[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CCEheader01.jpg (295 KB, 1897x629)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
What are everyone's hopes/expectations for this con? Colossal Ohio didn't enforce masks, and the Kalahari gives zero fucks, so this could be a rare mask-free convention.
Personally I'm just looking forward to chilling at the water park and punishing my liver with as many $30 drinks as I can handle.
>>
>>10662567
Sorry, too busy dealing with diversity to make the con fun.
>>
>>10662567

>all that sjw garbage for panels.
>>
I did fuck all to work on cosplays during lockdown, so this will probably be the first con I'll be a normal attendee.

Downside: my attention seeking ass isn't validated with people asking for photos.

Upside: no physical inconveniences of maintaining my costume.

I just want the con schedule to drop already. They've been getting worse and worse.

Anyone psyched for Mystery Skulls playing though?
>>
>>10662567
It's first con, so I'm just hoping to have fun and meet people into the same stuff, or maybe cosplaying from the same source as me(2 of 3 days are gonna be a bit obscure). Going into it with 0 expectations!
>>
>>10662740
my first*
>>
>>10662676
>Mystery Skulls

uh
>>
>>10662740
If you're not staying at the hotel, park as early as possible, the lot space is trash and you'll either end up in the grass or all the way down by the rope attraction lot.

Also if you're not by the local area and you're an adult, it's in the boonies, so 24/7 food isn't available unless you drive 20 minutes to a Wawa
>>
>>10662676
The con schedule has been posted already. Check their website (it's under the Things to Do section).

>>10662740
If you're looking for other people cosplaying your character or from its fandom in general, you should check the list of meetups on the CCE website (under Participate > Host a Cosplay meetup / photoshoot).
>>
>>10662775
good to know, thank you!
>>10662780
thank you also! i'll definitely check it out
>>
>>10662658
So what will they talk about with "So you want to start an Onlyfans" panel
>>
This year I promise I will not get shitfaced and make an ass if myself in the water park. They selling the water park tickets Thursday night btw?
>>
File: ccerules.jpg (77 KB, 618x309)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
They're saying masks are required in the convention area.
They also said this prior to the Ohio convention, and they did not enforce it at all. But I'm sure they mean it this time. Kek.
>>
I used to get so excited every time a schedule for a con came out and would spend an hour pouring over all the details and marking down each panel, photoshoot, etc I wanted to go to. Looking at this schedule, I don't feel any of the same spark of excitement about any of the activities. Am I just getting old or does the programming for this year genuinely suck?
>>
>>10663759
Mask policy announcement is just to appease and keep outrage down.
>>
>>10663803
I can't comment on the panels since I rarely attend them, but I can relate to the feeling of lack of excitement about upcoming cons. Everything just seems fucking terrible since the pandemic started.
But in all honestly, Colossalcon's actual convention has always been very lackluster. It's the venue and the people that make it great. Spend most of your time in the waterpark, have some drinks, and hit up a few photoshoots if you're cosplaying something related to them. You'll probably have a good time.
>>
>>10663809
thank you for the encouragement, anon, it's definitely boosted my mood some
>>
>>10663803
Vibe, I've always poured over the panels, with rave and burlesque shows being my top time spent. Since both aren't happening and these panels heavily lacking, this year I'll actually attend the cosplay competitions, enjoy the after hours Waterpark, and actually wait the long lines to play in the arcade room.
>>
>>10663812
Haha I'll probably pass by you a few times then, the game room and cosplay competitions were my backup plan since none of the other programming looks too entertaining
>>
>>10663803
You are not the only one. I looked at the schedule and well fuck there’s literally nothing to do.
>>
>>10663759
It says you can opt out of a mask and to not bully those without masks, so just sounds like they are covering their asses from the seething maskies who for some reason attended a con in the first place.
>>10663803
It's pretty shit, but also being an ass in the LGBT or onlyfans panel drunk sounds like fun.
>>
>>10664479
meh, i agree those panels don't really make sense at an anime con (unless they were specifically 'how to support your cosplay w onlyfans' or 'lgbt in anime' or at least something vaguely on-topic) but desu if youre gonna be a drunk asshole, can you at least be funny and not just slur get rekt libtard until you get removed... there's nothing more cringe than that one guy who thinks he's a comedian after too much mad dog
>>
Are the panels at CCE this year significantly worse than other cons? I don't attend panels, but from what I've seen listed at various cons, it seems like they all have a bunch of lgbtsjwblm type of stuff these days. And even if they aren't woke, it's some other boring bullshit hosted by some random costhot that's just doing it for the free badge, and put a minimal amount of effort in.
Are there really panels that are fun and exciting??
>>
>>10664641
Some of the 18+ panels can be fun when it's later and you've had a few drinks like the dub a hentai. They also have some good informative how to build cosplay or how to do makeup panels, and some you get to make little things and take them with you. There are a couple trivia panels with prizes that are decent too. Other than that yeah, panels are pretty much just boring ass slideshows ran by retarda with no humor and also have nothing to do with anime.

The panels this year for east are worse than normal though.
>>
Hopefully this thread can last two weeks
>>
>>10667736
Yeah, pretty much every con thread on here is dead these days.
My hopes for this con are actually pretty high since all I care about is water park, booze, and partying. I don't think pandemic shit will ruin those things.
Hopefully attendance won't be too far off of normal. I wouldn't mind if it dropped a bit, maybe it'd be like it was in its first year, which was chill as fuck.
>>
>SO YOU WANT TO RUN AN ONLY FANS.

