[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: E-FHgfsVIAMCz6U.jpg (131 KB, 533x800)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Last thread: >>10604890

Discuss new releases, share coords, and ask your classic-related questions
>>
File: E-FHo-XVIAMgxeN.jpg (79 KB, 533x800)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
VM rereleased Antique Rose Doll!
>http://www.victorianmaiden.jp/SHOP/102574/153647/list.html
>>
I always love to see them rerelease their signature pieces, although I’ve never been a big fan of this one. Hope they keep it up!
>>
File: _MG_6189mt.jpg (166 KB, 533x800)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>10665852
This release has been such a ride. Mauve, Mint and Blue all sold out by the 3rd hour (in that order), and then everything was restocked. Mint completely sold out after that.

I'm excited for my mint dress to arrive! I don't have any mint in my wardrobe but I felt it was the most versatile colourway, so I went for it. To me, the mauve and blue colourways lacked contrast and depth. Did anyone else get anything from this release?
>>
>>10665850
>>10665895
I went for the navy dress and I'm so excited! I like the lighter colours too but for some reason I was really drawn to the combo of the pink, green and blue, it makes me think of a pond with flowers floating in it.

I hope VM keeps doing these rereleases in these types of colours. Not saying they should never experiment or anything but judging by the fact they already can't keep many of the colourways in stock it's clear this is the quintessential VM style everyone loves and will throw money at them for rather than elasticated waist dresses and that weird coral.
>>
File: newjetj.png (1.03 MB, 1024x481)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
New Jetj:
https://juliette-et-justine.com/products/francois-de-cuvillies

I think there is a lot of wasted potential. The ivory x blue looks fine, but the other colourways should have been all black and a more dusty lavender - more like the Antique doll OP. I still hope that this release does well. I want more non printed dresses in the future.
>>
File: sale jetj.png (1.87 MB, 1178x1166)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
JetJ is also holding a small sale as it seems:
https://juliette-et-justine.com/collections/flash-sale
>>
>>10665923
the bodice looks like it's got the rectangle marquee box in photoshop on it lol
>>
>>10665881
Same boat, I think my experience with that bust line falling in the wrong place in the past (not VM though) makes me leery of this sort of design. But I'm delighted they're doing this re-release rather than another formless polyester nightmare.
>>
It’s a lovely dress! I wish we could see the mauve and light blue versions in full.
i’m debating if I should get it despite the panels not matching. Has VM always not cared too much about matching panels? Most of my dresses are solid so i can’t really check
>>
>>10666028
They were super anal about the patterns matching with my Regimental Stripe, but not so much with the florals. Though to be fair it's a lot less noticeable on the florals.
>>
>>10666005
Do we know how tall the model is? That is always really helpful when trying to figure out how things might fit.
>>
File: _MG_6179.jpg (146 KB, 533x800)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>10665852

I ended up getting bordeaux because it's quite rare to see this cut with a darker complementary solid. Here's to hoping it doesn't bleed too much. Congrats on everyone who got mint!
>>
>>10666099
Not sure! I suspect somewhere between 155-165cm since most of the brand models fall in that range. I'm fairly certain that Antique Rose Doll would be generally fine on me, I'm just recalling my bitterness over MM Fraise Cerise OP cutting through the middle of my chest when I had it as DD for years prior.
>>
Did anyone see Innocent World's tweet today about production numbers for the season? It basically said that they won't be able to produce as many pieces as they had hoped due to materials shortages from covid (this is after the feedback they addressed some months back about customers complaining that things sold out too quickly.)

I hope they don't go under just because they can't produce enough pieces to make ends meet...
>https://twitter.com/innocent_w_jp/status/1433683853458083841

>>10665923
This is so pretty in theory and from straight-on, but I wonder how it's going to look in motion and on anyone with more than A-cups.

I agree about the colorways, though. I do like the ivory with the black but I think it looks sort of unbalanced.

>>10666099
They have two usual models (not counting Kurumi who models for them occasionally) which are designers. If I remember correctly the taller one (she has a more oval/longer face) is around 5'4" and the shorter one is around 5', maybe even a little less. I remember her being quite short.
>>
>>10665923
I don't trust JetJ anymore after they scammed a customer out of a parasol.
>>
>>10667665
Lol
>>
>>10667665
Lol she got it recently.
>>
>>10667744
>>10667666
Deets?
>>
>>10667876
Someone ordered a parasol and dress and JetJ shipped them a tiny box with just the dress but had both items on the packing slip. The person emailed multiple times over the course of a couple months and they totally ghosted, until one day a few months later it randomly showed up.
>>
>>10667916
So nobody was scammed they just forgot to pack an item and sent it once the customer reminded them…
>>
>>10667920
You're right. Not a scam, just bad customer service.
>>
>>10667920
The customer didn’t simply remind them, they had to hound them on multiple platforms for several months before they sent it. It wasn’t a scam in the end but that’s enough to make me not want to bother with them anymore.
>>
>>10667939
Ok then don’t. But nobody was scammed, don’t spread rumors
>>
>>10667942
I'm the original poster, >>10667939 isn't me. There's reason enough not to trust JetJ after that. Plus their quality majorly dipped in recent years.
>>
File: E9T_yI4VIAQEI60.jpg (479 KB, 1536x2048)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>10666028
If you're looking for more photos of the Mauve, Misako modelled it
https://twitter.com/aokimisako/status/1429048231099465731
>>
File: E-FbfoZVkAEhfxg.jpg (290 KB, 1708x1281)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>10666028
>>10668181
KERAshop also has more photos up
>>
File: chocolat.jpg (179 KB, 900x1406)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>10665923
drop-waist 80s prom queen insanity god damn

