[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 109 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

prev. >>10661526
>>
>>10668227
Way to show your vendetta, poorfag. You’re supposed to blur out names.
>>
aside from rare pieces like the pic in OP, can we deduce that the sweet boom is officially dead? fancy paper dolls is sitting on the market for like 250 or something. must be because nobody’s getting stimmies anymore lmfao
>>
>>10668230
I wouldn’t say it’s dead, but it’s definitely not as intense. There’s still old pieces selling for very inflated prices both on the western and Japanese secondhand market. And new pieces still being sold out immediately and scalped.
>>
>>10668227
Amazing that something this ugly is auctioning this high
Sweets really are nuts lmao
>>
>>10668230
Nah. Looking at past sales, last month there were some fancy paper dolls that went for $400+. But it wasn’t a super popular print in the sweet boom so I’m not surprised one is sitting.

Milky planet for the original jsk is still going for over $1000. Sugar hearts went for $1400 recently. Milky-Chan recently sold for $600~ on the Japanese market. Accessories are getting bid up to $400. Relatively unpopular dresses that once were $120-$150 a few years ago are still selling for $300-400.
>>
I think I got athletes foot from japanese secondhand. Wash your clothes when you get them.
>>
>>10668251
Why wouldnt you...?
>>
>>10668253
It smelled like detergent. I was careless and paid the price
>>
>>10668253
Not >>10668251 but Atheltes foot will ruin socks/shoes if not cleaned after each wear, if the original owner lets it stew in her socks and never cleans the inside of shoes then the buyer get screwed no matter what.
>>
>>10668254
You’re retarded…
>>
>>10668255
It wasn't socks its athletes foot but on my hands, the same fungus.
>>
>>10668227
The sale probably won't even go through. Lots of neutral feedback saying the buyer either doesn't pay or argues about price/shipping after the fact. No one with $3k to spend is that stingy. Their account is only 12 months old too.

When will the sweet AP clout chasers leave us alone?
>>
>>10668227
This is tempting me to sell my full set...
>>
>>10668261
that's not how that works, and the fungus can't live through the mail.
>>
>>10668440
A quick google search would tell you that fungal spores of all sorts can lay dormant for long periods of time
>>
Guess who’s back trying to sell her jizz stained dresses for a grand?
>>
>>10668540
Think she’ll let it go for 200 bucks and a pack of huggies?
>>
>>10668229
Lol, not op but it really doesn't matter on LM. It's so easy to search for the item.
>>
>>10668251
goddamn so now I have to be paranoid about bedbugs AND fungus
>>
?
>>
>>10668629
Aren't those like 34 USD new lmfao
>>
>>10668631
yes and also she’s the one who tried posting the cornet dress at like $250 usd and since nobody bit, now it’s dropped to $199. She used to sell pieces at a good price but then got a little too hopeful
>>
>>10668629
Honestly the best thing to do if you're selling one of the AB headdress is setting the starting price to $35 and let everyone bid from there, maybe it's gonna go up to $100 if someone's extra desperate, but no one's going to bite if your BIN is bigger than that
>>
>>10668682
I think she is trying because the shop is closed right now
>>
>>10668692
Orders are also still backed up.
>>
>>10668635
Just curious cause I’ve got several cornet pieces but what’s a good price for them?
>>
>>10668734
Depends on if its good cornet since they had a couple dud pieces. I’d say $40 - $170 for good condition cornet. I sold off all my cornet recently so this is what it’s going for with the current oldschool boom. After the fad dies out, cornet will go to $90 max like it used to. If you want to sell now, auctioning would do well.
>>
>>10668761
Thanks anon! I’ll start sorting through my stuff then :)
>>
>>10668629
Came here to post this, what the fuck

Are people that retarded that they can't wait a few months? I know Halloween is coming up but jesus AB quality is nice but not THAT nice

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen any shameless indie makers profiting off the impatience by making knockoffs either
>>
>>10668761
when do you thing the fad dies out?
>>
>>10668797
Can’t say! I got into egl right before oldschool became popular and when pieces were still dirt cheap a year ago. Baby is still releasing their classics line and its getting sold out, so i think it’ll be here for a while. And i think it won’t be as dead as it was, when the fad dies out. Now we have summertime tales boutique (i think its called?) and rr memorandum whenever they decide to stop putting out shitty cutsews.
>>
>>10668806
>Before old school got popular
>A year ago
Kek you're definitely new if you think oldshool wasn't just as popular a year ago
It's still cheap if you know where to look but a year ago people were still bidding high on LM for old-school and fighting over it
>>
>>10668809
Yeah i guess i mean before it hit this level of popularity! I may be new but i know my cornet prices at least. I remember grabbing cornet for $40 at the start and then sold it for double or triple that . I think i just got lucky with my lm purchases at the time. The things i bought weren’t getting bid on and they were also burando too and would go for a lot more now. But they also had really terrible seller pics
>>
>>10668809
I miss 2016. I used to get old school pieces for so insanely cheap because no one wanted them
>>
>>10668823
In general 2016 was cheap. Most AP was going for dirt around then. I didn't have time for the fashion, due to work but I still watched prices.
>>
Has anyone ever managed to sell a listing on Kei Market or am I just better off trying with depop?
>>
>>10669119
Depop is your best bet.
>>
>>10669119
has anyone had trouble with depop lately? everytime i search something its so empty, sometimes i see a angelic pretty or meta dress in my “style edit” but when i just search for it it doesn’t show up.. I’ve tried looking it up on google but can’t find anything similar
>>
>>10669152
if you are in the UK or EU they have limited the search results so you can only view things from your own country, to 'protect' buyers from import tax, which kinda sucks desu
>>
I just bought a dress from LM, went to wash it and the water immediately turned opaque brown. I freaked out thinking it was dye transfer but no, it was just filthy. Wash your dresses you nasty asses I'm sick of washing decades old marinated stranger's sweat juice
>>
>>10669119
I managed to sell a single skirt with keimarket over the summer. And bought a shirt I really like. But I'm not going to lie; it's pretty dead. I haven't been able to sell anything else. I wish keimarket was more active and not filled with handmade/off brand crap because I don't wear lolita anymore and prefer a more casual v-kei influenced style now and it can be hard to find general j fash pieces secondhand on the western market
>>
>>10669271
Have any of you guys seen those enzyme clothing soaps made for sportswear? I've been considering buying them to use to deep clean my lolita dresses upon arrival. Even seemingly clean clothes can still have microscopic particles of dead skin or dirt and sweat and stuff apparently and I've seen multiple brands advertise that their products physically break down that stuff and it helps remove stains, make colors less muted, and rid clothes of lingering odors. Some people even said it works great to soak super smelly stuff like hockey equipment. But part of me wants someone else to try it first and confirm it's safe in case it fucks up my brand so until then I'll just do a standard wash with detergent and oxy when needed.
>>
>>10669271
Had the same issue with a blouse I bought and the seller basically told me to fuck off
>>
>>10669310
Was the item visibly damaged? If not I would have told you to fuck off too. But I wash my clothes so this would never happen.
>>
>>10668227
Am I missing something? Why the fuck is this going for so much?
>>
>>10669324
Newfag
>>
>>10669328
I'm not a newfag, I just don't wear sweet. It looks fugly and I don't recall ever seeing Kira Kira Doll being someone's dream dress.
>>
>>10669332
I guess you’re just retarded then
>>
>>10669333
yes im retarded for not knowing why sweet clout chasers are bidding on some hideous dress. enlighten me
>>
>>10669324
Because sweetfags are crazy and love ugly cheap looking costumey dresses then call you retarded for not wanting to look like a child's princess Halloween costume
>>
>>10669324
It’s popular among Chinese lolitas. It also has a nostalgic sweet feel (regardless of how ugly you think it is) so some westerners may like it. But mostly that first point
>>
>>10669271
I washed some dresses that arrived in the mail and they all turned the water in my tub a dark brown. The worst part is that they didn't look dirty or have stains. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>10669355
They love their shitty, costumey lolita.
>>
>>10669286
I didn't know these existed anon... You may have just saved my favorite (non lolita) shirt from a bizarre stubborn mystery stain
>>
>>10668227
I can't be the only one who thinks this looks like sissy shit
>>
>>10669357
Anon that was probably dye runoff…. New dresses in darker colors will almost always do this.
>>
>>10669369
The dresses in question were sweet, mostly pinks and yellows. They are also older dresses, from 2015 and earlier.
>>
>>10669371
Oh jesus. You're an idiot LOL. 2015 and earlier are NOT steadfast.

