[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tullyankha.gif (418 KB, 600x337)
418 KB
418 KB GIF
I hope this OP image makes up for the lack of our adopted mascot Tully in recent threads.

Previous thread: >>10651383
>Still TomoTired
>DCC, MIA and FACTS expectations
>Maid Cafe talk: Cool ideas, things you want to see and what not
>In-depth look what goes into starting a convention. Spoiler: it's a lot.
>Cowgirls
>What does your ideal convention look like?
>Why outside food is more rare than toilet paper at conventions

Every event still left uncancelled for 2021:
>Heroes MIA NL (October 16 & 17, Gorinchem): Heroes third(?) attempt at their first Dutch anime convention.
>Heroes DCC (November 20 & 21, Utrecht): It's Dutch Comic Con, you know the drill. Tickets are sold out.
>Animecon Christmas (December 11 & 12, Rijswijk): A Christmass themed Animecon edition. Tickets are on sale now.
>Midwinterfair (December 11 & 12, Alphen a/d Rijn): A fantasy fair in Archeon.
Did I miss any event? Feel free to post them.

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Godziban, the Godzilla puppet show, is now getting weekly subbed releases on the official Godzilla YT channel. Check it out, it's a blast!
>Site nobody uses and I keep forgetting to cancel the domain for: https://dutchgulls.nl
>Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
>>10682082
Abunai also opened their ticket sales.
Now that abunai is in februari instead of august, that means viencon will have no competition that weekend. I am considering also buying a ticket for that one once it becomes available, but the cabins are pretty expensive for a friendless NEET like me.
Anyone who has been to viencon wanting to share some stories?
>>
TomoFair Amsterdam
13 & 14 November 2021
>>
File: ZttYfZE.jpg (45 KB, 640x475)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10681947
>Facts my friend, they are there.
You need more of this.
>>
>>10682229
Really? Are you this low? Do you really want to go there?
>>
>>10682229
Please stop referencing drama from older threads. The last few threads. I don't want to see another thread hit bump limit with almost nothing but drama.
>>
File: Featured-1.png (209 KB, 479x270)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
Do NOT reply to him.
Do NOT bait him.
It's clearly just one person.
He has no real arguments.
Please make it stop.

In more on topic terms, what are you guys' hopes for Animecon? I'm looking forward to seeing what activities they'll have now that we're back in "almost normal" world again. I also hope we'll see some cool new flavor of the month cosplays. Kinda sad we missed the whole ENA phase during the lockdown.
>>
So. MIA basically gonna be tomo. Anyone here planning on checking this dumpsterfire out?
>>
>>10682373
Maybe, it's next weekend, pretty close by for me, so I am tempted to go and have a look for myself.
>>
>>10682375
With that next I mean the weekend after this weekend.
>>
>>10682373
I see a lot of Tomo over there. Gamerooms, karaoke, ddr? Is this a collaboration between Tomo and MIA!?
>>
File: Aniworld4u.png (156 KB, 550x240)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>10682373
The infamous pokemon bootleg plushie seller is also there.
Looks like the event will be one big hall with the main event being the dealerroom. But if the dealerroom will be a minefield of bootlegs then the event doesn't sound very promising.
https://www.made-in-asia.nl/nl/het-event/partners/
>>
>>10682748
>The infamous pokemon bootleg plushie seller is also there.
And that famous sword seller.
>>
>>10682450
No, its the same as DCC. Is that Tomo on all those things? so Tomo and others might be hired for just those activities, they get paid for it partially. MIA and DCC is all easyfairs who just hires alot of groups for stuff. Tomo does not run MIA.
>>
>>10682748
It's the same for MIA in Brussels so no surprises there
>>
>>10682242
>In more on topic terms, what are you guys' hopes for Animecon?
The return of the huge ass game room, hopefully again with arcade cabinets. For the dealer room I'm mostly interested in international dealers, they tend to have more rare/cool stuff and Dutch dealers you can easily buy from every day anyway. Events-wise I'm hoping for some interesting lectures. Aside from that the whiskey tasting is always a highlight, taiyaki shall be eaten and I'm looking forward to bumping into gulls and my old con acquaintances again.

