[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's been too long since we've had a thread specifically to talk about Japanese SS/FS (please keep Chinese SS talk to the taobao thread >>10629820 )
I've used three different SS in the past; fromjapan (before they raised their fees to stupid levels in 2017), zenmarket, and recently I've tried buyee but really didn't like them and think I'll go back to zenmarket. It seems like a lot of people in the mail thread are also getting annoyed with buyee
>>
Buyee has a nice setup, but it adds up fast when you buy a few, cheap things. I've heard some things about repeated charges from friends, but it hasn't happened to me. Probably won't use them anymore. I like Noppin and their new website is nice. I started using DEJapan when they were on hiatus, and they've been great, too. If I need to communicate with a seller, I use Japononica.
>>
Are there any other active Tokyo SS besides Sunflower?
>>
https://www.buyfags.moe/Proxy_and_forwarding_services
>>
>>10633522
No Country For Tall Men
>>
Recently made the mistake of trying out fromjapan and learned how horrible their fees are the hard way
Usually I just use white rabbit and they're alright I suppose
>>
Does anyone know about SS in other parts of the world? I want to buy something from the UK...
>>
>>10633460
I just used DeJapan. They were good about answering questions and it's overall easy to use. I don't use Buyee since a lot of items aren't available to purchase on there as many jp sellers refuse international buyers
>>
I know Tenshi was on vacation from June 28th to July 3rd, but supposedly her services weren't completely closed. However, I emailed her 3+ days ago and she hasn't replied. (Although I saw she updated her Facebook and Instagram today).
Did anyone get responses from her recently? I'm guessing if it's taken this long, she missed my email?
>>
>>10641584
I'm just trying to judge if others have had the same experience, specifically because I don't want to spam her with emails
>>
>>10641585
anon i’ve gone weeks without hearing back from tenshi (even though she saw my email and bought the thing). this has happened multiple times. wait.

i get that that’d probably be red flag behavior to other people, but tenshi has enough cred and a high enough success rate that i don’t care anymore. at least she actually ships things out. the bar is set pretty low with how shitty some SS are
>>
>>10641588
>weeks without hearing back from tenshi (even though she saw my email and bought the thing)
I've shopped with her for years and I'm actually surprised to hear this. I've never had her buy something without confirming almost immediately afterwards (although with covid a lot of times I don't know if she's been successful getting new release items until my invoice).
I'm not trying to say anything bad about her service, I was mostly just concerned. She's the best SS, honestly. The item I emailed about is already sold, but I feel like I'm questioning if my email randomly got blocked or something (given that it sounded like she was inviting people to submit service requests today for AP's new release). I'm probably just stupid though.
>>
Has anyone had any issues with Japonica lately? They’re my go-to for mercari/fril and I’ve been using them for a while, but they’re taking a long time to confirm receipt of the last thing I ordered. I asked for an update a week ago and they replied with “we’re contacting the seller.” but there was also a note in Japanese saying it had been purchased with another customer’s order from the same seller. The seller has great feedback and Japonica had actually left a positive review around the time the dress should’ve arrived. Am slightly concerned they’ve done a Bellshrimp but I wish they’d just be honest with me if so, I’d understand. It’s an AP jsk so hopefully it hasn’t gone to you-know-who kek
>>
>>10641591
nvm, turns out the seller just decided not to send it lol
>>
File: noo.png (45 KB, 573x278)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>wanted to buy some art supplies exclusive to the brand's Japanese store
>no forwarding services allowed!
damn why
>>
>>10649271
That sucks nonnie. Idk why they refuse international buyers. I won an auction and they refused to sell to me. At least this company warns you ahead of time.
>>
>>10641583
If you're going to use Tenshi, you need patience. She's been doing this since even I was a kid. She responds slowly and everyone knows about her since forever, so I imagine she's heavily overburdened.
>>
>>10641590
>I'm not trying to say anything bad about her service, I was mostly just concerned. She's the best SS, honestly. The item I emailed about is already sold

