[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 127 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: what.png (57 KB, 1692x178)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Link to old thread: >>10684026

Post wtfs and general fuckery found in the cesspool known as the 2nd hand market
>>
this just popped up on mercari, quite possibly the worst replica I have ever seen
>>
File: 1417478427.jpg (69 KB, 640x640)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Selling a novelty for 2000 yen? What a joke. You shouldn't sell the free gifts you recieve.
>>
There are more Sugary Carnival scalpers. When will it end?
>>
This should probably go in the general, but it hit the dump limit:

Anyone else get an email from Wunderwelt for a survey? It's supposed to give 300 points but I can't access it because the form "can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization."
The technical side of WW continues to be poor.
>>
>>10705263
I accessed it fine about an hour ago
>>
>>10705278
Yeah I can access it now, but I had to message them. I tried the link as soon as the email came out so I guess there were issues.
>>
>>10705254
>salty poorfag
>>
>>10704746
>faggots who won't ship outside the US

yes i am mad about something reasonable, do i care? no. will i vent my frustrations about it here? yes
>>
>>10705301
Haha I came here to post this. I guess you too wanted to snatch blouses from that Orgegon seller.
It's funny because you literally never have people refusing to ship outside of Canada or Europe.
>>
>>10705315
>you literally never have people refusing to ship outside of Canada or Europe.

Most Canadians will ship outside of Canada yes but tons of Europeans have stuff limited within Europe or even just their own home country all the time. International shipping is pricey.
>>
>>10705320
When I sold on other platforms, my sales always died when I gave shipping estimates for outside of the US. Some people really don't want to shell out of shipping and I don't blame them.
>>
>>10705315
Yeah, they have so many items I want to snatch it's frustrating

>>10705320
Why do people care about international shipping being pricey if the buyer is paying for it though?
>>
>>10705323
Yeah, it's a super nonsense reason. If I want an item badly enough I'll pay the shipping, don't decide for me what I can afford.
>>
>>10705323
Anon doesn't know what they are talking about. There's a lot less accountability when it goes across the ocean and could potentially get lost or tracking dropping off in other countries. Sellers don't want to take the risk.
>>
>>10705325
There's that too but the price is an issue even if the buyer pays because as someone said every time the buyer hears the international shipping price they change their mind and no one feels like wasting time looking up shipping quotes for people who beg for them and never buy.

Same goes for the other way around. People ghost Euro sellers after the shipping quote is too high too often enough. Anyone finds that annoying and to avoid dealing with it they just ship within their continent or country so they can be confident they know the shipping is within a certain range and don't have to fuck with people who don't actually want (or can't afford the shipping for) the item.

Plus like you said the accountability aspect and if/when when shit goes missing or gets damaged and the buyer didn't want to pay extra to add insurance they're of course not gonna just take the L even if your profile says something isn't your responsibility once shipped. They'll use PayPal claims to get their money back and then you're out of a dress.
>>
>>10705330
>they're of course not gonna just take the L even if your profile says something isn't your responsibility once shipped. They'll use PayPal claims to get their money back and then you're out of a dress.

This is the real reason. Happens way too often and many foreign mail services have the reputation here to constantly steal and "lose" shit. It's the reason it's common not to sell to various countries in other hobby or vintage resale circles too, it's not just lolita, back when ebay wasn't just flooded with taobao resellers you would see it very often.
>>
Uhhhhh isn't that an iron cross...?
>>
>>10706073
Fucking kek
>>
>>10706073
Yep lol
>>
>>10706073
> inspired beret
People need to stop selling their handmades on lacemarket
>>
>>10705330
I used to ship overseas but there’s still way too much general postal service fuckery going on since last year and I don’t want to risk it. I’ve had packages get lost on the way to me too.
Also domestic shipping is a lot easier because I can just use those priority flat rate boxes and factor the shipping in to my selling price, no need for back and forth messages of shipping quotes.
>>
>>10706084
Nah, I’m pretty sure this is from Taobao and the seller didn’t make it.
>>
>>10705323
That's the thing - the buyer ghosts after they get their quote. I've had plenty of UK and Eurofags whine about the cost of shipping so they demand a lower price with no tracking and shipping. THEN they cry if it gets lost. To hell with y'all.
>>
>>10705254
you can sell whatever tf you want lol
>>
>>10705258
Do you really think this is a huge markup?
>>
>>10706102
Ayrt, whining about the cost of shipping and demanding a lower price only to cry when they took that risk is stupid, sure. I don't think the 'buyer' ghosting is that bad though, that feels standard to me. If the quote ends up being $50+ then on some items that probably just isn't worth it.

I guess I've just had very good buyers and have faith in people to not be dicks. Still frustrating though, as >>10705315 said I rarely see people refusing to ship outside of Canada and Europe. Is USPS international shit or something
>>
Does anybody know of a secondhand store for like general j-fashion like listen flavor or 6%dokidoki? I can only find Lolita secondhand and occasionally punk stuff.
>>
>>10706231
maybe you can try mercari or yja using a proxy, if you're fine with buying from japan
>>
>>10706160
>Is USPS international shit or something
I think it's more that we don't trust the post hand over in other countries.
>>
>>10706236
This. Also a good few Europeeans don't ship outside Europe or even their own small country. I've seen it and been disappointed a couple times but you kinda just get over it instead of seething that people don't want to risk losing their $300+ dresses in the mail for you personally.
>>
What thought process do you have to think an mm dress looks strange so you cut off the petticoat lining and then never even wear the dress? I hope no one buys it because this is fucked up
>>
>>10706260
>like new
Jesus
>>
>>10706260

What the fuck is wrong with this girl's head.

