[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 140 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: z_5e30ec52.jpg (206 KB, 690x1024)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>
Where do most of you buy your makeup? I've been buying walgreens tier shit for years but don't know where to look for higher quality makeup that isn't just buying a label or a site trying to sell me something for a commission.
>>
>>10693739
Sephora, Ulta, and Morphe
Basically any actual makeup store except MAC
>>
>>10693747
Good to know. What makes MAC different?
>>
>>10693748
I just personally don't like them because their makeup is cakey, heavy, dry, overrated, and overpriced. Competitors can get you better products for a better price so I don't bother.
The counter girls themselves also have a reputation for being especially bitchy and rude so they don't even have good customer service.
I don't really care about cruelty free products but they test on animals too if you care about that kinda thing.
>>
>>10693739
I really like The Balm, it's top quality
>>
>>10693751
I don't care about the cruelty free thing either so that's fine. Thanks again for the info and suggestions.
>>10693760
You too.
>>
>>10693739
I like glossier bc I hate how I look with the whole "beat face" thing
>>
Looking for classic-appropriate hairstyles on long hair. I'm still getting familiar with my hair, and it's hard without having many hair accessories. My braiding has gotten good as a result though!
>>
>>10693739
I have a lot of dark acne scars and i am very greasy, so i like nars and mac despite what anon says. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
what do you do for natural thick very long hair with bangs that is considered pretty much ideal for lolita, but gets frizzy? conditioner still makes it frizzy
>>
>>10693813
I usually braid my hair. Wearing the hair open will always lead to frizzy-ness, no matter what. Before braiding, I usually apply some coconut oil to the lengths and brush it in. This requires some practice to figure out the right amount of oil and brushing technique, but if done correctly it does the trick to keep your hair smooth throughout the day.
>>
>>10693813
>>10693819
Are you sure you hair isn't curly?
>>
>>10693838
i'm the first one you linked, and it's mostly straight except for the middle- ends where it's curly
>>
>>10693844
nta, but you should try to follow the curly girl method. your hair is becoming frizzy because your hair is actually curly very likely. once you stop using the wrong hair products, your hair will change.
>>
anyone have suggestions for hairstyles for a curly kinda-bob with bangs? i usually just put it in pigtails, but i wanna switch it up a bit.
>>
>>10693813
Keratin treatments. Best thing that ever happened to me
>>
Does anyone know how to do the hairstyle in picrel or can link me to useful tutorials?? I can never get my hair to get as spiky as that.
>>
>>10693904
Looks like my hair when I wake up in the morning.
>>
>>10693904
Lots of backcombing. It helps if your hair is already layered.
>>
>>10693904
i don't have straight hair so i wouldn't know, but have you tried hairspray or backcombing?
>>
>>10693739
I'm poor, so my choice is maybelline. Especially their cream eyeshadow and matte lipstick
>>
>>10693904
Straighten until it’s extremely straight, divide back into two sections. Twist the hair up and pin into place. Backcomb if necessary and spray aggressively.
>>
>>10693811
Mac does have good coverage foundation it's just SO heavy I can feel all my pores instantly clog.
>>
Anyone have recommendations for a primer to replace Urban Decay's Optical Illusion primer? It was perfect to use on it's own, it was matte, very light, hid pores, and offered just enough coverage for me, but it seems like it was discontinued or something since it has disappeared from all stores and I've been trying to find a new but no luck so far. :/
>>
>>10693904
two hair ties and two SMALL tiger clips with the hair pointed upwards towards the top of the head. my hair just does this shit naturally when I divy it out into clips, though. if you're hair isn't straight you'll need to do >>10694009
>>
>>10693739
If you're on a budget, you can cheap out on eyeshadows, eyebrow products, lipstick, bronzer/blush, the powder stuff. Instead invest in good primers (face and eyes), foundations, concealers, etc.
>>
>>10693739
I used to exclusively buy makeup from Sephora because I thought at that price point it must clearly be better. I stopped wearing makeup a couple years ago and wanted to get back into it so I picked up good rated drug store products. Every single thing I bought works just as well if not better than the stuff at Sephora. Maybelline fit me foundation works quite well and is great on my sensitive skin. The drug store mascara I bought takes longer to dry and isn’t waterproof but it looks so much better and less clumpy than any expensive one I’ve tried. The drug store lipsticks seem exactly the same quality with the added bonus there are much more colors from the drug store. Maybelline blush is also nice. If you buy one expensive product make it eyeshadow/ eyeshadow primer. Cheap shadow won’t have any payoff and cheap primers are too oily. Other than that, don’t be scammed into thinking the price difference actually means quality difference. Unfortunately I learned the hard way
>>
>>10694483
Dont cheap on eyeshadow, though
>>
>>10694049
I only use their power foundation personally, but covering the most severe parts of my face with a high coverage concealer means i can go in with a light hand with the powder and still have the coverage i want.
>>
>>10693739
nyx is actually really good. you don't really need super expensive makeup, just check reviews
>>
>>10693739

Eyeshadows from ColourPop, everything else is a mix of drugstore tier k and j beauty these days. I used to be a makeup fiend but these days I've cooled down a lot. I'm still trying to find that perfect bb cream though since they discontinued my favorite one.
>>
For those who wear sunscreen daily, what products do you recommend?
>>
>>10694976
>>
>>10694709
Yes, never cheap out on eyeshadow or your smaller brushes.

Primer and foundations depend heavily on your skin type, so price isn't really a factor. You just have to be willing to try products until you find the ones that work for you. Like I use a Lancome primer ($$$), Tarte concealer ($$) and Maybelline foundation ($).

Drug store brow and lip products tend to be just fine, though the lipsticks are often a lot more drying and don't have the 'features' of higher end brands (such as longer wear, plumping, moisturizing, etc.)

Drug store eyeshadow is usually complete fucking garbage. Minimal pigment, massive fallout, terrible texture, etc. Colourpop is cheap and usually pretty decent, so there's no reason to buy crap from the drugstore brands.
>>
>>10694976

Mermaid skin by canmake or if I need a hint of coverage the tone up UV by etude house also works.
>>
File: MS_CAROUSEL_A4_1800x.jpg (53 KB, 1200x900)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>10694983
I love mermaid skin. It works better for me in winter when I'm paler so there's no white cast, and in summer-fall I have been using Zitsticka megashade sunscreen. Better for my skin than most and doesn't break me out or leave me shiny or ashy.
>>
File: s2428837-av-08-zoom.jpg (32 KB, 350x350)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>10694976
I use this tinted sunscreen serum by ilia
>>
File: 612SSV-O8HL._SL1500_.jpg (84 KB, 1500x1500)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>10694976
This was recommended to me from a derm for sunscreen against aging. Realistically, maybe it could be different for everyone but that's what my doctor identified as a good pair with the elta moisturizer.
>>
>>10694983
>>10694988
i also love mermaid skin and recommend it for girls with sensitive or dry skin.
>>
>>10694976
I really like la roche-posay"s sun screen for my face. I also enjoy black girl sun screen for my body since it's pretty cheap and not too heavy. If you have dry skin it would probably be amazing for the face.

>>10694977
This was the first sun screen i ever got into using, but the fragrance puts me off desu.
>>
>>10694977
Where do you find this online? I used it years ago but i ran out and couldnt find it again.
>>
>>10695158
NTA but if you literally just Google it tons of sites sell it online
>>
>>10695099
i have no idea what ingredient does it, but this la roche-posay sunscreen makes my face burn like crazy. i use innisfree daily UV defense but i'm looking into getting something that comes in a bigger bottle.