Who the fuck told you that they were washable. LOL
>>
>>10669381
>Who the fuck told you that they were washable. LOL

people like you who are the reason anon ended up with clothes that leaked dirt immediately upon touching water
>>
>>10669383
>Not knowing what drycleaning is

Also, only OPs and undergarments/blouses/hosiery really need proper regular cleaning. My skin doesn't even come into contact with my JSKs.
>>
>>10669385
This.

>>10669383
You're a fucking idiot lmfao.
>>
>>10669383
no, anon is just an idiot and probably ruined her dreaming macaron or something.
>>
>>10669385
Most lolita can be washed. Especially cotton stuff. Pre-2015 or not. The stupid assumption that stuff from a certain era is inherently unwashable is grody and ignores the fact that dresses are made from different fabrics than each other so not every piece from a specific time period is dry clean only.

Plus everyone knows Japanese companies are lazy and say dry clean only when you can wash it. Even if your brand doesn't touch your body or skin, there's dirt in the outside world where you're wearing them and on surfaces you sit on or touch. Wash your fucking clothes, gulls.
>>
>>10669394
*sorry I said "especially" cotton when I meant "even cotton can be washed"
>>
>>10669381
I've never felt secondhand embarrassment reading a post on this board until I saw yours. You're either new or painfully stupid.

Enjoy stewing in grime, you absolute maggot.
>>
>>10669394
>Even if your brand doesn't touch your body or skin, there's dirt in the outside world
Yes, that's why I said JSKs "don't need regular cleaning" instead of "don't need cleaning at all". You can get away with washing JSKs after multiple wears when they're not visibly stained and all you did was sit on a couple chairs. Spot-cleaning is also a thing for things like food stains. Overwashing clothing for no reason is just as stupid as never washing it.
>>
>>10669286
Honestly, I use the enzyme cleaner that I originally got for pet odors. Works great, and it's probably more or less the same thing.
>>
>>10669398
Sure. But considering I've read threads even back dating into pre 2015. This is a new tune you faggots are singing, versus acknowledging SOME prints ARE NOT WASHABLE you fucking moron.

If you do not spot check and just wash everything, no, you're an idiot. I literally couldn't care less what some dumb anon ruining their clothes, thinks. Wash your shit PROPERLY idiots.
>>
>>10669409
Also important to note, I've read of many instances of dry cleaning even ruining things. I'm not sure you really even get it. Haha. With this 'old school' craze, you newfags are out here ruining old dresses like they get printed all the time. Good job. If you want to whine about grime, then I'd suggest you to not wear any of your old prints. Ever.
>>
>>10669410
Ok smelly
>>
>>10669409
Why are you sperging over this? Nobody mentioned washing a print that is known to run.
>>
>>10669409
>REEEEEE EVERY PRINT MADE BEFORE 2015 RUNS YOU FUCKING MORONS
>>
>>10669119
I’ve sold a couple things but it took a while and I had to seriously underprice. I think insta will revive gal so hopefully the site becomes more popular. I’m personally a big fan of Mori but no one in the west seems to want it (other than wearing off brand western stuff)
>>
>>10669409
I can’t believe you’re acting like this much of a faggot to cope with the fact you’re disgusting. Most of my pieces are pre 2015 and I’ve always washed them after every wear. Yes, that includes my jsks too because even if you think your clothes aren’t “in direct contact” with your skin you’re still sweating through your blouse and getting dirt on your clothes. You’re all fucking disgusting. I’d never heard of people wearing their clothes multiple times without washing before getting into this fashion.
>>
>>10669419
People do this regularly since not all of us sweat or smell so much that our clothes reek like disgusting pigs after a single wear.
Seethe. Dilate.
>>
>>10669419
>you’re still sweating through your blouse
No, this is not normal unless you're going for runs in hot weather, or just extremely fat. If you regularly sweat through blouses, then by all means wash your JSKs each time. Most normal people do not
>>
>>10669419
If you think that's exclusive to Lolita fashion then you've been living under a rock. Not only is it a huge thing for people who wear specialty denim jeans (which I find gross), but also people who wear corsets usually wear them over a slip and don't wash them every single day because that's insane overkill for clothing that isn't even touching your skin.
>>
>>10669432
Ntayrt but people don't wash corsets because a most of the time you literally can't without rusting the metal boning
>>
>>10669441
>a most of the time
Sorry to preach about laundering like fucking Mario
>>
>>10669419
You're retarded. You should leave.
>>
>>10669453
You're the retard shitting up the thread. Take your own advice, stinky.
>>
>>10669430
>Most normal people do not
You don't have to be going for a run in hot weather to sweat anon. You just have to exist outside of AC for like 20 minutes and live anywhere that actually experiences real warmth in the summertime.
>>
>>10669419
This. Honestly. It's really obvious the original anon who posted that rant about how anything pre-2015 isn't washable doesn't understand how laundering clothing works or that dry cleaning can also ruin clothes if done poorly or that Japanese tags say dry clean but so many of us have over the years learned that's just bullshit. Anon didn't say "some prints like HL can't be washed normally/as easily and need special care and I dry clean my dresses after each wear" they just straight up said all pre 2015 which a ton of is basic cotton cannot be laundered and they wear it multiple times before cleaning it at all and it's not grody at all because it isn't technically directly touching their skin lol. Even prints known to bleed can be washed with color catchers and stuff to prevent that so avoiding cleaning your things out of fear of that is just not neccesary.