I mean she has the right to do braindead shit but selling it "like new" is pissing me off.
>>
i'm dying at this
>>
>>10707668
She's retarded to think someone wants to wear her trash. Can't believe she wants to mail this in a box
>>
>>10707668
now i've seen it all
>>
>>10707668
this absolutely has to be a joke post, i refuse to believe that anyone on this earth would actually create this and wear it or think anyone else would
>>
File: why.png (2.85 MB, 1262x1270)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
>>10707680
nvm, apparently she got the idea from this, holy shit
>>
>>10706260
>just the thing you wanted
>>
>>10707668
>>10707683
Tell me you're cringe without telling me you're cringe.
>>
>>10707691
Can you stop using that catch phrase? You sound like an obese white teacher thats trying to get chummy with the black kids in her class and it's super cringe.
>>
>>10707693
Take your meds and go to bed grandma.
>>
>>10707694
You really need to expand your vocab. Like seriously this is embarrassed to witness second hand
>>
>>10707693
>>10707705
Good job typing all this to prove how uNbOtHeReD you are. Kek.
>>
>>10704746
anon plz post pics of this I need to see it
>>
>>10706231
kei market or mercari
>>
>>10707705
>this is embarrassed
Shut up ESL fag. You're quick to bitch about other people's words and grammar without knowing English yourself.
>>
you vs the girl she tells you not to worry about
>>
File: ap.png (636 KB, 752x619)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
"I altered the sleeves slightly to allow larger arms but they could easily be resewn closed again."
fatties have no shame
>>
>>10708974
Does she really think this to be SLIGHTLY altered?
>>
>>10709022
It's a hideous "alteration", but it would be pretty easy to fix anon.
>>
>>10708974
if your arms are so fat you have to slash sleeves open, you need to either lose weight or buy something else, holy shit.
>>
>>10709048
this piece is already huge fully shirred in front and back too, as well as arms. she listed this as 'very good' condition kek. that said it's not hard to fix.
>>
>>10709048
Idk, I'm kind of muscular and sometimes elastics on puff sleeves are kinda tight around the arms. There's probably nicer ways to open up the sleeves though.
>>
Look like literal garbage for only $145 BIN
>>
>>10705109
Oh god, I used to have this exact same dress when I was 14.
>>
>>10709059
No girl you’re just kinda fat
>>
>>10709891
NTA, AP's arm elastic is tight as fuck. My arms are 18cm at most and my bicep hurts after a few hours.
>>
>>10709892
This. It also irritates the holy fuck out of my skin.

>>10709878
This HAS to be kink wear right?
>>
>>10709892
I have literally never had this problem in any of ap arm elastics and it’s not scratchy??
I’m not even skelly status
>>
>>10708089
The handmade one is cute though
>>
>>10709891
noooo people can't weight lift nooo they have to be fatties noooo
>>
>>10709878
garbage baglita
>>
>>10709908
Good for you. You are in the minority.
>>
>>10709919
Imagining that everyone has chonky arms like you is such a cope
>>
>>10709892
i’ve never had issues with AP arm elastic... BTSSB blouse elastic is scratchy as hell though...
>>
>>10709936
Bro my arms are smaller than the max AP measurements for most of their blouses and the elastic is still uncomfortable. Piss off anachan.
>>
>>10707691
You guys have no sense of humor at all.
>>
>>10709903
>This HAS to be kink wear right?
Pretty much looks like it. Gross they are putting that on lm
>>
>>10709961
>smaller than the max
...you know you need some allowance for comfort right? Kek. If you aren't at least 4 to 5 cm under it's going to be tight, duh.
If it's scratchy put some of that anti chafe cream or moisturiser on your arm.

I'm a healthy average weight, seethe harder.
>>
>>10709961
NGL, the blouses I have that are relatively new bag on me with the elastic. Are you buying old AF second hand blouses?
>>
>>10709998
May be she is an old schooler
>>
>>10709998
If they're secondhand the elastic would be more likely to be worn or stretched out and less tight than a brand new elastic sleeve/coffee though, wouldn't it?
>>
>>10710006
*cuff, not coffee. I need to stop phoneposting
>>
>>10710006
Not necessarily. First the new sizes are larger, and second elastic is usually heat sensitive, so things like ironing can tighten it, or even just sitting around scrunched up while the fabric of the garment shrinks. Only wear and hanging stretch out the elastic, or like some kind of injury.
>>
Lolita pieces do tend to have small arm holes.

Idk if japanese woman have smaller arms than your average western woman, but I know a lot of lolitas who struggle with arm sizes, myself included and I am on the lower side of a healthy bmi and never had this problem with non japanese clothing.