>>10695158
they sell it on amazon, it's very easy to get your hands on
>>
File: 71RPSDO8ZpL._SL1500_.jpg (60 KB, 690x1500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>10694976
>>
I saw that post in the gothic lolita thread and I have to ask, is no-shampoo worth it if you have an oily scalp (and medium-thick hair)? I don't overdo it and steer clear of sulfates but I'm still wondering since the whole point of shampoo is to get rid of that oilyness I think. My hair is healthy and conditioned but it gets oily and greasy quickly
>>
>>10699016
Idk what post you're referring to or who you're responding to but not washing your scalp will just lead to oil/dirt build up which can further lead to painful yeast overgrowth. Wash your hair. Just don't overdo it.
>>
I have quite unbalanced, bumpy skin. Oily/dry combo type and I find it hard to clear spots.
What's a good cleanser/routine?
>>
>>10699016
I wouldn't go full no shampoo. I don't know how often you wash, but I have thick hair and I personally just shampoo my hair when it starts to feel oily every week or two and then I use a crapton of conditioner.
>>
>>10699016
I have similar issues and no-poo isn't worth it. I tried it for 3 weeks and it just led to a gross, itchy scalp. As >>10699081 mentioned, all the oil builds up. How quickly does your hair grease up? It might get better if you shampoo every other day. I switched to that and my hair only gets greasy on the 2nd day.

Also, with sulfate-free shampoos, you need to massage the shampoo thoroughly into your scalp to clean the dirt and oil off. Otherwise it just stays caked on
>>
>>10699016
Brushing with a clean brush throughout a day helps a lot. Also change ur pillowcase daily
>>
>>10699016

Don't go full no shampoo but would gradually go to every other day then every three days. You may need to wash more frequently during summer but overall if you gradually do less shampoo, your scalp will adapt to that. Use dry shampoo if you need to.
>>
>>10699016
It's possible that your hair gets oily quickly because you actually wash it too much and your scalp is trying to overcompensate for being dried out.
>>
>>10699104
That depends on anon's hair type. If they have straight hair this is fine, but if they have wavy or curly hair they should only be brushing their hair with a comb sparingly. I also recommend a silk bonnet or hair wrap instead of changing your pillowcase daily. It protects your hair from getting damaged or messy from your pillowcase overnight and should keep it a lot cleaner too.
>>
Anyone willing to do a dump of hair tutorials?
>>
This is probaly asked several times in every thread, but not in this one yet, I think.
How the fuck do I make my hair grow, gulls
I cut it shoulder-length back in June and it's exactly the same to this day, December 1st. I want to grow it out but it just won't budge.I tried biotin, some weird oils that are supposed to help and nothing has changed.
>>
>>10703238
The thing you need to do is simple. Eat well and dont use anything that fucks up your hair. If you are dying it or straightening it, stop that. Most people who are stuck at that length hair have chemically fried hair and that you just need to grow out fully.
>>
>>10694483
liquid eyeliner is another good one to splurge on. drugstore stuff is watery. pencil eyeliner from the drugstore is great though and you can buy a variety of colours. drugstore eyelashes are great too (e.l.f. or ardell) but I do prefer better glue, so I get Sephora store brand. Might switch to magnetic lashes sometime though. I haven't tried them yet.

from experience essence eyeshadow is just OK, wish it was more pigmented, but they used to do some bomb ass highlighters
>>
>>10699016
I tried no shampoo along with the baking soda/vinegar rinse and my scalp ended up so dry and itchy. I use the red shampoo bar from lush nowadays and wash my hair every four days. It used to get greasy literally overnight but it's much better now. It was a gradual process.
>>
>>10703238
Try putting Jamaican castor oil on your roots
>>
>>10703238
Don't bother with biotin or other meme supplements. If you are deficient in biotin it will hurt your growth but if you are already getting enough, getting more won't help and taking a lot can interfere with bloodwork. If you are not getting enough then it's better to improve your diet (more protein) than to rely on supplements unless you have some actual disorder.
>>
>>10703238
I second this 100%, it worked for me and helped a lot of people grow back hair that's been ripped out.

>>10703238
The best thing to do is abandon using heat and bleach, only get your hair dyed professionally and ask them a lot of questions on care if you decide to dye your hair in the future. If you want to style your hair use rollers and give up on straight hair completely if you don't naturally have straight hair. Make sure you cut off any stubborn knots in your hair and split ends, I personally just do a search and destroy method after washing my hair.
>>
>>10699016
The no shampoo trend is just a massive meme. Your hair will eventually need a deep clean to get rid of styling products and build up. If you feel like you need to wash your hair often, just do it. Everyone has different hair and I don't see the issue with it.
>>
>>10703400
this so hard fuck.
>>
would anyone be interested in a dump of magazine makeup/hair tutorial scans?
>>
>>10708593
yes please
>>
File: Jfashionmagazines (2).jpg (238 KB, 800x1205)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>
File: Little Galy_ Photo (1).png (1.12 MB, 800x800)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>10708596
>>
File: mellerouge (1).jpg (157 KB, 800x1200)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>10708597
>>
File: make up (1).jpg (75 KB, 500x708)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>10708599
>>
>>10708600
>>
File: Jfashionmagazines (1).jpg (106 KB, 500x717)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>10708602
>>
>>10708603
>>
File: download (5).jpg (98 KB, 450x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>10708604
>>
File: Larme_ Photo.png (1.54 MB, 874x1128)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>10708605
>>
>>10708606
>>
File: Larme Archives.jpg (33 KB, 400x508)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10708607
>>
File: Alien Babes.jpg (20 KB, 236x314)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>10708608
>>
>>10708609
>>
File: download (3).jpg (112 KB, 720x897)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>10708610
>>
File: Jfashionmagazines.png (669 KB, 500x717)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>10708611
>>
File: Little Galy (1).jpg (91 KB, 488x750)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>10708612
>>
>>10708613
>>
File: download (4).jpg (27 KB, 361x480)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10708615
>>
>>10708616
>>
>>10708617
>>
>>10708618
>>
>>10708619
>>
>>10708620
>>
File: Little Galy.png (362 KB, 445x750)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>10708621
>>
>>10708622
These are actually really helpful, thanks anon!
>>
Does anyone here use any Western cleansing balms or oils? I'm looking for a recommendation that emulsifies and rinses as cleanly as the KR/JP stuff and won't break the bank so I import a little less!
>>
>>10708818
the versed cleansing balm is good, not any worse than the banila or tonymoly ones i've tried.
>>
the worker at lush gave me extra samples than i asked for because she liked my coord and now i have a bunch of really nice lavender soap feelsgoodman
>>
Do you draw eyebags?
>>
>>10709016
Yes.
>>
>>10709016
no, but i do put lipstick under my eyes so i look sick.
>>
>>10709016
I already have them naturally so I just make them match + highlight them
>>
Does anybody aver tried sulfur soap for hair ? I have long hair and noticed that my dandruff change color ( sorry it sound gross ) and pile on the more time go between shampoo but my hair don't get greasy. During lock down I had a phase where I would only wash my hair with rice water and I think it fucked up my scalp. It's super hard to get a dermatologist appointement in my country but I try to find solutions until I can get an appointement.
>>
Do you like kawaii pateen tutorials and/or follow them?
>>
>>10708818
I like the inkey list oat cleansing balm
>>
>>10693731
maybe this would be better for a stupid question thread, but how do I wash lipstick stains out of a dress? accidentally did a load with a whole lipstick still in a skirt pocket and ruined a lot of things including a new sweater.
>>
>>10709316
i think some of the ones done by japanese influencers/lolita models are cute (excluding some of misako's looks, i love her but she's awful at makeup), however i honestly prefer korean makeup tutorials because their work is usually neat with great technique and advice. on kawaii pateen i see a lot of "dip your finger into the eyeshadow and rub it all over your eyehole" and i'm just not into it
>>
>>10709308
Look for shampoos with selenium sulfide in them. Selsun Blue is a pretty big brand, and I use it once a week, although you may need it more or less.
>>
>>10709316
honestly the best kawaii pateen tutorials are the gyaru ones, i agree with >>10709402. I think korean makeup tutorials and products are usually better, with the exception of japanese lashes.
>>
Does anyone have makeup tips for cute and exaggerated downturned eyes? Its my natural eye shape and i like it but every tutorial is always for 'correcting' it and making them look upturned
>>
>>10709691
just look up puppy eye makeup, it’s been huge for years and there are endless tutorials. also some gyaru makeup emphasizes a downward droop if you’re looking for something extreme.
>>
>>10709372
How does it emulsify and rinse off in your experience? If it leaves a film, is it something that a nonfoaming 2nd cleanser could remove? Thanks!
>>
I really recommend sigil inspired tammy tanuka eyeshadows. They have great variety of hues and finish and are very beautiful
>>
>>10709880
Different anon, but it doesn't leave i film from my experience, it rinses off very well. But personally i would still go over it with your regular cleanse just to get everything the balm lifted 100%
>>
Any relaxed short hair hairstyles for lolita inspirations?
>>
>>10709438
Thank you ! For some reason when I asked for products with this active ingredient I was told by the pharmacy worker that it's banned in my country. I will try to get some online then...
>>
>>10712918
Just wear a wig
>>
Anyone maybe has some makeup advice/styles that embrace sunken under eyes rather than try and hide them?
Had these bad boys since I was 6, but I hear the sunken eye is coming into vogue, so perhaps something has come from that.
>>
>>10713194
Aegyo-sal make up
>>
Anyone else older (30+)? If so, what's your skin care routine? I'm 32 and looking to change mine up.

