[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

What dream meets do you wish your comm held?

Mine would be a cocktail hour followed by a private screening of Kamikaze Girls.
>>
A weekend long meet held in a castle. Tours of gardens, museums, farm and shopping.
>>
I’d honestly just love a sleepover in a big house where we all wear our cutest roomwear, make cocktails, and craft and talk together late into the night.
>>
>>10673790
That sounds fun, I should look into some lolita roomwear.
>>
Everyone get first class tickets whenever the titanic 2 gets going and has had a couple of non cursed voyages. Just change into a new coord each meal and have a bougie ass time
>>
>>10673815
Alternatively, getting tickets on a high end train like the Royal Scotsman or Orient Express and having nice dinners while occasionally exploring the different stops along the way.
>>
I honestly would say one where everyone is well dressed and well behaved enough to go to a really nice high-end hotel tea, and maybe some shopping after.

In every comm I've been a part of it seems like asking too much for one or the other.

>>10673817
I think I'd love a luxury train, boats make me nervous about seasickness.
>>
>>10673817
Add in a murder mystery event and I'm in.
>>
>>10673815
I know Alaskan cruises are full of old people and good food, instead of the usual young coomers in swimsuits subsisting on shit-tier buffets. Plus the colder weather would be more suitable for lolita.

Viking Oceans cruises seems amazing and Silversea Cruises have a personal butler service.

God I wish my comm wasn't mostly poorfags and busyfags.
>>
>>10673790
This. Exactly what came to mind when I saw this thread.
>>
>>10673821
Yeah but Titanic is Aesthetic™. Imagine having afternoon tea on the promenade and then dinner in the first class dining saloon. Even the state rooms would be aesthetic.
This is the dream meet up thread and god damnit, I dream big.
>>
>>10673829
Same anons, same. I think a fun slumber party would be really nice. Everyone's used to wearing lolita to fancy places or for food, tea, picnics, etc. But a more chill experience just hanging out with everyone who's into jfashion enough to have really cute room wear and slippers would be pretty comfy.
>>
There’s this really cute city with beautiful gardens, amazing old buildings and museums that are both great for pictures and fairly entertaining. Also, I know a hotel’s restaurant there which serves a delicious afternoon tea in a beautiful saloon and we could have a nice dinner with good wine in one of the many good restaurants in there to end the day. I’m sure it would be lovely to spend an evening there, but it seems as if no one in my comm has the money to.
>>
>>10673858
I do, anon. Please invite me. Are you in Europe or the US or elsewhere?
>>
>>10673858
What city?
>>
I miss bar meets. for a few years we would have them often and i got to try so many new and interesting places around the city.

bars are open again but they seem to have fallen out of favor with my comm. I guess I’m feeling nostalgic.
>>
>>10673871
Covid-paranoid fags ruin everything. My comm inexplicably allows non-vaxxed people to attend meets with just any old non-N95 mask, but doesn't allow vaxxed people to eat indoors. As if the mask will protect you more than a vaccine. Makes literally no sense.
>>
>>10673874
I had to read this post three times to understand it. That's retarded.
>>
What room wear would you have worn?
>>
File: room-wear.png (979 KB, 557x800)
979 KB
979 KB PNG
>>
File: 11111111111-750x1000.jpg (117 KB, 750x1000)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>10673960
>>
File: 11111111-750x1000.jpg (101 KB, 750x1000)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>10673993
>>
Week long retreat where each day has a new theme, including holiday ones.
>>
>>10673960
this one would be pretty good for it
>>
>>
File: npjudmcv.jpg (73 KB, 466x700)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
>>10673833
If the ship goes down, we'll all be buried at sea in our dresses.
>>
>>10674129
Change into a sailor coord so you can come back as creepy drowned sailor ghost.
>>
>>10674135
Titanic haunted by lolitas sounds cute.
>>
>>10674129
Oh god, ever since I watched that video with the South Korean kids on that ferry, I've opted to stay away from cruises.

Though even on trains, it must be so hard maneuvering with a petti in those tiny little cabins.
>>
>>10674173
South Korean kids? What happened?
>>
>>10674233
Google the MV Sewol.

