[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I really enjoyed the last thread we had of this so I decided to make a new one. Related to the pic, does anyone have any experience buying from Whimsy Kei Shop? They have a collection dropping tomorrow that I'm debating on snagging
>>
>>10612127
I love her pieces that I have. Not a fan of every theme she does but I buy when I like the motifs. I have the dangly moon earrings with the star charms and I like them a lot and wear them with pastel outfits and coords all the time; the quality is decent as well. I saw her latest collection on ig and it looks pretty cute; it seems like the quality of the earrings are actually getting better as the type of clasp on her newest earrings is a bit more secure than the ones I own currently that are just a normal earring hook. Prolly gonna try to grab ring, earrings, and necklace from the drop this weekend.
>>
>>10612156
That’s good to hear that the quality is decent! I missed out on the V-Day pieces so I might give in and get all the pieces that are coming out
>>
I want to like this but this is just so incredibly awkward. This is as someone who really likes the shape of a robe polonaise as well, but the cloth just seems weirdly bunched up here.
>>
>>10612268
The lace also looks super cheap on the collar like that.
>>
>>10612127
I have mixed feelings on them. They are DEFINITELY handmade, which isn’t everyone’s style and I found the scale of the pieces to be super awkward irl. The biggest issue I have by far is their plastic chain, which is super cheap/dollar store feeling. At the same time, they charge lower prices than some other indie jewelry so it makes sense that their materials are not as high quality. DP and other plastic indie jewelry charge insane prices for their goods imho.
>>
>>10612268
>>10612271
agree on the lace but I love the way the skirt is gathered for some reason, it's just really charming
>>
>>10612268
I think it's a combination of the lace in the collar, as the other anon pointed out, and the sort of disconnect between the skirt and the bodice. The bodice looks ~too~ simple for a retroussée, and when you look at historical garments, the upper layer of the skirt starts a bit more at the sides so you don't get that awkward bunching at the sides that you speak of
>>
Anyone else immediately gtfo when they see BLM/trans pride stuff in a seller's shop? Whether it's jewelry, a pop up message, a donation link, idc. Heads up to dozens of instagram artists: I almost bought your stuff, before I realized your brain is dumpster slime and my money would be going you on behalf of more dumpster slime people.
>>
>>10612383
Not really. If I like their stuff I'll buy it. I usually just don't happen to like the work of people who make actual pieces with that stuff in their shop because the designs tend to be lazy and rely on the messaging to sell rather than the aesthetic. I'm not gonna avoid buying something actually cute if they have something like that in heir bio or whatever, if the items look fine and don't have it on them, idc.
>>
>>10612383
I definitely do that. I just dont want to deal with people like that desu
>>
>>10612383
If I can easily get the equivalent item elsewhere then I always skip the SJW shop. But it depends on how obnoxious the agenda is.

Like one of the sticker shops I buy from has a huge variety of pride, BLM, menhera, feminist, fetish, political, vegan, etc. designs. I don't agree with the messages on a lot of their stuff, but it's clearly just theme categories. And they don't say they're donating money to any bullshit organizations, or plaster wokie shit all over their FAQ, or any of that shit.

But on the other hand, I thought about ordering from Whimsy Kei last year and went with a different etsy store for my generic cheap "kawaii" jewelry needs, because they were pushing their black butterfly series front and center.
>>
>>10612383
The way you wrote that kinda makes it seem like your brain is slime lmao. Like most actual lolitas, I really don’t care what someone’s position is on much of anything if they’re selling something I like. If they’re like a crazy vocal q nut or super gross I might abstain but honestly I think most people in this consumer based fashion really don’t care all that much about the morals or values of the people they buy from, even if they’re in your face about it. At the end of the day I write them off as hypocrites until they, themselves, are donating to these causes.
>>
>>10612443
Just looked it up, and that literally supports the black child development institute which literally provides educational and early childhood support for black kids in the black belt. What’s so offensive to you about that? Jeez.
>>
>>10612449
I never read the description to see she was sending it to a proper charity. The listing literally says Black Lives Matter in the title, and the category title is Butterflies for Black Lives, so why would I bother clicking on BLM shit?
>>
>>10612449
Nayrt but if it’s associated with a terrorist organization like BLM I wouldn’t buy it regardless
>>
>>10612466
(You)
>>
>>10612467
You should educate yourself on what all they’ve done. They lure people in under the promise of standing up for the black community but that’s just a guise. BLM rioters have destroyed many, MANY black owned businesses this past year. They don’t stand for black empowerment at all. Support the black owned businesses destroyed by them directly.

