[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 11_pk.jpg (76 KB, 500x600)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Previous: >>10581308
>>
>both AP threads have white x pastel OTKs as the image
Well I'm going to mis-click like 50 more times.
>>
File: e_1e368a9b_1280.jpg (221 KB, 1280x1280)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
The socks are so cute gdi
I've saved up a lot and t b h I'm ready for whichever MTO they throw out first
>>
Every time I've been tempted to buy Topping Heart I just stop myself because I know getting an extra colorway of Candy Fairy would be 100 times better.
>>
>>10587345
I doubt they’re going to rerelease the blouse, but that’s not stopping my dumb ass from hoping.
>>
Little Bunny Strawberry and Jelly Candy Toys photo props! Hopefully we finally get one of them next week.
>>
Shopgirl-chan, what material will Little Bunny Strawberry be?
>>
>>10587368
Oh these props are so cute!
>>
File: 1_pk.jpg (64 KB, 285x285)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
These one-sided ribbon ends all facing the same direction look so weird to me.
>>
>>10587424
That's a special kind of bow. Dior uses them on their Miss Dior fragrances. I forget what it's calledd. It's a bow that's only folded once I think
>>
>>10587424 >>10587428
The further you go back in history, the more variety of bow shapes you see. Our modern idea of a bow is very uniform and limited.
>>
>>10587428
>>10587431
It's not the bow shape itself that irks me, it's that the ends are all facing left. I think it would be nicer if the middle one was facing right.
>>
AP included the SC socks as part of the MTO but not the candy socks... why.
>>
>>10587449
They prefer we fight in a bloodbath over small re-releases of the socks instead.
>>
>>10587449
I’m asking myself the same thing...
I don’t want to fight for some damn socks.
>>
>>10587480

It never makes any sense. They'd benefit infinitely from making more of small items like acessories and socks. Even plain solid headbow and wristcuffs are instant sellouts in every colorway but black because we're all so thirsty for pastel items.
>>
wow, out of all the sock releases, i finally got the ones i truly wanted. god bless!
>>
Should've known the white topping heart jewelry would sell out VIP but I still had hope. Ugh
>>
Crap the topping heart necklace i wanted was already gone but i managed to get the white one
>>
If anyone cares, Paris let almost all the colors sell out (save for sax + black) then restocked mint, red, and black? Fucking weird shit.
>>10587481
I remember there being a thread a few weeks back where everyone wanted to sperg out about their "totally real" business knowledge. As the dominant brand in an extremely niche market, AP /can/ afford to sink more into production of accessories at a slightly lower price point (because they already cheaply manufacture our beloved wristcuffs and jewelry in China anyways). They could do this while still stocking main pieces on a "sell out" basis. It would reward the customer while also keeping the true prize exclusive and difficult to obtain. It's like certain luxury brands with their accessories-- even normies could own some AP socks or a ring or w/e, but only true lolitas would own an AP dress. It could be extremely profitable.
>>10587487
Grats anon! Which colors? I managed to get mint and red which were the only ones missing from my candy sock collection! I did miss out on the white TH ring, but it was worth it.
>>
>>10587449 >>10587462 >>10587480 >>10587481
>They'd benefit infinitely from making more of small items like accessories and socks.
Agreed. Also, I think they should make more things out of their old prints, without it being tied to a re-release. Whenever they make a waxed-cotton zipper pouch I grab it right away; it's a useful daily object AND a way for me to enjoy a print that's older or something that I like but wouldn't wear. As a more brown/green/classic Lolita I do love AP's sweet prints, but I'm never going to wear them, but I'd LOVE to have a full stationary set in a number of them.
>>
had the pink & sax otk in my cart and by the time I finished paying I only had the sax pair left. Honestly good enough for me, I had low hopes of getting the pink ones from the start
>>
>>10587506
i got them in sax, mint, red, and black! i'm sooo happy to have more socks that aren't boring solids and are thematically interchangeable with a lot of my pieces! that's what AP is lacking IMO. they need to focus more on having basic staples in stock on a regular basis.
>>10587508
grandmafags OUT! any sweetfag will tell you they have pretty much no use for a $15 hot pink fancy candy vinyl pouch
>>10587510
sorry nonny! i think with this being an anticipated release, that there will be people selling the pink (either new or an older release). so you should probs hold out for those!
>>
>>10587508
Some more "small item" (read: under $50 usd) item ideas;
>Print Posters (maybe with the corresponding Imai Kira figures improved over it when she collaborates?)
>Desk Accessories like mouse pads and pen holders
>Sticky notes, sticker sets, decorative sticker label sets
>Waxed-cotton placemats for the table/dining (they already do cups and dishes sometimes, the placemats would be cheaper to make and less breakable)
>More THEMED purse charms (mini-plushies or acrylic, can be attached to a Lolita bag OR your normie bag)
>Screen-print T-shirts with cutsew details (not as ellaborate, but maybe alternate between either adding a collar or making the sleeves puffed)
>More small contains/ small pouches (they could easily screen-print onto items already developed by a container-maker)
... And lastly just more collabs with companies in general. Uniqlo tee deals, working with a designer shoe brand (a street brand only if they make the most OTT kawaii chunky sneakers) and such...
>>
>>10587513
Thanks, I'm sure I'll manage to snag them secondhand indeed. I love them for the same reason as you, they go with so many of my dresses and add a lot more to a coord than solid socks
>>
>>10587514
Oh fuck you're right. I don't know why but collab items are so special and fun bc they get to design something outside the box. I would kill for fairy-kei or mahou shoujo inspired chunky sneaks from AP with glitter details and star chains! Print posters and desk accessories are a definite need I have as well. Housewares in general are something they lack. I would shell out some serious bucks for a fuzzy blanket or even a printed sheet set.
>>
>>10587518
Collabs also allow small brands to get access to resources they normally don't have. If Ap did a collab with Nike (just as an example), they would probably have way more options with how they could design a shoe. Right now AP probably has a few set sources for the materials and factories when it comes to shoes, but Nike probably has access to DOZENS or HUNDREDS or sources, which expands out all the possibilities for a small brand to experiment.

The housewears would also be collabs easily; lots of big-name homewear brands are always struggling to attract younger "hip" customers and making just a few items would probably net them a lot of attention.

Overall I think making more small stuff would help AP not get lost in the shuffle/ not go under if we see an economic downturn. There's a lot of evidence that during hard times we don't literally stop spending money, we just scale back and lean on "cheap thrills". If AP could find a good balance between price and quality on small goods, it would ensure future revenue more.
>>
>>10587506
I really do think AP can afford to make more stuff, but they just don't and it bugs the shit out of me. When I messaged Tenshi about getting the OTKs she mentioned that stock was getting smaller for legwear and it's such a pain in the ass because...its not like AP /can't/ afford to make more stock of their items, its that they choose not to. I feel like it would be smarter move to try to produce just a bit more, not less, you know?
If anyone has more opinions on this I'd like to hear them. I'm not a business major or anything so I don't have a lot of knowledge under my belt.
>>
>>10587520
Or they could just make more socks and jewelry
>>
>>10587522
This. They literally don't need collabs to satisfy or attract new or current customers. More stock would just mean more profit for guaranteed sellout items.
>>
I got the rings and necklaces in pink sax and lav... still sad about missing out on the white but I’m happy I have matching jewellery pieces that will work with all of my coords. I love smaller pieces and wish ap would make more as well.
>>
>>10587521
I don't know about business stuff either but my guess is exclusivity. AP wants to seem elusive. They want their items to be hard to obtain status symbols. I've personally had enough of their shit at this point though. If they don't want me to buy their crap I won't. Baby and Meta are better quality anyways.
>>
Got the socks in sax and red. I took my time at checkout and was still able to get them.