I have combo (oil and dry) skin, and large pores. I don't really have issues with wrinkles yet, but I'm like a racoon with the dark circles under my eyes. I'm just hoping to make my face less splotchy.
>>
>>10713194
yes anon, I have these eyebags naturally! I brush some matte powder in a darker-but-not-too-dark shade along my crease which I can see when I squint just a little, and then highlight the highest point of my "flap" of skin there lol. these days i'm on webcam for meets, so I don't mind if it looks not quite great

as for mature skin- I don't wash my face like twice a day, it just feels too harsh now, but I still moisturize with burt's bees serum, and I like to use a natural-based clay mask 2 times a week. that clay mask does wonders for my skin. But I also don't wear makeup very frequently, so perhaps my skin might be different to others
>>
>>10713532
Taking notes on this here.
Thank you very much!
>>
>>10699092
It depends on what kind of bumps they are. If it's fungal, washing the spots with anti-dandruff shampoo helps a lot actually . Skincare routines need to be tailored to your skin specifically, but there are a lot of wonderful youtubers who can help you out. Skincare by Hyram is my favourite.
>>
>>10703238
Rosemary water on the scalp three times a day really helped me but it also helped to switch to a different kind of brush, using only organic hair wash, and no more dying hair or straighteners
>>
>>10709691
I've seen very cute Jirai-Kei makeup with downturned puppy-eyeliner
>>
>>10713817
That and a bit of castor oil helped the roots of my baby hairs
>>
>>10693878
100% seconding this anon
>>
>>10699324
No
>>
why do facial skincare products have such a small amount in them? i'm looking at moisturizers for the face and most of them are 40ml. but when i look at a moisterizer for the body from the same brand, it's 400ml. The ingredients are not very different. Should i just get the body version and put that on my face? it is winter so my skin is pretty dry.

>AQUA (WATER, EAU), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, GLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 60, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, SQUALANE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, BRASSICA CAMPERSTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, DIMETHICONE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, O-CY-MEN-5-OL, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, XANTHAN GUM, RASPBERRY SEED OIL/PALM OIL AMINOPROPANEDIOL ESTERS, ASIATICOSIDE, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, BORAGE SEED OIL AMINOPROPANEDIOL AMIDES.
>>
>>10721814
Depends on how sensitive your skin is.
>>
>>10693878
I've heard keratin treatments do more harm than good long term, but I'm still really tempted. how long have you been doing treatments?

>>10721814
the skin on your face is more fragile and sensitive than the skin on your body which is why the two are formulated differently. just use the face one for your face anon
>>
>>10722062
ive been doing them for years and have had no issues with my hair at all. feels healthier than ever. the only bad thing is the formaldehyde, but if you go to a reputable salon then they should have a vent to channel it away from you/them. i just keep my eyes closed so they dont burn and that works fine
>>
>>10694488
>The drug store mascara I bought takes longer to dry and isn’t waterproof but it looks so much better and less clumpy than any expensive one I’ve tried.
Man I've had the same issue with expensive mascaras. My $30 Estee lauder mascara is 10x clumpier and harder to lay evenly than my like $2 elf mascara... It doesn't even last longer, I always end up look insanely racooney at the end of the day
>>
>>10703238
Vitamin D can help, also with hair loss. Tons of people are deficient in it especially in the winter so it's good to take a supplement regardless
>>
Has anyone tried the Canmake Cream Cheek? Will it last on oily skin or should I stick to a powder blush?
>>
>>10723875
Idk about how well it lasts when done with other makeup but I love it! Especially the more sheer jelly red color. I used it in Japan and it lasted at least half a day for photos but I was sweating a ton cause it was summer. If you want staying power though I'd reccomend cheek stains/tints. Commonly they are made for lips and cheeks both, a lot of Korean brands have them.
>>
What are some good clip in bangs? Looking for bleach blonde color.
>>
>>10724126
buy human hair bang clips and tone/dye them the color you need.
>>
>>10723429

Only up to a certain point. Would recommend testing in it because if youre above a certain level there's a small chance you're overdosing and could get urinary stones

There are also plenty of other vitamins and nutrients anon could be deficient in that could end up as hair loss or not replacing hair growth such as B12 and iron. If anon feels like they're not getting enough nutrition a multivitamin may be reasonable.
>>
>>10725777
I like things that are fruity and sweet; I think those scents sort of fade to a nicer smell on me than florals. I wear sweet though and just think the smell of strawberries, vanilla, lemon cake, etc. go well with sweet looking coords. I bet people who like classic or gothic might prefer muskier or more deep scents than I like.
>>
>>10693904