They're just larping or dirty, end of story. Wash your goddamn clothes, gulls.
>>
>>10669381
I've washed (by hand) plenty of my pre-2010 pieces with no damage. And they had tags that said dry clean only. You're the retard here
>>
I throw all of my lolita clothes in the washing machine on a cold wash or max 30, depending on what it is and i've never had any problems. Sometimes I use colour catcher sheets or stain remover.
>>
>>10669231
oh that makes sense i'm from the EU, so annoying of depop though Jesus
>>
>>10669474
just letting you know that cold water doesn't stop dye from running entirely, be careful with red.
>>
>>10669486
I've heard that it helps? Luckily I don't have too much red in my prints! But colour catcher sheets work wonders. If I am unsure, I spot test, which is what I did with Honey Cake
>>
>>10668227
What's the likelihood of Kira Kira Doll ending at $10k?
>>
>>10669310
Why? I want to know how they worded it.
>>
>mfw someone resold a dress I sold to them months ago for double what they paid me for it
idk who to be more annoyed at, myself for selling it for what I paid for it or the person who bought it at a crazy markup
>>
>>10669582
Or no one. Everyone involved bought and sold the dress for the price they felt was best at the time.
>>
>>10669585
This
>>
>>10669582
Yourself for being a retard and caring about it once your side of the transaction was complete
>>
>>10669430
Anon you do realize that your clothes don't have to be soaking wet from sweat for you to be sweating through your clothes right. I can't believe I have to explain that bacteria and germs are present even if they're not visible to grown ass adults.
>>
>>10669732
Unless you wash your bed sheets on a daily basis you have no business getting uppity because people don't wash their JSKs after each and every wear.
>>
>>10669740
>tfw I shower before bed and change my sheets every 3 days but some autist will say I’m a hypocrite for saying people should wash their clothes because I don’t change my sheets every single night
>>
>>10669740
Most people shower before bed (I shower twice a day, once after a morning workout and once before bed at the end of the day), and most people also change their bedsheets like once a week minimum, and many into skincare use a different pillowcase daily. Indoors in an air conditioned/temp controlled bedroom after a shower is different than going outside.
>>
>>10669742
I shower before wearing my JSKs and wash them around every 3 uses but I don't even touch them directly like my sheets. But that's disgusting now? Please
>>
>>10669748
Yes that's the point. No one washes their sheets after every single night. So it's dumb to act offended when people don't with their JSKs. I'd say washing your sheets only once a week is even grimier than not washing a JSK after a single use.
>>
>>10669753
> don't even touch them directly like my sheets
What? Are you sleeping naked?
>>
>>10669754
you don't wear your sheets out into the world like your clothing and unless you never exfoliate you're not gonna have more than a negligible amount of dead skin cells and dust not the entire outside of your home world's germs. i change my sheets twice a week and use a new pillowcase each night personally. and again indoors is different than outdoors where there is an unlimited amount of dirt and it is often warm depending on where you live so you'd sweat unlike in bed.
>>
i bet your guys' comm meets smell like ass
>>
>>10669555
>Kira Kira Doll
nice. highest bid was $8,501. dying to know what the seller originally paid for it. that's a hell of a story.
>>
listen you autists I don't care if your sweat is so light uwu it doesn't dirty your clothes, getting filthy secondhand is so common in lolita and I'm guessing it's not from the people who wash their clothes reasonably often
>>
>>10669807
Kekking at the madlad who bid $420
>>
>>10669807
Probably like $300 at Closet Child
>>
>>10669886
this, i know somebody bought it for that much around 5 years ago
>>
File: Kirakiradollah.jpg (562 KB, 1080x1387)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
Gonna be honest - even if I had lots of money to throw around, Kira Kira Doll isn't worth it. I'm not even coping - it looks better in the stock image.

Guess we get to put this one in the history books though.
>>
>>10669897
Imagine paying this much for this old bag of tulle when you could have a courture dress made just for you 2/3 times over. To each their own I guess.
>>
>>10669897
Yeah this dress is hideous and I'm not jealous either, I have a large wardrobe full of actually cute dresses. Imagine having this little taste
>>
>>10669900
>>10669901
My only question is: Why this dress? Out of all the old, cute AP solids, this one isn't it. Maybe the buyer is a Chinese lolita who gets off on rarity. Or maybe this is like the last dress on their wishlist. But still, if someone asked me "what AP dress do you think will sell for $7.7k?" I wouldn't have guessed this one.
In general I'm disappointed that old AP is now turning into actual luxury, collector's "fashion."
>>
>>10669902
as someone who collects old ap dresses I genuinely like it, it activates the chuuni neurons in my brain even though there are objectively nicer dresses
>>
>>10669905
Please tell me you wouldn't pay anywhere near 8k at least
>>
>>10669902
Did it actually sell for 7k or did the bidder just fix prices with the seller or something. I really hope they're no serious...like of all the dresses out there this really ain't it.
>>
>>10669927
Third highest bid was for 6.7k so if the seller agreed to a fixed price they’re an idiot and I personally don’t think that’s what happened anyway, when your dress hits the second thousand who wouldn’t just see how high it’ll go?
>>
>>10669897
This is literally more than my couturier asked for my custom design wedding dress. You could get this exact dress made in nicer materials for less. Why?
>>
>>10669932
yeah but it won't have the AP tag on it lel
>>
I finally came into a large amount of money freeing up some of my income for lolita again. Is it worth it to buy a pretty desirable dress in "meh" condition for like $400 from someone in China I think who overprices/scalps? I know replicas are everywhere on the Chinese market so I'd feel sad and broken if I ended up with one but this particular seller doesn't seem to give any indication they scam people, just overpriced their dresses a lot. The dress comes up often enough but I always miss it when it's BIN and the frequent situations of people agreeing to fixed prices and then bidding crazy amounts just to make sure the item doesn't sell to anyone else has turned me off to most auctions.
>>
>>10669953
if you're worried about $400 you didn't come into that much money. invest your small settlement or whatever it is.
>>
>>10669957
Yeah it's not that much, only $15K. It's just enough that I can now buy more lolita with my excess income instead of paying off student loans. My previous budget was limiting myself myself $1k a month on lolita max so this only increases my max budget by like, $300 a month which were my past loan payments.