I am happy about the sax pair especially. My large order of candy border socks came in from JP secondhand, and out of all of them, the sax x white pair had deteriorated elastic. I think they were the release from 2006 so what can you do. These will be a suitable replacement. Got the red because I just like red in general and they're a little different from my other pairs and new.
>>
>>10587537
Same anon you replied to but I agree. While I do still enjoy Angelic Pretty, I hate how they're running their business based on exclusivity. Sure it makes money & helps them, but for how long is the question? There's going to have to be a point where people get tired of having to fight for things like accessories and dresses and completely decide to opt out of buying from them as a whole. Especially with better brands already existing and new ones probably coming out in the future.
>>
gingham jsk got yeeted out of my shopping cart in under 1 minute

time to pay a scalper $500 i guess
>>
>>10587556
Agreed. Not to detail too much since this is the AP thread, but BABY regularly does second runs when they see something sell out quickly. I wish AP would adopt that model.
>>
damn, gingham items sold out by 12:01
>>
>>10587573
I’m joining you, anon. I didn’t even bother because I saw others saying how much they wanted it.
>>
>>10587530
I wanted the white too. It sucks that we probably won’t get another chance besides scalpers since we know the US won’t get it
>>
>>10587506
>even normies could own some AP socks or a ring or w/e, but only true lolitas would own an AP dress
It's funny because the opposite is becoming more true - it's so easy to own an AP dress. But what if you want a popular pair of socks? You're fucked.
My most prized items are my AP accessories. The dresses are almost an afterthought now and it feels easy to just pay a scalper if you miss out, or throw down $1k-$2k if it's an older dress in auction. But the accessories might never pop up because even scalpers can't get them, or they were destroyed from use.
>>
>>10587583
Nayrt but I'm so angry that AP USA won't get the white. And if it does, it will crash.
>>
>>10587603
they very rarely get the Japanese exclusives. and if they do it's usually long after the initial release.

if anything, they'll get a mint ver
>>
>>10587617
I'm even more angry that the US "special color" is mint. Mint is my least favorite color. It's just imposter-sax.
>>
File: 1611823310269.gif (1.43 MB, 480x270)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
Managed to score some wristcuffs because that's all I needed
>>
>>10587583
My boyfriend was annoyed we didn’t get the white as they were his favourite too! He said he’d keep a look out for my birthday but I’ve told him not to bother because of scalpers. He got angry on our behalf as well lol. When a non lolita even knows it’s the best colour ap need to step it up!
>>
>>10587633
Please shut the fuck up no one cares about your autistic closeted boyfwiend.
>>
>>10587633
Oh just shut the fuck up. If me not getting it means you couldn’t get it I’m fine with my sacrifice.
>>
>>10587636
>>10587649
wow the gulls are salty today. I got the other three matching sets I wanted so I’m really quite fine.
>>
>>10587630
>tfw ordered the last ones
Jesus what a rush
>>
When do you think AP will bring out a print again? I mean it was cute so far but I need a print jsk to press buy
>>
>>10587725
They’re doing a photo prop fair right now, so probably soon.
>>
>>10587338
i thought easter egg was unpopular... i missed out on all of them, damn it
the yellow was so pretty, wish AP did more yellow
Also easter egg would be fantastic as a skirt
>>
>>10587573
I love these gingham Jsk styles, kind of want to commission one that’s low waisted
>>
>>10587839
Don't worry anon. Everyone will come to thier senses in 6 months or a year and see how ugly Easter Egg is.
>>
>>10587910
Easter egg was ugly but the acessories were pretty cute.
>>
Well, time to wait for the US release, I failed to get anything.
>>
>>10587979
The US release already happened.
>>
>>10587985
I’m talking about tonight’s Japan release, retard.
>>
>>10587979
Socks went in a flash, as we all knew.
>>
>>10587992
I probably could have gotten a pair but I got greedy and went back for another color and lost both, the greater the climb the farther the fall
>>
>>10588000
There's zero chance of getting more than one item online anymore
>>
>>10588047
it's so ass having to pay $10 in shipping and insurance on one pair of socks
>>
>>10588049
You only have to pay $10 in shipping??
>>
>>10588049
It's only 600 yen? But yeah it adds up if you have to buy one item at a time.
>>
>>10587636
Fucking lawl'd
>>
I'm honestly kind of sad that there's no Japanese scalpers selling the white topping heart jewelry. Must have been pretty hard to get.
>>
>>10588646
It’s getting hard to get anything scalped lately, which is kind of worse than lots of scalped listings. That’s when you know they’re not making enough.
>>
>>10588648
Maybe that means scalpers have stopped buying as much and actual lolitas who want to keep their items are getting them?
>>
>>10588659
Maybe its a mix of both? There's a lot of pieces from this year so far that have been really hard to get ahold of. Since shit is hard to get in Japan though, I've been scanning Xianyu and hoping for the best as of late.
>>
>>10588659
I really doubt scalpers have purposefully stopped buying when it's clear the secondhand scalping market has so much power
>>
>>10588765
Maybe not purposeful but potentially some sort of combo of anti-scalping measures put in place by AP we may be unaware of and/or buyers using scripts or other techniques to stay competitive while shopping so they can actually get what they want, could be leading to scalpers ending up buying less stock.

It would be nice if that was the case; real lolitas getting better at beating scalpers and while it's harder to get a new release secondhand, it's at least going to girls who like the fashion over shitty opportunistic douchebags.
>>
>>10588646
>>10588648
>>10588668
>>10588778

You guys do realize there was only like 2-5 accounts scalping AP stuff to begin with on the Japanese secondhand market right?

They probably can't compete with the organic demand from real Lolitas.
>>
>>10588882
There were those but also the like 5 or 6 on LM plus new ones popping up every couple weeks to a month also selling exclusively new releases for profit too. 10-12 people all maximizing how much stock they can buy is still a good amount when supply is already limited.
>>
>>10588882
.......... Xianyu's got like, 10+ accounts selling obviously scalped items from AP, anon

