal service :( Do you have a tracking number that you could make the organizers forward to me? Would be helpful since there are more than one collection points for parcels where I live.
>>
>>10726280
Hi! I'd love to see pictures of the card, because honestly I've lost all hope. My other card match arrived in the nick of time, see >>10724566 , but yours must have gotten lost by this point. Please, feel free to email the organisers!
>>
File: 20211120_080114.jpg (1.08 MB, 2572x1713)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>10726767
I'll email them to give you the little holiday greetings and flip-side art! Here's the card I made with the extra postcard I included. As a drawfriend who tried really hard on this I'm a little sad these got lost to the postal abyss. Here's hoping it might resurface someday.
>>
>>10723865
I'm so happy you liked everything and will get a lot of use out of all the little extras I picked out for you! Like I mentioned in the letter, putting this package together was super fun and made this holiday season much better than it could've been.

I apologize for the late reply, I've been unwell for the past week myself and couldn't find the energy to write out a thoughtful response. I hope you're doing better now, your post (as well as the tea you sent, I've been drinking it almost daily since I received your parcel and can't get over how delicious it is) definitely cheered me up when I needed it most!
Please feel free to email me when you have the time, I look forward to hearing from you again and seeing your snake friend!
>>
File: 20220124_170255(1).png (2.09 MB, 1920x1440)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
Hi #8391, I received your card! It's so lovely. I can't wait to try the recipes you sent (yes, even the sauerkraut cake)! Your card is really cute and I loved the note too. It sounds like we have a lot in common. Thanks so much!
Card tier from 83291 to 2671
>>
File: [002345].jpg (54 KB, 680x629)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>10726782
I have left behind the bliss of ignorance. I now know what was lost. I scream into the night.
With all due respect I've resurrected my hope and will keep hoping to receive this drawing until the height of summer. You're such a great drawfriend! Thank you so much, even if I'm basically crying right now.
>>
Thank you so much #5838! This was a very nice surprise after a long week. The bathrobe and cape will be great for keeping me warm since it’s still quite cold and winter here! Also I was thinking to myself just the other day that I do lack a black blouse so the one you picked out will be such a perfect addition to my wardrobe! The plushies are really cute, I especially love the little kitty with her cape. Did you make these yourself? I can’t wait to use the face masks. Thanks once again and hope you have a great 2022! <3 (tier 60-80)
>>
>>10727481
Yay! I'm so glad it finally arrived! The cat is needle felted. When I saw the Cinnamoroll robe, I knew I needed to get it for you. I hope the plush bag isn't too weird.
>>
> REQUESTING GRINCH SQUAD!!

I am sending out emails to anyone who ticked yes as being willing to help with grinched gulls. But if you are also interested please send me an email! Theres been a lot of postage delays and such behind the scenes/ lost/ rerouted etc. hence we are late with grinch check this year!

If you haven't received a card, please email us as we have them all marked as sent and have already covered ones that were left as grinched. So chances are yours is lost in the post if you haven't got it!
>>
File: picture of part 2.jpg (1.4 MB, 2184x1424)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>10720246
From #8680, to #4617. Tier $15-25 - PART 2

#8680, I am really sorry that I caused you trouble. I'm not sure what you meant by mistake, but it sounded like you had to replace some other pin with this one? And I'm so sorry if my talk about theming ruined the fun of giving this one. I can tell you that no matter what, it'll be at least a few months before I start doing that, and in the meantime the pin will have a nice home on the backpack. And if I remove it, I'll make sure to find somewhere else nice.
But I think we might both have made the same mistake regarding itabags. When I mentioned it on my form, I didn't know much more about it than that it'd have decorations, and that's probably why I was able to even mention it without saying anything about the theme. When I read through the thread about it, though, it became clear that there are many more rules to it than just that, and that theming is necessary. If I'd known this, I may not have mentioned it at all. (Or did I know, I'm not sure?)
But I'm also considering just dropping the theming and leave the pin on and add more.
Again, I am really sorry for all the difficulties I've caused you.

The pin really did look nice though, and it's a straight improvement to have it on the backpack over not having it there! Thank you.

Also, thank you for the candy!
I still haven't tried any of the candy or tea from part 1, except I've tried a bit of the dark chocolate and it tastes really good! The reason is that I need to get rid of my grocery store tea first! What if I get addicted to nice, luxorious tea, and then I have to go back to grocery store tea? That's my thought. I've been drinking a lot, and will finally finish tomorrow or on Thursday at latest, and then there's nothing left between me and the tea you sent. I'm really excited to try it!

