[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FC_yH1ZWUAEaFlS.jpg (278 KB, 1280x1036)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Previous: >>10672284

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Original Music Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU

Starting Topic: For those who attended AWA/Starlight Idol Fest, which performance was your favorite and why?

Featured Group: Peachy Parade
>>
>>10694383
So long Peachy Parade.
Never quite got that single outta you, but the memories were great.
>>
>>10694415
Hopefully they’ll upload it now since they sang it at their show
>>
sorry to stray from the starting topic so early, but i'll be debuting soon as was wondering if anyone could tell me what they really look for in a idol/odottemita performance and/or what makes them stand out and be memorable. i've been otherwise performing for years but i can't say im especially proud of anything i've done.
>>
>>10695022
Expressions and enthusiasm are the main things imo. You can be a garbage dancer, but if your energy is high and your facial expressions reflect that you're having fun and happy to be there, then it makes it an exciting performance to watch nevertheless.
>>
>>10695022
Agree with >>10695037. Audience engagement is everything in performing arts, including idol stuff.
>>
>>10695037
I do agree that expression and presence is very important, but imo being a bad dancer can completely ruin a performance. Going overboard with expression won't make up for sloppy or lackluster dance technique.
>>
>>10695037
Hard disagree. Shitty dancing can ruin a performance and make it look like a child dancing in front of a mirror. But a great dancer can get away with being straight faced and still make me want to get up and dance myself. Professional dancers do it all the time
>>
>>10695118
>>10695120
We're also talking about somebody in the context that they're debuting for the first time. Unless they've been training in dance for years up until now, it's better to be mediocre but at least have a personality than to be mediocre and look like you'd rather kill yourself than be on stage.
>>
Yeah, I don't mind dancing and singing that isn't, shall we say, the most polished, as long as they're done with enthusiasm and confidence. Part of the idea of an "idol" is someone who you can support as they grow and improve, so their skills don't have to be perfect from the getgo. As long as your performance shows how much you love what you're doing, and you're getting a little better with each performance, the rest isn't as important to me.
>>
HYBE announced auditions for an American girl group. Registration for an audition runs through the end of the month.
hybegeffen-audition.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5qKDE1O22g

I know it's a different industry but I figured I'd post since some of you might be interested.
>>
>>10695144
> You have to be 15-19
This is depressing
>>
>>10695144
It's pretty much thread related anyway. I'm interested in what they'll get in terms of talent. It's probably an 'open' audition where they already have people lined up or people they're contacting, because I am not sure how well that will go if its just a complete open audition. They'll probably grab 15 - 19 year olds who have been on singing talent shows before or are currently trying to enter the industry in general.
>>
>>10695147
And yet some people wonder why we 20 something's always feel like we've run out of time.
>>
>>10695147
>>10695151
The dodged bullet here I guess is they want children to mold to their image and do their bidding without complaint and have their individuality slowly erased over time, so would it really be worth it anyways lol
>>
>>10695153
Valid...lol
>>
>>10695147
It makes me sad in two ways.

Teens being molded into something that could ruin them later.
The fact that those of us over the age of 21 never really get opportunities (I know some people think it’s cringe to want to be a star after 25, but I think it could be cool to be in a group and prove that your life isn’t gonna end at 25.)
>>
>>10695129
Sadly it seems like most people in these threads do not have the same mindset and would rather try and tear down others who are trying their best, even if they are not professional quality.

Everyone starts somewhere and the mentality where people need to be perfect is part of the reason why I believe the community feels so toxic lately.

Slight change in topic, but someone last thread mentioned that the lack of events is also part of the reason why the community isn't as busy lately. but in my area I am seeing idols doing more events, and conventions are picking back up again. There was AWA this weekend, and Melancholiaah was great as always. Peachy Parade's graduation costumes were cute, they will be missed.

I also saw idols posting about going to Holmat, like Ayumi, Quartesque and Prismic. Is anyone here planning to go to holmat?
>>
>>10695163
Not this year. Also disappointed there won't be live singing for holmat idolfest. Hope this isn't a permanent thing.
>>
AWA was my first idol show experience and I thought it was kind of dumb how the audience was sitting in chairs. I wanted to get up and dance like a proper wota.
>>
were we not just talking about how bullshit the 'everyone can be an idol' mentality is?

