[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image.jpg (1.86 MB, 4032x3024)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
I’m a 19 year old guy, and I decided I wanted to start crossplaying, so I bought an Asuka (from Neon Genesis Evangelion) women's plugsuit cosplay made of spandex as well as an Asuka wig (double ponytail). However when I get them I will have to hide them somewhere in my room as my parents would be mad/disappointed at me, as I know they're both ignorant (homophobic and transphobic for example). two of my friends aren't as ignorant (and also one of them is gay, but he's still not always open minded) but I'm still certain they'd judge me and make fun of me for buying the cosplay. one of my friends has made fun of me before and asked me why I’m trans (for using girls as pfps sometimes) even though I’m not, and even told me to h**g myself a few times (he later said it’s just jokes, but still). how can I convince my parents or friends to not judge me? and when I’m going to the con I want most people at least to not be able to tell that I’m a guy, so what makeup should I use to look like a girl?

tl;dr want to start crossplaying but I have judgemental parents and friends, and want to convince them to stop being judgemental. I also want advice on what makeup to use to look like a girl
>>
I mean if you pass who'll be laughing
Otherwise it's won't be you and you'll be known as that failure forever :')

Best way to start practicing imo is to dress in low-key probably non-cosplay stuff and do basic makeup that you can Google, if you can't at least do foundation and basic eye makeup this isn't for you. (quality of item doesn't really matter right now) cosplay makeup is pretty different from more natural, everyday looking makeup.

also stop with the emo spiel and toughen up
>>
>>10648108
dude your friends suck

your parents won't change by talking to them. living well, and taking no shit, helps combat ignorance.

also go to the fucking catalog and get into the crossplay thread
>>
You're 19, you don't need your parents' approval for your hobbies so just do whatever you want and find better friends.
>>
>>10648241
this is how OP becomes homeless
>>
>>10648108
>I am one unconventional person. How do I change everyone else's perspective to accomodate me?
>>
>>10648243
They're 19. Get a job, crash with friends
>>
>>10648243
Imagine thinking you have to walk around mommy and daddy's house in a shitty Asuka crossplay. You can enjoy your hobbies without being obnoxious to your roommates (or parents). You're an adult, they don't need to approve of what you do in your room or outside your home. Get a grip, you aren't a child.
>>
>>10648108
Show pics friend
>>
I'm not going to tell you to move out because it's easier said than done, so just hide it from your parents and get better friends that don't shit on you. They don't need to like it, just accept it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.54 MB, 4032x3024)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
i’m too nervous to post pics to be honest
>>
I'm going to be honest,
It doesn't really sound like you know how to stick up for yourself so I would just suggest you don't bother since I doubt you'll get more positives by doing it.
Unless it's a fetish or gender thing it's just a regular weird hobby. Who cares.
Your one friend isn't your friend, but otherwise you're at that age where you need to learn that no one actually gives a shit what you do.

Cosplay and anime shit is already weird. If you really want to do it than the only thing you should do is own it and either shrug others opinions off or rag on them back.
>>
>>10648108
I also have parents that didn't understand my wanting to crossplay. I waited until I could move out, then never mentioned it or showed them pictures.

Your friends however- if they mock you or judge you- you need better friends.

Makeup advice- watch youtube and practice, practice, practice.
>>
you sound like an egg

find a good trans inclusive therapist and sort out your bad relationship with your parents, figure out why you put up with friends treating you like shit

the people in your life probably won't change, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with it
>>
File: image.jpg (1.63 MB, 4032x3024)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
i don’t even know if i’m trans
>>
lol
>>
>>10648968
Don't listen to trannies
>>
>>10648623
silence groomer
>>
>>10648968
You do realize you don't have to upload a picture to post in 4chan, right?
Also no, wanting to crossplay has nothing to do with being trans. Don't listen to the groomers and don't ruin your life.
>>
Bros, I've been practicing eye makeup but I don't have any idea with of how to start any other part of my face, what product do I need? I only have eyeshadow palettes, not even eyeliner because I'm ashamed of buying more stuff at my local stores
>>
>>10658034
try blush (but don't overdo it), you can google what places on your face to put it to get the look you're going for. mascara goes a long way too
>>
File: 1620700080770.jpg (57 KB, 750x724)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>10648108
There's no winning with these sorts of things. Normies HATE it when you try to break any sort of gender role. It's not that they specifically hate you, it's just how they've been programmed, and it's very hard to break. My advice is to wait till you move out, or only do it in private.
>>
>>10648108
This advice is going to sound like shit until you're older and get a little more experience, but what other people think (including your parents) is the thing that matters the least in this world. Everything's already fucked so you should do what you want and find people who support that. I'm sorry you deal with such shit heads though.

