[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 202109143014_225130.png (2 MB, 1178x1475)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
Let's put aside all political biases. Whether you care for them or not, masks are ruining all the pictures of cosplay over the past few months . Over 80% of pics is people wearing masks. im human, i want to see people's lower part of their faces. I cant help that people look more human with their faces exposed.
>>
File: dqz5e1mubsf51.jpg (91 KB, 960x960)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>10672364
Don't forget to wear a mask! Cosplay isn't as important as stopping the spread.
>>
>>10672364

Damn, Masks out here making trannies look even more obvious.
>>
Those cosplays are pretty shitty to begin with. Get masks that actually match.
>>
>>10672368
>stop the spread
>flatten the curve in 2 weeks
>no lockdowns
>okay only 1 lockdown
>okay multiple lockdowns
>done by Christmas
>No mandatory vaccines
>No vaccine passports
>vaccines aren't effective as we hoped
>still have to wear a mask, get locked down and quarantine with everyone else even if you have had the vaccine
>new variant
>booster shots every year
>every six months
>every three months
>twice daily covid pills

Honestly, I was all for the initial push out of health concern but governments are just taking us for a joyride at this point. Seeing how far they can push people to do and believe in more and more ridiculous things as a test trial.

I fully believe it's megacorps wanting to kill off small independent retailers who can't take the continual lockdowns and loss of business.
>>
File: images (25).jpg (41 KB, 619x495)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10672364
>Over 80% of pics is people wearing masks. im human, i want to see people's lower part of their faces
The only mistake of these people is not going for a full mask and half assing it instead, masked characters are hot af.
>>
File: images (26).jpg (17 KB, 500x334)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
This is now a masked character cosplay thread.
>>
File: images (28).jpg (42 KB, 554x554)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
File: images (27).jpg (44 KB, 452x678)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
>>10672371
>ok covid suppository
would be a good timeline
>>
File: images (30).jpg (36 KB, 452x678)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
File: images (31).jpg (25 KB, 460x369)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>
File: images (29).jpg (16 KB, 415x739)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>
File: 8.jpg (126 KB, 720x854)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>
>10672371
>done by Christmas
>No mandatory vaccines
>No vaccine passports
>vaccines aren't effective as we hoped
>booster shots every year
>every six months
>every three months
>twice daily covid pills
no one health experts have said any of this
>who can't take the continual lockdowns and loss of business.
What continuous lockdowns?
Are you ok?
>>
>>10672371
>>10672400
>>
Thing is a lot of these masked cosplays wouldn't be allowed in some cons. ReedPOP for example has flat out said "no costume masks".
I'm "pro-mask", "pro-vax", etc., but face masks do look horrible. No one is going to want to look back at these photos or repost them in a year (or two, or ten, or however much longer there will be mask mandates at cons).
Speaking of things that look horrible, FIND A FUCKING PLACE TO TUCK AWAY YOUR BADGE. Generally no one is going to need to see your badge unless you're entering the venue or a few places inside like the entrance to the dealer's room, panel rooms, etc.
>>
>>
Everybody ganger until they want you to wear a fucking face mask underneath your helmeted / mask costume. Retards.
>>
>>10672364
I'm not going to any con with a mask mandate.
My next cosplay involves fake teeth and face paint.
My entire family got COVID despite wearing those stupid masks, including my high risk parents (my mother is literally a stage 4 cancer patient) and none of us needed any medical treatment apart from bedrest and the occasional OTC medication to manage symptoms. And we're all fully vaxxed now.
Literally every single deadly disease that has wiped out legions of humans is still out there except for smallpox. The flu kills people every year and no one wears masks to prevent the spread of that. They just get their flu shot.
I don't care if other people wear masks that's their perogative but let me reap the benefits of getting the vaccine please.
>>
>>10672400
Health experts surely have said this in my country and as if I believe them at this point given how many times they have continously stated something as fact and then recanted.