There’s not much you can do to be comfortable besides altering because even if you get thinner, you will have to go for a smaller dress or blouse with smaller arm holes so that it will be able to fit your bust and waist properly.
>>
>>10709997
Are you retarded or just ESL? I already said my arms are well under the max measurements. The elastic is pulled tight on some of the blouses. Learn to read next time.
>>
>>10710023
>Idk if japanese woman have smaller arms than your average western woman

they do, japanese women are usually much smaller than an average western woman by far
>>
>>10710134
Forgot to say that I was talking about their arms being proportionally smaller, meaning western woman usually having larger arms than japanese woman that have all the other measurements in common.
>>
>>10710134
I think it's because the average height there is shorter as well and just different proportions. A western (let's say white) person who is thin may still have too large shoulders or arms or ribs compared to a Japanese woman who technically fits the same clothing size. I fit other Japanese clothing fine but can't buy pants because of the way they're proportioned even when my measurements should work. It's not crazy to think people might also have this problem with their torso.
>>
File: wtblisting.jpg (104 KB, 794x764)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>
Anyone ever have Paypal put the payment on hold for no reason when getting money sent to you for a sale? I'm finding this relatively weird because I never had this happen before and the person already didn't have any history.
>>
File: Capture.png (112 KB, 353x468)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
so uh who is gonna tell them you can literally get it right now for retail
>>
>>10705301
>>10705315
Maybe express to the person that you’re willing to pay whatever the costs?

Seriously I don’t blame any American lolita not wanting to ship overseas right now. Between price, slight difficulty with the forms and our shipping nightmare, they’re doing you a favor
>>
>>10710457
Ok this is sad. This happened with my favorite hoodie….

But to beg like this?
Come on girl have some dignity, it’s bad enough you passed out…..
>>
>>10710572
They express in all of their listings that messages about international shipping will be ignored unfortunately.
>>
>>10710596
can you imagine turning down some money just because you don’t wanna do some paperwork kek

Oh well. I hope whatever it is you’re looking for, you find it and a reasonable seller
>>
>>10710599
It's more than the paperwork. I refuse to sell to Canadians and Euros because they expect what they bought in under a week. Some psycho in the UK left me negative feedback because shipping was slightly delayed from rona.

They also beg for the item to be marked as a gift because they want to evade customs. I understand why but if the item goes missing, as a seller, you wouldn't get a refund. You'd be surprised by how many people demand a refund when say you can't mark the customs form down.
>>
>>10710557
Hahaha. Maybe they think their bags are worth that much. Kinda offtopic I saw it sitting on the site yesterday and asking myself if I should buy. Wondering if it's worth the price after the complaints I heard about it
>>
>>10710605
Remember that people love to complain, especially on cgl. It isnt a proper way to know if something is shit because no one really does the opposite here.

IG will never sell under retail but I think if you want it, retail is the best deal you can get.
>>
>>10710607
>IG will never sell under retail
nu mmm is shit, i doubt that trend will continue for long.
>>
>>10710599
Some of us aren't so broke that we need to go out of our way for money when someone else will buy the thing anyway. I used to ship internationally but as someone already said, people trying to skirt customs are annoying and entitled. If you can't afford the customs fees you can't afford the dress.
>>
>>10710604
Are people actually this unreasonable? I know I wouldn't do any of this shit especially with shipping or if you asked to mark down. I usually ask to mark down the value but offer to pay the remainder amount that was marked down through F&F and only the declared amount with G&S. They often don't need that but appreciate the offer.

Maybe you should try give it a shot for those with good feedback and have bought from the US a few times before. I know there are some psychos out there but I'd like US fags to have a bit more faith in us lol.

>>10710614
I don't know, sometimes customs can be harsh. ~70 euros is whatever but I've had customs at 150+ euros. I could buy another dress with that. I'd prefer to maybe risk losing 50 euros because it wasn't insured over almost definitely shelling out 150 for customs.
>>
>>10710607
I think you bought this IG release and are just trying to defend it to the death. It's more than likely they would release a fitted version, maybe on better fabric because that dress is going to crack to shit.

Keep on justifying it, but when that print is cracked and gross -- it'll hardly go for 100$
>>
>>10710573
Dignity? Sis is looking to buy a dress on a dress buying site, there is nothing weird or wrong about this
>>
personally i don't think there is anything wrong with WTB posts like you are literally trying to commence a secondhand transaction faster than waiting whenever the hell for said dress to show up on the site

idk i genuinely don't see the problem
>>
>>10710685
They're fine on socials or sales groups that allow or are made for them, but on LM or places made for listing things for sale they clog up the site.
>>
>>10710667
It’s more like I think that assumption has no bias in reality. None of the newer dresses have prints cracking, and there isn’t a reason to think that beyond one Anons hangup.

