[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: buildabrand.jpg (40 KB, 379x484)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
We all drew prints, diy'ed or designed pieces we want to have/make.
Imagine you have unlimited funds to create a lolita brand from scratch, hire anyone you want as long as you're in the green, what would you do/who would you get on board?

Some other questions:
>What would be your brandname?
>What substyle style would you sell?
>Who would you compete with? AP, Moitie, Bodyline, Taobao etc
>What themes/materials would you use?
>Would you have a specific color palette/brand color?
>What would you focus on selling? Accessories, mainpieces, cutsews..
>>
>>10687443
why do anas always have to fuck up a fun thread
>>
>>10687450
because idiots like you will reply to their bait anon
>>
>>10687450
Pretty sure this is just a thread to mine other people's ideas for OPs regretsy store or AA
>>
>>10687466
I want an OP in a print that has little tostino rolls and a bunch of fatty itas chasing after them. ‘stuff my face daddy yang’ is embroidered on the bottom and pixyteri models it
>>
>>10687456
>>What would be your brandname?
Secret Sea Cats. I don't know.
>>What substyle style would you sell?
Bride, country and sweet lolita and something close to Larme for business-like work clothes. I may experiment with "street" lolita that would incorporate sneakers, jackets and baseball hats. A certain youtuber had the idea first so I'm not original coming up with it.
>>Who would you compete with? AP, Moitie, Bodyline, Taobao etc
I wouldn't try to compete, I would just make things I'd want to wear and offer to sell them if anyone wanted them.
>>What themes/materials would you use?
If this is just a dream, I'd have my own farm for materials like cotton, silk, sheep and alpaca. Why yes I don't know anything about clothing materials, how did you know? I'd like to incorporate jewels/crystals into the dresses themselves if possible and intricate embroidery as prints.
>>Would you have a specific color palette/brand color?
Pastels, creams, ivory, and warm soft colors overall with signature gold accents. I would have other colors as well but those would be the main ones.
>>What would you focus on selling? Accessories, mainpieces, cutsews..
Full sets of JSKs/headpiece/socks/blouse each with it's own story and a signature scent. That's right, I would sell perfumes and candles that match the dresses. Maybe nail polish too?
>>
>>10687441
Cringe. This is some lolita larper shit.
>>
File: Fashionnova-800x1200.jpg (70 KB, 800x1200)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>10687450
How is medium anachan?
>>
>>10687476
Based on her hips I feel like she's at least a large in pants sizes unless we're talking vanity sized stretch denim jeans.
>>
>>10687477
I was looking more at her torso but her legs and hips are pretty curvy. I'm a medium and I'm overweight.
>>
>>10687441
>We all drew prints, diy'ed or designed pieces we want to have/make.
I'm sorry but I'm just not creative like that and have minimal knowledge on dress design. Props to all the lolitas who are but this is a weird misconception that I see a LOT.
>>
Something actually made for tall women that doesn't look like shit. Old school sweet and gothic with piles of cotton lace
>>
corpo-lolita

sleek a-line silhouettes, with nice fabrics (wool, tweed, cotton) in grey, black, and white. yohji yamamoto designing lolita, basically. premium prices for quality garments that will actually last. refined enough to be appropriate for an office, but just enough edge not to be boring. more focus on berets and other hats instead of typical katyusha/canotier. high quality leather footwear, like cute chelsea boots. lots of layering pieces, like an oversized black haori(?) styled cardigan. it would be like /fa/ meeting /cgl/. i wish
>>
>>10687515
I'd buy the hell out if this
>>
>>10687515
I'd buy something like this if it was still very obviously lolita and occasionally came in pastels like picrel.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (29 KB, 800x800)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Suit-lolita. Something like this but the top half is like a blazer and made to fit a petticoat. Worn with a tie. Prints will be of cityscapes, skyscrapers and nightlife.
>>
File: miho matsuda.jpg (175 KB, 640x853)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>10687522
Blazer-style jackets already exist in lolita, newfag. You don't have to use a shitty aliexpress coat as an example.

>>10687515
I love when tweed is used in lolita, I'd definitely go for this
>>
>>10687531
Oh thanks, any with prints on them?
>>
>>10687543
check lolibrary
>>
>>10687558
Okay I just spent about 2 hours looking and found nothing.
>>
File: Inspojpg.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>10687466
>>10687473
OP here, I just wanted a fun thread, lmao. A lot of meets and events I'd go to I'd describe how I want to learn to sew to make my own jsks and other people would often add on with what kind of prints they have already designed and everything but left on hold because custom fabric is expensive af

idk yet but something with "urban" or "city" in it because thats my theme.
Probably just "Clout"
sweet and gothic
taobaoo overdesign
cotton to be comfy and poly elements and industrial looking metal buttons. Custom lace that either says "hood rich", "c'est la vie" or "gang gang"
probably brown and grey, earthy backgrounds
OPs, JSKs and SKs with urban life depicted on them but make it glamour.

