[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 115 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (36 KB, 596x374)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Texas conventions are back on the menu, boys. Sure, Akon moved theirs to 2022, but Matsuri is still go. Animefest or San Japan havent cancelled yet, so this year looking good.
>>
>>10567728
Get fucked Texas
>>
>>10567769
I like getting fucked. Why do you think I go to cons?
>>
>>10567728
Hopefully CoVID will teach y’all a harsh lesson about selfishly fucking up research and breakthroughs for a fucking body pillow and some funky smelling hos
>>
>>10567780
Yes.
>>
Holy shit, the mad lad fucking did it.
I don't agree with this decision, but I gotta admit that took some fucking balls.
>>
>>10567728
This made my day haha, the reactions have been priceless.

I don’t 100% agree with it but this is the best thing that could happen to the businesses that have been crippled by covid and the winter storm. Good stuff! Wasn’t expecting to look forward to a con this year.
>>
>>10567772
That's your prerogative
>>
>>10567885
Im pretty sure most people who go to cons have the same idea. At least to get wasted in the con lobby.
>>
>>10567728
It's going to be hilarious because what guests can they even possibly get? Conservative Youtubers?
>>
>>10567891
funimation is here
>>
>>10567891
Anyone who wants a pay check?
1. Agree to do panel
2. Stay in hotel room or whatever
3. go to con for panels
4. leave con after panels
done.
>>
File: makesuthink.png (111 KB, 1202x890)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>10567891
By May every adult that wants a vaccine will have access to one.

The only reason to not feel comfortable at that point is if you want to live as a doomer

I have no doubt liberal states will open up last to signal to their fucking loser electorate but I'm glad we have at least a few vanguards pushing things otherwise they would put this off forever.

Seriously there are people already trying push lockdowns to be extended because children won't be eligible for a vaccine until late fall assuming the trials are rubber stamped.
>>
Enjoy your hospitalization / death by choking when a random con furry will gift you yet another variant the vaccine doesn't cover :)
>>
>>10567728
Who would've thought Texas would save anime.
>>
Looking forward to the clowns who will come to empty ass cons
>>
Smells like hysteria in here
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (28 KB, 600x497)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Not paranoid, but a tad bit disappointed. It felt like Summer would be an appropriate time to say no to masks, but now is too premature. Especially when there have been conversations on how the vaccines only helps slow down the virus, making you only get a under the weather-like version of it, and maybe you'll be free from it after a second vaccine. As a Texan in a small area that's an hour from one of the big main cities, I don't think I'm gonna get the virus, but I think I'm asymptomatic. And I'm still gonna wear a mask until Fall, because I don't want to be the one responsible for old man jenkins dying or auto immune andy having to run to the hospital.
>>
>>10568201
Oh yes the convenient variants that suddenly appeared just as the vaccine started distributing and the numbers falling. Took it a year to crop up but we suddenly went from 0 variants to 20 in two weeks. Man, I wonder what conservative "super spreader" event they will blame this on.
>>
>>10568380

Idk what ayrt meant considering all evidence shows the vaccines protect against all the new variants so far. If the virus spreads more before vaccination rates in the general population rise to reasonable levels we could see more mutations and variants, but most newly discovered mutations don't tend to be ones that have any notable vaccine resistance. They are usually just "more infectious", as in, more people get it faster than the more common ones, but vaccines would render that less of an issue regardless.

The Johnson vaccine in particular is exciting because despite having a lower success rate it is on par with many non mRNA vaccines for effectiveness and it's a single dose, as well as having fewer extreme cold chain requirements. Perfect for the general not as high risk population since it will be easier to distribute and still reduces symptoms if you do get infected and reduces chances of serious hospitalization or death. And they are saying you could still double up on the stronger vaccines later if you felt worried or like you needed to have closer to that 99% protection.
>>
>>10567728
I hope other states follow suit. All it really needs is one big state to start the trend and free everyone up.
>>
>>10568190
>By May
No, by june
"End of may" = june
I have it on good authority that several cons are chomping at the bit to restart, they're just afraid of being the first
The trf ran without a hitch, and that started pre-vaccine.
Also, cons can mandate masks. Everyone can wear one if they want. It's just not government mandated
>>
>>10568139
Well, obviously. They'll find someone who would take the money, but the pool is so limited for at least a few more months.
>>
>>10568538
Texas and Florida are very big state, the only states that could really open up soon is North, South Carolina, Georgia and possibly Maryland.
>>
>>10568538
>>10568635
California and the other big blue states are probably going to be very stubborn to the end. The funny part is that they don't want everyone to open cause it means all their lockdowns are going to be questioned by the citizens. If this was any other century, hangings would have happened.
>>
>>10568546
TRF ran so goddamn smoothly. The staff there gave zero fucks about masks. No one bothered anyone. The place was packed and everyone was having a good time. It felt like a convention.
>>
>>10567728
Based as fuck. Hopefully the rest follow soon
>>10568201
As if the vaccine worked at all kek. Enjoy being a lab experiment, sheep
>>
File: 253.jpg (145 KB, 680x962)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
nb4 all the salty cunts in here telling peeps to enjoy "catching covid" getting mad because they willingly sat their fat unemployed asses on the couch without consequences for a year and now don't have money for jack shit when things start opening back up.
>>
>>10568672
They say it but they'll come join us anyway cause they dont want to miss the fun. A lot of people are just saying all of this cause they don't want to look bad in front of others. But they all secretly dont believe what they are saying.
>>
>>10568672
>me getting laid-off from the job I already hated because covid
>gets paid more in unemployment than while working
>gets all 40+ hours of my life back to do whatever the hell I want
Have fun "hustling" at your job, tho.
>>
>>10568653
Those states are going to turn red easily and the pressure from citizens are going to piss off like we never seen before. The thing is these democrat governor and mayor are going to destroy everything what is left of those cities until recall or force impeachment. Some of these bastards democrats will end up in jail or dead.
>>
>>10568731
>Some of these bastards democrats will end up in jail or dead.