Even if I was rich though I wouldn't want to waste too much of my money overpaying since the condition of the item isn't neccesarily good. That's part of how rich people stay rich I heard. Not wasting their money and using their wealth to take advantage of free benefits too.
>>
>>10669953
Why pay 400$ to scalpers? Just wait for a better priced one and use your money better.
>>
>>10669958
Maybe idk don’t spend so much on lolita each month? Maybe pay off your student loans. No offense but this fashion isn’t going anywhere. I’m more than content to wait on Dream dresses, and for the sweet boom to die.
>>
>>10669979
I was able to entirely pay off my student loans with the money I got. Which is why I no longer have that bill each month and can spend a tiny bit more on lolita now. Sorry if I didn't explain that clearly. I also save about $1k each month as well. I don't spend everything on lolita and I don't always max out that budget because it depends on if I come across stuff secondhand or new releases I actually like. I haven't spent my full $1k allocation in my budget on lolita since the FPS MTO.
>>
>>10669953
The dress is going to be worth whatever you want to put into it. If you like it that much and will wear it then $400 is worth it, but if you’re buying with resale in mind then probably not. Just buy what you truly love and know you’ll use and “worth it” won’t be a question you’ll have to ask.
>>
>>10669998
I never buy dresses to resell intentionally. I buy them to wear and I wear lolita daily.
>>
>>10669807
I remember when the original dress sold on ClosetChild. It was around ¥15,000.
>>
>>10669930
That's true, but wow congrats to the seller if the buyer actually pays that much. What a windfall.
>>
>>10670050
I believe it is a real bid so my savings account would be so happy if I were the seller
>>
>>10669953
If it's one that does appear often enough then it might be worth waiting for? Not necessarily for a better price, but at least better condition. The only reason I snap up my DDs is because one appears like once every 1-2 years or something ridiculous like that. I'd definitely sit around and wait for any dresses that come up with more frequency if condition is a concern.
>>
>>10670175
>The only reason I snap up my DDs is because one appears like once every 1-2 years or something ridiculous like that
>1-2 years
>ridiculous

That’s… really not bad in terms of dream dress hunting. Whew this board really has just flooded with newfags since corona huh?
>>
>>10669415
from what I understand it's primarily the reds you need to keep an eye on. when are lolitas going to discover synthropol or another dyers wash? yall seem like you're interested in fashion but don't really take time to learn garment care
>>
>>10669441
you can handwash, the issue is more about fabric shrinkage and warping, but rusting is a possible issue.
>>
>>10670180
Hey, more power to you for wanting stuff that never appears. I do have items that I know may never come up, but I particularly feel it for others that I passed on previously that were better priced and stayed around longer but have now become far more scarce. It's to be expected because supply will continue to dwindle, hence my comment to OP.
>>
>>10670180
>tfw there’s been items it took me 8 years to find and newfags are saying 1-2 years is ‘ridiculous’

Give me death
>>
>>10669927
It's a real bid. I'm in a comm with the seller and they said it appears to be legitimate so far. But we'll only really know when the buyer gets the dress because they could still do a PP claim and try to pull off a scam.
>>
>>10670188
Same. I'm never going to find my DD's. I was too poor when I got into lolita to buy from japan second hand :(
>>
>>10670187
>Hey, more power to you for wanting stuff that never appears.
>Newfags coming into our community not understanding what a "Dream Dress" is.
Some of us started when these things were available in Japan. You newfags actually don't get how convenient things are now. It wasn't that easy back then and a lot of the dresses never hit the western market. Get off of my lawn.
>>
>>10670188
Nine years and still searching. Is summer never ending or is this just hell?
>>
File: 1627575521380.gif (45 KB, 112x112)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
>tfw my dream dress is Lace Frill JSK, and I have it in multiple colorways because it gets rereleased every year
>>
>circlejerking over how long it took you to find your dream dress newfag this newfag that

congrats I guess? You win an award for caring about ~dumb shit~
>>
>>10670270
It's normal, newfag. Go back to class already, summer is over.
>>
>>10670219
I hope that it's real, good luck and fingers crossed for her. The buyer is crazy but it's their money to spend.
>>
>>10670292
this is sad
>>
do stop shitting up the thread with all the oldfag newfag bullshit, your insecurity is showing
>>
>>10670396
>>10670309
What value do you think these posts add? Don't post at all, if you're going to post complaining about what other people do. You can't do anything about it, so why whine like a bitch?
>>
>>10670445
it's funny cause you're doing the same thing now
>>
>>10670451
she's not complaining, you are.
>>
>>10669953
Tbh I don’t think it’s the best use of your money, but if it’s one of the dresses with infamous replicas (mcd, misty sky, dream marine, milky pony carnival or any of the older appliqué/screen printed designs) I’d pass. I recently bought an old screen print velveteen “AP” jsk from a Chinese seller on fril and it’s def a replica. I never thought anyone would bother making a replica but it turns out there are a ton of very passable replicas of these since it’s so easy to do and was released during a time when the Chinese government didn’t even pretend to try to contain the counterfeit problem.
>>
how the fuck does the seller thing this is even remotely loliable
a collar bow doesn't automatically make a blouse loliable. there is not a single fucking ounce of lace on that thing.

i fucking hate people who list offbrand shit
>>
>>10670482
In the old years, that is considered loliable. Yes. Loliable is a term that is mostly come from the years of things not really being all that obtainable.

Right now? Technically still is, but there's enough available things from 'lolita' (really clolita) to get cheap blouses. But some people still buy things in America, because let's be real. Half of that shit you're buying from clolita is poorly constructed even if it's a 'lolita blouse.'
>>
>>10670445
>cgl
>value
>>
>>10670482
That blouse can be loliable if you have a particular taste and know what you're doing.
>>
The candy fairy seller should just start another auction instead of trying to sell for 1k or whatever it is
>>
>>10670479
Is it Velveteen Chandelier? I've seen a lot of those replicas
>>
>>10670503
loliable, but barely. it's lazy. we have TONS of options for offbrand blouses now of different styles, colors, and sizes, there's really no reason to use a blouse like this that's barely one step above a normie office blouse anymore.
>>
this seller is disgusting. everything she posted has stains everywhere and she includes dirty shit like this and insists on selling all this cheap offbrand crap as a bundle. fucking ew.
>>
>>10670542
there's supposedly a lot of twinkle ornament replicas too which is weird because who cared enough about twinkle ornament to make such a close replica of it
>>
>>10670554
There isn't, but some of us are older than new access. I don't blame her for trying to sell it, but I wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>10670556
They have always made replicas of prints that weren't really sought after. It's how it's always been.
>>
>>10669958
>student debt
>still spends 1k on lolita every month
>thats how the rich stay rich
lmao you burgers are so bad with money
>>
>>10670555
Wow i want to kill myself
>>
>>10670563
she did say she doesnt spend that much every month. also we dont get free college here dont rub it in pls. maybe some people are praying biden will cave and cancel their loans. i know if it was me id pay as little as possible until they eventually get canceled since college should be free
>>
Why the fuck is it so hard to find the right petticoats. i can’t trust images anymore. The cc image made it look like a short cupcake one. it’s arrived and it’s a long a-line below my knees.
I can still use it after i alter it shorter. but like i just want a cupcake one that’s not very poofy for classical use ;_;
>>
>>10670563
>thats how the rich stay rich
This is what all that college money went towards. Congrats on being in debt for propaganda lessons. Private institutions like colleges make the most in the US btw. There's a reason why Dean is the highest paid career.
>>
>>10670579
Many colleges and unis are public institutions in the US anon
>>
>>10670580
>Many
Not the vast majority
>>
File: IMG_20210910_172346.jpg (108 KB, 484x645)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
"MINOR" damage
main piece paint is cracked af, and the ribbon is in bad condition too wth
>>
>>10670591
These are really easy fixes though?
>>
>>10670591
Just from this photo the ribbon doesn’t look like it’s in “bad condition”? Just snip off the fraying threads and seal it?
>>
>>10670591
Stripping and repainting metal is a really easy fix, as is melting the ends of synthetic ribbon. I'm not a fan of painted metal jewelry because it always chips off, but it can be easily fixed, anon
>>10670583
All of you shut the fuck up before this gets massively derailed like the unpopular opinions thread
>>
>>10669979
>>10670563
lern2reading comprehension, they got $15k and paid off their student debt so now they have an extra $300 a month to spend on lolita instead of paying towards student debt

