[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 123 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: angery.png (370 KB, 688x541)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
New containment thread.
Old thread saged >>10691181
>>
>>10700250
You didn't specify jfashion.
>>
>>10700266
That's because I don't care
>>
>>10700250
ok here: why do so many people hate/are so opposed to fat people wearing lolita? i can understand why they hate people like sissies or ddlg fetishists since nobody wants to interact with those degenerates or be assumed to be like them, but it's not like being seen with fat people makes you fat or anything.
>>
>>10700298
1. It’s ugly/gross To see someone waddling around in frills and spending all this money to look elegant/cute, but they can’t be arsed to stop stuffing their mouth
2. They are usually wearing shitty taobao because brand won’t fit
3. Or they are forcing brand to stretch and fit them.which is 10x worse because the dress is now ruined, or doing shitty alterations to make the dress fit
4. They constantly scream about brands not catering to them whenever a brand releases something, and derailing discussion

Tbh i personally would’t say i HATE them but i definitely sigh when i see it
>>
>>10700301
Every fat person does not do these things? The brand size complaints I only ever see from online fat people, not anyone irl.

Idk I guess you hang around more sloppy or annoying people than me but most fatties I know aren't any worse than any other lolita. Tons of gulls also talk about how lolita inspired their weight loss which seems nice. Some fat people are actively putting in effort to lose weight and the chance they are if they wear lolita seems higher based on what people say on cgl (I don't have many bigger or fat lolita friends irl though so I could be biased)
>>
>>10700319
The lolita fat shaming I only ever see from online lolitas and self hating fat people, not anyone irl, fatty
>>
>>10700319
Sorry you are fat anon
>>
>>10700298
same reasons as the cosplay thread about fat hate. Look for the three reasonable humans in that thread and you've got your answers on a golden plate.
>>
It's been a hot minute since I bought a lot of my petticoats.

So I'm looking into starching them over an umbrella, would it just be fine to buy a fabric-stabilizer spray to get it to stiff up a bit more? I'm working with organza petticoats. Just tired of having to buy new ones, so I figure I'll try to just revive a lot of my older ones.
>>
>>10700298
not this fucking shit again right off the bat
>>
>>10700358
Doing it anyways. This board is too fucking slow and filled to the brim with newfags for knowledge sharing anymore
>>
>>10700400
the fuck is a petticoat, i know i could google it but getting an answer from you is more satisfying
>>
>>10700420
If you're gonna troll at least try
>>
File: kkuy.jpg (142 KB, 645x645)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
how is the quality on recent stuffed animal AP purses?
Are these shit too? I knew people were having problems with the bear one shedding
>>
>>10700298
i just hate looking at fat people. they're gross and disgusting. they look worse in lolita.
>>
>>10700250
So I've been fat since the start of puberty, not ever fat enough for people to think I'm obese on the BMI scale but fat enough to not fit into brand that doesn't have an L size (if it isn't shirred).

Past two years I've been losing weight, more on and off than I'd like but I've still made lots of progress and planning to buy a dress form for motivation as well as decoration.

Onto the stupid question. Do people actually have busts that are ~79cm or is that just on dressforms? The size I wanted to buy has an b:85cm w:70cm, and I want to buy a mannequin with a ~65cm waist, though the bust is 75cm and considering my waist was about that until recently, my brain struggles to adjust maybe.
>>
>>10700584
>Do people actually have busts that are ~79cm
Yes. It's called being flat chested or just very petite. I have an 83 cm chest but if I was even more flat chested or a small Asian I could easily be 79cm.
>>
>>10700584
asian chestlet here, i’m 76cm so yes its entirely possible.
>>
are OTKs considered "thigh highs"? stupid newlita here with bigger thighs that does not want to risk buying OTKs that are really meant to be up to the thigh
do OTKs only go over the knee and no more?
>>
>>10700622
depends on your weight and height, but even on short skinny girls most don't go mid-thigh or anything
>>
>>10700298
Lolita specifically attracts a lot of ana-chans for some reason. I don't see so much of it with any other jfash.
>>
>>10700420
Imagine thinking someone would reply.
>>
>>10700298
Because 99 percent of they time they look bad and also you can't twin with them.
>>
>>10700707
>also you can't twin with them
As a fatty this is lowkey an actual good reason kek.
>>
>>10700250
this images face is repulsive
>>
File: 81gp3ewjgj101.jpg (36 KB, 480x640)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>10700319
your POV
>>
>>10700250
how can I tell if too many hairs fall out of a wig and it should be throw out? I only wore it for a 12 hour con. BUT, It ended up getting caught on everything causing it to loose a lot of hairs and tugged on (weakend) many others. (becasue it was so long). Not to mention fizzing throughout. The damage done can never be rectified. And even more damage will be done when I detangle it.
>>
>>10700729
If I was an obese white woman I'd kill myself kek
>>
Gulls i’m a little nervous at being scammed, should i just take a lot of pictures of the jsk condition and of me shipping it out?
User with 0 feedback and a new account (but its verified on lm) bought a $130 jsk from me and then paid the invoice. But on paypal on the invoice, it says their email address provided hasn’t been confirmed.
They are not on the lm blacklist but i also can’t find their social media
>>
>>10700756
If the email hasn't been confirmed, you're going to want to ask for another feedback account and you have the right to refuse sale without feedback (realistically you should have a ToS that says this but you can edit it at any time)
>>
>>10700757
Thanks, i do have on my tos that i have a right to refuse sale for any reason. I’ll ask them for another feedback account or offer to refund them
>>
>>10700584
> do people actually have busts that are ~79 cm
yep, it depends on your ribcage whether a 79cm bust is possible and how it’ll look wrt breast size. i have a 68cm underbust/ribcage measurement so 79cm bust isn’t even that small for me, certainly not “small enough to go braless” for example. but for someone with an 80cm underbust, 79cm bust obviously wouldn’t be possible, and 80cm is also a reasonable underbust measurement for someone at a healthy or thin weight. depends on your frame really.
>>
Do clip-ins/extensions exist for mana-style twin tails? If not, are there recommendations for clip-ins that I can modify myself to make them out of?
>>
>>10700782
they're just teased ponytails. get shoulder-length straight twintail clips and backcomb them.
>>
>>10700298
Look, at the end of the day, this a fashion hobby and any hobby centered around fashion is going to judge how people look in it. Most (not all) fat lolitas look bad because the clothes don't fit, or the fit weird and they just don't look as nice as it would if they were a healthy weight. If you don't want to be apart of a community that judges looks, a fashion hobby probably isn't a great fit for you. (Also you can wear whatever you want for yourself and not interact with the community) Also the complaining about brands not being inclusive is always annoying and eye roll worthy.
>>
>>10700761
>but for someone with an 80cm underbust, 79cm bust obviously wouldn’t be possible
I have some really bad news for you and some girls...
>>
>>10700805
>they're just teased ponytails
not at all. she needs layered clip ins, otherwise they won't look like that when she teases them because all the stands start at the base of the clip. it will just be a big poof. real hair only does that when you put it up because you have to gather hair from lower down. also has layers here anyway to begin with. it's kind of funny matter-of-fact you sound while being wrong.
>>
>>10700810
>apart
kill yourself
>>
>>10700813
how would you have breasts smaller than the ribcage they’re sitting on? most women’s ribcages get wider farther up, so the only way i could see someone having a larger underbust measurement than their actual bust is if their ribs flared out quite a bit and they had extremely small breasts.. i guess it could work but it’s odd to picture.
>>
>>10700826
It's just a medical condition. A really unfortunate acquaintance I used to know has concave breasts. I only knew because she sent nudes to all her contacts accidentally once...(it was extremely unpleasant)
>>
>>10700823
I was typing quickly on my phone at work. Sorry you're fat.
>>
>>10700805
plus 80s hairspray
>>
>>10700639
You've never looked in the gyaru threads, huh

