[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: The thinker.jpg (49 KB, 517x600)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
This thread is for questions that don't deserve their own threads and/or can't be asked in one of the following help threads and Generals:
Cosplay: >>10568892
J-Fashion Stupid Questions Thread: >>10574142
Handmade Lolita Thread: >>10550825
Craft General: >>10458855
>>
>>10581698
When do you think cons will come back?
>>
>>10581707
Hm, I didn't think to include conversational topic generals, but here's one that suits your question: >>10574450
There were a ton of threads on this topic like a week ago but it looks like they've been pushed to the catalog already. In short: depends on many variables, but some estimate late fall 2021 to 2022. Vaccine distribution seems to be the big factor at the moment. I'm sure the folks in the cancelled thread would have more answers for you. Or visit the many Florida con threads where cons are already happening. Their threads are kind of like walking into an FB discussion thread though, so beware.
>>
>>10581744
I was just making a joke that those "when will cons come back?" threads don't really deserve their own thread either lol
>>
Can someone who has experience in other communities like reddit, amino, facebook, etc rank them? or tell a bit on how it is like?
>>
>>10581788
For what purpose? Are you a content creator? Are you a cosplayer or a lolita? etc. etc.
>>
File: p82iybnjlpkz.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>10581784
You used me... for JOKE DEVELOPMENT.
>>
>>10581795
I'm not in any comms and I'm just curious about how each is like (lolita).
>>
>>10581795
Lolita
>>
>>10581788
reddit and amino are both overwhelmingly ita (with some well-dressed folks posting there for content reach). facebook depends on the groups you're in, but is mostly fine
>>
Does the tights fabric that Violet Fane uses have a specific name?
bonus: has anyone found shops that sell cute tights with the same fabric?
>>
>>10581796
I'm sorry anon I'll send you an apology card pls post ur address and last 4 digits of your social
>>
I’m a 6ft tall trans girl, but before I get too old, I’ve always wanted to try putting together a lolita coord because it’s always been my dream to be able to wear cute frilly outfits. I swear to god this isn’t sexual or creepy at all whatsoever, I just think they’re adorable and if I only have one life on this earth I don’t want to miss the chance for good, even though I know my body type is so unsuited for it.

So my question is: is there even a way to pull this off without looking horrible, or do I just have to abandon my dream? I don’t want to make any cis girls uncomfortable, and from what I’ve heard there are a TON of awful experiences with fetishy men/trans women in Lolita spaces, and I’d never ever want to cause that (I just really think it’s all so cute aaaaaa I’ve wanted this for so many years).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and if it ends up that it just wasn’t for me, that’s fine too as long as your response isn’t just blatant hate I can respect it.

Thanks!
>>
>>10581982
> is there even a way to pull this off without looking horrible
yeah by putting a good coord together
> I don’t want to make any cis girls uncomfortable
don't post pictures then
> I swear to god this isn’t sexual or creepy at all whatsoever,
the way you phrased your dream kinda made it sound that way
>>
>>10581982
You can wear cute frilly things without it being lolita. Not sure why you as a woman are not aware that you are free to wear cute frilly shit whenever you want? Phrasing it as your dream doesn't sound creepy or sexual, just equally as weird as a cis girl being like "I've always dreamed of wearing girly clothes", like...girl, you always could? Nothing is stopping you?

If you mean lolita in particular being your dream and not feminine clothing in general, just...buy some and try it? If cis/androgynous men like Mana or tall girls, fat girls, and hobbits can wear lolita no problem, being a tall girl trans or not doesn't have to stop you. Just find what works for your body like the rest of us, and put effort into your appearance and no one will be mad. Also don't post anything online if you can't handle criticism. Even cis girls get picked apart for very little online. I don't post online for that reason despite coording fine and being average looking.
>>
>>10581995
It wasn’t just posting pictures, so much as wanting to join a community of people that I could learn from and share the joy of a hobby with, but okay...

>the way you phrased your dream kinda made it sound that way

Ok, I’ll admit I don’t know how to describe what I’m feeling very well. I just think Lolita fashion is beautiful, and I’ve always been held back by family/friends/society/my body, and I think that’s unfair and I want to try to do something about it. The vibe I’m getting from you is that I probably shouldn’t? That’s fair, it’s why I asked in the first place instead of just doing it. ;_;
>>
>>10581982
Men are not wanted in lolita.
>>
>>10581982

Your posts and responses just sound like attention whoring and/or bait. A day of lurking on cgl could have told you all you need to do is put in some effort into coording well and no one would care except people who don't like you because you're trans (which visually and socially passing would fix or help you avoid/you can't stop then from feeling that way anyway)
>>
>>10581998
I meant Lolita in particular lol

And it isn’t that simple for me. I’ve always struggled with anxiety around making other people uncomfortable? So if I get the vibe or energy that people think I’m gross, I just can’t do it.

I both simultaneously really respect the people that love this fashion/hobby and would never want to force myself in if it made other people mad, but also at the same time I’m like standing outside of the window in the cold staring in at all of yall together inside looking gorgeous and feeling like I want to cry.

idk like I said I’m reaaaally bad at describing what I mean- maybe I am just a weirdo idk :(
>>
>>10582001
i think you got too defensive. anon is saying if you don't want to make people uncomfortable, you don't have to post pictures of yourself in coords.
>>
>>10582007
If it were attention whoring/bait, wouldn’t I have made a new thread about it?

I’ll admit I could lurk more though, but I didn’t want to be around a community that thought I didn’t belong.

Looking for attention? No.

Really dumb and full of social anxiety and paranoia? Sure, I’ll admit that.
>>
>>10582010
If you care THAT much what people think then you shouldn't wear alternative fashion period, cis or trans.
>>
>>10582017
I care about what people I like think.
>>
>>10582015
Cgl is not your therapist, kiddo. You should probably talk to a close friend or someone like a shrink to work through your worries, not a taiwanese basket weaving forum board you should be old enough to know won't help you very much with your personal problems. This isn't about lolita, it's about your feelings and anxieties.
>>
>>10582018
the people you like aren't supportive if they don't want you to be happy, anon.
>>
>>10582019
That’s fair, but that feeling of damned if I do, damned if I don’t still remains which is why I even asked in the first place.

If I just didn’t care what anyone thought and tried to enter Lolita spaces, I’d have people like >>10582003 feeling that way about me, which I’d hate. If I do care, and ask people for advice first, I get called weird and told to get a therapist.

That kinda stinks desu but I totally get what y’all are saying and you’re not wrong
>>
>>10582024
People like ayrt will call you a man even if you pass. They won't think better of you because you care what they think and try to appease them. Just listen to what people itt are saying and move on. You've basically gotten all the answers you need.
>>
>>10582010
Do you hear yourself? It's just clothes but you're making such a big deal out of it. It sounds fetishy and predatory, like you're putting lolitas on a pedestal. People like you are not welcome, creep.
>>
Is there a trans lolita fashion comm yet?
>>
Thoughts on giving customers b-stock freebies with their online purchase?