Aside from this I got nothing else to say. I really love how much effort you put into the overall packaging, and it'll be tough to not look bad in comparison.
>>
>>10728934
Wow, this parcel got to you fast!
Please don't worry about it, you didn't ruin anything for me! This pin was the part of your main gift I thought I'd never receive, so once I'd seen you mention what direction you want to take with your ita bag itt, I realized I should've probably gotten you something else instead. But it's great to know that you like it and will find a use for it either way!
Hopefully you'll enjoy both the candy and the tea I've sent - it's a bit of an acquired taste if you're not used to drinking white or green teas, but who knows, maybe you'll end up loving it.

And thank you for noticing the effort I put into the packaging, gift wrapping is something I find a lot of enjoyment in - probably even more than opening presents. I might've gone a bit overboard with hand coloring the wrapping paper, but it gave me something to do and ended up looking much cuter in the end as a nice bonus.
>>
>>10729117
I asked a bit more about the backpack, and they said that it might not be scanned until it reaches your country. But also that it should be expected and within the normal to take two weeks to reach customs in my country, so it should be given a bit more time before worrying. I'm still a bit worried, but maybe it arrives by early March.

Other than that, I'm working on your present, but it'll be a good while before it's even ready for shipping.

And once again, thank you for being my santa. I reallly wish that if you sign up again, you get the best giftee possible. You are the best.
>>
>>10729157
That's good to know, I was wondering why it hasn't been updating. Hopefully it does arrive, I'll be patiently waiting in the meantime. If you ever need any assistance in picking things out for me, feel free to reach out and I'll be happy to help!
And thank you! I definitely enjoyed this year's experience, despite my country's postal system having decided that I shouldn't receive any of my gifts, and I'd like to participate next year. Who knows, maybe we'll get matched again and then we can share the holiday season anxiety once more!
>>
>>10729527
It's honestly really tempting to ask for help. I was hoping to find the wallets and the sweaters of now on my own, but I haven't been able to so far. But it's also really boring if you know what you'll get, it'll really lower the overall excitement, so I really wanted to try my hardest before giving up. Maybe I'll ask on Saturday or Sunday if I can't find anything, since I've taken so long already.
We could probably lower the chance of matching again if we intentionally sign up for different tiers. I'm blocked from the higher tiers for not having a feedback page, so at least there's that. Not that I'd find it bad if we ended up matching again either though. I'm not even completely sure if I should join again, I probably will and already have ideas but I'm not fully decided. And it's been a very enjoyable experience this year despite my worries.
>>
How many people are still waiting on their gifts?
>>
>>10730488
I'm currently waiting on two
>>
>>10730488
I'm waiting for my card giftee to receive their part 2. I know shipping can take a really long time, so I'm not too worried yet.

For myself, I'm just waiting for a card.
>>
$150+ gift from 6571 to me 8451
The sanrio box was so cute! I love everything you got me, and i missed this flavor of these choco stars so much. I was so surprised to see the other alice items! And the shirt from the pack unfortunately isn’t in the pic because I put it on right away. I also tried one of the chocolates they’re tasty! Thank you so much!!!
>>
It's been a month since the backpack was sent, and I just tried contacting the post system again.
They actually said they'd look into it though, and they'd contact me by email when they learnt anything, so maybe there's hope.
I'm actually starting to get worried, it was roughtly one month for me to receive my original gift though so maybe it arrives next week, if it doesn't I'll be really worried, I don't want everything that's sent to be lost.
>>
Have the volunteers for grinched anons been assigned? I never received any updates
>>
Oh looks like the postal system has erased the tracking codes for the parcels I sent last year that still haven't arrived. Well, they weren't supposed to be tracked anymore anyway, but this marks something, probably.
I'm getting worried about even the parcel I sent in late December now, though. Please arrive soon.
>>
File: Picture of gift +part 2.jpg (2.14 MB, 2880x2144)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>10728934
>>10720246
Because I'm bored, here are both put into one picture. It can be used instead of the other pictures in the album if to avoid clutter with multiple pictures from one person.
>>
>>10736148
I was assigned a grinched anon and am waiting for my purchases to arrive soon.
>>
7063 here with a gift from someone on the grinch squad. Thank you so much for stepping up to help make sure I got a gift! This cutsew OP is absolutely adorable and such a perfect fit for my wardrobe. I have so many coord ideas for it already, thank you so much!!
Also, for anyone wondering, I was originally part of the $150+ tier but I believe multiple people are helping to meet that tier.
>>
>>10737190
sent!
>>
7063 here again with one more gift, this time from 1111 on the grinch squad.
I was already so excited when I opened the package and saw lavender since it’s my favorite color and then dress was even more gorgeous than it looked all packed up! I’ve been wanting a lavender dress I can do more traditional coords with for a while now but I just never got around to actually getting one so you filled a gap in my wardrobe here. The headdress is also so beautiful and actually matches really nicely with a skirt I was having trouble color matching. The ring and pouch are also super cute, I know I’ll get a lot of use out of both of them! Thank you so much, you and the other anon who stepped up to make sure I got a gift have really understood my style so well and gotten me the perfect gifts. Thank you again, I can’t wait to coord this dress!
>>
File: EDBGBEkVUAAXf5P.jpg (380 KB, 1169x1169)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>10740639
Glad to hear it arrived safely! Thank you for taking such a nice photo of it. I hope it works out well in coords. I was worried my style might be a bit too different from yours, so I tried to choose something really versatile that can be dressed up or down. Have a wonderful year, and I hope you can participate again next year.
>>
Sorry I may be a bit spammy I just wanted to say that I tried wearing the socks >>10720246 today, I met an acquaintance today and for the special occasion I put on the socks. It's still a bit cold to wear shorts and have them be visible, so I'll still not use them much for a while to not wear them out before anyone can see them. They were really soft.