and now we're telling someone they can get away with shit dancing if they smile.
>>
>>10695198
They were asking how to stand out to an audience in a live setting for the first time, we don't know their skill level so "be a good dancer" isn't useful advice in this scenario. I'd much rather enjoy watching someone trying their best with the right attitude over a talented experienced dancer who's resting bitch face kills any mood the song may have and would make them seem unapproachable. Improving after each performance is the "idol journey" anyway, as they say.
>>
>>10695180
It was due to Covid. They usually let you, but to keep the fest a little safer, they decided to keep the crowd a little further away from the performers and each other
>>
>>10695180
Thats like every con, good luck finding any in America that are okay with audiences jumping around during an event in main events halls.
>>
>>10695163
“>Ayumi, Quartesque, and Prismic”
Is Resolucia not going? Holmat is in Florida. Kinda disappointing
>>
>>10695180
You can't even do calls or wota in Japan at concernts right now due to covid
>>
>>10695250
that makes no sense. There were even larger crowds standing together literally right outside the door for registration. Crowds that could pull their mask down whenever they want as long as they occasionally sip on a bottle of water.

>>10695263
Kek but it's still totally fine to gather everyone together in tiny cramped rooms? Security theater at its finest.
>>
>>10695151
Legit.
I turned 25 this year. I have an actual phobia of aging (childhood trauma hooray) and being constantly told I’m ‘too old’ for stuff makes me feel anxious at best, full on breakdown at worst.

We’re in our 20s ffs, not our 70s.
>>
>>10695350
These days 30's are the new 20's okay.
>>
>>10695356
>>10695350
i'm late 20s and i don't feel too old for anything, honestly. kids 10 years younger than me are often surprised at my age
>>
vveil is rebranding into Aeternum, it seems
>>
>>10695412
Goodbye cool vampire brand :(
>>
I’m excited to see the groups that are performing at Anime Iwai. I hope the community gains some traction with more groups again. It looks promising.
>>
https://youtu.be/s3v-CHBx7Nw
>>
>>10695437
members didn't even come up with it, some random wanted it to happen so they recruited for the group and immediately dipped. don't blame them for rebranding knowing the recent rinkxayumi drama about who an idea belongs to (funny enough rink is performing at anime iwai)
>>
>>10695483
I can still be sad about it desu
>>
>>10695144
I literally had a whole conversation with my mom about why this group will have a hard time:
>too young of an age range in general
>perpetuates “after 20 you’re old” despite it not being that way in the western industry
>not geared towards kpop fans therefore original target is lost
>associated with kpop therefore current target (American/Western GP) is mostly disinterested
>cute concept may be death and so will mature
>bringing kpop culture in full to the USA isn’t a good idea since both industries are so different.

Like other anons said, this is good for this thread. In one aspect, they are helping bring the idol culture over but in others people already look down upon kpop. It’s going to be a rough ride for these girls.
>>
>>10695620
Yeah it looks like they're going to have an uphill battle. Maybe they'll do better if they lean on the Kpop aspect? NiziU had a survival show with Twice members hosting some of the episode, so maybe Hybe could give them a survival show with appearances by Hybe artists? That would definitely draw interest in the group, at least enough for them to build a large enough fanbase.
>>
>>10695691
I think it could help, but I definitely think that if the sound isn’t consistent with kpop then they’ll either stay because of their faces (which is a whole other issue) or leave because it’s not enough to interest them. With SM rumored to be doing a US survival show, I don’t know if HYBE would do one too.
>>
Resoluscia announced they'll be at holiday matsuri.
>>
File: nwif.jpg (166 KB, 1200x675)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Is anyone going to this?
>>
>>10696436
This late in the game?
Absolutely no.

And if they’re worth their weight, they’ll wait until early next year so that idols have a little time to prep.
>>
>>10696436
>>10696491
They only recently announced this fest up to 3 months ago, they should've been planning and promoting it at least 6 months to a year prior so people can plan properly to attend. This is the first I'm hearing of it and it's this weekend? Yeah no.
>>
>>10696503
It’s giving shining idol festival vibes if I’m going be blunt…..

I’ll tune in at least. I wanna see who all got in and what they’ve got.
>>
>>10696491
>>10696503
>>10696634
You guys do realize this isn't an idol festival or online event? It's It's physical convention like Idol Matsuri
>>
>>10696648
Doesn’t negate what I said but thanks….
>>
Speaking of shining idol fest its on again this weekend... Anyone planning on watching?

With cons and events starting again I wonder if online events will still be held though I'm guessing they won't be as regular as they have been over the last year
>>
>>10696772
God I hope the online stuff pulls back. It was fun for like 6 months, but I miss the crowd, screaming and energy you can only get at cons.

Pass on SIF
>>
>>10696772
Wait how is SIF still going? Didn't they quit because of criticism?
>>
>>10696785
Exactly. The online virtual stuff was fun but only because we had no other choice. Now irl events are making a comeback the online events seem more and more redundant.
>>
>>10696846
I mean…. They work for those who can’t travel. And it’s great that they’re there for the rookie idols who need more experiences before they level up to stage performances, but….