Seconding >>10694469, I like getting the little miniature claw clips from Claire's. They're the perfect size. (Not the smallest, but second-smallest.) Basically make a twisty ponytail, but two instead of one. Mine is pretty thin so I don't have to use the hairbands, but it should just fluff out naturally if your do that. If your hair is thick, you may still have to backcomb.
>>
>>10725781
I would kill to have a perfume that smells like Japanese strawberry candy
>>
>>10725777
when it's cold out I like warm, woody, incense type scents. I'm currently loving Lush's Lord of Misrule and CDG's Incense Avignon for when I want to smell like a church. I do wear gothic and oldschool though, pairing Avignon with an AP print would be... interesting lol. In warmer months I like powdery "grandma" florals.
>>
>>10725839
Have you tried Strawberry Pound Cake from Bath and Body Works? I really like how cheap their stuff is on sale, but I'm particular and avoid the ones that have any musk or deep scents in the fragrance note for maximum candy and sweets scent.
>>
>>10725777
I wear classic and tend to gravitate towards floral scents. Dior is my favourite, their perfumes last forever on my skin. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet and J'adore are my favourites for the warmer months when I wear lighter coords. When I wear darker coords or it's cold out I like to wear hypnotic poison which is more vanilla-y, but the florals are my most favourite.
>>
>>10725777
I usually switch between two favorites. For days when I want a cuter feel, I go for D&G Light Blue. And when I want an edgier feel I wear Bright Crystal by Versace.
>>
>>10725848
eww no. cheap cunt.
>>
>>10725777
I'm a sucker for packaging and often fall for mid-tier stuff like Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang's Princess that comes in a cute heart-shaped bottle, Ariana Grande's recent perfume, and other similar items just because the packaging and containers are so cute. They all smell fine but I couldn't say I'm attached to any scents specifically for lolita.
>>10725895
If you like something and it's not hurting you or anyone else, the price doesn't matter.
>>10725892
>>10725857
>>10725845
Switching scents depending on weather or season is a nice way to mix things up and experiment with new products.
>>
>>10725839

If you have trouble finding scents you enjoy, you could do some research and see if getting custom fragrances made for yourself might be good. Maybe even make yourself if perfume making is the type of craft you'd enjoy investing time and resources in. For reference, candy and edible type scents are often referred to as "gourmand", if that helps you in your search!
>>
Any gulls who have thin lips have any tips for making them look cute?
>>
>>10726916
Overlining your lips is almost always a bad idea, make sure you're staying hydrated and keeping your lips moisturized. Use a plumper and then lip gloss or tinted balm instead of matte products
>>
>>10726917
Any recs for a good plumper?
>>
>>10726916
I like using plumper as >>10726917 remarked. I try not to use it too often though because it's a little irritating. I like using lip gloss & lip tint.
>>10727157
I got some on sale by Physician's Formula & they seem to do what they say. It's the Diamond Plumper. Someone else likely has better suggestions.
>>
>>10727157
The one by Milk makeup is pretty intense, and I think it's also tinted. I believe it's called the Electric Gloss or something similar.
>>
File: 1642989098481.png (175 KB, 500x337)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
I don't know if it's hormonal or if it's 100% mask related but my entire chin/neck is riddled with acne. I've been doing a simple foam cleaner, astringent, moisturizer my whole life and it's not working against this. Now I have little acne scars on my next.

I'm thinking of moving away from Western products and trying Eastern. What's a good skincare routine for someone with combination skin? What works for you ladies?
>>
>>10728335
Is your astringent alcohol based? Is your tap water hard or soft?
>>
>>10727157
>>10727731
>>10727781
Plumpers are irritants and can cause lots of negative long term effects, yes even for the gloss ones. I can't believe people still use them(or are over 14 and want to)
>>
>>10728397
This. They're not much better than just rubbing spicy peppers on your lips and your lips swell because they're irritated. Overlining looks bad too. Maybe it's because I have bigger lips and never liked them much but I don't get the obsession with lip volume. For me the ideal shape is more interesting. You can disguise your lips shape or volume by basically shading with lipstick though to make them look more full or certain points stand out.
>>
>>10728357
I'd have to check my astringent but I know for a fact I have hard water. Water softeners are a rarity in my state.
>>
>>10728335
bha is a gamer changer. i use paula's choice and never had another pimple again after using it daily
>>
File: download.png (1.63 MB, 1389x1677)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>10725777
Depends on the weather, but I prefer Atelier Cologne's Clementine California and Pomello Paradise during the summer and rosy florals during the winter. I wear gothic so I like deeper scents.
>>
>>10728335
It could be from shaving/hair removal. Open pores can lead to clogged pores.
>>
>>10728653
I'll have to look in to it! Do you use it instead of an astringent or in conjunction with?

>>10728683
I've never had to shave my face/done hair removal but I've always had larger pores. Maybe I'd should splurge and see a dermatologist over my pores.
>>
>>10728335

I've been spot treating my acne with BP and it works pretty well. 2.5% OTC should be sufficient.
>>
>>10728927

Oops, BP = benzoyl peroxide.
>>
>>10703275
nayrt but the only drugstore eyeliner I like is revlon colorstay, the rest are shit.

Also, I like magnetic lashes, but I find that the kind that comes with the magnetic eyeliner smells kind of bad and takes forever to dry. I also start my liner from the middle of my eye instead of the inner corner, so I find that my liner looks too heavy on me because you have to put enough on for the lashes to stick. That's why I prefer the kind where there's two parts that sandwich your real lashes. It doesn't hurt, but they're a little harder to apply and I'd assume your natural lashes can't be too sparse
>>
>>10726916
This in't the advice you're looking for, but I actually like the look of thin lips, especially in lolita. I think it looks very classy and like a porcelain doll, especially with deeper reds. I have fairly full lips and feel like a bright red lip is just too much on me
>>
sorry if this has been asked before, I can't see it here though.

Does anyone know any good makeup brands that can be used on eczema? Finally getting to go to a con after 2 years and I've had a pretty painful flare up on my face (after 2 years of it being isolated to my hand only, it has decided to be everywhere less than a month before the convention. It's bloody rude of it frankly)

I did have a look online but there's so many adverts that I'm not sure what's genuine and what's not.

Probably should also mention that I'm in the UK and have skin the colour of a banshee's (ie very very pale)

(also, normally I would never ever put makeup on my skin if I'm having a flare but I really want to cosplay with friends - I just want to feel pretty for one day lol)
>>
Not sure if this is the thread to ask, but can I get a little direction as someone that hasn't really used makeup? Im turning 25 soon and embarrassingly Ive done fuck all. I wasn't exactly the feminine type growing up and I ended up not learning a thing.

I have dry skin, little to no acne, and most scented lotions make my skin burn... But that's not what I'm here for.

I just need a good place to start learning the basics of makeup? For more Japanese oriented makeup. I'm not interested in how most westerner's apply their makeup
Besides of course keeping clean, washing my face properly, changing pillow cases often, etc.
Though if anyone else has dry flakey skin and found some good solutions I'm all ears!
>>
>>10730856
i learned the basics from michelle phan's vids when i started wearing makeup. her makeup trend vids would be outdated these days, but for absolute basics i think it would still be useful
>>
>>10730856

Pony makeup if you want more Asian oriented makeup. Also Pinterest, unironically.
>>
>>10730861
Pony makeup?
And thanks, I really should use pinterest more
>>10730859
Thank you! I haven't heard the name Michelle Phan in ages... I'll go in keeping in mind they may be a little outdated, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It's just the breadcrumb I need to start.
>>
>>10730864

Pony is a Korean makeup youtuber, does really nice tutorials. She does some really interesting tuts for skin texture, but as a newbie I would focus on how she does contouring, eye makeup, and lips. She also has basic tutorials how to nicely apply bb cream vs foundation and which is nicer.
>>
>>10730856
honestly I'd recommend watching korean beauty youtubers to learn good technique. korean makeup tutorials are more refined than japanese makeup tutorials are harder to find + generally include sloppier application (see kawaii pateen)
channels I recommend for beginners would be; jung saem-mool, inbora, risabae, arang, coco riley, and minsco has good product reviews. Most of the youtubers I listed make tutorials for specific steps/sections of makeup, and I'd recommend trying to slowly learn with those instead of start with following full tutorials.
>>
>>10730750
Bad news is that active (still red and itchy) eczema is reactive skin due to active inflammation. So you can't really formulate makeup for eczema in that sense - some people find that they can manage makeup for 'sensitive skin' on eczema that is only dry as opposed to red and painful. Hopefully you can get the flare under control soon!