Hate to burst y'all's bubbles, but the days of non-scalped brand are ending. China's got a LOT of AP now.
>>
>>10588913
Maybe an unpopular opinion and ntayrt, but at this point I hate the influx of trend-litas more than scalpers.
Scalpers at least put a price on an item in order to resell it, and many times (at least with new releases) it's not that much more than what we'd pay with AP USA.
On the other hand, trend-litas stain the market with listings sold for $1k-2k (inevitably making the next listing sell higher), then try to resell things a few months later because they "can't afford bills/school/ whatever." Thanks for making your financial mistake our burden?
I mean I hate scalpers too, but I don't think anyone here was really complaining about them in the past few posts. In a way, I miss them because they inadvertently made things like new releases more accessible.
>>
>>10588981
Trendlitas/stimmylitas benefit us less practically as buyers but have any of the ones who bought overpriced 2010 sweet yet tried to resell it? I haven't seen any yet but I also only check LM a couple times a day.
>>
O almighty leak-chan what will next week's release be? And will Candy Fairy MTO drop this month at last?
>>
>>10588983
I swear I've seen at least 2 or 3 listings lately with the exact reasoning of "I can't afford this dress anymore" and their account was less than a year old, but I haven't found the listing again... I think one of them was Milky Planet.
>>
>>10589011
I mean there are ones who do that frequently like idiotinkorean and french ana chan but they've been around for a while. Can't think of any super new ones buying listings of 2010 sweet for a lot and reselling bc they're poor.
>>
>>10587338
I’m not sure if this should go into this thread or the stupid questions one.
I came back to Lolita recently and realized I missed the MTO for Honey Cake (in b4 fatty— I just like the cut and color and always loved the print, hush.) I see one sitting on LM for 630 BIN, but that seems fucking stupid.
Is it decent etiquette to message you he seller and ask if they’ll take 500? I’m willing to spend that on this.
(Alternatively— is someone else selling the damn thing in ivory that isn’t expecting way too much?)
>>
>>10589048
If you're unsure whether or not a question belongs here or the stupid question thread then the answer is it definitely belongs in the latter
>>
>>10589048
Poorfag.
>>
>>10589048
Give it a go anon. Messaging her doesn’t cost anything but remember to only spend what you’re comfortable with. There will always be the option for it to poo up later again
>>
>>10588983
yes, one of the stimlitas has been offloading a lot of her buys from the last year. I recognized her username since she outbid me quite a bit last year. check the recently sold AP listings and filter by the US. she sold a lot this week
>>
>>10589068
Poo up
>>
>>10589068
Thanks for the advice.

>>10589065
Figured. Thanks, though.

>>10589066
I could spend $650, but I’m also not an emotionally stunted child with no financial intelligence, willing to buy dresses for 200 more than other actions have gone for.
>>
>>10589101
Poor
>>
>>10589048
You might not even want the Honey Cake MTO - it's polyester and the sizing is huge. If you are relatively thin, I would not recommend buying it. It's meme'd as being a literal plastic tent.
As for the price, I agree $500+ is too expensive for a botched MTO dress where people have 10 of them in their basement to sell, but the seller isn't going to magically come down to your price. It's bad practice to "negotiate" with sellers who don't explicitly state they are willing to take offers. Most people reselling HC are either scalpers who are preying on desperate people like you, or people who bought the dress for too much and are trying to resell.
>>
>>10589105
That’s also fair. I am sure about the dress (I have seen/tried it on before, so all the confidence on this), but I also have never used LM before, and realized a few ago that I have to authorize the account or whatever. So it might not look good coming from me anyway. Is there any hope to get it at a more reasonable price?
>>
>>10589105
Pretty sure the seller is a scalper, her other listings are priced really high.
>>
There's still a Dream Sky in Sax and two Easter Eggs (JSK in Pink and OP in white) On the AP USA site.. Which surprises me.

But it also surprises me that they still have plenty of the Milkshake series... Is everyone getting diner'd-out?
>>
>>10589148
it is the skirts, skirts tend to sell out last. (ot but the milkshake circle skirts reminded me of that crazy anon that claimed all lolita skirts were circle skirts a few months ago)
>>
>>10589148
actually surprised so much of Milkshake sold since most of the series doesn't have shirring...
>>
>>10589204
Not everyone is obese like you.
>>
>>10589647
lmao that was the joke anon. most burgers can't find into nonshirred AP
>>
>>10589841
Find
>>
Why do you wish to be the little girl?
Is this a tranny only thread?
>>
>>10589964
no it's the Angelic Pretty thread
>>
At this point I just want AP to take orders for Candy Fairy and Nakayoshi Bunny. I don't care if the arrival date is in 2023, I just want my order in so I can relax.
>>
>>10590026
I'm just bored of waiting. Why announce all at once that you're going to do three MTOs, do one very soon right after, and leave us in silence for the others?
It would have been nice if they gave us a projected timeline for all three.
>>
>>10590026
Same. It feels like they’re maliciously holding it back at this point
>>
>>10590026
I wonder just how many people ordered the Sugary Carnival MTO.
>>
>>10590037
I'm sure a ton but it doesn't matter I'm sure the dress will still go for $400-$600 even after the MTO.
>>
>>10590026
>>10590041

I thought what anon meant was if AP had a ton of orders for SC then it meant they might need to shuffle some things around to make sure they have the capacity to take on the other two MTOs.

I mean, they can't just open and MTO with a delivery date of "sometime after we're done being overwhelmed with the SC MTO we'll get around to making your orders".
>>
>>10589105
As someone who owns both a cotton release and the poly release, I agree with waiting.
There's something about the way the poly one drapes that just makes it seem... cheap and bad looking. I've noticed it takes a lot less to push the MTO release into looking bad and even ita in a coord.
>>
>>10590110
That’s exactly what I meant! Sugary Carnival was a pretty huge deal. I even saw people mention they were “panic buying” it. So I imagine AP got way more orders than they were anticipating.
>>
>>10590215
I've been wondering about that, too. I doubt AP was expecting SC to be as huge as it was. Every single girl in my comm, and everyone I know online bought at least one. Even the newbies and poorlitas who never buy brand got one.

I almost wouldn't be surprised if AP sold more SC MTOs than they usually sell dresses total per year. That's almost certainly the case for the western market. Between that and Covid crap they may have had to adjust their release schedule.
>>
>>10590229
>I doubt AP was expecting SC to be as huge as it was

They know it’s their most iconic print, that’s why they’re doing the MTO for the anniversary. Why wouldn’t they expect it to be the most demand they’ve ever had? You’re an idiot if you think they didn’t see it coming.
>>
>>10590233
Newfags are also forgetting AP placed a cap where if it was met the MTO would be turned into a lottery and that didn’t happen.
>>
>>10590233
So fucking what I'm sure it still takes time for them to prep shit so everything goes smoothly
>>
>>10590263
That’s the case for every MTO. I’m so fucking tired of this influx of newfags without critical thinking abilities. That’s the worst part about the sweet boom, not even the inflated prices.
>>
>>10590026
Same, im still trying to decide which color way I want.

>>10590264
Oh my god quit your bitching.
>>
>>10590268
Quit your bitching about my bitching first
>>
File: 3.jpg (177 KB, 800x679)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Were there any other photos of Little Bunny Strawberry?
This looks really cute but I was hoping to see more angles.
>>
>>10590402
Go to the stupid questions thread. This has already been discussed like a month ago.
>>
File: mt_1617164052.jpg (156 KB, 500x600)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Did any gulls pick up this dress, either OP or JSK? I'm interested but curious about the quality in person.
>>
Shop girl chan, please throw us a crumb of inside knowledge for this week's release.
>>
>>10590545
Not her but I really hope it's JCT or LBS or even a print rerelease. I want a print for the love of god.
>>
>>10590553
That or the MTOs promised at the online tea party ffs
>>
I'm so desperate for JCT and LBS that I had a dream we had a double release and there were tons of cuts and so many accessories. AP really gave us a feast for our wallets.