As for the make up, just google asuka make up tutorial. The fact that you're willing to try will make it a lot more passable in public at a con. Also, cons are full of degenerates like ourselves, so you'll be in good company.

Take it easy anon. Do what you love and I hope you find people who want to help get you there.
>>
>>10648108
Kill yourself and i mean it. i can see you becoming a troon, getting estrogen then looking like an ugly 50 years old white man whos balding.
>>
>>10648968
you failed being a male so you will try to become a woman, only to fail again. ive known males like you. They either end up sjw troons on twitter doing sex work or autistic NEETs. good luck anon, choose your poison
>>
>>10648108
youll never look like a girl. You dan however look like a feminine guy by wearing makeup. Stop being a weak faggot. No one gives a shit if men wear dresses or makeup. Just do your own thing. Also 4chan is filled with -phobia so i dont think you even belong here
>>
>>10648623
convincing young males to become trans to further make them more damaged and possibly lead them to suicide. pretty based nonny
>>
>>10648108
>I’m a 19 year old guy, and I decided I wanted to start crossplaying
Main question is the reason.
Wanting to stand out, Exibitionism? = Have fun why do you even ask if you want to show yourself to everyone.
Autogynophilia (getting aroused by thinking of oneself as a women, the urge to crossplay is much lower after masturbationg) = Crossdressing in front of your parents is public masturbation in front of your parents. .. which is as odd as it sounds.
Or a different reason?

.. old boomer otaku opinion likely close to your parents: the current trans stuff is based making crossdressing that existed for milennia political, and pushing people into messing up the own body. Most in the recreational autogynophilia >>>/jp/36267483 hates the trans push.
If you want your parents to know you want to crossplay, first talk about the general modern trans topic when it comes up, telling them that you're not affected by the hormone and surgery part of it and just an average guy (that likes how women look)... but that you think crossdressing might be fun, and showing a few photos when applying for university might make it easier to get accepted by getting quota-treatment.

On plugsuit crossplay .. you know that you need a corset and good ass and breast padding when dealing with your intended target right? It's not a good thing to choose if you don't want to go all out on equipment.
>>
femboys are a myth, you're trans, get on HRT yesterday, & pay no attention to the "estrogen will ruin your life" gender cops itt. they make their own estrogen but they're still bitches, go figure
>>
Your are a man anon.

Regardless of what you do, you will always read as a man. Your shoulders will always be larger, your ear placement will always be further back, and your hands will always be larger. You will always have physical features that will read as male that you cannot change.

No one ever passes, and anyone who tells you differently is a groomer.

You will not "pass" as a fem boy, you will never look like whatever anime character you dress like.

In all honesty, get some counseling anon. Go to an actual therapist and figure out why you want to be a degenerate. You're 19 and no doubt figuring out who you are, and that's ok. You're still young, there's plenty of time to evolve above a brain dead coomer.
>>
>>10648108
you can't
they're right to mock you, fag boy
>>
>>10648108
i fully support you in this, you should make all of your red flags as visible as possible so no one is tricked into thinking you're a safe person to be around
>>
Coof restrictions getting to you man? Go do something physical, doesn't have to be lifting but something to get out of the house regularly. Ride a bike, do yoga, go for a light yog, something.
>>
>>10648108
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: felix cosplay.jpg (85 KB, 1200x998)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>10648108
>>10664260
>You might be a woman anon.
>
>Depending of what you do, you will not read as a man. Your shoulders can be minimized with clothing, your ear placement doesn't matter, and the size of your hands doesnt either. You have physical features that will read as male but you can change them through hormones and surgery.
>
>People can pass, and anyone who tells you differently is a transphobe.
>
>You might pass as a fem boy, if you are skilled and have ok genetics you will look like whatever anime character you dress like.
>
>In all honesty, get some counseling anon. Go to an actual therapist and figure out why you want to be a degenerate. You're 19 and no doubt figuring out who you are, and that's ok. You're still young, there's plenty of time to figure things out.
>>
>>10648108
I'm a straight dude who has been crossplaying since I was about 19-20.