>>10669953
if you're spending $1000 on lolita a month than what is the issue with spending $400 especially now that you have an increased budget of $1300? you still have $900 left over. Plus if you're saving 1k every month than going $100 over $1300 shouldn't even really matter?

Sounds like you don't really want it, if it shows up as often as you say just get it the next time.
>>
File: 20210910_141545.jpg (76 KB, 484x645)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Is it just me or is the bodice looking really stretched out..?
>>
File: 20210910_141558.jpg (71 KB, 484x645)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10670635
And the shirring looks maxed.. Jesus. That poor dress. It'd help to not show off how your measurements literally stretched the dress out.
>>
>>10670619
>Sounds like you don't really want it, if it shows up as often as you say just get it the next time.

Yeah you're right. Thanks anon and others for the advice; I'll just go for it next time it turns up in nicer condition. Plus it'll get to me faster in the mail if I try to buy from within my country anyway.
>>
>>10670542
It was twinkle ornament.

>>10670556

Yeah I was surprised too. I guess when it’s just a screen printed decal it’s super easy to replicate.
>>
>>10670188
I finally found my last major wishlist dress this year after 7 years of searching, I feel you

>>10670556
I seems to recall Twinkle Ornament being fairly popular, but I got into lolita just after it came out so maybe it was still just on the hype train. I guess Gloria being released just a few years after stole its thunder. Speaking of another print that fell off the face of the earth.
>>
>>10670677
Twinkle ornament was definitely sought after and expensive on the secondhand market for a few years after its release at least. Gloria has been more popular in the long run. I hate angel motifs so I don’t get the Gloria hype at all but I got twinkle ornament for a steal when it’s popularity lapsed
>>
>>10670677
>>10670681
Screenprint on velvet was basically always *in* back then.

Prior to clolita brands pushing out their own velvet screenprints/designs. We were all wild about velvet with screenprinting.

To be honest. I miss it. I fucking love velvet.
>>
>>10670694
>>
Anyone see this? She relisted it for higher + with only pics from the photoshoot (aka no damage) after people called her out
>sorry for tiktok screenshot, she deleted the listing
>>
>>10670703
Jesus that's bad. How the fuck are you guys sweating brown in the first place? My sweat never looks like that on literally *anything*
>>
>>10670703
is this girl overweight? how does this even happen ffs
>>
>>10670715
It's actually the reaction with the antiperspirant which creates the yellow stain. The alternative is to just use deodorant, but then obviously you'll sweat more
>>
>>10670727
Even being overweight doesn't make you sweat yellow. Usually sweat stains are due to deodorant choices and letting yourself stew in your clothes while sweaty for an extended period of time as well. Everuone sweats and not everyone knows about deodorants causing stains but to not clean it at all before taking photos is just gross, especially if she claims she planned to take it to the cleaners anyway, why not just wait to take the listing pics?
>>
>>10670703
Vomit inducing. Bitch literally just wash your clothes
>>
>>10670727
Kelly eden is like a "kawaii influencer" or something, she's not overweight but she's the same girl iirc who tried to callout AP after they wouldn't let her return a 150k yen dress because she misread the price tag
>>
>>10670734
Oh shit is this actually Kelly Eden?? I didn't even notice but if it is I'm shocked she didn't learn her lesson about doing dumb shit in the lolita community and expecting to not get made fun of.
>>
>>10670184
I own many true corsets and the only ones that are okay to wash are mesh.
It is very common knowledge that you should NEVER wash a real corset unless you want to ruin it. Dry cleaning, spot cleaning, and airing out are okay.
>>
>>10670742
>I'm shocked she didn't learn her lesson about doing dumb shit
You need brain cells for that.
>>
>>10670734
OH SHIT I didn’t even notice it was Kelly
Kek I’m glad they’re coming after her. She was always a nuisance
>>
>>10670482
>>10670591
You're new or desperate to shit stir. They're not as horrible as you think. Shut down your computer and go for a fucking walk.
>>
>>10670591
NTA but this is not minor damage. if you have to put in time to fix the piece just so it’s wearable that’s major damage. dont know what the fuck yall are on about but I would never buy this at full price in this state.
>>
>>10670942
>if you have to put in time to fix the piece just so it’s wearable that’s major damage

This is not true. Major damage is unfixable damage or damage that even if you fix it there’a still a visible reminder like sewing up a rip in fabric.m. If you can wash a blouse and remove a stain that’s putting in time to fix it but it’s not major damage. If you can de-pill a sweater that’s putting in time to fix it but it’s not major damage. If you can resew on a button that takes time to fix but it’s not major damage. You’re an idiot.
>>
>>10670942
It can be fixed in five minutes you mental twat.
>>
Has anyone shipped with Yamato/UPS to the US from Japan? Did you get hit by customs?
>>
$50 for that stain and she listed shipping as $50 too. What the fuck.
>>
>>10671170
No. No one here has done that.
>>
>>10671199
$50 isn’t too bad for that beret with a stain that can probably be removed?
>>
>>10671170
No customs, no
>>
>>10671205
You missed where I said shipping is also $50. Plus that hat has sold for less numerous times.
>>
>>10670942
You're a fat, lazy twat, aren't you.
>>
>>10671224
God you're one of those irritating itas who bitches over listings that aren't in a price range you like. I'm not even the seller but shipping small items internationally is almost the same price as in my country. Go back to your hugbox on Facebook.
>>
>>10671199
You are so unbelievably stupid and entitled
>>
>>10670945
>>10671149
>>10671227
poorfag cope. sorry no one wants to buy your garbage.
>>
>>10671451
NTA but charging 50$ for shipping is something not even greedy scalpers do lol
>>
>>10671609
Poorfags are the one crying about prices retard
>>
>>10671227
$50 for shipping isn't normal. I've lived in 3 counties and not once did I pay more than $40. Sorry you're retarded with numbers. Maybe stop projecting that gulls with experience are the itas and not you.
>>
>>10671227
Sorry anon. I misclicked. It was meant for >>10671414
>>
>>10671451
Damn sorry I have standards. I'm not gonna pay more for NWT and that stain when I can get better for less.
>>
>>10671451
Hey anon how is that entitled?
>>
What is with the eternal meta-arguing over whether or not it's ok to complain about prices? People have complained about prices since the beginning of civilization, who gives a shit? Y'all are so weird making it some sort of bigger moral issue, it's not. Prices and a micro economy like Lolita fashion could be really interesting to discuss if people didn't get hung up on this non-issue
>>
>>10671671
Newfag lolitas are just retarded. Issue is that cgl doesn't have any real discussion anymore, outside of someone throwing shit back and forth. No one is open to conversation or discussion. The entire climate of the internet has become so closed minded.