>Continuous lockdowns
I said continual. Continual lockdowns are repeated lockdowns which can range from a few days to a few months, killing basically any small retailer that relies on foot traffic and doesn't have the cash or other business interests to survive through a protracted period of zero revenue.
>>
File: aaaaaaa.png (297 KB, 739x639)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
I don't want to go to a con where I have to wear a mask, either. What a waste of money

>>10672400
Y'all really just living in denial. Post courtesy of official Pfizer News Twitter
>What continuous lockdowns?
See: australia
>>
>>
I don't mind, maybe because the cosplay is what motivates me to take photos, not the person under it?
>>
>>10672364
Political biases aside masks mess up the accuracy and immersion of a cosplay.
>>
>>10672472
that's like saying someone's glasses ruin the accuracy and whatever. they can take it off for photos. get over it. it's everyone's choice not to say they are asthmatic and don't want to mask.
>>
>>10672368
This is such a cute cosplay
>>
>>10672373
Masked cosplay is obvious, but not everyone wants to do it.
>>
>>10672472
Correct. Masks are also dehumanizing.

>>10672474
> they can take it off for photos

Actually, con staff is very anal about anyone removing masks even for pics. They harass anyone who even takes it off or wears it wrong. Honestly, I'm more tired of mask nazis than anything.
>>
>>10672364
>Caring about hallway pictures

It's isn't 2010 any more. If you want photos that are actually worth posting, set some time aside durring the con and do a legitimate photo shoot. You don't need to book a photographer, your friend with your phone is fine, but do an actual photoshoot. They will look infinity better than whatever hallway shots you happen to dig up on Facebook or Instagram.
>>
>>10672511
>hating on hallway photos

Most people still are your average con goer who likes asking for people with cool cosplayers. No one gives a fuck about your

>muh professional model photography
>>
>>10672505
It's called adapting to the situation. I didn't originally plan on making a clone trooper but here I am making clone trooper armor. It's either that or be stubborn and pout.
>>
>>10672519
>It's called adapting to the situation
Cons were made for congers, not for con staff to use as their personal place of politics.
>>
>>10672407
Went to a reedpop con over the weekend. The no costume mask policy was 100% not enforced lol. Not by convention center security, not by con staff, not by anyone. There were dozens of people walking around with full face costume masks on, including people in the official costume contest lol, and nobody got told they couldn't do it. I'm pretty sure reedpop just put that on their site to appease the doomers.

Anyway, I agree the surgical/cloth mask shit isn't good for pics, or for cosplay in general. Too bad retards throw a fit when they scroll through insta and see unmasked people in a picture, saying "SEE, SEE I TOLD YOU NOBODY WAS MASKED HERE," ignoring the fact that 99% of the time people just took the mask off for the pic then put it right back on.

It's going to be funny seeing how hotel cons handle masks going forward. No hotels here have mask policies anymore, but cons are still pushing it. Since the lobby, hallways, etc. are typically public areas not officially part of the convention, the con won't have any power to enforce masks in those areas. I can already see that causing seethe amongst doomer con staffers.
>>
>>10672512
>You don't need to book a photographer, your friend with your phone is fine,

I love reading the whole post.
Most people have a phone with cameras that make pictures that are good enough to post on any social media platform. There is literally no reason to not set some time aside to do a little Photoshoot if you actually care about your pictures. Plus you know it's a fun thing to do with your friends.
>>
>>10672524
I went to only one con so far in the south that was okay with no masks, but the rest so far have been completely annoying about them. Aka, as you call them doomer con staffers. And they are all fat and unhealthy looking too. The last people I expect trying to tell others how to be healthy. Your mask going over your neckbeard doesn't make you any healthier as you drink that can of coke on your desk.
>>
>>10672525
You are missing the point. Most pics across social media are from people taking pics as they stop by people. The only people doing photoshoots are narcissist fucks who are insecure irl.
>>
>>10672521
You outnumbered constant 200 to 1. The person making you wear your mask isn't the staffer it's your fellow con goers. Masks are socially enforced. That's they only way to get a mass number of people to wear them. If you go to colossal most people aren't going to wear mask there bc they don't care. That said if go to Ota those attendees care and you'll feel the social pressure to do as others do. Blaming outnumbered staff is just cucked
>>
>>10672528
>The person making you wear your mask isn't the staffer it's your fellow con goers.
This isn't really true. I've so far run into enough con goers who don't like the masks. The staffers are very pro masks, right down to the wojak stereotype.
>>
>>10672528
Lmao. Every con that has allowed people to go maskless has been almost entirely maskless (Metrocon, Colossalcon). The sort of people going to cons during this time don't care about covid, and they're only going to wear a mask when the staffers force it.
>>
>>10672527
Bzzzz wrongo