>>10726916
Use a lip tint - I actually think it ends up looking like the gradient lip trend which is cuter than 'here are my super thin lips in a really bright colour you can barely see the outline of'
>>
I'm an older lolita and my makeup habits are stuck in the 2010's. Matte foundation that can look caked on, liquid lipsticks, the works. I think I'm actually fairly good with application, it's just older tutorials is what I learned from. Can y'all suggest some youtubers who do more current makeup styles?

For reference I'm white with hooded eyes. I can watch tutorials from everyone but if they had hooded eyes that would be a big plus.
>>
Anyone know what this is from?
>>
>>10735735
it says rukia studios, looks like a taobao shop but i can't get the link with my phone.
>>
What are some good hair styles to work around/hide a grown out short hair cut? I'm growing what was once a long pixie cut and I'm in that awkward mullet phase where the hair in the back is way too long, the sides are still short and curved arou d the ear and the bangs are too long. I've been wearing berets and other hats to hide it but I can't just wear hats all the time. Does anyone have any inspo pics or advice?
>>
>>10734685
for your foundation, get a primer.
>>
haven’t had acne for years now but i just started getting cystic acne out of nowhere any tips? i switched out most of my skincare for more neutral products and 20% azelaic acid seems to reduce their appearance so it’s just a faint red mark but idk how to actually stop this from happening.
>>
>>10734027
I use lip tints too. I usually apply around the middle of my bottom lip and just let it spread around from there. It gives me those exaggerated doll lips, but thin lips look different on everyone so try experimenting with your own and look at how lolitas with your features do their makeup. I hate plumpers. They make barely any difference imo and only last like an hour at most.
>>
>>10735755
Just get a wig.
>>
>>10736130
Anything hormonal going on? Honestly the best tip is actually accutane, unless you have developed PCOS in which case birth control or spironolactone.
>>
>>10693769
I wish I knew how to make the dewy glossier style work on me. I just end up looking greasy and tired.
>>
>>10693819
>mfw I do all this and still have a halo of short frizz around my crown
I can literally sit on my lengths, wtf is this shit.

>>10693844
Same

>>10693853
See, I did. I followed it religiously for two years. And... nothing changed. My lengths got a little curlier, but the frizz remained. I even did the whole hair analysis thing, was told my hair was probably 2B and how to look after it. Followed their instructions to a T... And it looks the exact same. Frustrated as hell, might just chop one of these days.
>>
>>10722073
Is it possible to do keratin, but keeping some of the body and wave in the hair? Pin-straight doesn't suit me.
>>
>>10736130
use paula's choice bha daily. it's truly a miracle product
>>
>>10693819
Your hair sounds curly but
>>
>>10736810
You sure you don't have a whole lot of damage?
>>
>>10736810
Weird opinion but does frizz really have to be a bad thing? I can kind of see it being a trend because it looks kind of neat
>>
>>10737813
Frizz looks bad. It just makes you look messy and like you don't take care of your hair.
>>
>>10737804
Was going to say the same thing. Frizz can often just be a bunch of breakage and not at all just because of curly hair.
>>
File: 00065883399009.jpg (37 KB, 500x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
gulls I need help finding a good deodorant/antiperspirant that won't ruin my burando with bad smell, yellow stains, or white gunk, any recommendations?
I switched to picrel (crystal/rock deodorant) from degree dry spray antiperspirant, and while I don't sweat much I smell awful halfway through the day now and that smell lingers on my poly pieces even after washing them. Degree and other dry sprays/antiperspirants caused white buildup thats impossible to come off.
>>
>>10738399
samefag but I forgot to mention that I already eat a healthy balanced diet, and exercise. I never really used to have bad bo either until I tried the benzoyl peroxide wash 'trend', ever since that if I go without deo I smell like bo.
>>
>>10738399
I personally use Mitchum gel for women triple odor defense.
My wardrobe is 99% black but the one white blouse and burgundy dress I have haven't had any stains or buildup whereas other deodorants fucked them up badly.
None of my black items have had any buildup whatsoever.
I don't typically have very strong bo but I feel like this stuff lasts a good long while.
>>
>>10737804
How can I tell? My hairdresser said I don't, but I have a lot of crazy layers. I feel like I snip a lot of split ends off. (With proper hair scissors.)
>>
>>10736810
look into keratin treatments anon. i also have inevitable genetic frizz and it does wonders
>>
>>10738462
If you're search-and-destroying your splits the frizz could be from that (or breakage further up making you have a lot of short pieces in your hair)
Even if you don't have a lot of damage at your ends, it's likely that part of the solution is to get a decent amount of length chopped off, stop obsessively trimming every split end you see and just dust/microtrim, and continue to baby the shit out of your hair. Do you also live somewhere very humid - because if so, humidity tends to fuck up and overrule anything you do to anti-frizz, save the strongest of curl gel+oil combos.
>>
>>10738609
I wouldn't say it's obsessive, but I'll try to do it less. Also, yeah. Very humid where I live, and super hard water.
>>
>>10738612
Hate to say this, but it's probably a combo of terrible water + humidity. My hair and skin were godawful when I lived in a hard water area. You basically need a water filter to make the water nicer for your hair as a starting point...And then refine your products for the humidity
>>
>>10738612
I live in a very humid area and my hair used to get really frizzy. What I do to prevent it is slap on A CRAPTON of leave in conditioner everytime I wash my hair. It makes my hair look crunchy when it's freshly washed but I just let it air dry for half a day at home and my hair looks nice for a week before I wash it again. Also wear a bonnet to bed to prevent your pillow from causing friction in your hair, it helps with frizz and split ends.
>>
>>10736810
To contribute to what other people said, it also helps to find the right shampoo and conditioners. At least for me, that makes a huge difference. I have medium 2A/2B hair that tangles and frizzes super easily, i almost always get wet frizz. Also, paying attention to protein/moisture balance. Have you tried any protein treatments?
>>
File: cos1.png (148 KB, 775x1061)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
post the last few cosmetics you bought. pic related is stuff i just got.

im spending money to get reach a welcome bonus on a credit card and i need reasons to spend so might as well invest in myself. also probably going to panic buy 2 years' worth of everyday shit i use.
>>
File: 2years.png (247 KB, 1568x737)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>10740108

what the jesus fuck happened here
>>
>>10740108
My skin didn't really like cosrx's bha products so I'm hoping this one will work since nowadays i have a lot more blackheads
>>
>>10740108
I must defeat my acne
>>
>>10736130
I've got this problem too after years of nothing. Our bodies still change :(

After some experiments I've got solution for me - excluding some food (nuts, butter, some very oily snacks) because it causes most of the acne. I'm very skinny (to be fair too skinny) so all my life I ate everything I wanted and this is my payback. Also some acne comes at the end of menstrual cycle and I can do nothing with it.