This kind of rambling is less funny when you consider what happened on January 6th and the fact that some of these faggots feel no remorse in threatening anyone that has different ideas.
>>
>>10567774
You don't like it? Move to Cali or NY. Besides, everyone knows the real governor murderer is Cuomo.

>>10567780
>TrUst ThE ScIeNcE
Doctors and scientists can be bought just as easily as politicians.

>>10567891
>>10568380
>>10568653
>>10568731
>>10568752
>It's about public safety
No, it's about politics. This has been political from day one. Comments like these are proof positive that the political media machine has been working.
>>
>>10568884

Comments on anon agreeing with you are somehow proof of a plandemic?

I don't think people need to be locked down as much as they are in some cases, but you sound retarded. Just because some anons on a taiwanese basket weaving forum call it political doesn't mean it's true.
>>
>>10568713
nayrt and i mean that's great, but did you have a shitty job in the first place? folks like me who work in tech and have to work from home now are hardly hustling at all, literally just a few zoom meets while i'm in 'jammies for 6 fig
>>
>>10568884
Go back to /pol/ retard
>>
>>10568918
Not a /pol/tard, it's just really cringily, painfully obvious when people have been brainwashed.
>>
>>10568752
This is probably the most important thing. They're doing it cause they can. They aren't afraid yet.
>>
>>10568884
Stay retarded.
>>
>>10568884
>No, it's about politics. This has been political from day one. Comments like these are proof positive that the political media machine has been working.

It's hilarious because your tinfoil rambling proves that you've consumed so much from the conservative media machine/echo chamber that it's completely taken over your mind like a creepy religion.
>>
>>10569061
>It's hilarious because your tinfoil rambling proves
>says its a religion
>instantly jumps to saying he is consumed by conservative media machine

Are you self aware enough to wonder that maybe perhaps you might have an echo chamber of your own?
>>
>>10568909
My old job was an office job that paid $20/hr. I finally got out of retail so that was great, but management was hell. Nothing close to tech, and I know it wasn't high pay by any means.
I was just thrilled the day I got laid off because right now I make just as much money on unemployment and have 0 stress.
>>
File: 1614299478595.jpg (79 KB, 1024x801)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>10567780
God you are a right cunt for hoping people get fucked over. How about ya wish them the best of luck and to stay as safe as they can. Like first off who hurt ya and second get some poon and then come back. Also I hit the gym, never got sick and got inoculated so im gucci, be mad 4evar
>>
>>10569437
Based Ted.
>>
>>10567728
>Wanting to have cons when you can barely keep the light and gas on
Yeah no.
>>
So is the AM protest still happening then? As far as I know, it got postponed since AM “postponed” last year to this year.
>>
Texas is discount Florida at this point.

>money is more important than your literal health and life expectancy.
America is a really sad country.
>>
>>10569614
Sweden didn't have any mandates--are they a sad country as well?
>>
>>10568713
I cant wait till they cut off that unemployment and I put a bullet in your head when I find you trying to jack my car because you are starving.
>>
>>10569522
Bitch, all of that is back on. And the Ercot representatives are now under investigation.
>>
>>10569811
The issue was the state government's rules, not ERCOT for following them. The system was fucked because the legislature made it that way to dodge the feds regulating anything so they could maximize profit without regard for the impact it would have even though this same thing happened in 2011 and they have been getting reccomendations to improve/change in case of emergencies for years now and chose not to. Tons of people still had no clean water this week and people literally died because of the state government sponsoring corporate greed. I love my state but don't pretend this wasn't easily avoidable or that firing ERCOT board members would solve anything.
>>
>>10569815
All public utilities do the same thing. That's why even the non Texas energy grids had blackouts. It's clearly an abuse problem with no competition.
>>
>>10569817
Non Texas grids had some blackouts but the blackouts were not as severe, even El Paso only had weather related blackouts, not the forced ones by ERCOT to prevent the entire grid from being down for weeks. And other state grids are interconnected to neighboring states way more than Texas' so they can draw power when needed, Texas has very few (because of wanting to skirt regulation). Texas is also a far bigger state than many others in population and physical size with way too many economic resources for this to have been as bad as it was. Blackouts due to storm damage were inevitable and if there were just the intended rolling blackouts people were warned about it would have been fine but people were without power in below freezing weather for a week and some died from freezing or trying to stay warm from carbon monoxide poisoning. And it will surely cause spikes in COVID cases as people from various households were huddled together, on top of people who did manage to at least get to warming centers being exposed to basically huge homeless shelters, people sick with COVID, and other random strangers.
>>
>>10569823
>Non Texas grids had some blackouts but the blackouts were not as severe
Wait wait wait. So your argument now is that it wasnt as severe? People still died in the states with blackouts. How is that not severe? A blackout is a blackout. All should be head accountable.

Just admit that you been listening to the news tell you it was only Texas that was a big hit. Everything else in your post is unimportant.
>>
File: 1607570941703.gif (140 KB, 200x230)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
>>10568672
/cgl/ is comprised of mostly women teetering on the edge of becoming crazy cat woman with simps trying to white knight and egg them along. I went to Anime dallas along with OtakuFest, most people follow the rules and aren't complete morons, hell more people followed social distancing/mask shit/not coming if sick at the convention than most grocery stores I've been too. No one is forcing anyone to go to conventions but people want to bitch because X convention they wanted isn't happening.

>but muh room parties still happen and no mask!!!
You wouldn't be invited anyways to those or be the anon who stands in a corner staring at their phone bitching about shit.
>>
>>10569851
I live here bro, it's not the news. And Texas specifically had issues with forced (by ERCOT) blackouts that they could have controlled/managed better if the system was regulated in a way to incentivize planning for it but they just said "fuck it" despite it having happened before. Rolling blackouts would have been fine and that was what they claimed, but the grid barely held together and would have had a catastrophic collapse if not for forcing people to freeze in their homes, federal aid, etc. Imagine not having power, gas, heat, or any clean water. It was ridiculous.