There aren't many activities to do on cruises anyway in lolita, unfortunately. The titanic would be a different story.
>>
>>10674250
Fucking hell.
>>
>>10674250
Yes, this story and the ones about women often going missing on cruises or people dying and the companies covering it up not because they killed them but because they want cruises to seem more safe. It makes me never want to go on a cruise.
>>
>>10674486
You can't see like that, I'm going on a cruise next year for the first time!
>>
File: bojnice-castle-1603142898.jpg (634 KB, 2121x1413)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
Put us in a damn castle with full butler and maid service.
>>
>>10674486
A cruise ship isn't Disneyworld, they can't just cover up people going missing by saying they left and went elsewhere.
>>
>>10674555
You would be surprised (also one of those cruises was a Disney cruise actually). Not a coverup by saying the person didn't die, often claiming they fell overboard and were drunk or other things to lessen any real investigation on the ship so they can just get back to business.
>>
>>10674555
You have no idea what country is even going to investigate it or if they have a competent police force to do so. Not to mention that they’ll never find the body if it’s lost at sea, and can just mark it as a suicide.
>>
>>10674533
Is renting a castle a thing? I wouldn’t know cause I have none here
>>
>>10674560
>>10674562
Ah, that makes more sense. "It's not our fault" is a far cry from "she was never here at all" or worse.
>>
>>10674563
Yes, you can rent some castles.
>>
>>10674564
You should look up cruise scandals.
>>
>>10674572
What’s like the cheapest one?
>>
>>10674614
https://www.insider.com/castles-you-could-rent-for-less-than-50-a-night-2019-12
>>
File: leeds-kent-662136.jpg (76 KB, 590x350)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
I've looked up glamping sites for me and my first and came across this circus tent themed one in the UK. Honestly any cute themed glamping experience would be so fun. Make it a night of movie and snacks, games, and hired entertainment with a nice long table feast with lots of themed cocktails. It could be circus themed, forest with woodland critters or mushrooms and flowers, victorian garden, like anything really.
>>
>>10674619
I meant me and my friends autocorrect :/
>>
>>10674619
All I can think about are the bugs. It's a cute theme though!
>>
>>10674610
Where's a good place to read up on that?
>>
>>10674619
Ew, it looks like tacky garbage, anon.

Also, if you're going to be wearing lolita, just opt to rent a cabin. Then you don't have to leave the tent every time you need to shower or use the bathroom. Glamping is still camping and still not the easiest in lolita, even with a nice big bed.
>>
>>10674619
This sounds fun, I'd join in
>>10674677
It'll be fine, just wear your country lolita and have blankets laying over most areas. This is a dream after all.
>>
File: 2930216.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1200)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
I want a castle
>>
>>10675951
Woah, where is this?
>>
>>10675957
Palais Garnier opera house
>>
An opera house would be a good meet up place too.
>>
>>10673871
How do you not get dirty at a bar? I couldn't imagine accidently brushing up against something and ripping my dress.
>>
>>10676435
Just go early and go to one that isn’t so crowded/loud/grimy. Fancy hotel bars can be nice for this. Also jazz bars
>>
>>10676435
Do you regularly rip your clothes when you go to bars? I drink in alt bars in Lolita all the time, it’s clothes meant to be worn, just learn spacial awareness and clean your blouses and OPs every time

Though if you live in a country where smoking indoors is legal, I totally understand being uncomfortable wearing Lolita to bars. That stink sticks
>>
>>10676435
Depends on the bar we never had meetups in clubs or dive bars but pubs and taverns where there was more space.
>>
>>10676525
I didnt even think of fancy hotel bars being an option. Good idea.
>>10676592
In bars I tend to wear jeans because splinters on furniture, crowded, people rubbing up against you, accidental spilled drinks, wet spots in seating, etc.
>>
>>10676893
Have you only ever gone to dive bars on a Saturday night or something?
>>
>>10676956
I don't actually pick the bars to go to, I don't even care for bars I just get dragged to them by my friends who want to "do something tonight." We have a couple blocks full of them from Coyote Ugly to an arcade bar to country bars to hip hop bars to metal themed bars, etc. I've just never been to a classy nice one and forgot they existed.
>>
>>10676893
I wonder if this is a weird american prohibition-y type thing then, where all their bars are like back-alley dirty dive bars? I’ve lived in multiple countries in Europe and I’ve never felt like my Lolita was at risk in a bar, beyond the possibility of me getting drunk and spilling something on it (which just washes out, lol)
>>
>>10676980
Kek what the fuck are you talking about? I've traveled all over the world and seen dirty, crowded bars. They're usually the worst when they're targeted toward young partiers or sports fans.
>>
>>10676435