Don’t automatically assume everyone who doesn’t support the BLM organization is racist. That is close minded and shows how uninformed you are.
>>
>>10612459
Sounds like a you problem anon. Tbh I wouldn’t have clicked on it cause it’s pretty ugly IMO, and that’s what we’re here to discuss so fuck off with your weird ass race dialogue.
>>
>>10612471
>>10612466
its a dumb slogan & at most a political movement, not an "organization", you sound like my boomer tinfoil hat wearing uncle. not saying people haven't done horrible things during BLM riots, but if you're going to make these arguments at least get your facts right

>>10612383
I find the SJW shit grating but it depends. If someone's donating some proceeds to some kind of charity for poor people (trans/black/etc. mutual aid or otherwise), I think thats nice and don't care what politic its associated with. If its someone just trying to make a buck off of inflammatory political shit then I steer clear of it.
>>
>>10612486
I agree. Tbh it seems like a slippery slope for businesses who do this. Throwback to that girl who flipped the fuck out on insta after that shop donated to Feeding America instead of some more sjw centered organization. From a business standpoint, it feels like a lose-lose. No matter who you donate to, somebody’s gonna bitch about it, and you’re out that $$$.
>>
>>10612486
if its not an organization who did I donate 25$ to last year
>>
>>10612506
>she fell for some random tumblr kinnie teenager's "support BLM" gofundme
>>
>>10612508
my college actually donated part of our ancillary fees to BLM Atlanta
>>
>>10612506
assuming you weren't scammed, you probably donated to some mutual aid / bail fund for BLM protesters.

anyway can we talk about indie brands and not BLM
>>
>>10612268
>>10612271
I agree it's the style of lace that cheapens it, not the gathering. Who made this?
>>
>>10612496

I've been thinking of donating to some causes I'm passionate about, but I think I'll do it privately since I'll probably come under fire for not donating to blm causes. Do you mind providing some sauce for that btw? Just genuinely curious what the fallout is.
>>
>>10612625

Kaneko shop. They're really hit or miss imo, and although I bought their last release, their dresses kind of come off as frumpy. Maybe it's the mannequin, idk though.
>>
>>10612383
>BLM
No
>Trans
Sometimes, if I like the product enough I’ll buy it despite that.
>>
>>10612633
NTA but I'm assuming they're talking about Onegaishi since she did a fundraiser for Feeding America. I once got aggresively called out in my insta comments for "appropriating" Japanese culture by designing a pretty generic sakura-shaped earring set. Blocked them, and removed the comment, then got PM'd by an SJW crowd about how I'm avoiding accountability. These insta mobs are honestly the worst, and it really sucks because no matter what you do you're kinda fucked. You kinda have to just ride it out until they target some other poor fuck.

As an indie brand owner, I kinda wish we had our own thread to discuss shitty gulls/insta users. Honestly, the number of "influencer" lolitas essentially asking for freebies is too damn high, and if it weren't bad business I'd name and shame. It sucks cause when we get rude, shitty, low quality customers we don't really have any recourse. Such is life, but it would be nice to have a thread to vent about it.

In short, please support indie brands we deal with a lot of shit and unlike other gulls, we can't really do anything about it without hurting our business.
>>
>>10612905
I feel you anon. I had a foot fetishist make 3 separate accounts to continually message my store and comment to call me out for blocking her. I blocked her because she had this kinky foot pic as her profile photo and kept fucking commenting on all my posts, so everyone looking at my stuff would see their gross ass feet. Business instas don't get to say things like no kinksters/ddlg/abdl, because when we do that we get bombarded with comments and DMs about how we're discriminatory, and in general it's bad for business.
>>
>>10612905
>the number of "influencer" lolitas essentially asking for freebies is too damn high
This I am very interested in.
>>
>>10612905
Onegaishi is a shitty scalper.

Fwiw I try to support small brands I like and post about them to my socials when I can. I'd like to know who's begging for free stuff so others can avoid them. I doubt you'd be outed since they probably message dozens of shops.
>>
>>10612912
NTA but basically all the major players have subtly asked me for free shit. The only one who hasn't is Tyler, and I'm pretty sure that's because she's an AP whore for life.
>>
>>10612909
I know exactly who you're talking about. Crazy bitch.
>>
>>10612915
The only "e-famous" customer I've had who actually paid for their order without trying to haggle me was fluffykawaiijo.
>>
>>10612905

Thanks for the context. I'm sorry that happened to you though. Woke and cancel culture really is a plague.