So the biggest tip - full health diagnostics if you want to get rid of the cause of acne, not fight the consequences.
>>
>>10740368
>full health diagnostics
What do I ask for at the doctor for that? Do I have to go to a dermatologist?
>>
File: paula choice.png (209 KB, 1220x870)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>10740302

where are you buying from that toner is priced in USD and the BHA is in GBP? almost thought those were cheaper too but then i noticed the sizes on the labels.

i'm too poor for paula's choice products. they're fantastic great but a bitch got to eat. but im also worried about prices going up, might just bite the bullet and put it on payment plan.

>>10740367

i've never seen that before, but then i'm lucky to have manageable acne. i believe in you anon, you can do it!
>>
>>10740367
Hope it works for you, anon! I've used for so long that my skin became resistant to it. Nowadays I can only control my (hormonal) acne with physical activities and a diet free from sugar, industrial food and fats.
>>
Sorry for samefagging, but
>>10740368
We are the same, anon. On my journey to get rid of acne I've discovered that dairy products were also worsening my skin and increasing the amount of oil it produces. Another thing that I had to stop consuming was wheat, as it started to affect my digestive system which, in turn, affected my acne.

Getting rid of acne is a long and arduous journey. It involves a ton of self knowledge and experimentation. Praying so that all anons here may get rid of it in the least painful way possible.
>>
File: 1577704925791.jpg (25 KB, 800x605)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>10740381
>I've used for so long that my skin became resistant to it.

that's a thing??

>Nowadays I can only control my (hormonal) acne with physical activities and a diet free from sugar, industrial food and fats.
>mfw
>>
>>10740385
>that's a thing??
Yeah! Continuous usage of these products may lead your skin to become resistant to it, that's why most doctors makes us rotate between products with different ingredients while we are treating / controlling it.

About exercising and eating well... Acne is mostly a consequence of how your body is working right now. Having a healthy liver, a healthy digestive trait etc. Is directly related to your acne, and can drastically reduce its occurrence even when your problem is, like mine, hormonal.
>>
File: ew25xtya9pu31.png (2.5 MB, 1242x1242)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>>10740388

ah ok, i try to limit BHA to 3x week max. luckily im this anon >>10740378 so my acne isnt terrible, just the occasional red bump and barely noticeable patch of blackheads under normal lighting.

>Having a healthy liver

well shit
>>
inspo for styling those smallish bow clips? one came in the meta lucky pack and im having a hard time wearing it.
>>
>>10740415
Have you got a pic?
>>
>>10740368
>>10740381
>>10740384
Honestly, my hormonal and regular acne went away after a 12 month course of low-dose accutane (like literally only 20mg per day) ...after trying a whole lot of different skincare for 8 years with temporary results, it was a revelation. I used to be super sensitive to sunscreens and makeup and would basically resign myself to a breakout if I wore any foundation for the while day. I could also time my cycle by when particular deep cystic zits would appear on my cheeks, forehead and chin and no amount of BHA/AHA/retinol/serums/dietary shit/birth control ever did anything to stop those. 3 years on and my skin still flares up when it's provoked but actives now actually work for me to keep it under control, I can literally count on one hand the number of cysts I've had, and sunscreen and makeup is no longer an issue.
>>
>>10740426
I'm glad to know that it helped you, anon! I've taken accutane twice in the course of my life, first, when I was a teenager and my acne started to affect my self-esteem to a dangerous level, and then as a young adult, when it came back with full force. Both times I took it it did clean my face to perfection. it, however, affected my liver to a point that, years later, I started having difficulties in processing fat. And, well, some years after taking it my acne did come back, as the cause was not solved (my hormonal imbalance). It came, however, much lighter than past times, but I will never know if it was accutane's work or the result of any other factor such as age, diet and so on.

Accutane has a really high rate of success, but specially in men. For women, as it is often, the prolonged success rate is quite lower.

If anyone is considering taking accutane, do not forget to get a doctor to follow the treatment with you, and to constantly check the health of your body as you take it. Each country might have a different regulation for it, so having a doctor monitoring your liver is crucial.
>>
>>10740378
From ebay
>>
File: bw.png (642 KB, 666x830)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>10740419
like these. i just don't want to slap it on the side of my head
>>
>>10740711
nta but they look nice slapped on if you put a braid underneath.
>>
>>10738399
pit pads
>>
>>10740501
Sorry to hear that it screwed up your liver anon. As you probably saw, I did try birth control to see if it would help hormonal imbalance as well as diet before accutane and had minimal success. I was lucky that I responded well to the low dose rather than needing to go up to a high dose - the idea of me doing the low dose course (but for longer) was also to reduce the risk of the side effects as they classified me as 'moderate' since the cysts went away sometimes, and my bloodwork was fine the whole way through. I thought in most countries you need a dermatologist because of the side effects, but I don't know how many people are able to have the low-dose protocol. I still get acne if I am stressed or don't clean my sunscreen off my face properly, but it means I don't have cystic acne and it's more like 'solid blackheads' which are easier to manage.
>>
>>10740711
You need to style your hair underneath the bow. Like looped braids, twin buns etc.
>>
>>10738412
Thanks for the rec anon! The aluminum cholorohydrate worries me that it might stain my whites, but I too have more black than anything else in my wardrobe so no buildup is good to hear.
>>10740813
I do have pit pads, but they aren't feasible for (very) short sleeve ops, when the sleeves are see through chiffon, unfortunately.

Update on the crystal alum deodorant for anyone else considering it, never use this shit. I just noticed it stained my whites worse than my previous antiperspirants. Using picrel and glycolic acid until sweaty summer months when I'll probably switch back to an antiperspirant.
>>
>>10743146
try glycolic acid? apparently it works well
>>
Couldn't find a fitness thread here, but what do you gulls do to keep in shape for the burando? I like exercising and it makes me feel good to feel healthier but I can't help but think i'm doing it a bit aimlessly- if i'm at the gym i'll elliptical for 20 minutes or jog around my neighborhood. Anyone have any good routines? I get hormonal acne so I think I have to amp it up a little to get it more under control
>>
>>10743146
anything that has any metal in it will stain. that's what anons were talking about with it being a marketing trick.
>>
>>10746623
If you're ok with elliptical or jogging, mix it up with fartleks or thinking about covering more distance in 20 mins rather than the same thing every time, or even think about training for a 5km run so you have a goal of improvement to work towards. You may need to do more upper body, core and specific strengthening exercises as well. Pop Pilates has good basic free routines/videos.
>>
am I an idiot or can I just use uv resin instead of gel nail polish as long as I cure it? I want a specific colour and figured they're basically the same thing
>>
>>10746623
i work from home and have a desk pedal so i just bike all day. I don't even make a lot of effort at it but I have dropped a few lbs doing this already. i highly recommend if you can.
>>
>>10749073
nail anon here. they're not the same. UV resin isn't designed to adhere to your nails, it heats faster which can cause burning and will crack and peel more easily. it's also much thicker than polish as well and won't level properly when brushed on. if you really want a custom color and don't have any clear gel, you can use a base coat with color mixed in and put it on as thinner layers(so it doesn't pool). i always keep clear gel to make custom colors. what color are you trying to make, and what colorants are you going to use to make it?
>>
>>10725895
eww an insecure little cunt that has to pay up in financial status what she can't afford in personality