If silent moon and neo gothic arch are still at least retail now so will this. It’s delusional to think it will ever hit 100. Even non shirred skirts hit above that.
>>
>>10710685
they're not allowed on LM, that's the problem. LM is not a buy-sell-trade type of place, it's mainly for selling, maybe trading
>>
>>10710715
>>10710667
truly don't get this argument, literally anything with fucking moi meme moitie slapped on it is AT LEAST $150 unless its a dumb card case/random non piece
>>
>>10710653
Ayrt, the international buyers had positive feedback. The majority are just demanding in general. My sales haven't slumped since I stopped shipping overseas so I don't intend to sell outside of the US for now.
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (121 KB, 645x645)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Once again, people need to make it known their shit taste
>>
File: 1576288212889.jpg (32 KB, 500x375)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Sorry if I'm asking to be spoonfed here but how is the western secondhand market doing right now?
I've really not kept up with anything lolita related in nearly 2 years, and I haven't looked at lacemarket at all during that time. I want to sell off a bunch of dresses and other clothes that aren't my style anymore. Is it a seller's market right now? What is the norm for prices compared to a few years ago?
Idk if it matters but I have mostly Baby and Innocent World, nothing especially coveted but not the cheapest dresses around either. Old school and classic styles for the most part.

I don't mean to rip people off, I want to price my stuff fairly but I just don't want to sell for way less than the current market value.
>>
>>10712016
Its doing decently for any type of old school. The IW stuff might sit for a while but if you look up past sales for the baby stuff you could definitely price it a little higher and still sell.
>>
>>10712018
Alright, thanks! The old school stuff is tricky because a lot of it either hasn't been sold on lacemarket before, or it sold once for a ridiculously low price in 2014 because the old school comeback hadn't happened yet so nobody wanted it.
I figured IW sales might still be slow since they had been for a pretty long while. I'm kind of kicking myself for buying all my classic at the height of the OTT classic era, but that's what I get for being a sheep I guess.

How do smaller/casual Japanese brands like Algonquins, Putumayo, Fint sell nowadays? Is the western market for those still dead or is it actually worth something now?
>>
>>10712018
>>10712023
lmao as I was typing this post an oldschool btssb blouse that I uploaded to lacemarket literally three minutes ago already sold for the bin price, guess I was definitely underpricing my stuff
>>
>>10712024
desu I'd recommend putting the old school stuff that hasn't sold on LM before as auction, old school can go really high
>>
>>10712016
Hope you ship to the EU, both your classic and old school stuff sounds right up my alley.
>>
>>10712130
>Hope you ship to the EU
Never, you customs-dodging whores
>>
>>10712023
I personally love putumayo but won't buy for a high price since it sells fairly cheaply on japanese secondhand sites. Bought a lot of jsks, blouses, skirts, etc. bnwt For $20-40
>>
>>10711073
How could you ruin pikes like this these are ugly jfc I hate pastel goths
>>
>>10712134
Of course, gotta support highway robbery as long as it's the government doing it.
>>
>>10712178
You at least get affordable healthcare and post secondary education in exchange. In America the government will never lift a finger for basic shit like that but will spend infinite money on corporations.
>>
>>10712186
So that's what this is about? Okay
>>
Gen z lolitas don't wash things, more at ten
>>
>>10712190
Yes, every American who won't ship internationally is just butthurt and seething over everyone else in the first world having reasonably priced healthcare and education access and is trying to punish you all to make ourselves feel better. Literally.
>>
>>10712203
I'm unfortunately Gen Z (well the older gen z, not the trash that are teens and pre-teens now) and always wash things, especially secondhand. I noticed that lolitas unboxing on YT tend to just try things on before washing or put used shoes on their bed which makes me shiver.
>>
>>10712397
>not the trash that are teens and pre-teens now
Kek do you not understand what it was like to be a teenager? They're not complete people yet so of course they're cringe, they're children. Doesn't mean they're all trash.

I'm also older Gen Z and you sound like those pickme-esque millennials that loved claiming how they're nothing like those other shitty millennials as a defense mechanism.
>>
>>10712203
Why are they both telling on themselves that they don't wash their secondhand items ewwwww
>>
>>10712402
I can't even be bothered to explain, but you can look up what's wrong about them online. I wasn't talking about teens/tweens in general, I was talking about the younger gen, including alpha. I've had to babysit many people from these gens and it's just sad how they are.
>>
>>10712203
There are disgusting people everywhere
>>
I don't understand people who message on lacemarket asking whether I will mark prices down on an item, otherwise they'll go buy it from the japanese secondhand market.

Like ok? Go do that? If that's a better deal why are you asking me lol.
>>
If it's been over a week since someone said they'd ship something, and I reached out another time but they haven't replied to any of my messages, what should I do? Is there an appropriate amount of time to wait before checking in again? There's nothing in their profile to hint at a hplifay related delay and they have good feedback, and I really want the item, not a refund, so I don't want to upset them or anything...
>>
>>10712465
They don't actually have a listing for whatever they're trying to buy off you anywhere else they're just trying to scare you into selling for less as if that's the way supply/demand even works
>>
>>10712397
Well I always wash items before I list them for sale so if they bought from me they’re OK kek.
>>
>>10712465
This >>10712478. Shitty customers pull this shit in retail stores too. No one who ever asks for a mark down or a price match is trying to do the seller a favor, although they all seem to think they are.