Maybe it'll come true? Shop girl-chan? Please give us the information we all crave.
>>
>>10587338
I feel lucky I have my pair of these. I got them years ago secondhand for like $8 and they're still in great condition after several wears. Remember when wunderwelt used to have like a bundle of 6 socks for 25 euro? Yeah.
>>
>>10590545
This week's release is what we all want. Brace yourselves for a bloodbath.
Likely no jewellery yet (not 100% sure on this one).
>>10590553
It will, in fact, be a print.
>>10590586
Your wishes shall be granted, albeit on a smaller scale. It has its benefits though. A double release would leave most of us without even a pair of socks in our cart by the checkout time. I'd be so stressed if I had to fight for two main pieces in my preferred cut, matching accessories and socks at the same time.
>>
>>10590604
I'm so excited!
>>
>>10586550
Thank you, kind anon. Your post is very sweet.
>>10587370
Probably only the design team knows that in advance.
>>
>>10590604
Can you give us a hint of which of the two it is?
>>
>>10590646
I hope it's Jelly Candy Toys.
>>
Judging by the stock photos, I feel like AP original embroidered lace quality has gone down. Is there anyone who owns recent (December 2020 onward) releases and doesn't mind posting closeups of the lace?
>>
>>10590668
It has 100% gone down. I've bought a few recent releases and can definitely see a difference since about 1-2 years ago, the embroidery is way looser and rougher looking, like AP is using replica lace of their own design. The non-custom lace is still nice and fine, though. In comparison, lace from the early 2010's is incredibly crisp and beautiful...it makes me sad.
>>
>>10590604
Hell yeah, print time.
Also, shopgirl-chan do you know anything about this? From google translating it, it says that they’re getting rid of phone reservation services and having shoppers reserve in-store.
>>
>>10590676
>like AP is using replica lace of their own design
Well put, anon, this is how I feel too. I was wondering if it's just the photos looking bad since I haven't bought that many newer prints. It feels like they are being stingy on the embroidery thread. The embroidery used to look almost 3D and really popped against the lace background.
>>
>>10590679
>>
>>10590668
I have Girly Sticker & Ice Cream Parlor, I can post some later today.
>>
>>10590682
I would greatly appreciate it, anon.
>>
I don’t give a fuck about JCT or Cherry Berry Bunny 2.0, give me one of the MTOs you promised AP.
>>
>>10590687
How dare you say that about Little Bunny Strawberry you cotton candy colored whore

Cherry Berry Bunny is a trash print in comparison (although this newer one will be basically a trash bag if it's poly)
>>
>>10590688
>Cherry Berry Bunny is a trash print in comparison
fuck off slut
>>
>>10590679
It's slightly different. AP isn't completely ditching the outdated phone reservation system, they are changing it. You used to be able to call and ask them to put a specific item aside for you. This service still available, but not for the new releases. Now you need to call on Friday evening to reserve a time slot for visiting the shop. This gives you priority over the customers who just show up at the store without a reserved slot, but doesn't guarantee your desired item availability.
I suppose it's a mix of corona-related measures to prevent people queuing up at the store entrance on the release day and an attempt to minimise the number of people asking to put items aside and then never showing up to pick them up.
Sorry if my explanation is too convoluted.
>>
>>10590688
Cherry berry bunny is a god tier print you harlot.
>>
>>10590689
It only looks good in like 2 colorways

There are far better berry prints from AP, they just don't have bunnies. LBS is going to be better imo. But only if it's cotton. I also just hate strawberry prints that throw in cherries or other berries.
>>
>>10590697
I hope it’s poly so you can cry over it. You deserve it for your shit taste.
>>
>>10590698
I'm not going to cry over it being poly because I'm not 5 years old. I'll just have fun grabbing accessories from each release and not worry about a bloodbath. Plus my FPS items are coming in soon so I have an actually good strawberry print without any extraneous bitch ass cherries to wear.
>>
>>10590701
You do realize you’re severely autistic for being upset over cherries? Especially being upset that cherry berry bunny has cherries? It’s literally... in the name that it has cherries.
>>
>>10590697
>It only looks good in like 2 colorways
Nayrt, but this is the case with many AP prints.
>>
>>10590702
I'm not upset anon, this is just playful salty banter. I never said the dress or print was ugly, just listed my preference and which ones I like more.

Is this the point that cgl is at? That playfully disagreeing over what prints and motifs we like or prefer is seen as severe autism because no one can fathom someone might express an opinion without being genuinely hurt or angry?
>>
>>10590702
you’re getting way too upset over a half joke
>>
>>10590704
Please see a doctor about your autism
>>
File: a.jpg (589 KB, 1200x1231)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>10590676
Realized I had two pieces with the same lace so I was able to make a direct comparison. Top is from 2020, bottom from 2012. Unfortunately pic turned out a little blurrier than I expected, but you should be able to tell a difference.
>>
>>10590706
Touch some grass, anon, go listen to a knock knock joke or something, please
>>
>>10590697
do you get triggered when your strawberry sundae has a cherry on top?
>>
>>10590697
> I also just hate strawberry prints that throw in cherries or other berries.

This made me laugh anon, thats some pretty specific 'tism
>>
>>10590695
No, that’s a good explanation! Thanks so much, anon.
>>
File: b.jpg (449 KB, 694x1500)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>10590707
Lace quality seems to vary slightly, these are all from 2020 and the middle one is not so bad, but top straight up reminds me of zombie bears, and the bottom AP dot lace I consider to be the worst of the bunch. The "AP" stitching is pretty bad.
>>
>>10590708
Shhh, it’s okay. If you go to Reddit they’ll gladly accept your autism. Just not here
>>
>>10590646
>>10590661
Sorry, I just can't talk about it.
>>
>>10590707
the more closely I look the worse it gets. The fleur de lis are a crime
>>
>>10590709
I don't actually like strawberry ice cream at all.

Print motifs don't have to translate to real world preferences. Can't believe I'M the one being accused of autism here.
>>
>>10590717
It’s pretty autistic to screech about cherries and other berries being included in berry prints.
>>
>>10590710
I like strawberries. I see strawberries, I buy strawberries. I didn't ask for a fruit salad. If knowing what I want is autism then I'm one socially retarded bitch.
>>
>>10590719
You were JUST complaining about cherries being included on CHERRY berry bunny, and how you hate how cherries are included in “strawberry” prints. Even though CHERRY berry bunny isn’t a strawberry dominant print.
>>
>>10590718
>expressing a preference is peak autism

May bad, I forgot that on cgl not simply not liking something is the same as reeing at the top of my lungs that it's evil and should be abolished.
>>
>>10590688
>>10590696
All fruit AP prints are shit, long live chocolate and cake.
>>
>>10590722
t. Fatty stuck in 2015
>>
>>10590701
>grabbing accessories from each release
>not worrying about a bloodbath
kek
>>
>>10590720
I said that I think Little Bunny Strawberry is a better print than CBB because the two were compared, and said I dislike prints with non strawberry berries mixed in with strawberries, as in, they are just not my preference and that's why I don't buy them and prefer something like LBS or FPS. I never said the print can't have other shit or complained that AP had the nerve to put cherries in a print with cherry in the name, I just said I don't like it lol.

Please get some help anon you're taking casual cgl banter and shit talking further than it needs to go.
>>
>>10590726
Stop sperging out so much and interjecting your autism into conversations then. Nobody forced you to give your autistic opinion.
>>
>>10590724
I know how to click at a reasonable speed unlike the poor anons who forget to autofill their CC info. Never had trouble getting at least one or two acessories per country's store in releases this year.
>>
>>10590604
I hope it’s Little Bunny Strawberry! I can’t wait.
>>
>>10590727
You can't force the internet to never have opinions you disagree with by calling everything autistic. I'm going to keep expressing whatever opinions I want just to watch you seethe and sperg over how "autistic" (read: different than yours) it is.