>I also hope we'll see some cool new flavor of the month cosplays
Cosplay variety is going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if at the first few conventions it will be a mix of cool things made and gone unworn during these past 2 years mixed in with whatever shows were popular. Also, Squid Game goons.
>>
>>10683107
If you want arcade cabs just visit the national video game museum in Zoetermeer
>>
>>10683483
>If you want arcade cabs just visit the national video game museum in Zoetermeer
U mad?
>>
>>10683483
I've only been to bonami. How does the other one in Zoetermeer compare? There are also a few places that call themselves arcades but are basically gambling palors for children.
Those classic arcade cabinets really makes the gameroom feel complete. Especially the fist of the north star one. Everyone always seem to be having fun with that one. Hope those will return next animecon.
>>
>>10683483
It's been in my list since forever, but from what I've gathered it's a nice location with a wide selection of games and extremely passionate volunteers. Having proper cabinets definitely enhances the game room experience, hence why I would love to see their return. IIRC they also provided the cabinets at the previous edition.
>>
>>10683489
Are you ?
>>
>>10683499
In my personal experience, the one in Zoetermeer is great, but I’ve never been to the other one. A lot of variety, really old stuff that gives some serious flashbacks, things that are literally older than I am, brand new stuff from Japan, everything you could possibly think off. They also have some old consoles set up in vintage looking living rooms. It is definitely worth checking out imo
>>
>>10683489
Uhm.. no... The owner of the national video game museum in Zoetermeer is the guy who supplies the arcades to animecon. So if you go to animecon just for the arcades, it's a bad deal since a-con costs €45,- ~ €70,- for a day (depends when you buy your ticket) and you're only getting a small subset of what the video game museum has to offer for just €15,- a day!
>>
The Christmas Special is 42 Euro's for both days. 25 for saturday from 10.00 till closing at 24.00 or later if covid permits or 22 for just the sunday from 10.00 until 20.00.

Also you pay a tenner per person for 2 hours at the national videogame museum, not the whole day as you said.

So are you still mad and salty!
>>
>>10684606
Why would anyone go to animecon just for the arcades? If someone says they want to play the arcades at animecon that doesn't mean that's the only reason they go there, just that it's the highlight of the entire con for them.
Might as well skip the entire gameroom because you can emulate most of the games at home, or skip the amv compo because they are uploaded on youtube later anyway, skip the dealer room because you can get a better deal if you order it online or why bother karaoke when you can sing at home and rob your neighours of sleep.
Some things are just nice to have at a con and add to the entire experience. Or maybe some people enjoy those things more at a convention when they're with friends.

Back on topic: one thing I think is underrated at the con is the manga library. I know they also have a location in Utrecht somewhere, but at the con it's great to have a little quiet place where I can sit and relax and maybe read something when I want to escape from the hustle and bustle at that moment.
>>
>>10684704
https://www.nationaalvideogamemuseum.nl/tarieven

Ah they increased it to 25 euros. (Used to be 15)
Still worth it tho.
>>
>>10684831
Do they have a list of all the games there?
>>
>>10684834
Not really, but they have a YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/c/NationaalVideogameMuseum
I know in the back they have a Japanese corner with:
- maimai
- groove coaster
- beatmania IIDX
- chunithm
- sound voltex
- pop'n music
- wacca
- reflec beat
- gundam extreme vs
- initial D zero

Amongst others...
>>
>>10682373
I was unsure but have decided to pass on MIA. It's a real pain in the ass for me to get there and I doubt it would be worth the 3 hour trip and €25. Didn't really spot that many interesting dealers on the list either.
>>
So how was MIA? From what I saw online it was okay with plenty of growing potential. Any personal experiences here?
>>
>>10688401
>So how was MIA? From what I saw online it was okay with plenty of growing potential. Any personal experiences here?
Public transport is an issue, it is fine when you have a car or can get a lift from someone with a car, if you have rely on public transport not so much.
>>
>>10688401
To me it looked as if the personnel was like "I don't get paid enough for this so I'm not going to put any effort in it"

Result, beautiful, professional looking stage, but the light show of an opera during deshima's J-core performance.
Or the food trucks being between the chairs where people are eating, which creates queueing lines in awkward places.
Oh and that karaoke with people's backs facing the public was just terrible.

They hired professionals, it looked professional, but I left with the feeling that they could've made better use of what they have. All the ingredients for an awesome event were there, but the end result was a bit lackluster.

Think of it like a really expensive luxury wagyu A5 steak, which looked fantastic on it's plate, but when you take a bite you discover it's undercooked.
>>
>>10688420
I like the comparison with an undercooked piece of Wagyu. You can send it back and it can get fixed. A lot of lessons were learned at this event, and I think they will improve a lot of them next time.

