[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

๐Ÿ™ RIP Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka ๐Ÿ™
Our dad who disowned us

[Advertise on 4chan]

No Kumoricon thread? Who's going? Being PNW has been suffering.
>>
I was thinking about going maybe. Anyone from southern oregon going up there?
>>
I bought a pass after DigiKumo on faith so I guess I'm rolling out. Probably going to end up being my first big convention back because >lolPNW
>>
>>10643543

Kumoricon 2019 was my first con. I was there for about 37 hours across 3 days, and not once did I ever feel done or that I wanted it to be over. I was so hyped for my next con.

And then lockdowns. What a sucker punch that was.
>>
>>10649508
Aren't you on fire?
>>
>>10650079
That's a little bit more south east and surprisingly hasn't had too much effect on my area in terms of smoke or anything.
>>
are anyone of you guys going to one of these
https://animecons.com/events/schedule.php?year=future&loc=usOR
>>
If November rolls around and it's somehow still on, I'll be thrilled to go for the weekend, but I have literally zero faith that we're not going to be shut down again in another four months.
>>
File: 20210514_164140.jpg (18 KB, 400x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
dead thread
>>
My lineup will be

Dante (Devil May Cry 3)
The Beast (Disney)
Austin Powers
Death (Sandman)
>>
File: gwen.jpg (85 KB, 1200x475)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
dead fucking thread
>>
>>10649572
I'm in the same boat. At worst I am expecting them to move badges into 2022 if things get canceled.
>>
is anyone going to rose city comic con?
>>
File: aa2.png (164 KB, 392x500)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
dead thread
>>
>>10671711
Eh, its months out what do you expect
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 432x168)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
https://www.kumoricon.org/?p=7504
New covid rules posted. Most of it is pretty standard: wear a mask, proof of vax or negative test, etc
Except for this helmet rule! I haven't gone to cons since 2019 so I don't know how standard this is but I feel like I've seen a lot of helmeted/full-face-masked cosplayers in recent con photos. Can't imagine mandalorians et al are going to want to get all armored up if it means they still have to carry around their helmet all day.
>>
>>10673798
How the fuck does this make literally any sense? A helmet literally is plastic or metal and would keep out more droplets compared to a piece of cloth. Who the fuck came up with this?
>>
>>10673798
Very weird. RCCC didn't care, and there were many mandos/vaders/storms and other various helmeted/masked people
>>
>>10673804
Someone that doesn't understand how this shit works
>>
I read RCCC had only one entrance to get in. Anyone know if this is something the convention center has been doing or was it the convention itself?
>>
>>10673798
at least itll keep the furfags out this year
>>
>>10678681
Haha unintended consequences but Iโ€™m not mad about it honestly.
>>
>>10673798
How is a full furry helmet not a mask? Like if you canโ€™t see that Iโ€™m not wearing a mask, Iโ€™m probably pretty effectively masked.
>>
File: 1632858464425.jpg (31 KB, 450x364)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
i've gone every year for the past half-decade but I'm skipping out this time, don't want to wear a mask the whole weekend and have my glasses fogging up the entire 3 days. shit like this makes me wonder why I got vaxxed if I have to wear a mask anyway. here's hoping next year we're finally done with this covid shit
>>
File: qiqi.png (426 KB, 600x600)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
dead thread
>>
>>10673798
there goes the potential horde of Squid Games cosplayers
>>
>>10678651
the convention
>>
File: 1631227274238.gif (273 KB, 540x655)
273 KB
273 KB GIF
Time for con crunch
>>
I was going to go this year but I bought a house and my closing date just moved to Con weekend.
FML my first con was Sakura Con 2019 so I was really excited.
I might find time to day trip it on the train from Tacoma and spend the night with a friend that down there.
>>
Schedule is live!
https://www.kumoricon.org/events
>>
Sheesh my last con was Kumo '19, feels a little surreal to be back at it again.
>>
File: FDZBruEWEAA7Hih.jpg (2.63 MB, 1466x2048)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
kumo starts today, no posts in thread
uh oh kumo bros
>>
File: 1633062167634.gif (7 KB, 70x41)
7 KB
7 KB GIF
If anyone sees a maid building gunpla feel free to say hi
>>
>>10695863
do you have a pussy?
>>
>>10695878
Yes but ive already left gunpla lounge til tomorrow >:3
>>
Thought it would rain all weekend. Weather turned out nice. Glad I wore Dante after all.
>>
Found the exhibit hall to be pretty lacking, but it's been nice being around a smaller crowd for my first con since '19
>>
fuck these cops telling me to put on a mask
>>
>>10695890
cowboy hat? cause I said whatssup, keep it crazzzzy dood
>>
>>10696042
Or him, but saw him with a Bayonatta.
>>
my feet hurt
>>
This is my first kumoricon since 2012. How has it gotten this shitty?
>>
is there a place on yotsuba to talk about cons other than /cgl/ ?
>>
>>10696288
what do you mean whats wrong with it?
>>
>>10696288
it all started with a wet market in Wuhan...
>>
decora kei bitch here, anybunny want to hang?
>>
>>10695906
Definitely agree with you on the crowd size being pleasant. Kumo was never huge but it was enough people to feel "back" without becoming crowded or hectic.
Dealer section felt weirdly lacking, I don't think I bought anything from that half of the hall.
>no dedicated wig booth (even though Arda was a sponsor?)
>only one booth selling movies
>no bookstore or manga booth
>several statue/plushie booths felt redundant (though that happens at a lot of cons)
Also was surprised how much Promare stuff was in Artist Alley. Is that movie still popular or is it just artists trying to offload merch they printed in late 2019?
>>
>>10696594
Speaking of Promare, it seems like it. I also agree the dealer hall was lacking, but i guess thats expected for the first kumo since 2019
>>
>>10696594
I was annoyed that 90% of the booths consisted of prints

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.