It's 202. A majority of cosplay posts are purposeful photoshoots or selfies. Stop living in the past. Fourms are dead and gone.
>>
>>10672534
This isn't wrong. Majority of pics are casual. Stop projecting your world of professional photography on others. No one cares about it. Guys will fap to a girl whether it is using a phone or a $2K camera.
>>
>>10672536
*this is wrong
>>
>>10672529
>>10672532
I'll agree most the people going to cons now do hate masks and don't really care about covid, that's why they are at the con in the first place, but they do care what their peers think of them. I've never met a staffer that has given a shit about their job past 2pm on a Saturday.
>>
>>10672538
>but they do care what their peers think of them.
There's a breaking point atm, and Ive seen people arguing with their friends cause of it. It's unfortunately becoming a big divide and I hate that its happening over something like masks. However, I wont blame people for being against them. It's the enforcers in the end that I have no respect for since they are the ones pushing it all.
>>
>>10672397
This is cool as fuck
>>
>>10672536
I'm going keep typing you can use your phone until you get it. Not once did I say hire a photographer. I specifically said you can skip that. All I'm saying is take time to take some pictures of yourself instead or relying on strangers.

Also most those casual photos are you know... selfies. Taken with people's own phones...
>>
>>10672542
>All I'm saying is take time to take some pictures of yourself instead or relying on strangers.
You're talking about something completely different from what I was saying earlier. We're not talking about looking for pics of ourselves. Just that all the pictures across social media, especially the casual ones, are being ruined by people wearing masks. That's what OP is trying to get across.
>>
>>10672539
I see both sides. Masks only reliably work if a mass number of people wear them so it's not really a individual basis thing. At the same time, I get why people want to give up. If you followed the rules, stayed inside, disrupted plans, got vaxed, ect ect and you see we're still getting no structural support I can get the impulse to give up.

Realistically we're looking at two more years of this before it just burns through the whole population bc govts/corps only want to do shitty quarter measures. At this point covid is unavoidable and how to deal with it is culturally charged and it's just something you're going to have to navigate.

I'm a guy cosplayer I have no problem doing armors with helmets. I already wear a mask under my helmets so my skin doesn't peak through so it's whatever. That said I get my girl cosplay friends not wanting give up on their makeup or other elements of their cosplays. It's tough but I ultimately think it's all socially enforced and that might make people reconsider their relationships. I think we are mid rive on this issue.
>>
>>10672548
I'm a guy too but it's women especially are annoyed by it for the reasons you said. The face is the most attractive part of the body next to the other aspects, and women hate that. There's a reason the cosmetic industry is mostly women. And I feel that is going to be the cultural push soon as far as stopping all masks.
>>
>>10672543
I think you're fixating on casual floor shots and con gatherings in which my answer is still, who cares? Those pictures are bearly worth posting. Why put emotional energy into them?
>>
>>10672554
>who cares
a lot of people
>>
>>10672548
>>10672552
Woman here, but I thought it was the opposite when it came to women waring masks. Weaking a mask means you don't have to wear as much makeup and cuts down time on getting ready to go out. Plus they have been making cute as fuck masks with lace, designs and jewels hanging on them. I don't wear makeup myself unless I'm in cosplay or lolita but now I just do my eyes and get to wear a matching mask with my coord.
>>
>>10672556
Shy girls or girls like you are likely to like masks. But the most of the women cosplayers Ive been around, and thats a lot, hate them. They are annoying on the face and they want to wear more makeup. A lot of cosplay is at least 50% the face, and to them it ruins their attractiveness. It makes sense since women spend the majority of their time in the mirror.
>>
>>10672548
Masks don’t work, and COVID is literally just the flu. Both reasons arnt enough to muzzle the fuck up 24/7 or instate a mandatory vaccine card to do literally anything.
>>
>>10672552
You could be right. I can certainly see it. The problem is a lot of people are stilling being touched by the illness. We are losing a 9/11 worth of people everyday. So until the situation stabilizes I think you're also going see people want something done. It's pickle bc govt/corps don't want to go all in but people also don't want continue if don't see some kind of mass collective action. If you feel like your shouldering it alone you feel like an asshole. It's hard to say how things are going to break
>>
>>10672565
>We are losing a 9/11 worth of people everyday
No we are not. I have seen zero proof of this. If this was true, my entire neighborhood of old people would have been gone last year. They are still here.
>>
>>10672555
I'll just have to take your word on that.
>>
>>10672559
If covid is just the flu that implies masks help or are a good courtesy. Because masks are what people in Asian countries wear to reduce spread of the flu and common colds. Masks worn properly create a physical barrier that helps reduce transmission of all sorts of germs and particles. Not just covid. I personally like them so I don't have to smell other people and wore them pre pandemic. I'm Asian tho and we have more of a culture of doing so when sick as a favor to others or just not wanting to expose ourselves to stuff like others' germs and allergens or poor air and all. That being said if you don't wanna wear one just go to the cons that don't require one and support them. If the con is being run to force masks on people and you hate it so much you don't wanna give them your money and you'll probably hate other things about the con and the programming. If mask wearing is just SJW horseshit to you anyway a lot of what the con brings in in the way of guests, other rules, and panels or artists probably will be too.
>>
>>10672565
>9/11 worth of people.

