[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

167 more days to go(?)

Registration open. Not sure about hotel blocks.
>>
Going there for the first time next year (along with flying to Ohio for the first time.
Worth it in a mid pandemic world?
>>
>>10664738
Pre-pandemic? Yes
Mid-pandemic? Fuck no.
>>
>>10664386
There are a ton of hotels in the convention area, most of them are connected to the convention center via skywalks. The Drury Inn is great because of how close you are to the con, the Hyatt is great if you are trying to go to the party floor on floor 4 and you are literally in the convention center. The elevator is terribly slow and crowded though so expect to use the stairs most of the time. I am underselling the party floor but it is literally where young adults go for drinking and cosplay sex. The con atmosphere is still fun but the panels are kind of crap (a lot of basic Toonami type shows Q&A's or things titled "Being Gay in Anime" led by some 19 year old.) This year was a discord only con which was the saddest thing I ever witnessed from a con. I'm going next year because I'm hoping it bounces back.
>>
>>10665171
That sounds like fun.
>>
Thinking of going there as well.
>>
>>10664386

How is this con anyways in terms of friendliness and chillness. I need to get new friends and a possible new partner to share my feelings with and do other stuff with and to
>>
>>10666673
If you’re gay/lesbian, it’s a LGBT friendly con.
>>
>>10664738
It really depends on if there’s a mask policy or not, most of us here living in Ohio are kind of sick of the mask policy coming back into play and have chosen to deliberately ignore it. I live down the street from Ohayo and usually can’t make it due to MAGFEST or ALA being around the same time but due to the schedule change I might consider going this time around.
>>
>>10666902
ALA bad Ohayocon are a month apart. Can’t go to ALA due to blackout dates at work
>>
>>10666902
Most likely there’s gonna be a mask mandate that literally no one will follow
>>
>>10666938
I can only do Ohayo this year because it’s not in January. I can’t speak much about ALA next year tho, the only time I went I made a fuck ton of friends though.

>>10667112
Well, it’s a coin flip between the con cops yelling at me for sitting on the stairs too close to the mulch or someone losing their shit because I didn’t wear a muzzle for like 2 fucking minutes.
>>
>>10666902
The rest of the world is too and also want Trump back too as well
>>
>>10669512
I'm so sick of politics from both sides of the fence. I just want to do rampant alchoholism and nerd the fuck out like the good old days.
>>
>>10669873
But unfortunately, that’s what’s stopping cons from actually happening once.

RIP Ontario Anime Los Angeles
>>
>>10670017
Okay I’ve been actually away from /cgl/ for quite a few years. Did a real human unironically make that?
>>
Is this worth flying over to?

t. Westcoastfag
>>
>>10670524
Uh, considering I've been to both Ohayo and (Ontario) ALA, I would say no. At least ALA gets all of it's convention center used, and has room parties spanning like 3-4 different hotels altogether. Ohayo's been fucking weird with it's room party policy since the Hyatt always requires a fucking wristband to get in nowadays. But since California's kind of fucked right now, I'd say it might be worth your time. I'll say if you're looking for a party con though, Colossalcon Texas' Maiden debut is in November.
>>
>>10670525
What made you wanna fly to ohayocon?
>>
>>10670810
Oh I live in Ohio, down the street from the con center. I got family in both Ohio and California however.. What made me want to go to ALA was really just a change of scenery. I usually have to pick between Ohayo, Magfest or ALA because they all overlap.
>>
>>10670817
That’s my reason for going, that and my PTO for ALA got denied
>>
>>10670823
Well shit dude, if I see you closer towards the con I'll have to buy you a beer or something. Least I can do is be friendly towards strangers.
>>
File: IMG_2581.jpg (228 KB, 1919x1957)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>10670826
>currently saving up money for the astronomical hotel fee (possibly coming alone)
>don’t have enough cash to get a hotel within reasonable distance until October 1st
Should I worry?
>>
>>10671234
I wouldn’t. Red Roof is a short walk from the con center itself and Drury Inn is like right across from the con center. But all things considered I don’t think they’ll sell out this year bro. I’m waiting to see what the mask policies are like too before I even bother showing up in cosplay.
>>
>>10671237
Hyatt Columbus did (I think)
>>
>>10671268
>Hyatt

Oh I never stayed in the Hyatt, Elevator Fiesta is not worth the trouble.
>>
>>10671281
>elevator fiesta
Elaborate.
>>
>>10671303
>Saturday night (and Friday)
>Don't even bother using the elevators between the hours of 6PM until 2 AM. Always full, hope you like climbing 32 stories.
>>
>>10671237
>But all things considered I don’t think they’ll sell out this year bro
I sure hope so.
>>
File: 1594958359945.jpg (180 KB, 677x678)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>10671538

If it gets to the point where Ohayo dies, than that means the only con worth going to in Ohio is Colossal.
>>
>>10671542
When’s that?