I'd also be interested in one of these threads, but you're right it won't end well unfortunately. cgl is pretty brutal to small brands who are not exactly to their standards, even if they have occasionally rightfully called out a few really bad ones. And you know those people we're trying to warn against are probably lurking here and would flood a thread like that.
>>
>>10612915
>major players
I can see people like k8, frillyberry and lor begging for free items. Hell, lor won't wear shit unless it's free.
>>
>>10612910
This really makes me wonder how poor popular lolitas must be. My online footprint is pretty low, and I would never try to haggle with a small business/indie creator. I don't even do that shit with big businesses.
>>
idgaf because I don't sell anymore but
> Lor hmu for freebies
>minty went full Karen trying to get free international shipping
>k8 wanted free merch for a promo
What's tricky about it is that it's pretty rare for someone to be transparent about it. If I were to count every time I got a winky face DM after someone who thinks they're e-famous ordered something this list would be hella long. So many people assume all indie brands are desperate for sales and exposure but I literally quit running my shop becase I couldn't keep up with the demand and the products are really labor intensive. Why on earth would I ever give away free merch?
>>
>>10612922
It's pretty obvious they're pretty much all poor. Have you seen k8s apartment? How about the fact that lor continually shills devil inspired for some side cash? Tyler is lower middle class at best, and that's almost certainly from her husband. I guess jo is rich, cause you'd have to be to burn money on funding her "brand".
>>
>>10612924
>it's pretty rare for someone to be transparent about it
This drives me crazy. I'm not totally opposed to giving freebies when the timing is right, I've got stuff set aside for just that. But if you want freebies or a quid pro quo just come out and fucking ask. Don't be like uwu I bought your thing, it could look so cute in this post I'm planning etc.
>>
>>10612926

Considering that even the bigger online creators I know are pretty thrifty or do it as a side hustle, pretty fucking poor. I'm a little baffled how they can make a living on 10-20k views per video and have enough to eat.
>>
>>10612929
Most of them don't and that's kinda the problem for indie brands. They are supplementing their income by trying to squeeze us like we're not our here actually putting something of tangible value into the world to make our living.
>>
Is there a list of indie shops somewhere? I’m drowning in “handmade” taobao resellers
>>
>>10612915
lmao even loveliest of lors?
>>
>>10612940
She's notorious for being a freeloader. A few anons said she guilt tripped them for discounts or freebies and I'll bet money she harasses the brands she promotes to give her shit.
>>
>>10612915
I don’t even know who the biggest players are considered anymore.
>>
>>10612937
Check past indie brand/review threads, there have definitely been some pretty good dumps
>>
Please stay focused. Anyone know any good places to get quality blouses?
>>
>>10613074
Burando basically. Taobao blouses are always a bit off to me. I also have heard good things about Glitter Tale and they have a catalogue of tons of designs on their fb. I haven't bought any yet as I'm in the middle of losing a good bit of weight and want them made in my smaller size, but they do custom sizing for big or small people. If anyone here has ordered from them recently and can vouch for the quality please let us know.
>>
>>10612383

Absolutely. If I want something bad enough, I can learn to make it myself. Let's be honest, resin 'jewelry' isn't all that impressive.
>>
>>10612905
Please name and shame them.
>>
>>10612950
>I'll bet money she harasses the brands she promotes
Chinese brands give away promos like candy so idk about that.
>>
>>10613076
It really depends on what you're looking for. Poly vs cotton? actual indie brand? Sweet or classic?
>>
>>10612930
content creators *are* putting out something of value anon. Just because not everyone's out here hot-gluing cabochons to ribbons doesn't mean they're not producing anything.
>>
>>10613150
Content creators haven’t put anything of value out since Deerstalkers quit making lolita videos. You can’t seriously think video 1937742 of Lor being an ita asspatting other itas or video 42069 of Tyler being a snarky cunt with crazy eyes is “something of value.”
>>
>>10613137
>Chinese brands give away promos like candy so idk about that.
why is that??? do hinese companies need the PR that badly? Fucking ruined my DMs with ppl asking for promos and I go to their profile and all they're shilling is amazon and taobao. Genuinely curious how and why chinese brands do so much promo
>>
>>10613170
Lower production cost probably?
>>
>>10613150

Here's the thing though - it's not something we want. Most of us already have a demand we're happy with, so them swarming our DMs is a slightly more annoying version of car warranties by thinking they can prey on our anxiety we're not getting enough business and get free shit out of it. No, fuck off. You're not even a very good advertiser.

>>10613170
Lower cost of production due to being factory made I'm guessing. If they have enough of a bottom line to be throwing around shit for free I really don't mind that, but consumers need to understand some handmade creator is not going to have the resources nor the time to be throwing around free shit.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for sweet/maybe classical leaning jewelry that doesn't have a ton of resin/acrylic/plastic looking materials? US sellers preferred.
>>
What happened to Neant Glass?? Their website is gone
>>
>>10613252

It's still up for me, and they just sold some stock literally yesterday.
>>
>>10613253
Really...? For me I get a blank black page that just says

>This domain has expired. If you owned this domain, contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance.