L m a o
>>
File: img_1_1630748633442.jpg (128 KB, 1081x1351)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>10664641
This is due to the pandemic. It hinders the attendance of the people who host the fun panels and the ones who do want to go out and host them are pretty fuckin backwards most of the time. Colossal main was like that as well. It will also hinder the artist alley and dealer room quality.
Anyone wanna do a meet up? Just chat and have a drink at one of the bars.
>>
>>10667757
Whole Kalahari con block is booked and they have overflow to the great wolf lodge. Don't remember that ever being the case any previous year. So sounds like this could be a high attendance amount actually.
>>10667902
/cgl/ con meets have always been a thing. Just remember to ask as in the thread when it's up during the con
>>
>>10667907
I probably will then. None of that "whos looking to sex" shit. Just chatting. Too old for that extra work.
>>
>>10667912
What time you looking to meet up?
>>
>>10667917
Id like Friday at 1 or 2. I haven't seen the schedule though and I want to be get judged for the craftsmanship competion.
>>
>>10667919
Ah, I'm looking for late night pool/drinking buddies as the people I'm going with aren't night owls unfortunately.
>>
File: 1587008200945.jpg (44 KB, 407x500)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>10667925
I got buddies for that. Chat with me sober before we decide to party with eachother. By sober I mean not hyped on jaeger bombs, just casually coasting.
>>
>>10667919
Most people will still probably be registering by then. Should try for dinner time
>>
>>10667925
>>10667943
Also anons this sounds good. I don't plan on getting wasted either this time. Last time I had to stay in bed for 8 hours and ruined my Saturday. I have two buddies and having late night swim bros sounds good.
>>
>>10667965
I don't want to get wasted either, just have fun and create memories and make friends. Naturally I'm shy and reclusive, so I wanna try and put myself out there.
>>
>>10667963
Honestly its a full weekend. I'm sure we can send up a flare in this thread if we wanna do multiple somethings.
>>10667965
That sounds awful. Dont go that hard at these things. You always feel like you wasted a day. Also hydration is key to long drinking.
>>
>>10668006
Those captain's revenges are no joke lmao
>>10668002
Being shy at an anime con is dumb. You have these 200% autists running around screaming reddit memes at everyone. You can't possibly top that
>>
Only about a week and a half away from the convention now. I'm actually kinda excited for it.
I hope my optimism isn't misplaced.
I'm always have a little bit of doubt in my mind about this con after that one year that the Kalahari decided the con was over Sunday morning and kicked all the cosplayers and photographers out of the waterpark.
>>
>>10668028
>Captains Revenge
For me it's the Mudslide. Captain's Revenge is like the choice pick for multiple Kalahari regulars though, so it's solid.
>>10667965
Don't over stay your time in the Hot tub bar. It will fuck you up more than you expect it to.
>>10669101
Ah I remember that year, me and a few bros were on the way home when we saw the shit fit on Facebook. Had a chuckle though. Speaking of photoshoots, I kind of miss the nature trail that leads to the water falls in particular but fuck walking in heavy armor down to that area again. Nice secluded spot away from the usual.
>>10668002
"Hey, I like your cosplay can I take a picture?"
"Do you have an Instagram or Facebook so I can tag you?" OR "Hey, do you mind if I tag around?" most folks will be inclined to let you if you're friendly enough. Ez.
>>
>>10669105
I've always wanted to get some photos at the waterfall, but it seems like it's always chilly during CCE. I know it's September in the Poconos so I realize on average it will be in the mid 60s, but it seems like every year a cold front hits during CCE, and it's more like mid to high 50s.
>>
>>10669132
Honestly, it isn't that bad. There's enough trees to break the wind, and it's more of a humid hike more than anything else. I would do it anyways if you have a costume that can handle it, or at least bring a light coat.
>>
>>10669132
The outside hot tub felt amazing at night tho
>>
>>10669105
>>10668028
Easier said than done anons. I'm a nervous wreck that has an internal fight every time to approach or say something to someone. But I'll try.
>>
Are any anons good at wig styling. I suck at it and might not have it ready by con time. Please respond. I gib like $20 or somethin.
>>
>>10669252
You act like nobody here has/or has had anxiety. It's literally nothing. Just have two drinks, no more or less, and then repeat "fuck it" in your head while leaving your body on auto pilot when you approach someone.
>>
>>10669312
Others having anxiety has nothing to do with mine though. It's as if you have zero understanding of basic psychology. Stop being a retard before you decide to give advice equivalent to a middle school girl. Drinking doesn't help, I already said I'd try. Drop it at that, you nig.
>>
>>10669252
Bruce Lee methods. Don’t think, do.
>>
Anyone know where I can get E pills at this con? Going to pop one on my gf so she can stop being depressed and maybe we can actually have fun at this con and in our hotel room
>>
>>10669378
>I'm just so special! My anxiety is more special than anyone else's! I'm just so special
Lol. You're not special. Your "anxiety" is the same as everyone else's. Quit being a pussy.
>>
>>10669503
Never said I was special, faggot.
Only that others having anxiety doesn't make mine easier to deal with.