If it's sold, it's likely her that bought it. I've had her buy things and not confirm a lot. Personally, it doesn't bother me as long as she has gotten it all by the time I am shipping out. It sounds like she's backed up on orders, based on all these posts.
>>
>>10649283
She's been backed up for a while now
>>
>>10649280
Racism, that's why.
>>
>>10649310
This.
>>
>>10649280
I can imagine why a company might not want to deal with any international customers if they don't want to deal with any potential cases of product support/warranty/etc with people who don't speak Japanese, but I can't wrap my head around why so many individual one-and-done-no-returns-allowed sellers like collectable and junk sellers on Y!A refuse to sell to proxies. I guess I just don't understand racism as a reason to refuse a completed sale with legal tender for an item you're never going to see again anyway. Individuals have no real power to ultimately keep items in Japan so it seems retarded to try.
>>
>>10649271
Nonny you can still try! Some SS don’t say they are an SS on their buying profile and even just use their personal buyers account to get things for me.
i have been able to get some items from sellers who had refused to sell to better known ss like buyee or fromjapan.
and when i switched to a lesser known one like hoyoyo and tried again, i was able to get it
>>
>>10649453
See >>10649310
They don't want to deal with stupid scary foreigners in any capacity because they could complain or they could misunderstand the store's rules because they're aren't Japanese. That's literally it.
>>
>>10633702
I've been using FromJapan for a while and I like pretty much everything about it except the plan fee when buying cheap items. In what ways is White Rabbit superior to FJ? Cheaper plan fee?
>>
>>10649603
That sounds more like xenophobia than racism.
>>
>>10641590
I tried her only once. Very first time I emailed, she bought it without confirming. When I saw it sold out, I messaged again about buying my backup color instead and she freaked out on me for "scamming" her by making her buy something and not following through on the sale. I have no idea where she got the notion because she didn't invoice me at the point or even confirm she was buying anything. It was honest confusion on my part as a first time customer. Instead of calmly explaining, she made herself look unprofessional and bitchy.

I have other SS now where I don't have to worry about that type of behavior
>>
>>10641570
>I don't use Buyee since a lot of items aren't available to purchase on there as many jp sellers refuse international buyers
Main reason for that is because they tend to fuck them over, quite a few BJD artists are really angry calling out Buyee atm.
https://twitter.com/gyoukou_kan/status/1417055681463549953
>>
>>10649271
hoyoyo will get it! they're great.
>>
>>10650328
That tweet that is being quoted...
>I then suddenly received a message from the successful auction agent saying, "I'll cancel it after receipt and pay the handling fee."
Why do people feel the need to bring their shit attitude to other places and ruin it for everybody else? Damn.
>>
Which proxy service is your go-to and why? Is it:
>availability/variety of items
>lowest service fee
>best customer service
>best quality packaging
>cheapest shipping

And just for funsies, which SS would you only use if you were really desperate?
>>
Is anyone else unable to use DeJapan's site right now? It won't let me log in
>>
>>10641591
Came here to see if anyone else had issues lately.

I had orders broken into 3 parts. All arrived at the warehouse and they asked if they could make the final packing. I said yes and when the boxes showed up, 1 part was completely missing.

Now they're telling me I must pay them to ship by August 14. I think it's bullshit that they didn't combine but god damn Japanese society doesn't really have a thing about admitting service provider did wrong.

Anybody switch from Japonica to someone else?
>>
>>10652844
they split things into multiple boxes and ship out separate days to make it cheaper for you and/or less chance to be hit by customs
>>
>>10652867
I left out the part that the box wasn't full/the items left out were flat enough to fit.

They emailed me and said a staff member did make a mistake. But of course they're not extending the storage time or offering a shipping discount for wasting space in the original box
>>
>>10652844
Yep, I made the switch recently and couldn't be happier as I've also been having major issues with them as of late. Can't believe I put up with their bs for so long just because I got used to buying through them and was too afraid to step out of my comfort zone.
>>
Does anyone know of a good Korean proxy?
>>
>>10641591
They have got really slow at communicating and they recently sent someone else's dress to another gull, so...not the most reliable service desu.
>>
>>10652952
I thought that was a Chinese SS?
>>
>>10652954
See >>10652020
>>
>>10641591
Seeing these posts has made me rethink using them again. I've been using Japonica for 6+ years and only experienced an issue recently, but now seeing what other problems other people have had with them, I'll probably go with another SS.