chocolat classique did the pleated chiffon way better
>>
>>10669293
Man the bodice on Chocolat Classique looks so sloppy in the photo you posted.
>>
>>10668181
Misako is so pretty and this looks so cute on her TwT
>>
So I've been thinking about making some artist alley stuff that's more catered to the classical look, but I'm not entirely sure there's much overlap other than shit I want to make for myself because I have to be at a con for selling. Is there any demand for things like washi tape/microfiber cloth/lanyards that are styled after classical color palettes and floral motifs?

Brooches/other accessories are the obvious things, but I was curious what everyone's thoughts on the above are.
>>
>>10670536
Depends, is the stuff you plan on making super classic lolita specific? If not I think you could probably market towards gen z tiktok aesthetic trends like cottagecore or academia and do decently well the same way generic kawaii stuff appeals to/works for sweets without being called sweet lolita.

Classic lolita on its own is probably too niche for conventions though, unless you have a big local comm that really likes classic or something.
>>
>>10670536
I'm not sure why anyone would be buying specifically from you for classic lolita if you're just making a bunch of junk everyone else makes.

If you're making accessories, you have to stand out somehow.

What this anon said is true. >>10670652

It's too niche to make money off of classic lolita as a general-item related thing. Classic lolita isn't nearly as popular as most of the other sub genres right now, considering the second hand market prices are dirt.
>>
>>10670652
>>10670655
Really appreciate the responses, and you both bring up excellent points. Ideally I'd want to make enough to cover costs of manufacturing a given item, but also wouldn't want to have to hold onto a bunch of unsold things either so considering more popular adjacent styles makes a lot more sense.

For accessories I'd just be looking toward covering cost of materials with any extra things made after making some stuff for myself.

I do apologize if my initial statement sounded like I'm trying to make a quick buck though, that's definitely not my intention.
>>
>>10670678
Don't worry anon, I don't think you came across that way at all. It's just that classic in general is pretty unpopular within the demographic of western con-goers you would be trying to sell to, and amongst western lolitas in general.
>>
>>10670536
Not if it's classical lolita only. It's literally at the lowest point in popularity right now with the OTT sweet/kawaii resurgence. If you're crossing over into that fake living on a 70s commune/cottagecore or the faux preppy academia English school uniform shit, then yes.
>>
File: E--IwA9VQAEltgZ.jpg (602 KB, 1536x2048)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
Dreaming Drop's latest release, currently available at the events they are vending at. Comes in 3 different florals.
https://twitter.com/DreamingDrop/status/1436517172969283586
>>
I am going to write my yearly suggestion email to VM soon, are there any suggestions anons would like me to add to the email?

The last round I asked for a Classical Doll and Antique Rose Doll rerelease which seem to have been taken. I also asked for shoes made of genuine leather, but it seems that one wasn't taken. This time, I'll probably ask for more layering pieces and Rococo Bouquet and Classical Bouquet rereleases.
>>
>>10672346
I'd love to see a rerelease of their staple Lace Ribbon stand collar blouses and Victorian Frill cardigan series, it's been a few years I think since they released them and it's impossible to find that cardigan anymore (especially in colors other than black).

As far as dresses I'd love to see a release of Victorian Noble Frill velveteen/velour or the cotton versions of the Noble series, even with more varied designs. Those are some of my favorites of their tailored solid items.
>>
>>10672346
They're probably never going to rerelease Rococo Bouquet. The fabric manufacturer discontinued the print.
>>
>>10672670
It's not like they cannot release it in the same cut but with a different floral pattern.
>>
>>10672715
For one they do rerelease cuts, and the RB is the print do no if they do a different floral it isn’t the same.
>>
>>10672715
What makes something Rococo Bouquet is it being made from that specific fabric. In its heyday, Rococo Bouquet was one of VM's most iconic series. It's not going to be replaceable by any other floral.
>>
>>10672670
link to fabric manufacturer?
>>
File: collage.png (1.3 MB, 1024x570)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>10672346
Anything in this pic. Ludovica Gathers JSK and Elegant Lacey Frill Long OP would be my top 2 picks. We also need more top items. The "Scallop Lace" and "Lisl" series had lovely items imo which I would love to see re-released.
>>
>>10672954
I know someone selling that mint JSK. are you interested?
>>
>>10672962
Different anon, what is the dress name?
>>
>>10675834
Lisl Lace Fairy JSK
https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-lisl-lace-fairy-jsk
>>
>>10675862
Thank you!
>>
>>10667916
Wow

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.