[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1629313693362s.jpg (11 KB, 250x245)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
My first time making a thread, old thread saged and I needed advice. Sorry if I forgot something.

>Please read the FAQ before posting in the thread (always updating)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PpDyjw2LDxbupdvHMNsBUOBVB66Lzwf44RM1You1GDA/edit?usp=sharing
>Resources
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10uNmynwRn6CRc-OMqCeXmJwCNnEnd-vYi-7AQzSx74I/edit?usp=sharing
>Artist Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESQ-1h4IRUivbGNaxJFxXyDU1lSv26xTmMdH0sDX7sU/edit?usp=sharing
>How to order from Vograce (now with video on how to set up files)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18UxKnpgrmeb82NnW5e4YIEX-eZ3zHt178Mp6i0A5gME/edit?usp=sharing
>Convention List (always WIP)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13o7hD5xS3sDqVptnTVGUlRae3ovEE-vPPST_QOrQwtM/
>IP taketowns (based on artists contribution, may or may not have been a one time thing, use as a guideline)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1696MDhNPhrZ0ySZhXkoJnGxb7l1OjW4JsVhu1wKvaWE
>AA Inspo (thanks anon!)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D19QV9nHwaY8AaNiEXZAAkEhkBTSsb01?usp=sharing

Anime Expo has been confirmed to take place July 1st-4th next year. Do you think people will be too afraid to go to a convention given the current severity of the delta variant, or do you think many people will want to "return to normalcy" and it'll end up being a massive turn out?
>>
Ok. So I donated items for a charity raffle at a con. The winner came back to my table and wanted to exchange the raffle prize for something else. WTF?!? What do? Has anyone else had this happen?
>>
Anyone else in a premium booth at AnimeNYC feel like it wasn’t worth the extra $500?
>>
>>10700423
jsyk op, that artist spreadsheet link has been dead for a while. we should probably stop adding it to the op of the threads.

>>10700424
tell them they can't exchange it. the raffle rules should have something about how the winner can't exchange their prize so just point to that.
>>
>>10700569
Premium booths are never worth it. My items are pretty unique so people often seek me out and/or my booth visually stands out from the crowd so I never dish out. The one time I did I didn't really notice any change in my sales and that extra $500 can go a long way elsewhere.
>>
Give it to me straight. Will I be able to get charms made in time for Dec 1st?
>>
>>10700423
> Do you think people will be too afraid to go to a convention given the current severity of the delta variant, or do you think many people will want to "return to normalcy" and it'll end up being a massive turn out?
Honestly, I think people are sick of being isolated at this point. Look at the AnimeNYC turn out. I wonder if things will calm down for the summer cons though, once people 'get their fix'.
>>
>>10700747
No.
>>
>>10700747
Only if you've got a local place. It can be done if you're able to go pick it up, but otherwise you're sol.
>>
>>10700748
>I wonder if things will calm down for the summer cons though, once people 'get their fix'.
Doubt it. A big chunk of congoers are people who are in school and that's the only time they can feasibly go to a con. Idk about other anons but my company also tends to be the most busy in the first and last quarters of the year so summer is also when it's easier for me to take PTO to go to cons.
>>
At what point should you move from the artist alley to the dealers room? Like I do all my designs, but I manu everything and I think I might need more space to display larger items (T shirts, bags etc.) but I don't know if I can justify the extra cost.
>>
>>10700747
maybe if you send them to stickermule right now. four business day turnaround that is often shorter, then a few days for shipping. however, shipping may be slowed around this time.
>>
>>10701329
They only do single sided though right? This actually leads to my next question. Has anyone ever taken charm pre orders at a convention? Thinking of doing that for the charms since I sold literally my entire stock last weekend.
>>
File: m6yr0yCorU1qjjuyw.png (247 KB, 280x405)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>"Hey are you applying to this convention?"
>Maybe
>"Yo WE should do that together"
I'm sorry who is we?
>>
File: 1593317098453.jpg (70 KB, 540x691)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I really suck at making illustrations (they just take me way too long) and always feel like my booth is lacking because I mostly have just charms/stickers.

My second con is in a few weeks and I put off working on illustrations in favor of getting everything sent off to manus in time. Now I just have a few weeks and I'm scared if I dedicate too much time I'll pop off with one illustration and nothing else.

Can anyone help with some simpler maybe smaller illustration ideas that will sell? I've seen people do 5x5 prints with chibis and stuff, does that stuff even sell?
>>
>>10702062
I actually stopped caring as much about illustrations because everyone goes for the charms and stickers anyway. Yeah the profit margin is higher, but if your customers are like mine, they've got $20 to spend and they're getting the thing they can show off vs the print that's *maybe* going to go on their wall. My last con I was just giving out prints with every purchase so I wouldn't have to carry as many back. My charms and stickers though? Sold out. I don't even know where people put stickers. Anyway, all that to say: don't stress yourself over illustrations.
>>
>>10702062
Maybe since it's the holiday season you can sell your illustration as a greeting card instead of a wall hanging. Something like a wreath with the theme you specialize in.
>>
>>10702065
Thanks for the input!
I guess I’m just scared of my table looking too sparse. My last con I rushed a few pieces to just fill space and I think I only sold like 1 or 2 of those pieces…and my table still looked pretty full without them, so yeah not worth it.
When I get my new merch I’ll do a mock up of my table and see how much space I actually use.
>>10702071
Thanks, that just gave me an idea! I wanted to do at least a couple Christmas themed stuff and for some reason didn’t think of cards.
>>
>>10702074
nta but i do charms and i sold out my first time selling them.
>>
>>10702062
>>10702074
I can't speak for everyone but I've noticed that my prints have slowly been declining in popularity. Feels like overall, people want charms, shirts, and other similarly "wearable" merch over prints these days.
>>
>>10702106
thanks ita bags
>>
>>10702106
>>10702109

Prints are for newbies and then once their walls are filled up the move onto more collectable stuff. Also, sadly, kids with no money print off artwork they like at home and tack it up without having to shell out $20.