damn your life really must be miserable
>>
>>10735755
slick it back/gel it down, you can even add waves to it.
>>
>>10749103
Holy fuck you sound so mad.
>>
>>10749105
Necroing the thread over an old reply is dumb as fuck, and I'm the one that anon originally called cheap.
>>
>>10749105
says the cunt that goes ''ew cheap cunt'' when someone posts a product they like. You're the one with problems anon. Seems you can dish it but you can't take it.
>>
>>10695099
Just a warning I bought this sunscreen and over time it gave my face a rash. I have a friend that got a gross reaction from their body sunscreen too.
>>
>>10749111
I'm not that anon you nutball. It's just pathetic that you're on this board of all places insulting people for having money. Even >>10749107 thinks you're retarded. I fuck with bath and body works and high end perfume, what do you have to say about that?
>>
>>10749073
>>10749077
If you can find\mix the right colour, nailpolish with a UV topcoat would also be an option, that's what I do because I already had a huge nailpolish collection when I started doing UV.
You just have to make sure it's fully dried before applying the topcoat, otherwise the solvents will mess it up.
I usually do the nailprep, then primer, then a UV basecoat as a barrier (because solvent-based polish makes my nails soft), wipe the sticky layer off, then lightly sand, then apply polish, let that dry for a day, then put on the UV topcoat.
Lasts ages.

(Of course do not try and build a nail on top of the polish, that would be a disaster. In fact, do not try to build a nail at all unless you've studied the construction really thoroughly.)
>>
Is there any reason to do skincare if your skin already looks okay? Can it prevent further wrinkles?
>>
>>10749239

Yah that's the whole point. Prevention is way less of a pain that reversal. Retinol for instance is pretty good at preventing wrinkes but if you start by the time you get wrinkles it's only modestly effective. Same with sunscreen - studies show regular use results in people looking visibly younger than their non sunscreen wearing colleagues. Just get into it so you don't have ragrets like me.
>>
>>10749239
Yes. Sun damage literally causes wrinkles. If you're willing to spend money, you can also get more intense medispa treatments which promote collagen generation to delay their formation.
>>
>>10749247
>>10749249
Aaaa it's already too late, I'm already wrinkly. I hate it.
I will see if I can do anything to prevent further damage then, but it's already a bit too late.
>>
Okay, I've bought Retinol and sunscreen. I didn't dare buying Retinol from the store, I just know the employees would be thinking "ahaha look at that wrinkly person, desperately trying to stop their wrinkles, hahaha", so I ordered it online. Will try in a few days, hopefully it arrives before the weekend.
>>
>>10749326
you should be spending that money getting therapy for your anxiety.
>>
>>10749077
me again, adding that it may be confusing to research this because nail resin is a term in the industry for nail glue(a cyanoacrylate based product), and more recently there is a hybrid type which combines the glue with uv gel to form a different product called UV gel resin. you may have seen it advertised as a curable glue for applying nail tips for enhancements.
>>
>>10749326

Breathe. Whatever wrinkles you have are likely not bad at all.

Would start with just moisturiser and sunscreen first. Ideally two weeks of just that to ensure no breakouts. Then start retinol. Ease yourself into it.

More importantly hydrate well, don't smoke or drink, and if you don't hang out in the sun much to begin with you're pretty good already. Also kinda agree with other anon don't stress yourself out too much although I'm also a stress basket so I probably am the worst at giving anti anxiety advice.
>>
>>10749346
>don't drink
drinking alcohol only is a problem if you don't hydrate properly. i'm sick of this myth.
>>
>>10749347

1-2 drinks a week is fine but if you're drinking on a daily basis that can have serious effects on your major organs. Major organs like the heart supply vessels to guess what, the skin. So yeah, even if there are not studies specific to skin and alcohol usage there are other indicators that it could cause aging either directly or indirectly.
>>
>>10749326
you sound like a literal child. If you're scared to buy some thing as innocuous as skincare from the store, you probably don't need to worry about wrinkles
>>
>>10749251
Botox can undo fine lines, if you’re willing
>>
>>10749347
https://dermnetnz.org/topics/cutaneous-adverse-effects-of-alcohol
>>
File: FriezaVsVegetaNV...png (1.24 MB, 1200x673)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>be me
>33
>Try black lipstick for the first time
>I love it
Why didn't I do this sooner?
>>
File: 23p-01-1.jpg (451 KB, 600x848)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>
Been wanting to try snail cream moisturizer; do any of you have good recs?
>>
>>10753247
Cosrx or Mizon
>>
>>10750757
If you don't already own it, I highly recommend Black Moon Cosmetics Sleepwalker.
>>
>>10752968
Sometimes I don't get this look... It just looks like she was rubbing her eyes too much...
>>
Is there anybody who used to struggle with lipstick staying on throughout the day on their lower lip because they have an overbite and found a fix? The closest i've come is just using lip tint since it's looks a bit more natural so it's not the biggest deal if it wears off just kinda sad about having barely any options.
>>
>>10760496
Get braces
>>
>>10760515
I was on the nhs waiting list for 8 years and now that i'm 18 I can't get them :/
>>
>>10760549
Start saving money then, like everyone else.
>>
>>10760549
so in the uk, you can't get private insurance to cover it instead? like private insurance companies don't exist there?
>>
I'm losing my hair due to health stuff. Any good sites for appropriate wigs?
>>
>>10761879
https://maple-wig.com/ is a really good start! If you have a local beauty supply store, they may have some decent wigs as well. I hope you are doing well anon!
>>
>>10761879
I like Prisila wigs, they don't have that realistic hair part/scalp but are otherwise amazing
>>
>>10761527
Most people don't get private insurance because the NHS covers so much, so by the time they want something on private it's a "pre-existing condition" and it's excluded from their cover.
>>
>>10761975
Braces are one of those things that aren't neccesary and even private dental insurance in America for example doesn't usually cover orthodontics consistently. But most people know they need braces early like this person did and they could have planned to get private insurance as an adult or just save up depending on cost. Idk I heard straight porcelain white teeth are an American trend anyway but the solution to their issue is literally braces or those cheap invisalign knockoffs you can get online but they aren't ideal for certain bite issues.

Idk how pre-existing conditions apply to crooked teeth or bite, when yes you're born with it so orthodontic needs will always be preexisting conditions?
>>
Bump
>>
>>10761879
Honestly learn from black women online and buy wigs from black beauty stores. Wig installs are intended to be worn for extended periods of time and black hairstylists know how to style wigs better than most.
>>
File: 1635533257831.jpg (61 KB, 500x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Is there makeup tutorials you lot would recommend for someone who has never touched the stuff?
>>
>>10767029
I second this. My first lolita wig was a human hair wig from a Korean black beauty supply store and it's nicer than all the cosplay synthetic wigs I've seen others wear. I don't think I'd ever buy a cheaper wig knowing what a $100 (still pretty cheap) one is like.
>>
>>10768878
>>10767029
very surprised more lolita's don't go to black beauty supply stores, you can even get heat resistant pony tails in any color that don't look glossy, or are synthetic human hair mixed. I get complimented on my hair at pretty much every meet now after checking them out. Braid headbands have been my favorite item. Also they last for a really long time
>>
>>10761879
You should probably go to a real irl wig store
>>
Does this makeup work on men too?
I'm a guy but I kind of want to try cross-dress cosplay. I can buy a full silicone suit female suit for my body, but I'm curious about makeup?
>>
>>10768906
No it won't stick to the skin, it's because of the excess sweat. Try a mask?
>>
>>10768930
Do men's faces sweat more or something?
A mask isn't quite what I want. I also don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup like a drag queen. I just want to make my face look a bit more feminine.
>>
>>10768867
Look at the replies of
>>10730856
>>
>>10768906
>Does this makeup work on men too?
no, you'll melt like the fucking wicked witch of the west the second it touches you

more seriously though, yes it works, just look up crossplay tutorials and go for the products that they recommend. cgl should have a crossplay general too, if not then check archives.
and sweating isn't a huge issue, you just get a product called primer for that.
>>
>>10769013
Every crossplay makeup tutorial I've seen for men has way too much eye shadow and looks like a drag queen, not cute or whatever at all. Also I have a very manly looking face, I think. I will try to find a way to make it look more feminine. Crossplay generals from this board are probably my best bet for that. Thanks.

