[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

So I have tend to go to conventions every year and meet friends each year. The one con I didn't was the one where I was a masked character. (Pre covid)This Con, there is a mask mandate. So considering that through everyday life, I HAVE EXPERIENCED:

masks make common harder (no lip reading and muffling)

masks make ppl less approachable. (Including me)

masks make ppl less friendly and inviting

face shields not allowed

How would I be able to negate these effects and meet/squad up with ppl?

I'm showing up alone btw.
>>
>>10690915
Uh bro just wear the mask. Not that big a deal
>>
>>10690915
there is a thread about making friends already, ya goof
>>
>>10690923
Why are threads about making friends even allowed here? This isn't /adv/
>>
File: 1597445957255.jpg (20 KB, 276x254)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>10690915
>How would I negate these effects and meet/squad up with ppl?

Easy zoomer, get a job and save up for cons that don't have a face mask mandate. Otherwise, ride the fucking wave or make friends over social meet up and meet up with them that way. Other people will join in on the fun if they see other people having fun, that's how cons work.
>>
>it’s another cons aren’t the same anymore thanks to republicans who refuse to wear a piece of cloth over their face properly and get a jab in the arm 2 times with a booster half a year later episode
>>
>>10695218
>d get a jab in the arm 2 times with a booster half a year later episode
Only 2 jabs?? You need 5 jabs and a negative covid test to get into this convention.
>>
>>10690915
>>10699545
Shut the fuck up! Please, just shut the fuck up. Stop dragging this board down with incessant complaining about covid. Talk about anything else. No one wants to argue about this bullshit anymore
>>
I've found that most people were fine with unmasking outside. So if there's an outdoor common area that's a good place to meet people.
It's the winter now though so that might mean that you end up hanging out with smokers though lol
>>
>>10690915
>masks make common harder (no lip reading and muffling)
>masks make ppl less approachable. (Including me)
>masks make ppl less friendly and inviting

It's not the fault of masks that you're an autist.
>>
>>10695218
Lol the vaxx doesn't even work. It gives permanent heart damage in healthy young people 20yrs+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0I_v-ihsE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZZTPp-eYU&t=758s
>>
>>10690915
How autistic do you have to be to not know how to communicate with a mask on.
>>
>>10699960
Hurry up and die, plague rat
>>
>>10700004
People here can't communicate WITHOUT a mask.
>>
I know OP posted this a month ago, but you've had months to adjust to wearing masks. But if you wear two masks - fuck you. I can't hear your for shit. ... and it kind of makes me sad if I want to be your friend but can't hear you through 4 layers of cloth :(.
>>
>>10700129
This anon speaks the truth

>>10700145
I just get black surgical masks that are 4-ply to start with, they go with everything.
>>
>>10699551
>>10699570
>>10700004
>>10700127
>>10700129
>>10700186
why don't you faggots go back to where you came from
>>
>>10700314
> make a useless thread whining about maks
> throw a fit when people correctly call you a autist
>>
>>10700318
>be XY male
>cut dick off and have axe wound groin
>still a man
>suck 20 nigger dicks through glory holes
>they beat you up when they see you and realize you are a male
>brag about it on reddit
>come to /cgl/ as you cosplay as a normal female
>get mad when you see someone who isn't mentally ill
>join the 41%
>parents use your birth name on your gravestone
>>
>>10699545
>reality isn't actually that bad so I have to make things up for my oppressed minority larp
>>
>>10700568
>it's only 4 jabs not 5!

liberals
>>
>>10700568
based retard
>>
>>10700582
No con is requiring 4 covid shots to enter. The absolute desperation to be oppressed is palpable.
>>
>>10700616
>No con is requiring 4 covid shots to enter
only a matter of time, you are already on a slippery slope
>>
>>10701005
You realize slippery slope is literally a fallacy right?
>>
>>10701010
By default? No, not at all actually.
>>
>>10701010
not when it gets proven every passing day
>>
>>10701005
I remember almost 2 years ago when the narrative was that covid wasn't a problem and no one had died from it. Where was the fear of slippery slope then?
>>
>>10700561
> If I call other people trannies they won't notice I'm retarded
>>
>>10690915
I will literally not approach anyone unless they're wearing a mask, and I see people in public not wearing them as inherently less friendly.