People are starting to spend big money of enamel pins though to hang on walls in cork boards show them off.
>>
Anyone have any examples of commission sheets/info that work well at conventions?
Just looking for inspiration since I want to start doing comms more seriously and want a readable display that isn't overkill with info.
>>
>>10702065
>>10702087
How much of each sticker/charm design did you have in stock? I'm trying die cut stickers for the first time and I want to make sure I have a good amount.
>>
>>10702106
I see more appeal in charms and pins because they're smaller, easier to transport, and don't get damaged beyond repair as easily.
>>
File: comm.png (158 KB, 418x600)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>10702339
I don't take comms at cons but I used to commission artists at cons before I started selling in AAs. One thing that I liked was when artists would have a sheet like pic rel that was easy to understand but had enough information to convey exactly what commissioners were getting. One artist made things even easier by having this board and then a separate portfolio with examples of different commissions they'd done before at each price point. The main point of your sheet should be to set clear expectations for what commissioners should be getting for each type of commission.
Also, if you're going to at-con commissions (pick up at the end of the weekend type stuff), cap how many commissions you take and make it something simple like b&w ink or pencil only because I've seen artists try to take unlimited at-con comms and end up burning themselves out because they work around the clock to try and finish all the comms in time. I roomed with such an artist one year and she didn't sleep the entire con.
>>
>>10702358
Could we please get a line in the OP about this shit? This is asked in literally every thread, and the answer is that there is no fucking answer. You want enough so that you sell exactly what you bring and don't run out early or have stock to take home, and that number changes on the show, the crowd at the show, the quality of your art, the fandom of your art, where your table is located, the weather that day, etc etc etc fucking etc.
>>
>>10702065
People's 'value' meters are broken with this stuff as well it seems. Had plenty of people often debate on if a $20 print was worth it while also buying tons of stickers because of the buy x for y 'deals'.
>>
>>10702770
Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I want to be able to show off my work mostly while allowing a few comms.

I’m thinking about just printing full versions of my art and tacking on the price info/slots available right under.
Probably just going to take one 120$ comm and a mix match of 5-6 whatever else people want that aren’t full blown illustrations.
>>
>>10702795
Yea, I say it nearly every thread. Bring enough to where if you sell out, you'll be happy, and if you sell nothing, you won't be in financial trouble.
>>
The part of the FAQ about pricing stickers should be updated too. Etsy is no longer a good place to figure out how to price your products since it's been overrun by sellers who steal art and print out huge packs of diecut stickers for extremely low prices.
>>
I've made tons of acrylic charms with Vograce before but I'm about to make my first acrylic standee with them, can I leave deciding the best placement for the stand tabs to them? It's a multi piece standee and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. Thanks anons.
>>
>>10705303
For a stand where the placement will be centre - so a one piece - I didn't give any indication where to put it, and they sent me a proof with slot positioning pretty much in the middle.
For multi piece stands, I just drew a little x around where I wanted the pieces, and the proofs they sent had them adjusted slightly to be in the best position.
If you've thought about the stand from the front rather than the top, you've probably got some idea of where you want everything. So maybe do a mock up from the front, and they can work based on that.
>>
Are AX tables going on sale this year?? I signed up for emails but haven’t gotten anything..
>>
>>10705692
I honestly wonder if cons are going to be in person again. It seems like every con was on track to be in person until it all got derailed by that omnicron guy at ANYC. I know omnicron isn't a big deal but cons still don't want to get sued if someone catches covid at their event Katsu is still going to be held because it's too late for the con to cancel.
>>
>>10705570
This was very helpful, thank you for your response!
>>
>>10705692
curious why AX still does priority for previous attendees. arent they just locking out new artists? it's already a shitshow to get into. well i might be less bitter if i could actually get in once, ha.
>>
I want to make some charms with solid glitter as the background but in order to get all 6 custom colors I want I would need to buy 900 pieces...
Even though I want to have these OC charms around for a year or so, 100+ of each design seems like a lot. Should I go for it?

On another note does anyone know a keychain manu who can make lots of glitter charms with less than a 150 MQ per color?
>>
>>10705918
> 100+ of each design
Wtf don’t do it anon. Even if you were a super popular artist, 100+ of each is still a LOT. Even big shops rarely keep that much stock on hand.
>>
>>10705918
>100+ of each design
whoa dude try maybe like 20
>>
>>10706015
Yeah that's what I was thinking
>>10706036
Yeah I was thinking 35, 100 Is too much even for going to like 10 cons and having an online shop... I might have to settle for some non-glitter keychains if I want specific colors
>>
Where do people get those clear poster rails to hang prints? The ones I find are either too big or unreasonably expensive.
>>
>>10706039
what's your online shop? these are adorable as fuck, I'd buy.
>>
>>10706299
those aren't hers, genius.
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 510x510)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>10706285
I actually bought mine from Staples online in the store display section since I only needed a few, but if you search snaprail/poster rail you can find them in bulk.
>>
>table partner drops out last minute and buys their own table
>I am noob with very little work and just wanted partner to help fill out table and keep company
Damnit… I really almost don’t want to go now. Sucks fucking balls. I could tell they wanted a table of their own before so I honestly didn’t want to table with them if they were going to be mirin empty spots all day but ugh now im dreading it
>>
>>10707716
Hey, if you don't have to pay for the half of the table, just put most of your stock on it.
That sucks heaps, though. If you think it wont be worth it for you, no shame in backing out. You could always sell your table so you dont take such a hard loss.
>>
>>10707720
Yeah… I already refunded their half of the table and the con has available spaces still. Probably won’t be able to sell it at this point, con is in 24 hours.if it wasn’t so last minute I would try to sell it.
I have two cork boards of stickers/charms, a couple buttons and like 3 post card sized prints lol. Gonna print out some commission info just as an excuse to hang more work too…
>>
>>10707716
Yep… just winded up cancelling.
Not worth it because I live with high risk for covid people too.
Going to work on setting up online shop
this weekend insted to try to make back the table at least… feel like I failed myself but I guess I had only planned for half a table so idk
>>
>>10708050
you're an absolute retard.
>>
>>10708050
Just plan to have enough work for your own table next time, no big deal.
>>
Wow, that’s really shitty of your partner…sorry that happened. Hope you can make the table costs back! Honestly if you’re not confident in your sales it could be a real morale breaker if you end up going anyway and things don’t go well. You probably made the right choice for yourself, but just keep working so you can expand and not have to get done in by another shitty partner.
>>
How do you deal with burnout? I just started my shop about 8 months ago and things have been really good sales wise, but holy fuck I am so exhausted that I'm honestly considering going back to a traditional day job.