For me personally, they’re kind of a waste of time an energy at this point.
>>
As much as I hate poorly run cons, we should still show support to >>10696436

The last idol convention was ahead of its time. Support doesn't have to mean give money either. Leaving feedback of concerns like >>10696491 and >>10696503 can help make the event better. I want to see independent events like this flourish.
>>
>>10697079
If they stream it, I’ll support it because an idol convention would be amazing if I can be honest….. I’d love to even go if it turns out to be worth its weight, but in the time I’ve been doing this, I’ve noticed that conventions who don’t advertise until weeks before the event (12 weeks just isn’t that long) usually don’t run well at all and are poorly done.

I hope they’ll be open to feedback once it’s over because I have a lot of suggestions for them
>>
>>10697208
I don't think they've mentioned plans on streaming anything unfortunately. I get where your coming from though. First year cons are already risky in itself not bringing into account the present advertising and timing issues. I think if we at least show visible support while proving feedback they know there is a market out there and will continue forward.

These events die because we don't talk about or show interest. Everyone talks about wanting an event but never actually show up or discusses them outside of the boards. Money does help in longevity, but people take for granted word of mouth advertising now and days.

We also need to understand that support doesn't mean giving money or being there physically. It's also telling your friends, providing feedback or following the event.
>>
>>10697216
Samefagging but before salty gulls think I'm someone on staff, no. I'm someone who really wants to see a physical event flourish. I was there during the downfall of Idol Matsuri and I don't want to see that happen again. Yeah it stinks right now, but as mentioned before by other anons, I hope they will be opening a feedback form so they can see that there's interest and improving things like planning a year in advance will bring in more people.
>>
>>10697216
I mean I’ll follow them and stuff, but it makes it hard to want to tell my friends if I have no idea what I’m seeing to support ya know?
I do hope they’re open to feedback because that’s one of the things I’ll be suggesting as well.

I’m with you, I really wanna see this take off because having an idol converting for us by us will be amazing, but I think they should livestream this so we can see exactly what’s happening and offer proper feedback. That would definitely help with the word of mouth aspect…..
>>
【A-MUSE】stereo future 「REVOLT//REVIVE CONCEPT LIVE VIDEO 17.10.21」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kml-XZM6UQ
>>
>>10697367
well this makes me miss irl events
>>
Maybe I missed it, but did any groups put out Halloween videos this year? I feel like that's usually a big holiday for covers but I hardly saw any this year, I miss them
>>
>>10697669
We’re all dead inside.

Jk, I think the growing influx of idols leaving it dropping the label altogether made for a big lack of content this year imo….
>>
>>10697669
https://youtu.be/s3v-CHBx7Nw
>>
>>10695483
rink in the idol fest????? yikes
>>
anyone who went to the Iwai idol fest, how did it go?
>>
>>10697941
What's wrong with rink
>>
>>10697974
that whole situation with ayumi really skeeved me out from them
>>
>>10697992
Oh they the one who caused that big bitch fest?
>>
>>10697996
That’s the one
>>
>>10697959
Aeternum (formerly vveil) was fine, for how much Koda hyped them. i am excited to see what else they do. vivie absolutely killed it, best in show by far. Great stage presence.
>>
Aeternum actually was pretty mediocre for their performance at best. Vivie though? I agree that it was fantastic.
>>
>>10698012
>>10698146
Any video footage? I haven’t seen any of the acts’ performances from the idol fest
>>
Northwest looked more fun than people are making it out to be. Feel bad for sleeping on it
>>
File: cap.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>10698146
>>10698012
>>
>>10697959
>>10698012
>>10698146
Was pleasantly suprised by all the acts! There was an original song that had fun energy, the Vocaloid group were great dancers, Vivie and Quartesque had great vocals, dancing and energy, and Aeternum stood out in terms of physically singing live and they sounded great as well. Almost wish the show was a bit longer, but the overall quality was terrific.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWe44vEqhs
I wonder what she is doing now. She seems to have disappeared from the internet after 2015 or so.
>>
>>10698406
Well that’s catchy as hell…..
>>
>>10698218
i don't know what this means desu
>>
>>10697669
The only ones I saw were from Auracle and ChiRi Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL2jbIR2mAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvqahfnjHI
>>
>>10698406
Probably living a normal life.