>>10700730
IMO if you can see the wig netting/wefts it's time to go
>>
shorties (like around 5'2" or smaller) what weight do you start to look chubby at. i feel like going by BMI isn't totally accurate when you're smaller, i'm apparently closer to being overweight than some of my taller friends who look bigger than me. maybe I'm just coping though.
>>
>>10700862
It all depends on bone structure too. I'm wider from the front if that makes sense. So my weight being bigger or smaller is more noticeable from the side, but in front I seem bigger even when I'm at lower weights than my other short friends who look more slim from the front and have smaller shoulders and hips
>>
>>10700862
How you carry your weight (is the fat evenly distributed throughout your body? just the torso? etc.) and what >>10700865 said about bone structure will determine how you look. I'm probably on the heavier side for being 160cm but I have a medium-large frame and my fat gets distributed more in my arms and legs than torso, so I probably look closer to average than if I carried all my weight in my gut and boobs.
>>
I know Spank's physical store is having trouble but why is there webshop down? How long has it been gone?
>>
>>10700837
Lol no I just hate retards. Retarded ESL spergs type apart instead of a part. I hate fatties more tho.
>>
>>10700886
Nah we need to stop giving dumbasses a pass just for being the bare minimum of not fat. Just because fatties fail at something basic doesn't meant those who manage to do something low effort deserve any asspats for it. It's not hard to not get fat.
>>
>>10700893
True that, I don't want to associate with retards or fatties.
>>
gulls do you consider "fatty chan" just obese or does overweight also mean fatty chan? some overweights can still fit in brand
>>
>>10700949
Overweight, chubby, thicc, and obese are all fatty chans
>>
>>10700965
Skinny fat people?
>>
>>10700883
It's up. You're probably on the wrong site. https://spankshop.thebase.in/
>>
>>10700823
Imagine getting this triggered by a space between words.
>>
>>10700810
i get that, but if gulls think fat people look so goddamn awful in lolita (or any alt fashion for that matter) i just don't understand why they care so much. if anything, i would think that they would be happy to look even better in comparison. i'm still going to wear and enjoy the fashion, but seeing how much "fatty" gets thrown around here like it's the ultimate insult makes me wary of joining any irl comms. do people really say the same things irl or do they only do it under the cover of anonymity? it's like that "apart" anon, literally why are you getting so toxic over a typo? i doubt you'd be so quick to bitch and rage over something like that irl. yes i'm aware that this is 4chan but i wouldn't want to befriend anyone who's so quick to judge on here but doesn't even have the balls to say the same shit irl. we are all just adults wearing expensive frilly dresses it is really not that deep.
>>
>>10701032
Over half of anons on cgl at this point are lonelitas and don't have friends or interact with anyone irl cause they're newfags who joined in 2020.

The half that do regularly attend with their comms will tell you irl no one is an asshole like this irl and even if they truly secretly hate fatties they will never say it to your face or anything because there is no reason to be rude like that. If you put in really effort to wear the fashion and are nice your comm won't shun you or anything. Just be aware that many comms may have split off into their own friend groups already. They may not be cliquey on purpose but might have private events or kind of be interested in hanging out with their existing friends and not neccesarily welcoming a new person as if it was some sort of student org at university.
>>
>>10701032
Lots of comms in the US have fatties in them and even if there are members who dislike them they aren't going to say anything irl so thats why you see it so much here. This is where people come to vent. Most comms these days have troons in them too, and they seem like they are accepted but people come to bitch about them on here constantly.
>>
>>10700753
>has to specify white
You seem lost. This is not Twitter.com and no one here thinks being non-white is a flex.
>>
>>10700753
Too bad most asian americans, latin americans, african americans are all obese.
>>
File: 18_0579_02-medium.gif (117 KB, 635x1240)
117 KB
117 KB GIF
>>10701100
Data to support it.

Shit sux
>>
>>10701100
>Too bad most americans are all obese.
ftfy
>>
>>10701102
This says nothing about Asians. Look dude it's not my fault my culture prioritizes health, longevity, and community well being while yours is obsessed with what the next twinkie flavor is going to be so you can post about how it empowers your fat rolls on social media
>>
>>10701103
Nah. Caucasians where I live, as referenced >>10701102 are absolutely not obese. Infact, there's fitness movements up here and people sometimes just live in work out clothes.

The issue a lot of people have is understanding sample sizing with data and your environment, your city, your state is a sample size and is relatively all you experience.
>>
>>10701106
There are a ton of fatass whites across the country. I know you desperately want to be better than everyone else but the Walmart people riding scooters around the store in photos are always old fat whites.
>>
>>10701105
You realize the south is majority black right? They are more obsessed with twinkies and American made trash than italian americans eating pasta and pizza in the north east or Swedish people eating Lutafisk in the North West. Ya' shits don't realize "Caucasian" is a bucket of ethnicities from other countries
>>
File: southrace.png (15 KB, 423x306)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>10701111
When I say 'your culture' I mean most American culture generally, regardless of race. I'm Asian so yes being white and fat would really make my life worse off considering lolita brands were made for my body type and I'm shorter and a healthy weight as well.

>You realize the south is majority black right?
picrel anon it really is not. I'm from the south too but been all over the US and compared to when I visit my family aborad it's so obvious obese brain rot has affected everyone.
>>
File: Asian americans.png (26 KB, 871x510)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>10701114
Well, no wonder why you only care about the asian data point. Asians are the only true minority in the US, so most gov data doesn't even give a shit.

Also I only include "overweight" because we all know "obesity" standards for the US and asian origin countries are completely different. Most of these people in this bucket are actually obese in terms of their ethnic background.
>>
>>10701115
>Most of these people in this bucket are actually obese in terms of their ethnic background.

Does this data even say how overweight they are or only that they are overweight? It's unhealthy either way but 1. This is still AMERICAN stats, so these are Asians leaning into American culture. Many of us from those who are 3rd gen or have been here longer or recent immigrants still don't completely subscribe to American bullshit. and 2. Even if obesity or being overweight causes health issues sooner in Asians, this doesn't tell me if it's 5lbs overweight or 50. Obesity was used as the previous metric for other races, it should still be used here if you wanted to be consistent.

All in all my only point was that I would be worse off if I was fat and white. I don't hate other races or think the other ones are bad because they're fatter, just unhealthy overall in comparison to my situation so of course I wouldn't suddenly want to be so physically different and have all my culture that I like gone and replaced with a different one. I don't hate fatties and I know some nice fat white ladies, but being in denial about this is dumb.
>>
>>10701118
When it comes to obesity America just has a problem accross the board. It is highest among african americans and white americans, but America is very fat in general. I just think most people are uneducated about food and nutrition. Most people I meet don't understand how calories and weight gain work to the point where people think you can be genetically 600 + lbs. Its pretty sad.
>>
>>10701118
Why white though? White people on average are less obese in terms of black or latin and also have a greater chance of losing the weight, due to culture

I mean I'm not sure why you'd hate being white and fat, specifically unless you were racist desu

There's literally no benefit to being any race and fat.
>>
>>10701121
Thats true I would say its worse to be asian and fat because you have a smaller frame and its easier to become overweight with less weight then a taller white person.
>>
>>10701126
Sounds about right. Usually weight carries worse on short frames, honestly. I've been friends with some pretty tall men and they are definitely overweight but none of them are classified as overweight, because their stature is just so large. Ironically, just because they are tall they also usually get more women than your average short male with less weight on their frame too. I think overall, just being shorter and fatter is probably going to be worse.
>>
>>10701130
>>10701126
Do you guys not understand that being overweight and obese is in part based on your height, not just the number on the scale alone?
>>10701121
I said white cause the original person's picrel was of a fat white lady in a hospital.
>>
>>10701157
Thats literally the point I was making. Smaller frames can be over weight at a lower weight then someone taller. Also, who cares if they are white. Being obese is bad for anyone.
>>
>>10701206

