[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Are you going?
>Are you renting a hotel room?
>Are you cosplaying? As who?
>Do we want to plan a lolita meetup?
>>
>>10608356
Damn so it's actually HAPPENING? Might go
>>
Just registered! I live in DC so money I don't have to pay for a hotel will go to drinks and figures. Happy to recommend bars to anyone in the thread who asks. Will even grab a drink with you and expose state secrets.

I'll probably go as Sniper Wolf.
>>
Going, not renting a hotel since I live in D.C. Might be cosplaying, but not sure yet. I have a friend who wants me to do a Cardcaptor Sakura look but...eh, I'm more interested in trying to make some armor? Def will wear lolita though.
>>
Going as well, going to be my first con where I actually have a hotel (before just went to cons by my college and hometown), going solo because my friends aren't hardo enough to book hotels.

Definitely going to cosplay, still considering what to bring. Probably going to debut Akihiko from P3, and maybe something else. Pretty pumped.
>>
WUUUUT yes lolita meetup
>>
>>10608356

Well, if they’re actually going to host it this year then I’m along for the ride!

Most likely. I know some people in DC- not the kind that would invite you into their house, or vice versa.

I wish I was more decisive about what to wear- I might end up just going in normie clothes if I can’t figure out in time.

>>10608432

Please, do tell.
Getting black out drunk is an essential part of the con experience!
>>
This was the biggest con I had ever been to a few years ago. I wonder what to expect from this, if I should make a nice cosplay for it, or just wear a coordinate and people-watch. And yes maybe get drunk enough to start talking with strangers
>>
I still think it will get cancelled (they haven’t announced any guests, and did anyone read the article in the Post today about Bowser banning dancing at weddings?) but I live on the Yellow Line so I’ll go for a day if it happens.
>>
>>10608497
>>10608507
I think a lot of people still want to cosplay and will be doing so, even if they're just wearing something for a second time.

>>10608511
I'm pretty sure they're only offering an all weekend pass at this point, so assuming it isn't cancelled it might be in your best interests to attend another day at least.
Update: damn, covid restrictions cap at 500 people per indoor space for big events. Unless they end that by August I don't think this is happening
>>
>>10608514
>Update: damn, covid restrictions cap at 500 people per indoor space for big events. Unless they end that by August I don't think this is happening
Don't let the current restrictions worry you too much, anon. This stuff is changing quickly as people are getting vaccinated at a rapid pace.
Even states in the northeast (blue states that tend to have more restrictions) are planning to fully reopen soon. PA is lifting all restrictions aside from masks on Memorial Day. NY is planning to fully reopen on July 1.
I'd expect DC to follow suit in the not too distant future.
>>
>>10608514
DC is in Phase 2 now, with a few measurements meeting Phase 3 criteria. DC just opened vaccines to anyway 16+. It’s not the longest shot in the world is get to Phase 4 by August if DC gets more vaccines from HHS.

Or maybe it’s just my wishful thinking.
>>
>>10608677
>>10608529
>>10608514
I just don't see how DC goes from "no dancing at weddings" to Otakon in three months.

And Otakon hasn't announced any guests or opened panels. Even if Otakon happens, who will pay to go to a nothingburger con instead of hanging out in the Marriott?
>>
>>10608432
Congresswoman Spanberger?
>>
Translation: fuck we didn’t think we’d have to hold a con and now we have no guests or panels.
>>
>>10611694
I'm not paying 100 dollars to a convention just to be subjected to hygine threater.
>>
>>10608511
Browser is just asking to get recalled at a faster pace.
>>
>>10611785
You can't recall mayors in DC.
>>
>>10608356
>Are you going?
Have had plans to go if it was happening since last year.
>Are you renting a hotel room?
Have had the room booked since the block opened.

Super exciting! Honestly don't care too much about guests and panels, cons for me are cosplaying and seeing other cosplayers as well as buying shit.
>>
File: 1499464580438.png (130 KB, 570x500)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
How do I get off work for this... I'm dying for a lolita meet.
>>
What other conventions are green lit in the DC/MD area? I think I've seen Baltimore Comic Con say there will be one this year too.
>>
>>10614704
AwesomeCon at the DC Convention Center and Station Unity aka Summer Katsucon at the Gaylord. Both on August 20-22 for some reason.
>>
>>10614704
Blerdcon is in July but vaccine cards are required for entry.
>>
On their website they have a "Lolita Garden" option, but no updated info. Does anyone know about this?
>>
Bowser lifting the mask mandate on Monday for vaccinated people.
>>
Great news!