>>10698441
It’s a cute cover I like it a lot. Here’s the original: https://youtu.be/o95Cr5uO_Lw
>>
>>10698493
Cap is slang for lies. >>10698218 is saying Aeternum wasn't mediocre.
>>
>>10698156
Vivie posted theirs on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWZbwKJAENQ/?utm_medium=copy_link
>>
>>10699191
Stage presence and energy is great, but I wish the dancing was more clean. It just looks a little messy and inconsistent. Other than that, good performance.
>>
>>10699191
What’s their profile name? Tried clicking the link but won’t take me anywhere.
>>
>>10699215
It's on bubblegum.vi
>>
>>10699215
https://youtu.be/5MsobA4sS0I here's the better link
>>
So who all is confirmed for holmat idol fest?
>>
>>10699368
So far it seems Resoluscia, Auracle, Prismic, Quartesque, Loveachord, IdolDuchess, Ayumi, Let's go Stars, Arch Aria that I am aware
>>
>>10699380
I don’t know about everyone else, but I am really looking forward to seeing Ayumi’s original onstage. As well as Reso’s.
>>
Just watched that live Faeble did on the friday with Citrus plus.

Citrus is looking bad. Least Faeble tried.
>>
>>10700212
>>
>>10700215
LOL!

the expectation and build up and that was it.
>>
>>10700212
Is it uploaded anywhere? I'm curious about watching this
>>
>>10700226
It is on the Faeble twitch channel
>>
>>10700212
citrus are consistently bad and faeble are just boring
>>
>>10700285
Faeble are alright. They are still new as a group.

Citrus has no real excuse now. They have done this now for a whole year. What they did at the live was just bad.
>>
>>10700289
faeble members have been performing for like 5 years at this point.

sure they haven't been singing for that long, but their dancing and stage presence shouldn't be as bad as it is.
>>
>>10700291
Wait they have been performing that long????? I thought they just started omg
>>
>>10700292
https://instagram.com/mews_au
>>
>>10700212
Neonism and Amuse also performed this weekend. I think Neonism are very professional compared to citrus and faeble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetY62rOUXg
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1210735492
>>
>>10700306
Yeah neonism is growing on me and their new song is good. Will take some time to get used to of course.

Amuse was awesome. Their shows are always good tho.
>>
>>10697959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsAL33jA9g video of anime iwai, with timestamps in the description for everyones performance
>>
>>10700819
Honestly, the only one that felt decent enough to warrant high praises was Quartesque. Vivie is a close second but they aren’t really synced or in tune with each other. Aeternvm honestly I expected more from but they weren’t in sync at all and looked like they didn’t practice much.
>>
>>10701223
One of the members had some kind of medical emergency that same day before the performance with chronic pain, Koda is also currently dealing with intense pain and getting back his body's range of movement. So I think they get a pass this time.
>>
>>10700289
I want to know when citrus and their supposed new original music is meant to come out.
>>
>>10701247
If that’s the case, they should’ve dropped out. I get it’s a debut but performing with injuries or pain is going to make them worse.
>>
>>10701262
I mean, people have chronic pain and illnesses that won’t go away, and performing through it doesn’t always have a long-lasting effect. Even if it does, shouldn’t that still be their choice? Should they live their whole lives giving up every opportunity on the off chance that they’ll have a flare up? Should they be barred from the community, or should we encourage people to give their all, no matter what that is? I think that idols are supposed to stand for giving your best effort, even if that isn’t perfect.
>>
>>10701262
That's their decision. Idols work through injury all the time. Imagine preparing for a debut or performance you were looking forward to for so long. If they still want to go up there and show off their work even if they couldn't be as present in the physical about it, that's totally valid. And again, up to them to decide if they feel okay with continuing. Not everyone is going to understand their situation upon seeing them cause of course they aren't in their shoes, but I still respect people pushing through for something they really care about and giving it what they've got regardless.
>>
>>10701255
I hope they've realized they should probably hold off for now. They're not going to produce anything of worth in their current state.
>>
>>10701333
They're considering themselves a virtual group, I don't think live performing is going to be their main route. Their vocals sound great so I'm sure their online content will be better.
>>
>>10701299
only pro idols with managers and producers watching over their health. hurting yourself for a useless hobby is retarded.
>>
>>10701345
you genuinely concerned for their health or are you just here to bitch because you have nothing better to do
>>
>>10701351
grow up.
>>
>>10701345
Like I just said you have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the situation. So why don't you find an actual beneficial use of your time rather than caring too much as to bitch and bully people who are into a 'useless fucking hobby'.
>>
>>10701354
nah mate cause you are forreal out here calling people stupid for hurting themselves for a "useless hobby" but here you are being a useless baby bitch on 4chan crying about what other people do lol you gonna pay their medical bills? if not then shut the fuck up dog
>>
>>10701359
LOL holy shit
>>
>>10701359
it is stupid, but okay then, pay your own medical bills, dancing monkey.
>>
>>10701359
You're so mad that someone think's someone else is stupid for doing something dangerous? Poor baby. It's probably past your nap time anyway.
>>
>>10701334
their covers sound fine but only cuz they sound tuned as hell and theyre performance at faeble was appaling
i get the idea of anti-idol but its hard to watch
>>
….infighting aside, TIF and OIC are both undergoing a rebrand/refreshment, any thoughts?