>>10712476
The seller could still be delayed by holiday season busyness or something else on their plate that they haven't posted about. There really isn't an "appropriate" amount of time to wait when a seller doesn't do things within promised timeframes. It's up to you to give them the benefit of the doubt and continue waiting, or not.
>>
>>10712476
I just had a buyer who went silent for a couple weeks too, turns out they were in the hospital... completely forgot there's a higher than normal possibility for that these days.
>>
File: Capture.png (137 KB, 392x634)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>10710557
it keeps happening literally just go get it right now for retail
>>
>>10712941
My guess is people don't want to pay the shipping fee. But, in reality shipping is free from wunderwelt atm
>>
>>10712957
Since when? WW only ever does free shipping inside Japan.
>>
>>10712967
Its a promo for right now.
>>
>>10712957
>>10712967
>>10712968
Also there is a promo that drops 30$ off the price as well.
>>
File: luckypack.jpg (218 KB, 1080x1107)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
The "nothing suits me" part makes it feel like this person knows what's in their lucky pack, doesn't like it, but still wants to pawn it off full price to someone else without telling anyone what's in it? That's the vibe I get anyway.
>>
>>10713073
It seems very clear to me that the seller did open it, knows what's in it, and is choosing to sell it as a "mystery" to maintain its value. If she thinks the contents are shit or knows that most pieces have little aftermarket value, it's way less of a hassle to sell it this way. I don't blame her, and I don't think it's scummy if she truly hasn't worn or removed any items from the original bag.
>>
>>10713091
Not scummy neccesarily. Just amusing cause this means you know it's not worth buying the lucky packs from AP kek.
>>
>>10713073
>>10713091
I'm not sure, but I'm certain this is against the ToS for LM.. She has to present the items in the bag to sell them..
>>
>>10713093
the bag is the item
>>
>>10713116
I've seen in the past that this stuff doesn't fly on LM. You're technically selling what's in the bag not the bag, there's no way to know what is in the bag, which makes it a scary scammer loop hole if you let these things fly on a marketplace. I get you want to be able to also sell a mystery pack of garbage on LM, but I'm pretty certain this is against the ToS.
>>
>>10713123
It's gone now
>>
I'm going to start a lolita trading scrapbook for all the stickers I get and what item I got the sticker from.

I've already got a good amount from all the sellers on LM to start.
>>
>>10715554

I also do this! I have a scrap book of saved notes from sellers. I also keep tags. Got any photos?
>>
>>10715554
I've never gotten stickers or cute extras with my LM orders, at most a thank you note once or twice. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>10716583
It is more rare these days,but what are you buying, from who, and do you send bites and extras to others? More expensive stuff generally gets a better chance of a note or goodie. Even better chance if you send out stuff to others. If someone buys from me and the sends stickers and I notice? I'm sending stickers and a note to them. Sometimes I get packets of instant coffee flavors from Japan, perfume samples that smell nice, paper stars, small jewelry pieces, etc. I send key chains, stickers,charms,wig caps, a free shirt once,and so on.
Last ditch effort, you could hint lightly at it when messaging a seller during address confirmation stage, but keep it light.and understand you might.bit get it. It's really all up to lucky desu.
>>
Is she really charging $50 to fill out a customs form???
>>
>>10716673
Let me guess, an American? Can't imagine a euro asking to be paid for the 5 minutes they'll spend filling out a customs form
>>
>>10705301
I've had US only sellers ship items to me (EU fag) just by asking extra nicely.
>>
>>10716673
I fucking hate Americans on LM so much
>>
>>10716673
Good for her. Let's see if that deters all the international piss babies.
>>
>>10715554
Don't forget the thank notes from sellers
>>
File: STOP.png (10 KB, 486x236)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I stg, this bitch is responsible for half the spam in my inbox. Nobody is going to buy that crap, burn it
>>
>>10716673
Which seller is this?
>>
>>10717125
probably unpopular opinion but I wish LM barred you from listing an item more than a certain amount of times without requiring a price drop or something. If you still want to sell your item for more than anyone will pay you should at least have to wait a couple months between listings, I'm tired of seeing the same overpriced crap listed for 55th time.
>>
>>10717229
Hardcore agree. I've seen people relisting shit for literally YEARS at the same price over and over. Just lower the goddamn price
>>
>>10717271
Sometimes they do lower the price substantially and no one will buy it. Just get over it and wait till they give up or someone whose taste it is buys it.
>>
>>10712203
That user name though.
>>
>>10717229
>>10717271
>>10717290
>Just get over it and wait till they give up or someone whose taste it is buys it.
This.
>>
File: Justbuythedamndressthen.jpg (317 KB, 1080x720)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>wastes time by messaging seller to reserve item when they could have just clicked the BIN
Is this person 12? I swear... some people in this fashion are so stupid. If you don't have money at the moment, you need to accept that others will grab items faster than you. It's an extremely competitive market. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller got someone else to buy the dress just so they didn't have to put it on hold or deal with a payment plan.
>>
>>10717792
What site is this?
>>
>>10717858
Probably Reddit.
>>
>>10717858
>>10717873
Yep, I forgot to mention, but it's Reddit.
>>
>>10717912
imagine using reddit. of course you will find brainless lolitas like this on reddit.
>>
>>10717914
I saw a post on there where redditors told a girl who posted Lolita to her fetish blog that she did nothing wrong.
>>
What's worse gulls, selling a lucky pack without revealing the contents you know no one wants/likes, or selling just the free bag from a lucky pack without the contents at a markup?
>>
>>10718097
god. eugh.
>>
>>10717792
People on Lace Market will never cease to amaze me. I commented on her post but she deleted it. She messaged me for a hold on an item that was marked as "doesn't ship to the US". She said it was her DD so I thought I can make an exception because I know how it feels. As I was editing the listing to reserve it for her, she messaged me saying she can actually buy it right away but I had to get back to work from my lunch break. Before I could take my phone out to edit the listing again, someone from Europe has already bought the dress, which I didn't expect to happen bc the listing has already been up for a day and not many people were interested. The dress was Sugary Carnival btw and I'm very confused, because there's listings of it popping up constantly. Anyways... don't go back and forth with reservations and waste sellers time if you really want something and then act entitled when you miss out.
>>
>>10718437
the first, obviously? there’s nothing wrong with selling the bag- people do that even for non lolita lucky bags. what do you think they should do, give it to you for free?
>>
>>10718535
Nah I think the first is too, it just seems kinda weird cause they went through the effort of advertising the leftover bag as special and "not sold in stores or online" as if it was some exclusive piece when Q-Pot literally did sell them online, as the container for the lucky packs; I bought a lucky pack for the contents and got the same bag.