Post nose.

>>10672566
I was promised a boomer remover and all I got was some twitter tranny’s totalitarian wet dream.
>>
>>10672569
>If covid is just the flu that implies masks help or are a good courtesy
masks are just courtesy at best. they never were proven to be the defacto way to stop them. Besides, there's far bigger causes of death like heart disease and cancer. Both that eclipse covid forever.
>>
File: unique-face-masks-4.jpg (142 KB, 1500x785)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>10672558
Not shy, just lazy and enjoying the masks the same way I would enjoy any other accessory. Whenever I see pro-mask related media on youtube, instagram, tiktok and such it's almost always women promoting it.
>>
>>10672574
>and such it's almost always women promoting it.
A vocal minority of women.
>>
>>10672569
>That being said if you don't wanna wear one just go to the cons that don't require one and support them. If the con is being run to force masks on people and you hate it so much you don't wanna give them your money and you'll probably hate other things about the con and the programming. If mask wearing is just SJW horseshit to you anyway a lot of what the con brings in in the way of guests, other rules, and panels or artists probably will be too.

What do you think I’m doing bro, I get to save money by not going to a convention every 3 months and instead go to two twice a year. Everyone else loses their shit while me and the bros who didn’t cuck to mask or vaccine policies just plan out which cons we’re going to that don’t have a mask policy. But my point remains, it’s kind of tiring seeing that shit shoved down your throat. I don’t think I’m a bad or selfish guy because I choose to be skeptical over taking the jab. I’m tired because I’m degrading myself for something that obviously doesn’t exist.
>>
>>10672559
Covid is literally a version of SARS not the flu but I'm not going to change your mind. >>10672572
There is no one single prevention method. The best we could ever do is swiss cheese protection. Everything has holes but the hope is if do enough things those holes won't line up. So wearing a mask and distancing and being vaxed, ect will always be better than just doing one of things. >>10672571
I could link you an article where they talk about how some hospitals are staring to ration care but it's not worth the effort since youre just going to call it an op. Enjoy your one piece of attention.
>>
>>10672575
A majority of eyes see it
>>
File: chart.png (24 KB, 667x471)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>10672575
Statistics seem to say otherwise
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210406/covid-mask-survey
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/health/coronavirus-face-masks-surveys.html
>>
>>10672580
>Oh I totally want to disprove you but you’re a schizo

Fuck off back to twitter faggot.
>>
>>10672582
>webmd and nytimes
>localized stats

lol
>>
>>10672579
I disagree with the covid being fake but it's good of you to put your money where your mouth is and just support places doing what you want rather than trying to force a con to remove rules or anything or go and break the rules and cause trouble when other options exist. I (and I'm sure other people) appreciate that even if we disagree on certain points.

>>10672572
I think we should be doing more about those problems too; many people treat obesity and other healthcare issues as too much of a personal thing when in burgerland at least we could do far more to reign those things in through incentives and infrastructure and healthcare improvements to get people moving more and more educated on health. I like masks and I like people being able to go to the doctor so the doctor can help them be healthier cause overall we're in this stuff together.

Also I don't personally find masks degrading. It's just some fabric and just as much as wearing one at this point in the pandemic is not as big a deal as some people make it, the political or other significance of it is also not a big deal and it's not some commie face muzzle. They've been used in medical settings and other in other countries besides burgertown forever. But if you do find them that emotionally upsetting that's your own business and thoughts and you're entitled to that.
>>
>>10672586
>I appreciate that even if we disagree.