Unless you're like 4'11 it's pretty easy to maintain your weight for your height. Asians still are much less obese than whites even with smaller average heights, so if anything, your argument is making things even sadder for white people.
>>
>>10701206
>who cares if they're white
I didn't care initially but when someone says "hehe ur fat and white" with a picture, and I'm neither, I can correct them. Not my fault people tried to turn it into some racist black or latino hating thing in a desperate attempt to feel superior for being white.
>>
>>10701208
>>10701207
NTA but being an asian american, no it's not "easier" to maintain weight when shorter. If you're relatively new to America, as in you're here with a few generations then sure but there is still relatively high obesity rates in asian americans because our diet's don't really keep people healthy with short heights and massive amounts of caloric intake from fast food.
>>
>>10701212
>massive amounts of caloric intake from fast food.
I'm sorry you eat a ton of fast food? My parents instilled a lot of value in cooking at home and eating balanced diets. Yeah the Asian community has more older people pushing some of us more sensitive kids towards EDs unknwoingly with how commenting on weight is common (I was ana for a bit as a preteen but am better now and still healthy but slim) but EDs are an issue in every group. Even being in America traditional foods my family would make kept me healthy growing up and I learned to cook as a teen. There's fast food in Asia too. Even if you eat fast food now and then, being in America doesn't somehow make you legally required to eat everything on the menu.
>>
>>10701216
I think the point is anyone of any race can over eat and be fat, jesus
>>
>>10701219
Yeah anyone of any race can be thin too anon we all knew this already
>>
>>10701212

I never said it was easier, only that it isn't necessarily harder when you're shorter unless again, you're a literal dwarf. Reading comprehension anon.
>>
>>10701115
Anon this data is over 15 years old
>>
>>10701426
I'm sure people are fatter now in 2020-2021, if that makes you happy. The majority of us that even went to gyms got locked out.
>>
>>10700298
I mean it's really as obvious as a reason as you think.. they're fat and majority of people do NOT find that visually pleasing
>>
Why are people so mean about other people's cosplay despite not having anything better to show?
>>
>>10700862
Depends on bone structure, and where the flesh collects. Having flesh accumulate in the same region of the body makes it easier to hide the fat, creating the illusion that you're skinny. Fat collects in my butt, thighs, and stomach area. 152cm here, I look chubby once I go past 125 lbs. I'm healthiest at 110-120. But my upper body is twiggy so I can hide the thiccness with skirts and dresses
>>
>>10700862
115. But my fat all goes to my tits and ass. I count that, personally because all my clothes fucking bulge afterwards. IDK why buy my tits literally balloon up so easily from the wrong diet.
>>
>>10701478
5'2 btw.

>>10701476
You're 4'9 and saying 110-120 for healthy? what? If I imagined one of my best friends (who was that height) at that weight, they would be chubby..? Usually you're only skinny around 4'9 in the low 100's to 90's.. your bmi is through the roof, my friend..
>>
>>10701479
Honestly sounds like they're just trying to cope especially by saying they can "hide" their "thiccness" which really just means they're fat and think calling themselves thicc while trying to hide their body in clothing somehow negates that.
>>
>>10701488
That's what it sounds like. I don't imagine they work out at all, so likelihood of that being any amount of muscle is slim too..
>>
gulls, what (american dress size) does AP skirts usually fit? i'm a size 6/8 and was wondering if they'd fit well
>>
>>10701590
you could just look up the measurements, you know, rather than guessing if it will fit based on a bed generalization
>>
>>10701476

Lol just sounds like you're deconditioned on the top like everyone else who doesn't exercise.
>>
>>10701590
i'm a size 2/4 and they fit but feel a little tight

>>10701597 is right though, you can't go wrong with just comparing your measurements
>>
Does Katsucon not have a masquerade/craftsmanship contest next year? Their website and social media seem to be really slim
>>
went to animenyc over the weekend with some friends. i have a genuine interest in cosplay, but the social aspect feels weird. i live in nyc, and i dislike being the center of attention, or having an awkward interaction because the other person doesn't want attention. without my friends, the con would've been far more lonely and awkward. im planning my own cosplay for next year, but i'm not sure how to reconcile

1) attracting attention
2) giving someone unwanted attention
3) meeting new people/making friends
4) not having any social media accounts (i learned that people like to swap socials when asking for pictures)
5) having no social media history which will seem creepy to people

or am i retarded for trying to reconcile my anti-social nyc upbringing with an inherently social event?
>>
File: ht4g342.jpg (263 KB, 564x423)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Is it safe to use a forwarding service to order tea from Japan to the US?
I know this is a retarded question, I've just never ordered any kind of food item with a forwarder before and I don't want to run into some obscure import restriction.
>>
>>10701639
I just ordered some through Remambo and had it shipped EMS with no issues.
>>
>>10701619
>1) attracting attention
if you're going to the event in cosplay rather than a tshirt & jeans, then u have to suck it up
>2) giving someone unwanted attention
same goes for them
>3) meeting new people/making friends
you can meet people without becoming friends, so don't put pressure on yourself, just chat with them for a bit to pass the time if you like
>4) not having any social media accounts (i learned that people like to swap socials when asking for pictures)
give them a Discord username, surely you have one of those at least?
>5) having no social media history which will seem creepy to people
yes, that does sound weird, like you're insecure, paranoid, or hiding something. usually people have at least a dead account they've stopped posting to but still use for messaging. maybe it's time to make one that's just for cosplay w.i.p. photos/showing off fan merch, like at least an old-timey blog page if you don't want to be on a mainstream social site
>>
>>10701639
Would recommend Kyoto Obubu tea btw. No shopping service needed.
>>
Can you do snipe bidding on lacemarket?
>>
>>10701603
People born female store more fat in their legs and butt and people born male store more fat in their upper body
>>
>>10701697
yes
>>
>>10700862
4'11 and probably around 120-125 bc i dont really gain weight in my stomach area. i look best at 100-110 though
>>
>>10701609
There is absolutely no way they feel tight on a 2/4. I could comfortably fit most unshirred AP at a size 6.
>>
>>10701814
anon was asking about AP skirts. the older ones especially have measurements much smaller than their dresses. as a US size 0 their older skirts fit fine if not a tiny bit loose, but i can see how it can be a bit tight for a size 4 specially after eating and sitting down etc.
>>
>>10701821
The problem is that US sizes are basically not consistent at all. She needs to find out what her actual measurements are in cm, not just guessing about sizing. Especially for skirts, where her skirt size might be drastically different from her dress size depending on how thin her waist is.
>>
>>10701609
>they fit but feel a little tight
>size 2/4
doubt.jpeg
>>
>>10701828
idk I just watched a girl squeeze herself into sugary carnival on a reel on insta, she had to be a dress size 8..

looked like a sausage
>>
>>10701840
post the insta i wanna see it
>>
>>10700250
what does ISO stand for? i get it means people are looking for an item but just wondering what the exact meaning is
>>
are all the taobao brands for classic lolita, just trash?
IW is trash rn and victorian maiden is putting out some meh shit, so i want to look at other options
>>
>>10701851
in search of
>>
>>10701851
in search of
>>
>>10701855
>are all taobao brands trash?
Yes.
>>
Moving soon and i need some advice. I'm getting a hanging bag w pockets for all my jewelry and bows which is fine, but what's the best way i can store my dresses to move them safely? I don't want to throw them in a box, because I feel like they'll snag I guess? I thought of garment bags but I have 26 dresses and the cost is way too high to get decent quality ones.