And again COMPELTELY AVOIDABLE if Texas had a system regulated to work better than the barest minimum only in optimal conditions. Abbot and the democrat politicians in cities too calling this shit "unprecedented" the whole time it was happening white Ted Cruz ran away to Cancun and reps from other states actually helped people was also a load of bullshit. This happened before and was expected and the state did not prepare despite years of knowing there were glaring flaws that could have been resolved.

All this talk about opening the state for the economy is fine but keeping the economy going/safe by preparing properly for extreme weather events so all travel and services aren't literally out of power or unable to get through iced roads and highways is apparently off the table and symptomatic of news media brainwashing I guess? Like it doesn't benefit the economy to have businesses forced to shutter, with tons of spoiled food (or medicine for pharmacies), massive damage to buildings that flooding turned into literal waterfalls because of insufficient regulation on sprinkler insulation, etc. How is any of THAT good for the state economy either?
>>
>>10569875
>simps trying to white knight and egg them along
kek imagine thinking most of the men here are anything but hostile to the women regularly (except soup, but he's just a shitposter). If you think the way maleposters treat female gulls is simping, onlyfans and twitch must make you seethe and rage.

>>10569851
confirmed for faggot that doesn't even go here
>>
>>10569851

weather related blackouts are out of anyone's control, much of texas tho was turned off by ercot bc the shortage of power was not under control. bet u were one of the assholes watchin netflix with the heat on 75 instead of conserving energy to get stuff back online
>>
>>10569880
>kek imagine thinking most of the men here are anything but hostile to the women regularly (except soup, but he's just a shitposter).
The most hostile shit said is often like damn bitch you ugly/fat. Sorry if that triggers your PTSD anon must be so hard...

Most dudes I've met who actively browse/post on cgl are the biggest fucking simps out there it pours over to discord and other shit so much it's annoying. All they do is echo the shit fat bitch 9000 says in hope for good boy points, you can't tell me these don't exist en masse here.
>>
>>10569885
Maybe we're just reading different threads, senpai. I'm also not on the discord.

But insults are still hostile, and it often is worse than just "ugly/fat" and female gulls are hostile right back. It's a mutually hateful relationship.
>>
>>10567831
>pic
Kinda deserved at this point, this decision will literally kill millions of people and you are happy because you can dress ass some dumbass cartoon character in your shit aliexpess cosplay that you didn't even make.

>go to con
>get covid and die
>least on your grave you can say you owned the libs
>>
>>10569898
>this decision will literally kill millions of people
Sounds good to me. Almost eight billion normalfags who try to force us to integrate into (((society))) and get (((jobs))) or have (((sex))). Fuck them!
>>
>>10568919
It's a bot. They respond to anyone questioning leftism to create a false narrative that /pol/ is "invading" other boards, when really it's just that every single normal person hates their cult's guts
>>
>>10568918
>>10569061
>>10569898
based texas.

imagining reeeeing about narrowly avoiding death at the hands of the meme flu while not realizing that lockdowns are unequivocally deadlier
>>
File: 1401922575788.gif (414 KB, 349x208)
414 KB
414 KB GIF
>>10569898
At least I'll be able to go to a con. Stay locked up in your baby pen until the grown ups say you can come out.
>>
honestly if TX does have cons this year i'm still going. i'll be still wearing a mask unless asked for a picture of my cosplay then ill take t off.
i miss going to cons, but i'm still gonna do my best to keep distance from others and wear a mask. so if anyone gets butt hurt over people going to cons then guess what too bad, just dont go or look at the pictures.
>>
>>10569914
I'm not even objectively pro-lockdown but they wouldn't be so deadly if weak willed no nut bitches like you didn't kill yourselves over every little thing

maybe stop getting so depressed over not getting to see your one real life tiddy a year in the form of a lewd cosplay in a warehouse full of sweaty dick cheese nerds
>>
>>10569924
I don't think anyone is bothered by people attending cons. People just want those who do to be safe. All the babies whining about how it's not a real con if there are masks or social distancing are just idiots or trolls
>>
>>10569987
>maybe stop getting so depressed over not getting to see your one real life tiddy a year in the form of a lewd cosplay
I'm pretty sure there's girls who are being far more anxious to get their lewd booties out to the public so they can get lots of photos and admiration. Believe me, women are just waiting to bust out and flaunt their titties. All the onlyfans and cosplay photos over social media is proof enough. You undermine how much women like attention.
>>
>>10570049
ya'll are so creepy
>>
>>10570049
I would agree (not all women but a ton of attention hungry costhots), except e-sluts don't want to actually interact in person with their simps. Camgirls, e thots, lewd cosplayers, or just sexy cosplay girls are totally fine just taking the money and adoration from a distance while posting thirst trap content online and never having to come touch any of their sweaty simps irl. Irl meetups involve non shooped or gneerally unflattering candids, bad angles that make them look less hot if they're one of the ones using posing to look better, people filming not-so-discreet upskirts and tit shots of them and getting disgustingly close, etc. if the con vids of revealing cosplays people post on cgl are any indication. They don't want to see those people at cons.
>>
>>10569988
yeah and knowing alot of other cosplay and con goers i know they would still all wear mask and keep to covid regulations to the best ability.
plus i just miss cosplaying, and seeing long distance friends at cons.
>>
>>10568190
Yeah pretty much this. Anyone who refuses the vaccine isn’t worth saving. Making sacrifices for braindead boomers that refuse advice meant to protect them while consistently holding back society is fucking stupid and virtue signaling at best.
>>
>>10570105
>anyone who refuses the vaccine

Newsflash. No one asked for your sympathy in being saved. I'm not taking it and you can seethe all you want. I've been healthy for ten years being fit and eating right, so I have nothing to fear. Maybe you should admit that you're an unhealthy slob.
>>
>>10570321
NOOOOOOOOOOO you bigot you have to get the heckin vaccinerino! Do you want to kill grandma? Dont forget to eat the bugs, live in the pod, suck the (feminine) dick, and accept the (((new normal)))!
>>
>>10570053
>e-sluts don't want to actually interact in person with their simps. Camgirls, e thots, lewd cosplayers, or just sexy cosplay girls are totally fine just taking the money and adoration from a distance while posting thirst trap content online and never having to come touch any of their sweaty simps irl.
Good. Hopefully they never come back and cons can go back to exclusively being for nerdy shut ins again. They were better before normalfags joined in.
>>
>>10569898
Dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
>>
>>10569924
>i miss going to cons
Cons aren't dying dipshit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1612304907582.jpg (16 KB, 540x407)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10569437
Fuck them and fuck you too, you CoVID spreading tick.