Also, I may not have realized before but my wallet also perfectly matches the socks, backpack and sweater.

And I've wanted to say this for a really long time:
>>10720414
>>10720441
>>10720560
The eyes also glow in the dark! It's not something you get to experience unless you trigger it on purpose, but it's so cool that it is there!

>>10729157
Regarding the backpack, at this point I'm almost certain that it's lost in the mail, and I'm so frustrated, I was pretty happy with it all things considered, argh.
>>
>>10712384
I have been regretting giving you such a bad response to your response.
I hope you've gotten some use out of the reflector, at the time I was thinking that you could never have too many, but then I actually got a couple myself and they were hard to use properly, it just kept falling off my backpack, at least with the needle, maybe it wouldn't if I tied it instead.
Yes, I like the performance and efficiency of the A220, and I also like that it didn't sacrifice passenger comfort. The 787 has some of the same appeal as A220 in that it's very modern and opens new possibilities, but they just give way too much to the airlines at the cost of passenger comfort. And the A220 is probably a bit cuter and cooler, the 787 has nice looking wings though, but another thing I admire about the A220 is the decision to use exposed wheels. (Forgive me if I say anything wrong, I'm just a casual when it comes to planes)
I haven't actually tried the Hello Kitty candy myself, but I'm glad you liked at least the ones with orange taste.
What I thought was very cool about the Nayuta anime was the pacing, it really feels like a dream with how it's paced, things just happen and suddenly things you've forgotten about are brought back, it felt like a unique experience, also it was my first exposure to a non-ironic use of the espers vs aliens trope, which I found interesting.
And I'm glad that you liked the Pokemon charm, I just saw your mention that you didn't want fandom merch and was like "I've made a mistake", it's good that you found a use for it!

But one other thing, I don't want to nag, but if you've received your part 2, I'd really appreciate if you made a post mentioning it. You don't have to post a picture if you don't want to, but I've promised that you'll get a part 2, and at some point I feel that I need to start looking for a replacement if it's lost.
Not yet though, it hasn't even been 3 months and it could just be slow, but at some point in not too long.
>>
#8391, I'm not sure if you check the thread anymore, but you never posted the card I sent you along with some gifts, so I wanted to check if you ever got it. The package had socks and earrings from your wishlist, and it stopped tracking for me when it reached your country.
>>
#8391, I'm >>10743249 and even if you haven't received anything, I need to know, otherwise I'll have to assume you've quit /cgl/.

>>10744328
>socks
uh
>>
Still haven't received any of my two cards yet, and honestly by this time I have little hope for post to finally deliver them :( If you were my card match for #1713 and maybe managed to take a picture of the card before shipping it out I'd really love to see it! It would be pretty sad if it's lost forever!
>>
>>10747216
I think a lot of people were grinched out of cards. The organizers said that it was taken care of before the grinch check, so my theory is that if it was just one person taking care of all the cards that weren't sent, if they sent the cards at the same time maybe there was something wrong with that shipment from their post office so all the grinch replacement cards were lost.
I haven't received any card either, only signed up for one though but still.
>>
>>10747216
>>10748886
Same here, I never received my card that was meant to be a replacement
>>
When will everyone start to talk about what should be changed in future events? I have some requests for things I really think should be changed in the FAQ.
Is anyone still waiting for their gift from the grinch squad (or from their original santa)?
>>
>>10751873
the organizers need to be changed
>>
>>10751873
Still waiting
>>
>>10751873
Please send the requests through to cglsecretsanta2018@gmail.com I can add it to a doc for whoever takes over to read

>>10751911
I agree! If you would like to volunteer for this year please email me as well and I can run you through all the old docs.