A few months ago I put in a deposit with Japonica to bid on an AP OP about 4 days before the auction ended. They didn't tell me until several days *after* it ended that someone else put in a bid request before I did, so they couldn't bid for me. And that's only because I asked about it. It was pretty shitty honestly, but it wasn't a dream dress, so I wasn't super torn up about it. But I don't want to risk it again if they're apparently fucking up a lot of orders in general.
>>
>>10652844
I changed to White Rabbit Express for secondhand goods, works fine so far.
>>
Does anyone have xianyu ss recommendations? I use 42a for taobao but they won't purchase anything over around 100 USD of xianyu
>>
Which SS in japan have the fastest response times? my friends all recommended tenshi but she’s missed almost everything I sent her by just a few hours, and im so frustrated at missing out on my dream pieces. I’m gladly pay more..
>>
>>10653717
tenshi has missed most items i request, i might try another service soon too.. I know she's has an all time high order count but I wish she would close to new customers or smth
>>
>>10653738
Weird, tenshi always gets what I request, sometimes within minutes. I have heard she sometimes has favorites she may prioritize, maybe it's that? I don't spend nearly as much as others do on lolita though so I doubt I'd be in that category.
>>
>>10653810
idk, I've used her for a long time and pay invoices usually within an hour or so
>>
>>10653702
I use superbuy and have bought items over 1000USD
>>
I have a weird feeling that Neokyo's staff sometimes check out people's buy requests, then get the item for themselves and claim "someone else" got to it first.
There have been times that something I wanted to buy from a site like Mercari sat in a listing for months (with immediate purchases approved/enabled in the description), and yet, after I filled out a buy request to Neokyo, they let me know someone else mysteriously bought it before they could.
It just makes me feel gross and sad. I don't have any hard proof, and I could be wrong/mistaken of course, but idk. Watch out, anons. I lost a dream item.
>>
Are there any SS that will do the whole "greeting the seller in the comments before purchasing" thing that so many Mercari sellers require? I wanted to try Japonica but the posts upthread make me weary
>>
>>10654367
>>10654367
Idk, I think Mercari can be very weird. I did a buy request for a overpriced acrylic charm that had been sitting on Mercari for at least a month no comments and suddenly as soon as Neokyo asks about it some other person wants it too and asks if they can purchase it instead. Seller explains they have multiple and that Neokyo can buy it. Neokyo buys it, I'm happy and seller lists another of the charms. I checked that listing multiple times, the guy never responded back or bought it as far as I'm aware (listing is still up). I think some people just stalk a listing and want it to go down in price but if someone is gonna buy it then they feel the need to get to it first.
>>
>>10654461
I have bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Japonica and never had an issue, they have always managed to get an item for a seller who requests that, though it's only happened to me a handful of times.
>>
>>10654508
The thing with Neokyo is that they automatically purchase items if "immediate purchase OK" is in the description.
What makes me wonder is when they're able to auto-purchase, but somehow in the time they're notified of it, it gets bought by someone else when no one else should even have received a notification.
>>
>>10654601
See that's really weird. My best guess if they were to look at the orders it would be when your order needs validated. I've had a couple of things that were blocked from purchase take less than an hour to be manually verified, I don't think it would be a stretch to say they're checking normal purchases. The immediate purchase is supposedly automated from what I saw in discord, it looks for the words and if the seller words it wrong (not picked up by the word filter) Neokyo will put a comment under the listing asking if it's okay for purchase. But I've also purchased over a 100 things with their service and only had like 5 cancellations. That does sound super suspicious though, I really don't know. Sorry the service fucked you over. :(
>>
>>10654367
If that’s tree I guess that’s why their fees are cheap
>>
>>10654723
I can't beleaf it
>>
>>10654552
they take ages to reply and their email system is so annoying, fromjapan are my preferred SS and actually have a useable online request system.
>>
>>10654783
>>10654723
Lmao