It'll be announced that Otakon 2021 will be virtual this year. The resources and volunteers Otakorp has are not enough to scale up quickly to have an in-person convention this year. Otakon hopes to have an in-person convention for 2022.
>>
>>10616853
post proof or LARP
>>
>>10616862
>LARP
It's definitely that one.
Several other conventions at the same venue confirmed they're going on as planned around the same time Otakon did.
Basically, that means the venue operators told them "You WILL be holding your convention this year, on the dates you scheduled, otherwise you'll pay the penalty in full."
Otakon (nor any of the other cons to be held at that venue) has no way of weaseling their way out of having the con this year whether they like it or not.
I think at this point it's pretty much common knowledge that force majeure isn't a thing anymore, and most cons from here on out are happening. I'm not sure if the doomerfag posters genuinely don't know this, or a just "pretending" to be ignorant.
>>
>>10616877
This 100%, practically every state that is harder than DC (eg. New YorK) is planning to open up fully in either June or July, the real question now is how anal the restrictions will be. I'm hoping (fingers crossed), proof of vaxx at entry + no masks. I really don't want to wear a mask, and I'm vaxxed, so idgaf about antivaxxer tears.
>>
>>10616898
Yeah, I feel the same way. Something about wearing a mask just kinda depresses me at this point. I'm not "anti-mask", but I guess I just have "mask fatigue" or some shit.
I ain't holding my breath though. Some conventions later in the year (including all ReedPOP shows) have already stated masks will be required.
They figure it's not going to impact their attendance since people are so desperate to go to cons that they'll go regardless of whether or not they dislike wearing a mask. And sadly, they're probably right about that.
>>
>>10616898
>so idgaf about antivaxxer tears
a majority of antivax people don't give a fuck about masks lmao. this whole thing has been a huge joke.
>>
Yes
Yes
No
No
>>
>>10616936
Well of course, I meant that I'm perfectly fine with them checking vaxx cards at the door if they don't require masks, and idgaf if the antivaxxers complain about vaxx cards being required. I think it's a fair tradeoff, and it mitigates the possibility of them claiming the higher COVID rates were from unvaxxed attendees.
>>
DC lifted their mask mandate and pulled back their gathering bans for special events.

https://wtop.com/dc/2021/05/dc-lifts-face-mask-requirements-with-exceptions-as-city-moves-toward-normalcy/
>>
>>10616853
>>10616862
>>10616877
Every day that Otakon fails to post about guests, panels, or dealers/artists makes me think this is less of a LARP. AwesomeCon is two weeks after Otakon, but it's already soliciting panels/vendors and posting about guests (albeit only two of them).

Station Unity hasn't posted any content either but I'd buy a badge just to shoot at the Gaylord.
>>
>>10608432
>>10608437
I live in DC as well but will still get a hotel room to turn this into a staycation/room party with friends.
>>
>>10608356
Yes to going and the hotel.

Cosplaying as genderbent Himiko Toga, and Cat Noir from Ladybug.