Y'all wanna go out so bad, but refuse to wear a mask.... And for what? A figurine and some con pussy.
This pandemic will never end unless people don't shut up, sit down, and just sit tight for 3 months.

Fuck you.
>>
>>10570574
never said they were dying dipshit, just said i missing going to them
>>
>>10570591
Fuck you too you sissy faggot
>>
Ok outside of covid talk, how is texas for egl/jfash, if you wanted to wear something casual/otome in public? Is there an active comm? ( I guess people might stare, but that’s fine with me as long as people aren’t generally going to harass me. I currently live in a bad area)

I visited dallas last year and I really liked it there. Thinking of moving there desu, but I didn’t wear anything jfash when I visited. I’m also Chinese so I don’t know if that changes any answer.
>>
>>10570529
Freedom is always dangerous. Especially to people trying to become despots.
>>
>>10570639
Many very active comms in the state. Wearing it in public is usually not an issue at all. We even have a shop in Houston that sells Meta and other brands.
>>
>>10570642
>>10570643
That sounds amazing! I’ll also look at Houston then, if there’s a shop there. I would love to wear things in public and feel safe doing it.

As far as drama goes, I’m a classic lolita. so I will probably never have to deal with any drama directly, and can likely just sit back and watch it unfold.
>>
Welp if cons are coming back then I guess I'm having fun. I dunno about you virgin stay home stay safe Karen cosplay basement dwellers.
>>
>>10567891
Nothing from japan that’s for sure. They’re actually smart not to come over here since we can’t obviously keep covid under control
>>
>>10568654
Oh yeah that building/shop that went up in flames was definitely “smooth” .
>>
>>10569538
Honestly nobody trusts AM since they said last year they were going to have a con that year just to cancel last minute . People don’t want a repeat of their money being stolen so many are staying away.
>>
>>10569898
Kinda want to purposely get the virus and go to a convention just to sneeze on everything and everyone so they’ll get sick and learn their lesson.
>>
>>10570643
>>10570644
Yesss!!!! I love the shop!!! It’s called Kuroshiro Kawaii and they have TONS of j-fashion and indie brands too. Plus they plan on bringing some major brands in soon too. (Sorry I’m a big fangirl of theirs. It’s a great shop with sweet and kind owners.)
>>
>>10570105
>Anyone who refuses the vaccine isn’t worth saving.
Newsflash, people are dying after they got the first dose of the vaccine. Hence why many people are refusing the vaccine. I can't take any of the covid vaccines since I was told by my doctor that there is an ingredient that could potentially kill me.
>>
>>10570691
Good luck even trying to make it to the con while sick.
>>
>>10570685
It was, and no article you read can change that. Fuck off, non fun having doomer.
>>
>>10570854
I’ve powered through worse trust me
>>
>>10570855
Article? Are you retarded? It was literally on their main page that one of the shops was on fire and burned
>>
Reminder that the other 90% of the country thinks covid-19 is a nothing burger and you're seen as a crazy cult.
>>
>>10571020
>90%

Kek, what a cope
>>
>>10570815
And that ingredient is in ALL of them?
>>
>>10570815

I did hear something about it causing anaphylaxis in people with shellfish or certain other allergies and them needing to have epipens ready if they choose to get the vaccine, but saying no one should get vaccinated because of that is like saying no one should eat peanut butter or drink almond milk because some people are allergic to nuts.

If you are a person who genuinely cannot get vaccinated, it is in your best interest for everyone else to be so herd immunity can be reached and protect you indirectly when the direct protection of the vaccine is not an option.
>>
>>10570815

Also pretty sure the ayrt was referring to people who can get vaccinated no problem and refuse because of stupid reasons like "5G vaccine gonna rewrite your DNA and make you a government slave" bullshit, not those with legitimate medical reasons for being incapable of being vaccinated.
>>
>>10571100
i got my first vaccine recently and you can barely even feel the brain controlling nanomachines go in, some people are such babies
>>
>>10570691 #
Oh the one hand this is so incredibly fucked and I have to ask why would you risk death just to become the bringer of death.

On the other hand, I hate these selfish fucking cucks enough that I kinda wanna see you do this just because you’re so gung-ho to potentially risk your life.
>>
>>10570321
>>10570815
>newsflash!!!!!!