Now get back to the thread topic.
>>
>>10669747
You imply your "anxiety" is somehow more difficult to deal with than other people's. It's not. You're getting real upset over a suggestion because of your weak mind.
>>
Why won't a Gura cosplayer gargle my balls?
>>
>>10669860
Go to bed JetKirby
>>
File: 1625990473321.png (162 KB, 424x390)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
Do any tall girls want me to bully them for being a chuuni retard? please please please please please please I need this
>>
File: 1544141191043.png (108 KB, 384x347)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>10669862
Isn't he that non-passing crossplayer?
>>
File: 1623652596284.png (1.23 MB, 714x1118)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
hey guys what's up
>>
File: 1570335970288.jpg (71 KB, 1048x730)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10669864
>>
>>10669865
not much, gonna get bullied by >>10669863
>>
File: 1624181701361.jpg (84 KB, 750x750)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>10669864
true
>>
What the fuck.
>>
File: 1603685909934.png (150 KB, 229x364)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>10669872
Is there a problem?
>>
Hey guise whats going on in this thread?
>>
Do you think cute traps will let me tongue their anuses at this con?
>>
>>10669417
Not sure if bait, but don't give your gf that if she's already depressed, the come down could manke her an hero
also maybe just dont pop drugs on your partner without their knowlede in general but wtf do i know
>>
CCE is only a week away now!
I'm actually really fucking hype for it. Yet at the same time I'm horrified that it could go badly, and the disappointment of that would be absolutely crushing.
If I just stick to drinking, partying, and waterparking, I guess there isn't a whole lot that could go wrong. Right??
>>
>>10670546
>stick to drinking
Well yeah nothing bad has ever come about by drinking!
>>
File: nstan9d3qbe71.png (2.29 MB, 1200x952)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>
File: 1599887281521.jpg (56 KB, 365x365)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>10670116
>Colossalcon East becomes that spooky haunted con that one girl died in during COVID season because anon gave her e pills.

No joke, I would do the most tasteless Zach Bagans cosplay at Poconos Kalahari from that point on because the concept of a haunted convention is fucking hilarious to me.
>>
>>10669275
I’ll do it for you at the con, drop your email

>>10670546
Same, I’m excited and repressing my covid fears by saying fuck it!
>>
Can't wait to get laid at this con. Been a hot minute since I got my pp wet :3
>>
>>10669797
Good reading comprehension. It's never too late to go back to school, anon.
>>
Where is this waterfall you people are talking about?

I didn't explore kalahari the first time I went. I just stood in the panel lobby area. This will be my second con and this time I wanna explore everything.
>>
>>10670955
It's not too far a walk from the Kalahari. Someone made a video with directions to it a while back. Do a search on YT or ask in one of the CCE FB groups.
You're really missing out if you only do the regular convention stuff. CCE isn't really anything special as far as the con itself goes.
If it weren't for the resort itself (the water park in particular) I wouldn't even bother attending.
>>
>>10671094
The waterfall should be a hidden experience because last thing I want is seeing a bunch of photoshoots happen at the same fucking time there.
>>
>>10671096
Yeah I tend to agree. I wouldn't be too concerned about it getting overrun with cosplayers/photogs though. The weather tends to make people thinking of going change their minds pretty often.
Plus most people at CCE can't be bothered to go out of their way to do anything. Most people are there to drink and party, and a lot of people don't even end up making it to the on-site photoshoots they planned to go to.
>>
>>10671114
You're right about that all things considered. I really think people need to re-evaluate the whole weather thing since Kalahari Poconos is like 90% indoors in comparison to the Kalahari Sandusky location. Back to the whole photoshoot thing, yeah you're right but I personally think having too many photogs in like one fucking area looks more like an eyesore than it does help anyone. But what can you do right? Cosplayers want good photos, so places like the wave pool are always going to have something ignorant like someone bringing an obvious electrical hazard to it.
>>
>>10668028
Yo cool anon. Back again. What day you rolling in? We should be there around 2 or 3 on thursday.
>>
>>10671118
I'm on the same page with you there, anon.
It really fucking bothers me (a lot more than it should) that there's always that one manlet photographer that sets up his light stands and everything on the far end of the wave pool and basically bogarts that space for literally the entire fucking convention. I'm afraid that at some point having light stands set up is eventually going to end up ruining things for everyone. You wanna set up light stands, go do it literally fucking anywhere else.
There's a whole little clique of cosplayers and photogs that think they're 'cosfamous' or some shit that hang out in that area.
I wish it could be like the first year of CCE when everything was chill as fuck and there was none of that bullshit.
>>
>>10671381
Tell the con to do their job instead of trying to fuck cosfamous pussy
>>
>>10671471
The waterpark isn't technically part of the convention, so it's ultimately up to Kalahari management regarding what is and isn't allowed there. The Kalahari has been pretty lenient with us during the weekend due to all the money the con brings in for them.
I'm grateful for that leniency, and I love cosplay and photography in the waterpark, but with that said light stands should be banned from that part of the venue.
I really wouldn't count on CCE staff to do much of anything. They're really struggling and have been way behind on a number of things.
I predict that there's going to be a lot of complaints after the convention about it being a shitshow. And the con head will likely use the typical 'muh pandemic' cop out excuse for everything.
>>
>>10671477
Not that anon but If its any consolation literally every business is screaming that when anything goes wrong. Even if the pandemic let the increase business.