Personally, I came onto cgl to learn shit in 2006-2011. Crafting, make up, fashion advice, sewing. Now it's just garbage. You can't even mention anything on here that would be advice, without some retard trying to inline argue with you and 'catch you' in something you never said.

TDLR: the board is trash. lolitas always complained about prices and that's why loliables/bodyline was so accepted. Now everyone thinks they are entitled to brand.
>>
>>10671637
I’m not crying about prices lmao. I can afford to spend the extra cash on a piece of jewelry that isn’t damaged. poorfags are the ones who try to sell trash because theyre so desperate to recuperate every penny spent. keep crying about it tho
>>
Out of curiosity, have any other Burgerland gulls gotten an email from paypal yet about adding tax information/social to your account for that new income tax compliance that's coming up?

It was talked about in a previous thread but it seems they're already rolling out compliance, even though my understanding was that it doesn't kick in until at least the next fiscal year?
>>
>>10672048
Yes and I’m so annoyed. I’ve tried to update it like 30 times and they keep bothering me about it. I do wish we could switch to something else for payment but it’s basically the only game in town for lm.
>>
>>10672048
I must've already done it so I haven't gotten it. I honestly thought paypal was charging extra on transactions because they were paying for the taxes for it. If that's not the thing, then I'm switching to Google Pay 100%.
>>
>>10672053
Honestly, I think it's worth it to have a conversation about other payment methods with buyers/sellers on LM at this point. You can't just have strict rules on platforms, they need to be fluid with what the environment is.
>>
>>10672057
Anyone looked at skrill? Looks like it's free for sending/receiving money. I know we need to have a platform with buyer protection, so as much as I like Google Pay it's probably out of the question until they change the way Google handles customer service relations.
>>
>>10672053
Do you know if we do not update this info this year if we'll be in the clear? For those who don't know wtf I'm talking about, here is what the email said "The IRS will soon require anyone receiving $600 in payments for goods and services to confirm their taxpayer status. As someone who's received payments through PayPal, you'll need to confirm your taxpayer status by providing your Tax ID Number to meet the requirement and avoid any disruption to your account". Next year is soon but I can't help but they aren't very clear on their expectations, they just want your info now. I am upset because I do not know how one goes about keeping track of secondhand sales for tax purposes. Some of the receipts to these things have been lost to time. It would have been kind of paypal to release a guide or something but at the end of the day we're all adults responsible for ourselves.
>>
>>10672094
>secondhand sales for tax purposes
Realistically I don't think it makes sense if we're breaking even or losing on purchases.
>>
>>10672098
I don't think it does either, but paypal has no way of determining profit on secondhand sales so they're just assuming to cover themselves.
>>
>>10672048
Not yet. I'm just gonna do my best to clear out anything in my wardrobe that I have doubts about by the end of this year. Really don't want to deal with taxes on shit I do for fun when I already have to handle freelance paperwork on top of regular taxes.
>>
>>10672053
>>10672057
OP here. My understanding is that ALL payment processors operating in the US have to abide by this new law, so I'm not certain there's even an alternative. A secure one, anyway.

>>10672094
If I'm understanding their FAQ correctly, you need to provide your tax info within 30 days of receipt of their notice or they will freeze your account. That's why I was especially concerned/surprised I hadn't seen more discussion about it on here yet.

As far as the minimums, it's supposed to be a federal level of $20k which makes more sense; but certain states like Virginia and Massachusetts have a minimum of only $600, which is why they're setting it as a blanket minimum. RIP to people in those states, that's absolutely absurd.

>>10672098
>>10672111
This is basically why I'm dubious about the enforcement of this law once it gets rolling. Secondhand sales (or 'yard sales' as the law generally blankets them) are not supposed to have to get caught in sales tax or income taxes. I have a feeling this will end up in court eventually but until then we'll all have to just deal with it.

>>10672254
Same. That was my plan anyway, but since they've already demanded my tax information I'm now afraid to go through with anymore sales. I just tallied up the sum of sales I've done this year and it's just under the $600 minimum mark and I'm afraid to chance it even though I thought the law wasn't supposed to even take effect for this year's income.

All this said I'm neither a lawyer nor a financial expert, these are all just my understanding from what reading up I've done and talking to others who have done business online for a long time.
>>
>>10672048
Sounds like a good time to become an eternal hoarder.
>>
>"waah it doesnt fit me"
>trying to sell for almost 500 usd
>>
>>10672614
you just sound like a mad poorfag
>>
>>10672625
if you're going to be a scalper-chan, just be honest about it.
>>
>>10672627
What gets me is the shipping. Like how are you going to both scalp the item To this degree and charge for shipping kek. Scalpers nickel and diming you is the worst.
>>
I've somehow got it in my head that if I keep buying second hand I'll end up with bed bugs.
>>
>>10672627
oh is cgl back in the phase where everyone charging too much for a piece is scalping?

theres an obvious difference between reselling for a price that may be dumb or ridiculous or too high for most people and actually mass buying with the intent to resell for profit

out of curiosity though how is the dress not fitting them at all related to what they charge for it?
>>
>>10672678
People who whine about scalping just feel way too entitled

>>10672627
This shit has always existed. If you are interested in AP, expect scalpers. Just because you see it on the western market, doesn't mean it doesn't trickle over from Japan. Because it does and we're obligated to pay scalper prices from Japan if we miss out. So you end up paying scalper prices on the Western market. You should at least be happy it's purchasable, without a shopping service.
>>
>>10672678
I don't give a fuck about the very obvious scalping. I give a fuck about the fact that they're lying about it.
>>
>>10672683
what are they lying about exactly? i havent noticed their account before, but the picrel on the initial callout alone just has her saying 'it doesn't fit', measurements, and the post complains about the price.

im not trying to be snarky, just wanna know what about this seller is evidence theyre a scalper and not just too chonky for a dress
>>
>>10672689
like its very obvious that "it just doesn't fit me" is not the case here. the price is related because it shows her true intent.
>>
>>10672705
how is it obvious? she has little feedback on lm despite being there for about a year which might imply she rarely sells or buys brand/secondhand and got this dress cause it was cute and was just too fat for it. its the limited color so likely bought from ap paris since they are a euro based on profile they paid close to the amount being charged. adding the same item to my cart and going to the end of checkout on the ap paris site gets me 370 euro with shipping to usa. idk how shipping and tax and customs works in the eu but it could feasibly be the amount she actually paid. even if she only paid 370 euro tho idk if a 30 euro profit is scalping.
>>
>>10672712
welp
that sucks
jesus christ that sucks
>>
>>10672721
what about it sucks? that the dress cost so much in the first place?
>>
>>10672722
All the crap that comes with buying internationally.
>>
>>10672731
First day here?
>>
>>10672712
This, I literally follow her she bought it in Paris a few days ago when she was there on a holiday (when you’re from Europe it’s easy to go to a different country on holiday, literally a 7 hour drive or 1 hour flight in her case probably)
>>
>>10672732
can't I hate things that are a normal occurrence?
>>
>>10672731
>>10672721
You should be happy that it's even available to you, newfag.