Spotted the conspiracy fag.
>>
File: Justin_maingfghkg.jpg (40 KB, 600x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Ikkicon Announcement.
>>
>>10572007
Wait isn't Ikkicon usually around New Years'/December though? Also isn't it usually held in Austin, liberal central for TX?
>>
>>10572009
Who the fuck knows why on the announcement. It's official. The plague rats get their con.
>>
>>10572012
May isn't the worst date considering vaccination rates projected by summer, but it seems weird it's at a totally different time of year. Maybe they really need the cash.
>>
>>10572015
I guess if it's successful then they can do December too? Who knows.
>>
>>10572007
To be honest im tempted to go and see how they handle things, but they also have no list of guests, panels, vendors or sign ups{volunteer, panels etc} open at this time. So i actually wonder if they will eve really have anything worth going to see.
Plus they did say they are enforcing mask wearing, sanitization, temperature checks and more.
>>
>>10572015
I think it's the money, yeah. I can already feel the community getting riled up since this might be of interest to more than just anti-maskers. Anyone should be able to get a vaccine by then, so it's more of who wants to be extra cautious.
>>
>>10572056
It said it is supposed to be a hybrid so I guess they are gettin those COVID buxx by booking nearly unlimited online tickets and then some in person ones for people willing to go.
>>
>>10572064
I think it would just be interesting to go and see like what happens, how well the staff handles everything, what cosplay are there{if anyone cosplays}, how many panels, what is in the dealers room etc.
Plus as much as i love cons, i want to see it in person if place goes up in hell fire.
>>
>>10569007
They need to be afraid in the upcoming future ahead. Spring and summer won't be too kindly to them.
>>
>>10572133
See, that sounds like a threat, anon.
>>
File: 1464469566774.jpg (65 KB, 640x480)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>10572252
It is.
>>
Taking the PAX POX a whole new level !
>>
Ikkicon happening in May now
>>
>Vaccinated master race
See you at Anime Fest, fuckers. You couldn't pay me to go to Ikkicon. I miss cons a lot, but not attend Ikkicon a lot.
>>
>>10572056
It’s the same venders every year. Don’t bother. Plus the man in charge of guests is a pedo. Super old and hits on young girls.
>>
>>10572837
....ew. Thank you for the heads up anon, looks like my Chocola cosplay will still stay unused.
>>
>>10572837
I swear to god every con has this problem. Not always pedos but always dudes creeping on female guests or attendees who work for the con. AM with John Leigh and his bald ass creeping on young lolitas, that one con Lor went to in Canada (I think in Quebec) where the dude was really inappropriate with Lor and Tyler, and Ikkicon apparently too.
>>
>>10573219
>AM with John Leigh and his bald ass creeping on young lolitas
Let's be fair, lolitas are desperate for any attention.
>>
>>10573228
Either way he was being inappropriate with minors. Nasty.
>>
>>10573219
same problem with lots of shitty jobs, if the conditions and pay are shit (or nonexistent) and the only "perk" is to be around young girls guess what kind of person is most likely going to apply for that?
>>
Anyone here planning on going to Anime Frontier?
I had a pass last year before it was canceled.
>>
>>10573502
news is starting up of various anime cons in texas again. will have to wait and see
>>
>>10572655
>chipped cattle thinks he's "master race"
Biggus Kekus
>>
Every adult eligible for vaccine in May, people who have the virus only need one shot, not to mention the one shot vaccine exists. Cases are currently at the lowest point since the start of the pandemic but sure. June is "too soon" for conventions. I think August is more ideal, but people are really getting upset with fully vaccinated people wanting to go to a convention.
>>
>>10574166
People need to remember that being eligible for the vaccine and actually being able to get an appointment and get the vaccine are two different things.
>Cases are currently at the lowest point since the start of the pandemic
This is completely false. We're right around the peak levels we hit during summer 2020. This is a lot lower than the all time peak we hit in January, but we still have a ways to go. Please refrain from making stuff up.
I say this as someone that's far from a doomerfag. We'll be seeing mid sized cons in most states this fall, and some larger ones in states that open up more quickly.
>>
Comicpalooza changed their dates to the same weekend as Delta H. Lol RIP Delta H.
>>
>>10570696
They were super rude to my wife and I, DESU. Not going back.
>>
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/covid-vaccine-biden-will-direct-states-to-make-all-adults-eligible-by-may-1.html

Jesus fuck and all these cons that cancelled early.

I bet more cons will still cancel after this.
>>
>>10574315
Still gotta get those vaccines into arms after people are "eligible". I wouldn't expect everyone that wants the vaccine to be able to get it by the end of May. Maybe by the end of June.
Also need to factor in that not all states are going to open up right away. And the venues that are being used as covid supersites will likely continue as such through at least part of the summer.
Organizers that had cons scheduled in the summer may have been wise to do so, depending upon what state they're in.
As far as fall cons go, cancelling them was probably not so wise.
>I bet more cons will still cancel after this.
No doubt about it. PAX East's cancellation is likely imminent, among others.
>>
>>10574315
>I bet more cons will still cancel after this
why not, Lots of things are still uncertain
>>
>>10574304
>my wife and I

Sounds like the Leighs trying to trash the competition after Shop in Wonderland got killed lol
>>
>>10569898
>this decision will literally kill millions of people and you are happy
i hope your part of them millions
oh what am i saying you will be fatty LMAO
>>
>>10574275
That peak was the FIRST peak. Obviously we're not at zero, but we're under that. Trust me, I was at work on the fourth of July and it was terrible.
>>
>>10574683
source. we may have gotten slightly below this since then, but it is still well below the first peak.
>>
>>10574537
Take your pills, Schizo.
>>
>>10574303
Isn't that the weekend directly after AM? Lol it seems the city wants to start riding AM's coattails too. Oh well, too bad for Delta H.
>>
>>10575039
You're talking as if anyone will actually go to AM.
>>
>>10575042
People are going to AM. Stay mad.
>>
>>10575387
Calling it that it will be VicCon 2021.
>>
File: 1608432886185.jpg (102 KB, 660x1024)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>10570321
MFW perfectly young, healthy and fit people still die from COVID. Shame that it take you either you insufferable Trumper twat.
>>
File: 1615407837741.jpg (35 KB, 640x630)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>10575464
I'm much more likely to die in a car accident, but I still drive :)
Nice meme grandma, stay seething you adipose cunt
>>
File: weebstop.png (2.72 MB, 1482x865)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
Anyone else go to the weeb stop event tonight. Masks were required but not enforced. AM-approved.
>>
>>10575464
>MSM on victims: young, no underlying health conditions
>Pic of victims: fat af, probably had fatty liver disease, which is a silent ticking time bomb
>CDC 4 days ago: masking made <2% difference in cases over the last year, but we still want you to wear them
>(You): Trump is still living rent-free in your head
YOU can stay home and live your pathetic life.
>>
>>10575517
Look at all those people having fun. And all you gulls can do is just sit in your boyfriend's 1BR apartment wearing your Chinese knockoff AP dress and seethe. You should try being likable. It will get you a lot farther..
>>
>>10575464
>perfectly young, healthy and fit people
guess youre not part of that group
>>
>>10575517
Nah, senpaisquad and their goons are pretty garbo people lol
>>
>>10575736
Jesus is there anything this board actually likes? It won't hurt you to admit you enjoy things, I promise.
>>
File: file.png (474 KB, 550x366)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>10575464
>MFW perfectly young, healthy and fit people still die from COVID
>>
>>10574422
I still wish that AX had just pushed the event back to November like SDCC is. Fuck
>>
>>10576447
I know how you feel, but keep in mind that SDCC wasn't pushed back. What they're doing in November is going to be a smaller scale event; probably MUCH smaller, and a far cry from a genuine SDCC.
Whether it will be a "well, it's better than nothing" type event, or a complete bust remains to be seen. If it even actually happens.
>>
>>10576447
>>10576650
Im sure its just the city being anal to all the events to keep virtue signaling for covid. By next month, I bet they start changing their tune with all the other states open with their ongoing events.
>>
There are currently 14 anime conventions planned for 2021