Taking my younger sister for her first convention. Plus side is shes always been into the cosplay scene, making her own probs and outfits for characters so now she'll get to show that off.
>>
>>10617118
>I don't mind if they slowly strip away our freedoms as long as it affects my ideological enemy
>>
Do we know for a fact that they require vaxx cards? I'm sure as hell not getting vaccinated and will fake a card if I need to.
>>
>>10618866
What freedoms retard? It's a private venue and they can set whatever restrictions they want. Wait until you find out you need a shirt and shoes to enter. Literally 1984
>>
>>10618925
>Stores and venues are private entities and therefore it's okay they set regulations on who can enter!
>Airlines and train companies are private businesses so it's literally fine that you no longer have the right to travel!
>Twitter and Facebook are privately owned so it's good that they censor bad mean people like orange man because he shouldn't have the right to free speech because I don't like him!
>W-wait, what do you mean I can't do xyz? But I'm one of the good guys!
I can't wait until you reap what you sow.
>>
>>10618908
I haven't seen anything yet, but I am hoping that they would give you the option of bringing in a negative test results as a alternative to get in. If not then I will have to get some fake cards as well
>>
Question for the DC natives; I'm thinking of driving down because I really don't want to sit in a bus for 5 hours. Planning to stay there for a week total. Is it worth it to have a car for my whole stay, or is it more trouble than it's worth?
>>
>>10619019
Parking is annoying in the area, plan ahead and get a parking spot in advance imo
>>
>>10619019
Yeah you have to reserve a spot in a parking lot, and it will be expensive. I recommend Amtrak business class.
>>
>>10619019
If you do drive, park at a metro station with a garage and take the train in.
>>
>>10618866
>>10618908
I'm probably going to get (You)'d to death for this, but make a fake card. There's no standardization of them and there are plenty of threads on /pol/ on how to do so. And contrary to popular belief, it's 100% legal (at least in the US).
>>
>>10619019
You won’t need your car for anything: there’s a CVS and a Safeway in a three block radius. Parking at a Metro lot isn’t a bad idea (the con center is right on top of the green/yellow lines) but I agree with the anon recommending the train. It’s like an $8 cab from Union Station to the con.
>>
>>10619128
Thanks, anon. I'm afraid to get vaxxed because I have a very trigger-happy immune system so to speak. Of course I'm afraid of getting sick too. I've been staying home this whole time waiting it out... My doctor will probably just write a note for me though when I finally do leave my bubble.
>>
>>10619128
Based gull
>>
>>10618936
>W-wait, what do you mean I can't drive my car recklessly? But I'm one of the good guys!
>>W-wait, what do you mean I can't physically assault someone? But I'm one of the good guys!
>>>W-wait, what do you mean I can't steal? But I'm one of the good guys!
>>>>W-wait, what do you mean I can't kill? But I'm one of the good guys!

There's this thing called laws and human society has had this shit in place for millennia. You can't do whatever you want. Your rights end where another's begin.
>>
>>10620770
>Your rights end where another's begin.
And that includes injecting me with your robotic Bill Gates serum. Glad we see eye to eye
>>
>>10620784
Stfu retard
>>
>>10608356
Going, I'm in northern VA so I can just take the metro or drive up there, no need for hotel. I think I'll be cosplaying as Violet Evergarden
>>
>>10608356
Bought a ticket so might as well

Booked a hotel room with a generous cancelation policy. I live in NOVA so if it end up not being worth a hotel room, i can commute.

Maybe I'll dust off or even touch up my Flynn Rider cosplay, maybe I'll finally put together that Ellis (L4D2) cosplay I have been thinking about for more than a decade.
>>
>>10620801

stay home and eat a salad lardass
>>
>>
>>10622017
lets cram 10 to a room again vaccinated or not
>>
2.5 months and no programming scheduled lol.
>>
>>10622017
Skimming through the handful of replies to the thread so far, there's already a couple of people begging them to make masks mandatory. And of course they both have pronouns in their profile.
I've been a good little soldier and wore my mask whenever I had to without a lot of complaint, but now that the mandates are over I have no desire to put that fucking thing on ever again. I really hope they don't listen to the vocal minority of these pronouncucks.
>>
>>10622039
A crowded anime convention is like THE place to wear masks
>>
>>10622054
Exactly! Before covid was even a thought, we had to worry about con crud from other filthy weebs who don't understand the basic concept of hygiene. So yeah hand sanitizers and masks are going to be my mainstays for cons.
>>
>>
>>10619128
Yo don't believe anything you read on /pol/, that shit is MAD illegal. Original anon who asked what the vax card policy is. I'll ask them on twitch if I remember to attend, or if someone here could ask them that would be stellar (I don't have a twitch, facebook, twitter, or ig). But yeah, apparently the fbi is looking into fake vaccine records/cards and you'll basically be on a list. You may not get in trouble now, but who knows what might happen down the line.
>>
File: 8675309.png (50 KB, 743x431)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>10622187
They won't know anything until at least mid-June.
>>
>>10622187
>that shit is MAD illegal
Looked into it further, only because it has the official CDC logo. Change that to something else that normalfags dont notice and it's fine. It's unenforceable anyway.
>apparently the fbi is looking into fake vaccine records/cards
Source: your ass
>and you'll basically be on a list
Everyone who posts on 4chan is on a list, and I'm probably on several others already for things like being a gun owner, like I care
>>
>>10622187
Vaccination cards are fake, most of the hype over covid is fabricated, and being cancelled isn't a real thing. But sure, continue to live your life in manufactured terror.
>>
File: get the hell out.jpg (85 KB, 825x920)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
- Otakon 2021 is happening.
- Will be the first major convention event in DC.
- Probably no international guests.
- Probably limited hours for overnight cleaning.
- No attendance cap, they want to hit 30K (lol).
- There will be a costume contest, dealer's room, artists' alley.
- Dance not happening.
- They may open badge mailing for a day or two in the future, looking at it.
- Looking to replace Tokyo Attack but also it would be hard to disinfect rhythm games.
- Ice cold water memes.
- Probably can't open more doors for safety reasons.
- Masks? Won't know until DC gives more info in mid-June.
- Checking vaccination? Same, won't know until DC gives more info in mid-June.
- Formal dance happening.
- No rave.
- No VIP passes.
- Have been talking about a digital con element.
- There will be some 18+ content but probably less because shorter hours.
- Buttscratcher.
- Con chairs keep talking about their kids.
- Guest announcements "soon." Finalizing some contracts.
- Maid cafe probably.
- Re: lolita garden: "At this time, I don't think so. I would LOVE to bring this, or similar back, but I don't think we'll be able to this year. I had planned a tea party and fashion show last year, but it is not in the cards this year (so far)." Also "we had planned to do a fashion show" but won't pan out because the designer is stuck in Japan; can expect more fashion next year; it's something that the programming director is into, want more lolita/jfash/kfash into programming content, "she's got your best interests at heart there," will bring more fashion content to our programming.
- Pokemon league is happening.
- MAT3K? In talks.
- Wild Bills Soda will be there.
>>
>>10622400
Fuck Tokyo attack
>>
>>10622400
So how much staff has Otakon lost staffbro?