It's literally only under the muzzle we disagree on, I'm pretty sure if something actually important were to be brought up, we can actually make progress on a topic.
>>
>>10672585
>Not checking the sources
https://psyarxiv.com/tg7vz?mod=article_inline
>The rationale for this analysis comes from theo bservation that previous work has found that men intend to engage in preventive behaviors less than women do (Jordan et al. 2020; Zettler et al. 2020).Moreover, women have been reported to be more likely to wear a face covering than men both during the SARS and the H1N1 pandemics (Condon & Sinha, 2010; Lau et al. 2010; Sim, Moey, & Tan, 2014; Tang & Wong, 2004).
>Trend was the same in past pandemics
>>
>>10672368
Actually thinking of pulling my Sailor Mars cosplay out of storage specifically for this reason. lol
>>
>>10672590
you didnt even check those sources that used localized stats
>>
>>10672595
I literally clicked the source provided in the articles and gave you the link. You can search just about any data or survey relating to who wears masks more and you will always find women do. It's been a well known fact that women are more likely to participate in preventative care which is partially why women tend to live longer besides obvious biological reasons. Now you're just whining because you were wrong.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7561164/
>>
>>10672600
You didnt check the sources they sourced. Literally used localized stats.
>>
>>10672600
You aren't going budge or own them. Don't bother.
>>
>>10672605
Yes, I'm done at this point since clear facts and various sources easy to pull from will go through one ear and out the other since it doesn't fit his view of the 10 women the spoke to.
>>
>>10672608
>>10672605
So how's your head game?
>>
>>10672610
Bad. Jaw hurts too much and I have a poor gag reflex.
>>
>>10672608
>facts
facts can be lies. Stop trusting everything on the internet.
>>
>>10672610
stop simping. she's likely a fat insecure lolita
>>
>>10672615
>scientific data and behavioral patterns from generations of study
vs
>Dude trust me, I spoke to a TON of girls
>>
>>10672618
>>scientific data and behavioral patterns from generations of study
a days worth of stats in a local area is not generations of study
>>
>>10672616
Shut up Anon, if I can walk out of this situation with a pregnant hime wife and claim responsibility, simping is the last of my worries.
>>
>>10672621
Fine fine. I can acknowledge the hustle
>>
>>10672619
Now you're just being stupid or playing dumb. I would like to see the "true" facts that say otherwise. Please show me the information and study that says men wear masks more than women across the board.
>>
>>10672586
>but it's good of you to put your money where your mouth is and just support places doing what you want rather than trying to force a con to remove rules or anything or go and break the rules and cause trouble when other options exist. I (and I'm sure other people) appreciate that even if we disagree on certain points.

Mask optional conventions are few and far in between because of twitter and facebook being too influencial to anime conventions. Anime cons like arts and culture are a political monoculture. If they dare push back, they will be "canceled" by the 12 psychos.

>Also I don't personally find masks degrading. It's just some fabric and just as much as wearing one at this point in the pandemic is not as big a deal as some people make it.

Tell that to those who have autism or asthma, or those who medically can't wear one.See how far that will go.
>>
File: 1597982248687.jpg (11 KB, 300x314)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>10672632

>'cancelled by 12 psychos'

or dick rode by multiple instagram cosplayers who had no intention of actually going to the convention and just wanted free clout. Not to mention the underage weeaboos who think their opinions matter because they have 500+ followers for the wrong reasons.

>tell that to those who have autism or asthma

My boss left my job because he was a 300 lb man who couldn't wear a mask. Fucked with his breathing. I don't mind masks filtering fatties.
>>
>>10672632
>Tfw have asthma and have been in the hospital a good chunk of my life for it
>Can wear a mask just fine and have been wearing them before the pandemic because it helps with high pollen seasons
>>
>>10672364
If people can pull off "Genderbent _____", they can learn to pull off "Masked _____".
Fuck you and fuck this thread. Political disinformation propaganda shitheads everywhere I fucking swear
>>
>>10672637
How's your relationship with your father anon?
>>
>>10672636
You're one of the few exceptions. Most people with autism and asthma can't.

>>10672528
>Masks are socially enforced.

You are willfully ignoring that mask mandates existed as imposed by county and state governments for the first year of the great lockdown and then intermittently during the summer. DC removed their mask mandate only for the vaccinated and then a week before the convention, they reimposed regardless of status.
>>
>>10672507
>dehumanizing
okay schizo
>>
>>10672641
I can understand autism, but why asthma? Where does it say wearing masks for people with asthma is harmful?
>>
File: 1600064867675.jpg (373 KB, 2104x2208)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>10672650
>In cosplays specifically it's because we actually do care what our peers in the community think.