10 years ago, this wasn't even possible. So yes, paying an extra 200-300$ is what ends up happening to get the availability.
>>
>>10672733
but if you buy it in person you can try it on and see whether it fits...?
>>
>>10672755
some people don't do that sort of thing and in lolita people usually have the mindset that they'll just sell it since we usually buy online. or she bought it online and picked up in store and didn't try it on until after purchase. idk if paris has separate stock from online and in store.

either way even if she was trying to scalp shes doing an awful job of it, the dress and otks are only listed for 30 bucks more than what it likely cost. maybe she's nickel and diming on shipping but that's also not scalping. someone itt was just annoyed they didnt get the limited pink jsk i bet
>>
>>10672750
typical cgl, you point out an inconvenience and it makes you a newfag. get a more fitting insult, at least.
>>
>>10672768
It's literally a convenience. You're paying for availability. Yes, it makes you a newfag for complaining about availability.
>>
>>10672755
I don’t know, I feel like she was only in Paris for like a day or so
Her main thing was I think disneyland
>>
the jsk is literally €358,- and the socks €30,- thats €388,- together
she listed it for €18,- more, please do tell me where the scalping part is here
>>
>>10672775
Poorfags cry about anything they can’t afford
>>
>>10672776
I complained about lies and then it turned out she wasn't lying. Read the thread, nerd.
>>
>>10672769
Paying extra for availability is not a convenience.
Being able to get the piece without all that extra shit would be a convenience.
>>
>>10672781
then buy it yourself bitch
>>
>>10672780
You complained about something you made up and then got called out is what happened
>>
>>10672781
You should have bought it when it was up on Paris' site. Or are they also scalpers cause they're selling it for the same price the girl on LM did?
>>
>>10672781
It being available is literally convenience. I'm not sure what you're arguing for, newfag.

Go get a shopping service, pay the rates, the shipping, and the scalper prices in Japan if it's so much cheaper and convenient then. That's the only other option you got.
>>
>>10672783
oh noooo I admitted to my mistake and then said it sucks that all those fees exist, such a travesty...
>>
>>10672790
wait anon you accused someone of scalping for selling a new dress for a certain price without even knowing what the retail price was? geez its worse than i thought
>>
>>10672802
I don't know what it is because I don't buy from ap paris. The french are gross.
>>
>>10672809
God you're proof every salty cunt going on and on about MUB SCALPERS is a fucking covidlita. Fuck off.
>>
>>10672810
seethe harder
>>
>>10672811
Arent you the ones seething, though? Sucks to be a poorfag, innit?
>>
>>10672812
>im not angry, you're angry! waaaah!
>>
>>10672813
Mate you were just sperging and making shit up because you're too fucking stupid to know that standard prices ar AP Paris. Don't even have to buy from there, its common knowledge.
>>
>>10672815
imagine willingly learning about paris. go eat some frog legs.
>>
>>10672813
Honestly, everyone that's been into the fashion for at least a year can see you're just a salty poorfag lolita at heart.

It doesn't take 10 years to see that.
>>
>>10672816
You know, I think I will. Theres a small french restraunt that serves them down the road from me. Maybe I'll wear some of the stuff I've boughy from AP Paris' VIP sales.
Cheers for the idea anon. I hope your financial situation improves.
>>
>>10672817
ok frenchie
>>
>>10672818
Instead, they spend their time sperging on 4chan instead of working to improve their situation.
>>
>>10669119
Only thing I ever listed was some Japanese school shoes that managed to sell for a decent price even though shipping from my country to theirs was like $50
>>
>>10672819
lmao what’s your problem with french people anyways? watched emily in paris and now you hate them?
>>
>>10672894
nta but idk how anyone watches emily in paris and walks away hating the french rather than the dumbass american girl
>>
>>10672812
>Sucks to be a poorfag, innit?
>says the one having to flip niche clothes to make some pennies
Lmao
>>
>>10672902
anon no one was flipping the clothes you even admitted you didn't even know the price was totally normal. that's why you're getting made fun of. don't blindly throw out a scalping accusation again that's what got you into this mess.
>>
>>10672900
Being American
>>
>>10672900
>>10672894
>>10672902
They're probably underage. Just report them. I have a hard time believing anyone outside of their teenage years acts like this. Especially being illogically racist against French for no reason, in this day and age. You really got to have some limited experience on this earth, online, and especially in the lolita comm.
>>
>>10672614
This did hurt my heart when I saw it, ngl. It was available on AP Paris for ages, was debating it myself before it sold out and I’m hoping it randomly turns up on AP jp (like other limited colours sometimes do) because it’d be a lot cheaper from my perspective as a Britbong

I don’t think she’s gonna get her asking price but I hope she doesn’t lose too much money on it. It’s not a popular dress and might not ever be.
>>
>>10672342
Oh hell. I'm not even in one of those states nor am I at 200 transactions or 20k in sales. I've definately sold over $600 though ughhhhh. I better not have to figure out taxes for this shit this year if I give them my crap I swear to God.
>>
I was gonna buy something on wunderwelt today well I guess I'll have to wait literally 10 days, I will now cry goodbye
>>
>>10673258
Same. Shit. Do you think we can send in orders through email while the website is down?
>>
>>10673258
Same here, anyone know why? Server maintenance or something?
>>
>>10673269
this is from their ig story
>>
>>10673271
Hopefully the site won't load as annoying long after this
>>
>>10673272
this the fucking site is held together with glue and hope at this point
>>
>>10673271
The sad part is, their "renewal" is probably going to do nothing.