What URL are you using? I was checking neant.glass/collections
>>
>>10613256
SA- Nevermind, I googled and it looks like the URL changed to a dot com domain now, I just didn't see it when I searched the first time. I'm dumb. Mystery solved.
>>
>>10613170
>>10613180
It has very little to do with production cost, and everything to do with business models. Most Chinese brands don't actually cost that much less to produce than AP or Baby at scale. However, their business model is completely different. AP and Baby seek out exclusivity and have no need to give away promos. Chinese brands want everyone on the planet to buy their shit and make their money by shilling their shit to every person on the planet with the $40 to spend on it.
>>
>>10613353
What...? No one is comparing Chinese brands to Baby and AP here, anon, this is the indie thread. We're comparing Chinese brands to usually single-person indie creators, who definitely have a totally different and much lower operating cost to brands.
>>
>>10613076
>>10613074
Don’t buy glitter tale custom size, it’s not scaled properly and fits like shit even if you follow the directions

At least taobao blouses are cheap to take a risk on, custom Glitter Tale is expensive and worthless if it doesn’t suit you
>>
>>10613372
Even for non plus sized custom size is it bad?
>>
>>10613371
NTA but most indie brands are in China, and most western indie brands produce their clothing in China, so the costs are quite similar.
>>
>>10613404
Anon just admit you didn't read the conversation you replied to
>>
>>10613412
Chill out jeez no one fucking cares.

I’m an indie brand and I regularly give out promos of my high-margin items and it’s paid off big time. No one talks about it, but necklaces, for example, cost at most $5-8 a piece. So from my perspective paying $8 to get a brand referral from someone with 5k+ followers is the cheapest advertising around. Part of being in the artist alley/ indie biz is getting DMs from people asking for free shit, if it’s really that bothering for you, you should probably look elsewhere a job.
>>
>>10613415

I'm getting plenty of business without resorting to that, lol. I have noticed that brands that are considered to be lower quality do shill their items to 'popular' lolitas to do the advertising for them though, so big oof.
>>
>>10613417
Sure Jan.
>>
>>10613421

Says the person giving free shit to people with 5k followers.
>>
>>10612383
Yep. No interest in supporting degeneracy.
>>
>>10613423
5k in lolita space is actually pretty big if it matches up with engagement and they're solely lolita.
>>10613446
Ugh, imagine thinking that being vocal about BLM qualifies as degeneracy. Anyways, I don't buy it for a second. Most of the girls I know would buy milky planet from fucking hitler given the chance. No one gives a fuck what you slap on your profile if they actually want your stuff.
>>
>>10613452
>AP hires troon trash despite numerous complaints, people still buy
>Baby has an actual racist handling their interntional orders with numerous complaints, people still buy
>Mr. Yan has god know how many allegations, people still buy
> Gothic Lolita Wigs is still a thing despite not only shitty conduct, but also abuse of employees
>matsuricon still exists
>scalpers still exist
>numerous cows with abhorrent behavior still run very active lace market accounts
It's pretty clear lolitas at large dgaf about the politics and behavior of who gets them their kawaii fix. But by all means, go off in this thread about how terrified you are with being confronted with the existence of a changing social landscape that your sorry old ass can't wrap your narrow mind around.
>>
>>10613455
I think you meant >>10613446
>>
>>10613452

Maybe 2 years ago, but not anymore. There's definitely follower inflation to the point 5k isn't really big for even the lolita world.
>>
>>10613455
Let's not forget that metamorphose made die walkure and they still have a ton of woke stans for their ~*size inclusivity*~
>>
>>10613455
>Baby has an actual racist handling their interntional orders with numerous complaints, people still buy
Who now?
>>
>>10613537
Not anymore, she got fired
>>
>>10613537
There was a xenophobic Japanese shop girl in the past.
>>
>>10613455
Anime Matsuri, Matsuricon is a different con in Ohio

Unless there's some story with the egl community there too

I agree with you though, for the most part no one cares at the end of the day, though I think I would hesitate to buy from a single maker or seller if they had said or done something particularly egregious in my eyes, as opposed to a company which is made up of more people than just the one problem worker, you know?