You don't give a shit about what other people think if you're treating a hobby like a hobby and not a job.
>>
>>10672657
My absolute favorite thing in this community is cosplayers who insist they don't care as they participate in cope hobby like cosplay that is is all about peacocking their work and looks.lol

You wear your shit in public bc you want to be seen. Any amount of effort betrays your words.
>>
>>10672667
You sound like you give good head.
>>
>>10672635
Ive noticed the underage people are far more vocal against the masks as they want to enjoy the con for what it is.
>>
>>10672643
ironic
>>
>>10672632
>Mask optional conventions are few and far in between because of twitter and facebook being too influencial to anime conventions

If the other anon can do it everyone else can. You're not entitled to a con with rules that you like. Nut up and just spend all your cash at the cons you want instead of whining. Talk with your money and actions.

>Tell that to those who have autism or asthma, or those who medically can't wear one. See how far that will go.

Masks are objectively not political/were not considered political pre-pandemic. I was saying that wearing and not wearing it are both equally not a big deal and that I *personally* don't find them degrading to wear. My bf has asthma and masks help him a lot with dust and allergens in certain environments, and he has less of an issue wearing masks than me even in summer. If someone with autism or PTSD and all has issues covering their face with a mask yeah they may personally dislike it and it might be better for them not to wear it to not cause themselves extreme distress. I don't know how making the best choice for yourself one way or another is somehow dehumanizing to you.

We're on 4chan where people toss 'autist' around as an insult. I won't claim to know how you feel about autistic people, but c'mon, don't use other people who aren't you with a disorder/medical condition as a reason for why YOU do or don't like something. Just express your own distaste for it. If you don't like masks or you personally feel dehumanized, I'm guessing it's less the mask and more you don't want to feel forced to do something, which is fair. Just say that and don't wear the mask and don't support cons who have rules you're not cool with. At least anon who I initially replied to had the balls to act on his beliefs instead of always reacting to others'.
>>
>>10672641
>Most people with autism and asthma can't.
This is highly context dependent anon. Most people with asthma actually find masks can help reduce exposure to things that would trigger an attack like allergens, secondhand smoke, too dry air, etc.

Autism is a spectrum and everyone has different needs and tolerances. Some autistics or people with severe adhd need headphones or earmuffs or other things to isolate themselves because the stimulation of the world around them is too much. That doesn't mean we all do.
>>
>>10672674
>. Most people with asthma actually find masks can help reduce exposure
I really hate the internet because fools like you can just say shit unfiltered. But since I support free speech, I wont stop you either. But you are wrong considering I know enough asthma people that hate them. And Im pretty sure since Im likely more social than you considering my profession that youre an armchair larper
>>
>>10672676
Where does it say wearing masks for people with asthma is harmful?
>>
>>10672679
Does asthma anon give good head?
>>
>>10672682
No, he can't breathe.
>>
>>10672676
>But you are wrong considering I know enough asthma people that hate them
>Im pretty sure since Im likely more social than you
Okay I'll say many, not most then, since I also know enough people with asthma who don't mind or like them, fair? How social you are has nothing to do directly with how many people with asthma you know but also I'm someone who gets along well in normie and niche social circles online and irl and have also met a large enough number of people with asthma who have no issues.

As far as autism I'm on the spectrum and my point about masks being variable for people's personal preference both still stands and was the whole point. Don't pretend people with a condition are a monolith, they're all different and have their own preferences. I don't mind masks depending on the material for example, but I can't stand satin/sateen/silk or "shiny" fabrics on sleepwear or bedsheets because it makes my skin feel sweaty. It just all depends.

