[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: screenshot_1934.png (43 KB, 160x199)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Keep it /cgl/-related! Cosplay or J-fashion like Lolita/Brolita, Aristocrat, Kimono, Nanchatte, etc.!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ITT you may post:
- Useful guides that can be applied to crossplaying/crossdressing
- Questions, help, sharing advice to improve your appearance to pass temporary as the opposite gender (Male -> Female, Female -> Male)
- pictures of crossplay/crossdressing coords, selfposts
- personal experience/stories regarding crossplay/crossdressing

NOT allowed:
- Anything in sexual context/fetish stuff
- Anything related to gender transition like hormones, operation etc.; >>>/lgbt/ might be the better place for this
- Casual crossdressing without any /cgl/-context

Link collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_dKpZOqzVkbN2MtmiU9yTn4LDIfxIhLQAuc8L9xX1k/edit#gid=0

Contact for suggestions or contribution: crossplay.cgl@yahoo.com

Affiliated Discord server: https://discord.gg/eBnVEtQ

Previous thread: >>10502682
>>
I accidentally pasted the thread name over the username. I'm fucking retarded
>>
File: IMG_20210718_230349_265.jpg (1.7 MB, 3016x4032)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Has anybody dealt with manually increasing wig cap size? "One size fits all" is a fucking lie.

I know I have to cut between the wefts and then sew extra elastic and probably a new hair weft to hide the holes, but I really feel like I'm going to ruin it. Anything I should take into consideration? Pic related.
>>
>>10651131
One size fits all bro
>>
File: 1573110230409.jpg (5 KB, 229x229)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>10651429
>>
>>10651436
I ordered a blonde wig too, it arrives like in 3 weeks, I'm starting to worry because it's the first time I buy one and it was "one size fits all" too
>>
>>10651439
If it's a regular wig you are most likely fine (unless you have a huge head). It's the ponytail ones that are a huge trouble since there's no hair flowing down to hide the fact that the wig doesn't cover all the parts that it should.
>>
>>10651521
Who are you gonna crossplay as?
>>
File: screenshot_4689.png (707 KB, 857x909)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>10651595
>>
>>10651693
Just crossplay as Megumin Bro, and why is no one else posting?
>>
>>10651784
Probably because the thread was screwed up. I say make another and let this one sage to death, not like this board is too fazt anyway.
>>
>>10651822
Do it
>>
Is 5'11 too tall to crossdress? That's one of the big things besides shit like my shoulders being too broad and my jaw I'm worried that's what'll stop me from crossdressing convincingly.
>>
>>10659188
nobody ever crossdresses convincingly in real life without the filters and angles, except maybe a rare 1% who are probably transitioning.
just go for it and don't worry about looking convincing just worry about looking good.
>>
>>10659275
Thanks bro. Another thing, should I bother with makeup at first or wait till later?
>>
>>10659188
>>10659373
You can still pass when you're tall, but it's obviously more difficult. Most short cutesy characters will look pretty off.
Your face is arguably the biggest giveaway in crossplay, and learning how to use makeup to alleviate that the highest art. It takes a lot of practice and I reccomend starting as soon as possible.
>>
>>10659188
Get Shapewear such as hip pads and waist cincher to balance out your proportions despite your height.
Makeup/contour to downplay jaw and other masculine facial features.
And in general try to pick characters that play to your strengths. Avoid younger coded/schoolgirl characters or as >>10659537
said, characters that are known for being short or being cutesy.
>>
I'm averse to buying breastforms because I don't really want silicone tiddies with nipples and all that around my house. Does anyone have experience getting some bust definition with regular bras and some padding? I'm not looking to have a large chest contour, just something small that can be noticeable under clothing.
>>
>>10651131
If you have the patience and don't want to/can't buy another wig or additional wefts, the option that would be the least damaging to the wefts and would give you the best fit would be to CAREFULLY remove all the wefts from the cap (make sure you cut the stitching that's holding the wefts to the cap and not the sticking that holds the wefts together), and sew them onto a new cap that fits your head better.
>>
>>10665075
Forgot to add: once you've removed the wefts from the wig, if attaching them to a new cap seems like an insurmountable task, Ambre Renee on youtube has a great video about sewing wefts to caps. Don't be discouraged by the fact that she's using human hair and a lace piece at the front, black women on YouTube have literally taught me everything I know about wigs and artificial hair.
>>
>>10665013
A push up and some form of padding is totally sufficient if you just want the shape under clothes. Breastforms are only necessary if you want to show the skin of your nonexistent boobs.
>>
>>10650530
How is the discord in the OP? Whats it like?
>>
>>10665236
Terrible and full of agps. Sucks to be a female crossplayer sometimes
>>
>>10665236
I copied it from the previous thread but I've never been on it.
>>
>>10665240
Agp?
>>
>>10665240
I'm a female crossplayer too! Maybe a separate server for dansou crossplay? Shit about tucking and creating cleavage is totally irrelevant to me.
>>
>>10668259
Fetishists. I don't care if men want to cosplay as female characters or wear what's normally considered women's clothing (after all, I live in men's clothing), but it weirds me out when they're obviously getting off on it in some way
>>10668272
I would really like that but I don't know if there's enough of us. I feel like a lot of crossplay spaces that include men are sexually charged when for female crossplayers it's a totally different world.
>>
>>10668344
ah, never even thought about that, i just love my waifu and i think its fun to cosplay as her
>>
>>10665236
As someone finally plunging into crossplay, there's some nice dudes who know a lot in the discord, very helpful
>>
>>10668344
Men will never cosplay women unless they get off on it.
>>
>>10670272
i just like female characters and i cant make armor or id cosplay dudes
>>
Just ordered my breastplate for my Formidable cosplay. Pretty excited.
>>
Looking for a character recommendation for my first crossplay.
- needs to be tall
- preferably blue eyes and/or wearing glasses (I need to wear either my prescriptions glasses or contacts)
- outfit should be simple for a start
- preferably no hip window or cleavage, otherwise my paddings would be revealed
- upper arms should be concealed, as I have quite the muscular bizeps
Well, any ideas?
>>
File: Img_chara_1_(1).png (29 KB, 514x1040)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>10671891
>>
>>10671891
Doesn't fit one of the options, but I always recommend sailor scouts. Mercury here particularly.
Million different outfits at all sorts of price points, covers throat, shoulders, and hands. Outfits are stupid flattering and you have option of heels or boots depending on scout
>>
>>10671891
Is getting colored prescription contacts not an option for some reason?
>>
>>10668344
Just another female crossplayer checking in
>>
>>10671835
pics when its done?
>>
>>10671988
Perfect.
>>
>>10672096
Meh, my arms are a dead giveaway. More than any other part of my body I'd say.
I think I'll do Lucina from Fire Emblem