>>10613537
>https://desuarchive.org/cgl/thread/10224594/#10227603
This is a good tldr of the Baby situation
>>
>>10613497
you forget anon, antisemitism doesn't exist in woke circles and until literally 2 months ago neither did anti-Asian racism. This is what reminds me that these SJWs are full of shit and only interested in commenting on justice when said topic is trendy. Even so I'm pretty sure these "I never buy from BLM cus my shit morals" people are just blowing smoke and trying to intimidate the indie brands that stalk this board, as if we didn't have enough on our plate to begin with.
>>
>>10613455
>bitter oldfags triggered by changing social landscape
If this ain't all of CGL...
>>
>>10613581
Antisemitism is actually one of the most discussed or well dealt with types of racism imo. I see people talking about it all the time and being antisemitic will get you legit cancelled in entertainment whereas being racist kinda won't do anything if you're a big scale entertainer or something (I assume this is because Jewish people are still white and everyone cares more if you're shitty to white people than brown/nonwhite racial minorities like Asian, Latino, and all). Hating Jews is more taboo for Nazis than hating blacks and Mexicans which is why they have so many dogwhistles and slang and codewords just for that, whereas they feel comfortable being anti immigration from south of the border, condoning anti-asian hate, crude jokes, behaviors, and saying negative things about black people because mainstream conservatism agrees with that stuff, while antisemitism is not mainstream.
>>
>>10613581
>you forget anon, antisemitism doesn't exist in woke circles
SJW tend to be pro-Palestine, that's probably why (not saying all SJW are antisemetic because of course there's also a lot of liberal Jews who are pro-Palestine, but I've definitely seen it rear up)
>Even so I'm pretty sure these "I never buy from BLM cus my shit morals" people are just blowing smoke
You're 100% right about that though, it goes both ways
>>
>>10613590
I mean that and the fact that there are a lot of Jewish people high up in the entertainment industry. I assume they don't want to work with people being jerks about their people.
>>
>>10613455
This is what I'm saying, like outside of being shat on on FB for like a day, nobody gets "canceled" Lor still popular, black nazi-chan still has an audience, and even Tyler is still has her following.

People don't give a shit about politics, left or right, they just dont want to come off as rude
>>
>>10613590
>while antisemitism is not mainstream.
Laughs in euro. Also even in the US casual anti Semitism is incredibly common and has festered its way into the mainstream. There was a shooting at the synagogue a block from my house and I’ve literally seen Jewish families heckled by passing cars on a pretty regular basis. What’s worse is that when Jewish people speak out about anything other than the actual fucking Holocaust they’re routinely told by sjw goys to take a back seat because they’re not *as* oppressed as insert group x. I feel the same way about it as I do about the term BIPOC which was purposely engineered to exclude asians from the conversation about racism.
>>
>>10613613
.... Anon, what does antisemitism have to do with being pro-Palestine?

Like how ignorant, to just assume anyone who is pro-palestine is automatically anti-Jewish
>>
>>10613934
Did you... just blind the entire second half of that line or what
>>
So does anybody actually own that fluffykawaiijo dress? It seems she's been trying to sell it forever.
>>
Can we stay on topic PLEASE. I wanted to talk more about sending items free of charge in exchange for a review. Is it really that bad of an idea? I was planning on doing it...
>>
>>10616778
If you think it's worth it, do it.
>>
>>10616778
When I worked at an ad agency we were told by management to not give any incentives for leaving reviews since that undermines the percieved validity of the reviews. But we would do "if you had a good experience, please remember to leave us a review/if you had a bad experience, please contact us so we can make it right" campaigns to influence customer reviews in a legitimate way. If you are trying to get reviews on your shop, put something like that on the paper you include with the shipment. Not sure how that translates to influencer videos/posts - maybe gift an item in exchange for an unboxing, but don't really focus of the review aspect - no one is going to trust the influencer saying it's 5/5 stars anyway.
>>
>>10616778
Its up to you.

If you do it, make sure to include a discount code for your influencers. This makes it easier to track if you are getting traffic from them or not.

I dont contact too many people for ads but Im not opposed to it completely. Im pretty select with who I want to work with and I need to actually enjoy their content/insta/whatever to send them stuff.
>>
>>10616778
In my experience I would only do this if your problem is traffic and I wouldn’t ask for a review, I’d ask for an unboxing/share. If you get traffic but no sales, the problem is your price/product not brand awareness. I also do this from time to time if I have a lot of competition for a design, so mine needs to stand out.
>>
>>10617120
I appreciate your insight as an industry professional. I was honestly hoping less for a review and more for an influencer to simply name drop me. I'm still honestly in the prototyping stage of my product because I'm being picky about the quality, and I was planning on also finding people willing to test my items in exchange for their private feedback.
>>
>>10612383
oh stfu you snowflake
>>
>>10612466
“terrorist organization” go outside the internet is clearly rotting your brain
>>
>>10617400
>>10617401
No need to samefag, you could've fit both of those responses in one post.
>>
>>10612921
aw, lor doesn’t seem the type
>>
>>10617218
Honestly at this stage whether or not you should do freebies should be the last thing on your mind. If you don’t have a product yet, that’s the first step. I’d be cautious sending out samples for feedback to people you don’t know because you won’t get honest feedback from most influencer types, and it’s far more likely that your prototype will be lost/copied. I’d find local people you trust and have specific questions for them, plus you can conserve your prototypes.
>>
Does anyone have any good hat source recommendations? I know of Sylvia Quaint, whose work I like, and Taobao of course, but a lot of the Taobao hats tend to be OTT stuffmonsters.
>>
>>10612383
I'm the opposite way, if they have any links to the "thin blue line" or are bootlickers, I don't want their stuff. If I see BLM or something, I feel better about buying their stuff.
>>
>>10617527
For me it's simple: are they advertising a strong belief that is harmful? If not, I still buy.
>>
>>10617533
I'm very political, so same.
>>
>>10617488
Tbh handmade hats are where it’s at, unless it’s from the same brand as what you’d like it to match with. Otherwise color matching is a pain in the ass, so personally I’d rather do it myself.
>>
>>10613074
Buy 1900s blouses from ebay. Like, really. No polyester shit, nice lace, tailored to fit western frames. It's also waaaaay cheaper than brand, for a higher quality imo. Wouldn't recommend it if you're plus size tho.
The problem is that you won't find other colors than white or off-white, so you'll probably have to learn how to dye clothing.
>>
>>10617589