Also will the hanger I got for my jewelry damage my acrylic and clay pieces over time? Heeeeeelp
>>
Dropped pic
>>
File: download.jpg (121 KB, 1642x1642)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>10701895
you can get wardrobe boxes, which would probably be your best bet, but they're not very space effective
>>
>>10701895
You could always get one of those vacuum sealer bags that will reduce the amount of space your dresses take up while protecting them
>>
>>10701895
i just put mine in a box, but mine are secondhand cotton, so I don't worry about snags much. maybe drycleaner plastic bags would be cheaper than sturdy garment bags & enough to keep them from getting snagged?
>>
File: 3ffd02e5d3.jpg (106 KB, 722x800)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>10700250
why are star petticoats (picrel) largely considered ita/hated by so many people? imo they're not the worst things someone could wear, especially when they're used in coords with star or lunar motifs.
>>
>>10700862
I'm 5'0. When I was around 130lb I definitely looked chubby, no way around it. Around 120 it was better but I still had a bit of a gut and general roundness, not ideal imo. 110 was ok but I personally like to maintain 100-105. If it helps I have a small frame and low muscle mass so ymmv if you are stronger
I think by /cgl/ standards I would be normal weight, which is fair because it's healthy for my height and I look neither stick-like nor chubby. But in practice a lot of people tell me "you are so thin" because the average person here is like 10lbs overweight.
anyway everything I'm seeing claims BMI underestimates for short people, i.e. your more accurate BMI should be a little higher than the standard calculation says it is.
>>
>>10701928
They’re not the worst, they’re just overused. Sometimes they don’t hit the skirt right and look awkward or don’t mesh with the other metallics in the coord or print. It gets shoehorned in because it might match the theme when it may not match the tone/vibe of the coord (ex. Pairing sweet AP bunny jewelry with classic IW bunny prints).
>>
>>10701928
they're ugly and scream cheap taobao
>>
>>10701880
why do so many on here say this. sure there are some shit quality clothes there but you can find taobao brands that have good quality as well.
>>
>>10701982
they just haven't found the good quality brands or something, not sure.
also i feel like the possibility of someone preferring taobao branding over big brands is never really discussed.
>>
>buys burando
>buys taobao
>buys western indie lolita

i am the enemy to you all.
>>
>>10701984
>>10701982
I've bought 'good quality' from china since lolitas started buying from china. I'm gonna be real with you, the comparison now in 2021 on price -- taobao is shit comparatively now. I'm not sure why any of you are paying those prices for the quality being lesser than Japan.
>>
>>10701895
when i moved, i put everything in a bag. i had over 100 mainpieces but i just couldn’t risk it. sometimes i would get a bigger garment bag from a purchase i would keep that and put 2-3 dresses in it during the move. i also kept a lot of my AP bags and they came in handy. i think you can look into buying a pack of packaging bag or even mailers and fold your dresses into there. then you can still reuse them later on for shipping or gifting.
>>
>>10701982
imo for "good quality" taobao you really have to dig. More often than not though a lot of taobao is garbage quality.
>>
>>10701855
there's still good classic, but imo, nothing that could be comparable to VM or good IW in style. Miss Point has a couple pieces, maybe. I got a nice blouse from Surface Spell. Also nice cotton dresses from Boguta, they're very country, could be used for mori too. But other brands, like Classical Puppets for example, seem to be doing that kind of ott stuff still. You'd have to dig.

also there was a thread discussing good taobao a couple months back so check the archives, some gems were posted
>>
File: 1636133015345.jpg (103 KB, 1125x1124)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I need some online shopping advice. I ordered some clothes from a Shopify store, and I had to e-mail the seller to get them to actually send out the shipment after 8 days.
So, I checked the page and waited 2 days, but there was no tracking number, even though I paid for a shipping option that had tracking. I emailed the seller again asking them to add it so I could...track the package. This was 2 days ago, no update or response. Tbf, they didn't respond to the first e-mail I sent asking them to ship my order, I just got an automated e-mail notifying me that the order was shipped after I asked.
I might just be paranoid because of the first thing, but I don't know. I feel weird about this. How long should I wait before hitting them up again if they don't add it, or possibly seeking a refund through my bank/card company?
>>
how do i get lolita gf?
>>
>>10701895
I would carefully fold and put each dress into a separate plastic bag (even plain white trash bags or something would work since it’s just temporary but I wouldn’t use them for long term storage) then put them in boxes big enough to allow some “breathing room”. You can also layer some tissue paper in between the folds to keep the different parts of the dress from rubbing against each other when folded and help prevent snags if there’s any beading or other rough areas.
>>
Is there anywhere I can buy authentic JK seifukus that aren't made out of cheap materials?
>>
>>10702080
japan
>>
>>10702089
KEK

>>10702080
Seriously, though if you really want quality and aren't stingy try CONOMi: https://www.conomi.jp/fs/seifukushop/c/ladies-sailorfuku
>>
>>10701985
Congrats. No one cares if you want to buy cheap shit.
>>
I'm wondering if there is any place where we can pay actual professionals to do cosplay suits.

Let me explain, you can buy some 300$ suits on aliexpress but it will never look as good as the suits made for the movies by pros.
Has any "pro" who left the movie industry devided to go freelance and sells cosplay suits ?
>>
if i have thighs and an ass am i going to fit into qutie frash pants? i'm very skinny on top and have no problem with skirts but my legs are a little thicc
>>
>>10702124
Take. Your. Measurements.
>>
>>10702140
Yeah…And… that would work really great for me if sellers ever bothered to put any measurements for pants listings.
At least their website has measurements maybe i’ll just suck it up and buy new
>>
>>10702149
>their website has measurements
You answered your own dilemma.
>>
>>10702149
nonnie idk if you're just slow, but find out the size of the pants secondhand. then find the measurements on their website for that size. easy.
>>
>>10702152
I have been trying to do that but they just say ‘the siZe is freEsize’ or no response. like what am i supposed to do with that.
And…the ones that i want aren’t on the website so it’s really fun. Anyway whatever i have my measurements but it means fuck all when i’m trying to snipe on cc or something
>>
ok not really a question but someone PLEASE talk me out of impulse buying a 3D printer for cosplay shit, because i definitely will print a few half-baked props and then abandon it.
>>
>>10702155
Try finding a makerspace or university instead. They typically have 3D printers available that you can use either for the cost of materials or a low fee. If you use it enough, you can rationalize the cost of actually getting a machine and know you won't abandon it.
>>
>>10702155
some libraries have 3d printers, but it's a hot item, so you have to sign up on a waitlist
>>
How do i lose weight gulls im 170 and consistently eat the same lean protein meals w veggies and fibers rich things like lentils, have protein shakes w fruit, no snacks or extra sugar.
>can't lower caloric intake as it severely worsens my depression/anxiety symptoms and I can't even do my job without passing out
>working out makes me thiccer, not leaner, thanks to my ancestors who survived famine i guess
>already have a thicc frame, broad shoulders, strong arms, big ass
>just want burando socks to fit, but working out makes my calves and thighs BIGGER
>whywasiborn.png

H e l p
>>
>>10702172
cardio and stop eating
>>
>>10702172
Weigh your food. Stop drinking your calories
>>
>>10700298
I'm fat and heavily into lolita but I haven't bought a single piece yet because the thought of seeing myself as a disgusting monster trying to emulate cuteness makes me want to slash my throat with a broadsword
>>
>>10702182
>heavily into lolita
>haven't bought a single piece yet
No. You're just heavy.
>>
>>10702182
use it as your goal. if you wanna slim down, you can use getting into lolita as your goal
>>
how well do angelic pretty OTKs that fit for girls with thicker calves? (muscular calves)
>>
>>10702196
This is what I'm doing. Without lolita I wouldn't have the motivation to try to lose weight as almost nothing else makes me happy. I can tell I lost a little bit already but I don't have access to a scale. Want to get down to around 125-130 (Was at 235). Not going to tell anyone about it and just let everyone figure out on my own as I don't want to upset my larger friends.
>>
>>10702204
you got this! i believe in you fellow gull!
>>
>>10702207
Thank you!
>>
>>10702203
Not very well. I put on a bit of weight in lockdown and had to lose it before I could wear my AP socks. My calves currently measure 38cm at the widest point and my socks only just fit.
>>
>>10702173
I can't do that, I'll get really ill and depressed and not be able to move
>>10702175
I literally only drink water and protein shakes that are like. 200 calories max for breakfast. I don't drink lemonade, tea, or soda and haven't in years.
>>
>>10702173
I mean I can do cardio. I do it already 3 times a week and I haven't lost weight in months. I'm breaking a sweat too
>>
>>10702204
You can do it gull!!!! Stay strong!!!
>>
>>10702254
>>10702255
just kill yourself then if you're this retarded.
>>
>>10702257
Post hand
>>
>>10702159
>>10702161

thanks seagulls the moment (and sale) has passed, will definitely follow up on this!
>>
>>10702254
>protein shakes
you realize, unless you're working out then this does nothing for you but gain weight.