>>10590722
Agreed on the second half, chocolate prints are good and anyone who disagrees is just mad they can only afford to eat chocolate and not buy MRC.
>>
>>10590730
You do know multiple people are calling you autistic right? Maybe that ought to be a wake up call for you
>>
>>10590727

Kek imagine being angry people are discussing lolita prints on the lolita board
>>
>>10590731
See: >>10590732
>>
>>10590723
I might be a fatty, but at least I'm able to be stuck in pre-2015 unshirred AP and not in your modern poly tents, you fruit salad slut.
>>
>>10590732
This is common though. How new r u
>>
>>10590734
>Fruit salad slut

Good one anon
>>
>>10590734
This is nothing to brag about. Even most of APs unshirred pieces from that time go to like 90cm which is large
>>
>>10590735
The only thing new is the excruciating level of autism from everyone involved in this sperg-fueled derailment over who does or doesn't like a piece of fucking fruit.
>>
>>10590737
Nayrt but I'd rather have a fatty sized chocolate jacquard print than a sad trash bag that everyone and their obese aunt is wearing.
>>
>>10590738
>The only thing new is the excruciating level of autism

Newfag.
>>
>>10590707
Even the stitching looks more parallel in the older one.
>>10590712
The bears look as flat and drained of all life as the polkadots. It's almost as if they were supposed to do a couple more layers of embroidery, but ran out of thread.
It's pretty sad to look at, but I appreciate your posting the photos. Thank you.
>>
>>10590737
Many of them also don't look good on anyone who's above 80 cm bust.
>>
>>10590745
Nayrt but I have a bust of 85 and every 88-90cm unshirred piece I own all fit me very well. I don’t have a large rib cage so maybe that’s why?
>>
First time seeing JCT felt like a must have but now after clearer catalog photos I realized that I just want another Fancy Candy in a different color. Still going to try for JCT hoping it’ll look better in person. Excited for more accessories and that visor!
>>
>>10590717
it's a joke, calm down.
>>
>>10590747
I was mostly thinking about extremely high waisted OPs that became popular around that time. I find them not too flattering on people closer to the max bust measurement. The boob volume tends to push the waistline up too much. Katrina OP was even listed at 100 cm, but I'm sure it won't sit properly on anyone near that.
>>
>>10590695
A lot of customers are unhappy about the new system. Going through the hassle of reserving a slot over the phone, going to the store and figuring their preferred colourway just sold out is going to suck.
>>
>>10590687
i also don't care about either of them. i was way more into the solids they've been pumping out. we can rest this week
>>
>>10590687
Yeah, I'm gonna stick with the MTOs too
>>
I hope the release info gets uploaded tonight instead of tomorrow like it's been lately.
>>
>>10590684
So here’s Girly Sticker and Ice Cream Parlor’s lace. Hopefully the picture quality is okay.
>>
>>10590701
>fun grabbing accessories from each release and not worry about a bloodbath
How new are you...?
AP accessories are notoriously hard to get at releases. In fact, harder to get than the dresses. Lurk more.
>>
>>10590806
I doubt they're even a lolita.
>>
>>10590785
I'm kind of worried about shopping services going forward too.
I know mine was using the phone reservation system. I'm scared they might refuse new release requests since this change was so sudden, and they might not feel safe yet with covid.
>>
>>10590806

Nayrt but it's not that difficult to get acessories on release day if you just want a couple things and move fast. It's literally easier to get a new release than secondhand AP jewelry from a CC update. And there's Paris and Japan, plus a 3rd chance with USA later for a lot of items.

You gulls are just slow as fuck. With Paris things selling out during VIP are annoying if you don't have VIP status but they restock some colors of things within the next couple days, sometimes more than once as well. Imagine thinking someone is larping because they're better at getting ahold of new releases than you.
>>
>>10590809
I really want a new lolita-based SS to open in Tokyo, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Maybe once the pandemic is more in control.
>>
>>10590806
I did specify "each" release. As in, I usually get all the acessories I want by splitting up my tries between each store. If I just want acessories vs a dress plus acessories, that makes it easier because I'm going for less things at once.
>>
>>10590811
People are making fun of them because they said AP accessories are not a bloodbath.
Whether you are fast enough to get them or not, they always sell out in 60 seconds or less. It's a bloodbath. Hardly "fun."
>>
>>10590811
>acessories
>>10590815
>acessories

Yeah I feel like you're the same person.
>>
>>10590818
I think they meant not partaking in the main piece bloodbath specifically. Which still happen. That one floral release sold out right away in all cuts and colors st the AP USA store despite the quick moving pastel acessories being super popular and desirable and the focus of a lot of people.
>>
>>10590820
We can tell you’re samefagging
>>
>>10590814
It all sucks. I know my current SS is overworked and already having a hard time. Apparently now they have to call a day ahead to get a spot in line while being bombed with our shopping requests? Sometimes AP announces releases so late that they'd be calling before the details are even revealed.
I feel like they should grandfather in the people who have made phone reservations and been consistently good at picking items up. Like the other anon said, it's going to suck for people paying transport fees to get to the store and then everything they want is sold out. Just a waste of time and money.
>>
>>10590819

Noticing more than one person leaving out a single letter in a word that is spelled with a couple sets of multiples and therefore commonly misspelled isn't the Sherlock big brain move you think it is. Are you aware people misspell things like that, Mississippi, or address all the time when typing quickly?

I'm just pointing out the fact that it isn't that hard to get new release items, even if it's not easy to get a full set anymore. People will always say things after releases like they went back and added stuff to their cart and ended up losing everything or that AP Japan is not taking their card when people have discussed all the known issues with tenso and stuff already, when you factor all the mistakes people make, it becomes clear that they are making the bloodbaths more difficult because of poor planning.
>>
>>10590824
Sure Jan
>>
>>10590820
This is hard to read.
Accessories are harder to get than the main pieces/dresses themselves, so I don't get what your point is. Not only is there a bloodbath for accessories, but it's worse for accessories than the main pieces. That's why all of us drooling over wristcuffs and socks is a meme now.
>>
I just want AP to stop waiting until the last second to announce releases. They've been doing it a lot lately and it's kind of stressful.
>>
>>10590826
Logically if every item sells out very quickly, then having a main piece that is also desirable in your cart increases the chance you'll end up getting kicked if it sells out. In that time it takes to reload, you can lose the accessories you wanted too. If you want fewer items overall, even the small ones people are all competing for, you're less likely to end up having to deal with that. Seconds matter on release day and being able to disregard an item and have it not be a priority that takes your time means you gain back that time ahead of people who are going for more.

That's why it's also a meme that a ton of us only end up with one headbow or ring and that it's impossible to get more than a single item in a release anymore, the strategy is to go for a single item now because it wastes less time and you can then at least have an almost guaranteed chance at that one thing, even if it means you forfeit the other items you wanted.
>>
>>10590824
It's a simple tell, anon. It means if you aren't the same person, you're both using a browser without auto-correct. Which is kind of stupid in 2021.