I mean, if I have to my make my own, okay, but that's another thing on my list of stuff I have to do myself. I'd love to support an indie brand or individual milliner instead.
>>
>>10617527
>>10617533
>tfw lesbian and want to offer lesbian themed items but people will accuse you of pushing a political agenda
>>
>>10617589

nayrt but not all of us are adept at sewing. Plus, Sylvia Quaint's hats are really well made, and there's a price to pay for that. She'll also work very hard with you to match any particular outfit, she definitely did for me and I'm so happy with mine as I have a lot of similar dresses (please don't ask, I have an addiction to dusty pink)
>>
>>10618231

I don't think you should listen to them - this is the community to do lesbian items in. The naysayers in this thread don't seem to affect selling; in fact after the whole BLM push a lot of black sellers hopping on the wagon got MORE support. And openly feminist brands like Ixdoxdeclare get so much support for their 'don't touch me' in latin waistbands. So I'd say go for it.
>>
>>10618231
>lesbian
literally it's like that one joke where a daughter comes out to parents and they barely respond, then her brother comes out saying he might be gay and it's an instant disowning.
Conservatives find you hot, lefties find you hot and you're in essentially a primarily wlw hobby.
>>
>>10618246
what I mean is, you're unlikely to lose any customers because if anyone is homophobic, they're unlikely to hate lesbians unless they are tr00ns or sissies
>>
>>10618250
>unless they are tr00ns or sissies
I think you're underestimating the number of these people who are vocal online, and how many asslicking supporters they have
>>
>>10618332
I think you're overestimating it, especially in lolita. Most lolitas I know are wlw in some capacity and lesbophobia is a really hot-button issue online rn
>>
>>10618231
fucking do it, anon. I'll support you.
>>
>>10618352
The same people who are like uwu soft woolawoo will turn around and freak the fuck out when you assert that being a lesbian means you do not like penis
>>
This. I don't identify as a lesbian any more because it turns out I'm bi, but some people online insist that lesbians can learn to like dick if it's attached to a girl. It's the same rhetoric right wing nutjobs spew, repackaged to seem woke.
>>
Does anyone own necklaces or rings from Of A Long Lost Land? How is the quality?
>>
did anybody wind up getting this ridiculous thing
>>
Any other brands that do old school stuff other than RRM, Summertales, or lab de merveilles?
>>
>>10621041
I got it. Haven’t tried it on yet but all of my friends have and they are impressed with the quality. I like the pochette that I got with it. She threw in a matching mask, and that was cool. The delays were kinda shitty, but I understand that she got overwhelmed. I don’t mind because she communicated with me very well, and responded very quickly throughout the entire waiting period.
>>
>>10621041
This looks more like a 50’s style dress you’d get at Hot Topic than lolita in my opinion. Probably due to the all over print and lack of details. I wish indie brands would put more effort into the design elements on dresses.
>>
>>10622043
does it have the "polyester look" in real life that it seems to have in pictures? it's a fun piece that looks like it'd be really versatile outside of lolita but i dont want to spend that much for garbage. im impressed with the bodice structure compared to other indie brands at the same price point too, does it look that good in real life?
>>
File: rf65fbtxgjc21.jpg (71 KB, 640x448)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10613581
I'm not "blowing smoke" or trying to intimidate anyone, straight up if I see blm shit or donation/paypal links for some sjw bullshit, I empty my cart and move on. I've had times where I spent almost $300 on an indie brand, only buying jewelry for instance, and backed out because I didn't want my money to go to a troon/terrorist apologist/zionist/etc lol it's called voting with your dollar bitch