I wonder if it'll be like Sandusky with the rooms falling apart. Guess we'll see in a few days.
>>
>>10671381
I’m on the the ultimate schadenfreude mode where I kind of want the wind to turn a certain way and have the lighting rig fall into the wave pool. Yes, it will be extremely terrible for everyone but also extremely hilarious for me. Never happened unfortunately but I did get a consolation prize.

>>10671477
>Water park isn’t technically apart of the convention.

Which is why it was double hilarious to read on the way home from a 7 hour drive that the staff at Poconos was fed up with cosfamous shitters on Sunday and kicked a majority of them out to get things back to normal. Year 2
>>
>>10671096
>>10671118
I don't really care much about photos, moreso about seeing all there is to see and do all there is to do. I don't try and cosplay professionally, I do it for fun and only started in 2019. I'm not active on social media. That being said, any other interesting spots?
>>
>>10671543
I mean there's a really good hiking trail right behind the Kalahari.
>>
>>10671544
The same hike for the waterfall or another one?
>>
>>10671546
It's the same one but I mean. It's kind of a no brainer dude.

>Giant Indoor Water Park build slap in the middle of a mountainous region.
>Do you like hiking? Y/N
>Y
>Spend a day enjoying nature
>Spend the night at the night swim talking to weeaboos

>Are you an /o/ person
>fuck around with the roads during the night, pretend you're in initial D.

>Do you party?
>Get in with one of the weeaboos in the game room around the DDR circle.

As for specific LOCATIONS? Probably best bet is going to be the hiking trail.
>>
>>10670116

It wasnt bait. I was being serious. I just want to have a good time with her like how it used to be but she got all depressed on me and I dont want to break it off either. This stupid pandemic fucked her up and I am pissed because of it. She refuses to take meds for it and is just waiting fighting it out till she can feel happy again
>>
>>10671118

I dont think someone dropping an electrical hazard on the wavepool is going to kill anyone there. Because the water is too vast and large that the electricity cant really spread out or go far enough to cause any serious harm. Now if the water was more contained and secluded like a bathtub then yeah its not good. So I wouldnt worry about it too much ^^
>>
>>10671317
I don't check this thread too often but we'll be there Thursday as well. Staying at the Mt. Aery resort though to save a little bit, and blow all my money for the weekend on craps.
>>10671484
The Poconos Kalahari is too new to have the rooms be falling apart. Though who knows what the staffing situation is like since nobody is working anywhere. I think in a small town like the Poconos it shouldn't be an issue though
>>
>>10671579
Ah so you got a ways with your lads. Doing night swim?
>>
>>10671579

On the topic of Poconos Kalahari rooms falling apart I’ll tell you this. Last CC before all this shanghai shivers bullshit, our room had fruit flies. I don’t mean a couple here or there, I mean it was INFESTED with them. If it was DooM they’d have been the equivalent of imps there were so many of them. Take that for what it’s worth.
>>
>>10671504
Regardless of whether or not it's officially part of the convention, they do have some sort of agreements with the Kalahari. Without cosplay and photography in the water park, the convention is basically dead. With that said, it's clear that Kalahari and CCE management do not have that great a relationship.
It wouldn't shock me all that much if there were some sort of shenanigans this year. They have new staff in a lot of positions (including the con head), and some of them haven't been getting shit done.
>>
>>10671715
>Donnell stepped down.

Interesting, when was this? I’ve been away from the con scene doing irl shit, and if it potentially affects Colossalcon Texas I’d like a full run down on about 3 years of what I’ve missed.
>>
>>10671717
Yeah, a bunch of shit went down just prior to CCE 2019. I forget all the details, but someone leaked a chat with a few members of Colossalcon staff (IIRC Donnell, James Pyon, and Chris Gary were in said chat) in which they were making some racist type jokes and the such. Donnell threw Gary under the bus and "fired" him to try to take the pressure off himself, but that didn't seem to satisfy anyone, and he ended up "stepping down".
Donnell still ultimately owns the parent company, so he still profits from the Colossalcons, so him stepping down didn't mean a whole lot.
It's not clear whether Victoria (the new con chair) is actually doing con chair things, or if she's just a figurehead for show while Donnell continues to pull the strings. That's something that we may never truly know.
Regardless, the good part is that James Pyon, Chris Gary, and Chris Fox are no longer part of Colossalcon staff. They were all pieces of shit in their own ways and pretty much universally disliked.
Chris Fox was outed for making unwanted sexual advances to someone that was "freshly 18", using his position as leverage. He'd long been known as a general creep and a terrible photographer. I guess no one gave him the memo letting him know that fat, ugly twats like himself have zero chance landing a cute cosplayer waifu.
I guess that's most of what went down. There was something about a stupid T-Shirt Colossalcon was selling (I don't remember much about it other than it said REEEEEEE on it) that got the SJW twitter squad riled up, but that really wasn't a big deal.
>>
>>10671803
Interesting times we live in. I think I can piece together what happened off of that then. Thank you anon.
>>
>>10671803
>in which they were making some racist type jokes and the such
Sounds based
>>
>>10671803
https://mobile.twitter.com/craziecrissie/status/1165416955714691072?lang=en