>you'll get a product called primer for sweating
Great. I'll look into this.
>>
>>10769013
nta but which primer prevents sweating?? never heard of that
>>
>>10769018
The primer keeps the makeup on your face instead of sliding right out when you sweat.
Obvs you don't want to prevent your face from sweating, that'll probably cause a breakout.
>>
>>10768959
Thank you.
>>
I know Dakota gets meme'd to death but my own hair has a very similar colour, texture and body to her hair and I'd love to be able to replicate the styling she's had done here in this picture, I just don't know what tools I'd need.

Any advice? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to hair styling. I normally just let it air dry and wear it down.
>>
>>10769017
Unironically look up makeup tutorials for mtfs, they're by design supposed to be a) beginner friendly b) supposed to be roughly equivalent to "normal" makeup for cis women
>>
Does anyone how interesting hairstyle inspo for a full bonnet? I have hip length hair, if that helps.
>>
>>10769262
I usually do the double braided hair loops in front, or tuck everything under the bonnet and go with curled side pieces instead. I would focus on accessorizing the front of the bonnet instead since it covers most of your head.
>>
>>10769079
anon, this is a digital perm.
>>
File: IMG_20220603_195454.jpg (713 KB, 1080x2161)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>10769274
I already said that I know that she gets meme'd to death, but let's not be thick and pretend that this isn't her real hair. It isn't even a photo posted by her, but by a hair stylist named Lewin Hair Design.

Idgaf about an almost decade old drama, I just want hair tips damnit.
>>
>>10769537
...look up a digital perm you autist. it's a professionally done procedure not shoop.
>>
>>10769537
Complete retardation.
>>
>>10769570
>>10769573
Damn, I'm retarded.
>>
>>10769274
How damaging is a digital perm? I'm thinking the technique is from Asia, and Asians tend to have coarser hair, so would it be not worthwhile on fine hair due to the destructive nature of the heat and chemicals? I'm interested, but if it's like the girls who bleach their hair and then end up having to chop it, then I'll pass.
>>
>>10769687
it depends on your hair type. not so much the strand thickness, but the porosity. less porous hair gets damaged more easily. you can't have dyed it or it will damage it, but sometimes you can get it dyed after the perm. usually you don't need to completely chop it all off unless it looks bad permed as well, it won't suddenly look bad once the perm wears off.
>>
>>10769687
I think of it like any chemical treatment - I don't expect to be able to grow my hair longer, because the damage usually means it gets splits at about the same rate as it grows, and I hate seeing hair with major split ends. You shouldn't need to chop it all off though if the person knows what they're doing, and if you're super worried you could always ask for a test area or to test it on the hair that normally comes out in your hairbrush
>>
What's a difference between a water based primer and a moisturizer?
>>
File: 8.jpg (29 KB, 198x212)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Hey girls, whats a very very basic skincare routine that I could start as a guy to have significant improvement. No acne, little bit of blackheads on the nose but otherwise good skin, im just turning 30 and wanna get on it before the age sets in since im not married yet.
>>
>>10783353
just get a gentle drug store face wash like cerave or cetaphil, a moisturizer, and sunscreen. I'd recommend getting something like picrel off amazon since american sunscreens are notoriously shit. BHA products can help with blackheads but make sure they're actually blackheads and not just sebaceous filaments first
>>
>>10783353
Bro, dont play that game of six billion products that the ladies are playing. shit is NOT cash.

Here is what you going to do, use honey for a facemask, you can wash it off after like 20 minutes in the shower, put some on your dick too. Than use olive oil for general skin, cold press. Dont be cheap. Change your bed sheet. AND ICE YOUR BALLS.
>>
>>10786256
this is why men look like shit.
>>
>>10703239
>>10703399
I've been heat straightening my hair for years and it still grows as always. Just don't get it near the roots
>>
>>10783417
>sebaceous filaments
Is there anything that can be done for sebaceous filaments? I'm also in my 30s and I've had issues with those since high school. It sucks because my skin is decent otherwise.
>>
im a bit overwhelmed, what's a good affordable (under $12?) japanese/korean sunscreen i can get off amazon?
>>
>>10787521
Damp towel and understating that they’re normal to have
>>
>>10787552
Thanks Anon. Is it ok if I ask a clarifying question from here >>10783417. I currently use the foam Cetaphil cleanser. I use the a witch hazel toner and Purpose brand moisturizer (recommended by a dermatologist years ago) but it makes my skin feel oily. Is there a better toner/moisturizer combo?
>>
This might be more K-beauty but what are good products for doing really bright inner corner highlights and aegyo-sal?
>>
>>10790981
Colorgram has a 2-in-1 stick specifically for making aegyo-sals. You could totally use the highlighter on it for the inner corners, too. I've been using it that way, at least
>>
>take mom, who wears little/no makeup, to Sephora because she’s self-conscious about her thinning eyebrows
>go to checkout
>cashier says I have 4000 points
>mom turns to me and asks if that’s a lot

I rarely spend them but also lol.
>>
Should I get a glass nail file or metal nail file? I hate the floppy cardboard ones and the little ones on my nail clippers kinda suck.
>>
>>10792914
glass is better but just be careful not to file away too much; they file faster than metal or disposables
>>
>>10792915
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like it'll shorten my nailcare sessions too, which I like. I'm only just now getting into caring about them.
>>
>>10792914
I prefer metal. Glass gives me a nails on a chalkboard feeling. I'm sure they're higher quality than metal and all that, but I guess I'm a pleb.

The floppy ones are for buffing the top of the nail to prep it for extensions and then shaping the nail extensions because the sponginess of the file helps it smooth out the lumpiness of the extension globs. I wouldn't really use it for natural nail edges.
>>
File: sv2htvls6ig91.jpg (71 KB, 640x1422)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Asking in this thread cause I figure some of you'll know more about this than the rest of the board but I've been a habitual nail-biter since I was a toddler and only recently learned to stop as of this year.

I really want to have pretty nails but my natural nails are ugly as fuck. I was only really able to stop biting my nails by wearing nail polish constantly, and now I have this temporary yellow staining that is apparently the result of nail polish pigment?

The skin around them is also flaky and dry and they're covered in these white spots (which apparently are "not" the result of some sort of deficiency which a lot of people think but are actually the result of physical damage to the nail).

Any ideas how I can make them prettier?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.