>>
>>10620839
Shop link? The name is so vague all my attempts at googling are failing
>>10622195
It's just princess seams anon. It's not that impressive
>>
>>10620839
>>10622202
Ah nevermind, I'm retarded. I was searching for "of a lost land' which is why I couldn't find anything, somehow mentally skipped the "long" part
>>10622201
Can you shut the fuck up and stay on topic please
>>
File: clara-jsk-red-1.jpg (312 KB, 1000x1427)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>10622202
im not talking about the choice of seaming but how tidy and well fitted it looks in the photos. vf does princess seams also but it literally always looks bizarre at best and terrible at worst
>>
>>10613184
My Inspiration, maybe
>>
>>10622228
Do you have a link? Google is pretty unhelpful. Thanks either way!
>>
>>10622285
da but
>https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyInspirationJewelry
>>
>>10613590
You're obviously not Jewish or else you'd understand the excessive amounts of casual antisemitism that are perpetuated in leftist circles.
>>
>>10622195
I have it, and it's a super soft cotton, not polyester. I was surprised by the quality to be honest! The shipping did take longer than expected, but it seems like every indie brand is getting overwhelmed with orders lately.
>>
>>10623017
the "casual antisemetism" comes from jews of color but go off I guess.
Disliking Israel isn't antisemetism and neither is being upset for being treated as lesser for being mixed by white passing jews.
>>
>>10623092
Fucking goys lmao
>>
>>10623125
being a different race doesn't make me a goy, thats incredibly racist.
>>
>>10623130
You just spouted off with the Jewish equivalent of “well uh black on black crime”. Of course there’s tensions racism and all around problematic behavior between Jewish sects and practices but to try to imply that the bulk of anti Semitic pressure isn’t coming from outside the community in this year 2021 is so incredibly off base you’d have to be goyim
>>
>>10622305
These are beautiful, thanks for posting. Btw if you know of any true jewelers (aka making jewelry from total scratch not just assembling components) that do suitable stuff for lolita I'd love to see it. They don't have to explicitly target a jfash audience, just have suitable things
>>10623242
>>10623130
Both of you shut up and stay on topic. This has nothing to do with indie brands
>>
Let's get this thread back on track. Has anyone bought from Le Carrousel? Their blouses look nice but they're not shipping to my country during COVID so I can't try one out. They're pretty cheap, but they don't look like they're poor quality.
>>
>>10624736
Hi there! I own two blouses from them and they're good quality (short sleeved, white and yellowy). I plan on purchasing soon again because there's a very cute solid jsk (I think agnes?) and OP (magdalene).
>>
>>10624736
Never heard of them but damn for the price the construction seems better than average and the materials not expensive but not horribly cheap either!
>>
>>10624736
Link? Googling it is only bringing back irrelevant results (and when I add "shop" to the search it's only returning normie shops)
>>
>>10625077
http://lecarrousel.iluria.com/index.html
>>
does anyone here have indie goth recs? it looks like a lot of the ones i was familiar with are closed or on hiatus.
>>
>>10625082
Lilith et edalia (sp?) maybe
>>
>>10612383
Yes. I’m so fucking tired of seeing BLM that if a shop has it in their bio, as a highlight on their page, on their links page, or whatever, I automatically start looking for alternatives. It’s been a year since the protests. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>10625100
Bitch it’s been a year since that comment. You stfu.
>>
>>10625105
>It’s been a year since the protests.

