[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Youmacon just announced they are going forward with the con for the weekend of Oct 28-31
>No word yet on what the mandates will be
>As usual, FB comments are full of panic and authoritarians demanding they shut down or enforce vaccine cards/masks/etc. while a few chuds tell them if they don't like it, stay home
>Others are complaining that the time frame is too short to save up for a con (kek) or make plans
What do you think, anons? Are you going? Are you going to cosplay? Where are you staying? Are you ready for the return to normalcy?
>>
>As usual, FB comments are full of panic and authoritarians demanding they shut down or enforce vaccine cards/masks/etc

And I bet all of them are vaccinated. If they're still not satisfied, they can stay home.

If Youmacon says "we are completely back to normal" i will travel there.

The only reason why they want the con canceled because they're too comfortable staying home and getting fat and having to maintain their onlyfans.
>>
>>10650128
I will file a chargeback if there's any restrictions. The whole reason why Michigan reopened is due pandemic being undeniably fake after Fauci's emails and Whitmer's conduct being revealed. There's no excuse for ignorance. Just deradicalize yourself and move on with your life.
>>
>>10650129
I doubt it they're the vaccinated ones. I have a friend who isn't vaccinated and freaks about cons happening even though a good chunk of people here and the surrounding area are vaccinated. Myself included. I'd be happy to go , I miss seeing herds of weebs just living life without a care and spending hours playing Pump It Up.

Also, people saying there isn't enough time to save up are bullshitting. Half of them just got back from Blerdcon and are like going to Dokidokon next weekend. They just want excuse not to go and talk shit about people who do attend Youma. It's dumb.
>>
I want my refund.
>>
>>10650128
I went to anime midwest, I'm going to this. Shot fags can eat it. Actually gonna be going with like 7 other people and we'll be room cramming, should be fun.
>>
>>10650128
If I don't go it's more because the dates are perfectly square with the end of month and I likely won't be able to get it off. Driving to Detroit for a Friday evening and Saturday isn't ideal. If I do that I'm ghosting. I'm not paying for a badge for maybe 16 hours of attendance.

The time span is really short. Saving for it is less of a problem than say the confidence that they can pull together a con worth going to in a such a short amount of time. The friends I normally go with rather bail on Youma and go to AWA and I might just give them the go ahead.

I don't understand anyone who is still worried or butt hurt over restrictions at this point. Multiple cons have happened now and they all devolved same way. By fans for fans cons don't have staffs. They have volunteers. Volunteers aren't paid and as a result aren't motivated to enforce anything. So it doesn't matter if they there is a mask mandate or vax card to enter certain rooms or whatever. We all know no one is going to bother. I mean after all you're at the con. How concerned are you really? I don't understand complaining that some Facebook people disapprove of your actions. I guess you guys just get off on it like you're a rebel or something? That you're so owned and whipped in your daily lives that this one time you can say no and have a hissy fit over some performative rules feels like some sort of act of liberation. It's a non concern so why talk about it like an impediment?
>>
>>10651489
>I actually don't care. Actually this funny to me.
>>
>>10650128
Sadly live in Canada. No idea of border requirements. don't get vax and you have a 14 day sit at home order that no one follows. Only worried if I will need same BS vaccine passport to just enter the US.
>>
>>10651959
Border should be open for you by then.
>>
File: file.png (183 KB, 500x280)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>10650128
>What do you think, anons?
It's about time.
>Are you going?
Yes.
>Are you going to cosplay?
Outside the extreme circumstances that my cosplay parts don't arrive before then, yes.
>Where are you staying?
Rencen.
>Are you ready for the return to normalcy?
pic related
>>
I honestly don't think it'll happen but happy to go if it does
>>
>>10650128
Going to be there regardless, as long as they don't pussy out or get totally shut down. I honestly didn't think they had the balls to run it. Non the less not going to let jab monkeys ruin my con, me and a buddy went to anime matsuri no mask the entire time nor did we receive a jab i came back with a slight cough, got over it in 3 days my buddy totally fine . And i have the immune system of a chicken nugget.
I got sick at cons pre plandimic. They just need to run it no restrictions, i dont expect it to be perfect, they are going to be hella short staffed, but its better than just sitting in my room jerking it that weekend.
Staying at the double tree across from the rencen, MUCH easier to get your stuff out of the hotel on sunday. No elevator traffic.
I've been ready for normalcy since 2 weeks turned into 2 fucking years.
>>
>>10652893
>I've been ready for normalcy since 2 weeks turned into 2 fucking years.

>Is it my actions making this longer?
>No
>>
>>10650128
Pretty excited as long as the disease spreaders don't shut down the country again.
>Are you going?
Yep.
Nah. I work the con so I'll be in comfy clothes, but will be appreciating cosplays ya'll have had 2 years to perfect.
>Where are you staying?
Detroit Foundation Hotel. The RenCen just isn't worth it anymore. Especially if the people mover is still closed. But even if its open, I'd rather pay premium for a nice room across the street than pay double what those rooms are worth to wait in a 3 hour elevator line to get up to my shitty hotel room with its dirty sheets, broken electrical sockets, and questionable bathrooms.
Very much so, as long as its not at the cost of public health. Don't be idiots anons.
>>
Yes, I'm going because I miss it. I'll probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express and attend the whole thing. I want to party. I'm not going to cosplay again unless I can lose at least 10lbs because my pics would look worse than 2019 and I can't deal with that
Also, I am not going to preorder my badge in case it gets cancelled. If it does, whatever
>>
>>10653568
>I work the con
Any fun staff tips or info you can give us?
>>
What are you guys wearing if it happens
>>
Really hope it doesn't happen cause I got no money for it.
>>
>>10657876
Going in my Hetalia WWI Germany cosplay, making a new addition to it which should be ready in time for the con, pretty excited.
>>
Me and a friend are going even if it’s lackluster I haven’t been to a big con since Anime North 2014. Youma is only an hour and a half away from me anyway.
>>
WHENS ROOM BLOCK
>>
>>10659189
Do you think zoomers and tik tokers will Reeee about Yahtzee connotations? You have a lot of bravery wearing that in 2021
>>
File: 1519374471_tenor.gif (3.74 MB, 480x360)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB GIF
>>10662557
Everyone was cool about it at anime midwest (mostly). That being said I'm also 6'1 and go to the gym 5 days a week so I'm not super worried about some uppity zoomers reeeing at me because they can't tell two different time periods apart.
>>
Are any of you pre registering?
>>
>>10652019
Almost September and no end in sight. I just wanna go to a con.
>>
Its about time.
> Are you going?
Definitely to extremely likely. I'm still regretting not going to colossal.
Probably. Hopefully the cos fits since covid+recomp happened since that one was ordered.
>Where are you staying?
Apartment, I'm in the area.
WFH is nice but otherwise yes.
>>
I hope the panels are decent, I feel like it's going to be a big waste of money and I have to wear a mask, fucking DUMB
>>
I live in Ferndale and two black guys I met at the local disco in one piece shirts told me they were going.
>>
>>10650472
Pretty sure it's listed on the website

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.