I've made almost 120k in total sales, but I'm also working constantly, and since most of my sales are online, I'm shipping out orders, packing orders, and taking inventory constantly. Between worrying about filing taxes, healthcare, and not being able to count on consistent pay over time, I'm genuinely considering going back to my day job. I work well over 100 hours a week for this project, literally from the time I get up until I check in with my manu in the evenings. Even when I'm out and about my mind is always stuck on a loop of trying to think of new ideas.

It's christmas eve, and I'm packing up orders and preparing to get all my spring merch orders in in time to avoid the Chinese new year factory shut down. I don't feel like I have time to do much of anything else, and I really miss having the social interaction that comes with a more traditional job.

What do you do to manage burnout? What are some ways you can distribute the workload of your one-artist operation? I'm starting to feel like it's not worth it to do this full time.
>>
>>10710448
Just.... work less. If you've made 120k in 8 months, you can obviously afford to work fewer hours.
>>
>>10710453
NTA but they SOLD 120k, that's very different from MAKING 120k. You can take 35% right off the top for federal taxes, up to 18% for state taxes depending on where they live, and you have to take out their margins. 40% is considered a high margin, but even if we gave anon a 50% margin, 60k after taxes for 100+ hour weeks is not actually making a whole lot of money, especially if anon's day job was in a high paying industry.
>>
>>10710456
>>10710456
This. Let's do some math:

120k sales in 8 months = 180k sales for a year (assuming that sales are constant, which they always drop off after christmas and in the off season)

50% margin = 90k a year pre-tax.
- 30% federal taxes = 60k
-10% state income tax = 54k

Even at 80 hours a week, that works out to $13.5 an hour. That's not even counting any potential tax penalties, and the cost of things like healthcare.

>>10710448
Anon, what you're talking about is why I stopped doing this full time. I switched my shop to part time, raised my prices and kept my day job. Even with what most people would think of as being incredibly high sales, it just doesn't break out to a meaningful income. When I did the math on it, I think I ended up needing to sell about 500k a year in order to match my income, and that just wasn't at all doable especially since I was easily doing twice the amount of work I'd do at my day job.

Honestly, I'd advise you to take a step back and re-evaluate. Some people find it totally worth it to work their own hustle. But doing this full time isn't for everybody, and doesn't usually financially pay off the way investing in your corporate ladder career would.
>>
>>10710448
raise your prices
>>
>>10710459
>the cost of things like healthcare.
Tbh I think this is why everyone I know in the AA who does it full time gets health insurance through their partner. Even obamacare is like $300 a month unless your so poor you qualify for a subsidized plan.
>>
>>10710448
You should really think about what it is you want in life. I’ve been doing the aa pretty much full time since 2010 and there are a lot of really awesome things about it. You meet amazing people, get to spend your time with your fandom, and manage your own hours. At the same time, it’s also super stressful and unstable. I don’t know what my income will be month to month. With Covid I don’t even know if I’ll have an income from my biggest events.

When other artists ask me about it, I tell them not to do this full time unless they literally cannot see themselves satisfied doing any other job on the face of the earth.
>>
>>10710456
> You can take 35% right off the top for federal taxes, up to 18% for state taxes depending on where they live
taxes are taken off profit, not revenue.

>40% is considered a high margin
I seriously hope none of you are making only 40% margin. That wholesale and traditional retail margins.

>>10710459
>Even at 80 hours a week
But thats the thing, she mentioned having a manu, so she isn't a craft artist (like myself, so this is the perspective i'm coming at it from) where more work = more pay. Cutting her hours in half doesn't mean half the income. Just stop spending so much time creating new designs and marketing or whatever. I guess I don't really understand where all her hours are going into. I made 43k revenue last year and had 14.5k expenses. This year i have more revenue and roughly the same expenses. I certainty don't work anywhere nearly 80 hours a week. I always thought artists worked less and had higher profit margins than crafters. guess not?

>>10710462
>Even obamacare is like $300 a month unless your so poor you qualify for a subsidized plan.
You don't need to be that poor. Its only like $27 a month for me.
>>
>>10710467
>I made 43k revenue last year and had 14.5k expenses.
You don't think you're poor? Anon, you make less than 30k a year if this is your full time income. Not tryna be a dick, but you literally qualify for welfare. That's less than a years rent in my hometown.

40% after ALL expenses is about right. If she has a manu, you have to include import duties, international frieght, materials, sampling, table fees, travel fees etc. She also mentioned that she sells mostly online so that's where the hours go. You have to ship everything out, weigh everything, make listings, manage your SEO and online visibility. Since she has high sales, she would also have to pre-calculate and pre-pay taxes to the IRS.

If her average order is even as high as $100, that's 1200 orders to fulfill in 8 months, which breaks down to needing to ship 5 orders every day.

>>10710448
It's time to either scale up to a drop shipping service, or cut your losses scale down and go back to the workforce. This also depends on what you sell. Do you have repeat customers? Is some larger company gonna swoop in with a similar product and blow you out of the water? If your products are kind of a one hit wonder type deal, it might be best to just take the money you made put it into a retirement fund and go back to the industry. Seems like you're really frustrated and done with it anyways.
>>
>>10710472
>You don't think you're poor?
No. I own a house, car, $13k in the bank and more money through investments, but I don't really touch my investment money.

>Not tryna be a dick, but you literally qualify for welfare.
This is really off topic but... no I don't? Welfare is like $1,500 or less a month. My house payments are around $550/month (bought right before house prices went crazy) and I don't really have any other major expenses after that besides food and electricity/heating.

> which breaks down to needing to ship 5 orders every day.
?? 5 orders a day is nothing though. I've packaged shipped more than 40 orders in a day before, and ship out 20+ every day during my busy season. It obviously depends whats being shipped, but since this is an AA thread, its probably pins and such? Shouldn't be too hard to quickly package and ship.
>>
>>10710460
i've never understood business owners who complain about having so much work. if their work is profitable, and they're making as much money as they'd like or more just... hire people? isn't peace of mind worth anything these days? if their profit margin is not sustainable either they're spending way too much on costs or they're not charging enough. it's basic economics.
>>
>>10710494
any experience hiring people, by chance? Seems like a really big jump legally. Seem like a huge amount of extra work has to be done to hire your first employee, is that true?
>>
>>10710494
Hiring an employee is a huge jump legally, and in terms of taxes, fees, and liabilities. OP is also at an awkward spot. 120k in sales is a ton of work for one person, but also isn't quite high enough to support a second employee, especially after unemployment insurance contributions. I know a lot of people pay under the table, but you can get into major legal trouble if you get caught.