I’m curious about what changes TIF will be implementing, they said they’re going to work to bring the Texas idol comm together again. Wondering if some kind of collab project is in store for the future?
>>
>>10701286
People with chronic pain and illnesses know their limits though? Anon said they had a medical emergency with chronic pain and Koda had intense pain. Nothing was said about it being ongoing illnesses. I don’t know why you’re also mentioning barring people from the community? I agree with giving it your all but not at the risk of your physical and/or mental well-being.

>>10701299
Just because idols work through injuries doesn’t mean they SHOULD. Again, that’s the #1 way to make said injuries worse. I agree I respect them for doing it but I still don’t think they should’ve have if they were in pain. That’s just my honest opinion.

>>10701345
It doesn’t matter. Hobby or not performing with injuries is dumb. Even professional idols perform with injuries but they most times don’t have a choice.

Why are you all so fucking pressed.

>>10701379
I’ve never seen or been to TIF so I wouldn’t know what’s new or different about it. As for OIC, I really hope it’s good. I want it to thrive the way it should so fingers crossed. Hopefully we get the content promised.
>>
>>10701381
i'm >>10701345 and i was saying that because the pro idols are told what to do by their managers and generally have to do what they or their doctors say, it's generally not up to them. anons are acting like it's some kind of selfless act to injure yourself performing. i was agreeing that doing it at all is fucking retarded, but it's especially retarded just for this as a hobby. the thread is wores than it has been though, so i get that you probably didn't fully process my post. more and more threads are either people white knighting everything so hard they forget how to read, or they're bitching about literally nothing, which just makes wks attack valid criticism and police posts.
>>
>>10701377