You should either be experimenting with what works for your body type or read a bit more. I eat just stir fried cauliflower for dinner and probiotic yogurt for lunch, for when I have my diet days and then I eat normal on other days. It works for me, personally and I am short. I work out as well, so that helps.

Probiotics, as a tip, if you are trying to lose weight will be a huge help for your metabolism.
>>
File: 1636978751595.jpg (179 KB, 484x645)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>10700250
Any tips on finding solid colored half-bonnets? I would like to add a black one to my wardrobe as a staple. I know brands release them sometimes and triple fortune is also known to for them, but is there anything I need to be careful with?
>>
>>10700250
i'm way out of the loop. what happened to rose nocturnia?
>>
>>10702286
she told some fatties to stop wishing for plus-size AP, and they cannibalized her
>>
Anyone who has ordered from neokyo, do they mark it as a gift when repackaging items? Really don't feel like paying the £10 royal mail fee lol
>>
Anyone know what cities have really active comms with nice people, and maybe i won’t get nasty looks or feel unsafe if i wear lolita in public?
I want to move to a random city that is relatively safe. and lolita is important to me. I work in tech so i can move anywhere basically.
>>
>>10702329
idk but I would advise against ordering from them. They sent me a posted in flat packaging and it arrived horribly bent.
>>
I know swimmer is back but where tf is the new site? I wanna buy some shit
>>
>>10702365
NTA, but is their packaging normally poor?
I see them recommended a lot for Mercari and I don't want to use Buyee because their fees are really high.
>>
File: Quicksilver_Helm.gif (1.87 MB, 260x260)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
I want to make some kinda helmet or something with a one way visor like pic related, If I buy some acrylic how can I heat it up in such a way to shape it like so? If I need to make it into multiple pieces like so then I dont mind, https://www.etsy.com/listing/1030082917/cyberpunk-mask-cosplay-helmet-dj-mask
>>
>>10702367
ayrt but i wish i could tell you. that was my first order from them and im never using them again after that. not with what they charge.
>>
by chance, does anyone know how much cm Fairy Season shirring stretches?
>catchpa: 282AP
>>
Is it dumb to wear ankle socks over tights?
>>
>>10702409
no, just do it well
>>
>>10702413
What are examples of well and not well?
>>
>>10702416
nta but i hate when people use solid black tights and basically any socks with them.
>>
>>10702416
Nayrt but I like the example from the btssb model in the picrel, where the tights are a very sheer pair with a nice pattern on the lace while the socks are completely opaque. Idk how I'd feel about opaque tights and opaque socks.
>>
>>10702409
If the socks match the tights, I think it looks cute. Tights tend to be a thinner material so wearing socks can help prevent friction/wear from the shoes.
>>
>>10702409
Honestly I really hate this look but that's just my onion
>>
>>10702436
I agree, I like the combo only if the textures work. Opaque solid color tights never look good in lolita IMO.
>>
>>10702409
looks fine only if the tights are sheer
>>
Really dumb but I've been out of the loop for a few years, I have a bunch of older AP jsks and ops (2004-09 stuff) and I have always felt too tall for them. Would they sell decently?
>>
>>10702511
Post them in the price check thread if you want a better answer. It's hard to say how well they'd sell and honestly depends on the dresses. Obviously if they're popular ones they'll sell but if you have lucky pack shit it's unlikely you'll get much.
>>
>>10702511
Feel free to send me an email, I might be interested in some of the earlier ones if you’re looking for a quick sale
>>
>>10702511
Got anything in black?
>>
>>10702512
Thank you!

>>10702515
>>10702516

Posted a short list in the price check thread. I need to look through lolibrary because I don't remember the names of some. There's also a non-print moitie op that I have no idea what is called.
>>
>>10702519
Got any pictures of the moitie OP? I’m looking for more Moitie pieces at the moment.
>>
File: 20211128_141601.jpg (2.09 MB, 2342x3560)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>10702528
Took a really quick oictur of it just now and looked up the number listed on the inside tag. Lolibrary says it's the Leaf Lace OP
>>
>>10702533
Wow, it’s gorgeous! I’d definitely be interested in purchasing this, feel free to send an email to further discuss
>>
I'm looking for old princess Peachie videos, especially her old wardrobe tour. I know she privated most of her old videos so if anyone has a link it would be great
>>
if you are a lifestyle lolita

how did you get your friends and family used to your fashion? how long did it take them to adjust and stop asking questions about it (other than kind/normal ones)?
>>
>>10702658
Honestly, no one really cared. The people around me already knew I was weird, so it wasn't really a surprise. Even my coworkers never really asked any questions and just comment that they like how I dress sometimes (though obviously my outfits are a bit more toned down for the office). I did start wearing lolita in high school, so most of the people I know now got to know me when I was already wearing the fashion at least semi-regularly.
>>
>>10702539
If you go to her playlists tab you should be able to find most of them
>>
>>10702671
Thanks!
>>
how do I get a btssb luckypack? mintkismet said "Baby the Stars Shine Bright will be accepting in store reservation lottery entry for their fukubukuro starting next week"
would i have to use her as an SS? Who else could I use?
>>
I want to be a lifestyle lolita and i’m looking at indie stuff. What are your thoughts on glittertale? I am thinking of picking up a jsk secondhand. it seems nice for casual. I think they do use shitty looking lace but i’d get something without it.
i could get burando but do i really want to run around and sweat in a $300 dress
>>
File: picture.jpg (85 KB, 784x710)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Costume like these can only be spot cleaned ,correct?
>>
Saw someone in CoF wearing this cutsew recently. Can anyone tell if it was adapted or made from an OnS pattern? The shop is Cherie Cerise and they don't sell this style anymore but I would love to make it myself and I'm collecting OnS mags anyway but don't think I've seen this style in the ones I currently own. There is a current cutsew on their site that reminds me of an OnS one though so I figured I'd ask and see before drafting or adjusting from a pattern I already have.

I've recently gotten over my hatred of sewing with knit fabrics and plan to buy an overlocker soon for my birthday as well so I'm about to hop into cutsew and custew OP overdrive.
>>
File: 20600_original.jpg (117 KB, 409x660)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>10702719
Fuck dropped pic
>>
>>10702699
I mean desu I think you're better off looking for used brand. Quality and good materials actually matters a LOT more for daily wear. It's much easier to take care of good quality pieces (including washing out sweat and stains) and they'll be much more comfortable.