It's not awful, just gives me the vibes of those people who title their listing "ULTRA RARE" and mark up the price on something undesirable.
>>
>>10718550
In all honesty I see a lot of Japanese people sell lucky packs, the actual lucky pack bag and things from lucky packs online saying it's not actually sold to customers in the store so I don't think it's a problem? I mean they all paid for it and it's selling so it has a value
>>
>>10718535
This. Some chick not long ago was selling Alice and the pirates brand bag apron and I've seen so many "rare" brand carrier bags for sale. So whatever. I'm more bothered about AP scalpers
>>
>>10718482
Wow. The fact it was SC makes this five times worse. Don't feel bad, anon.
There's tons of SC listings and there was literally just an MTO. The person on Reddit must really be stupid and out of touch. Sounds like someone who joined the fashion a week ago and picked a popular dress as her ~dream dress~ because that was the "cool" thing to do.
>>
Some stuff on Lacemarket has been relisted for years like that qpot fur bracelet. I think I'd just accept the fact that no one wants it and I'd just lower the price or throw it in with something else
>>
>>10718482
Only make reservations on listings that you don't care that much for basically (or have the money ready). I'm sorry about their rudeness
>>
>>10718482
it was sugary carnival… and they couldn’t just buy it from one of the tons of listings in the states?? they wanted to pay for the shipping from europe???? i can’t even begin to comprehend what was going on in their head. sorry u had to deal with that, anon.
>>
>>10718629
Theres a lot of difficult especially buyers on there and it can get frustrating. I wish there were a subtle blacklist that stops users from buying from you
>>
Good god, do you gulls think this is Big Bertha or is this a man????
>>
Share your best and worst sales or purchases specially on Lacemarket. I'm intrigued also you rarely hear good experiences
>>
>>10718641
Sounds to me that they're plus size. No idea about the gender as some women are very tall especially if they're that large
>>
>>10718607
I can't imagine re-listing the same item for over maybe 2 months max without thinking, "hey maybe no one wants this at this price." There's one dress on my watchlist that kept getting discounted last year that's currently listed even higher and it's like wow you really learned absolutely nothing.