https://animecons.com/events/schedule.php?loc=usTX
>>
So there’s no way A-Kon would have happened even if we were clear. They’re using KBH as a housing facility for migrant kiddos.
>>
>>10576901
None of those cons will happen since they'll end up getting cancelled closer to their dates.
>>
>>10572007
With pedo Ken Wallen? No thx. he hit on my girlfriend he is like 60+, also he is working for San Japan too. Friends with racist con chair who got fired.
>>
>>10574537
No the KSK owners are teats. The girl, buys all the good brand up and puts stuff aside for herself. Friend of mine confirmed this cuz she’s cozy with them.
>>
>>10577412
>buys all the good brand up and puts stuff aside for herself
don't really get what's wrong with that, are you mad that shopgirls at brand stores they work in get discounts and easier access to shit too?
>>
>>10567823
Nah. Siding with abject ignorance and sacrificing the safety of the public doesn't take balls. It takes no effort at all.
>>
>>10577412
They mostly sell new Meta (as far as lolita) most of which is available for preorder directly from Meta too anyway. In what world is that buying up all the good brand?
>>
>>10577440
>sacrificing the safety of the public
Please stop. No one believes the propaganda anymore.
>>
>>10577440
Take your estrogen meds, put your mask on, and get back in your cage onions boy.
>>
>>10576901
Yeah and all of them are shit compared to AX, Anime Boston, NYCC. Why bother having cons in some flyover state?
>>
RIP PAX South
Anyone know some good Vidya cons in TX coming up?
>>
>>10579989
>RIP PAX South
Legit question but do people actually fucking care about PAX still? I mean I get it's pretty cool and directed at a culture that is quite large but holy shit every time my friends have dragged me along it's been the shittiest quality of a "con" ever.
>>
>>10579989
They haven't said they're dead for 2022. Stop making up shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>10577786
>Propaganda of the greater good, public heath and social responsibility.
Please, stop chugging that OAN cum you faggot Trumper.
>>
>>10577412
I mean of course, they own the shop. But also, most stuff that they sell isnt super rare so idk where this is coming from lol....
>>
>>10579998
Was talking about 2021
>>
>>10577412
Your friend is talking out of their ass. Also most of what they sell is pre-orders currently. Trust me, nobody in that shop has the extra $$ to blow on exorbitant amounts of brand. All of the owners and shop staff work multiple jobs just to stay afloat
>>
Man I bought Fan Expo Dallas tickets last year before the coff happened and didn't return my ticket because I thought it would blow over soon.
I don't even know if I am still going to get my money back
>>
>>10580038
The CDC themselves said masking and lockdowns made less than 2% difference in case numbers over the last year. But if you want to keep believing they work, you go right ahead, hon. The rest of us will go to cons.
>>
>>10577412
KSK owners are cool people. I’m really glad they got to fulfill their dream of running a j-fashion shop. A lot of shops have tons of drama, and theirs doesn’t.

It’s great people donated money to help keep them open during the pandemic. Running a niche shop had to have been rough then.
>>
Vaccines are open to everyone next week, and a lot of people are getting them. I really want to go to Ikki, but no one I know is going so it's kind of a super bummer. Don't know if there will be Ikki in the winter as well, but it would be sort of competing with Colossal South as well as Anime Frontier, the latter already having guests confirmed unlike all these other events.
>>
>>10584611
They were very rude to me when I went. The staff were snickering when I asked if I'd look ok in a specific dress... I do crossdressing as a hobby, and I'm not entirely comfortable in my own body yet.....I thought I wouldn't have to worry about judgement there but...man I felt so bad when I saw their faces trying not to laugh and I overheard them talking about me...I'll never go again.
>>
>>10584642
Maybe because you call it “crossdressing” ...
>>
>>10584642
>I'll never go again
Good, crossdress in sonething else.

But also you sound like one of those insecure people who assumes anyone having a nice time off to the side while you're around is making fun of you. That's probably not the case, you're just sensitive and assume people care or pay more attention to you than they actually do because you're insecure and self centered at the sane time.

Something my dad always told me in reference to being self conscious in public is: strangers are never paying as much attention to you as you think they are. No one cares that much about what it is you're doing.
>>
>>10584642
I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $200, Alex.....
>>
>>10584642
One of the people who runs the shop is trans, dumbass. Nice try, though.
>>
>>10584642
Take your bait elsewhere, fag.
>>
>>10584817
He’s rly cool too. I met him a loooong time ago before he came out officially. Super glad he’s living the dream now
>>
>>10574315
San Japan has been confirmed so who knows?
Anyone have the tea on the previous chair, Dave?
>>
To be honest, I can wait another year. I’ll willingly stay in my house so I don’t track something back to people with more delicate immune systems. No event with a bunch of gross weeds is going to entice me on that. Most of you hate basically everyone at these events— I don’t understand why you’re willing to go to them during Covid.
>>
>>10587873
>overpriced anime figurines
>overpriced tickets
>overpriced food
>shit panels
>probably wont be special guests
>”why go if you hate each other”
Why go in general
>>
>>10587885
Fair. I haven’t gone since the piece of shit who ran a department got physical with abuse with some of us, so I guess I’ll just keep not going.
>>
>>10587866
He's a racist who refuses to book POC guests because claims says nobody would pay to see them.
>>
>>10587866
"Previous chairman" lol. He is still very much in charge, and profiting from the event directly.
>>
>>10589243
Incredibly based
>>
>>10568731
You are delusional. Progressives have already hedged their bets in places like California. They will just allow illegals to vote, create scandals for viable right wing candidates then amplify those scandals with the media, and shut down right wing presence on the Internet. Blue states are blue forever at this point.
>>
>>10589243
Based, fuck POC
>>
Went ahead and bought tix for Ikkicon, I'm guessing that is going to happen for sure with the way states are moving and summer coming around with vaccines open to all(for the most part).