Even people without respiratory conditions wear mask to avoid pollen and hay fever or other things that are uncomfortable, and in Korea where yellow dust is a problem at times, they make masks with high filter counts for everyone even with normal breathing because people like them to reduce irritation and discomfort. Some people like masks. Some people don't. That's all.
>>
>>10672684
Maybe some Feyntanyl will fix that.
>>
>>10672686
Masks are larps.
>>
>>10672676
I literally have asthma and I'm here to say you have no idea what you're talking about. Masks don't stop people with asthma from breathing, other things like air pollutants and certain triggers will cause asthmatic responses.
>>
>>10672691
Okay larper
>>
>>10672692
Still waiting on that evidence to show wearing masks does harm to people with asthma. Otherwise you're just a stubborn child who's name calling because he has nothing else to say.
>>
>>10672695
>>10672691
You sound like you suck a mean golf ball.
>>
>>10672697
I rest my case.
>>
>>10672700
Open up that mouth for daddy anon, I’ll give you a real reason to not breathe
>>
love how when someone with asthma hops into the convo or people say stuff they cant react to with a wojack the anon using them as pawns in an argument resorts to just saying dumb shit
>>
>>10672717
It’s because the entire discussion is based off of “TRUST ME BRO” over half of us seeing what is actually going on. You know, the people who actually go outside. I know school is out but come on dude.
>>
>>10672719
>I know school is out but come on dude
anon its september
>>
>>10672364

I'll gladly wear a mask if the alternative is getting extremely sick/getting someone else extremely sit and maybe one or both of us dying.

Science > aesthetics, anon. It has nothing to do with politics.
>>
>>10672746
>Science > aesthetics
Aesthetics is science dumbass
>>
File: av5vn.jpg (35 KB, 540x540)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>10672364
these ppl looks like this to me. allways
>>
File: E29dyLQWQAMIKil-1024x1024.jpg (192 KB, 1024x1024)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>10672371
do people think how much money they make just for lying to us?
>>
>>10672717
Right? Asthma anon here, I could literally post a pic of my inhaler and they'd probably just accuse me of finding a random picture on the internet.
>>
>>10672752
Post it and a time stamp then retard.
>>
>>10672748
Sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>10672748
Looks cool
>>
>>10672717
giggle I gave myself a nasty lung infection last year because I was using cloth facemasks and somehow the moisture they trap + my asthma just hated me specifically.
I still wear a surgical mask and its mostly ok if i change it out often and don't do any heavy activity with it on.
>>
Christ dude, only in America do you find the widespread sentiment that wearing masks is government control and peoples are nazis for wanting others to be connsiderate. It'd be one thing if you were only risking yourself but you're risking everyone around you. You get shots for hepatitis, tetanus, and the flu. They aren't putting microchips in you. Calm down.
>>
>>10672749
You needed to be vaccinated as a kid to go to school, yknow. Also how do you think a camera woul identify your face if you're wearing a mask?
>>
>>10672925
There are plenty of face detection softwares that exist that can detect faces through masks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55573802
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/face-mask-recognition-has-arrived-for-coronavirus-better-or-worse-cvd
https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2020/12/face-recognition-software-shows-improvement-recognizing-masked-faces
>>
>>10672371
What lol? My state has mom and pop shop laws and we’ve been out of lockdown for about 3 months now.

We have no mask mandate for anyone who’s fully vaccinated as well, I’m not sure what sadistic state you live in but it’s nothing like that everywhere.

The only small retailer out here I know closed because of covid was a tobacco shop.
>>
>>10672569
I wouldn't mind masks if it was only people who were actually sick wearing them. The enforcement that everybody has to wear them is fucking irritating.
>>
>>10672958
People who are not sick wear them for a variety of reasons all the time. If you find the masks irritating that's understandable. Just do what other anon does and save your cash to have a fun time at maskless cons
>>
>>10672956
Cool. Great for your state. I'm sure the rest of the literal world can rely on your singular American state.

t. not an american
>>
>>10672959
I don't mind if people want to wear them as a choice but I do not like the state enforcement.
>>
Got a notification from colossalcon easy. “…may wear masks at their own discretion” hopefully this keeps the soys and faggots away.
>>
Those upset by mask mandates, what are you doing about it? Are you actively protesting or just complaining online?
>>
>>10672959
Good luck actually finding one because a lot of cons have embraced the coronachan threater.
>>
>>10672925
I never got vaccinated
>>
>>10672507
>Masks are also dehumanizing
Go outside snowflake
>>
>>10672983
I honestly dont know how you got snowflake out of someone saying that masks make you not look human. Might want to put your reactive buzzwords back in their case
>>
>>10672985
You're not the main character in an anime. No one gives a fuck about your face. You aren't so special that the world needs to be graced by the presence of your facial features. Grow up
>>
>>10672990
Facial features are the #1 psychological communication between human beings, and it goes moreso for kids and babies who have to make connections with human beings for emotional and familial reasons. I know youre a psychopath who enjoys looking over people with your superiority complex, but most people are not. The irony is that all you pro science people tend to ignore the other science in the world, like the one involving human faces as the expressive component of humanity. Humans trust people with their face hidden less.
>>
>>10672983
>>10672990
>M-Masks aren’t dehumanizing
>proceeds to belittle said human into thinking that masks are okay.