Maybe I just caught a bad streak, but the number of new lm listings without lolibrary links or measurements is like...do you want people to buy this? And why the hell don't people put the damn shoe size in the listing title?? It's 2021 yet every other user on lm acts like they've only been online for 5 minutes before in their life and have no idea what pictures or info is helpful for buyers.
>>
>>10718641
no man unless they're absolutely huge should have a bust or waist of 120cm
>>
I feel sorry for the milky chan brown jsk seller as they've sold their dress twice already and they've had annoying buyers. I wasnt surprised that the first one backed out knowing how particular they are.
>>
>>10718648
I think some sellers are very adamant about their sale price and then others are just a little lazy
>>
>>10718655
I hope it's a typo otherwise I worry that they're like those people on that 600lb show or however big they are
>>
>>10718659
Based on people I've met IRL who are fat and in lolita they're more like 250-300 lbs range.
>>
>>10718641
lmao a literal fridge bod
>>
>>10718642
I've bought something from a seller and got two free AP coats from the time period I liked. It was pretty wild. Other than that I've gotten a free ap bangle before with a purchase.
>>
>>10718642
I got a dress at a great price from a seller and she included a free AP cardigan, 2 pairs AP socks and a pair of offbrand tights. I think she was cleaning house, listing her main items, and throwing all her accessories into packages to get rid of them rather than list them individually.
>>
>>10718606
Possibly. I went through her reddit history to confirm it's her and she had a post about it being her DD made 3 days ago. Originally I felt bad for her even though she was kinda impolite when messaging me, but the post pissed me off. I've been looking for my dream dress for 4 years now and have missed out multiple times because it was bought in the second the web page was refreshing when I clicked the BIN button. I think she can manage waiting longer than a week, lmao.
>>
>>10718761
oof. you deserve your DD, anon. maybe 2022 is the year.
>>
>>10718761
That happened to me with mine and it would rarely show up. I finally got my dd late last year after years of waiting. I believe your dd is coming soon!
>>
>>10718763
>>10718771
Thank you! After all this time I'm pretty calm about it. If I do get it soon, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If not, that's okay. I have plenty of beloved prints to wear in the meantime and I'm sure the wait will make it so much more special when I do finally get it!
>>
>>10718773
what dress is it, can i ask?
>>
>>10718804
It's the French Cafe apron skirt in navy. I love the print so much, it's so weird and cute and the apron cut matches the theme perfectly.
>>
File: unknown (1).png (111 KB, 793x656)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Their relationship must be going so great if they're comfortable trashing their girlfriend in an LM listing!
>>
>>10719125
holy hell, what a dumpster fire. can only be mental illness to cause someone to post this much shit about their gf
>>
>>10719125
this really reads as either she actually hates her gf or her gf likes being humiliated
>>
>>10719125
Holy shit, if it’s such trash why charge $500-$700 for it? Honestly the dress doesn’t look too bad, I don’t know what happened to the barrette though, it’s super faded.
>>
>>10719125
lmao why throw her gf under the bus like that?? she could've easily just said the dress was stained. I don't understand sellers who list their whole life story in their listings
>>
>>10719125
Only have to look at the sellers profile pic to get the full picture. I think she should edit the description, especially since she runs an indie brand.
>>
>>10719125
her “girlfriend” aka herself?
>>
>>10719149
I wonder.. I remember KSK had the MP SS in consignment last year, maybe that's the gf who bought it

pretty sure the ship has sailed on most 2010s AP going for above 1k in the West, outside of a few outliers in the last couple months. pandemmy stimmies dried up. I would be shocked if she gets a bid for $501
>>
>>10717229
I just wish you could block certain listings or sellers would fix this issue so easily cause it pisses me off so much to
>>
>>10719125
>>10719164
who was? I can't find the listing
>>
>>10719241
Milky Planet special set
>>
Is periwinkle sugary carnival worth over $2k now?
>>
>>10719293
>>10719293
It sold in October for $750 so it's worth some money but probably not that much, especially if there's no proof photos attached.
>>
>>10719293
It's probably a method of proposing higher selling price, maybe not as intended to sell by the original listing but it could open the floodgates for other sellers to list theirs at a higher premium too but obviously less than 2k+
>>
>>10719293
>>10719299
She's getting $0 because I just reported the listing and others should too. LM rules state you need at least one non-stock photo.
>>
File: noted-taking-notes.gif (1.29 MB, 498x371)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>10719331
>LM rules state you need at least one non-stock photo.

Thank you、I'll keep that in mind for next time.
>>
I’m having a seller conundrum and need thoughts.
>I see dress. Message seller about a possible payment plan.
>I get a message back from seller a while later, saying “yes okay, but paypal is going to take a lot of money from me…”
>Uh okay what? But whatever, it’s a dream dress and it works for me.
>Check listing.
>The price has increased.

I’m just. I can’t even imagine how scummy you have to be to pull that. I assume they thought I wouldn’t notice the price hike. The BIN option is now a good $20 more than it was, plus shipping. My plan is to ignore them and pretend this never happened, and buy my dream dress another time…
>>
>>10719365
I don't really get why the seller increased the price because Paypal's seller fees are a percentage + like 30 cents or something for each transaction (at least in the US).
But anon... you need to redefine how much you want your "dream dress." A $20 difference would not stop me if my DD was right in front of me. You could try asking the seller why the price went up, just to see if they have a better explanation. Are you sure the $20 isn't just a nonrefundable payment plan "fee"?
>>
>>10719378
It’s less the amount and more the underhanded behavior. I budgeted carefully with the price they gave me, so when they added $20 yeah, it did throw me off. And that adjusting the price to try and compensate for paypal fees is against ToS…
>>
>>10719379
Just an update, she basically said “I didn’t adjust the price” and then said “except when I changed the price because it was really low for some reason”. I’ll get the dress from someone else. Case closed…kek
>>
>>10719379
I would argue it, ultimately if it's your DD. Just be use a professional tone, because technically this is a business transaction for the seller. Realistically, if they gave you a price prior then you should just mention that. Give them a chance to make the sell, rather than just lose out. I know lolitas suck at socializing, but you still need to communicate and give them a bit of a chance.
>>
>>10719379
I understand being sketched out by the seller. I guess I would just give them a chance to explain themselves, and if they gave a stupid answer, then I'd call it a day.
But I've always thought LM played fast and loose with the PP fees rule. I charge PP fees to the buyer, I just don't tell them or specifically itemized it in the invoice. Most sellers just include PP fees in the price and stay quiet.
>>
>>10719384
I mentioned the price change and they played dumb, and honestly that’s enough to make me reconsider. They were selling my DD for a good price and then changed it without saying anything, and then played dumb. I’d rather wait and get it from someone trustworthy
>>
>>10719389
>I charge PP fees to the buyer, I just don't tell them or specifically itemized it in the invoice. Most sellers just include PP fees in the price and stay quiet.
Whenever I receive an invoice with any more than what I bid on LM that isn't shipping, I call them out. But I also confirm shipping prices before bidding if they don't have it listed, so many sellers have scammed me that way. List the dress for what you want to get from PayPal, don't add fees after.
>>
>>10719390
I just hope it's not a rare dress. Good luck, anon!

