[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have the urge to attend a con!

Too bad the local cons are downsized and doing covid protocol. How am I supposed to join tbe con orgy if we have to stay 6 feet appart?
>>
>>10644861
Naka is run by pussies, attendance cap my ass. Fucking retarded.
>>
Obligatory
>>
>>10644861
same
how are you supposed to buy tickets? i was going to go to dragoncon but tickets are $120 now
i thought they where like $50 a couple months ago
>>
>>10646052
They're releasing them in waves until they hit the attendance cap (2500, 1/4th of the regular numbers) and also no passes are being sold at the door. If there's a way to NOT run a con coming out of COVID, Naka is fucking doing it

>>10646051
this too. Fuck them.
>>
>>10646056
so when should you buy?
>>
>>10646057
Their most recent wave was Friday, they said they have another one planned in a few weeks or something. You basically have to follow them on FB/Twitter/whatever to find out.

Hell, when they announced the hotel block openings it was like a fucking day's notice.
>>
>>10646059
so only buy when it's a wave or whatever?
>>
sneed
>>
File: IMG_5294.jpg (992 KB, 2001x992)
992 KB
992 KB JPG
>>10646051
>>
There used to be a naka line chat, what happened?
>>
>>10646947
you got banned, roi
>>
>>10646949
not him but lmfao. i woke up one morning and missed such a fast, precise, clusterfuck with that guy
>>
3000 attendance cap? I thought the flyoverfags didn't care about the pandemic?
I wonder if these cons are going to be able to turn a profit with this self-cuckery.
>>
>>10644861
I plan on going to Naka. I don't really give a shit. I didn't even know they had an attendance cap. If I can't get a ticket I'll just go out and do other KC things. It's not that big of a deal, they already cancelled the rave and shit. I'm hoping to go out did around at Naka in the day, possibly make some friends, go to restaurants, and then do night shit like Top Golf.
>>
>>10644861
Any stories that /cgl/ would like to share about the cancellation on Day fucking 0 last year?
>>
>>10644861
Last year they canceled literally the day before and if delta variant keeps getting hyped I bet they'll do it again this year.
>>
I was just looking at hotels in the area and now some have rooms available, but before everywhere was booked. Are people cancelling because of >>10653751? I'm trying to find a good airbnb or hotel.
>>
>>10654466
I know some people have been canceling/rolling over because they are periodically releasing more tickets for sale. Then again those tickets sell out extremely fast so they will still hit the capacity limit they've set.
I always advise booking the room if it's available and you can always cancel it you change your mind.
>>
>>10654470
I just put 2 and 2 together. With the capacity limit being so low, people are probably just deciding not to go and cancelling their hotel reservations.
>>
the people that run the con are obese trannies. Of course they're turning this into a clusterfuck with the coof
>>
Is this the official naka kon thread? Is it dead? Seems dead.
>>
>>10661417
the con will be dead.
>>
>>"We at Naka-Kon are always watching for the latest guidance to keep all of our attendees safe."
>>"Make sure to bring several masks so you have spares if your mask gets lost or dirty. If you can, double masking may be a good idea. The CDC recommends layering a cloth mask over a surgical mask."
>>"There is a possibility that the CDC and county/state/federal guidelines may change which may result in requiring all attendees to be vaccinated. Just in case, we recommend attendees bring their vaccination card or other proof of vaccination or a high quality photograph of said proof."
This is going to be a shitshow. Also lol good luck getting people to double mask up in 93 degree humid heat.
>>
Is anyone going this weekend?
>>
>>10666268
I am, but probably only doing Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>10666268
I'll be there. Cosplay looking like shit though. Not sure I'll even do that.
>>
>>10666525
Still working on mine lmao. I'm gonna get this done even if I have to pull 2 all nighters
>>
>>10644861
Contrary to belief, most people hate the no-fun covid police. So when they arent looking, people do what they want.
>>
>>10666528
Thats pretty much my plan, except I want to get it done tonight. I've been working so much fucking overtime, I haven't had time for fun.
>>
How the hell does one socializ safely? Especially here in the Midwest where people don't believe in the virus.
>>
What room is the /cgl/ touhou orgy in this year
>>
Any good/rare cosplays this year?
>>
People at Naka Kon this year are definitely not as friendly and I see very few people taking pictures.
I used to be able to strike up conversations with strangers about our cosplays but the masks make that feel really weird.
>>
I can't tell how old these grills are.
>>
>>10667941
I find cons in general hard since most people are already in their own groups but yeah the masks kinda makes it even harder.
>>
>>10667291
Mine
>>
File: IMG_3696.gif (374 KB, 248x255)
374 KB
374 KB GIF
>>10646051
>>
>>10666268
I've been here the whole weekend. Was running around as Venom Snake. My buddy was the ODST running around Saturday
>>
>>10668247
I think my friend got a pic of you on Saturday. If it was you that was a really good cosplay. Good shit.
>>
>>10667941
This was the first time ever I asked to get a picture of a cosplayer and they said "I'm not doing pictures". Really weird shit
>>
>>10668247
I saw you guys, looked good
>>
That was extremely gay. Nothing: the convention.
>>
>>10668605
This tbf
>>
>>10667941
Yeah this con convinced me that until masks aren't required I won't be going to another one. Couldn't even have proper conversations with people because everyone is soft spoken and I only catch every other word.
>>
>>10668758
I felt this too, but what I found was that people were more.. awkward this time around. Me included. I think that's a result of the lockdown. A lot of people are basically learning how to resocialize. Me included. I was dressed up as Holo, and a lot of people while friendly, were really awkward, more than usual about asking for photos I found. I thought it was fun, but if you were sad about missing out, you didn't miss much. It was fairly uneventful
>>
>>10668831
>Holo
Be my gf.
>>
>>10668846
I'm married and you probably would find me very unattractive lol
>>
>>10646051
What con did this happen to?
>>
>>10674391
Naka in 2020. Literally canceled Thursday afternoon when half the vendors and artists were already set up and a majority of people were already there getting registered
>>
>>10674408
Christ, did they at least issue out refunds?
>>
>>10674408
How the fuck did they justify that?!
>>
>>10674454
>>10674567
No refunds except a paltry rollover for badges for attendees. No idea how they reimbursed the vendors, if they did at all.
Honestly a Redbard or Internet Historian-tier video needs to be done about Naka's last minute cancellation
>>
>>10678260
Yeah Jesus fucking Christ. Vendors were already fucked during covid. I’ve had bad months we’re in literally relying on a convention to pay my rent at the end of the month. I can’t imagine how pissed off they were.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.