[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1608504091945.jpg (277 KB, 750x660)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
previous >>10647427

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Original Music Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIaHUpXQKPM
didnt like it at all, felt like a boring mess
>>
>>10672287
Pretty much 90% of what idol music is
>>
>>10672284
new au idol debut ep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93e5ZVj4X0&ab_channel=Ripple
>>
Apologize.
>>
>>10672332
the vocals are kinda weak and also badly mixed making the songs sound like an infamous English trans-lyric song cover.

>>10672334
Literally who even are you
>>
>>10672334
Holly when did anyone make fun of you for that?
>>
>>10672307
>>10672287

If you aren’t a fan of idol music why go out of your way to join a discussion about it?

The song is pretty solid idol music and fits well into its genre.
>>
>>10672413
>criticizing the community means anon isn't a fan
good to know i need to think something is perfect in order to like it.
>>
noticed lots of discussion about the Australian idols. Who should I look up??
>>
>>10672334
Imagine getting a whole phd yet still being dumb enough to care about net idol drama
>>
>>10672486
what year of school is she in? "doing her phd" could simply mean she's taking her required courses for going into post grad, not that she's in post grad.
>>
>>10672334
>not knowing who holly is
>>
I've enjoyed the amount of promotion for Resoluscia's cold case. it's made me really excited to see the MV. I wish more groups would put this much effort into branding, but after the Kickstarter i can tell it comes at a huge price
>>
>>10672491
Not defending but people only say getting/doing PhD when they’re actually ya know, in school for their PhD. Based on her Instagram though it seems like she’s actually getting her PhD.
>>
>>10672334
>>10672491
>>10672713
Pardon my ignorance, but literally what does being in school for a doctoral phd have anything to do with this thread again? It isn't going to magically make her content any less terrible. Can we move on lol
>>
>>10672787
If you can read it was mentioned by an idol anyway new subject.
>>
>>10672480
This thread was better when it was just the Australian Idols abusing each other.
>>
i dont watch big brother but i got slightly interested in it because our girl is on. she was doing pretty good apparently but now im finding out the only reason she lost was because she's white. there's a black alliance on the show and they voted out all non blacks on purpose. alot of people feel bad for her because despite her doing so well she was in an unwinnable racist situation.
>>
>>10672341
Oh please, I guarantee Holly is probably better known than you. She’s been around for ages.
>>
>>10672907
Is this something said or purely speculation? I didn’t bother to watch but as a black person that’s really dumb because now they have to fight against themselves and why. Just so BB can finally have a black winner?
>>
>>10672915
Then I guess that's a testament to how much of an impact she's made if I've never heard of her after all this time LOL
>>
>>10672986
Or you’re just new
>>
>>10672992
Ok sweetie
>>
>>10673002
yes im new, yes no one's heard of me, none of this information helps me know who tf holly is. can someone link some content or do we just wanna keep jerking off about how she's really well known?
>>
>>10673013
aussies all just think they are special
>>
>>10672907
>>10672952
This is the first season of BB I've watched. I haven't caught up to her elimination yet, but I'm close.

That's pretty much what it is. Their alliance is called the "Cookout", and they wanted a black POC to be the winner. Where I'm at, some of them are pretty torn up about eliminating their non cookout members since they're closer to them than some of the alliance members.
>>
>>10673002
?

>>10673016
Holly is extremely American while actually being British.

>>10673013
Holly heart is just a really failed net idol and overseas idol. She was part of Flusay Girls and Crystal Rose but I don’t know if either are active anymore. She’s been dancing for quite some time but never actually improves.

>>10673025
Damn. There’s about to be infighting.
>>
prismic members have all been hinting about a new member. wonder who it is

on that note, a lot of groups have announced holmat. who's confirmed and who are we still waiting on?
>>
>>10673130
I know of Quartesque, Ayumi, and I think Prismic. Otherwise haven’t seen any other announcements.
>>
>>10673130
I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being Calina!
>>
What's going on with the Julily/Ryo drama?
>>
Anyone know anything about northwest idol fest? Looks like a scam con
>>
>>10672480

ive been enjoying covers from the citrus plus girls, since I followed Ria from AGS ive enjoyed their stuff.

i'd like to find new people for my radar
>>
>>10673194
Julily has been sharing a lot of links and stuff on her social media to add more stuff to her story. I'd never heard of this Ryo before so I'm glad to have the heads up about him!
>>
>>10672907
It’s a show where you play to win.
Alliances happen all the time.