Again, no one said getting accessories is impossible. I'm successful 80-90% of the time. But the first anon claimed it was "fun" aiming for just accessories, and the prevailing feeling is that it isn't. It's more dreadful, because we know that if we have one miss-click or the page doesn't load quick enough, the item is gone. I agree the things you mentioned are stupid reasons that people miss out. But sometimes it really comes down to luck, like in what order the server handles the requests. There's nothing "fun" about it and it's not a casual thing for popular releases.
>>
>>10590832
Is it not common knowledge that you should only buy one item at a time at lease?
I've been speaking from the point of view of someone who only ever adds one item to thier cart. You didn't need to explain all this to me. Accessories are still a bloodbath. Just buying one accessory is not easier than buying one dress.
>>
>>10590828
If you think ap is bad just wait until you see the madness that is random btssb drops kek
>>
>>10590833
nayrt but some people just ignore autocorrect, or are typing too quick to notice.

even if they're samefagging the point was somewhat valid, and for some people the tension/excitement is entertaining. and as >>10590832 pointed out it is easier when you want less shit so knowing your buying experience will be easier this go around would make it more fun

desu all of you are just autistic as fuck and sperging out like the person earlier whining over someone not liking cherries
>>
>buying one accessory is not easier than buying one dress

i don't think anyone actually said that anon
>>
>>10590837
Nayrt but it sure is a big coincidence that all these people that are misspelling the same word the same way are on the same side of the argument.
>>
>>10590803
why the fuck are they so long
>>
>>10590834

Buying one of any single item yeah, a main piece is often easier, but when people want more than one thing then only wanting 2 things instead of 3 really ups your chances. I think you can get more than only one thing easily if you're quick, at least with USA and Japan.
>>
>>10590837
Welcome to /cgl/ newfag
>>
>>10590839
i wouldn't call it an argument to say buying less shit is easier than buying more shit, but now i kinda wanna start spelling it wrong on purpose to subtly fuck with people kek
>>
>>10590837
I swear you are just the same person again. >>10590832 is just explaining what we all already know. Like, duh. Yes.
This has nothing to do with the original post about them laughing about how fun it is to just ignore dress releases and shoot for the accessories. They are just backpeddling now and saying "oh but if you had a dress and ring in your cart it's harder." Of course, it is. Of course just buying one item is easier. And apparently they are so new that they didn't think the rest of us in the AP thread didn't already know this.
This is exhausting.
>>
>>10590843
Eggsdee what a troll hahaha :^)
>>
>>10590845
maybe if you were less autistically semantic and argumentative you would get less assmad over unimportant shit

i love how now I'm the same person for not being as obsessed as you. never change, cgl
>>
>>10590845

You did this to yourself anon.
>>
File: Red_Poodle.jpg (102 KB, 502x599)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Staring at this on the site and wondering; do you think I could mix/match Cinema Doll accessories with this?
>>
>>10590868
I love dog prints but this one just feels off and not worth the money
>>
>>10590868
Cinema Doll uses black as an accent colour and not grey. But it might still end up looking cute, but you need to be good at balancing colours.
>>
>>10590868
Go to the stupid questions thread
>>
>>10590814
There’s an SS thread somewhere where we discussed a little about this. I’m moving to Tokyo at the end of the year and was thinking of being an SS for my friends if I’m going to buy items myself anyway but not for commission by customers. Not worth it.

>>10590823
Grandfathering customers is like the VIP status. I feel locals don’t like that there are SS services buying up things in person in mass just to send to foreign customers.

I’m wondering how much a single person can buy on release day if they get first pick and nothing has sold out yet. One of every cut and color for every dress type, blouse, accessories, etc??
>>
>>10590868
Maybe? That's such a weird colorway I think you'd have to just buy it and figure out how to coord it irl.
>>
>>10590899
>how much a single person can buy on release day
Depends on the release, namely how popular AP estimates it to be. They normally publish the applicable rules in the respective shop blog.
Last week you could reserve one item from Petit Marionette series and one item from Little House from Harajuku store over the phone.
>>
>>10590899
>locals don’t like that there are SS services buying up things in person
What they like even less is trying to get through a busy line at 5 pm on Friday when most people who can afford AP on a regular basis are too busy making some sweet sweet ¥.
>>
>>10590899
>>10590910
I feel like there has to be special treatment or special rules, because my SS has done the phone reservation for awhile now at their store, and sometimes they are able to get every colorway of everything I want (for instance, 3 moco moco bunnys wristcuff colorways). They are a well-known SS and that would basically mean no one else shopping with them would be able to get any wristcuffs. Unless accessories don't count for item limits? I don't really buy main pieces from AP anymore (please die, poly) so I wouldn't really know.
>>
>>10590608
I have this and fyi the red is a little odd. Its really warm toned so you can't wear other red items with it.

Some cinema doll items might look ok but you'd really have to trial and error.
>>
>>10590924
meant to reply to >>10590868
>>
>>10590919
I think AP releases are on Saturday, but yeah, it's all still fucked.
>>
>>10590923
Hm I wonder! I also used a popular SS when the lyrical bunny and bashful bear little witch jewelry came out and she was able to get me 7 pieces- 2 earring sets, 3 rings, 2 necklaces however this series had a lot of color ways so it was all a mix and match.

I do remember being in Japan in person when Dream Cat Go Round released and was only allowed 3pts? 1 main piece and 2 accessories. After the drawn numbers are done I believe you can go back and buy what’s left over with no limit.
>>
>>10590935
Same with me for jewelry. The same SS as the wristcuffs was able to get me 2 rings and 2 necklaces from the original Topping Heart release.
If SS get special privileges as high volume buyers, I guess I won't complain. I think that's only allowable for Japan though, because other stores get such low stock in comparison. I really want to know, but I don't want to make people reveal thier secrets.
>>
>>10590868
I have this dress and I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s definitely grey in person and shoehorning black in will look weird.
>>
>>10590919
AP releases are at noon on Saturdays, think time zones, you moron.
>>
>>10590927
Releases are indeed on Saturday, but under the new system customers would have to reserve their time slot for visiting the shop to get priority entrance. Time slot reservations start on Friday night, 17:00 JST.
>>10590923
The restrictions usually apply to main pieces. Sometimes there's something like 'you can only get a matching headdress if you buy a main piece from the series'. It's also possible to try and reserve from multiple stores. There's no centralised phone number, each store used to take item reservations on their own.
The rules differ for each release anyways. The restrictions get relaxed a few days after the release, too, while some shops still have several items in stock. If you're interested what the rules were in place for a specific release, you may look it up in the official shop blogs.
>>10590935
Did you manage to get what you wanted from Dream Cat Go Round series?
>>
This week’s release is probably Little Bunny Strawberry since they already released the blouse.
>>
>>10590940
I don't have to think time zones being in Japan. Go to AP website, open the new rules, read them. If you can't read Japanese, press ctrl+f, lookup '17', copy the sentence, paste it into Google Translate and try reading it.
>>
>>10590945
I did. Well it wasn’t for me but for a friend who wanted the JSK in black. I think that was the only Dream Cat Go around that sold out JSK and OP. Maybe grey did too? The other two colorways lingered for a few weeks after if I remember right. I bought myself a bat ring. I drew number 19 at Shinjuku Mauri Annex.
>>
>>10590957
Lavender JSK sold out for a couple days and then got restocked.
>>
>>10590957
Samefag but grey was a special set OP only and there were three other regular release colorways besides black: ivory, sax, and lavender.
>>
>>10590957
Glad it worked out for you! We must have been in the same queue then.
>>
>>10590953
Nayrt but I'm so confused. Are you saying releases happen on Friday now?
Because clearly people are supposed to call on Friday, to reserve a spot in line on Saturday. So releases are still Saturday, it just sucks more now because people have to take time out of thier day on Friday at 5pm to call. But they aren't physically waiting in line on Friday.
Maybe that's what you're getting at? Sorry in advance for being dense.
>>
>>10590919
>trying to get through a busy line
Okay yeah, I'm >>10590964 and I'm just dense.
I thought "busy line" was physical, but you meant the phone. Makes sense now.
>>
>>10590964
If you can queue up at 5 pm on Fridays now that might mean AP will be forced to make sure they get their release info out on time at least.
>>
RIP our SSs that have normie jobs. AP made their releases even more convoluted and complicated instead of just increasing production.
>>
>>10590964
>Are you saying releases happen on Friday now?
No.
>reserve a spot in line on Saturday
Correction: they don't reserve a spot in line, they reserve a time slot for shopping. Those with a reservation won't have to stand in line on Saturday. They just arrive at whatever time they reserved and enter the store.
>>10590966
Yes, I meant the busy phone line. Calling AP has never been a pleasant experience even with an auto dialer. It's essentially a lottery, but very inefficient for all parties involved. Many Japanese websites hold online lotteries for the right to purchase highly coveted items. I wish AP would do the same.
>>10590968
Luckily we're not at that stage yet.
>>
>>10590970
I hope this new system won't last long. It doesn't solve any of the existing problems. Japanese lolitas on Twitter are pretty angry about it. I mean, Twitter users are generally angry, but this time they are angrier than usual.
That aside,
>just increasing production
is not as easy as it might seem.
>>
>>10590959
Sax was the one that went on sale right? Sorry I couldn’t remember what cuts and colors there were for this release as I wasn’t interested and only buying for someone else.