How are they going to handle the dealers room crowds?

Whats the hotel situation looking like?
>>
>>10622433
That’s just a recap of the announcement stream earlier tonight, not staffer intel.
>>
FYI lolitas, the cute Henley Park Hotel (across the street from the Marriott Marquis) does high tea on Friday and Saturday afternoons. I don’t know how many people they can accommodate.

https://www.henleypark.com/afternoon-tea
>>
Do hotels hold bags even after checkout time? Trying to figure out what to do about luggage on the last day
>>
>>10622400
>No dance, no rave, limited hours, because we care so much about staying safe.
>But we don't care enough to have an attendance cap.
Ahhh, the sweet, sweet covid hypocrisy.
But who knows, maybe this will be another con that ends up with very reduced attendance regardless, like Colossalcon.
Also, daily reminder that if you're concerned about covid JUST STAY THE FUCK HOME and stop begging for more restrictions. Nothing they or any con does is going to keep you 100% safe.
And the biggest thing any con can do to help keep people safe is attendance caps, but they won't because $$$$.
>>
>>10622439
The bigger hotels generally do, they usually put it in a backroom with a tag on it and to show the number when you want to get it
>>
>>10622439
Generally, the convention's venue will have a bag check where you can drop off your bags and pick them up when you leave.
You'll have to ask around if you want to know the cost and hours of operation for the bag check, but I'm pretty sure they'll have one at the convention center.
>>
>>10622431
agreed, also fuck save point arcade/plug and play entertainment/whatever the hell they're calling themselves now...really hope otakon doesn't plan on hiring those inept fucks again
>>
>>10622443
>>10622444
Except Katsucon where you throw your bag in a designated hallway and pray! Thank god I drive to Katsu.

>>10622442
The con center is actually a lot bigger than Otakon uses (AwesomeCon uses a load more space on the north side); they could effectively keep people far apart if they really wanted.

That said I’m curious what attendance will be. On the one hand, no international guests, last minute, lots of people out of work, lots of people uncomfortable with travel, etc. On the other hand, the first big con since the pandemic.
>>
>>10622645
>The con center is actually a lot bigger than Otakon uses (AwesomeCon uses a load more space on the north side); they could effectively keep people far apart if they really wanted.
Maybe they could in most cases, but I can't imagine there's any way they can have a 'socially distanced' entrance line. And the entire place is just going to turn into a giant herd at closing time.
To be fair, both those things probably apply to most cons. But I still stand by my statement that attendance caps have more of an impact on safety than any other potential restriction.
Oh, and also the fact that Otakon takes forever to get people into the building makes the entrance thing a lot bigger deal than at most cons.
>>
Just bought my ticket and hotel, I'm gonna get so drunk and make an ass of myself i can't fucking wait
>>
>>10622439
We've stayed at the Marquis the past couple years and they have a room dedicated to holding luggage on Sunday.
>>
https://twitter.com/Otakon/status/1399174849843666945