Main themes for what I'd have
>raccoon/opossum in a Romeo/Juliette thing but like watercolor or something classy like that
>trashcans with cats rifling thru them on the bottom of the pattern, the cats have their own hobo graffiti on the walls for themselves in the background.
>pigeons with gang tattoos and chains on them spread around to look like they're sizing you up. On a jsk, the bodice would feature them huddled together
>another opossum print, but more of making the opossum look like a highway-man in the woods that's about to rob a rich persian cat on a horse
>Do you have any of this drafted even? no, I am bad at art, I would be commissioning painters to make each a painting and then making said paintings into prints, it would be luxury and price wise over 300 a pop.
>But would it be profitable?
Fuck no, I'm making this as a corporation (so it won't affect my credit) and going bankrupt, but fuck if I won't be the most iconic ita-tastic brand in existence.
>>
>>10687671
>trashcans with cats rifling thru them on the bottom of the pattern, the cats have their own hobo graffiti on the walls for themselves in the background.
Would wear this
>>
File: 1622965366233.jpg (101 KB, 600x450)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I think it would be cute to have a brand that straddled the line between country lolita and natural/mori/dolly kei. Think IW's motifs, old school BTSSB's cotton lace, plus tons of pin-tucks, ruffles, tea length and slightly deconstructed pieces.

country girls make do
sweet and classic inspired by natural kei
innocent world, pink house, and maybe baby
linen, cotton, natural fabrics only
ivory, earth tones, and pink mainly, in the spring we'd have lots of reds for our cherry and strawberry prints
everything, but we'd be famous for our aprons and elaborate straw hats

>>10687671
I think this is a really cute idea for a thread. Thanks OP! also
>watercolor Romeo and Juliette raccoons/opossums
c-cute
>>
>>10687884
So this is what a hover lolita looks like when she sits and deflates
>>
Does anyone have the OP pic saved? I want it without the text on it.
>>
>>10688537
yeah senpai ask and ye shall receive
>>10687471
Oh I love more versatile styles, I feel like now people are starting to recognize how important arch support is and comfortable footwear so if there were some transient pieces it could really help.
>>10687515
>>10687522
suit-lita and corpo-lita is literally what I want in life lol. I actually considering commissioning a taobao brand or something to make me a lolita powersuit so I can wear it to job interviews but still be in lolita like >>10687521 said, identifiably lolita but presentable/professional enough to be seen in, so maybe less bows. I feel like lace jabots might work well in pastels. I never saw any patterned lolita suits, probably because lolita suits that aren't school uniform inspired are incredibly rare as is.
>>10687884
I really like your concept! And thanks! I feel like a lot of people are getting tired of plastics which is why a lot of natural fabrics are getting in vogue, your idea would probably even work with some normies that want more designer looking pieces that can longer too. You could make home decor/organization that's on brand too
>>
>>10688626
b r o and b r u h is not the same as senpai what the fuck
>>
>>10687441
If I could made my own Brand I wouldn't be wasting it on Lolita tho, a pretty small niche with annoying costumers? no thanks, I didn't graduated as a Fashion Designer for that
>>
>>10688638
okay, what would you use your fancy piece of paper on?
>>
>>10688626
Thanks for the pic, kind anon
>>
>>10688867
Working at an insurance company call center is my bet. Too good to design for lolita? Kek you’re probably flat out unemployed.
>>
>>10688638
I think most of us would be making things we would want to wear ourselves so fuck whoever else.
>>
>>10689386
anon has no idea what she's talking about
>>
Sport and swimsuit lolita.
>>
>>10687441
academia lolita would be cool
>>
Barairo Daydream or Barairo Rosarie.

70% classic, 10% gothic with classic cuts, 10% mature sweet and 10% larme/casual. Eventual Wa lolita and Yukata releases as well.

I guess the main japanese competitors would be MM, Innocent World... a lot of those classic brands kinda died though rip I'd have a lot of chinese competitors, I believe

High quality cotton, velvet, corduroy, stuff like that. I love baroque/roccoco dresses, so my main inspiration would be those.

A lot of reds like burgundy, wine, chinese red, etc. Greys, especially warm greys. Mauve, navy, off white, dark greens like turquoise and emerald, browns, gold. I would do some lighter colors as well, but I feel like the market is already oversaturated with pastels, so I'd try to avoid that.
I would like to do a lot of printless dresses, but I love prints as well! My dream is to design some prints based in classic literature. With Dark/Light Academia on the rise I feel like this could work quite well.

Mainly dresses, followed by skirts and then blouses.

>>10687471
I truly love this name idea!
>>
>>10692038
how would you even execute something like this, im genuinely curious
>>
>>10695238
Something like the swimsuits of old times.
>>
File: 1910-1.jpg (52 KB, 640x337)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>10695239
>>
File: images (3).jpg (45 KB, 600x800)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10695240
Or if that's too much something like this
>>
>>10695240
>>10695241
I feel like an in-between would be cool. This feels like it'd be really cool if it was frilly but also modern. Maybe a high coverage jabot looking top of the bodysuit and shoulders. I always get my top to flip up a bit or get sunburn on my back/shoulders when I go swimming
>>
>>10688638
Ok pixielocks
>>
File: img_3848.jpg (46 KB, 400x600)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>10695377
Yea, I'm no designer but there's something there for cute frilly swimsuits and active wear.
>>
>>10695385
Like imagine being able to do sports or some active outdoor activity where you can jump around in your dress and don't have to worry about ruining.
>>
>>10695386
i constantly wish there was cute baby pink activewear. it's always goddamn neon.
>>
>>10695388
Fucking this. I hate this color so much.
>>
File: Dusty_Rose.jpg (811 KB, 3300x3300)
811 KB
811 KB JPG
>>10695396
i've seen this nasty dusty rose pink everywhere too. it just looks so dirty and dingy to me. i mean really who prefers this over baby pink? at least the neon can be excused with "well it's for visibility safety reasons"
>>
This thread is so creepy......Just make a brand jfc.
>>
>>10695403
I have mixed feelings about dusty pink but I agree most times it is ugly on it's own.
>>
>>10687441
Only the finest meme prints rendered in silk-cotton blend

Hello, screaming cat print. I center it on the bodice like j et j did to Jesus. We then sew on miles of the finest raschel that Chinese looms can copy from meta.

I hold a tea party where we vomit dyes onto bolts of rayon and turn it into asymmetrical, heavily gathered and ruffled, jsks. We wear jsk with no blouse and crocs complement any of our main pieces

~fashun~
>>
>>10696089
Ita/10 would wear proudly.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.