I make stickers and sometimes the printer misses a dot or the paper had a speck. Not sure if it's in poor taste to give these away.
>>
>>10582073
Depends what they’re buying from you? If they’re spending hundreds then probs b-stock freebies are more shady than no freebies at all, but if someones just buying a few stickers and you throw in a b-stock one as an extra, I think that’s a cute idea
>>
>>10582073
Maybe add a checkbox or give people the option to include freebies so that no one who doesn't want them won't receive them? I love freebies and b-grades at that. I once signed up just to receive some free c-grades in the mail without purchase because the artist was getting rid of them. People do like free stuff.
>>
>>10581920
>>10581918
As a non-lolita I can only speak from my observations, but since instagram is the most-picture focused social media, it appears to be frequented the most by lolitas. Twitter gets some mileage too. The normie vs. lolita drama on there can get pretty juicy lol. I believe facebook is ranked third for usage, mostly for comms I think, and I've never heard anything about reddit or amino lolita spaces. desu amino seems like a childrens' app so I don't know how active the following is on there.
>>
>>10582041
This. Especially the putting girls on a pedestal part. It's fucking clothes, it's not that deep. There's no difference between a girl wearing lolita or wearing designer jeans or wearing a hoodie and sweatpants from walmart.

>>10582010
Buy a dress. Put it on. Twirl around your fucking bedroom if you're too shy to wear it out in public. You might feel cute, you might feel like a disgusting fraud, you might feel like a lumbering hamplanet. Either way congrats, you are now a lolita.
>>
How do you gather the determination to follow through on a project? I've always wanted to do creative work, whether its programming or cosplay or whatever, but it doesn't take long after I start something before the depression kicks in and I lose motivation to continue. Gunpla is just about the only thing I have energy for anymore.
>>
>>10582080
For sure, so far I only sell $3.80 stickers and people usually only buy 5 at the most. I've given 3 free stickies so far and wrote "Enjoy a freebie :)" on the back to specify which is the free one, in case they do notice the tiny printing error.
>>
>>10582144
I like this idea op!
>>
>>10582024
Don’t take cgls opinion seriously, anon. Just enjoy your fashion and don’t be a jerk and you’ll find friends in the community
>>
>>10582124
The true lolita experience is feeling all three at once.
>>
Where can i get nice shoes for larger feet for classic lolita from(other than american duchess)?
>>
>>10582578
how larger?
>>
>>10582582
Size 8-8.5
>>
Does anyone know where I can learn to make hats or badges?
I want to make something I can wear every day.
>>
Does the 2nd cc update happen an hr after the first?

Debating if i should switch to waiting for the 2nd one
>>
Has anyone ever purchased from Kitty Wood Designs? I purchased an item and have not received any communication from the seller. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback from them. They also go by katticake on instagram and no response there either. Thanks in advance.
>>
Do solids work in sweet lolita?
>>
File: 91KOUFFoGlL._SY445_.jpg (33 KB, 313x445)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10583150
Like this.
>>
>>10583150
Yea. Theres solids that some in all colors. Pink, lavender, sax, white, navy, tartan, gingham, sometimes even black can work in sweet if its made in the right cut. Literally go to lolibrary and look at some angelic pretty jsks.
>>
>>10583161
Ah ok I just wasn’t sure whether it would be considered sweet or classic if they didn’t have a print
>>
>>10583590
Whether something is sweet/gothic/classic etc depends on more than just the print or pattern. Also things like lace, cut, bow details, skirt shape etc can influence if something fits into a certain category. Also styling.
>>
>>10581982
lurk more
>>
Are there any good quality (maybe leather?) shoes for mature sweet? Like for picrel. I’m not into ott sweet but I’ve got some jsk like this that I’m down to style almost classically.

I can’t stand fake leather peeling at all, otherwise I’d probably just go for ccf
>>
>>10583630
>this
>mature sweet
wew lad I'd like to know your definition of normal sweet if this is "mature". that aside, what about pic rel? iirc reviews said that these are pretty durable.
>>
File: Sweet solids.jpg (2.44 MB, 1920x1920)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>10583590
I kinda rushed this but heres some sweet solids as an example
>>
File: Classic solids.jpg (2.14 MB, 1920x1920)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>10583590
And heres some classic examples
>>
>>10581995
>>10581998
>>10582003
>>10582007
>>10583628
>newfags taking obvious bait
this board needs to get nuked already
>>
>>10583819
Nayrt but sauce on these shoes?
>>
>>10583819
I guess i was thinking of something picrel, ott sweet with a babydoll waist/big petti, as normal sweet since thats kinda what I see on COF when I stop by

picrel look kind of cheap? Its the shape of the toebox for me.

Honestly I’m a shoe whore, I want to spend $300 on really nice shoes made in italy or something. Do you think maybe I’ll have to go custom?
>>
>>10583827
They're from Leur Getter.

>>10583829
The jsk you posted is a typical sweet jsk, and just because you aren't styling it in an ott way doesn't make it "mature".
And yes, if you want nice leather shoes, you'll probably have to get them custom-made since shoes that are normally worn for sweet (e.g. the ones made by AP or CCF) are usually made from pleather or coated fabric.
>>
Who is your favorite photographer in this space? Or what do you look for in a cosplay photographer?
>>
>>10583833
Ah ok, thanks I’m coming from classic and trying to do mature sweet which I’ve heard about (and i thought its basically a -line sweet i guess??) but I can’t tell the difference yet.

I’ll save and find someone who can make me an adorable shoe. Or just get nice mary janes and add shoe clips
>>
Is anyone here sewing kinky attire? I have converted tights to stockings, cutting the feet, putting lace at the thighs, etc. They are easy to make, and there are many more patterns and much greater variety starting with tights than buying ready-made stockings. Anyone has other ideas?
>>
>>10583875
why is this kinky though_
>>
>>10583888
Yeah, I'm not here to educate you. Stick to the question.
>>
>>10583888
That is definitely a scrote fetishist and whose “stockings” look like terrible fraying shit. Do not interact
>>
>>10583940
is scrote fetishist a rad fem term for heterosexual women?
>>
>>10583940
Boohoohoo, someone enjoys their sexuality. Do not interact.
>>
I'm translating a Japanese game that has a cosplayer girl who throws around a lot of Japanese cosplay slang. Does the English community have a term for store-bought "off the rack" costumes?
>>
>>10584099
No, we usually just say "store-bought" or Aliexpress/Taobao/Amazon cosplay
>>
asking here because i dont know where else i would ask. is jute fabric too rough to have in close contact with my face? i need something extremely breatheable but i also dont want a sore face.
>>
I got a new pair of shoes labeled as L from japanese brand, I measured inside cuz they small af and the measurements fit their M sizing
Could they be mislabeled? Should I buy another pair? I love them and don't want to miss out
>>
Couldn't find a hair thread so I will ask here.