And if you're at a point in your life where you're too worried to wear a $300 dress, then you really shouldn't be trying to be a lifestyle lolita. Shoes, legwear, blouses, etc. are much more prone to wear and tear than a dress and it's not like those are cheap. (And if you are trying to get away with cheap quality secondary pieces, they'll tend to wear out even faster and be more uncomfortable, so you aren't going to save much/any money that way.)
>>
>>10702729
I’m worried as in ‘i am wearing sugary carnival which i love dearly. i can’t sit down on this muddy grass or i have to walk around all day with this stain here’.
I want something nicer than bodyline for days that i can just go hiking or sit in the wet grass and absolutely fuck it up . without feeling sad i got sauce or something on ap.
Cost is not the issue, i splurge a lot on quality leather shoes and bags. I feel ok to wear burando if it’s not a messy activity.

idk if i can mentally bring myself to go to chinese hotpot in a kumya dress. I did go once wearing antique beast but that’s because its all black anyway.
Do you think i should get over it and just wear baby or ap to easily messy activities like that? I can try to.
>>
>>10702732
Get some MAM, their stuff is sturdy as hell and decently cheap.
>>
>>10702254
stop fucking making excuses, fatass
>>
>>10702732
picnic blankets and aprons exist, i bring a lolita raincoat to art studio if i feel like im going to be messy. would you still feel good in something cheap as long as it's lolita? i personally rather just take more precautions like bringing my tide pen, stain remover sheets, blankets, and extra pair of shoes while still feeling good in my burando
>>
>>10702744
this but also you're not less of a lifestyler for wearing non lolita clothes on messy studio days or wearing roomwear at home. House painters wear coveralls for a reason, for example, cause some paints aren't removable or take considerable effort to remove. It just depends. But things like eating out, I think it's fine to wear lolita since food stains are simple enough to remove and you can always place a napkin in your lap or as a bib if you reallly think you'll have trouble with spills. I agree with anons above preferring brand for ease of cleaning. I think it's honestly easier to neatly remove stains or food spills from nicer materials.
>>
>>10702737
I will look at mam, thanks!
>>10702744
I’m not a very prepared kind of person to bring a lot of stuff beforehand, nor do i like carrying a lot of stuff around. usually i will just randomly decide to go into the woods or something if i am already outside. i can start to pack a blanket and tide pen beforehand in my car that should help.
I guess if something is rare/desirable like brand and has somewhat of a status symbol, i feel obligated to be careful about it and i feel stressed if i am trying to adventure while wearing it. If i’m just going to a meetup and then not adventuring, then i have no qualms about wearing brand.
Glittertale for example is not a status symbol. so i wouldn’t feel bad about it getting messed up. Even though the cost for glittertale is the same as used brand. I guess that’s my weird brain.
Maybe i will buy 1 glittertale thing to see for myself. because i have only burando in my closet and never ventured outside of it. but otherwise will focus on getting more brand and bringing supplies beforehand
>>
>>10702747
That makes sense and i think you’re right its easier to get stains out of nicer material. I never had trouble getting stains out of brand but i did have some trouble with less nice stuff like putumayo. Thanks i’ll just chill out about it and also pack an apron thing with me
>>
>>10702732
NAYRT but you should just wear what you like, don't you?
I can't give a really good advice but maybe this can help you. 1)Poly usually makes you sweat more but easier to clean. 2)Cotton is more breathable and softer but harder to clean if dress gets dirty on hiking and needs ironing more often than not.
>>
>>10702761
Yeah you are right i will work on chilling out about it and be able to wear my clothes that i like!
Also thank you! the poly cotton thing helps a lot i didnt know that. I don’t have a lot of poly but i will get more because i don’t sweat easily anyway and it doesnt wrinkle easily right?
>>
>>10702743
god forbid people have medical issues. you need to eat to keep your metabolism up and actually lose weight, it's just about not eating more than what your body will burn. plus starving yourself isn't the way to lose weight either, dumbass. people like you make this board more trash than it already is.
>>
>>10702787
Did the fat cloud your brain already
>>
>>10702172
As a tall person who isn’t stick thin to make up for it I also can’t pull off OTKs. Just invest in tights instead and stay away from small patterns.
>>
>>10702787
>people like you make this board more trash than it already is.

Irony. If you take bait this easily, then no. That's you.
>>
>>10702788
post your hand then fatty
>>10702791
kek i love salt
>>
>>10702787
no one starves themselves and remains fat kek. it is physically impossible and is a well-known fattie cope. that’s why are never whales in concentration camps
>>
>>10702747
ayrt yeah i totally agree, i was just giving anon options as another lifestyler/daily myself with a mostly brand wardrobe. i once got oil paint smeared onto AP, it all came out but now i bring a raincoat lol
>>10702748
i definitely don't wear my more precious dresses to a potentially messy event, just because if i do mess it up the blame is all on me for choosing to wear it that day. i don't know how often you launder your dresses, but like other anons have said they're quite resilient if you do it right. good luck and and honestly the most important is you have fun!
>>
>>10702172
The literal only way to decrease your weight is to take in less calories than you burn. Start by calculating your BMR and your TDEE. Eat under your TDEE but always over your BMR. EVERYONE feels shit when they are losing weight. If you actually want it bad enough you'll deal with it
>>
>>10702817
>EVERYONE feels shit when they are losing weight

nta but as someone who has lost weight, i felt great and feel even better now. only felt poorly when i messed up and ate too much or hindered my progress. physically and mentally it was much better than when i did nothing. that said everyone is different and it is unfun or not enjoyable for some people, but you can do things like making sure to stay hydrated, choose exercise and foods you enjoy, and communicate with a doctor and nutritionist to make sure if you feel like shit it isn't some other issue beyond the weight loss.
>>
>>10702820
I agree. I felt infinitely better with a healthy diet and knowing I was making better choices than gulfing down 5 bags of chips on the daily.
>>
Weird question but do you think wearing jfash would make you a target for crime? I'm going to a city that has quite a bit and I was advised to try to blend in. The thing is, I don't really have much normie winter-appropriate clothing right now. Would you say it's important or that it won't make a big difference if you try to stay safe in general?
>>
File: Kakurimi_Alt_Front.png (641 KB, 628x1059)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
Reposting from my first fucked up attempt to post.
Any reccomendations as to how to bandage your arms in a way that would make the bandages stay in place? They seem to slip with the slightest movements.
Also, any ideas for shoulder pieces? I have about a week left, but don't want them to look like complete shit.
>>
LM mods deleted my listing for an item of clothing saying it’s not lolita. It’s from an old lolita brand that has been sold on lacemarket for years. Wtf os going on and if i message them with that info do you think they’ll let me list it again?
>>
>>10702918
what piece was it, can you show? genuinely curious because a lot of non lolita shit gets on lacemarket

and probably, definitely get proof of it being from a lolita brand but sometimes just because it's from a lolita brand doesn't mean it's lolita. think of Angelic Pretty sneakers and hoodies.
>>
>>10702922
Sorry it’s a unique piece and i would doxx myself if i posted here. It looks punk but was still made for a petticoat. Also punk is still a category on lm.
And lm allow angelic pretty sneakers and hoodies to be sold since its lolita related. so wtf still.
I’ll message the mods i guess
>>
>>10702923
>old lolita brand
>punk
>petticoat
u sure about that. you mean old ebay brand?
>>
>>10702938
It’s a defunct japanese brand lol and it looks like something putumayo would do. Everyone else seemed to be fine with it because nobody had commented except asking for measurements. Anyway whatever. i already messaged the moderators so we’ll see i suppose.
What even is an old ebay brand lol. Is that like hot topic
>>
>>10702941
Chinese garbage. It's what jillxpunk or w/e would put out on ebay. It's your stereotypical ita wear, except now we've made it way more acceptable because all those companies make bank from egirls or really misled newbies lmfao. (most taobao shit that misses the mark hard core is ita and desu ita wear was made from china back in the day)

basically our standards are shit in 2021. I just assumed it was probably one of those
>>
>>10702943
Ahh gotcha, yeah i shoulda said it wasn’t chinese shit lol.
It’s from this brand like 15 years ago. I guess it’s not really lolita but it kind of is related?
Man i don’t know anymore but didn’t this kind of shit pop up in glb before
>>
>>10702946
GLB isnt the determination of what is a lolita item. That shit isnt for LM, try depop.
>>
>>10702949
???since when is glb not a determination of lolita?
Sure i’ll try depop. Never gonna understand why liz lisa can be listed on lm and my putumayo shit can’t lol
>>
>>10700301
Why do you care so much about what fat people do…. maybe you have some stuff to sort out with yourself desu
>>
>>10702953
since LM is just for lolita and not brands that are featured in the alt fashion magazine called Gothic AND Lolita bible.