I found this. It's pretty fucking hilarious how butthurt some people can get. How do they even enjoy themselves?
>>
>>10671803
Can anyone confirm that yes James Pyon is 100% not involved with Colossalcon in any way whatsoever? Staff refuse to answer outright. Maybe under the luxury of anonymity, someone will confirm.
>>
>>10671830
Hey wait I think I know her. Or at least bumped into her at a few parties up by this side of the states... don’t think she was that fun to be around in person.
>>10671831
QRD on Pyon. I saw him on the Colossalcon facebook group ages ago but just wrote him off as “dude who does rave stuff.”
>>
>>10671830
Ahhh, there's the horrifically hateful t-shirt! Kek.
Seeing those tweets from that girl made me remember how hypocritical most all of the people complaining about Colossalcon back then were.
She was among the many people that still went but tried to justify it with something along the lines of "I'll be at the venue, but I'm totally not buying a badge".
A lot of people also used the "I'd cancel but I don't want to pay the penalty (a whopping $25) for cancelling my room." Everyone had an excuse to go, even though they were supposedly SO offended by Colossalcon staff.
A great reminder that the SJW blue hairs only complain for virtue signaling points, and won't actually do anything that might impact an opportunity to have fun.
>>
>>10671844
Confirmed hypocrites. Sarah fong is also in that conversation trying to act like she is some social angel and then shit talks her uber drivers because of stickers that other customers ratings put on the driver's profile like "great conversation". Github should burn that cunts job
>>
File: 1631464671542.jpg (68 KB, 819x1024)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Pretty pumped on this lads and lassies. I was worried that delta was gonna cuck us but its too late now. The show goes on! I didn't see the schedule, do we get a rave rave again? I want to be confined with a bunch of sweaty glowing people blasting bass.
>>
>>10672119
There's a "Rave in the Waves" thing they're doing during the waterpark after hours night swim. IIRC, that is replacing the regular rave. I could be wrong though.
The schedule and guidebook are both live on CCE's website, so you can check those out when you have time.
I'm pretty excited for the con as well. Although I am a bit worried about the potential of Kahalari staff getting a bug up their ass at some point. I've always had that fear since that one year they kicked all the cosplayers and photographers out of the water park.
Hopefully things will go well, because this is going to be pretty much the last convention that might be sorta close to 'normal' for a long time.
>>
>>10672326
Ohhhhh. Well I guess that will work. I dont think the staff are gonna fuck with us too much. Probably shorthanded and needing money like the rest of murica.
>>
>>10671606
>Doing night swim?
Of course. Should be able to hopefully get the wrist band before they sell out!
>>
>>10672617
Shouldn't be a problem. I dont think its gonna be packed packed. People are still afraid of the covid.
>>
>>10672663
Kalahari got fully booked and they offered the overflow to the great wolf lodge so I have no idea the size of this one
>>
>>10672707
No shit? Here's hoping its not full of normies too. They always fuckin ruin shit.
>>
When we meeting up at and where? Wanted to ask before I get range banned being on mobile.
>>
File: Mr Saturn Plushie-min.jpg (1.47 MB, 3120x4160)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Im going to be cosplaying Ness for Colossalcon East and I will have with me a very limited amount of rare Mr. Saturn plushies to be sold at the convention. These are officially licensed plushies and are very rare. I will have only a few with me
>>
>>10672884
Where will you be? Cash only?
>>
>>10672884
Oh, and price? Day? My fiance would love it.
>>
>>10672884
>>10672919
>>10672921
they just reprinted these last year...
shitty scammer
>>
It’s officiL boys masks are for retards only. If it’s anything like CC ohio ain’t no one gonna be wearing that shit. Live it up.
>>
Con is tomorrow! Won't be there till tomorrow eve but still very excited. Got my cosplay-themed masks in the mail today and very happy about it. Excited to wear them in general too after the con. Hope everyone travels safely!

>>10671551
uhh well then even more so, please don't just give her drugs that will only temporarily cause a high and then a HUGE crash, she literally may an hero
>>
>>10669417
>>10671551
dosing your depressed gf without her knowledge or consent, what could go wrong???

you fucking idiot. break up with her before you end up killing her.
>>
>>10671551
Clearly you should pass her over to someone else so she can have a good time.
>>
>>10673033
>>10671551
Me and my boys will take care of her and make sure she has a real good time anon ;)~
>>
>>10672968
>For your safety and our team's, we have temporarily removed bell service and luggage storage.
>Also we don't care if you or our workers wear a mask.

Ahh, that sweet pandemic hypocrisy. It really rubs me the wrong fucking way when companies lean on covid as an excuse for not providing basic services.
>>
>>10672968
>don't give a shit about masks.