Panel submissions are open, but only until June 6.
>>
This should put the false narrative that "CoNs taKe a YEAR tO pLAn!!" to rest. Otakon is a fairly large convention, and they're planning most of the con within a 2-3 month time span. Granted, there will be some things missing (international guests, etc.), but I have no idea why anyone ever thought that a convention required 365 days of painstaking efforts to plan.
The fact that so many cons skipped a year, and two in some cases, and are coming back like nothing ever happened show how much of a motherfucking gravy train this shit is.
>>
>>10622934
One of the problems is getting the staff together. That year out allows people to put their leave in advance as a lot of jobs are assholes when it comes to people taking summer leave. God help you if you work retail or warehouse.
>>
>>10622934
Eh. There's no contradiction between it taking three months to plan a rushed, substandard con and a year to plan a good con.
>>
>>10623100
If you look at the things that will likely be missing from Otakon this year (dance, rave, a few other minor things), that doesn't account for an additional 9 months of planning.
Actually, there's additional things they'll have to plan for due to covid. Cons can get put together fairly quickly by experienced organizers. A good con can easily be planned in half a year, with the vast majority of the planning being done in 3-4 months time.
It's not that fucking hard or time consuming.
>>
>>10621523
Bring a typewriter
>>
Where are people staying?? Want to be in a hotel with a good party vibe.
>>
>>10624169
They just opened up a new AC Marriot around the corner from the Convention center. Not affiliated officially but hopefully it's close enough
>>
>>10608432
You sound cool as fuck. Discord?
>>
>>10624610
Oh and to add on to this. As far as places to drink, personally I like Allegory at the Eaton theatre/hotel. Has some neat cocktails and dig the speakeasy vibe. Might be sort of far from the convention center though so yeah I would appreciate and reccs on bars and such.
>>
>>10622039
>And of course they both have pronouns in their profile.
Isn't that what gulls like to do or is this entire board filled with/pol/ larpers.
>>
Is it true Otakon is moving back to Baltimore next year?
>>
Haha, DC told Otakon you gotta wear masks.
>>
>>10625635
lmao but with a cosplay loophole.
>>
>>10608432
Are figures sold at con super overprice?
>>
>>10625681
It’s hit or miss. Just Google the item while you’re in the dealers’ room.
>>
>>10625640
I know this guy on Twitter who does photography has been anti-lockdown, anti-mask, and anti-vaccine. Kind of a sad kid to follow. Guess he’s not going to Otakon this year and be jerkin it. :))))
>>
>>10625640
>Masks mandatory, no dance, no rave, limited hours, because we care so much about your safety.
>But we don't care enough to set an attendance cap or make vaccinations mandatory because that would mean less money for us.

The fucking hypocrisy of these con organizers. I hope no one shows up and this fucking con finally goes bankrupt.
>>
>>10625844
Eh. A vaccine mandate is unenforceable because people will forge vaccination cards (and maybe immunocompromised people will die for discrimination), and an attendance cap is pointless because no one will go to a con with no programming.

Making cosplay photography an exception to the mask mandate is dumb tho.
>>
>>10625858
SUE for discrimination not DIE for discrimination
>>
> have to wear a mask
That's a no for me senpai. Guess I'll wait till next year then.
>>
>>10625147
Rumors swirl about this every year, but it's very unlikely to happen.
Basically, there was supposed to be a major renovation/expansion of the Baltimore Convention Center a while back. They may have been considering returning after that happened.
But the expansion never happened because it was determined to cost waaaayyyy more than they thought it would. So it's not happening any time soon, and due to that Otakon is not likely to come back.
>>
>>10624610
>>10624615
My greatest fear is now that you are someone I know IRL but as for bars my plan is to entice out-of-towners to pour their money into my favorite bars, Exiles on U St most likely. But yeah, w/e add me on DC 57001#8415
>>
>>10622934

I volunteer for a different major con and pretty much everybody has been planning for 2021 since before they announced their 2020 cancellations. Con planning usually takes around 9 months for domestic plans, international is a full year because Japan is a pain in the ass about organizing, and dates/venues are planned and booked years ahead of time. NO convention center owner in this country was happy about 2020 and it's been widely expected 2021 was happening as soon as things got remotely better.