I dont think liz liza should be there too, but that isnt an excuse for being dumb too. Just report listings that arent lolita.
>>
Can this tea party be worn with the karamis or no? I’m thinking about going for the btssb lucky pack and i already have these shoes and a pair in white
>>
>>10702964
Wear what you want. Sweet lolita is sweet lolita. Also those aren't traditional tea parties.
>>
>>10702953
Man. It's like you newfags never learn that GLB is not all lolita. You read a damn magazine and think every single thing in a magazine for fashion is all the same thing. I really fucking hate to see you dress, if you can't identify and categorize the fashions.
>>
>>10702972
I’m even more confused anon. Should i be concerned that they aren’t traditional tea parties? what does that mean.
>>
>>10702975
>coming onto the stupid questions thread and getting in your feels about… stupid questions
Lol
>>
>>10702977
"tea party" technically is this specific shoe design, anon was just being pedantic though. Your pic just has a chunkier heel.
>>
Can someone make a new CoF thread please?? Theres so much trash on there rn
>>
How do I browse taobao? It's been years since I've used it and now everything is blocked
>>
>>10703054
I use the app and it works fine there. However, you can't google translate the app so might be a little difficult to navigate if you can't read chinese.
>>
>>10703054
You need an account to browse taobao that you can make with a phone number and it sends you a code to login everytime. Google voice numbers also work.
you can probably only browse it on your computer on firefox. It’s fucked up on chrome. it’s fucked up on mobile both via the taobao app and on mobile browser. Maybe you can get it to work otherwise, but i haven’t been able to.
Sometimes pages will load if you aren’t logged in.and then half the time it asks you to login.
Anyway thanks for coming to my ted talk.
>>
>>10702989
Done, feel free to dump
>>
Is Xianyu more likely to have replicas or bad stuff than jp secondhand markets, or is it relatively comparable?
>>
Newlita here. I'm about to bite the bullet and try to buy a cute blouse + dress I see from Atelier Pierrot.
Is there some basic things I should know before? Like maybe the generic "what type of style fits your body style" or even things to look out for when choosing accessories (other than avoiding taobao brands like the plague I guess). The /cgl/ pastebin is dead and most other sources don't give much advice other than "just be yourself lol" so I don't know where else should I ask.
>>
>>10703091
>Atelier Pierrot
I've heard their stuff is hit or miss for quality, truthfully. Just make sure you really look at what you're buying.

Taobao is fine for accessories. It's just testy when it comes to sweet deco. It usually looks like crap and very cheap.

A lot of 'just be yourself' is the fact that you're choosing a fashion that lets you be creative within a box. If you understand lolita and what makes lolita, then understand each individual sub category then from that you should get a good baseline of how to style. Also contrary to what a lot of anons would say, old school isn't a sub style. You can use old school pieces and just be sweet lolita, you can also style them old school, and possibly even OTT sweet. Yes, that's a just be yourself. Sweet lolita dresses rarely ever are gothic or classic, so if you get what consists of the sweet domain then you're fine. Figure out what *you* like. The best resource you'll get is looking through egl livejournal.
>>
>>10703091
don't forget that besides the lolita-specific advice you need to keep in mind basic clothing advice like what weather and what occasion are you choosing the items for. the items should make sense together so you aren't wearing a fancy summer blouse with a casual winter dress
>>
>>10703096
>I've heard their stuff is hit or miss for quality, truthfully. Just make sure you really look at what you're buying.
Really?
I'm pretty bad at judging the quality based on pictures alone, but I though they have good quality control atleast since MMM was also sold there. Should I just buy second hand for starters to save money until I could get the gist of it?

I see, so I guess taobao is fine for non-flashy accessories? Like ribbons and stuff?

Also yeah, I kinda understand what each style characteristic is, but I don't know which one would look good on me. I usually wear monochrome colours though so I'd like to try gothic lolita first. I'm just kinda anxious tho since it focused a lot on 'elegance' it would look ridiculous on me since I'm REALLY short. Like, below 5 feet short.

>>10703100
Thank you, will keep that in mind.
[spoiler]tbqh I would probably refuse to wear them outside and potentially getting germs on it. The thought of accidentally letting my burando came into contact with someone's bodily fluids in the public transportation send chills down my spine[/spoiler]
>>
>>10703114
Just buy secondhand to start off since you are new. You may find that your taste changes a lot too.
I tried on atelier pierrot in store and the photos looked fine. but the material was cheap trash and The whole thing was so bad that i dont think anyone could make it look good. Somehow they hid it in the photos. I have also seen someone wearing a different dress from them in person, and it looked and felt really nice.
Alice and the pirates has monochrome gothic stuff and their quality is much more standard and not bad, if you want to look at that. And i think its easier to find secondhand as there’s just more of it
Also If you are under 5 feet and want to do gothic, just get nice pair of pleasers or demonia platforms. It will add 4+ inches to your height and you should get them anyway for gothic
>>
Is it just me or is Wunderwelt more expensive now?
>>
>>10703090
china is the birthplace and factory of replicas so of course xianyu will be the same

>>10703177
It has been more expensive for quite some time now, same with closetchild
>>
I never used tenshi before, if she doesn’t respond to my request in 2 days should i just keep emailing her? I’m worried i’ll miss out on the pre order but it’s only been 1 day since i requested her to get it.
>>
>>10703178
that doesn't answer anything, faggot
>>
>>10703253
Depends on if you are following up on the same request or adding new requests. If you're adding new requests, yes, she will get to it. If it's the same one, no. She likely did get the item for you, just she's slow to correspond (likely because there is a plethora of emails to go through)
>>
>>10700622
But jeans can look good I think.
https://youtu.be/pEAXHLgFwno
>>
>>10703259
Nah it would just be me following up on the same request.
I didn’t get a paypal invoice or anything yet and i never ordered from her before. I did include my lm feedback which i have a good amount of.
so i thought she’d normally request a deposit? I just didn’t hear anything at all yet but maybe its normal and she did put in a lottery reservation for me, i’ll wait a few more days
>>
Why do you bully?