The only ones that seem okay in that group are the pink and orange one.
>>
>>10701247
Regardless, anyone who posts videos or performs for an audience will be judged by that performance. Background knowledge or not the critique was called for. Someone always has something going on so if you think anyone gets a pass here you’re in the wrong place.
>>
>>10701379
The new TIF logo is ugly as sin
>>
>>10701470
I like the old one better anyone else?
>>
>>10701470
Jesus christ bring back nyaru asap she can save it
>>
Devilish are scouting but aren’t accepting anyone older than 24. Can we please get rid of these shitty age limits for idols ffs, if you’re that worried someone is too old just give them a ‘stage age’ like I’ve seen some idols do.
>>
>>10701558
Storm is 19 and the past members of Devilush were almost all minors. I think the age limits of 16-24 make sense but you do you.
>>
>>10701558
I rather the age minimum be 18 or older. Minors are unstable as fuck and nothing but risks. Then again you can say the same thing about most in their 20s and 30s. Never met a mature person in the community.
>>
>>10701562
after seeing reso's break down of cost for their music videos, I really doubt 16 year olds can fully fund quality content on their own
>>
>>10701423
thats true but pink looks like she doesnt wanna be there and orange sounds like a heavy smoker when she sings and it’s definitely on purpose
>>
>>10701558
ur thinking way too hard and way too defensively bro
>>
>>10701423
the two fucking up their voices the most. pink one needs to stop singing through her nose and the orange one needs to stop 'screaming'
>>
>>10701584
omg I'm glad I ain't the only one who thought this. Pink one legit looks like she is just there and doesn't give a fuck. But then again it looks like all members are just there because no one wants to end it.
>>
sage for off topic but holiday matsuri posted a setlist, auracle and resoluscia are blank?
>>
>>10701740
They re-posted that version of the setlist because Auracle and Reso didn't want the names of their new original songs to be revealed without their permission.
>>
some of yall are genuinely fucked up people, let people do what the fuck they want and have fun
>>
>>10701754
good for holmat, im surprised they posted a setlist at all
>>
>>10701613
How? Like another anon said, do you really expect a 16 year old to be able to pay for the cost associated with anything professional? Devilush have said they expect any new recruits to be able to asisst with costs. Plus the upper age limit seems exclusionary imo.
>>
As a twenty something, I don’t care unless it becomes a trend and we start getting shut out of the community and ridiculed for being old. I don’t really want to be in a group full of nothing but minors. Monetarily though expecting minors to pay for the costs that go with running a group is a stretch.
>>
>>10701793
as a 24 year old (the max of that age range) i don't want to be hanging out around minors, and i don't really think others of my age should be doing it unsupervised/without the minors guardians. the group should be either all minors or all over 18, not a mixture.
>>
i've never been comfortable around people younger than me but especially in the idol scene. of course you should respect them as a person but some kids really have to consider if they are physically, mentally, and financially ready and able to take on the work it requires to be an idol. even just cosplay cover groups can get expensive and physically/mentally taxing!
>>
Minors shouldnt be idols period. I'd be ok with them observing but there loud and only bring trouble when they shove themselves on to the stage. Drama stems from minors the most and they handle criticism the worst. They always expect a gold star for trying and never improve. I've yet to see a responsible drama free minor in this community and they should not be performing until age 18 at the very least.
>>
>>10701794
Yeah we’re on the same page. I should clarify as in I don’t care what the groups age range is or if a group has a min/max limit. I just wouldn’t want to be in a group with people below 21. Unless I know them personally (as in our families know each other) it’s not happening.
>>
>>10701809
>Drama stems from minors the most
In this community? A majority of the drama I’ve seen has come from the adults. But I don’t fully disagree. The worst has come from minors for sure. I wish parents were more involved in it honestly, even if it was behind the scenes. It feels like most of them are hands off.
>>
agreed. most of these minors are operating on the internet from accounts that their parents don't know about and are getting themselves into things they cannot commit to on their own. costumes, rides to practices, event tickets, it all costs money, and unless they are very independent 16-17 year olds with jobs and cars, they can't handle the responsibility of an idol group all by themselves.
i say this as someone who has been in the idol scene for years as a minor; i've been performing with groups since i was 14 but i always had to rely on my parents to take me to practice or let me have practices at our house. i always had a job to fund it but i was never able to seriously devote my time to something other than being an angsty teenager.
tldr; minors are more than welcome to do whatever they want, but it isn't likely they can get too far in the idol community unless they've got a strong support system from their family, funds, a huge maturity level, and the free time and thick skin that being an idol takes.
(cosplay cover groups are kind of an exception here)
>>
>>10701809
that's so true, the only minors I can think of that haven't heard about being involved in drama is that one girl from peachy parade who I heard was a minor for her first couple years but also I literally didn't hear anything about her at all even when she was in peachy parade, so she wasn't that important I guess
>>
was trying to go down memory lane about oic and found this? someone has been trying to raid the discord
https://www.reddit.com/user/That_lonely_cutie/
>>
>>10702132
We all know who it is so let's not give this any more attention
>>
Martha is offering an "idol course" of some sort costing quite a fat buck.. Thoughts?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWwBfDfrFkK/?utm_medium=copy_link
>>
>>10702135
Personally I dont see how she's qualified to charge that much. Anyone new to the community are most likely people who don't have much money to begin with, and established idols I can imagine would rather drop $300 into content than some motivational fun facts, and risk hearing things they already know. Whole thing seems excessive when there are resources out there for free to learn from.
>>
>>10702135
Not surprised. Martha has always been one of those money hungry fake guru types. Everyone can see through her bullshit.
>>
>>10702139
This is exactly what I thought. Maybe if she had an ounce of success herself it would give her advice some actual value..
>>
>>10702135
She's joking right.... Her knowledge is valuable, but not $275 valuable....
>>
>>10702135
I know people who run high ticket “mentorship” programs. Most of them smile through their teeth and give empty info. I feel like this is the same thing. Martha barely has success so why would anyone want to learn from her? Even then, she has nothing to offer after this course. I feel like she could easily make this into a 1-2 hour Masterclass on how to improve being an idol and charge maybe $150 for it. I’d much rather learn from Julily or another big name than Martha.
>>
>>10702179
Sage for samefag but I take back what I said about the $150. My boss literally runs a free Masterclass that lasts 9 days that consists of 5 main & 4 bonus sessions. The point? To get people to buy into your program that has ACTUAL value.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbNTdDdvlVk new reso cover is out
>>
>>10702132
Jeeeesus. So much for ‘leaving the community’. I wish she would leave, it’s beyond a bad joke at this point.
>>
>>10702506
She isn’t doing idol activities so I don’t feel like she’s very relevant to the thread. Id say just ignore it and let her thrive on her TikTok or whatever (I think that’s what she does now. She isn’t too active on Instagram)
>>
>>10702543
Sorry for stupid question but who is this?
>>
>>10702564
We dare not speak her name. Check the farm if you’re that interested.
>>
>>10702564
It's better we don't mention their name like ever.
>>
Did anyone apply to the Hybe group? The competition looks fierce.
>>
If you want to argue exclusion, aren't you being kinda exclusionary too? There are plenty of kids these days who are capable of supporting their own hobbies. Plus, I don't see how you can knock on someone for preferring to hang out with people around their age. There's no need to assume the worst in people's intentions.
>>
>>10703115
Learn how to reply
>>
>>10703115
You must be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>10703115
I don’t give a shit if you hang out with those your age, just don't make it seem like anyone over 22 is a predator or incapable of keeping up with y’all. The age limits of members under 23 groups is annoying as hell without already feeling like we can’t have fun with anything.
>>
>>10703250
This sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>10703115
if you think 16 and 24 year olds are around the same age, we live in completely different worlds
>>
What does everyone think of the new International Idol Network (OIC) relaunch and rebarnd? Will this one also get dragged down by cosplayers and inclusionism?
>>
>>10703280
Honestly it’s hard to tell. I’d like for them to release their goals and ideals first.
>>
>>10703280
So far from what I know I think they have the inclusion and organization down. I personally love it. Idol being an umbrella term and everyone having a place to go for their specific needs.
>>
>>10703282
they have goals posted in the server already
>>
>>10703726
I have no plans to make a discord account. Still should post them in public. Could someone post them?
>>
>>10701255
https://youtu.be/AJ4KBlzE-ig
>>
>>10703280
As long as cosplayers don’t ruin it with their incessant demand to be seen as idols, I’m here for it.
>>
>>10703828