I was at a Japanese grocery store yesterday and saw a hair product that looked like a stick you rub on your bangs to keep them in place.
I wrote the name down to look into it but I lost the paper.
Has any one ever seen anything like this? Does it work? I just want my hangs to stay nicely in place, but they always part in the middle.
>>
i need your help fellow gulls.
which burando was the most sturdiest in your opinion? the one that you pretty much treated like shit, worn on a daily, machine washed, and it still survived?
I'm looking to buy a few used burando dresses to wear while doing chores, since I really can't stand most of the taobao cuts and designs. And I don't like any of the current bodyline stuff that's in stock.
>>
>>10584433
I'm willing to buy a brand new piece if that burando's new stuff is known to be constructed very well
>>
>>10584268
What brand anon? It seems unlikely it's mislabeled. I've had some brand shoes just run small.
>>
>>10584433
Older Meta, especially those lucky pack skirts with a stretchy waist band. Only problem is older Meta also comes with lots of detachable pieces, which makes laundry a bit more of a hassle.
>>
>>10584433
>>10584442
Seconding Meta. Their stuff is always indestructible and looks gorgeous irl.
>>
>>10584433
Really old MMM, if you have the money for it. Pre-2010 BTSSB is also pretty good, I have some non printed pieces that have stood the test of time pretty well
>>
>>10584433
Seconding pre-2010 BTSSB. I also own some really old (2005 and earlier) AP solids that have held up pretty well and I used to be a daily lolita.
>>
>>10584433
Physical Drop, Kato says she specifically likes to design clothes that work as daily wear
>>
>>10584369
Search Japanese hair wax stick theres a lot of options like pic related. I've used them on and off and they are ok but it doesn't help the middle part problem. You can get them permed ideally
>>
>>10584587
I have this. It kept my middle part and bangs from moving, but it ended up looking very sticky and heavy in the areas where I applied it. It’s good for emergency touch ups though.
>>
>>10584587
My hair is already wavy so I have never had a perm. Can I get just my bangs permed to stay in that shape? That seems wild but I gotta look into it!
>>
>>10584592
That's how perms kinda work. Whatever shape you set it in (curls, waves, styled bangs) it basically stays. With bangs you'll be trimming them frequently though so you may have to get it touched up a little more.
>>
I’m into pre 2011 baby and ap, but I have heard stuff about print bleeding if you wash some of the op/jsk?

How do you tell what might have ink issues? If it’s cotton is it fine? I haven’t had issues with mine yet
>>
>>10584961
You can ask about specific prints in the laundry general here
>>10524476

But in general the reds tend to be the problem on come cotton prints. Just make sure you do a spot check to be safe before you wash items.
>>
The skirt of picrel popped on lacemarket but it's already gone and I really love the concept. Does anyone know of other releases (doesn't have to be brand) that use the same blue and white porcelain aesthetic?
>>
I'm looking to do a project with LEDs and was wondering if anyone had any female character recommendations for a cosplay with lots of LEDs?
Preferably something that doesn't involve a lot of armor or difficult sewing so I can focus on the leds. Thanks!
>>
>>10585873
There's a bunch of Miku designs with LEDs that don't feature armour.
>>
>>10585873
Well, you can find creative ways to add LEDs to a costume if you want. You don't have to find a character that already has them if you so desire. I saw a female Thor Ragnorak costume that used LEDs to simulate lightning despite the original costume not having it for example. Alternatively you could put them in a prop to create a really cool power-up effect. That being said, if you really want them in the costume itself there's the Love Live girls' Cyber outfits.
>>
Does anyone else have this skirt? Wtf is going on with it?

I have a 61cm waist which should fit into here, but it’s really tight and I’ve loosened the corset lacing as much as it can go.

The lolibrary says up to 70cm waist, which does not make sense because I could barely zip this up.

Do you think i got a fake or something
>>
>>10586053
You might just have got a skirt that has been altered smaller without the seller informing you of it. Happened to me with an AATP skirt once.
That aside I have an IW skirt with a similar cut whose measurements on lolibrary are 58cm~73cm and with a 66cm waist I find it pretty uncomfortable.
>>
>>10585678
Moitie has done a few but this colourway always makes me thing of blue cheese
>>
>>10586065
Ahh that makes sense.
It still had tags on so it might just be weirdness of IW. But this is good to know because I do like older IW.
I fiddled with it more and it’s more comfortable. Guess it’s a kick in the butt to work out more and have less flab

The quality is just like my other IW and this print wasn’t popular so I don’t think its a replica which is good at least
>>
>>10586053
I've heard IW skirts run small.
>>
File: file.png (488 KB, 794x794)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
where the FUCK do i find a good quality bunnysuit? Everything I find is cheap shit I want something actually nice.
>>
>>10586138
i hope pic related isn't your version of "actually nice"
>>
>>10586138
I heard that Playboy is trying to market itself as a fun thing for women now and is selling those suits
>>
File: file.png (250 KB, 437x713)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>10586141
no its some chinese shit i found on google images
I wanna cosplay picrel
>>
>>10586138
Commissioning it from someone is your best option for control over which materials are used and how well it fits to your body. I'd recommend getting your measurements taken rather than doing it yourself for something form fitting like this.
>>
The J fashion stupid questions thread saged so I'll try here

Is Febreze safe to use on prints that are known to have reds that bleed?
>>
>>10586162
It is a liquid so probably not.
>>
>>10586165
I was thinking it could be an issue because of that. I'll avoid using it unless if anyone has experience to the contrary.
>>
>>10586066
Thanks! Damn, I was hoping this kind of colourway would be out there in easier to find brands.
>blue cheese
Ahaha maybe that's a good thing I didn't end up with it then, I can't stop thinking about it now
>>
>>10586162
Why are you febrezeing your clothes???
>>
>>10586202
Are you okay anon? Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>10586240
I only spray Chanel perfume on my clothes
>>
Does anyone know where I can find a similar looking skirt to this? The store its from is only releasing it in fattie sizes
>>
>>10586303
What size is fattie sizes?
>>
>>10586378
Anything above oldschool 64 cm waist.
>>
>>10586380
So any quarter or more shirred item including old AP?
>>
>>10586378
Waist is only 90-110 cm
>>
>>10586303
very good taste
>>
with buyee's free shipping promotion, does anyone know if you will get the coupon as long as you make the purchase before the end of the promotion period? or do you have to wait for the order to be confirmed?
>>
I have heard recent moitie quality sucks. Is this really true and is there another brand to fill the hole of gothic print dresses? I want to get into gothic

I think atelier pierrot doesn’t do prints but I’m unsure about sheglit
>>
>>10586303
link to this store? i'm a fatty
>>
>>10586633
https://www.lilith-et-adalia.com/
It doesn’t drop til april I think
>>
>>10586630
there's always old moitie
>>
Okey but can somebody explain to me why people on LM auctions bid on the item that’s still like 6 days to go? It’s just raising the price unnecessarily high
>>
>>10587555
Probably because if you bid anything, then it notifies you when someone bids higher. and the watchlist organization is a mess if you have more than like 8 items favorited. It also doesn’t tell you when an auction is ending.
Its not too high, thats the price it will sell at. If you can’t pay then unfortunately you can’t pay i guess
>>
>>10587555
Maybe to “bookmark” the auction so it shows up on your bidding list. It’s easier to keep track of when he auction ends that way because the watchlist is kind of useless
>>
>>10587555
What they said >>10587558 >>10587559 and also it discourages the seller from canceling the auction/taking a DM offer before the auction ends
>>
>>10587555
I do this, for all of the reasons in the above replies.
>>
>>10587563
I gave a test bid because i wanted to try but it doesn’t give me updates so I don’t get it. It says the auction runs for 6 more days so i guess it’s gonna end then right? I honestly bought everything so far for BIN so excuse me being dumb
>>
>>10587563
This is my main reason. I have had items where I didn't place a bid to "hold" it and wanted to wait till the end and so did everyone else I guess cause the auction got deleted because the seller sold it elsewhere or changed their mind after seeing no one was interested.
>>
What does CoF stand for?
>>
File: cof.jpg (76 KB, 710x607)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>10588061
>>
>>10587609
That sucks. As a seller I wait until the end of the auction to accept/decline offers to give everyone a chance.
>>
>>10588061
Cradle of Filth
>>
>>10587555
people have sub 80 IQs, or enough money they want to pay a certain amount in order to pressure others into not bidding on the item at all. personally i just snipe whatever i want in the last 15 seconds and if i dont get it then oh well, someone else wanted it more than i did.
>>
How long does AP "sourcing from JP warehouse" status take?
>>
File: 1617469301350.jpg (79 KB, 250x333)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Who could I order from if I wanted to commission a version of the AP Dreamland OP but in pink x brown (a color they never made) instead of mint x brown (picrel, actual colorway)
>>
>>10586382
Shirred AP has always been on a bigger side. I was thinking more old Mary Magdalene where 68 cm is the absolute maximum with corset lacing relaxed.
>>
File: thinkingfrill1.jpg (129 KB, 436x516)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
here, have this
>>
File: thinkingfrill2.jpg (119 KB, 481x569)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>10588463
and have this too
>>
I have a baby off the shoulder jsk similar to this.Can i wear it without a blouse and have bare shoulders,or is that ita
>>
>>10581698
Whats this pleating called? I want to find a sewing pattern similar to it.
>>
>>10588714
All of the model photos that I see use a blouse, but you could also do a little shawl/cape thing or one of those neck corsety type necklaces. I think the top straps on this one are too plain to leave bare. Accessorize those shoulders.
>>
>>10589484
cape example
>>
>>10589461
Just search tennis skirt pleating
>>
>>10589489
collar example
>>
File: 150784922.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>10589492
neck corset example
>>
how do you message a seller on mecardi? (through buyee)
>>
>>10589491
Thanks.
>>
If i had something shipped via buyee seamail on feb 12, now it’s april. anyone have an idea if it might arrive soon to the usa? Has anyone bought anything around the same time frame?