>>10676525 is right. I don’t go to dirty sports bars in lolita (or in general) but cocktail bars are a thing? Or bars that focus on spirits like gin. There’s about as much chance of messing up your clothes as a normal restaurant. Cocktail bars tend to have nice interiors too.
>>
I wish animals didn't stink so I could go to a zoo meet-up
>>
>>10677235
Plus small humans with sticky fingers. I avoid zoo meetups at all cost.
>>
>>10677554
Plus $35 for a cup of water and a shitty sandwich doesn’t quite add up. For that price I could get a decent lunch at a nice air conditioned restaurant.
>>
I'd really like to rent out a movie theater space and marathon lolita media. Such Kamikaze girls, Paradise Kiss etc. But I dont think anyone would like the idea of sitting in a petti for hours
>>
>>10678080
Maybe if it was one of those dinner theaters where you can move about a bit more.
>>
>>10677235
What the fuck? Do you think some animal in an enclosure is going to stick up your dress?? Are you planning on visiting a petting zoo?
>>
>>10678080
Just have a cocktail hour or snack intermission in-between shows. Smaller screening rooms usually allow it
>>
>>10678179
If there’s air conditioning and an intermission a petti is no problem. I guess I’d probably use one I wouldn’t care too much about flattening. Why can’t cons/rvr have events like this? Way cooler than some panel about pronouns and inclusivity or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>10678198
I assume because it’s way harder to get the rights to screen those movies, unless you can navigate jp movie licensing sites and talk to their staff.
>>
>>10678216
Oh that’s a good point. But if admission were general it wouldn’t need to have permission right? Or like at tekko, which is run by an educational non profit, they could probably do this with little effort.
>>
>>10678223
No, it’s required for any public screening.
>>
>>10678250
I wonder if some of these movies have academic/educational carve outs though. It’s a thing. You could def do it for a meet though, no one would ever find out or give a crap.
>>
Tbh I want a 420 meet up. Go to the dispensary. Get a lounge. Smoke up. Have a frilly good time.
>>
>>10678301
I hosted a private edibles meet up actually. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>10678301
People are almost absurdly over-paranoid about smoke getting in their clothes. See the RVR thread.
>>
>>10678327
It’s funny cause I know a LOT of girls who smoke weed in their clothes and sell them from a smoke free home. If you know how to clean it the smoke scent will come out fairly easily.

>>10678317
Based weed muffin anon
>>
I want an equestrian meet. Nothing too crazy but maybe a fancy horse or carriage ride and a picnic. Plus the pic opportunities would be sick.
>>
>>10678327
Ya, it’s absurd to have asthma. Sorry my shitty lungs offend you
>>
>>10678557
I love the idea of cartridge rides!
>>
>>10678557
Ah yes, just what I need horse shit on my burando.
>>
>>10678739
I’d be down if it was rural, but urban horse carriage rides are so stressful for the horses, plus I don’t think it would be that enjoyable in an urban environment.
>>
>>10678741
You ride the horse by sitting on top of it, not under it’s butt.

Accidents can happen, but you girls are so paranoid about those accidents that’s preventing you from going through really nice experiences while wearing the fashion you love.