>>10752031
Please can you also email me!

Sorry guys, I have tried to keep on top of this, but most people have gone silent which makes it really difficult. I know everyone is sick of us being organisers by now and I really do want to hand the event over to someone, so if anyone wants to take over please message me and I can send you everything and help you go over docs if you want.
>>
>>10752046
There's probably a decent chance I'll get banned if someone other than me takes over the event. I don't feel like I can do it though, it's too scary, what if it's too difficult or just too much work for me to be able to do. Also I'd be stuck with it indefinitely because no one would take over. So I don't think I can do it. However, if no one is willing and it's absolutely necessary that it's me for the event not to die, maybe I could make an attempt. I'd rather just maybe be a helper though, if I had do do something.
But someone a lot of people wants banned probably shouldn't be an organizer anyway.

>>10752046
I will send an email with the requests then!
>>
>>10752059
>There's probably a decent chance I'll get banned if someone other than me takes over the event
Why would you get banned, what did you do?
>>
>>10752075
I'm a male and I don't wear lolita. Many want to make the event more exclusive, they could make rules that make it impossible for me to join. So it'd not be a personal ban, but to make an event where no one is disappointed with who they get.
>>
>>10752077
But it's not a lolita exclusive event, is it? I've always thought of it as more of a general /cgl/ gift exchange, so I don't think that would be fair.
>>
>>10752046
Imagine crawling back when someone tells you that you suck.
>>
>>10752103
They're much better than anyone else, who hasn't even done anything.
>>
>>10752103
Stop being mean or I'll call the secret Santa police
>>
>>10752107
No one else did anything because these crossboarder redditors took over. Now grow up and put your trip back on.
>>
>>10752107
anon, they disappeared when they were supposed to clean up grinchings...
>>
>>10752103
Imagine moaning about an event but not volunteering to make it better

>>10752113
I have 1 giftee as marked as being "grinched" which has been dealt to. Believe it or not there are still gifts being returned/ reshipped and stuck in transit. I'm not sure what the Anon above hasn't received but I will happily deal with it myself if they email me.

Anyways, repeating what I said, I won't be hosting this year (so you can all go ahead and celebrate). I encourage those complaining to step up and take over the event, but if you continue complaining/ throwing insults it is going to discourage anyone new from doing it and there won't be an event at all. I am a frequent Gull so when time comes to start the SecretSanta again just make a thread and drop an email and I am happy to pass off all the docs we have.
>>
>>10752137
once a prick, always a prick.
>>
>>10752137
Jesus, stop being so passive aggressive.
>>
I had already in the small started thinking about and preparing for this year's event, but the uncertainty about the event's future makes me question if that's a very good idea :(
I think I should probably just go for it? I can't buy anything expensive when I don't know what my giftees want anyway, so even if it doesn't happen I'll still only have wasted a tiny bit of money?
(And I'm not blaming anyone)
>>
Bump
>>
>>10747216
Hey #1713, the card I sent just got returned to me. I can take a photo when I get home this weekend. I would resend but sadly there is no postal service from me to you right now.
>>
>>10761065
Ah that's such a pity, I've checked the mailbox religiously all the time... Thank you in advance! Should I post the email address for you here?
>>
>>10761311
Sure, I can email you!
>>
>>10761347
Pls feel free to contact me via holy1hooli@gmail.com
>>
If I quit cosplay, then I won't be able to join the next event. I have to force myself to keep cosplaying, or to get into j-fashion.
>>
It's probably pointless to bump this thread anymore, my giftee may not post anyway, but if I let it die I might regret it later.
>>
bump
>>
"Soon"
>>
>stop bumping the thread!
It just needs to stay up for a little bit longer
>>
When does the next one start?
>>
>>10791126
Typically it's started at some point in October, but it depends on new organizers. Last year's organizers quit, so if no one steps up, there won't be any Secret Santa this year, and if someone takes over they may choose to change the start date.

If I'm to make a wild, somewhat pessimistic guess, no one will take over, and then in late November someone will notice that there is no Secret Santa, so they'll quickly try to throw something together and the whole thing will be a huge mess.
>>
I get with anything like this there will be complaints since it is all volunteering, but I hope someone will continue it. I have enjoyed it for three years and would love to continue swapping gifts with gulls around the globe.
>>
1841 to 8451 Not sure what happened but your card was sent back again. This time it was marked return to sender. According to the post office that means someone at the address declined to accept it. That's a bummer but I hope next year works out better for you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.