>>10719390
Oh yes. I agree. Maybe my wording was bad, but I include all fees and shipping in the LM price, right in the BIN. Sending an invoice with a higher price is a huge no-no.
>>
>>10719331
I reported it as well for that reason. Asking 3 grand and can't even take a proof picture beforehand? I want to see every individual thread for that much, good lord. Do the bare minimum if you expect me to pay above and beyond.
>>
>>10719397
Seriously though. I thought it was pretty ridiculous too. $2-3k is above many people's daily CC limits. I'm not calling my bank to get a special daily exception if a seller can't bother to confirm the dress hasn't been eaten by moths in storage.
>>
>>10719403
Are most people's cc limits really that low??? Mine is a 16k limit.
>>
>>10719404
No, I mean the daily spending limit specifically. Even if your credit limit is very high, most banks will not allow transactions during a single day to exceed $2-3k without special request/permission.
>>
>>10719404
>>10719405
Ignore me, I'm dumb. I forgot that mostly debit cards have daily spending limits and not CCs. But still, the seller was asking too much in general.
>>
Is mewsmews a scalper or someone with a shopping addiction? She’s selling a bunch of sought after stuff for high ass prices and and never seems to sell anything, the same stuff gets resisted for the same prices week after week.
>>
>>10719379
I've had sellers throw in the PayPal fees without mentioning it in the listing or in their profiles. It's shady but whatever. If the listing price includes the PP fees, newfags whinge about the item being too expensive for them and your listing winds up screenshotted here. I'm not going to cry over a measley extra $10.
>>
Anybody know who that chanyeolexo person is on Lacemarket and how do they have so many somewhat rare and/or high value NWT dresses? Do they buy multiples on the release dates or??
>>
>>10720240
They're Chinese scalpers, newfag.
>>
>>10720242
This "newfag" thought so but didn't want to label them as a scalper before I knew for sure. It's a shame so many scalpers practically hoard multiple dresses that could have been sold to actual lolitas
>>
>>10720240
I’ve bought from them before because they had my exact dream dress and I had enough money to pay slightly more for the ease (and not having to wait around for someone’s stained seconds)… the prices are definitely scalped but it’s not crazy expensive, they were very professional and communicative and the dress is legit and in the quality they promised. Don’t buy from scalpers if you can help it ofc but just thought I’d share my experience here because at least its not a scam
>>
>>10720243
likely they just have access to the chinese market, rather than hording. the chinese market has far more rares.
>>
>>10720266
I use the Chinese market too, so I think they might have just bought a lot of the same dresses over time
>>
Why do people like this believe their lumpy handmade with shit quality lace is worth like $125?
>>
Now that prices are slowly but surely coming back down, what do you all think will happen to the Rakuten scalper?
>>
does she realize you can get these on rakuten for like 12k or is she just out of her damn mind
>>
>>10721138
Definitely the latter. I was tempted to leave a comment warning people not to buy them, but realized she'd probably delete it anyway
>>
>>10721138
Wtf or just wait until la luice restocks them for ~6k yen. I thought she had reasonable prices for her other things but it seems she lost her mind
>>
>>10721138
Yeahhhh... I was hopeful for the release, then realized what the prices were. Insanity.
>>
>>10721138
Gloiresoleil has always been a scumbag scalper. She buys cheap old school items and resells them at well over 10x what she paid
>>
>>10721219
You just sound pretty bitter that you don’t have an old school plug Tbh. If you can’t afford her pricing then just don’t buy it?
>>
>>10721219
She does repair a lot of the items she sells, and most of her prices are reasonable even if it's pricier for what she paid when it was damaged. She is also just really sweet and nice to talk to, in Japanese or English.
>>
>>10721221
Yeah she’s plenty nice while she’s ripping you off. Lolitas are so damn gullible.
>>
>>10721348
alright what in the fucking hell

Honestly i have to hand it to her, if someone will buy it for that ridiculous price then more power to her
>>
Someone is selling AP's Dollhouse OP for 750 euros wtf
>>
>>10721779
it's desirable..but not that desirable. looks like japan second hand pricing desu
>>
>>10718657
they wanted way too much for it. though i do think it’s sold now, unless they just gave up.
>>
>>10721806
it's still up but everything the seller posted is extremely overprices
>>
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/roji-roji-little-candy-otk-socks-blue-d8a7ab15-be24-495e-ae64-71b10bf6f2bf

showing off your pink gun. real women arm themselves with black guns
>>
>>10722411
that’s a stock image from taobao idiot
>>
>>10722411
I don't appreciate your gun colorism anon all guns matter
>>
>>10722411
ANON YOU ABSOLUTE GOOBER
>>
>>10722412
probably taken by a weibo influencer, though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.