If you are so worried with your burando, buy some offbrand stuff that you are not as worried about damaging and go live your best lolita life.
>>
>>10678867
Lol no. If you were suggesting an activity people do in their normie clothes, then I'd understand. But people don't ride horses in nice normie clothes either. They usually wear old jeans and shit like that. Also no one wants to ruin their shoes in a muddy or dusty field. Riding boots and cowboy boots are a thing for a reason.
>>
>>10678901
Re-enacted ride in fancy dresses all the time. Hell carriages are used frequently for weddings. I think that’s an awesome meet idea. Way better than generic meet at public place, eat some generic food and of course take generic pics.
>>
Paint ball.
>>
>>10679300
Based. Bodyline Paint ball?
>>
>>10679300
i know this is kind of a joke but why not just do laser tag instead? or even blacklight laser tag in military lolita. that'd make for some cool fucking pics
>>
>>10679312
1. because everyone loves to shit on bodlyine and 2. no one wants to wear military lolita for fear of being ruthlessly attacked and canceled.
>>
>>10679315
im pretty sure the woketards only care about wearing DW, and usually with the hat and there's other military style stuff. no one will cancel you for wearing camo print dresses for example, and you don't have to share the pics on twitter or cof, just take them for yourself/comm. sorry in advance if your comm is full of wokies.
>>
>>10679318
nta but have you not seen the shit that one girl got for her military coord just because it had an eagle emblem on the hat? Camo is fair game but pretty rare in lolita, and the black color scheme styles tend to get attacked no matter how far off they are from actual nazi symbolism.
>>
>>10679320
when i saw the post most people weren't upset, just suggesting because she wanted tips/concrit that she pick a different symbol to basically avoid getting complaints. her outfit was ugly anyway. generally no one cares except one piece or series that is equally as rare as if not rarer than camo.

but also this is the dream meets thread so the idea is it is a bit of a fantasy scenario that your comm may not ever do anyway
>>
>>10679324
Is it bad that I prefer paintball because there's some girls in my comm I'd really like to shoot paintballs at? It's not SUPER painful, but I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>10679325
>Is it bad that I prefer paintball
in general no
>>10679325
>there's some girls in my comm I'd really like to shoot paintballs at
if its bc ur jealous or dislike them or whatever that's cringe, just ignore or avoid people you don't like, if it's in a more friendly banter kind of way that's fine
>>
>>10679327
Idk anon. Wonderfinch is in my comm.
>>
>>10679305
Yes!
>>10679312
Laser tag is fine too I guess. Joking aside, imagine going out in shiro lolita and do paintball. See what your dress looks like and compare with others.
>>
>>10679336
>shiro lolita and do paintball
that would actually be fun! Especially since the paint is water based and should wash out, but you'd probably be left with residue. If you chose kawaii color for the paintballs you could get something cool. In general I love doing not-kawaii activities in lolita. It's a fun contrast.
>>
>>10679341
Weird that you call colors and activities kawaii but yea, pastel paint would be pretty cool.
>>
>>10679328
fair point but imagine targeting her in paintball and getting accused of racist bullying for hitting a black woman
>>
>>10679328
and?
>>
>>10679350
I'm 110% positive it would be beyond worth it.
>>
>>10679352
tyler and lor only made it out of that dramafest alive bc they were popular 'influencers'. if she could convince a comm not to go after a scammer she could convince them to exclude you for your petty paintball attack. idk i am the type to minimize interaction with people i dislike, not pick fights with them, especially losing ones.
>>
>>10679353
kek, she really rules out of fear like some kind of weird tyrant
>>
>>10679353
Eh it's not a losing fight. I'd leave my comm and the whole damn community if I had to. I'm petty like that. Besides I'd have the satisfaction of knowing that most of the community agreed with me, even if they ultimately choose not to root her out.
>>
>>10679354
even if that wasn't an issue i still would say it's petty and dumb to target someone in a fun paintball game because you genuinely dislike them. that's some dumbass disney movie shit. i wouldn't pay money to go hang out in a group with someone i hate in the first place desu.

paintball is something fun you play with your friends, not an excuse to mildly physically harm people you know you don't want to surround yourself with anyway.
>>
>>10679358
im nta but I'm pretty sure it's just a fucking joke. stop sperging over it
>>
>>10679377
Someone straight up asked if it was bad if they played paintball only to shoot at a comm member they dislike. Agreed that it's funny and silly but if they were serious it's pretty lame and weird.