To me, it's very clear the organizers are people who do events for a living instead of people who had a meet-up once that grew too big (looking at any other convention in the Netherlands). They just lacked a bit of knowledge of our scene.
>>
>>10688401
Public transport was the main problem that MIA didn't sold that many tickets. From one of the staff, heard they sold just under 6000 tickets over 2 days (from what I heard 2500 people on Saturday and 2000 people on Sunday), which is really not great to be honest.

The main stage was, well, not really that impressive. The audio configuration was so bad, that if you heard the after bass from a little further away, it just hurt your head, it was a dirty bass.. The treble and mid range was also, not good, and since Deshima Sounds would play there, this was extra noticeable for me and other people.

Did see here and there cosplays, the place looked professional put up, all places had been fenced in such a way that they were kind of islands, which made it feel like a DCC or Tweakers convention.

The people asking autographs, I literally only noticed one, and that was just because I heard the name before. Basically most of them were Twitch influencers..

It looked okay, but, and it's really awkward, Tomo had a much better setup for the main stage, and the audio was there much, much better. I'm not a fan of Tomo, but this is one of the things Tomo does very, very well.
>>
>>10688401
Oh right, I forgot to mention, there were a ton of vendors, which was nice, and diverse enough to be interesting, but sadly most of it was either very expensive or not worth the money. Did visit a few workshops when you went up the escalator. Overall it was a nice convention, but you notice they need to work a lot on improving it, but I guess it could be expected, as MIA was taken over from Belgium I think (?), and just after Covid.
>>
Don't know if anyone noticed it, but the air in MIA's congress center was incredibly dry. Got a sore throat because of it...
>>
>>10688467
Yah it was. Had to drink a lot of water to keep my throat hydrated.
>>
>>10688516
>Yah it was. Had to drink a lot of water to keep my throat hydrated.
Rule one, stay hydrated whatever the atmospheric conditions are inside or outside a venue!
>>
>>10689307
Yeah, but this was rediculous. I was constantly switching between drinks and Vicks blue, still got a sore throat even though I drank almost 6 liters.
At home I put my air humidifier to 60% for 3 days. Didn't need to drink and my sore throat magically disappeared in 3 days.

Keeping humidity in check matters!
>>
anyone going to brussels comic con this weekend?
>>
File: 20211004_204434.jpg (95 KB, 1217x913)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Happy Halloween weebs! Hope you bought candy or Tully is going to have TP to your home! Here's to hoping this will be the scariest thing we'll see and not some new covid event ban plans.
>>
File: file.png (807 KB, 627x3270)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
I hope none of you went to Japan Fair Festival or any other related Japanese food festival.
>>
Welp tomofair on Sunday got cancelled because of covid.

Saturday was pretty fun tho
>>
DCC has been cancelled and will now be held in the weekend of March 26-27 2022.
>>
Well, so far for conventions this year. Time to hibernate until February...
>>
And there goes Animecon, also canceled.
>>
>>10698808
Very sad but understandable. Things aren't looking so good right now with infection rates rising again.
>>
>>10688401
I've been there 2 years ago, Is somewhat alright [spoiler]despite how my own family ruined the mood for me and my gf[/spoiler].
Most of the stuff is expensive but very varied, you can have some stands selling video game merch, jewelry, some fake guns (or replicas), metal swords of all sorts.
Also the place is stupidly big but you can basically sit anywhere as long as you don't obstruct the trafic. Didn't stay for concerts and such since i'm not really a giant fan of anime or k-pop.
On an unrelated note, i also recently went to ciney expo during halloween for military stuff, could cosplay as a member of U.N.I.T. from the old doctor who series if i could get the rest of the equipment.
>>
Is there ANYTHING to attend?
>>
>>10699738
Only TomoFair if they don't cancel.
>>
>>10700299
If rules stay like this they have to continue due to contractual obligations, but I think we're heading towards a massive lockdown in the next 3 weeks, so chances that it will be cancelled are pretty high...
>>
>>10700299
Which tomofair edition? Where will it be held?
>>
>>10700678
Rotterda... I mean ... Capelle aan den IJssel. The worst one with the highest customer satisfaction for some bizarre reason.
>>
And there goes Tomo
>>
>>10701435
Zero surprises there.
>>
>>10701435
Why do they choose to refund and why DCC doesn't?
>>
>>10701981
Cause weirdly enough, tomo takes responsibility for their customers.
>>
>>10698808
and nothing of value was lost

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.