Why is everyone so mad a bunch of black folks played the game the way it’s always played and was successful this time?
Sensing some jealousy out of the BB world.
>>
Monii was the only one who didn't write a birthday message to Mimi on the reso post??? Has she left the group???
>>
>>10673494
monii has no references to reso anywhere in her instagram, if she hasn't officially left it definitely feels like she's clocked out
>>
>>10673542
I don't think she ever did though. Correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>10673547
you could be right, i only noticed recently and thought it was really odd. thought she would have it on her linktree, connected to YouTube, something.
>>
>>10673225
Ria seems like the only one that can sing from that group
>>
>>10673494
>>10673542
Monii has never had reference to Reso in her stuff. She keeps her pages and links really clear. She’s technically on “indefinite hiatus.” She was somewhat involved in Meotashi’s album but who know when that was organized. Said once and will say it again I don’t think Monii was meant to be permanent in Reso in the first place.
>>
when is reso getting more members, arent they supposed to have 9 by now
>>
>>10673754
It's not as easy as you think finding compatible people to work with.
>>
>>10673823
Especially in Florida, where there’s already a bunch of established groups that have talented people committed to them. Not everyone’s great at balancing multiple groups.
>>
>>10673754
I really hope this doesn't happen. In fact I didn't want them to get more than 3 members, cause the larger a group is, the harder it is to manage even if everyone's on the same page and working hard. I don't want Resoluscia to devolve into an unorganized mess like Stellure did, with half assed content and a revolving door of members being added and replacing each other.
>>
>>10673823
Meotashi mentioned wanting seven iirc. It looks like they're probably stopping at five (Four if you don't count Monii/Yooya)

>>10673916
They seem incredibly picky about scouting so you may get your wish, anon. A few threads ago someone said nobody who applied was getting in. They really should continue with the 5 that they have now.
>>
is reso looking for members outside of the community?
>>
>>10674080
well charlie was in project shooting stars but it doesn't seem like he ever did original idol content, so it seems if you're talented/passionate enough they're open
>>
>>10674258
Finally a win for the community
>>
>>10674258
big w
>>
>>10674258
Anyone read poppy’s post?
>>
>>10674308
That's definitely what I got out of it. But to build off that Im glad she's choosing to stay out of this community and hopefully kazu follows suit. I don't feel like either of them fit into this type of performance style anyway desu. Hope they can find other things to satisfy their performance needs.
>>
>>10674258
Good riddance.
>>
>>10674379
Nobody said she was an abuser so i dont know why shes crying about it. Poppy did however enable abuse given kazu is her best friend and always took her side and swept others' feelings under the rug as a group leader. She's complicit in kazu's toxicity.
>>
>>10674390
Agreeing with you there. I love Poppy, and she’s really coming into her own as a burlesque performer. But with so much evidence against Kazu, I want to know what’s kept her from seeing what seems to be the truth. I just want a j Aubrey style video about what’s happened with Washu and Kazu. The history, accusations, victims, etc. Some form of fucking explanation for everything that’s going on, and something that nobody can get taken down. There’s so much floating around, and I want to know what’s at the bottom of it all.
>>
>>10674632
If Kazu wasn't the bad person she has been made out to be, she had so much time to tell her side of the story. Instead, she was silent and sadly in this day and age, silence online is just as bad as being guilty.
>>
>>10674632
When you put it that way it makes me think that Kuri is behind all this, where were the other victims she was talking about? I don’t think there are any
>>
I haven't been active in the community in a long while, but I've been missing it, so do any of you know about online groups that are scouting currently? Or where a good place to look is?
>>
>>10674868
If you search #idolscouting on IG it looks like quite a few groups in different areas are scouting!
>>
>>10674858
I'm assuming you're one of them then right? If they aren't being public? Idk, I'm still not buying Kuri's innocence. She made a livestream and didn't make a whole lot of sense, basically talked in circles. Poppy and Tambo posted about bullying, it makes me think that Kuri is the one sending people shit. I feel like she's not 100% innocent here.
>>
>>10674928
>>10674928
The Kazu/Poppy issue existed before Kuri's livestream. There has been discussion in past threads about things they have done. People were excited when someone finally spoke up. Them claiming bullying is their attempt at shifting blame because people are demanding accountability. They want an apology and she blocked everyone she owed one. In the livestream, Kuri told her story about her experience in Idols a la Carte and specifically Kazu and Washu from the time she joined the group to the impact on her mental health as a result. How do you consider that talking in circles? If anything the situations she describes again and again exposes a pattern of awful behavior. Kazu is that you? I would avoid trying to reverse the story and point the finger at the victim. Kazu has a history of spreading gossip about people, especially those she did wrong. More people have spoken up on the lolcow thread because posts have been getting deleted here.
>>
Anyone seen the au group dreamy pop
Theyre hosting a competition to make new costumes designs for them. Bit greedy
https://twitter.com/dreamypopau/status/1439947447778770945?s=21
>>
>>10674940
>hi kuri
I’m not kazu, kind of annoying that you think anyone who is suspicious of all this is suddenly the enemy. Did you watch the same livestream? Kuri took hours to describe what would have taken anyone else 30 minutes. The majority of the shit she said was repetitive and honestly not even that bad. I think if she just talked to her group members none of this would have happened. Also, where are all the other people who have supposedly been hurt? I’ve seen zero posts from others who have been hurt by Kazu and Washu. Forgive me for being skeptical but as someone who is piecing this together from the outside, I just feel like there’s more to it than this
>>
This kuri vs kazu idea is so tired. Shes one person who spoke out, the others dont want to for the same reason nobody signs these posts with their own names, so it's understandable people can think it's a one-person agenda. It isnt about the number of victims or even proving there are other victims though. Victims are accessory to the point that Kazu is a person who refuses to ever acknowledge they mess up or take responsibility for their mistakes. She's bound to have hurt or left a bad taste in the mouth of anybody who comes across her. Tambourine disbanded because they're running from accountability, not because kuri or anybody else bullied or pressured them into it. Kazu has a garbage personality, she's proven that multiple times on her own already without anybody needing to testify. All anybody asked was for a public apology (that wasn't full of shit) and a commitment to change. Their disbandment was a surprise, but it also wasn't suprising that they chose to go down with their pride while riding a victim complex, rather than owning up to things so that everybody on both sides could move on past this bs and learn to be better from it.
>>
Plot twist what if they disbanded cause they’re sick of Kazu? Unlikely but would be funny.