For anyone not familiar with Austin/Ikkicon anyone got tips? I usually only do DFW cons so this will be the first time doing a con in Austin. Hotel prices are looking pretty fucked as is right now so debating if I need to just lightrail in and back, or if that's not a good idea.
>>
>>10590572
Ikkicon=trash, but Austin is generally a fun place to visit. I think where the con tends to be held is far from downtown and all. Currently as homelessness has increased during the pandemic there are little tent villages EVERYWHERE downtown and the gentrified east side, way more than before (used to just be around the shelter downtown they'd gather before they close or sleep nearby, and there were far less), so if you're a girl, be prepared to walk with a buddy in case anyone responds poorly to you when rejecting their requests for money.

Other than that issue, highly reccomend you check out the food scene in town.
>>
>>10590623
>so if you're a girl, be prepared to walk with a buddy in case anyone responds poorly to you when rejecting their requests for money.
That's very non progressive of you to treat the homeless like their animals that could assault you. They're human, too.

Ah wait, I forgot. Austin is becoming Portland and SF tier anyway, so homeless popping up makes sense.
>>
>>10590623
>Ikkicon=trash
Can someone elaborate on this? The only people I hear this shit from are people who relo'd from the west coast and/or lolita's who are mad about the scene being meh there. Pretty much everything I found online about ikkicon was just "ugh this guy who worked in it might have been a creep" or "the staff rejected the local comm tea party event number 5".
>>
>>10590755
Its mostly cause the venue has sucked. Thankfully, they moved to an actual hotel structure that is far more organic for cons, so it's fine. Proper lobbies, hallways, and locations in general.
>>
>>10590756
>Its mostly cause the venue has sucked
Guess it really depends what you're looking for from the con, I've always seen the con as a "got the holidays off" thing to go to given when it happens. I'm sure compared to some big name cons out there sure, but ikkicon never really struck me as trying to rival shit like AX or PAX.
>>
>>10590665
Any human male could assault me, so they're all dangerous and to be avoided, home or not. People with nothing to lose are more likely to commit a crime. That includes homeless people but also any dude with the power, money, or status to get away with a crime.
>>
File: fry.png (188 KB, 603x452)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>10590772
Human males are also the most likely to come to your rescue against a hostile male. So keep that in mind when you go on another anti-male rant.
>>
>>10590797
Sauce?
>>
>>10590797
Ahahha you mean what the cops? They just take notes after and blame you for what happened.

Other random dudes are unlikely to come to my rescue at all. Those things like getting robbed or mugged happen so quickly there's no time for some larper with a concealed carry liscense to come "save" me. I'll stick to the buddy system and pepper spray, thanks.
>>
>>10590797
at no point did a man ever come to my rescue, it was always women that helped me. Men did like to put me into compromising situations and not warn me about missing stairs though.
>>
>>10590812
literally any simp or white knight, all which are en mass around the con center.
>>10590816
>>10590872
>I'm hit on all the time it's such a huge problem
Sure Karen... this totally happens on a daily bases of anime cons so much so that it's a huge problem and we should even have armed guards at each corner.

Like where the fuck you dumbasses walking into alone at night that isn't a main street near a convention center during an event where cops are more present? Some dive bar or back alley at 1am going "OH I'M ALL ALONE HOPE NO ONE COMES AT ME!!!!!"
>>
>>10590886
I live in Austin and I'm not talking about cons specifically but walking around say or night in general. Back to my car, under any overpass, west campus, etc.

The point is there are men around but they aren't actually stopping to help anyone because by the time you're done being robbed and can ask for help they can do nothing. That, and many people ignore shit going down to strangers and focus on their own safety. Men are not all the heroes you are painting them as. No one is regardless of gender.
>>
>>10590890
okay karen go feed your 10 cats
>>
>>10590886
The busiest areas are actually some of the most dangrous. Major streets tourists, congoers, and people shipping will visit are where all the homeless people, tents, and panhandlers are. Also ikkicon was never at a typical venue as mentioned.

You sound like you have never lived in a city. It doesn't have to be 1am on a shady street for you to get crimed
>>
>>10590891
Kek imagine calling someone a karen because they think men are regular people not fucking white knights.
>>
>>10590893
>Also ikkicon was never at a typical venue as mentioned.
Who the actual fuck would need to explain that it's at a convention center for context of the con? Why would you purposely put the goal posts out so far away? Obviously people here are talking about ikkicon, which in term implies that it will be at the con and the massive amounts of hotels surrounding it and clearly lit main streets to the metro lines or uber waiting areas.
>>
>>10590898
Did you just ignore the part where busy main streets are literally where tons of crime occurs?
>>
>>10590901
Yes, because I live in the real world where at most you're walking a block or two nothing is going to happen other than some dude try to get you for their CD's or beg for cash. Nothing like hypothetical situations of things that generally do not happen outside rare cases where they become news worthy, especially at that convention center.

If harassment of that magnitude was an actual issue there would be more impressive measures to counteract it over the staff and security at most any con not "hosted at the library". Not to mention, you easily having the ability to think for yourself at this moment and plan around it. Don't feel safe? contact con staff immediately and they will assist you, walk with you, and often get you the help you need if you feel unsafe. That's literally what they are there to help you with along with the owns convention staff+officers that attend cons.

The reason it's not worth really debating is because it's going to devolve into about 300+ replies of hypothetical situations of remote incidents that can be avoided when planned for.
>>
>>10590908
All I said was walk with a buddy cause downtown and even more of Austin has villages of dozens to a hundred homeless on every block. Downtown is so overrun people are wanting to vote to reinstate camping bans. And homeless people around here can get pretty aggressive when you reject or ignore them.