Wear a mask anon.
>>
>>10701197
Well... I usually view people who wear a mask in areas it's not required in as either a bit paranoid or sociopaths playing theater to make themselves look like "good people".

It's fine though, please keep doing as you are. Militant ones like you don't make for good friends anyways because you will not hesitate to ghost and slander your family and friends over this crap. You value your public and online image more than you do your real relationships with your real family and friends and will throw them away as long as you can use the maneuver to earn you brownie points on Twitter or whatever.
>>
>>10701217
They may just be wearing a mask because they have a cold, because it's flu season, because they aren't wearing makeup or have a pimple, because they are shy and want to hide their face, or as an aesthetic choice if it matches their outfit.

The attachment of sjw stuff or some assumption of a moral or political position to a mask is dumb. There's so many reasons someone could be wearing it besides being a virtue signaling weirdo or a hypochondriac.
>>
>>10701217
You sound pathetic.

My hypochondriac ass is gonna keep wearing a mask. Why do you even care who wears a mask? At least my mental illness doesn't make a total asshole unlike whatever the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>10701217
How did you manage to get to the point to where seeing people wear a mask to stay warm or for health reasons makes you upset?
>>
>>10701217
i wear one so you can't see me laughing at you
>>
>>10701217
>Militant ones like you don't make for good friends anyways because you will not hesitate to ghost and slander your family and friends over this crap.

Yeah, I choose my friends based on people who have similar beliefs and values as me because I actually have beliefs and values that are important to me. If people are doing things that I believe are harmful and against my beliefs, I don't want to be around those people. This is how people who actually have a backbone are.

And I don't just mean related to covid, either. If you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is and say loud and proud how you feel about things and act on them, you're a pussy and a pushover.

I'd much rather meet someone who calls me an idiot and doesn't befriend me for wearing a mask than some loser who whinges about it online but will still rub elbows in public.
>>
>>10701222
>they may be wearing a mask for <reasons nobody ever wore a mask before 2020>
Take your meds
>>
>>10701291
> I live in my mom's basement so I never saw people wearing a mask for things like pollen allergy, so it doesn't happen!
>>
>>10701291
what is east asia?
>>
>>10690915
Just don't fucking wear one, I guarantee you they won't enforce it, you have to be fully vaxxed to get into these places anyway
>>
>>10701291
>being this proudly ignorant of the world
>>
>>10695218
This post is like when Binger gave his closing arguments and sarcastically told the jury what Rosenbaum did leading up to his death, as if it were at all reasonable to anyone with even half a functioning brain.
>>
>>10701191
ok destiny
>>
>>10701302
>I live in asia
>>
>>10701197
>>10701222
>>10701225
>>10701242
>>10701268
>>10701270
>>10701298
>>10701339
you will diminish you comunicative capabilities and you will be happy
>>
>>10701390
If wearing a mask disminishes your comunicative capabilities, yes, you are an autist. Normal people don't have this problem.
>>
>>10701425
stop playing playing stupid
Facial expressions are a vital part of communication and socialization, now we have a whole generation deprived of it. God only knows what the consequences of it are.
>>
>>10701427
>Facial expressions are a vital part of communication and socialization
And so are tone of voice and body language, besides, eyes are also an important part of facial expressions. But you need to see the mouth because you are an autist.
>>
>>10701429
>And so are
motherfucker you concede that it's important yet you don't care about it, a true nigger
>>
>>10701429
Unless you are deaf and read lips (but we can also use sign language), the presence of a mask would probably not hinder anyone from communicating. Even an autistic person is bad at reading facial cues and understanding social stuff a lot of the time, so seeing the face wouldn't actually help them. Plus a huge amount of our expression is done through our upper third face which you can still see.