Irony
>>
>>10672955
Read your own source.
>The machine learning algorithm doesn’t identify the faces in any way that can link a face to a specific person, because it doesn’t use a training set.

It identifies whether someone is wearing a mask or not, not your identity. Nice try though- this was an interesting read.
>>
>another /pol/ tourist thread
just say you're mad and get it over with
i personally hate masks as well but ranting on an anonymous basket weaving forum is absolutely pointless
>>
>>10672970
Sucks for you
>>
>>10672969
The reason these faggots get so rabid over the very idea of masks is that they are a visual reminder of how cucked they are everyday. They are a reminder of how little control they have over their lives. They go to work and have no say over what they do wear or say for 8 hours or more. Then they go home and they have to live under mom and dad's thumb. Kicking and screaming about masks is their only expression of frustration at the fact life owns them everyday. So not wearing one and being a cunt about it sense of themselves that they have.
>>
Any decent Immortan Joe cosplays?
>>
File: 7a1.png (205 KB, 640x730)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>The reason these faggots get so rabid over the very idea of masks is that they are a visual reminder of how cucked they are everyday. They are a reminder of how little control they have over their lives. They go to work and have no say over what they do wear or say for 8 hours or more. Then they go home and they have to live under mom and dad's thumb. Kicking and screaming about masks is their only expression of frustration at the fact life owns them everyday. So not wearing one and being a cunt about it sense of themselves that they have.
>>
>>10672368
Hey that's amusing. I've costumed Mars a couple times and went out and found a mask from That episode with Mars wearing that
>>
File: E8NYAjTX0AY3I_i.jpg (269 KB, 1080x1920)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
I don't terribly mind but I can't imagine wanting to get a photo with a con guest while you're wearing a mask and split by a plastic screen.
>>10672370
A little bit goes a LONG way in making a mask look good or match the cosplay.
>>
>>10673384
Fuck, I want that mask.
>>
not technically cosplay but this photo from disneyland has to be one of the most disappointing pictures ive ever seen. imagine paying so much money to give your kids a magical trip but this is what you get
>>
>>10673374
So are you mad because I have a job, or mad because I don’t agree with wearing a muzzle?
>>
I really don't see much point in doing cons while mandatory masks are a thing. I can respect armor cosplauers & the like who do what they can to make it work, but most other cosplays just look like crap with a mask
>>
>>10673442
They don’t say this but you kind of have to wear a balaclava when it comes to armor. Mainly because it hides an exposed neck and because human sweat on contact cement is like battery acid to armor. That’s logical and you would think that would be a decent bypass for cons but as an earlier post mentioned ;

“No mask cosplays in general, but wear a face mask.” That also includes helmets and armor. Retards are cheering that logic but folks like myself are like “there’s better places to be wasting our time at instead.” If those are going to be the breaks.
>>
>>10673397
it's a fucking piece of cloth man, it is NOT that fucking deep, why do you guys make everything SO fucking gay?
>>
>>10672364
Embrace the mask, cosplay Toas
>>
>>10673448
Rules like that are absolutely retarded and just a way for people with no value to live out their authoritarian fantasies. I imagine a balacava or any other similar covering is just as effective as a normal cloth face mask which most everyone at the con is wearing, juat because it's harder to micromanage as you can't see their face doesn't mean you should ban it
>>
>>10674187
>Micromanagement.

Yeah that’s kind of why I hate the concept of muzzles, especially if the venue or state says otherwise anyway. It’s literally just a retard filter.
>>
File: Et-z8btVIAMGtOS.jpg (48 KB, 749x588)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10674201
wow, don't take a single day off do you
>>
>>10672371
Agreed
>>
>>10672364
The masks didn't ruin these op they were already shit to begin with
>>
>>10673868
>Embrace suicide and death
Fixed.
>>
>>10674224
Life of a salary man my boy, life of a salary man. I only take a PTO to act like a retard because work takes up all of my brain cells.
>>
I went to one con since Covid started & it was garbage with the masks & other Covid requirements. I'm not even against masks in general, but I feel like them & other restrictions make the event so shitty that they might as well just cancel it altogether if they don't think it is safe.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.