>>>/trash/43629403
>>
>>10702953
popping in to say maybe try kei market?
>>
>>10703285
Most of the people currently on cgl know nothing about oldfag drama, try lolcow where she probably still has a thread to this day and they hate vtubers.
>>
Anyone own anything from and romeo? I want to buy an op but the construction looks a little cheap
>>
Am I fucked if my shopping service is forcing me to ship over $1k worth of items via seamail? I guess I bought so much that they're just overlooking their policies of keeping purchases in the warehouse free of charge until EMS/air shipping resumes.
>>
>>10703293
Yes! I have a jsk from them and the fabric was really soft and nice. you can tell there were a few corners cut but it’s better quality than most Taobao brands and bodyline
>>
>>10703308
??can you not split them up into separate shipping?
It'll take a few months but it should get to you, it'd just be on a ship the whole time. also i don't think you should have trouble with customs because i've shipped that much via seamail and didn't hear anything about it. i'm in the usa btw
>>
>>10703310
I could, but my concern is mostly with the parcel getting lost on its way here, since I've never had any experience with seamail. My country's postal system is notorious for opening and stealing packages too, so if there's no tracking it's more likely to get "lost" that way.
>>
>>10703311
oh yeah seamail basically never updates tracking. it'll just turn up and the tracking says it's still on the ship.
idk you might be fucked if your shopping service refuses to hold it longer. you COULD have them ship to another shopping service that can hold it for you longer.
>>
Does anyone know if Meta is having another restock of their strawberry garden jsk?
>>
>>10703383
Yeah. Next shipment is in January
>>
>>10703264
I ordered from her again recently after not using her for a while and she purchased the item before I gave her any money so I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think it's rude to politely follow up and ask about it though.
>>
>>10703391
Yeah every time I've worked with Tenshi she didn't require a deposit. Maybe because I have a good history with her.
>>
where the fuck is the swimmer site. heard they were back but cant find jack shit.
>>
>>10703401
it's on rakuten.
https://item.rakuten.co.jp/pattys7/c/0000000424/
>>
>>10703386
Ily boo, thanks!
>>
Can I wash a white wired headbow without rusting if I dry it really quickly? All metal doesn't immediately rust when wet right, it takes a bit of time? Last time I took the wires out of a headbow it was tough to put it back together.
>>
>>10703417
You can dry it with a hairdryer on low heat
>>
>>10703313
I think I have no choice but to risk it and ship the clothes by seamail at this point, and forward fragile valuables via Yamato to someone else. Please pray for me.
>>
>>10703392
I think if you provide good feedback she doesn't require one since I barely used her before but she didn't need a deposit. It's a risk on her part but I'm glad she does that for items I want to snap up quick since waiting for an invoice can easily add an extra day with my timezone.
>>
What is the lace market counterpart for fairy kei?
>>
>>10703469
kei market
>>
Does any brand make crop top length blouses? Where can i get nice ones?
Idk if this is normal. but when i put on a normal length blouse under a jsk and i move around normally, the blouse tends to bunch up in the back like a balloon. I look like a hunchback because it spills out of the jsk.
I don’t have this problem with short length blouses, but I only have 2 of them and they’re vintage ones.
>>
>>10703469
You'll have better luck on depop than kei market.
>>
Does anyone know how the bay area comm is? Is it full of drama? It looks kinda dead from what i see on facebook
I might be moving there
>>
>>10703599
taobao is absolutely full of cropped blouses. But they're usually the really simple chiffon with elastic type.
>>
>>10703651
those are all absolute shit quality and fugly though. look for ones with actual ruffles and lace details.
>>
File: 1172946663.jpg (44 KB, 640x640)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
when looking for long sweatshirts with original print which brands should i look at secondhand other than milk?
>>
How can you wash rectangle headdresses?
>>
>>10703659
This. There's too many people who push taobao as an absolute end all be all. There's only SOME good blouses on taobao and the majority of them are ita tier and cheap.

If you're new, you need to ask yourself -

Is this made out of cheap material?
Is the design cheap looking?
Does it look tacky and not fit the typical lolita brand designs?

Then there you go, don't buy that cheap shit. You just end up looking like you're wearing bargin bin ita clothing.
>>
>>10703679
Literally just hand wash them gently.
>>
would it be weird to buy one of those premium brand randoserus? I always get self-conscious when I see them, they're so cute but I know they're not for me and I don't want to be thought of as an ageplayer...
>>
>>10703708
I got a non-premium one, and I regret getting one at all. Sometimes I buy ridiculous stuff just to wear around the house, but I have no reason to wear a bag around the house.
>>
>>10703469
Just shop the Japanese markets, you’ll actually find decent deals and not have to sift through a hundred mid-tagged Normie pastel bs
>>
>>10703708
Unless you live in Japan 99% of the people who see you each day will have no idea that it's a childrens' backpack, even if you got it in cutesy colors or patterns. They'd just think of it as a bag, just like if you were carrying a messenger bag or wearing a normie backpack. And the 1% that did recognize a randoseru would think you had it bc it's a nice bag. Backpacks don't imply ageplay.

If you're really that worried, don't wear it with nanchatte or age-play-ish sweet lolita?
>>
>>10703708
>>10703725

This, i thought randoserus were just normal backpacks this whole time. Isn’t it like jansport backpacks? elementary school kids have them and so do adults so i imagine it’s the same for this. It’s just a backpack, nothing age player about it. I guess stay away from pastel kiddy ones if you’re worried about looking ageplayer, but there are plenty of normal cute ones
>>
>>10703708
Just be careful with where you're buying it. A lot of those places selling "genuine" randoserus are just reselling from taobao.
>>
>>10703708
they're literally bags for elementary school children. normies probably won't know and won't care but anyone who knows about japan and/or anime will probably judge the fuck out of you, i know i would if i saw a grown ass woman wearing that in public
>>
looking to buy a wig or two for lolita coords, where buy.
>>
Can meta be considered mature sweet? Or classic-sweet?
I just feel like it’s so different from stuff ap puts out even though both are technically sweet?
>>
>>10704001
ap doenst determine what sweet is as a style. meta mostly does sweet as well.
>>
>>10704001
Does it matter?
>>
>>10704026
I’m just trying to learn more about the styles and tell what kinds of assesories can go with each. I feel like meta can be worn with a vintage mary jane and not a normal teaparty
>>
>>10703793
Alice garden
>>
When I'm measuring armscye, should I go straight down from the shoulder point or follow the shoulder around?
>>
File: 170410010059.jpg (17 KB, 411x480)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>10704029
Their mary jane is basically a tea party.
>>
>>10704029
Meta is just sweet lolita. Their styles have just always been experimental.
>>
>>10704050
Follow the shoulder around with the measuring tape standing up, perpendicularly to the armscye
>>
Is the new sugary carnival longer than the original one? I have the original and it’s too short it looks like kids clothes on me. and i’m only 160 cm tall. I want to sell mine and try to get a new one but idk if it would fit
>>
>>10701928
I think they're cute but they absolutely have to match your dress if you're going to use them.
>>
>>10704140
you could just have an unconventional frame. i know lolitas that aren’t tall but they’re pretty much all legs and little torso making their dress appear shorter, tbf im 167 cm and have sugary carnival though i dont think it looks THAT short on me bc of my build
>>
>>10704272
yeah i think so. i guess i do have an unconventional frame.
i looked on lolibrary and the new sc is the same length. i'm 160 cm but for some reason, the skirt part looks indecent on me for lolita. and i look fine in other ap dresses.
oh well, i'll just sell it and maybe get the tote bag instead for the cute print
>>
I bought from BABY last week but haven't received the shipping details yet. Should I reach out to them?
>>
>>10704559
Check the order page on the website, I often find there's tracking info there when I don't get email confirmation
>>
>>10704096
That worked out, also explained why the pattern drafting books' provided measurements were so small. Thank you.
>>
Is there something like closet child but for more casual brands like jouetie? i know fril and mercari but paying for shipping several times from different sellers really adds up
>>
What are the dates for the Winter and the Summer ILDs?
>>
Why don’t people talk about meta or their releases here? I rarely see comments about it. they have cute stuff from what i see. Is everyone just hyper focused on ap and baby?
>>
>>10705123
First Saturday in June and December
>>
>>10705187
Mostly on AP yes. You can post about meta yourself.
>>
>>10705405
thank you!

Could somebody give me a link for an item from Angel's Heart taobao shop? I don't have an account, so it won't let me browse, but if I have an item link I can plug it into Bhiner shopping service's site. I see the spreadsheet has the store link, but Bhiner only works with item links. Or any info on this lamb-themed dress from Angel's Heart would be appreciated as well.
>>
>>10703793
amazon, actually pretty good for the price
>>
Any recommendations for goth shoe brands for small feet? My feet are 21.5cm.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.