Damn if I wasn't tooling up for Colossal Texas I would have dropped in. Maybe next year, you guys go enjoy a Mudslide or 3 for me yeah? Have fun bros.
>>
>>10673046
Will do anon. Please come back and let us know how Colossalcon Texas was.
I had been strongly considering it myself, but it's hard to plan shit with all the uncertainty of things because of covid.
CCE is relatively short drive for me, and I had booked a refundable room, so if it had been cancelled it wouldn't have been a big deal.
>>
>>10673055
Oh I will. Got my stuff ordered to make a few neat cosplay props. I’m hoping another anon makes a thread about it though, I can’t be the only one paying attention to that one.
>>
>>10673060
Too far for me. East and main are enough.
>>10672864
No one really confirmed. Friday night work? Idk where.
>>
File: CCElobby.jpg (236 KB, 731x767)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
Well, that's a great fucking sign.
Convention hasn't even started, and it appears that CCE and Kalahari staff aren't on the same page.
I hope this isn't the start of a weekend full of Kalahari staff fucking with us.
>>
>>10673067
I usually do East and Main myself, since I’m in Ohio but I literally forgot Colossalcon exists with how busy work has been. But yeah I’ll be paying attention to East
>>
>>10673109
So far good turnout. Got drunk and forgot to get badges tonight. I like the increased con venue.
>>
>>10673157
Ya Thursday night always chill. My shift is about to end in an hour here but I imagine I’d be either dead asleep from an 8 hour endurance drive or hanging out with you weeaboos about now. Jealous
>>
the baths in this place are fuckin' marvelous. the cocktails on the other hand not so much. find it hard to talk to people otherwise though.
>>
That pre-reg line went like a breeze. Idk why I ever put myself through Friday morning lines.
>>
I saw someone mention in one of the FB groups that the special drink menu they have for the con (you know, the ones they make with all the anime names) is ALL they're serving during the weekend to make things easier on the bartenders.
Someone fucking say it ain't so. I was planning to punish my liver with Captain's Revenges all weekend long, and it's not part of their stupid con menu.
>>
>>10673180
The drinks are just renamed versions of whatever is on the Menu. I think it's Cringe to order a drink called the Princes Mononoke instead of the Virginia Swirl or whatever the fuck is the Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberry and ... fuck I want to say cream liquor mixture is.

But if you say Captain's Revenge, they should know what you're talking about.
>>
>>10673184
Yeah that's what I thought they had done in years past. But I looked at the Kalahari website where they have their list of drinks, and none of the ingredients of the drinks on there match any of the drinks on the Colossalcon menu.
Also the Colossalcon menu only has like eight drinks listed on it. So if that's really all they're gonna make this weekend, that's fucked.
>>
>>10673180
Buy drink cup. Proceed to fill with own booze. Profit.
>>
>imagine doing anything besides chilling in the grotto
>>
>>10673210
I have friends so like... we do other things?
>>
If any anon need to get gas at any point, go to the Sheetz on route 611. The price is 10 cents lower than all other stations in the area.
>>
Come say hi to the 5'9"~ jacked dude with a beard at the late night swim. That's my buddy, he won't know what you're talking about. Say you're from /cgl/
>>
Some asshat stole my wallet. Well there goes my entire weekend :( 120 in the wallet and my card
>>
>>10672919
>>10672921

Im mainly going to be walking around but they will be around retail price what I paid for so like $99 each
>>
>>10673527
Sorry bro. I’d probably at least offer paying for food if I was there this time around.

So how was Friday night for everyone?
>>
>>10673546
meh, pretty much the only one here by myself, can't exactly ride half the slides here now, rip...
>>
>>10673577
You gonna be there tomorrow night? We can buddy up
>>
>>10673582

I’d be down to join you guys. Didn’t think I’d be going this year but plans got canceled so here I am. Luckily live 10 mins from the con. Made a shitty Raiden swim cosplay in a couple hours. HMU if you see me!
>>
>>10673586
>>10673582
sure, I'd be down. /cgl/ meetup?
>>
>>10673587
Let's do that tomorrow for sure. Just road waterslides with my boy
>>
>>10673586

You need a weekend pass for cheap? I am not going to use it anymore. How does 40 sound for it?
>>
>>10673662
I picked up my passes first thing, sorry m8

>>10673587
When and where?
>>
>>10673587
Words spoken before a disaster
>>
>>10673698
>>10673692
maybe the hot tub by the wave pool at 1045?
>>
>>10673759
How do we identify ourselves? Is the code word seagulls?
>>
>>10673774
just say CAW CAW CAW or something
>>
You know, there aren't as many trannys and traps as there were at main. Interesting.
>>
>>10673830
maybe it's just better quality traps. nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>10673759
10:45 is too early, the line takes 30 minutes. Make it 11:15
>>
How late are they selling nights nightswim passes? And is that the goal of the meetup?
>>
Not having a good con just feel like shit in general. Dealing with a bad breakup at the con too from a controlling relationship and just idk how to feel. I might an hero but thats not kosher
>>
>>10673912
come to the meetup, we can go tubing.
>>
>>10673912
Sounds awful. Drink and chat with us.
>>
>>10673912
Don't an hero think about all the good animes that will come out for you to consume. Think about chainsaw man
>>
>>10673912
Is this "spike your gf" with extacy anon?
>>
>>10673839
might be around 1130
>>
Hot tub’s relatively packed. I’m the only guy with white hair in here. Going caw caw maaay start a drunken chain reaction honestly.
>>
>>10671831

He still worked for them in March 2020, and was in charge of the game room at CCE 2019
>>
>>10674003
I have a feeling he's still involved behind the scenes in some capacity (just like Donnie and Chris are), but staff do not want to confirm even though it's obvious. He's a sick fuck.
>>
>>10673971
fuck, i couldn't find you since i didn't have my phone. sorry yo.
>>
>>10674024