I truly hate it when people who hate masks pretend like either wearing one actually makes you a bad person or they bring up people with disabilities to justify their own dislike despite not having or really caring about said disability. Just admit you're a pussy and/or an actual autist who can't handle a piece of cloth on your face and let that be it.
>>
>>10701436
imagine calling someone a pussy for not being afraid of a flu
>>
>>10701427
It's been two year not really. Settle down. Have faith that not everyone is autistic as you are. Humanity will survive little buddy
>>
File: Bk8kQcUCAAASHYt.jpg (34 KB, 383x530)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>Thread featuring my wife
>Worst thread on the entire board by a country mile
>But what about
>But what about
>But what about

Sad ! To any of you saying you avoid no-maskers, thank you for your service and making all our lives a little easier. We are all far better off without you around. And I'll bet good money more than half you'll cowards said any combination of the following
>Cons are never coming back
>Will suck if they do
>Will never remove mask mandates if they do
>Bitch, moan and whine about how much they suck without actually going
>>
>>10701291
how about for fucking diseases in general? tons of people wore masks before this to prevent con flu, there were usually vendors selling them
and what about simple shyness?
>>
>>10701442
oh yes and when people where shoes it's because they're scared of athletes foot and no other reason.
>>
>>10701453
>But what about
Boy that sure didn't take long. But what about a real argument or some actual proof that even 5% of people do this?
>>
>>10690915
Wear the fucking mask and get an app that does talk to text.

Duh.
>>
>>10701462
confirmed for being a tourist who doesn't go to cons
also fuck if with your agendas, and fuck off trying to tell others how to live their life, nominees here is whining at you about not wearing a mask so not tell them they can't wear one
>>
>>10701222
>>10701242
>>10701298
>>10701302
>>10701453
>>10701571
Barely anyone in the west wore masks prior to the plandemic for any reason. This is a fact. You are either trying to gaslight young people into believing it was somehow a normal thing, or maybe it's that you really believe these delusions you've cooked up to justify vilifying people who aren't drinking your kool-aid.
>>
>>10701571
Was that English? Also zero arguments and I've hit 13 cons this year with two left. Try again, bitch
>>
>>10701577
I, personally, owned and wore a mask before covid. The problem is, most people avoided masks not because they useless, but because of the KKK. Its was literally illegal (and still technically is?) to wear a mask in many places, even on public sidewalks, because of anti-kkk laws, or more generic anti-mask laws because mask = criminal in some peoples minds.
Anyways, you are on a cosplay board, you never been to any anime cons? Its was very normal to see people wearing masks there. There were always multiple vendors selling weeb cloth masks.
>>
>>10701577
>Barely anyone in the west wore masks prior to the plandemic for any reason. This is a fact.

Maybe most people in America or some western countries but Asians have been doing it forever even in western countries and people have done it for allergies for a while as well even in the US. Even my school a few years ago began offering free masks at the student health /medical building and requested you wear them if desired if you were sick or coughing since most kids there were likely there because they were ill.

Obviously it is less common here and my one university (though it is in Texas, which is a conservative as fuck place) isn't representative of all of America, but other countries have been voluntarily doing it forever for all of the reasons people mentioned and some have been doing it here too.
>>
>>10701442
Hey, I also gave autist as an alternative to pussy. You're probably both though.
>>
File: _400.gif (126 KB, 300x170)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>10701571
You are definitely sounding like the tourist here. West Coast American cons which were cater-cultered to Japan had hardly any mask wearers let alone dealers selling masks, and that's speaking as someone who liked the fashion aspect of it almost a decade before covid. I would see maybe one or two dealers selling masks at FanimeCon and Anime Expo respectively and those were back when they had something like cat face or frowny blushing face masks for sale and they fit terribly. I recall at most less than a half dozen of cosplayers who were either extreme introverts, or wore them to cover masculine facial features and maybe one or two people from Asia who wore them for health purposes. It was not a normal thing to see back then.
>>
>>10701459
what?
>>10701443
>>10701589
>no arguments
>>
>>10690915
>masks make common harder