The only thing that matters is confidence. Literally, that's it. I started cosplaying as Sabrina from Pokemon because she was a badass character + I saw a cosplay of her & knew I could do it better. Did it with passion & conviction. My dad called me out one time & I just said homie, I'm having far more fun than you were at this age. Every generation has fun in their own ways - that, they can understand.

If your friends give you shit for doing stuff you're passionate about, you need better friends.

If they really get all up on your for crossplaying, flip it & just say "If you've never fucked someone while dressed as a chick, you haven't lived right." They usually don't have a comeback to that. Then go to cons & find new damn friends.

Crossplaying doesn't have to be a statement. You can do it because you like the character. You can do it because you identify more with female characters. Whatever your reason, just do it with confidence.

And learn facial contouring/foundation blending, start running, find a corset you like & get used to shaving. It's fun but it IS a ton of extra work.
>>
>>10658513
Yeah. I've seen them. Luckily I realized I wasn't trans and just wanted to be a man but not manly, a straight twink who'd crossdress, basically
>>
>>10665563
>>
Femboys peak at the age of 21 unless you feel like damaging your skeletal system bro. Also get a job and man the fuck up.
>>
I'd say just do it regardless of what parents or your friends think.

On makeup, that one is complicated. I'd say...get some foundation that is one tone above your natural tone, and also try to learn how to put on fake eyelashes.

I'm a male crossplayer who's been crossplaying since like 2017. My stuff I don't think is that great but I just do it anyway because I find it fun.

I think what you need is support or some type of community that will encourage your plunge into male to female crossplay. Here's a picture of me as Zero Two I offer as encouragement.

Haven't done it at a con yet but will when they return without masks.
>>
File: y.jpg (71 KB, 640x640)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Just do it cus I crossdress in public all the time and I pass pretty well I think, who's caring about what people are thinking anywhooo
>>
>>10676051
not them but how do you color match foundation without going into a store? just trial and error?
>>
>>10676211
go to the store
>>
>>10676091
I wouldn't have a problem either if I looked that good, but I don't
>>
Here's the one I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SFSBP8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think that's one problem that male to female crossplayers never get, direct, specific advice. I'll try to give some now.

1. If you can, get breast forms, and get huge ones. Since you're naturally way bigger than a girl, B or C cup isn't going to cut it. I'd say get at least DD, and probably FF.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8CDBRG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2: On eyeliner, this is subjective but I think doing eyeliner on the top and bottom can make sense for anime characters. If you look, most of them look like they have a dark black outline around the top of their eye, and then a smaller but noticeable black outline around the bottom. If you don't want to use fake eyelashes(they are a pain), then doing eyeliner on the top and bottom makes some sense.

3: Tucking is pointless, I don't think it's even that noticeable even if you have massive ****. Even if it is, I think just wearing a speedos/boxers over it can reduce the bump if there is one down there.

4. Have to shave your entire face, that one is a mandatory I would think. It is a hassle I agree.

5. Buy some lipstick(pink+ red) if you can, and use it.

6. If you can, get some colored contacts. Particularly the colors blue/green. The ones I get are from Uniqso.
>>
If they don't accept you, there's nothing you can do but do it in secret.
>>
>>10676211
Go to the store early in the morning. If you're lucky the person matching you will be a man, either way, they cannot judge you and the women are used to dealing with men anyways.
>>
>>10676211
go to a store bro, people working at a fucking makeup store are going to be among the least judgmental people possible for this sort of thing.
>>
>>10676321
>>10676551
Okay but how do you do it without gping to a store?
>>
>>10648623
Kill yourself groomer. Stop pushing men to be shittier, grosser versions of (fake)women. No one likes troons. In fact everyone hates them.
>>
>>10664303
Based.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.