Also kinda weird that Ohayocon threads aren’t getting much traction on /cgl/
>>
>>10672123
Which one? colossal East is this weekend in Poconos PA, Sandusky (Ohio) is first weekend of June, and Colossal Texas (Austin) is in November. I’m tooling up for Austin because I’ve been busy all summer to get ready for either Sandusky or East. As for the thread not generating hype, I mean it’s like 6 months out, you’ll probably see more people talking closer towards the con happening.
>>
>>10672126
Thinking of Austin for me since the other one is too close to Anime Expo and one of my close friends are in the Austin area as well so might as well hit too birds with one stone depending on how much PTO I have left
>>
>>10672149
Well, shit if you’re the same anon I’ve been talking to this entire time, I don’t mind buying you that beer in Colossal Texas then. Least I can do for a buddy I have to play tour guide to anyways, at least when you touch down in Columbus for Ohayo.
>>
>>10672155
Not this year but next year
>>
>>10672168
Oh alright. Hit me up whenever then, I should be around for the time being.
>>
>>10672181
I’m going to ohayocon in 2022 just not ColossalCon Austin in 2021, it’s too early to plan and file time off for it. ColossalCon 2022 is a maybe atm
>>
>>10672191
Those are both Ohio conventions. Either way, am I expecting a trap or a woman this time around
>>
>no guest announcements at all
>no official(?) hotel blocks open this time around
Should we be afraid?
>>
>>10672711
Nah, I think blocks will open up in October. I don’t recall them ever being open earlier than that
>>
>>10672718
ALA usually does it 7 months in advance
>>
>>10672778
That’s California though. Ohio’s a bit different
>>
>>10672718
Do they announce guests at the last minute like AX?
>>
>>10673004
I don’t know, I’m not a dubsfag
>>
>>10673007
I take it they don’t hire Japanese guests?
>>
>>10673053
If they did I would probably have been excited over that. This is why I was questioning why you were flying
>>
>>10673054
Just a change of scenery is all.
>>
>>10673066
So uh, you ever had Skyline Chili before?
>>
>>10673068
Have never been to Ohio, period.
>>
>>10673070
It’s pretty good.
>>
>>10673110
https://youtu.be/3ZMZsIn4B_U
Ngl, that looks pretty bomb.
>>10672193
I’m a guy. Sorry.
>>
>>10673148
>I’m a guy sorry.

Sorry for what? It means I don’t have to walk on egg shells and make a new bro friend over the weekend. That works out for me either way.
>>
File: IMG_3800.jpg (43 KB, 285x384)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10673110
>that much cheese
>>
>>10673299
Yeah dude, Skyline Chili is bomb. North Market across the street from the GCCC isnt that bad too but it gets double congested due to the amount of people thanks to the con center. I personally choose Prestons (Burgers, Pic Rel), Hugo’s (Polish place) and the seafood place (Lobster poutine) as my top 3 but I know everyone goes in on the Curry place and the Vietnamese pho shop in there.
>>
>>10673321
Any other foodie places you prefer?
>>
>>10673694
Within con walking distance? I can’t say but it’s Downtown and the arena district is literally next door, so the sky’s the limit on gentrified food options. Food court has a Dominos Pizza (Flat Bread, Pepperoni cups style), a gyro and burger place ran by a greek couple, chicken and waffles, obligatory mall Chinese food, an ice cream shop which is.. pretty solid, and other stuff.

I think on the other side of the convention center there’s a boba tea distributor now. Because I know there’s one in North Market for sure.
>>
>>10673699
Was kinda hoping skyline would be within walking distance but I guess I gotta take a lyft
>>
>>10673909
Closest one is going to be in South High which is like a ... 15 min drive away from the con? Depending on the day you hypothetically hit me up, I might be inclined to just take you there myself.
>>
>>10673694
Melt in Short North, it's ~10 minute free bus ride from the Hyatt
>>
>>10674406
It’s two blocks north of the GCCC, assuming we arnt in the single digits by then because it’s February, easily walking distance.
>>
>>10672711
Yes, I even contacted them. Still no word.
>>
>>10670817
No shit anon, are you on campus or just on High? I’m in the same boat and planning to use Ohayocon as a shake down test for Katsu.
>>
>>10675333
Uh, Parsons actually! Taking care of my parents rn while I work on a few projects for CCTX. Not a college student unfortunately.
>>
>>10675333
Shake down test?
>>
>>10675916
Probably as a replacement con. Since Katsu is usually in Feb but now Ohayo is in Feb.
>>
>>10675916
Sorry bit more of a /k/ term than a /cgl/ term. It’s like a trial run to see if anything breaks, don’t want things failing spectacularly when I get to Katsu a week later.
>>
>>10676363
>Trial Run

Soft armor or hard armor?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.