Can someone elaborate on why anons keep warning against tenso. Also, to ask again, will there be issues on Japanese websites with payment due to credit card billing addresses not matching and the ability to only put Japanese billing addresses.
>>
>>10654814
I have used tenso like 10 times or more in the last few months, and it's been fine for me. Personally my card didn't run into any issues regarding the billing address situation.
>>
>>10654835
ty anon! I was going to just call my CC company and allow transactions from AP etc. Sometimes the CC company is just dumb
>>
I use spreenow and its a little expensive. Is it the budget option?
>>
>>10654461
>Are there any SS that will do the whole "greeting the seller in the comments before purchasing" thing
I didn't even know this was a thing. Is it just a thing in Japan? I don't use depop/mercari type apps at all so I'm not familiar with the "etiquette"
>>
>>10654814
Tenshi’s perfectly fine if you don’t want to pay SS fees for Japanese shopping sites like AP where you can use foreign credit cards and ship to their warehouse, just be warned of their consolidation and handling fees as they start racking up the more orders you combine
>>
>>10662539
***Tenso
>>
>>10654814
I don't use tenso ever since they switched to charging in your foreign currency and inflating the price. I use a cheaper forwarding service now anyway so I don't know the latest reasons to avoid it.
>>
>>10653702
>I use 42a for taobao but they won't purchase anything over around 100 USD of xianyu
idk what you do wrong but I have pruchased things of 300USD+ with them from xianyu just fine
>>
omfg buyees fees and shipping is so annoying like god damn. does anyone know shipping fee of fromjapan???
>>
Any SS or forwarder that has IOSS for the new tax/customs laws in Europe? my country's postal service tends to charge a hefty amount of fees on top of the VAT %, which could be avoided if VAT was prepaid
>>
>>10664594
what's your country?
>>
How come some Mercari items are available through Buyee but some aren't? Is there a work around for this? Here's the item I'm trying to get:

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m54408057723/
>>
>>10665170
Probably Bc a lot of jp sellers don’t like to sell to foreigners
>>
>>10665211
I figured out that because these are new postings, Japanese buyers get first dibs and then they eventually open up to foreigners. Does anybody know how many days that takes?
>>
I've been proxying from Japan since 2012. Pros and cons in my experience

>Zenmarket
+Cheapest fees (300 yen flat rate per item, 3.5% deposit fee) everything is up front
+Usually orders quickly during business hours (closed on Sundays but will sometimes order even then)
+Automated Yahoo auctions system
+45 days free storage
+Rakuten cashback offers on Wednesdays
+Can under declare package values even with full value insurance
+Dodges import GST fees (for New Zealand)
-Sometimes misses urgent orders e.g ordering close to the end of a sale
-Customer service team can take up to 2 days to respond and is separate to their Japan office
-Once had an issue where their deposit system screwed up and I missed an auction because of it
-Can't order from Mercari

>FromJapan
+Works 7 days a week
+Automated Yahoo auctions AND Rakuten system
+Customer service responds quickly
-Relatively high fees
-Charges import GST, cannot under declare
-Can't order from Mercari (?)

>Remambo
+Average fees (500 yen flat rate per item)
+Can order from Mercari dodging this >>10665170
+Can under declare with full insurance
~Slow ordering time? My friend said it took them a week to respond to him/place an order when he tried using them last year, although when I emailed them earlier this year they said they could place an order within a day
-Less of a full scale business than Zen or FJ

>Buyee
+Integrated mercari ordering
-Ridiculous fees
-Subject to >>10665170
-Shady business practises? Google for more info

>Worldwide Shopping
Don't

Cont.

>>10665170
>>10665221
You're thinking correctly, I think its 2-4 days or so. I don't believe it's an option set by the seller, and it applies to all listings.
>>
>>10665775
In my experience, Zenmarket is the best overall. I used to use FJ but switched once I became aware of Zenmarket. I haven't tried Remambo yet but I will the next time I would like something on Mercari, especially if they can now order within a day. I've used Buyee twice and while they order quickly, useful for rare items that are likely to sell, there are enough fees to make them non-viable for anything but this. Buyee and Worldwide Shopping are just bait for people who don't know any better which is why they have arrangements with all the major sites and stores.