Like someone else said laser tag is a better option for lolita in general; don't have to get your clothes dirty or wear bodyline and the military coords idea or even just people twinning or doing substyle vs substyle and having goths vs sweets would be fun.
>>
>>10679386
They weren't serious and if you think so you probably need to get off the internet if simple things offend you.
>>
>>10679414
no one cares
>>
>>10679456
Obviously they do if they keep blog posting about it >>10679358 >>10679386
>>
>>10679473
no one cares that youre so pressed over people having hypothetical convos and giving their opinions on it
>>
>>10679479
>hypothetical convos
who mentioned hypothetical convos
>>
>>10679479
people were talking about hypotheticals it seems. this whole thread is 'what do you wish your comm did for meets' and someone was joking and just contemplating paintball blasting wf or playing paintball, laser tag, equestrian shit, etc...all this shit is hypothetical and people responding to these what if questions
>>
>>10679486 oops, meant to reply >>10679484
>>
I’d love a classical ball meetup. Like with actual live music and dancing. But I know it’d never have enough participants.
>>
>>10679554
And no men to dance with except oujis with too much makeup
>>
>>10678867
If it's carriage rides that wouldn't even be an issue. Just have to make sure the seats clean
>>
>>10679095
Have you ever actually ridden a horse? The saddle is dusty and dirty. Your legs touch the dirty, dusty horse. The farm itself is usually dirty/dusty/muddy so your shoes get fucked. No way am i wearing even my nice normie dresses let alone lolita
>>
>>10680668
Eurofags think “riding a horse” means riding a perfectly groomed showjumping horse or sitting in a carriage or some shit kek
>>
>>10680668
If told ahead of time about what kind of meet up this is, the saddles and horse can be cleaned beforehand.
>>
>>10680668
You can put a blanket over the back of the horse
>>
>>10680668
use a blanket and brush down your horses you dirty bitch. some of us actually have horses and don't treat them like trash.
>>
>>10679565
You say that like that's a bad thing.
>>
>>10684145
Don’t want a bunch of fujoshits getting this haunted house tier makeup on my brand
>>
>>10684147
Okay, extremely good point there.
>>
>>10684147
good point. Natural makeup looks only.
>>
>>10679565
In that vein I’d actually like a nice couples dinner where the SOs dressy in fancy normie clothes too. Unfortunately, i know that would be asking too much since most of them don’t even own a suit
>>
>>10684172
Honestly this reminds me. I don't mind partners coming to (open, non private) meets as long as they look somewhat classy and nice. Doesn't have to be ouji/aristo/lolita. Really dislike this jeans and a band shirt look.
>>
>>10684172
Lolitas honestly have trash partners. 9/10 times it's some gross "well actually" nerd who doesn't own anything other than cargo shorts and hentai/anime t shirts
>>
>>10684182
Can confirm. My boyfriend is a gremlin but he does take pride in dressing well so there is that.
>>
A week-long meet in Japan where one day we visit a ryokan and get to wear our brand yukata. The next day we stay at an upscale hotel and enjoy tea service. Wear roomwear at night. Visit all the brand stores and cute cafes that we want during the day. I’ve never been to a Butler cafe and would like to try that. Maybe do that gyaru transformation experience for the hell of it. Meet Tavuchi at Happy Birthday To You.

I have the money to do this but have no lolita friends. Plus im sure the covid restrictions there suck right now. Bummer all around.
>>
>>10686549
you don't wear those kinds of yukata to ryokan...
>>
>>10684172
Me and my partner often match since his thing is suits. We both care about our respective fashions whether its a specific one like lolita or something without a label, it's very nice to be able to share it together.
>>
>>10686585
No? They seemed really casual so i would have thought it would be fine to walk around in one of those little touristy hot spring towns wearing them. Shows what i know
>>
>>10686549
I would do this
>>
>>10686585
When do you wear them? I thought they were casual summerwear like >>10686647
>>
https://youtu.be/rse3Oj6DOQ4 [Embed]

This. This is my dream meet. I wonder how many of these places are still open...
>>
>>10688602
>>10686647
Ryokan and hotel yukata are super basic like bedsheet tier. They have small thin ties instead of obis so you can dress and undress easily and be comfy
>>
>>10689251
Oh I’m not wearing my brand yukata when dipping in and out of water at the ryokan. I just meant around town or at dinner during the day

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.