get the fuck out you god damn tranny.
>>
never been on cgl before and this is the first thread i clicked on but it seems pretty funny
>>
It puts the mask on the face again or else it gets the mandate again
>>
>>10701436
>Even an autistic person is bad at reading facial cues and understanding social stuff a lot of the time, so seeing the face wouldn't actually help them.
years ago I once had an autist tell me that he was very uncomfortable not being able to see my facial expression as I was talking to him at a larp with sunglasses and a bandana on
>>
I won't go to cons until masks mandates stop. I'll take this as vacations and focus into making cosplay and taking my own photos in a studio at my own home. I wanted to do this for years anyway.
>>
>>10707356
>I won't go to cons until masks mandates stop
They're already back in full swing. I've done five this year, starting with ColossalCon Prime. Also there's Otakufest coming next month which doesn't have it either. In the meantime there were others like AWA and Iwai that really didn't even care.
>>
>>10707376
>others like AWA
no, they cared. i had someone get pissy at me just for holding my mask over my face for a minute while i ran to the bathroom to take off some makeup i had on for an event.
>>
>>10707379
In the halls? Not really. In the lobby? Not even a little bit. You probably ran into one of their scumfuck volunteers, cause those were the worst I've ever seen, which is saying something. First was day 0 with the bitch screaming at everyone to clear the hallway and getting sassy with a girl who was politely telling her she was going way too far. The other was when I went to the burlesque show and before I even took a seat, this balding lard barged in and said "GET OUT GET OUT RIGHT NOW!!!" To which I promptly told him "Sure thing, asshole." Wanted to kick me out, but fat chance I'm letting some bottom feeder subhuman con janny get his way after grabbing the most menial position of "power" ever. He does it for free.
>>
>>10707381
>First was day 0 with the bitch screaming at everyone to clear the hallway and getting sassy with a girl who was politely telling her she was going way too far.
oh god she was insufferably rude for absolutely no reason. the one at the disability table, right?
>>
File: Zero Two Unamused.jpg (30 KB, 310x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>10707382
Not sure desu. That was thankfully my only interaction with her and probably never even got a good look at her face. What can be said of the disability table is that I went up there to ask for a mask after mine broke or something. "Oh, we can sell you one for a dollar a piece."
>mfw
>>
>>10699555
Most cons also have a designated mask free eating area. That’s where I met peeps.
>>
>>10695218
>>10699551
COVID restrictions are actively killing cons and cosplay though, so its not like this board really has any other purpose now.
>>
>>10707663
Literally truly sincerely unironically what did you mean by this? That they're getting cancelled? Cause I was at C2E2 last week and am heading over for Holiday Matsuri in just over 6 hours from now.
>>
>>10690915

Meet outdoors.
>>
the cons with mask really does ruin the cosplay
>>
>>10713604
Yes the mask is definitely the only reason these cosplays look like shit. Blame the mask.
>>
>>10713604
Ikkicon, whatup. Sat right next to Asuka there for the second half of the "drag" show.
>>
>>10703951
Anon, I thought you were funny even if nobody else did.
>>
>>10700127
Hurry up and die, Vaxtard
>>
>>10715848
>Vaxtard
I've not even got a stake in this conversation, and that was weak, anon. Come up with a better one.
>>
>>10716294
Dicussing won't unvaxx you honey.
>>
unless you wear a properly fitted N95 you change every day, your mask isnt doing shot anyway and potentially makes your chances of getting covid much higher.
this entire thing is stupid.
>>
File: mask crazy eyes.png (345 KB, 599x688)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>10690915
Masks suck. End of story. All these fat fuck volunteers at cons telling people to wear masks is the epitome of irony.
>>
>>10690915
Funny enough, at the cons I went to so far that required masks, everyone hung out in the part of the hotel or convention center where they werent being enforced. You're not alone in your mask wearing.
>>
>>10718477
*alone in mask hatred
>>
>>10713604
I want to see cute girl faces. Masks fuck everything up. And I had girls already tell me they wanted to show off their makeup and face too. This authoriratarian shit needs to go with these beta staff members who dont get to tell people what to do outside their home.
>>
>>10718483
The only girls I've seen who don't hate masks are the ones who always complain about how long makeup takes to put on/are ugly. Anyone who isn't a total chode hates masks.
>>
Why are Americans such cry babies over this? In my country mandates are way stricter and the majority still complies without much complaint or turning to conspiracy theory copium.
>>
>>10718500
Why do Eurofaggots feel that they know how to run a country that isn't theirs?
>You run our countries
I ain't the government, presumably you aren't either.
>I'm not from Europe
Not the point.
>>
>>10718500
Cause we're not cucks like you EU fags
>>
>>10718500
Hey, eurofag, where's your guns? Oh right, you dont have any! HAHAHA
>>
>>10718500
>In my country mandates are way stricter
>the majority still complies without much complaint

Do EUtards actually and unironically consider this a flex?
>>
File: 1398169610700.jpg (188 KB, 500x502)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Was positive for covid and Im unvaccinated

Still went out to ALA

See you at the next con faggots lmao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.