>>10590963
Did you get what you wanted? I made friends in line so that was nice hahah
>>
>>10590974
I got a JSK and wore it to go to Marion Crepes in a couple of days afterward. Felt nice.
>>
>>10590973
Yeah I know we're never going to see AP increase production and I know it's not super easy to do either. I just wish AP would focus on a fix like that, since it would buy them some time, rather than change around a phone reservation system.
It's like a phone lottery all over again - instead of being a lottery for an item, it's a lottery for a time slot to shop. So now instead of a 1-step process where you get the item on the phone, they turned it into a bullshit 2-step process where you have to first get a time slot (time slots are limited and will fill up), and then you go to the store and MAYBE you have a chance to get an item.
I realize that tons of phone calls were probably hard and obnoxious for the shopgirls to handle, but rearranging the "reservation" system because of it is probably the most mentally-challenged solution I can think of.
AP sits on piles of money and then whines and profusely apologizes that it can't manage the volume of orders during new releases. It's like they don't understand they are creating the problem.

Sorry for being so salty. Not directed at you.
>>
File: Thisyearjustgotworse.jpg (517 KB, 1080x1018)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>10590970
Well I'm gonna cry.

Just noticed this posted on an SS page (not the one I use, but still concerning).
I really, really do not want to have to rely on AP USA as my only chance to get release items.
Goodbye, ever getting more than one thing ever again. Hello, paying scalpers for literally everything (or just never getting anything).

Someone please just kill me.
>>
>>10591031
They're doing this right as some highly anticipated prints/items are supposed to come out too. Fucking horrible timing.
>>
AP really said go fuck you to everyone, huh?
>>
>>10590936
AP SS don't get special treatment but Baby high spenders do
>>
>>10591038
Yep.
At this point, if they really stick to this system, a lot of us who used SS to get a majority of items will have to rely completely on scalpers.
>>
>>10591033
Could this be why we haven't gotten a print release for awhile? Stalling till they had a new system in place?
>>
>>10591031
If people who already claimed spots might not even get their dresses, anyone who didn't claim a spot yet is screwed. This is the worst stunt AP's pulled yet.
>>
>>10591031
I really do wonder how much this is going to affect AP shoppers in the future. Not just shopping services (esp since we already kind of talked about this), but those within Japan as well. Since a lot of lolitas who are based in Japan are also angry about this, I get the feeling this is going to be a huge problem for their business in the long run.
I dunno, I wish they would of came up with something different. If they aren't willing to increase production like they should, they should at least not create a method that will most likely restrict a lot of people both in and out of Japan from buying.
>>
>>10591131
Time to kiss Jelly Candy Toys goodbye...It was nice having hope of getting it while it lasted.
>>
>>10591133
If AP is really this distraught over new releases, they just need to have an online lottery (I hate lotteries, but at least you find out you didn't get the item before going to the store and it's minimum effort for everyone) or have a line at the physical stores, first come first serve.
AP releases have always been a complete circus and this change isn't going to make anything better. I really hope the Japanese lolitas let AP know this was an ass backwards idea. Having it happen right when JCT and the Strawberry print is supposed to release is a really bad look.
I have a feeling it's going to cause weird issues, like all the shopping times will fill, but people not showing up/not buying certian items/colorways will result in stuff being leftover on release day (that would normally all be reserved by hundreds of callers) and mass confusion on when others can snag items.
>>
>>10591148
I think it's their way of trying to reduce scalpers, but unfortunately they've chosen a way literally no one wanted.
>>
>>10591149
Yeah AP missed the memo about how if you make things too hard for scalpers to buy, you're also making it harder for real customers too.
>>
I know I'm being dramatic and it's just clothes, but I feel like my dreams have been crushed. It's going to be nearly impossible to get anything now.
>>
>>10591166
Nah I'm right there with you.
The past year has been so depressing in general. This doesn't help. It feels like the things that make me happy just got locked behind another door.
>>
As someone who exclusively just goes for the USA releases and then circles back to fril for the scalp if I end up missing the bloodbath cause I have the money for it, it's business as usual. I was always too lazy to get a in-Japan SS but manage to get most of the stuff I want really. I do feel bad for SS' businesses though - but they seemed overwhelmed so it might just be a relief for them? Idk.
>>
>no release update yet
God damn it
If AP keeps delaying updates til Friday in Japan, everything is just that much more screwy with the new "reserve a time" system.
>>
>>10591169
Thanks anon, I needed to hear that I’m not alone, though obviously I’m sorry for you too.
>>
>>10591182
They’re just digging their own grave at this point. Do they even care anymore?
>>
>>10591031
Maybe... MAYBE this finally means we get a Milky Planet re-release! This was all in preparation for that!

That's the only positive spin I have anons.
>>
>>10591198
If it’s milky planet that means it’s not going to be an mto which will be very chaotic to say the least
>>
God even if it was something like You must submit a photo of you in a coord with proof or some shit just to get something I wanted I would still do it
>>
>>10591198
It’s obvious they did it for JCT.
>>
gulls how do i sleep tonight knowing it’s going to be a print and most SS won’t even be able to get anything
>>
>>10591206
Cry like the rest of us and hold on tight to your old 2010 AP.
>>
>>10591182
They really are updating late in the day on Friday now so there's not much notice
>>
>>10591208
Now that the new rules have dropped, I’m wondering if the late release details are on purpose.
>>
>>10591210
Probably, though I don’t see why they thought this new system would be a good idea or solve any problems when it’s just creating more problems. It’s making even jp lolitas angry lol
>>
>>10591211
It might even make their sales drop a little because a lot of normie lolitas who have a job/life outside of lolita don't have the time or energy for this new system, especially if they don't live in the city center of Tokyo
>>
Anybody ever used the shopping service Cookie Sarah?
>>
>>10591217
It’s not like AP in Laforet and Marui Annex are the only AP shops in Japan, you know.
>>
>>10591210
Why do you think this is late? I used to make AP release posts on lolita updates on Facebook in the last couple of years and we‘d rarely get the release details by now.
>>
>>10591211
Could anyone link or screenshot the Japanese lolitas on Twitter? I'm stupid and don't know how to find the comments talking about this
>>
>>10591208
It's only 5 PM on Thursday here. They'll likely update in a couple hours.
>>
>>10591226
Nta but because AP has been dropping release details on Thursday in Japan for awhile now. It's only been the past month or so that they're doing it on Friday. Last release with the candy border socks was annouced literally noon on Friday in Japan. And now people are supposed to call at 5pm on Friday too.
>>
>>10591228
Lately they’ve been going live in Fridays in Japan so I’m not sure why you’re so confident about this.
>>
>>10591227
Just search Angelic Pretty on Twitter and you'll find it.
>>
>>10591227
Search for ‘プリティ 新作’ and go to the ‘Latest’ tab.
>>
>>10591233
Thank you anon!
>>
File: 46uvd325h.jpg (239 KB, 1080x645)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Speaking of, another SS is giving up on AP. I don't think anyone really used Sunflower, but still.