That Ota doesn't have domestic guests or half their shit figured out is actually a joke. But they were emailing their staff begging for money a few months ago, too, so par for the course for Ota.
>>
>>10626322
Nah none of my friends are cool enough to cosplay as Sniper Wolf AND be social so seriously doubt we have ever met, but that's a solid plan lol. Keep your favorite places in business. I just don't know much about the bar scene right around the convention center so that's why I like to hear people's suggestions on that front. U street is a sort of neat area if not sort of bougie. Only really ever been to Le Diplomate. I sent you a discord friend request, hopefully it went through.
>>
>>10626394
>>10626322
If I were coming from out of town and wanted good, reasonably priced, reasonably unique food in walking distance of the con center I would do Izakaya, Chercher, or Tiger Fork.
>>
>>10626406
Thanks for the suggestions! I dont think I've been to any of those places except for maybe Izakaya. I do remember going to a ramen joint around the con center area with a few friends a while ago, but I'm shit at recalling the names of these places.
>>
>>10626371
>But they were emailing their staff begging for money a few months ago, too, so par for the course for Ota.
How the hell did Otakon fall so hard? At one point in the early 00s to about 2014 they were the con everybody wanted to go to. Now they're declining. Damn shame to see such a storied con go out like this
>>
File: 1558054747257.jpg (26 KB, 404x375)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>10625874
>Thinks there won't be a mask mandate in 2022
So you won't be going to cons anymore?
>>
>>10626436
Otakon needs to shit or get off the pot: rebound to greatness, or sell their name/venue contracts to Netflix/Amazon/Sony/Crunchyroll who will bring in money and run it right.
>>
>>10626469
I don't think the mask mandate will last forever. Yeah, maybe I'll skip 2022 too but I doubt that. I like going to cons but I like seeing people faces even more.
>>
>>10625874
yeah no raves/dances either.

I'm gonna wait until a real con happens.

All of this shit makes no sense.

Downtown areas have had packed bars/clubs with no masks for months now. Why would I want to travel for a neutered con when I can have fun elsewhere.

Yet even Florida/Texas cons are committed to having restrictions.

I'll go to local cons with restrictions, but no way I'm wasting money on hotels/travel for this garbage.
>>
>>10626758
The cancelation of the OtaDance is very arbitrary in light of this reality of dance clubs going back to normal and we dont know which events they will cancel as well.

And with shortened hours and mask mandates and the fact that they threw out the sports theme when Japan is hellbent on holding the olympics no matter what is a BS move.

Conattheendoftherainbow while demanding mask wearing is a absolute tonal dissonance.

There is a reason I held off on registration for so long even before 2020.
>>
Where do non-shit photographers put up ads these days? The only ones on the Otakon Photography FB group are awful.
>>
Meh, I'm hoping they'll change their mask rule since it's another 2 months until it happens, especially since all the east coast states are reopening very rapidly. At this point, they're probably just peer pressured by the masktards, just checking the twitter post for instance. No dance is boring but hopefully they'll change it as well later.
>>
>>10627359
Same here they need to open fully with no restrictions even Otakon Corp is probably need to talk with the health regulators on opening up fully. This is Otakon last chance to save themselves from being bankrupt.
>>
>>10627359
>I'm hoping they'll change their mask rule since it's another 2 months until it happens
Nope, not happening. If they had any intention of not requiring masks, they would have waited at least a few more weeks before announcing that.
In their mind the mask requirement makes them look good, and, again in their mind, won't have any major impact on attendance.
Also they'd be too chicken shit to go back on it in fear of backlash from the twitter pronounfags.
>>
>>10627589
The masktards won't go either way. I was planning on going but probably won't now. They're shooting themselves in the foot by catering to people who aren't their customers. Why is everyone who runs a business in the West so retarded now?
>>
>>10627602
They're scared of mean tweets by coronabros whose lives consists of twitter and eating uber eats
>>
I’m staffing and probably need to do more hours due to shortage but I’m down to chill with people when I’m not on shift.

I rarely go on Facebook so I haven’t joined any groups for meetups for past cons this year
>>
>>10608356
I'm waiting to learn more about how the con's gonna be before deciding if I'm going
I live in the area so there's no need for a hotel room
I didn't get my beach body due to being fat drunken lazy piece of shit over the past year so I'm not cosplaying
Lolitas are great and I highly recommend a meetup even if I'm not about that life
>>
>>10627678
What dept you staffin? I'm in games so you should come by and game with me
>>
I’m going with friends, 6 of us in total. Not sure if I should cosplay or wear lolita, it depends on when meets might happen.
>>
“Fuck we didn’t get any panel submissions!”
>>
>>10627804
Sounds good, I'll probably be at mem access booth all day though but will drop by at some point

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.