I need to move suddenly within a few weeks and trying to see if I need to make arrangements for my package
>>
>>10589543
it's going to take 6 months or so.
>>
>>10589621
Fucking hell really? Buyee said 1-3 months but I guess it’s different now because of covid.

Do you know if they’ll email me when it arrives? Debating if i want to fly back to this state after i’ve moved or not just to pick up this package.
>>
Where is the best place to look at more current Jfashion makeup tutorials?
I used to read magazines but... You know.
Any youtubers or something from Japan you would recommend?
No subtitles is okay.
>>
Any good jfashion/lolita stores in Sydney Australia? I've lived here for a year now but still haven't been able to find anything decent. I figured there must be something out here since there's a lot of daiso's and bubble tea shops and what not
>>
What are the chances ap usa will put up leftover stock from the freshly picked strawberries mto
>>
When a dress says waist 75 cm and my waist ist 75 cm will it fit me? Or should I basically calculate 1-2 cm more than my waist?
>>
>>10590595
You could always use shapewear?
>>
>>10590595
The garment should be 4cm bigger than you to ensure a comfortable fit. 75cm skirt on a 75cm waist is going to be uncomfortably snug but as the other anon said, shapewear could help.
>>
>>10590608
I think 4 cm bigger is unnecessary unless we're talking about a very stiff fabric. It depends on the kind of fit you prefer as well, but 2-3 cm should be fine as well.
>>
Can (Baby) headbows be stretched out to be a little less tight on your head?
>>
File: logologin.png (8 KB, 350x125)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Anyone have recommendations for personal shoppers in Japan?

I normally use Tenshi, but I've missed so many auctions with her for hard to find items for the last couple weeks because she has been hammered and I can't take it anymore.

Buyee and tenso need not apply.
>>
>>10590675
I don’t know about that, but you can remove the bow and attach it to an alligator clip if that works for you
>>
Is it viable to use silver sharpie for weathering prop guns?
>>
I want to start buying character goods / merch (official and unofficial). Any advice or tips? It seems like everything is always out of stock on websites like AmiAmi. Where do I go to get past-released goods?
>>
>>10591137
This would be a better question for the buyfag thread on /a/. Yahoo Auctions Japan and Myfigurecollection may be good places to start though.
>>
>>10591137
Check the itabag thread, they have guides on how and where to buy.
>>
>>10589625
Different anon but it was 1-3 months before corona and the delays. If your package is tracked, it'll show the status when it arrives at your country's port of entry and when it's delivered.
>>
>>10591144
>>10591150
Thank you! That helps a lot :)
>>
Okey this is really dumb. Can I take back an offer I left on LM? I bid on a dress really early and now I regret it. Help
>>
Where is the best place to sell vintage kimonos? I got off my lazy ass and took pictures and I'm ready to start listing.

Right now I'm just thinking mercari.
>>
>>10591192
If it’s an auction I am pretty sure you can just hope someone outbids you, if it was BIN you probably got a big fat negative feedback coming your way.
>>
>>10591192
Take responsibility and send an apology message to the seller, maybe they'll forgive you if you aren't being too whiny and blaming it on a bunch of excuses. Say your situation has changed and you need to withdraw your bid. Don't go into detail about how your uncle's cousin's dog needs money for depression surgery.
>>
>>10591513
mercari or ebay.
>>
>>10590793
bls rebsond
>>
Does anybody have a starting point for making your own patches? I have a simple design in mind but I don't know where to start.
>>10591696
>>
>>10592086
Embroidery machines are expensive so maybe look into places that do custom stuff? If you just want one or two colors it's likely not too pricey but they may all have high order minimums.
>>
>>10592123
Lol, and here I was thinking about attempting to sew my own patch or something somehow. This makes things a lot simpler, thanks.
>>
>>10592140
You could embroider it by hand or use stitches and an embroidery hoop on certain sewing machines that allow freehand quilting/embroidery, but your best option for good quality is to just have them made. For a one off that is really complex, I highly recommend doing it by hand. It's quite relaxing, like crochet or knitting.
>>
>>10592140
Different anon, but you can sew them yourself. There is going to be a noticeable quality difference due to human error though. It's also going to take a lot of time to do the satin stitch. You can do it on a regular sewing machine with a free motion foot, stabilizer, wonder under, practice, and patience.
>>
Is a "just waist" the same as a dropped waist or a normal waist?

Also would that look better on someone who is bustier? I know I'm fat but its mostly in my tits, so longer bodices flatter me.
>>
>>10592086
a third anon here, you could outsource to aliexpress, they have consistent quality and are reliable a lot of the time. MOQ is low as well
>>
How long has shipping been taking from Japan to America and China to America?
>>
>>10592865
just=normal. dropped=below normal. yes, but I've found that high-waist is actually not unflattering either as long as you are actually slender w/big titties and not a ham with ham titties that squeeze out from under the bustline.
>>
>>10593023
Not slender but not full hamplanet. I'm around a 100cm bust, 80cm waist, so usually dresses with longer straps look nicer. Thank you anon!
>>
>>10593032
>dresses with longer straps look nicer
absolutely agree. if it doesn't have adjustable straps, it's usually not comfortable.
>>
>>10593016
Depends on your shipping service. China always takes a fucking eternity but I've been regularly getting DHL shipments from Japan in 2-3 days
>>
>>10590760
Don't do this alligator clips will destroy your hair
>>
is it worthwhile to go to a con for the first time in your late 20s/early 30s? is it worthwhile to go to a con alone?
>>
>>10593089
That really depends on your hair and how you put them in and remove them.

Nayrt but I use alligator clips that have the spiky side on the top but then a smooth bottom piece so it can slide smoothly into my hair but still have some grip.
>>
>>10593863
try to find other people your age to go there with since cons often have very young people in them en masse. It can make you feel insecure or awkward without others from your age group
>>
>>10593863
Absolutely. Personally I like going with friends and having group activities as well as solo activities (like navigating dealers hall and AA because i like to really take a look at all of the stalls), but I've heard some people appreciate the solo con experience as well.