I haven't tried White Rabbit or any of the others, aside from an old one I forgot the name of.
>>
Does anyone know what Japonica's Mercari username is?
>>
>>10665790
There’s more than one. Why do you need to know?
>>
>>10665791
Trying to figure out whether they got my item or if it was another SS
>>
Why do so many people say that FJ has high fees when they’re the same as ZenMarket?
>>
>>10653702
>>10653814
How are you guys able to navigate the xianyu app? Everytime I’ve tried it just stays on the loading screen until it times out.
>>
Which SS will get stuff from in person events in the Tokyo area?
>>
>>10652892
What did you switch to?
>>
>>10666267
Sunflower Seed
>>
>>10665854
they changed their fee structure recently from fee per order to fee per item so maybe it's that? i don't know, they are officially working with fril/rakuma so i am still going to use them.
>>
Does anyone know if there's a way to register on Mercari Japan to ask a question or negotiate with a seller if I don't have a Japanese phone number or physical address? Obviously I intend to buy with a shopping service, I just need more information about the condition of what I'm buying.
>>
>>10649310
No you retard art supplies (like video games and certain outdoor brands) have very strict region selling locks to protect their distributors. In this case I’d guarantee you their wholesale agreement stipulates that they cannot sell to regions xyz.

Never ceases to amaze me how people are magically capable of considering racism when there’s the slightest loss it may apply to them.
>>
>>10669476
Just make an account on tenso and it'll give you an address and phone number
>>
>>10669518
Thanks very much, this actually seems to work, but the phone number they gave me is a landline one and Mercari specifically requires a mobile number.
>>
>>10669757
I don't think it matters
>>
>>10649456
hoyoyo is great.
>>
Speaking of hoyoyo, is anyone else having problems with using paypal when filling out a purchase page recently? I can choose to pay with the money in my account but it won't let me select paypal. Can't tell if the problem is on my end or theirs
>>
>>10664692
same
>>
>>10673090
>>10664692
Zenmarket does
https://zenmarket.jp/en/blog/post/10269/vat-import-rules-eu
>>
>>10654814
>>10662722
This and also their lack of alternative shipping methods during covid are why I've been trying to avoid going through them for anything lately. I can't believe they still don't offer DHL or Yamato.

>>10665775
Just wanted to add, I've been using FromJapan for around 8 years, and I will say their customer service has gotten more iffy as time went on. Had issues a few years ago with electing to combine and ship an order on the way to the warehouse with one on the edge of the hold limit, which they didn't used to have any problem with. And more recently, I had to email them twice to buy a simple phonecase because first they told me they couldn't purchase it, allowing it to sell out, and when I emailed asking for a reason they suddenly decided there was no reason they couldn't have purchased it. I was lucky it ended up getting restocked.

I will probably try ZenMarket if they screw up again..
>>
Is using a SS really worth it? All I hear is complaints and sounds complicated.
>>
>>10674105
I still haven't had any issues with FJ yet, thankfully, and have been using them VERY heavily recently.
>>
>>10674154
Yes, considering most shops don't ship international and those who do 1. only ship via EMS, 2. have no fucking clue about IOSS, or 3. use a ss as international shipping partner to begin with (usually the ver expensive ones while at it).
>>
>>10674105
Tenso uses DHl, they always have. You just have to use the contact us form to request it. If you don’t have ems like Canada they put it with the reg shipping options.
>>
>>10674774
I honestly never knew that! Thank you so much for telling me, I swear I had looked for it in their shipping options page previously and did not see any alternatives to Japan Post.
>>
Wasn't there a list of different SS?
>>
>>10676465
>>10633524
>>
>Item I ordered on aliexpress on August 27th still isn't fucking here
>Shipping info hasn't updated since the 2nd
I'm starting to get mad
>>
>>10676635
They probably fled. Ali has a lot of people who won't say they can't get the item ready fast to you, but they'll just sit on it. I refund after things don't ship in the time limit. I've had two aliexpress sellers tell me one particular pair of lolita shoes won't be manufactured in the appropriate amount of time, so I've never been able to get those damn shoes from China.

Just refund it, if you can't wait. There's also always a possibility they closed the item page because they don't have it anymore. I wouldn't just sit on it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.