>>10710495
my operation is pretty small, so I just pay my table helpers under the table from the cash sales, and provide their lodging,food, and event tickets.
>>
>>10710509
On a related note, does anyone actually report their full cash sales to Uncle Sam? Tbh I don’t know a single vendor, artist or dealer who isn’t low key out here for tax fraud.
>>
>>10710628
go away irs agent
>>
>>10710633
Lol I was just curious. I certainly don’t lmao.
>>
>>10710494
Lol you can really tell who actually sells at AAs and who’s just some rando who wandered into the thread with this post.
>>
>>10710628
Tbh if people did their taxes properly pretty much no one would be able to do this full time unless they lived in bumfuck nowhere.

Where I live, I have to pay municipal, state, and federal income taxes. Plus business fees, operating costs etc. I pay more taxes than a lot of major corporations so yeah I have a shit eating grin when someone makes a large cash purchase because my taxes ain't seeing a penny of that.

What tools do you guys use to manage your tax filing? I'm really struggling to find one that doesn't have surprise fees and is easy to use.
>>
>>10710628
yes? Thats weird to me hear people don't properly report their taxes. Do they not use roads, ever go to school, use healthcare, etc? Or what do they plan to do when they get audited? Isn't that complicated keeping two spreadsheets, your actual income and what you report to the government?

>>10710689
>if people did their taxes properly pretty much no one would be able to do this full time unless they lived in bumfuck nowhere.
I've done this full time for 5 years, pay all my taxes, and live in a city of 200k people.
>I pay more taxes than a lot of major corporations
No you don't. Not any profitable corporations at least.
>What tools do you guys use to manage your tax filing?
https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
>>
>>10710763
Have you not seen the numerous articles about how mega corporations like google and Amazon avoid income taxes?

Also, 200k is flyover country
>>
>>10710763
See the following:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/04/amazon-had-to-pay-federal-income-taxes-for-the-first-time-since-2016.html

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/may/04/amazon-sales-income-europe-corporation-tax-luxembourg

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/2018-taxes-some-of-americas-biggest-companies-paid-little-to-no-federal-income-tax-last-year/

Also you def don’t make a separate spreadsheet to document your fraud lmao. Audits are so rare that there are people who legit don’t file correctly because they know it’s cheaper in the long run to just pay the fine.
>>
>>10710763

Jesus Christ I thought I was a lib but you just give your money over without critically analyzing how fucked our tax system is. I know people who get paid in capital gains and get taxed at a lower rate than just above poverty level, despite getting paid millions. There are tax loopholes the size of oil tankers that allow billionaires to amass ridiculous wealth. I'll pay my measly taxes from my side hustle when they increase capital gains taxes meaningfully and actually do something about billionaires dodging taxes, thanks.
>>
>>10710769
>Have you not seen the numerous articles about how mega corporations like google and Amazon avoid income taxes?
Yes, have you ever actually read those articles or just read the headlines and made assumptions?
>Also, 200k is flyover country
Oh please. Don't act like a city with 200k is no different than the rural midwest.
>>10710771
>thinks federal corporation tax is the only tax corporations face
lol
>>10710771
>Also you def don’t make a separate spreadsheet to document your fraud lmao.
Then how do you keep your books straight? You just type in random numbers on your tax return? I guess thats easier than spending extra time making sure everything is correct but wow you must be a terrible artist or have god awful money management if you can't even afford to pay taxes. If you receive any type of government support, including healthcare, thats not just fines you'd face for getting caught, its jail time too.
>>10710856
The wealthiest 3% pay more in taxes than over half of the country. "billionaires don't pay taxes" is a meme. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/04/13/high-income-americans-pay-most-income-taxes-but-enough-to-be-fair/
>>
>>10710914
Woooooosssshhhh
>>
>>10710914

Are you secretly a billionaire trying to larp a good citizen or something lmao
>>
>>10710914

Also the article you linked is more subtle than "billionaires pay their due taxes." The group captured is 250k and above, capturing a good portion of employed professionals who would need to report their income anyways rather than corporations and billionaires which even the article acknowledges have a plethora of ways to exploit tax reduction strategies and often do. That billionaires pay "39.2%" of the taxed income of the govt makes sense because the top 1% holds 40% of the nation's wealth. There's also a significant wealth unaccounted for as it is simply not reported (eg offshore accounts, estimated to be at least 1 trillion by modest estimates), so you also need to take that into account.

And ironically, the article emphasizes again that even if we paid our shitty AA taxes it would barely make any dent in any meaningful manner, lol.
>>
>>10710945
>And ironically, the article emphasizes again that even if we paid our shitty AA taxes it would barely make any dent in any meaningful manner, lol.
but thats what I'm saying, we have super low taxes in the US, why would you *not* pay it? Anyone saying taxes are a real burden on them in the US has to be calculating their taxes wrong or something.
>>
>>10710955
Ok anon up thread reported about 30k income. Even at the poor person tax bracket, that’s 10% of their income and when you’re below 60k a year, that’s actually a huge difference in your quality of life/savings.

I pay taxes on my income, but I push everything to the absolute limit to reduce my tax liability and like most artists I know cash sales are drastically reduced on my taxes. I don’t have a problem paying taxes, but there’s no way in hell I’m not going to do everything I can to avoid being taxed at a higher percentage than a trust fund baby living off capital gains.
>>
Ok, so how do y’all feel about small freebies? I’ve been criticized for giving out “free art” and I never really cared about it till now.

Someone tagged me on social media in their “haul” from a certain convention. The item was a free sticker I hand out. They’re nothing fancy, they have a drawing on them but it’s a shop logo, and they’re quite small. They cost me like 1.9 cents to make. At the same time, other shops in the “haul” were items that they clearly bought from other vendors. I realized that by tagging me (I have 11k followers) they could get traffic to their haul but didn’t actually pay for anything.