The other anon is right. Teens and children make up a loud majority of the con, but most con goers are between 18+. It'll become more apparently when the con closes and all of the kids and families have to go home. Being around people your age can really make it more enjoyable.
>>
File: 51VJVccWd3L._AC_UL1000_.jpg (44 KB, 794x1000)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Does anyone know how I should go about cutting a the cuff open of this cosplay from uwowo? pic rel I own it but my arms are too fattie for the cuffs which apparently alot of people in the reviews had issue with. My measurements are small enough to fit into the actual dress but the cuffs cut into my fat ass arms and I can't move at all but I don't know much about sewing.
>>
>>10594953
Is it just elastic? That's what it looks like. Try googling how to make an elastic sleeve to get an idea how it works. You should be able to seem rip it open where it is closed and replace it with a larger elastic. It would be pretty simple assuming that's what the problem is.
>>
>>10594980
The black cuffs on the sleeve aren't made out elastic. They're made out of the rest of black parts of the dress which the site says polyester. Would there also be anyway to put the frills in the gap that it would create with an elastic part put in or no?
>>
>>10594985
if it's not elasticized you probably can't take the sleeves out that much.
>>
File: making a half-belt.jpg (49 KB, 1152x648)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Trying to add a half-belt to the back of a coat I'm making, but I can't find any good guides for it. I think I may have figured it out from studying one pic, but I'm not sure if I got it right.
Tried /fa/, but I think only a few of them know how to sew.

Does pic related seem about right?
>>
>>10594953
>>10594985

Alternatively just cut off all the sleeves, leaving the black frilly shoulder parts and make it like a jsk.

Then wear your own white blouse under it
>>
>>10581698
answers you didnt want
>>
for
>>
>>10594953
Honestly the answer depends on how the sleeve was made. If the black cuff was sewn on top of the white sleeve, then it's possible to let seam rip the black cuff and gathering stitches to make it bigger. If the black cuff and frill are attached to the white sleeve like lego bricks, then you might have more trouble. You probably still could seam rip the black sleeve off and gathers, make a new cuff that fits your size, and then set it into the armhole seam, but that would require some sewing. It's not extremely hard, I just did it for my recent sewing project, but it is a process that requires sewing knowledge.
>>
is rebeccablacktech kill?
>>
>>10595156
>Server migration is mostly complete. RebeccaBlackTech merged into Desuarchive. Link for more details. Some images haven't moved yet. Search is unavailable for some time.
Yes/no depending on how you look at it?
>>
>>10581788
didn't know anyone from the outside world even knew about amino. My sister got fired from there because they wanted to outsource all there operations to china. Surprised that haven't financially imploded already desu.
>>
>>10593916
>>10593926
is a lot of the con experience drug/alcohol related? for personal reasons I've been pretty repressed, which is part of why I've never been to a con and don't really have a large friend group who would be interested. I don't have a lot of experience with 'afterhours' type activities and going to something like that alone without experience seems potentially dangerous
are cons good ways to make friends to go to cons with? that sounds kind of silly but I don't know if people generally prefer sticking to their own groups or not. obviously that would vary from person to person I guess but is there some part of most cons that would be more or less likely to have people looking to make friends?
>>
>>10595260
Depends honestly
I used to spend pretty much for than 50% of my time at a con just playing with all the imported arcade machines there was. The year I went by myself as a 15 year old I made friends with a 22 year old from playing a machine and we’ve been friends since. I was even invited into their friend group I don’t really like people so whatever
>>
>>10595260
>is a lot of the con experience drug/alcohol related?
If you want it to be. Some cons will have beer gardens or 21+ lounges. Otherwise most of the partaking happens at restaurants or hotel parties afterhours.

>don't really have a large friend group
Just having two or three people go with you is enough desu. More is great, but it's not a requirement or anything. It's like going to a theme park. Sometimes a smaller amount of people can be more preferable because it's easier to manage everyone's interests and sometimes it's nice to have a big group to hang with. Both are valid. And so is going alone.

>and going to something like that alone without experience seems potentially dangerous
No one is going to hold a gun against your head to make you take them or make fun of you if you chose not to. Yes, you should absolutely have a buddy if you're going to partake in anything just for safety reasons.

>are cons good ways to make friends to go to cons with?
I've heard that they are. I'm good at making polite conversation, but bad at transforming those meetings into friendships because I get shy, but even the little interactions that I have with people in lines, as I take their picture, or throughout the halls, it feels good in me heart. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Cons are a pretty sociable place. Most people are much more willing to converse with strangers than they would in a normal setting. If you're a cosplayer, vendor, or photographer, it's common to share your social media handle. It wouldn't be weird to swap handles with someone you hit it off with platonically at a con either.

I promise you you're overthinking it. Just be flexible and put yourself out there. If someone isn't receptive, it's no skin off your back -- just keep rolling.
>>
>>10595332
>>10595364
okay, thanks for taking the time to reply to my anxieties. I'll try to have fun : >
>>
how do people feel about using merch as parts of cosplays? like, sometimes companies will release items that are kind of like what characters wear, though usually they aren't exactly the same or the highest quality. so obviously it's not as good as selfmade, but is it in the same realm as premade cosplay pieces, or better or worse than that?
>>
>>10595623
That would be considered a closet or casual cosplay. It's a popular thing to do online or at cons, but you should be aware that it is a different variety of cosplay. Similarly to how you wouldn't compare a premade costume to a handcrafted one, but both are acceptable forms of cosplay, you are free and encouraged to do what you want but don't try entering any contests or something. Casual cosplay make for good scenic candid photoshoots with friends out on the town
>>
File: 1618435950403.jpg (34 KB, 468x463)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I haven't seen one in a while, but what kind of skincare regime do you guys do? Specifically those of you who are in your late 20's to early 30's.

I've been using Cetafil Foaming Face Wash, a witchhazel astringent and Purpose Facial Lotion (with SPH 15) for as long as I can remember. Now that I'm in my early 30's and wearing make up more for work, I was thinking about stepping up my skincare game.
>>
Can I combine Tenso and Buyee orders? I have something waiting at Tenso and I want to bid on something with Buyee. They are the same company, right?
>>
>>10596424
Im 27 with kinda sensitive, oily skin. My routine is:

AM:
Cleanser: Innisfree Blueberry 5.5pH Cream Cleanser or if lazy/in a rush, shitty Garnier miscellar water with the pink lid (although I wanna try the Son & Park Beauty Water soon)
Essence (in the winter): CosRX Snail 96 Essence
Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Gel
Sunblock: Currently finishing a bottle of La Roche-Posay Anthelios Oil Free SPF 60, fucking waste of $30. Forever sticking with my Japanese sunblock.
Eye cream: Clinique All About Eyes Cream

PM: I do the double cleansing method because Oil skin is disgusting and also helps with makeup

Oil cleanser: Banila Co Clean it Zero Purity
Cleanser: Switch between CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser and Dermalogica Microfoliant depending on what my skin looks like
Toner (when I feel like it): Secret Key Milk Balancing Toner
Essence: CosRX Snail 96 Essence
Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Gel
Spot Treatment: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Acne Treatment

Still looking for a decent night cream and better eye cream. My skin personally hates most BHAs and AHAs (thus using physical exfoliation), so I'm looking into PHAs and maybe introducing some Viramin C. My skin also hates too many products at once, so I have to keep it simple, but efficient.
>>
>>10596468
what was wrong with the sunblock anon? just curious, im starting to finally take care of my skin, but i cant tell whether a product is good or not , only if it stings.
>>
File: 1590880913032.jpg (293 KB, 988x1202)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
I am a 2D artist, so I thought I'd ask here where people fiddle with their own fabric/pieces to modify/create things:

How do I learn clothing?
Not as in "how to draw fabric", but how to truly understand the "logic" behind clothes construction. What categories exist, what kinds of (for instance) shirts there are, what is each part called so I can consciously create variations, what combinations of clothing exist, etc.