It sucks though. That's... a long time to be down to essentially just make the site faster.
>>
>>10673258
What were you going to get? Most stuff is listed on other websites also
>>
>>10673273
as sturdy as a hot glued Moitié headpiece
>>
>>10673326
What other websites?
>>
Why do people list things for or above the typical sale price and then call it an urgent sale. Clearly it's not that urgent. It sounds stupid but the addition of those two little words bothers me so much.
>>
>>10673325
Just before the site went down though I did notice really quick load time on most listings. it seems whatever they’re doing is noticeably helping because that was the fastest I’ve seen it run recently
>>10673335
Lol the regret is finally setting in for covidlitas. picrel
>>
>>10673335
Urgent sale and emergency sale make me not want to buy. Like sorry your life is in shambles and you need to sell your clothing, but your obvious desperation is not appealing to most people.
>>
>>10673335
Yeah, it's stupid. Same with people calling things rare in the listing title, clearly it's not that desirable or you wouldn't bother.
>>
>>10673335
>>10673405
Adding to this, why do people on LM label things "Leaving Lolita Sale"? It always makes me suspect that the seller is someone careless with money and/or the garments themselves.
>>
>>10673419
People add “leaving lolita” because it informs the seller that they will be selling a lot of items and the buyer might be interested in other things they have for sale, retard. Same reason people put “wardrobe clear out” in.
>>
>>10673420
Informs the buyer*
>>
>>10672683
>>10673335
Poor covidlitas need to go. Shit like this, and sissies, is why we need to gate keep.
>>
>>10673419
Apart from what other anon said, it also helps indicate for example that they wouldn't be interested in trades, and that since they want to get rid of stuff they might be open to offers. Things like that.
>>
>>10673333
They mean on atelier pierrrot or the original websites for the brands sold on the site, unless you were looking to buy something secondhand or wunderwelt branded.
>>
>>10673411
God i can't stand it when people price something rare and decide themselves what the price is. Just because something is rare it doesn't mean it's worth that much. I wish people would just do an action and let the people be the judge of how much the item is worth, idgaf if an auctioned item ends up being overpriced, the people have spoken.
>>
>>10673461
It's also old as shit and has been around since EGL sales. We used it as a way to indicate we were trying to get rid of things in bulk, so check other orders or expect large volume of sales coming out from them.
>>
>>10673523
Closet Child does the same thing if you bother to look. Shut the hell up.
>>
>>10673333
>>10673522

Yeah atelier peirrot does free worldwide shipping and they let me order without tax when I just emailed them
>>
>>10670219
I would literally videotape myself packing it up and paying for tracking at the post office to have proof for Paypal when they come investigating. Any update on this btw?
>>
For real, has anyone gotten bedbugs from buying secondhand?
>>
Is it just me or does this look like a pretty nasty tear?

I'm not sure how they can claim that's an 'easy fix.' If I can't fix it with a small sewing kit, then I don't think it's easy.. It looks like the fabric/thread is unraveling.

Surprises me they think they can get 150$ for that. Small stains cause AP dresses to drop to like 50$ and you have a better chance of fixing those.
>>
>>10673691
It's on a seam. That's not a difficult fix at all, you just have to be careful to make sure you catch all the unraveling parts of the fabric and secure it so it doesn't run any further.

I don't know what part of a dress I'm looking at here but if it's in any area that experiences a lot of movement stress I'd personally reinforce it but if you're not packing yourself into a dress and stretching it to the seams to begin with it should be fine.
>>
>>10673691
Its hidden by the lace and desu not hard to fix. Just get stuff meant to stop fraying so it doesnt spread and then sew it with similar pink thread, if you did it well it wont be noticable.
>>
>>10673691
its just you
>>
>>10673642
I have over 750 orders through my ss all second hand and never had a problem with bed bugs. Rarely buy on lm though.
>>
>>10673642
I’ve never seen a story with proof of this happening in the lolita community
>>
>>10673691
If you can't fix this with a small sewing kit you can't fix anything.
>>
>>10673753
I can do basic stitches. I'm not a seamstress, expecting that out of someone with an emergency sewing kit is literally expecting way too much.
>>
>>10673761
It’s really not a hard fix….. Interfacing on the bottom if it’s a high stress point, hand sew with similar thread to catch the threads, maybe some fraycheck if you think it needs it. It’s all hidden under the lace too so it doesn’t even need to be perfect. That’s like 5 bucks in materials. Don’t buy it if you can do a basic mend.
>>
Finally, just what I've been looking for! The sex set!
>>
>>10673761
This is literally a basic stitch fix. If you can't fix it I seriously doubt you can even do a running stitch.
>>
>>10673691
Fuck off with crying over dresses that are easy to fix, gnomie.
>>
Ugh selling on LM is so much effort, you have to take photos and describe every single possible flaw in case the buyer's crazy. Honestly thinking of just taking my dresses to goodwill at this point.
>>
>>10675375
Just write "sold as-is, no refunds" if you want to be a lazy fuck
>>
Not lolita, but I bought a cute pair of shorts from Japanese mercari and they arrived with a crusty splotch in the crotch. I fucking wish I'm trolling because that was disgusting.
>>
File: 21-09-25-h-1.jpg (29 KB, 426x640)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
CC has really gone downhill. I saw this warped Atelier Pierrot crinoline being sold for 7700 yen
>>
How long would you wait before leaving neutral/negative for a listing you BIN and the seller seems to be AWOL? I sent a message after a week but I'm not sure how much longer I should wait before giving up. Or just don't bother leaving feedback since no sale really took place?
>>
File: Wwshopping.jpg (492 KB, 1080x1831)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
Got this as an email from WW. Do they really mean we won't be able to see our purchase history? ("Shopping record cannot be viewed")
That makes me worry. I have items I bought that haven't been shipped, and now I have to dig through my email to find order numbers with no other proof that I bought them? I would have screenshotted all my past orders just for fun, if I had known.
The site isn't live yet, so I can't even check.
>>
>>10677126
Also I'm not sure what "website members that resigned" means.
>>
The front page of new listings on LM right now is a replica, a meme necklace, that new etsy shop spammer and a goth Halloween costume. What has this site come to?
>>
>>10678027
I honestly don’t know why they bother with mods. I would literally pay a fee to keep that shit off and have actual measures in place to keep people like that off the platform.
>>
>>10678256
You do realize they’re volunteers? Do you know how much time it takes to police a site like LM? And no, no you would not pay a fee you just want to bitch about it.
>>
>>10677119
Maybe I’m a Karen but two weeks at most. At that point they’re either dead or ignoring you intentionally.
>>
File: oof.jpg (92 KB, 800x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
This is a pretty serious scalp given that the necklace is $18 new on Taobao.

>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c-s.w4002-21241869862.76.61134815tTOVmb&id=655441589243
>>
>>10678429
Kek. Maybe it’s a typo? Can’t wait to hear her explanation. “Shipping and customs”
>>
>>10678273
Nayrt but coming from similar a moderation situation- yes, I do, and it's less than you think. For how slow the site is these days and how few new listings go up a day now?
>>
>>10678429
She reduced the price by $10 SGD. Definitely not a typo >>10678545
>>
>>10678685
Classy.

>>10678678
Speak for yourself my experience modding lm was hell. I’d literally make a thread if it wouldn’t id me
>>
>>10678310
I mean shit happens anon. I usually give a couple weeks just in case something went badly for them. I don’t expect somebody to be on it with their LM in a crisis.
>>
>>10677006
CC has gone full scalper. they literally bumped up all the boz prices kek. May as well start putting in MTO orders.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.