I’ve been criticized by other artists who say that giving out anything for free other than a business card eats into their business, but I’m now wondering if it’s eating into my business?
>>
>>10710955

Why not? I'm not making big bucks like the other anons in this thread, this is my hobby. The amount of time and effort to capture a tiny portion of money isn't worth it. I pay my due taxes on my main job which is a considerable amount, but I'm not going to bend backwards for the government increasing the surveillance of taxation on small online businesses while only marginally inching up long term capital gains taxes.
>>
>>10711294
It's not. It's promotion. It's not like you are giving away holo fanart stickers for free, it's 1.9c and your logo.
>>
>>10711294
Tbh theres always at least one butt hurt artist in the alley who’s always accusing other artists of hurting their business. If they honestly think your 2 cent sticker hurts their business they must have awful art or something
>>
Anyone else get a big boost in sales right after christmas? I always do every year but I always hear people say their holiday sales end on or right before christmas. 30% of orders from my shop from this month have come in the past 48 hours.
>>
>>10711667
Same, I'm mostly on Etsy and I was expecting a little bit of a break.
I guess its people ready to spend gift cards and christmas money?
>>
If I make Among Us fanmerch will people still vilify me? They have merch deals with Hot Topic and Goodsmile (there is a fucking Nendoroid now) and costumes and toys and so much shit. They are making royalties out the ass so I figured they aren't exactly small time anymore.
>>
>>10711327
I never understand the artists who treat every single over artist as competition and act so guarded and salty. Like yeah we are all technically competing for attendees attention and sales but we should still support each other. There will always be someone making the same merch type or similar style or aesthetic as you get over it and focus on your own art. I don't care if " Becky Kitty Kreations is making penguin plushies when I'm also making penguins and OH NO she charges $5 less what a bitch!!! She's undercutting and hurting us ALL!!!"
>>
>>10711704
Tbh most buyers don’t care about that sort of thing. There’s always somebody who will try to “call you out” though, so if that’s a big risk for you or your business then maybe don’t? But it’s not like small artists are doing more damage than say, the bajillion dealers with bootleg merch.

>>10711706
On some level I get it. I do this for my full time income, so yes I do get annoyed when I see hobbyists undercutting/undervaluing ($5 commissions for example) but at the same time I spend my time differentiating my business and being more competitive with the products and range I offer. I don’t even do commissions anymore they’ve been so devalued.
>>
>>10711698
That or it’s forgotten gifts/last minute. I had someone nag me on Christmas Day about an order that hadn’t arrived yet. They ordered it on Christmas Eve kek.
>>
How to promote myself more on social media? Especially with videos/tiktok?
>>
>>10711958
Post consistently at the same time, use videos of your process or your product, like key chains and stuff. Build engagement by asking questions in your descriptions. Play into popular pairings/fandoms and Play your hashtags to the audience. In general, have good art that’s broadly appealing helps too. It’s easier if you’ve got a niche style.
>>
>>10711961
Thanks for the tips. I've had good sales, but not as much as cons and I only know how to use tumblr.
>>
>>10711704
I’ve been in this scene for a number of years now and the ratio of people who will actually give a shit and try to give you a hard time vs. people who will find it cool is about 1 to 100. Ignoring the regards on social media it becomes so skewed even Einstein would need help to figure it out.

As an example, about two weeks ago I received a DM from someone I’ve never talked to. It was someone from a stupid brigade of SJWs and condescending far lefties going around telling as many people as they could “hey you follow X person and they did blackface (Krampus) you should unfollow them!” I’ll give them props too, most of the time the idiots on social media in this scene will delete and apologize for anything at the first sign of even a single person bitching and moaning, not only did this one not do that, they basically told everyone sanctimonious to fuck off.

Did they lose followers? In the short term they lost a few but after a day or two they more than out-gained what they lost. What’s the moral of this story? The most obnoxious and negative people are also always the most vocal, when in reality the ratio of people who aren’t retards vs. actual retards when it comes to these types of things is about 100:1. When in doubt, fuck the complainers, I say go for it.
>>
>>10712142
>The most obnoxious and negative people are also always the most vocal
I don't think they are the most vocal, I think they are just given the most attention. 99% of twitter toxicity i've seen hasn't actually been experience from using the site, its been from people signal boosting any toxic interaction they see.
Toxic comments get significant more engagement than anything else.
>>
I've seen some artists that I follow online start to put up their prints and stationary pages as for sale as downloadables. Does anyone sell those and how well do they sell?
>>
>>10712339
Maybe I’m paranoid but I would never in a million years distribute high fidelity digital files of my work. It’s just too easy for people to send that off to a manu and reproduce it on whatever they like.
>>
>>10712345
isn't that the entire point of selling prints as downloads though? Gives people more printing options.
>>
>>10712345
Artists that sell downloads don’t post the full size piece for sale. They’ll usually sell a res just high enough that smaller prints (like 4x6) look good but any bigger is pixelated. I’ve seen some Etsy sellers put a blurb about how you can’t use the design you buy for commercial purposes and the customer has to type “yes” or a keyword in the agreement into the customization field before they can purchase it.
>>
>>10712390
Yes but there are tons of tools nowadays to make an HD image from poor quality images. They can expand to insane resolution with just point and click, in fact I’ve used these free services to modernize and re-use my old work. To each their own, but that’s something I’d personally never do.
>>
Thoughts on the Ecotank 15000 or any of their printers in general?
>>
Anyone else get bombarded with messages during/on Christmas and New Year's on your shops?
>>
>>10712345
I think it makes sense to do this with things that you won't ever be interested in making into more products or wouldn't sell well that way. Like that way it's not a big deal if some random puts it on a t-shirt or mousepad for personal use, and if you think they'd be able to make a bunch of them and sell them then maybe don't put that one for sale and make that merch yourself
>>
>>10712540
I have a discontinued Ecotank printer and the maintenance on it sucks ass (print lines get clogged near daily) but it makes gorgeous prints and has paid for itself many many times over. Plus the ink goes a long way and isn't a stupid expensive scam.
>>
>>10713423
This is why I closed shop a week before xmas. I earned a break + people get too frantic and stressed about mail since USPS gets swamped and deliveries are late closer to christmas. I became an online artist specifically because I DON'T want to talk to people.