The golden age is over.
>>
>>10590729
>>10590950
It’s going to be JCT, you strawberry tarts.
>>
Anyone knows when this rerelease will be announced ?
>>
>>10591243
how do you know that for sure?
>>
>>10591248
Oh my god, just shut the fuck up and read the fucking thread.
>>
>>10591229
So over all these years they‘ve been doing early announcements for a few months and this is your new standard now? Better get used to it, because that’s their normal release schedule and they simply got back to it.
Also, the new rules will probably be abolished once the whole corona shit is over and people just come and line up like normal.
>>
>>10591248
We don’t even know if this colour will be available for the MTO.
>>
>>10591255
I want this so bad for Christmas. Too bad at this point there’s no way we’d get it in time
>>
>>10591031
I hope AP finds a better alternative because this is ass
>>
>>10591248
We’re all waiting to find out too anon. Only time will tell.
>>
>>10591261
>I want this so bad for Christmas
fucking kek you'll probably get it by christmas next year
>>
>>10591198
I just won milky planet in an auction. I’m not ready to fight for another one just yet... war flashbacks...
>>
Shop girl chan, how much you charging to keep some stock back? Clearly this is the only way we're going to be able to get our hands on AP now so under the table, dirty dealings it is.
>>
>>10591242
even before these rules sunflower seed hasn't been able to get a single new release. i've tried like 7 times.
>>
>>10591255
Why wouldn’t it be?
>>
>>10591321
I was going to try them out but if they can't get me new release items when even Tenshi can despite being hella busy, there's clearly a problem with their service quality (or maybe it's harder since Sunflower Seed is in Tokyo where possibly more lolitas live compared to Tenshi's local store?)

Ever since I stopped being lazy and set up tenso though I've had zero issues with getting new release items from the Japan release. But I know there is the advantage with SS that is now gone which sucks for people who are in fucky timezones or just wanted more of a guarantee.
>>
>>10591299
why does everyone call her a shopgirl when she said she not one?
>>
>Fuck all of you, you’re going to buy our stuff anyway. Scramble for what you want, trash.

-Angelic Pretty 2021
>>
>>10591341
Where would she get the insider info from though genuinely wanna know
>>
>>10591343
She doesn’t even seem to have super interesting information. Who cares if she knows what prints will be released a certain week? She can’t tell us when MTOs are happening, so she’s useless
>>
>>10591343
idk, if AP uses a third party service for distribution or something else she could work for them and get info from that
>>
>>10591344
wow way to make sure she never comes and helps us, cow
>>
>>10591348
Who cares lmao. Stop being such a fucking child
>>
>>10591354
you’re the one who sounds like an angry child, anon
>>
>>10591355
I’m not the one throwing tantrums calling people cows because some attention whore will “never come and help us”
>>
>>10591359
But we're also not the ones who are throwing tantrums at someone trying to help because she doesn't have the specific information that we want.
>>
>>10591364
If you’re really upset over that 4chan isn’t the website for you. You’re way too sensitive.
>>
>>10591359
yeah lmao like... you were the one who was initially rude. shop girl comes and gives us info that a lot of people value, so why go out of your way to insult her?
>>
>>10591369
Are you not seeing the hypocrisy here
>>
>>10591369
No one (but the tantrum anon) is upset, though. Just astounded that someone is this much of a child about not knowing when a dress is coming out.
>>
>>10591341
It's just who she is now, she must accept that this is her /cgl/ name
>>
>>10591341
I started call her that eventhough I remember reading that she isn’t one. I thought shopgirl was still catchy. What would have you called her?
>>
>>10591344
this. she gives really vague information and doesn't seem to know much of anything other than knowing when something is a print or not, which could just be a 50/50 guess.

next release is what we all want - this is so vague, this could mean 10 different things. unless they list their source it's just hearsay to me. it's not really helping anything for an anonymous person with no confirmed connections or sources to say "its a print" or "its not a print" when we'll find out in 24 hours anyway
>>
>>10591384
Didn't she also predict a new Toy Fantasy cut?
>>
>>10591344
>>10591359
>>10591384
fuck all the way off. shopgirlchan is doing us all a favor in giving us a heads up on releases. just be happy with the info she can give. I swear newfags are never satisfied

SGC- I appreciate you and thanks for your updates each week, don't listen to these shitheads
>>
Kek. All these people seething over a different opinion.
>>
Welcome to cgl, where nothing is ever good enough for anybody. Sigh
>>
Maybe it’s just me but just telling us what kind of main piece is coming out which week, not even the exact piece, isn’t very useful.
>>
>>10591403
your opinion doesn't dictate everyone else's. i'll take what i can get from shopgirl-chan, even if it's with a grain of salt
>>
>>10591407
And other people have the right to not give a shit about her or think her info isn’t valuable
>>
>>10591403
it’s free information. would you rather have a vague idea, or no idea at all
>>
>>10591427
Honestly it doesn’t matter to me at all.
>>
>>10591428
and you think ppl give a shit what you think?
>>
>>10591429
That post literally asked my preference lmao. Stop seething
>>
>>10591435
you weren’t supposed to answer the question lol. its to show you how much of a whiny stupid brat you are
>>
>>10591452
Take a chill pill nonny
>>
>>10591384
>>10591249
Your brains are as smooth as your bloomers are frilly, anons. >>10590646 asked for a hint and shopgirl-chan said she Just Can't Talk about the release of the fucking Jelly Candy Toys.
>>
>>10591398
>shopgirlchan is doing us all a favor in giving us a heads up on releases
she states if something is going to be print or nonprint a day before AP announces it themselves. wow, so helpful
>>
>>10591475
Nah, she should totally risk her job security for the sake of approval on a Tibetan finger-painting board. /s
>>
if she doesn't work at AP herself she's probably leaking this information through hacking AP's site
>>
>>10591496
Ntayrt but she also predicted the week of the topping heart jewelry re-release. But keep acting like a cow if you insist
>>
Those who take secret-information-anon's name in vain shall burn in burnado hell.
>>
>>10591507
This, God.
>>
>>10591344
Out of sheer curiosity, how is knowing MTO dates any more helpful than knowing what items are coming out in the nearest future?
>>
Shopgirl-chan, any insight as to why they’re doing this new system?
Now the phones are going to be slammed at 5pm Friday instead of 12pm Sat. And since customers are just booking a time to come to the store, of course they’ll come early and there will be random gawkers too since they won’t know the stock unless they’re physically at the store. I bet there will be a lot of anger about not getting what they came for too.
VS
Slamming the phone at 12pm on Sat, reserving what you wanted, and either giving them a day/time to pick up or calling back later with a day/time. The stores were never crowded under this system whenever I participated.
>>
It’s JCT. it’s up and online only this week.
>>
>>10591805
I'm hoping they'll have a lot of stock or will restock because it looks like they're releasing EVERYTHING IN ONE GO. Time to panic

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.