Gary left entirely afaik and wants nothing to do with the con. I think Fox is gone too, but Donnell is definitely still making the big decisions.
>>
Colossalcon East was first formal convention yesterday and I just want to say you cosplayers really made my day, had a ton of fun taking photos with everyone. You're all so chill and open, and I can't wait until I can attend another one!
>>
Donnell is actually at the con rn if you were curious as to how involved he still is
>>
>>10674103
Post some photos of the event please!
>>
File: 20210919_012429.jpg (2.84 MB, 3264x2448)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
I got a selfie with 3 former mods yo. Me being the bottom dude in the picture
>>
>>10674262
Bring back snacks
>>
I had a good time as always boys. I have no idea why Saturday was that much more packed than Sunday though. Wasn't waiting in line for the grotto. That was some bulllllllshit
>>
>>10674362
Have you been to CCE before? Sunday has always been dead as fuck at the water park.
>>
Hope you anons that went had a good time. I didn't go balls to the wall like I have in prior years, but it was still fun.
It was pretty chill at the water park during the day. Saturday's night party/swim got pretty crowded though.
I got no real complaints. I was a little pissed off about the 'simplified' drink menu, but that's a minor gripe.
>>
This was only my second time going so but when I got back home I realized you can just bring and refill the cup from previous year saving a shitton of money. I just assumed the cups were year labeled or designed but its the same damn cup.
>>
>>10674262

Is that Snacks? Holy shit! He was at this con?
>>
File: 1627161966116.png (139 KB, 1080x336)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
Here comes the FUD
>>
>>10674756
LOL fucking faggots deserve it. 8499 is a bunch of entitled fucks
>>
>>10674935
QRD?
>>
Did this con actually happen? I can't find pictures of it anywhere
>>
>>10674987
Do you even instagram?
>>
Con was pretty fun, I didn’t have any cosplays put together since I was still worried they’d cancel last minute or something. Working on a Shin (Dorohedoro) and Kurapika (HxH) for any cons that aren’t pussying out, will probably be at Katsu.

Barely did any panels, selection looked like a lot of SJW bullshit/stuff that wasn’t in my interests, but the Waterpark is always the CCE highlight. There were an alarming # of trannies with top scars/etc. at night but what can you do. Great merch/art selection this year too even if I didn’t spend a ton.
>>
>>10674994
Lets see some
>>
>>10675255
>what can you do?
Notify the pool manager that there are a bunch of people with leaky wounds spreading their filth in the pool.
>>
>>10674413
Meant to say Friday. Oh well.
>>
>>10674756
has anyone who went also been tested since the con? Im getting tested friday (just from going to the con in general) and am very nervous now
>>
>>10675609
Shouldn't have licked tranny pussy
>>
>>10675736
Drink bleach
>>
File: Stolen Joystick.jpg (600 KB, 1152x2048)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
To whoever the faggot was who stole the bubblegum ball jostick from the video game room. You are an asshole and if you have any humanity in yourself youd give it back
>>
>>10675800
I'm going to assume it was probably someone there with a fighting game stick in the FGC. I'd say look there. These people have a habit of stealing controllers as well.
>>
>>10675609
I got tested since I got hit with a really bad cold a day after the con. Waiting on my results.
>>
>>10675800
its ok i bought new ones and the toppers are like 5 bucks with shipping it's just annoying
>>
>>10675817
I don’t really havecold symptoms, but I’m worried about how exhausted I feel. I can’t tell if covid or just tiredness from not having been to a con in 2 years and barely sleeping the whole time. Really really hoping it’s the latter.
>>
>>10675845
I'm feeling the same way too. Slept 4 hours most the night I were there (thurs-saturday night) plus barely ate on top of that. I'm sure you're fine anon, just rest up as much as you can and take covid leave while you wait for results. Since monday I've been sleeping my days away, playing Kena whenever I am awake.
>>
>>10675850
Thanks anon, I really hope we’re both okay.
>>
File: PXL_20210918_042950672.jpg (1.91 MB, 3024x4032)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>10674634
it me, DJ

>>10674262
lmao sus af bro, smdh

>>10674756
that's what they get for having DJs playing pop punk and top 40 tbqh
>>
I definitely am sick but it feels more like a head cold or flu than anything else, got a covid test this morning anyway
>>
File: 1619592811707.jpg (171 KB, 1107x1455)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
It is not good to test positive?
>>
>>10675891
How do you people find these room parties anyway?
>>
>>10675800
>Snow Phoenix