How many conventions do you guys do a year? I've met a few who do them near weekly while I'm pooped after 3 cons the past year. How do you guys find the energy?? The money is so good I'd like to do conventions more regularly....
>>
>>10713423
>>10714320
hmm, I have the opposite problem. No one is messaging me. Its a problem because there was issues with an order and after 3 emails, the customer still hasn't gotten back to me...
Not sure how much long I will wait until I just cancel the order. Been 3 weeks.
>>
>>10714320
I do around 3-5 cons a year, except less now since some cons have been on halt. Seems to work for me well.

>>10713423
Customers or suppliers? Because I've had suppliers messaging me non-stop on instagram.
>>
How many takedowns on etsy until they decide to yeet your account? I've only ever had one takedown but curious. Do people ever really get penalized?
>>
>>10714357
There doesn't seem to be a clear guideline for this. I've seen shops get banned for one violation but another shop that I followed for a while (because I knew they were gonna get copyright striked and wanted to see if they would get banned kek) got almost their whole shop removed but they weren't banned from Etsy.
>>
>>10714357
I opened an Etsy shop for the first time in 2021 and have gotten 5 DMCAs so far. Each one of those counts as a strike, right? I received 1 within the first 4 months. And then 4 more the following 2 months. All from different fandoms and Etsy still hasn’t shut down my shop.

I wonder if they review the whole shop before deciding to shut it or not. Like they look at customers reviews, product photos, checking to see if you buy shipping labels through Etsy. Imo I have very good product photos. And I utilize Etsy’s private notes. I always add an extra free sticker to all my orders and to prevent returning customers from receiving the same sticker twice, I make a note of it like “added a free cat sticker and used rigid mailer” something like that. And so Etsy might see me as a keeper?
>>
>>10714356
Mainly customers. Had one messaging me during Christmas and New Year's break everyday with things like "hello?" And "Why aren't you replying immediately like you did before?" I had already replied to them previously with the first message about their order progress like holy shit let me eat my stuffing and spend time with family for fucks sake. Rant over

>>10714452
Ive seen shop's that had 10k orders and stellar reviews get nuked. They also dont care if the claim was bullshit or false. They still ban you even if you appeal it. Etsy is a joke and I can't wait until I no longer have to use it.
>>
Curious about how much experience as artists you guys have had. Currently I'm practicing art on /ic/, I know most of you would have started as children but did anyone start as an adult? Any good tips especially for making it commercially? I've only been practicing for a few months
>>
>>10714646
> I'm practicing art on /ic/
Ngmi.
>>
>>10714718
Crab
>>
>>10714357
From what I understand it's not based on total number of infractions, but instead on the sales volume. If you've sold 10k of one print with a claim, that's way more of a liability than having ten complaints on lower sales volume. At least that's how we did it amazon.
>>
>>10714356
>Because I've had suppliers messaging me non-stop on instagram
huh, I got a email from a supplier yesterday. I don't use instagram. Was the messages about washi tape?
>>
>>10710955
We have super low taxes when we work for an employer. Otherwise, taxes really aren't that low.
>>
>>10710955
And if you ask what I mean by that... If I made 30,000 in profit in one year, I'd have to pay out 5,000 in taxes among federal, FICA, and state.

If you don't think it's that high, you might actually be doing your taxes wrong & do not realize it or you're heavily weighing on those deductions and expenses (which can sometimes draw attention of an audit).

5,000 is a huge chunk of cash for a 30,000 yearly income.

That's a down payment on a nice car, after all.
>>
>>10710472
Anon isn't poor. Eligible for welfare maybe, but likely not offered at this time. Only those who've tried for welfare will get that. On the subject of taxes, it came up during the stimulus thing.

Anon, to the IRS, you aren't 'poor' unless you make 12,000 or less. They've outright stated that's the 'cap' that they won't pursue non-filing.

And there's a lot of people in the U.S. who make less then that. 30,000 isn't considered poor in most the U.S. It's 'comfortable'.

U.S. cities are great, especially for artist alleys, but they honestly don't reflect the U.S. as a whole or where many artists come from in the U.S. It's a lot different outside the cities.
>>
>>10715246
>>10715247
>>10715249
Holy reddit spacing. Learn to integrate, newfag.
>>
>>10715247
what are you on about?
>>
>>10715261
NTA but I've been on 4chan for like 12 years and I type like this. Kill yourself. Readability is important.
>>
>>10715282
You're clearly the same anon.
>>
>>10715261
Someone's mad they didn't do their taxes right.
>>
File: what.png (37 KB, 724x453)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>10715283
Huh?
>>
How do you guys handle “influencers” not tagging you or crediting your work? There’s a certain influencer who never tags my stuff, and will tag other artists but not me for some reason. I wouldn’t normally care, but she’s shown my art on her channels several times now and has never once credited me. I’m not trying to start a whole thing, but why not tag me and tag other artists? Is she trying to get me to send her free shit or something? Maybe the artists she does tag have given her freebies?

Maybe she has beef with me or something? I’ve seen her at a couple cons now, so maybe I did something that pissed her off.
>>
>>10715261
NTA, but you're a fucking retard. Go look at old screenshots of memes on 4chan and you'll see what a fucking newfag idiot you are. Anyone that's been around long enough knows the newfags are the ones going "LOL SPACING"

>Source: been on 4chan since 2004
>>
>>10715411
Contact her, if she refuses to credit, send a DMCA. If she gets ad revenue, then she's actively making money off for your and credit is the very least she could do.
>>
>>10715411
Have you tried... asking? Why speculate when you can just ask the person directly?
>>
>>10715430
She’s kind of small so I doubt she gets any revenue. she shares images of the keychains and stuff she’s bought from me and other artists but never actually tags me, so idk if a DMCA applies here.