>>10673182
I honestly didn't even know they were a thing. I hope they're not too expensive if I ever need them
>>
>>10651784
stop coming here to coom faggot
>>
>>10665013
you can find ones without nipples, you also need kinda of a fatty chest to push up somthing, the plates are still one of the best investment i've made
>>
>>10668344
>>10670272
No you are wrong, i do not jack off in crossplay costume at all, i do not get aroused participating in convention crossplaying at all, nope not me
>>
>>10670272
This is completely alien to me. I can't look at myself in women's clothes and get turned on whatsoever.
>>
>>10674396
true, or you cant pass at all lole, i get hard everytime
>>
>>10674396
Good
>>
File: sexy-female-crossplay.jpg (37 KB, 817x427)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>
>>10670272
I've never done a full crossplay but just wearing lingerie did nothing for me sexually - ultimately clothing is decoration, the body needs to be shaped/trained or it doesn't work
>>
>>10674654
i can relate, i a fat disgusting slob too with a manly frame
>>
>>10674654
>crossplay with only lingerie
how is this cosplay
>>
>>10674926
I'm not excessively masculine, just average and with a little chubbiness that needs working off. But that's enough to foreclose certain possibilities, no doubt.

>>10675001
it wasn't, just trying to make a point about "dress up". Though you do see a lot of photos out there that seem to just be gravure and not actual costumes.

I do have a gothic lolita outfit I tried on a couple times, I wouldn't say it looked bad but I felt silly in something with a tight top and a poofy skirt - it was unbalanced and cumbersome and I don't think would match my personality even if I had a woman's body
>>
>>10668344
>but it weirds me out when they're obviously getting off on it in some way
That's retarded. My fighting game sparring partner, who is a tall muscular black guy, always crossdress as a Touhour character and i'm pretty sure he doesn't get off to it.
>>
File: haha.png (14 KB, 576x79)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>10665236
some people are ok some are not proceed with caution
>>
>>10665236
Some people on there have decent knowledge to share on crossdressing, but imo it's too memey and with too much of a /pol/ aftertaste at certain times.
>>
>>10675759
How far into pol does it go? Is it worth a visit anyway?
>>
>>10675772
Doubt it.
>>
>>10675759
muh /pol/ boogie man, you cant pass
>>
File: DOC11_COSPLAY-732x1024.jpg (105 KB, 732x1024)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>
File: D2VaJA8WkAAHODQ.jpg (193 KB, 1200x1200)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>
>>10675759
>/pol/ after taste
Nigger what the fuck are you talking about it's a bunch of lady boys trying to look fuckable
Sorry the dudes look like a better woman then you
>>
>>10676624
no he means thoese are nazi femboys
>>
>>10676624
Why so defensive? No one was talking about who looks better, not everyone wants to deal with /pol/ tier shit.
>>
>>10676637
What /pol/ tier shit, the only thing I've seen in the discord that can even be slightly /pol/ related is no talking about tranny shit
It's just a bunch of autistic waifu fags
>>
>>10676839
No idea, I'm a different anon. Just seemed strange to jump to how people look when someone was talking about how /pol/ it is in your discord.
>>
>>10676637
because everything is
muh pol
can you not be a baby snow flake fg
>>
>>10676916
The only one being a snowflake is the anon getting defensive over the mention of it.
>>
>>10677234
no u

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.