Ran by trannies, deserves to lose everything.
>>
>>10675930
sorry i've found more success that you ever will in this space lmao
>>
Fuckin great con. Came down with something after though. Bad sinus shit and a cough. No fever though, can't be covid. I love this no bully mask policy shit though. Its nice when they mind their own business. Also there was some bitch spreading misinformation about the kalahari banning all fake weapon props. Freaked a bunch of people out. Dumb hole.
I was not at the met up. After I talked so much shit I saved the night swim money and actually just went to bed early. Thats what I get for going hard Friday tho.
>>
>>10675924
Don't look like a fucking loser. Talk to people or have great cosplays. We had a room across from us on 6th. Great dudes just started chatting them up in the hallway and got invites. Party was banging on saturday.
>>
>>10676097
That's covid you dumb yt fuck
>>
>>10676197
Lol, I think I'd know if I had the most deadliest disease in the whole world. No fever, can still smell and taste fine, no aches. Cmon kid. Know your pandemic symptoms.
>>
>>10676197
I had the same symptoms as >>10676097 after the con and my covid test came back negative. I think it’s just a common cold desu
>>
>>10676206
kill you are selfie my main nigger
>>
>>10676358
Thats silly, you're silly. Put on your mask silly. After a few more boosters you'll be able to come out to a con and I can tell you how silly you are.
>>
>>10676358
Don't you have a sweaty office in a shithole country to scam old people from?
>>
>>10676361
How fat are you anon?
>>
This was my first con! I definitely looked like a bit of an autist especially on day one, but i had a ton of fun. Can't wait for the next one.
>>
>>10676430
If he was fat he'd have to worry about the respiratory disease and getting vented, he seems composed.
>>
Just got my results! Tested negative. I hope everyone else is safe as well.
>>
>>10675860
I think snacks tripcode was leaked tho. But that's also pretty sexy if this is actually snacks
>>
>>10676197
Kys nigger. Covid you won't even feel if your body isn't shit and full of diseases like sickle cell and diabetes.
>>
Bros it's just the flu.
>>
>>10676683
lmao no it wasn't!!
>>
Rave in the waves sucked ass. Night swim was day time swim with lines being insanely long. Only good thing about going at night was the hot tubs. That was 10/10.
>>
>>10676870
I'm assuming you went to the night swim on Friday? On Saturday night the hot tubs were absolutely packed, and they kept cycling people in and out like every 15 mins. or so.
It was crowded as fuck overall during the Saturday night swim. Unfortunately for those of us that aren't staying at the Kalahari, our choices are pay over 100 fucking dollars for a day pass, or 35 bucks for the night swim.
Would be nice if the Kalahari Poconos offered a discount like they do at "Prime", but it's pretty clear the Poconos staff fucking hate the convention and everyone associated with it.
>>
>>10676780
What the fuck then. I'm sad I didn't get to take a picture with my childhood hero, wt snacks! You better be at other cons and let me take a picture snacks!
>>
>>10676872
I stood at kalahari and went both Friday and saturday night to night swim.
I had two extra waterpark passes for friends that no showed. I should've posted in offers in the thread but when con is here rarely am I on my phone.
>>
>>10676430
Like >>10676614 says. It was sinus shit. I'm back to full health as of yesterday.
Weight is 196, 6 foot 1. I sadly didn't know if they had the balls to go through with this con so I didn't cut appropriately:(
Overall this crowd was a bit more well off than prime. There were some chunkers there.
Weirdnof you to assume I'm fat. But that seems to be a go to here.
>>
>>10676870
Seriously. I'm a local and done adult swim at Montage Mountain in Scranton, so I assumed the rave would be the same there, darker, maybe set up a few colorful lights at least.

I don't WANT to see the drunk/high crowd, I just want to dance among them. It was so fucking awkward to fist bump to music and see a DJ in full HD also awkwardly trying to hype the crowd up in board shorts.

Glad I dipped early and just stuck to the hot tub and lazy river.
>>
Will it be worth it to make the trip to Texas?
>>
>>10678405
I'll certainly be going
>>
>>10678405
>>10678478
Ya, same. I’ll see you Anons there or at the very least in the Colossalcon Texas general if anyone makes it.
>>
anyone got any candid tit and ass pics
>>
>>10678405
I’m intrigued but also tExAs
>>
>>10678405
Will it be warm enough in November for outdoor swimming in texas?
>>
>>10678553
I think it'll be fine, CCE is usually in this range too but >humidity

90% of the park is indoors but you know what I mean
>>
>>10678560
I just want outdoor as a preference, its more fun so I really hope its warm enough
>>
>>10678567
Good news bro.

>Golfcourse

Maybe I should do a Pangya cosplay...
>>
Sound off. What cosplays are you going as?
>>
>>10679452
Ah, fuck it I’ll post it in the Colossalcon Texas general tomorrow (and probably make it if someone else doesn’t make it tomorrow)
>>
So how was this con?
>>
Any pictures from it?
>>
>>10662567
I don't know anything about this con but I like the cute slutty mascot.
>>
A couple of questions about Collosalcon OH but I figured this would be the best place to post them:

1. Given that rooms have already been fully sold out at the Kalahari, is there any huge difference if I just got a room at one of the hotels that were ~5 minutes drive away?
2. How does the whole waterpark thing work with all the con panels? Is it just go to what panels you want and then hang out in the waterpark the rest of the time? If so, it seems like a pretty big pain to switch without a room in the Kalahari
>>
>>10695176
Can't exactly help with #1, cause I stayed on site at the Kalahari itself. As for #2, I don't remember anything directly con related at the water park until they reopen at 11 PM-3 AM for Rave in the Waves. Best I can suggest is tobeither have someone stay out of the water and watch your things or just drop everything off once you've had your share for the day. Cause the other alternatives suck, those being to rent a locker for like $20 an hour or play with fire likebmy group did and hide it in a spot where (hopefully) no one will notice.
>>
>>10695176
It's impossible to get a room at colossalcon Ohio. You just have to deal with shuttle bus BS or walk a mile. Kinda sucks, but whatever. I walked back after 3am in my swimsuit in the rain cause the bus wasn't running.
>>
>>10699534
Ever heard of Uber?
>>
>>10699674
nayrt there were extremely limited ubers last time I went

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.