>>10715432
I don’t know her that well, I asked here cause I was curious if I was just missing something? Like if this is something people do to try and get you to “sponsor” a post or something
>>
>>10715411
whatever you do, don't assume she's doing it to piss you off. avoid drama, just be polite.
>>
>>10715247
Not to be a dumbass, but profit =/= revenue =/= income. I would imagine you could deduct your living cost (assuming you're working out of your own home) as overhead along with travel and things like that. anyone creating inventory without factoring living costs is a fuck up, because profit isn't just price - cost of inventory. people with regular jobs have expenses which are included in their income, so why would it not be included for an individual who owns a business? whatever you profit can go back into your business, or buying whatever you want, but if you're only making exactly what you need to live off, that's a profit of 0, even though you do have an income that goes to expenses. someone making a profit of 30k is almost twice as wealthy as someone with a 30k income. sage for me having a shitty business degree but not really knowing much about tax law unfortunately
>>
>>10715519
I was going to type a nearly identical reply but gave up on it. Glad you replied.
Cons are probably the most relatable thing for us. We go to cons for "free", while people with wages have to pay for the ticket and hotels and such. Makes it look like we have low income, but we don't live like a poor person.
>>
how do you guys politely decline trade requests? in con / online...

at least for in con, sadly my expressions show very easily on my face so i'm afraid if i don't like the art then it will show even if i don't want to be rude...
>>
>>10715572
well then you just have to remember to purposefully smile politely while you decline them. what kind of a question is that?
>>
>>10715574
online...
>>
>>10715581
just say no thank you? what's the issue here
>>
>>10715572
You tell them firmly yet politely "no thank you" you're either busy with other work or your trades aren't opened

If they press you further, just tell them you're not interested and if it becomes an issue it's a them problem, not yours
>>
Any advice on a manu for t-shirt and hoodies? I just spent $150 on a bunch of unusable samples. How do people get that clean, screen printed look? The manus I tried with left for with something that looks like one of those handmade printer transfer tees.
>>
>>10715572
Just say no. Worrying about offending someone by rejecting that person's request is how you get taken advantage of.
>>
Anyone at ALA or Sacanime this weekend? How are sales going? I canceled mine bc covid but I hope things are ok with everyone still going!
>>
>>10715615
If you asked for screenprinting and got vinyl samples, please claim your money back.
If you're in the US, i believe they posted omocats manufacturer not long ago, but I forgot the name of the supplier.
>>
>>10715615
You gotta go local it isnt worth it doing over seas
>>
>>10715869
I gotta disagree here. Locally, you'll see $18-20 minimum a shirt unless you're ordering a fuck ton. Abroad you can go as low as $5-8 for the same quality. If you're already shipping stuff from china, and combine shipping it can be substantially cheaper. The problem of course is then quality control issues.
>>
>>10715884
>for the same quality.
>The problem of course is then quality control issues.
So... not the same quality.
>>
>>10715890
I mean obviously finding a good manu is always the struggle. That's the reason why local places stay in business, they're usually more expensive but you have a lot more recourse if something goes wrong and they're a known entity.

My chinese manu for pins/keychains/prints is hands down better quality than any local manu I've ever worked with, and they're cheaper too. But I had to go through 2 other lower quality manus in china to find the one I ultimately settled on. If you're just starting out, then it makes the most sense to go local for a lot o reasons, but if you're trying to grow/maximize profits, it's time to start playing sample roulette in east asia.
>>
>>10715867
Sauce for omocat manu? I couldn’t find it after searching cgl and social media
>>
is SE more lenient nowadays? I thought they were very aggressive with fan works, yet there's so much XIV stuff everywhere, both traced and derivative
>>
>>10716436
Same. I would also like to know
>>
me too
>>
File: 1559851865456.jpg (44 KB, 640x780)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What is the best 11x17 paper to get for making your own prints?
Looking for one with a mate/pearl finish- not just plain paper.
>>
Anyone in the US order from vograce lately? What's the turnaround time been like?
>>
>>10717398
Buy a couple different packs until you find one you like. There is no "best" one. Usually the brand that matches your printer will work best with the inks from your printer.
>>
>>10715884
its literally so expensive to get apparel shipped from china so yea its not worth it. also ur not looking hard enough if youre seeing 18-20 for shirts Lmao
>>
Does anyone know of sticker printers who can do sticker sheets where the stickers can be smaller than 1"? Stickermule needs the stickers on the sheet to be at least 1" tall or wide.
>>
Is there a list of the artists attending ohaycon 2022 yet? There website doesn't have anything so far and the con is in 3 weeks.
>>
>get waitlisted for con
:(
>number 69 in line
nice
>>
>>10718698
finish the background first
>>
>>10718702
backgrounds are harddd :(
>>
so..........AX not opening public reg this year?
>>
>>10717398
Red River Paper has some pretty good options
>>
>>10719619
Seems like most cons are rolling over as many artists as possible and pulling from the waitlist instead of doing registration all over again. With the amount of applications AX gets, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go this route too.
>>
File: stickeroptions.jpg (1.23 MB, 3024x3024)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>10718254
Expensive, but they'll do as small as 5 mm.