>>10674955
Greedy? No. Scummy? Yes. I don’t like the idea of creating a whole costume design and only getting $15 store credit for it. The only thing in their ko-fi shop is $15 charms.
>>
>>10675045
>>10674955
the way the members dealt with people’s criticism of it are ridiculous from what i’ve seen on twitter. need to get off their high horse
>>
>>10675822
apparently they were lookin for ppl to be designers its interesting that they did a competition rather than pay for a design
>>
>>10675912
>$15 credit to their store
>only items in the store costs $15

Lmao pay a designer. This is so scummy of them
>>
How does Koda ask for money, yet whales in Genshin?
>>
Koda has medical bills to pay… can’t believe you are trying to fight the disabled
>>
>>10676162
What's your beef with Koda lol
>>
>>10676162
Shut up Kazu
>>
>>10674955
>>10675045
>>10675912
>>10676054
I'm in the minority here, but I am not seeing the problem. Groups have done this before. You don't need to pay people to do idol designs, most people find costume design fun and volunteer to do it for free. Everybody wants to design the costumes and write the lyrics, nobody wants to make the music. There's an overabundance of people who want to costume design. The prize sucks though. It's not even worth offering a prize.
>>
>>10675822
I agree with this. Child af. Need to learn to ignore and not engage.
>>
meotashi's solo album is live on Spotify and apple music
>>
just posted on reso’s insta. i’m not super surprised but i wonder what happened.
>>
>>10676716 mb didn’t post the other half
>>
>>10676716
Not surprised about yooya but I am kinda surprised that charlie would have left so early.
>>
>>10676781
Are you sure he didn't just get kicked out?
>>
>>10676871
Idk i would find it hard to believe anyone would get kicked so soon into joining a group. Especially considering it was someone pengy had worked with in the past and she probably vouched for. But that's just my speculation.
>>
>>10676717
i have theories but i feel like they mustve just realized he's not a good fit during cold case
>>
>>10676716
>>10676717
Yooya always felt temporary but I feel like Reso works best as the three.
>>
>>10675822
If you ain't willing to respond to backlash publicly on your group account don't do it on your public personal accounts either. We can still see that shit. Incredibly unprofessional and Such a bad look.
>>
>>10676919
sucks cuz i really liked yooya
>>
>>10676963
Same. Yooya easily had the strongest vocals :((( their loss desu
>>
>>10676917
Yeah, this is the most likely thing. Makes me wish that more overseas groups had trainees, because that seems like a good way to get to know someone and their style before announcing them as a seemingly permanent member. No hard feelings towards Charlie or Reso, they made a decision and it’s theirs to make.
>>
>>10677067
I personally would find it hard to bring someone on under trainee status while also still trying to stay on track with project plans. You'd have to dedicate separate amount of time to doing things with the trainee that may never be seen when it's already challenging to get content out regularly. It seems easier to just bring them on for the ride and just hope for the best so you don't have to slow down.
>>
>>10676716
>>10676717
>reso is 3 permanently now
dropped
>>
>>10677076
bitches wanted them to stay at three members, other bitches are dropping them for now permanentely staying at three, no one can ever be happy
>>
File: a2718063514_16.jpg (72 KB, 700x700)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
ShootingStar Idols released their album on spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/0qNFj6JPlEk6yfletOioVb?si=Wc2PO7NaSYWReP3Vd181YQ&dl_branch=1
>>
>>10677112
Tbh, three is too few and nine is too many. 5-6 is ideal.
>>
making decent music is harder than i imagined
>>
>>10677112
Gotta do watcha gotta do to keep it going. It's either that or crash and burn like stellure did.