LOL

All that hype for... This
>>
>>10703848
What's wrong with it? I thought the video was good and the song is cute and professional?
>>
>>10703828
i thought it was really cute and i enjoyed listening to it!
>>
>>10703848
Hey man it looks like they took time and care with the song and video and you can really tell. If you look at the credits a lot of people were working on the project so that comment is not just rude to the girls but the production behind it.
>>
>>10703828
all that auto tune and they still sound like that
>>
>>10703828
idk I'm a little disappointed? I had high hopes for their original with them being 'anti idol' but I guess it was all for show
>>
>>10704188
This song was very much alt-idol, not anti-idol. I'm surprised to hear that they're supposed to be anti-idol, they have a lot of regular idol aspects to their group.
>>
>>10704218
i don't even really feel like it's alt, it just sounds like generic pop to me.

i was expecting something similar to wack considering that's all they cover on livestreams
>>
>>10704218
I don't think it sounded anti idol of alt idol at all. It just sounded like a generic game sounding song, it's a fun song but definitely doesn't fit anti idol.
>>
reddit anon from a while ago, i started a reddit for the idol community https://www.reddit.com/r/internationalidols/ post and user flairs are all set up, and folks have been posting their fav content+resources today to get things going.
>>
>>10704363
Don't let >>10702132 find it
>>
>>10704178
EXACTLY
>>
>>10703828
is this the group where one of them is a self declared pervert and into loli?
>>
>>10704478
Yeah I think two of their members
>>
>>10704478
yes
>>
>>10703997

Bro they are allowed to have their opinion on here.

Nothing against the production or people behind the scenes who worked on it but the artists themselves....there is only so much auto tune can help

Maybe they just need to take a re evaluation of what their group is all about and the direction they want to go in.
>>
>>10704532
exactly this. you can recognise and appreciate the effort that goes into a project while *also* critiquing it.
>>
>>10703280
I think they should of disbanded OIC and started something new. The discord server changing so much despite being inactive as hell is a bad look and gives bad vibes. I don't even disagree with replacing OIC, I just don't think changing the already dead and smeared collection is a good idea. I wish we as a community could've had an event to celebrate OIC, end the era, and promote the new thing, but now there is just an infamous legacy that's being co-opted for a new purpose.

as someone who's falling out of love with idoling and this community this isn't what I wanted when I said OIC needs to be replaced for this current era iykwim
>>
>>10704558
It's way long over due for there to be some kind of send off to end OIC on a positive note. If you're in the discord, you'll have seen that a lot of idols, that aren't cringe, came back to the server after the rebrand. Even staff is totally different too.
>>
>>10704178 >>10704461

I assume you don’t listen to a lot of chika/underground idol groups then? The song honestly compares to those kinds of groups if anything, so I’m surprised to hear all of this complaining when there’s jp groups that sound the same if not uh…worse.
>>
>>10704581
lol okay citrus plus..
>>
>>10704582
….I don’t even do idol shit, I’m just someone who follows way too many groups for my own good.
As usual 4chan never ceases to amaze me on how bad their snooping and assumption skills are.
>>
>>10704581
if this same exact song was put out by a different group with members that have less questionable taste in things... then there probably wouldn't be this much "negativity" lol
>>
>>10704585
Fair point, anon. I only really listened to the song, so I’m really just judging based on that rather than their weird and gross antics.
>>
>>10704585
True.