>https://www.jukeboxprint.com/sticker-sheets
>>
File: yes-nervous.gif (70 KB, 220x214)
70 KB
70 KB GIF
>Packages stuck in pre transit since December
>Decide ill just send out replacements since I've had this happen before with USPS and they are no help
>Several items were sold out so ordered restock
>Sent restock to the wrong address and had to have it sent back to printer
>Trying to have them resend it but havent heard from them in a week
>Meanwhile customers are getting impatient despite updating them with statuses
I'm about to just kms. Has USPS given anyone else trouble this holiday?
>>
>>10720845
I've got a ton of packages stuck in transit and/or marked delivered before actually getting delivered. Thankfully most of them solved themselves, but I've never had this many prior.
>>
>>10720845
I've had customers in Australia waiting since November. usps/australia isn't even accepting packages to the country yet.
>>
>>10720845
I stopped offering usps for international shipping over this. Had a $300 order sitting in customs for months to the EU back in March and ended up having to refund them. I switched to only fedex DHL and UPS. I had no issues, but I did see fewer international customers since shipping was higher.
>>
>>10720916
Not sure for all of them, but I know shipping to Canada with UPS, they charge the customer a customs fee on top of the shipping fee. The customer has to either pay to have the paperwork done or do it him/her self, making it a bad shipping experience. I stopped using UPS for international shipping because of that.
>>
>>10720942
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>10720942
>doesn’t know what customs are
Anon, I have some bad news for you… UPS wasn’t just charging your customer customs fees for funsies. All courier services will charge customers customs fees in countries where they’re required to by law.
>>
>>10721017
This. *sometimes* usps or whatever the national service is will not charge customs if it’s under a certain amount, whereas private shipping companies like ups and dhl always charge customs, but if the national service is so backed up it takes months on end to deliver, it’s not like that’s a great experience for the customer either. Most of my customers would be more than happy to pay a few extra bucks to have something delivered within the next six months.
>>
>>10721017
probably not anon's fault. the US is supposed to charge customs but they don't. I imported 15k USD of furniture a few years ago and they didn't charge me anything.
>>
>>10721007
>>10721017
uhh, you guys new to international shipping I guess? https://www.shippingschool.com/ups-brokerage-fees-what-they-are-and-how-to-avoid-them/
>>
>>10721071
*facepalm* anon. Brokerage fees are not customs fees. Customs fees are imposed by the government of the country you are shipping to. Brokerage fees are charged by the carrier for getting the items through customs. Brokerage fees can also be avoided if the buyer expressly takes the trouble of handling customs on their own. Customs fees are not avoidable with violating the import laws, unless a country has an exception for your goods, or orders under a certain dollar amount.
>>
>>10721073
>Customs fees are imposed by the government of the country you are shipping to.
I know, thats why I said the customs fee imposed by UPS. Don't blame me because you misread my post.
>Brokerage fees can also be avoided if the buyer expressly takes the trouble of handling customs on their own.
I literally said that. Please, PLEASE actually read posts before replying to them next time. Thanks.
>>
>>10721082
>customs fee imposed by UPS
nta but UPS is private and international, not the US government, do you mean USPS?
>>
>>10721082
Dude you are 100% incorrect.
>>
>>10721071
This is wrong lmao I am from Mexico and all private couriers, (Fedex, DHL, UPS, etc) charge brokerage fees. There is no way to avoid import fees short of committing fraud.
>>
>>10721084
no. Governments charge import taxes, not fees. I already linked an article explaining this.
>>10721096
I sourced my claim.
>>10721099
you say I am wrong and then repeat what I said? uh?
>There is no way to avoid import fees short of committing fraud.
shipping through usps, the customs fee is included in the price. The customer isn't shipped a bill afterwards. I have shipped thousands of packages internationally. I know more than you.
>>
>>10721101
>shipping through usps includes customs

No it absolutely does not. I live in Canada. I am hit with customs for international packages whether it’s through ups, usps, dhl etc.
>>
>>10721104
please. she's retarded.
>>
>>10721104
Anon, I think you are confusing brokerage fees from import taxes. Fees are imposed by private companies, taxes are imposed by governments. What UPS charges is separate from import taxes.
>>
>>10721109
Ok. I don’t say this lightly. But you need to get evaluated by somebody. I genuinely can’t tell if you’re just trolling at this point or if you’re actually, genuinely that stupid. If you’re not trolling should probably have a case worker to manage your idiocy in this world.
>>
>>10721110
You misunderstood my initial post and was wrong. Its fine. You don't have to resort to insulting me. Relax your ego a little bit.
>>
>>10721123
Are you actually a AA anon or just a rando who wandered into the thread? Sounds like you have no idea how shipping works, which is concerning if you’re legit.
>>
>>10721109
you just don't know what customs fees are. the government charges fees separately from whatever company you're using may charge. the US also has this but rarely enforces it because they don't actually make anything there lmao.
>>
>>10721129
The US only enforces it on packages of $800 or more unless it’s a commercial use package. And yeah >>10721109
has no clue.
>>
>>10721101
>The customer isn't shipped a bill afterwards.
In Mexico's case, this only happens because the custom officers don't have the physical capacity to check every single package that comes in (private couriers do). Many sellers will undermark or mark as gift so they'll be considered low priority (ie fraud), otherwise the mail will greet you with a 16% fee.
>>
>>10721129
yes, I do. I have proved it by sourcing my claims. You clearly don't know what you are talking about due to your lack of sources. Please stop pretending you've shipped international packages before.
>>10721153
Anon, please stop embarrassing yourself and stop replying. You are talking about import taxes, not the customs fees i'm talking about.
>>
>>10721159
Thank you anon you make me feel like a god tier genius. Just remember folks, no matter how bad it is you could always be this dim.
>>
>>10721159
Do... do you really not understand what custom fees ARE? They aren't set by any private company. They are never included in the price. They're taxes on goods entering/leaving the country.
You do understand the concept of tax, right?
>>
>>10721245
If you are going to pretend to know what you are talking about, you should start by not using "fee" and "tax" interchangeably as those are two separate things.
You've clearly never shipped anything to Canada before, so please just stop.
>>
>>10721253
Or you should learn what the difference between brokerage fees and custom fees are instead of insisting on continuing to embarrass yourself. Custom fees ARE tax. You are the retarded one who thinks slapping “fees” behind the word “custom” means it’s suddenly not customs anymore.
>>
>>10721261
UPS literally calls it a "customs brokerage fee", so it is absolutely correct to call it a customs fee. Learn the difference between customs fees and import taxes, please.
>>
Do you guys have any recommendations for a clearfile folder manufacturer? The one on the spreadsheet seems more like a middleman. Or are they the best option?
>>
Idk why everyone is fighting. Customs fees = brokerage fees + import tax. If you ship with a private courier, they always calculate the custom fees so you’re hit with like $25 in customs fee which is $20 their brokerage fee and $5 the tax you owe the government. If you self-declare, you’ll only pay $5.

If you ship with USPS, it’ll be handed over to CanadaPost and due to high parcel volume, it’s likely your package won’t be evaluated for custom fees. Thus you pay nothing. CanadaPost doesn’t charge a brokerage fee (or it’s a low one? Haven’t been hit by CanadaPost in a while) so you’ll end up paying ~$5 even if you do get selected.
>>
>>10721406
lmao no...
>>
>>10710462
To qualify for APTC's you need to be under 400% over the poverty level. For a single individual it would be 51,520 or less to qualify for something to lower your monthly prem

Disclaimers: I work for an exchange as my day job and do aa as a side gig lol
further disclaimers: we outside of open enrollment boo your fucked if you did not sign up and don't qualify for medicaid (usually around or under poverty leve|)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.