Shhhhh nobody tell them that black people are humans whose lives matter whether there are protests or not

Do you also get pissed when creators donate proceeds of products to pro-LGBT organizations during pride month?
>>
>>10625138
Sorry, meant to quote >>10625100 for their whiny complaints over nothing

People like that aren't trying to buy from indie brands anyway and are just mouthing off to create fake pressure/shaming creators into being afraid to even acknowledge social issues because they're whiny conservatives mad they have to see rainbow flags or protests on the news.
>>
>>10625138
n
>>
any recs for places with strawberry, chocolate, and/or donut themed jewelry and accessories?
>>
File: 1491309651677.png (61 KB, 405x274)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>10625172
>>
>>10625138
>>10625105
>>10625140
All of you stfu and post indie brands. Does anyone know what happened to that shop on Etsy that sold really inexpensive but well made bloomers and petticoats? I can't remember the name except that I think it had the word "basic" in it somewhere and also that I don't think it's on Etsy anymore. I bought a pair of bloomers for maybe $10-20? in 2015 from that shop and still have them. There's no label or anything identifying on the actual garment but if it helps anyone remember, they've been sewn with a serger and not a regular sewing machine
>>
>>10625138
Yes. Also F the gays and their supporters.
>>
>>10625182
What your describing sounds like a reseller of taobao goods tbph
>>
>>10625182
I think they were called BasicLove. I have a pair of bloomers I bought from them in 2015 as well that are still holding up. I tried looking them up on Etsy a few months ago and saw that the shop is no longer available, so I'd also like to know what happened to them
>>
>>10612445
>If they’re like a crazy vocal q nut or super gross I might abstain
You sound like you're a far left sjw who doesn't realise their ideology is just as crazy to normal people as qanon people. You say that you don't care about politics but then in the same breath say that you'll avoid people for their politics. Pick one.
>>
File: image.png (1.5 MB, 1208x984)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>10625078
I'm impressed by the non print Mary magdalene replicas/lookalikes. The quality doesn't look horrible
>>
>>10625228
>saying black people shouldn't be murdered in the street and people should have healthcare is exactly the same as saying Hillary clinton skinned a child on video to drink its blood for adrenochrome
>>
>>10624808
Are they cotton? I can't see on their website where they say what their dresses and blouses are made of.
>>
>>10625228
>>10625235
Piss the fuck off. Make a new thread for your reeing.
>>
>>10625187
No she made them herself. I think >>10625222 is the store I'm thinking of. I wonder if she's still selling on another platform?
>>
>>10612521
Most of the money blm received isnt even redirected toward the black community it was just a fucking scam from the founders so now theyre rich
>>
>>10625230
Thats so cute
>>
>>10625254
Yes, they are
>>
>>10625365
Donating to BLM the official main organization and donating proceeds to the black community/community orgs in general are different anyway. Some donate to the big one but most people donate and tell others to donate to local orgs or specific ones that do stuff for targeted groups like youth, trans people, single moms, etc., it all depends anyway. Blanket statements saying you won't support anyone donating to what they think is a legitimate cause is kind of silly of people to do. Especially considering according to cgl white creators who publicly show support of BLM are usually doing it because they're afraid of being cancelled.
>>
>>10625235
stfu, right now there is far bigger problems than BLM, a serious problem of black peoples going out and savagely attacking the elderly AAPI community and get away with it because cops now are scared to arrest a black people. nobody is killing you now. stand up for them with the level you give to BLM and then we will not complain, but you don’t. stop being so narcissistic and care only about yourself
>>
>>10625504
>>10625521
>>10625365
my god can all of you stfu before you get this thread nuked

Anyways how is Violet Fane's quality? I want to like their brooches because the designs are cure but they just look so cheaply made in the photos...
>>
>>10625551
The brooches are just wood or acrylic with a pin glued to the back. They're fine, but nothing special desu. Think like acrylic charm quality but without the hole and a pin instead.
>>
File: 1618376128134.png (1.71 MB, 1109x1464)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>10625138
:)

Anyone have recs for cute sturdy headbows? Obviously melikestea but I'm also interested in old school looking rectangle headdresses.
>>
>>10625554
yeah this is 4chan but fuck off with your n-word edgelord
>>
>>10625554
kek, you nu-old schoolers are always the edgelord wannabe neo nazi types

You sound like the biggest noob covidlita I've seen in my life and the fact that basic headdresses somehow elude you is hilarious. But just to be nice some recs (brand and indie):

-BTSSB
-Meta
-R.R. Memorandum
-IW
-Making it yourself because it's painfully easy to sew lace to a maxi pad shaped piece of cotton.
>>
I got my Starry Frills JSK today if anyone is interested in a little review!
>>
>>10625567
>>10625610
thanks my bestie niggers <3
>>
>>10626433
Please do!
>>
>>10626433
I'd love a review! I had my eye on this one tbf it reminds me of candy sprinkle and toy parade!
>>
>>10626433
can you link the dress? This is so cute!
>>
>>10626726
NAYRT but this is the brand's instagram
https://www.instagram.com/starry_frills/
they seemed to be selling it through the platform ko-fi for some reason?
>>
>>10625230
Those look really cute and nice for summer…. Hmmmmmn
>>
Y'all in lolita collective even trying anymore? Their newest additions for the past few months have been fucking hideous junk.
>>
File: regretsytier.png (505 KB, 743x640)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>10629819
there's like no lolita stuff there anymore in new arrivals almost at all? just a lot of regretsy tier jewelry. they should change their name if they arent going to focus on lolita anymore
>>
Has anyone bought from this Etsy shop? I found their social media but it appears to be dead.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetfrillshop/
>>
>>10622195
nah it looks great IRL. sorry for the late reply.
>>
>>10630168
I am pretty sure her shop is still running. I vaguely know her on tumblr and she still posts about her shop stuff (like behind the scenes stuff, not ads or anything)
>>
Has anyone bought shoes from Fluffy Tori and can say what they’re like? I find Jo annoying but one of the designs is cute and if it’s quality I’d still buy it.
>>
>>10635153
Saw her chocolate drip shoes/ankle boots in person once and they did look super cute. I didn't even realize they were her brand and thought they were some JP brand like secondhand Q-Pot or something at first. Didn't get to try them on for comfort but I mistook them for real leather at a distance as the pleather is sort of textured looking rather than a single smooth color like tea parties tend to be. Idk about much else, her pompom boots are really not my style/I am not a fan of the look, and many of her other cute shoes for sweet seem to be stuff you could get cheaper from antaina depending on shipping.
>>
>>10618231
Please do. I absolutely need lesbian cuteness in my wardrobe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.