If the group and the majority of their members weren't toxic then this would be different discussion.
>>
>>10703848
>>10703828
To me it sounds like one of the better original songs i've heard from western idols. It's decently memorable and it works as a hypebuilding anthem song for the group. If you think this is bad vocals you haven't seen legit /jp/ indie groups like SAKA-SAMA lmao
>>
>>10704561
The last thing I remember on the discord before the rebrand was the venting channel being monopolized by this ultra autist girl obsessed with being in a groups and stuck in a cycle of starting and immediately abandoning projects, and ignoring every advice post she received in return.
Totally felt like a roleplayer running up against the wall of reality.
>>
>>10704591
She is the reason why cosplay idols shouldn't be involved. All they do is moan and fall out among each other.
>>
>>10704596
She wasn’t a cosplay idol? She was recruiting for original group concepts but was way in over her head with a lot of her ideas and would abandon them when they didn’t gain traction like she had hoped.
>>
>>10704610
The way she abandoned a group because her members didn't have enough clout
>>
>>10704596
this is the weakest argument ive seen against cosidols, yall are really just grasping at strings
>>
>>10704596
A lot of indie idols started as cosidols so I don't see the problem with creating a space for everyone and nurturing that. If you want to create a community for only your og idols than go for it but I doubt it will get much activity.
>>
>>10704714
Wasn’t that the whole purpose of OIC in the first place? A place for OG idols?
>>
>>10704722
Yes, it was. It was made because the OIC leaders wanted to make a place for dancers and singers to meet and collab. Performers who wanted to take their performance more seriously than cosplay roleplayers. In some of her old streams Julily talked about how the OG idols got a lot of pushback from conventions because the cosplay idols and their drama and flake outs had become the thing that con staff saw as "idols": groups of unreliable teenage girls who spent more time writing OC bios than rehearsing for shows. The types that want cheers just for showing up because they "worked so hard" instead of earning the audience's applause.

Breaking the stereotype created by cosidols, THAT was the purpose of OIC.
>>
>>10704772
Thats cute but the reality is cons don’t give a fuck. They just see too many Love Live groups in showcase events and want variety, they quite literally have no other motives towards the community. It’s not that big of a deal.
>>
>>10704792
That's what I meant, that the con staff assume it's all love live groups even when original soloists and groups apply for panels or events.
>>
>>10704714
Yeah, the cosplay idols can join the community when they feel like wanting to become original concept idols.

There are SOOOO many idol cosplayers that perform all around the world. If you mix those with the original concept idol community then the original concept idols may get lost in the tide.

Yes, the community is smaller when you concentrate on original concept idols, and that's fine. I'd prefer for it to be more honed in on one label so that it can feel more tight-knit and I can actually meet other who are into the same thing as me more easily instead of sifting through a ton of memberHNNM2s.
>>
>>10704792
And that's why most original concept idols are caring less and less about conventions. Slowly, they're making their own non-convention events. Of course they will be super small at first.
>>
>>10704796
same anon. no clue how my captcha ended up as a part of my comment. lol.
>>
>>10704796
You obviously aren't in the IIN server because there's dedicated roles, channels and chats for original idols to connect with each other away from everyone else...I personally think from what I've been seeing that they're doing a good job being inclusive while having the spaces for different types of idols to connect with each other.
>>
>>10704824
I am in fact in the server lol and am very happy with how things are now
>>
>>10704847
I'm happy with it too. I think it's allowing for a lot more opportunities for networking and benefits for everyone since we're all doing very similar things.
>>
>>10703828
this seems fine? obviously not stellar vocals, but its not a shit show like some other songs from the community. i think the rap is too weak (is that a rap?), and the song gets kind of boring after awhile. maybe it should've been cut down 30 or 40 seconds?
>>
This may be the wrong place but do you guys think an idol-style DJ would work? I wanna make eurobeat and synth music but wouldn’t want to do it under my real persona. I thought an idol/character might help. Or do you think that deviates too far from the “idol” title?
>>
>>10705511
d4dj, rAs... I don't think people would care
>>
>>10705518
Neither of those franchises are idols…

>>10705511
Anon is right though no one would care. If you’re really talented at it then do it. People would love it.
>>
>>10705587
either way dj + cutesy idol persona is not a new concept

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.