>>
>>10676781
yooya/monii commented under her graduation post and it seems like they're still on really good terms, plus she'll still be getting hired. im glad she's not completely leaving the team
>>
This community (especially the boards) has gotten so boring and people only talk about the same two or three groups ever when there's tons of idol releases happening frequently. I guess because they aren't up to a high standard or worth mentioning? It's dull. The same story of promising looking groups and then they end up falling.
>>
Surprised nobody posted this. Non-sweet is releasing their 3rd single on October 8th. Really excited because they’re one of the better groups.
>>
>>10677401
Just post them. The worst is they get ignored
>>
>>10677401
if you feel like a group or content isn't getting talked about, why don't you post it? i follow the florida groups because im in the area, so if they post content i post it here. do the same for groups you want to see talked about instead of aimlessly complaining
>>
I'm getting McDonald's does anyone want anything
>>
>>10677458
yeah fries please
>>
>>10677458
Cheeseburger happy meal. Thx babe
>>
>>10677458
a McFlurry please, the m&ms one.
>>
>>10677403
Woah thank you for introducing me to this group. I just listened to Timeslip and I'm amazed by the quality?? The highnotes are really pitchy but the song as a whole is so professional sounding, I'm shocked.
Who is their producer, SHUN? I can't find anything except the retired Vocaloid producer.
>>
>>10677729
timeslip is so cute! i love the choreo for it, im really glad they released it early bc it definitely convinced me to sub
>>
>>10677729
No problem. SHUN is a producer from Japan who created a group called Seishun Gakuen. Three of the members of Nonsweet were part of the Canadian sister group (Seishun Youth Academy). SHUN produces Nonsweets songs which is a great move.
>>
>>10676608
>Starfall
The Japanese feels very out of place. It doesn’t feel natural and neither does the overall feel of the lyrics. The backing track is okay but the mixing feels badly done all over.
>Chance!
The mixing and flow here feels a lot better but there’s still a few issues I can pick out. Japanese is also better but I am disappointed the structure and genre is so similar to Starfall. Placing them one after the other wasn’t a good idea.
>Highlight
Somewhere someone mentioned Highlight sounded like a kpop song. It reminds me of izone who also has a song called highlight. This one is my favorite song and would be good as a group song. Liked the French.
>Trick/Treat
Second favorite song. I feel this fits her voice the best though. I also feel like this one has the best mixing and instrumental/composition.
>Chasing Stars Interlude
It’s so cute and upbeat it reminds me of DDLC. It feels considerably out of place though. I could’ve gone without it honestly.

7/10
>>
>>10677749
chasing stars interlude is her streaming song
>>
>>10677403
Really looking forward to this, they’re really good. It seems breaking from the traditional idol niche is exactly what’s needed nowadays.

>>10677458
Strawberry watermelon slushie and a 6pc nugget please, thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUP7BBGgeRu/?utm_medium=copy_link
Kuro is in the process of making her comeback. Looks like she wants to do it the right way and get a real producer’s help this time. It has done real potential. I hope she gets the help, I really want to see what a producer could do for her.
>>
>>10677877
I’m so happy for Kuro. She’s got so much spirit and her voice isn’t bad at all, with the right help I can see her achieving her full potential!
>>
>>10673578
DESU yes, but the others are working on it. Ria is the only one that has a lot of idol experience. The others were mainly cosplay, dance, and gaming focused before they did a pivot with Citrus Plus.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.