Simple example: a shirt has the torso, the neck, the bottom opening and sleeves. One obvious variation would be changing sleeve length, but I'm sure there are many other types, like those funny bulbs in princess clothes.
Combination example: if you have overalls, you probably need a shirt underneath.

Pic related is a cool thing about helmets, maybe something like this would already help me. Hopefully I don't sound that retarded.

t. dirty poor man who has never worn anything other than hand-me-down plain shirts, shorts and pants and whose contact with fashion is mostly nil.
>>
>>10598715
If you don't plan on making clothes yourself, the best way to commit the process and shapes to memory is to start watching clothing construction videos. I don't just watch videos on what I plan to make, but concepts that interest me. Even just listening to it in the background often, you're going to start to identify the pattern of steps, terminology, and troubleshooting solutions. The historical costuming community is always finding ways to create costumes using their favorite characters or concepts as inspiration. Cosplayers, Larpers, Ren Faire Aficionados, and the historical costuming communities tend to produce interesting videos that are fun to watch while learning.
>>
>>10598765
Thanks for the reply, anon.
Do you have a couple example videos of what you'd consider informative so I get an idea?

So far my study "method" has been to grab those "steal this look" collages and draw the model "blindly" first, then redraw it by looking at the individual pieces listed and analyzing what went wrong/right.
>>
>>10598780
Well, you mentioned in your original post that you wanted to understand the logic behind clothing construction, so what came to mind is tutorials / sew-alongs about how to create a piece of clothing. (As I mentioned in my Watching a sewist take flat fabric and manipulate it using thread to create 3 shapes while considering fabric weight will help you understand how those concepts work as well. If that makes sense? I've even seen fashion students make 1/4 scale pattern mockups with fabric or paper just to get an understanding of how the flat shapes come together.

As for some example videos, some projects I've watched are: Bernadette Banner's Masque of the Red Death gown, Sewstine's Historical inspired frozen dress and strawberry dress, Rachel Maksy's But Make it Vintage series, Grace Willow's larp costume series, KamuiCosplay and Kinpatsu cosplay's sewing builds, etc. Tbh just find a concept that interests you!
>>
Crafting thread was archived, not sure where else to post this.

I have been agonizing for months on what the plastic spools are called that commercial fabric stores or bulk fabric stores put their lace trim on. I've found something similar in a paper form, but I want something more durable. Does anyone know some key words if they can even be bought?

Similar to this picture. Found this using "flat spool organizer," closest i've found but its paper.
>>
>>10598839
I watched only 2 of the videos you mentioned for now and my eyes are already open. I am illuminated. Thank you, anon, I shall deepen my knowledge further.
And I'll be reading some Poe too, it's about time.
>>
File: hlgdhmopv.jpg (816 KB, 1296x1296)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>>10598866
Spool cards or spool bobbin cards.
>>
>>10598866
try ribbon bobbins. here are some made from acrylic and wood, but they're expensive compare to others.
>https://www.etsy.com/listing/769423416/large-bobbins-for-ribbons-and-yarn-set?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=bobbin+ribbon&ref=sc_gallery-1-2&from_market_listing_grid_ad=1&plkey=3aedd1681f6ebace2ddf1582ca75c797346143aa%3A769423416
>>
>>10582064
Not only trans but there is a discord for enbies, trans, non-gender conforming people etc etc etc. Just look it up on rufflechat.
>>
>>10600358
Haha, I'm happy to hear that anon. Best of luck!
>>
are there any first con musts? things that are essential parts of the experience and also things that will help me not die. I want to go to my first con in the next year and a half but honestly don't have a clue about cons
>>
>>10600647
Things you should experience at your first con:
>check out artist alley and dealer's hall
>check out the manga lounge or any specialty lounges / art exhibits
>eat the local food (con goers will typically discuss this in forums or other commentary spaces prior to the con. Sometimes this can be a food truck, local restaurant, or frequent vendor of the con. Typically the food served at the con is overpriced and horrible -- this will never be the answer).
>cons typically have a popular photo or meeting location (ie the Katsucon gazebo, AX the main hall or outside entrance, etc). It's fun to walk the space or take a picture. You'll likely see the most popular cosplays (as in most beloved, not necessarily the FOTM but those can definitely overlap)
>popular panel (personally i dont care much for panels, but a lot of people do enjoy them so try them out)
>any events that are hosted by the con at the time
>nightlife (restaurants, hotel parties, 18+ con events, etc)
>bring cash and card. Sometimes you get upcharged for card, sometimes the machines break down. Atms will lay down heavy fees. It's better to have 50/50 at least. It might help you spend less too.

If you want to know more tips, etiquette, and rules, there's billions of videos on youtube about the subject.
>>
File: Chie_Satonaka_render.png (324 KB, 559x1141)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
Anyone know where I can get a decent quality jacket like Chie's from Persona 4? Only just getting into this and dunno where to get this sorta stuff at a decent level of quality.
>>
do all old dresses from baby have the same sizing? I found one that I really like (from 2002) but there are no measurements on lolibrary and the seller also didn't specify them either (can't ask them cause its via mecardi)
>>
>>10600802
>mecardi
kek
>>
>>10600815
lmao sorry I meant mercari
>>
File: 932_1.jpg (386 KB, 1000x1643)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>10600758
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/jackets/chie-satonaka.html
>>
>>10600802
They are most likely similar to dresses from the same era. Dresses have gotten bigger so make sure to look at dresses from around that time. No guarantees, though. I would say if you fit into other dresses from the era get it and see. You might have to sell it but I would bet it fits.
>>
>>10600374
>>10600377

these yielded something that was smaller than what I was looking for (like the huge ones you can put 2-3 different laces on), but I'll keep digging.

Thank you both!
>>
What, in all that is good and holy, is the sticker test?
>>
>>10600900
Does the coord still look shit if we put a sticker on the wearers face
>>
>>10597251
It's balls up anytime you touch it.

I applied the sunblock dry and you couldn't spread it without streaks and balling up. I applied it when Moisturizer was still damp, balled up. Even immediately after slapping on Moisturizer, balled up.

I had the oil free formula, so maybe it's just that particular product
>>
People who own/have owned an Angelic Pretty petticoat- how good are they?
>>
I’m looking for queen size japanese bedding, what is the term for queen size? Romapri doesnt seen to have queen size stuff ;_;

I don’t think its 女王 because that gives me a bunch of disney frozen bedding
>>
>>10600972
you'll want to get from aliexpress for cute bedding. they don't have much if any cute queen sized bedding because most people who don't want plain bedding are single and have small beds.
>>
Is the baby international site tax free?
>>
>>10600995
Yes if you ship outside of Japan.
>>
>>10600996
Thanks!
>>
>>10600972
You may try クイーン. It's 160 x 200 cm for bed sheets and 210 x 210 cm for blanket covers in Japan. Dunno if they matche the standard sizes in your country.
>>
>>10600990
Dang that makes sense! I’m single, but i wanted to be extra and have frilly bedding.
Actually i think i will just get a double mattress then (i’m moving and don’t have a mattress yet, but wanted to order bedding ahead). I want something from romapri so bad, it’s so adorable.

>>10601003
Thanks! It should match up, maybe only a few inches off for usa mattresses
>>
Is it a replica if its handmade by you? Also is black X blue gothic lace art theft if you buy it online
>>
>>10591882
Might be better to ask in the larp thread
>>
>>10590793
rub n buff is a better option but try it on a scrap piece and find out.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good Korean proxy?
>>
Board tourist here, Where do you guys recommend for a good source for leather? I'd like to make a belt and some other things.
>>
Anyone knows where I can get small lolita dresses? I'm 5'2, 90 pounds, 60cm waist, 90 hip, and 80 bust. Most dresses are a bit loose on me.
>>
>>10601056
1. yes, but no one's gonna care if you sew a non-print replica for yourself and dont sell it or try to pass it off as legit
2. no
>>
>>10601541
You’ll need to go the taobao route

Or get stuff altered. Thats not the size of an average japanese girl unfortunately.

Also that’s rather underweight, please be careful with yourself
>>
>>10601541
this feels like a body check
>>
>>10601541
Buy skirts. We have similar measurements. But really most things fit, especially older stuff. You're going to have to be careful with length though with modern releases.
>>
>>10601541
If you gain 10 lbs almost everything will fit you perfectly
>>
>>10601541
melody basket has kids' sizes
>>
>>10601568
>>10601570
Thank you for your concern, but I'm rather healthy. I don't look skinny/anachan, I look normal, but I'm petite.
>>10601571
I was thinking about buying older stuff since it seems smaller, thank you, nonny!
>>10601580
I mean, I can try.
>>
>>10601597
Ohh, thank you. Kid clothes salving my life again.
>>
Kinda wanna get a waist cincher. Has anyone bought any they really like? It's primary for fashion reasons, but I'd still like one with proper boning, and not too long.
>>
where can i find good wigs for lolita?
>>
>>10581698
I remember seeing a lolita on insta who's coord pics had a backdrop of a chair/throne surrounded by dolls. I think she was an old-school lolita. Does anyone know who that person was? I can't remember their ig handle/@
>>
Newfag here. Is bodyline bad to buy dresses from?
>>
>>10601991
Some are only okay... the newer ones not so much, so buying some of them 2nd hand would be best. Having said that, I'd say save your money and buy 2nd hand brand instead. Can get nice pieces for practically the same prices as 2nd hand bodyline sometimes and the quality is leagues better.
>>
>>10601991
It's generally not bad as long as you get some of their nicer pieces, but please please please do not buy from there right now; it's just not worth it with the huge shipping prices. Wait like 6-12 months for a sale, or a promotion so you can get cheaper shipping.

Your best bet right now is 2nd hand brand. I bought like 5 dresses on mercari and yahoo japan and not one of them was over $80. And my shopping service had a promotion at the time so my international shipping was free (would have been $60 via DHL to the US otherwise). Compare to bodyline where the dresses are new, but some of them cost as much as $80 right now and shipping is like $25 for one dress. Taobao is also an option, but you should be buying from vetted brands. Generally if a dress price seems to good (low) to be true, it probably looks like shit irl.
>>
>>10601991
Bodyline prices have gone up and the quality still isn't that great. Now it's only worth it if you wait for a sale and check plenty of reviews to see what items hold up. Secondhand brand (from places like ClosetChild, Wunderwelt, Mercari) can be found for very cheap if you don't mind stalking the sales for deals constantly.
If you are too impatient for that, Taobao has some great stuff, read archived Taobao threads and check the OP post for some idea of what brands are worth the money.
>>
>>10602091
Please tell me your shopping service anon. I payed $100+ for a consolidated package with a winter coat in it
>>
>>10602252
It was Buyee. I don't remember the weight of my package, but the promotion was that if you buy something second hand from mercari, international shipping is free. I consolidated my order and they just applied the coupon to the whole thing, I was pretty happy lol.
>>
I have a costume party in a little under a month, looking for a decent Joker and Queen from Persona 5. Any tips on where to look?
>>
How is Yosuke's shoe sizing? I fall in between the available options of 23.5 and 24.5. obviously I don't want shoes that are too small but I'm worried the 24.5 will be huge. I'm about a 7 US but sometimes fit a 6.5 better.
>>
good quality elf ears. where get?
>>
What brands are nice for j fash shoes? Is yumetenbo/liz lisa good?

No taobao please! I just want something with better construction that isn’t gonna give me knee issues. (I don’t generally have knee issues with shoes except for the cheapo glued on kind)
>>
>>10602542
Do you want only cutesy shoes like that or are more classic with cute details okay?
I would recommend Jane Marple leather shoes if you are okay with the latter.
>>
>>10602544
I’m down for either! I like cutesy and more mature/toned down cutesy. I just don’t want stuff that’s cosplay level 10 inch platforms.

I will look at jane marple shoes tho!
>>
Is there some setting on mercari jp where you're not allowed to buy the item without asking and getting permission from the seller? Like what's stopping someone else from grabbing it while you're waiting for a reply?
>>
Okey do any of you wear Shapewear? I was wondering if it’s an Option for me to get dresses to be more comfortable especially around the waist line and bust. I mean it all fits but I feel like if I could push my squish in a proper way bodices would look much prettier
>>
>>10602591
Look into corsets. They don't have to be as extreme as you might think and they make the absolute best strapless bras.
>>
>>10602542
I've heard that heart-heel style is uncomfortable, but I haven't tried them myself.

My most comfortable shoes are actually my taobao ones because the sizes are more precise than jp - I can get a 39 instead of wondering if I'm M, L, or LL in this particular style.
>>
>>10602558
Etiquette that people typically follow and sellers can choose to blacklist those who break their rules.
>>
File: youaskedforprints.jpg (1.94 MB, 2520x2912)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>10586630
>atelier pierrot doesn’t do prints
Oh boy, have I some news for you. I think they do the most prints together with MM. Some examples in pic related. (this is not meant negative to you, more that I love AtePie a lot).

Otherwise, Miho Matsuda has a few like Young Maiden Roaming the Forest Mora, Dark Night's Feast, Rosie Cat Print, Black Rose Kiria, Holy Night Bikuto, and of course the infamous Trevor Brown collab. But they're really nice and photos don't do them justice. Sheglit on the other hand only has some basic motifs like gingham and flowers and is mainly plain fabric, same for Atelier Boz and BPN. Abilletage normally does mainly plain stuff too but did release sugar cup. H+Naoto has a very distinct style with some equally distinct prints but rarely completely non-printed, and NA+H and Marble are generally all plain. Of course, AatP has some gothic prints too. I think that about sums it up, but without a doubt, there are some small brands I missed.
>>
>>10602596
>I've heard that heart-heel style is uncomfortable
considering the tiny platform combined with big heal/toe hight-ratio I say they likely are. Normally platforms make up for that by being round so you can round your steps through the platform, but since they barely have a curve in the platform yet your foot can't move much more on its own it's hard to walk in. Without that curve in the platform, it's like having to walk through high snow/on ice (as in the same way of walking, making your foot land and go up completely vertical instead of with a curve backwards) but trying to do it elegantly.
>>
>>10602595
Not that anon, but I've been looking into corsets myself, are there any brands you'd recommend and any I should avoid?
I've looked at abilletage so far and their stuff is beautiful but bit out of my price range for an item I'm sure I'll wear very often.
>>
at what time are new things usually listed on mercari? Please do say the time zone with it lmao
cause I feel like its at midnight for Eurofags
>>
>>10602640
Did you mean closetchild?
>>
>>10602310
imo quality elf ears are more about how you customize them to look your shade and realistic (ie by blushing, adding veins, shadows, etc). Everyone with a good pair I've seen has started off with a cheapo pair.
>>
>>10602591
Not a lolita, but it's common for cosplay and professional or classy occasions so I can't imagine why it wouldn't be okay for lolitas. It's not like anyone is going to see it unless you're getting busy in your burando
>>
>>10602635
I am no expert and I am sure someone on here might have better information than me, but I have an underbust one from Timeless Trends that has lasted a long time with regular wear. I would like to try their overbust ones, but I haven't yet.

My overbust is a mesh one from Orchard Corsets that is nice for daily wear because it is cooler. It is not a cute looking one, especially in the nude color, but it looks good under clothes.

I would recommend looking at Lucy's Corsetry. She is on youtube and does reviews on so many different models. If you find one you are interested in she will probably have a review of it.

Oh and make sure you look up how to season it! Hope that helps a little.
>>
>>10581698

How do I find a girl who's into this without myself having to join the community? I'm not a weeb, was president of a frat in college, and only on 4chan to mock weak people and manlets on /fit/.

And yet I love everything about this aesthetic and would love a qt gothic/lolita gf. So how do I go from here to there?
>>
>>10602699
Go to a con. It is pretty much a big nerd party anyway. You might enjoy it and you can meet girls into this stuff there. Honestly, lots of normies go to cons now for partying and raves.
People hate it but it is a thing.
>>
>>10602699
every single lolita is mentally ill. there are no exceptions. enjoy pics and steer clear irl.
>>
File: HEELS.png (3.7 MB, 1872x1656)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
Where can I find shoes with interesting shaped heels? Hades and Irregular Choise are great but usually overdesigned for my style. I prefer heel to be creative and top of shoes to be plain and if possible without open toes.

I already have two AATP cabriole shoes so I don't need another one.
Taobao have good options but I'm not good with it and only buy from resellers. Finally it's hard to find something you're not sure exist.

Sooo... Anybody know sellers, crafters, shops? Aliexpress, Taobao, brands - everything can be useful!
And collage with some heels I like.
>>
>>10602699
Hate to break it to you, but >>10602708 is pretty much right. Also, the few who aren't fucked are likely already in long term relationships and would probably have no interest in someone without similar interests to them in some way (anime, music, fashion, etc) if they're not taken.
>>
>>10602713
Bold of you to assume lolitas don't have interests outside of their clothes and anime.
>>
>>10602699
I wear both goth and lolita and want to find a guy who's not a weeb. Just be a normal decent person, same as anything.
>>
>>10602699
A dominant theme in lolita is avoidance of the male gaze. Lolitas, as in non-larpers, don't tend to look for guys that actively fetishize the fashion.
>>
https://lolibrary.org/items/mary-magdalene-rote-rose-op-re-release
>Lining: Cecil Reed (summer stock)
What is this? How can you tell if one is a summer stock or not, are they numbered differently?
>>
>>10602720
>>10602713
Alright, but as an 8/10 alpha bro, how difficult will it be for me to show up at a con and quickly insert myself in a social situation. I find it super easy to do so at bars/normie nightlife, but I'm not certain how to best handle myself here.

>>10602732
I don't fetishize the fashion; I've grown tired of stacies with basic girl personalities and want to branch out.
>>
>>10602765
Get into goth music and go to a goth club. You probably won't find lolitas there but you'll find interesting people.
>>
>>10602765
yeah calling yourself alpha and calling women stacies is a great way to get girls interested in you. Get your manic pixie dream girl shit out of here
>>
>>10602772

I hate goth music and find that whole scene distasteful. For some reason this whole aesthetic appeals to me immensely.
>>
>>10602717
I didn't assume that, nor did I imply that. I literally said anime, music, fashion, etc. Emphasis on et cetera and the fact that I said fashion and not lolita fashion on purpose. So first, you should learn to read. Second, I was just explaining to this dude (assuming that he isn't just larping) that it's unlikely he'll find a lolita that is sane AND single AND who has any common interests with a hyper-normie, who calls himself an "alpha bro", and calls women stacies.
>>
>>10602699
what a joke you are
>>
>>10602642
i mean i would like to know that to now that you say it, but i meant mercari
ive seen a lot of people get nice stuff from there and everytime i check there is nothing new that’s cute, but the only time that something new is there is when i check it right after i wake up
>>
>>10602935
M’am, what the fuck?

What time do you think most japanese people, in japan, are awake and online to update their listings on mercari?
>>
>>10602935
nonny you don't sound very smart
>>
>>10602736
>https://lolibrary.org/items/mary-magdalene-rote-rose-op-re-release

it's mistranslation of the original listing, what they mean is that the fabric used for the lining is summer weight
>>
>>10602642
nta but I would like to know this though
>>
What online shops do people use for secondhand j-fashion that ISN'T lolita?
>>
File: IMG_0565.jpg (759 KB, 1686x1794)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
newbie here. i'm building my first coord (old school inspired) and am wondering if this dress looks good. It's the antique doll jsk from souffle song. i've heard that you need to be careful buying contrasting lace from taobao and don't want to look like an ita. thanks!
https://www.soufflesong.com/Antique-Doll-Jumperskirt?search=antique&description=true
>>
>>10603924
Part of the appeal of old school is quality materials. Soufflesong is low quality even for taobao.
>>
>>10603917
Closetchild
>>
>>10603924
soufflesong's quality is shit. The thing that makes contrasting lace from Taobao bad is shitty lace, which is what you'll get on a $65 dress. You'd really be better off buying secondhand brand, especially if you're wanting to do old school since Taobao brands don't make that style much.
>>
>>10603939
that's what i was thinking. my favorite old school style brand dresses, like btssb babydoll, still go for $300 secondhand on jp mercari. do you have any other recommendations? since i'm a beginner i'm hesitant to drop so much money. are there any taobao stores you recommend for other substyles/themes?
>>
>>10603924
hot af she could get it
>>
>>10603944
btssb's babydoll jsks are expensive relative to most secondhand baby. You can find other old school baby solids for around $100 or less. Try sorting by price.
>>
>>10603944
yolanda, akane & alois, honey honey, doris night, ista mori and cheese cocoa are some of the ones I've seen praise for. But even the best Taobao isn't really comparable to something from a brand imo. Plus as far as the cost goes, brand is much easier to sell and get your money back if you decide lolita isn't for you.
>>
>>10603966
This used to be the case, but most of the good deals are currently getting snapped up instantly and it's pretty hard to get a foot in in old school.

>>10603944
It's unfortunate, but there really isn't a good Taobao brand for old school at all. If you're patient and don't want the most popular dress cuts specifically you're better off scouring Mercari, Fril, Closet Child etc. for secondhand brand.
>>
>>10603924
Dear lord, please don't buy this dress. I got it $20 off lacemarket and its still overpriced for the quality.

The back is quarter shirring, so good luck for anyone with a chest. The skirt is too big for the lace placement in the front. I crammed a Wunderwelt perti under it and the lace falling diagonal on the skirt STILL kept falling into its own folds. And petty former fashion design major peeve, the lining is the absolute shittiest, like I'm sure I bought better lined dresses from Rainbow for the same price.
>>
New Thread: >>10603014
>>
Help - can I delete a listing on Lace Market when somebody gave a bid already? All I see is the “promote” button

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.