You went on a whole diatribe about how we're dumb for not expecting a big strong man to come save us like a retard. I see no problem with someone doing smart things if they want to walk or take the bus to a cool restaurant like having pepperspray or not going alone.

Also a walk to a hotel or restaurant is often gonna be more than just a couple blocks, some of us like to walk more than the distance from our couch to the fridge.
>>
>>10590912
I never said not to do the buddy system so no clue what that has to do with me, I think you're mixing up anons here.
>Also a walk to a hotel or restaurant is often gonna be more than just a couple blocks, some of us like to walk more than the distance from our couch to the fridge.
Just... do a 5 dollar uber...
>>
>>10590908
>Don't feel safe? contact con staff immediately and they will assist you, walk with you, and often get you the help you need if you feel unsafe.

That's exactly what people said, partner up with someone if you feel unsafe/prepare if you're going to be walling around. We just don't subscribe to your weird assumption that we shouldn't worry about those things because any male in the vicinity is *totally* going to help or stop something bad from happening.
>>
>>10590914
The original butthurt maleposter was whining about someone saying men are likely to attack or assault, rob, etc. them regardless of them being homeless, and went off claiming "well you shouldn't say that about men cause they're gonna be the ones rescuing you when you get mugged you know!!1", prior to that the anon had simply said to try out the food scene in town but be careful and try to have a friend if you're a girl bc of aggressive homeless and panhandlers.

Then it devolved into a convo about how men are not captain-save-a-hoes and then people saying you're a retard if you get targeted for a crime/you must be alone at night intentionally doing dumb stuff, but really a ton of annoying or dangerous criminal activity happens all day long rain or shine in a city, especially when it's full to the brim with people desperate for basic necessities like a large homeless population who's likely on drugs.

Like I fail to see how anything any women itt said was anything other than common sense.
>>
>>10587866
Dave is pretty based, but not red-pilled, and he underestimated the cancel culture assholes.
>>10589243
>refuses to book
Yeah, nah. He refuses to go out of his fucking way to have a quota of them without them doing any of their own organization work. That's not the same as saying "you can't come".
>>
>>10590755
It's been very disorganized. cancelled panels, panelists running late, the con creators releasing news very late or not at all, etc.
>>
>>10591082
What's up dave? So, why you hate Niggers so much?
>>
>>10590917

>Don't feel safe? contact con staff immediately and they will assist you, walk with you, and often get you the help you need if you feel unsafe.

What the ever loving fuck do you expect some unpaid volunteer to do about your sexual assault? It's not the conventions responsibility to keep you safe while you are in a public space. If you feel like somebody is stalking you Or you feel they may sexually assault you go to the police.

It's literally their job.
>>
>>10591162
Nah, I've known him since before SJ, he'd never come here. He's been a Facebookfag forever, doesn't even like to use e-mail. He loves all that social media cancer crap because it's so easy to use, and it bit him in the ass.
>>
>>10591287
Ok Dave. Still not going to your racist convention.
>>
>>10590755
Someone dropped ikkicon tea under a seperate ikkicon thread on here. Kek
>>
I'll probably catch a bunch of shit for this because it barely counts as a con, but Trader's Village in Houston is having their "comic con" weekend at the end of the month. I know it's cringe, but it's super cheap to get in and it's outside, meaning you're not breathing everyone's recirculated air. I always find stuff to buy there.
>>
What’s going on with Anime Fest? The con is in three months but you can’t even buy a badge. No FB updates since October. Any info? Should I give up on it happening?
>>
>>10590755
They didn't properly pay BTSSB, for fucks sake. Ikkicon sucks, there's a reason the local comms no longer work with them.
>>
>>10599803
Yeah for lolita and jfashion wearers specifically Ikkicon is just a no-go.
>>
>>10599803
I never heard about this. What year was it?
>>
>>10590908
Con staff at Ikkicon won’t do anything. I had an issue with a stalker and the girl in charge for safety was basically telling me “too bad, stop bothering me”. They don’t even weapons check properly at ikki. The safety team and staff are a joke. there was a reason why a ton of the staff quit and left for other cons. The higher ups are crap. The guy in charge of guests for both ikki and San Japan is an old 60+ year old creep who prays on young women. The con chair is lazy for ikki. The staffing is a joke. No one knows what they are doing.
>>
>>10599836
The last year BtSSB came, lol. Like 4 years ago at this point probably?
>>
>>10599794
I don't know either. No word at all on what the hell is going on with them.
>>
>>10600041
I'm starting to suspect that they're dead in the water.
>>
>>10600210
eh, no real loss. They've always just been diet a-kon
>>
>>10600575
On their Discord their marketing lady keeps saying wait for updates for several months. At 3 months out they need to be put up or shut it down.
>>
>>10570684
If Japan's smart they'll avoid America just to avoid catching any American mind viruses.
>>
I hate Dallas.
>>
>>10600788
I hate Houston.
>>
>>10600788
I hate Dallas and Houston

t. Houstonian
>>
>>10590914
Lol uber in Austin is like minimum $15 for a few blocks. As if
>>
>>10601045
After tip, maybe. Once they build all those tiny houses for the homeless camping out around town to go live in (funded by private donations, not tax dollars so no complaints, woohoo) it will be safe to walk around as long as you're not a drunk college girl on 6th street.
>>
>>10593167
thanks for posting that anon, I live in houston and had no idea that was even a thing. I have something to do this weekend now
>>
Who wants to bet on AM not having any Japanese guests along with the Godzilla Mini-Store not showing up then announcing all of this on Friday morning when the con starts.
>>
>>10600786
yeah dont want to catch the trannyisms
>>
File: EuSZjmVXIAkb-I7.jpg (166 KB, 1200x676)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Interesting Round Rock Colossal Con is coming in November and ikkicon is coming so soon. Honestly probably just gonna go to Colossalcon since it's way closer. This is also going to be at the new Kalahari waterpark so interesting to see the convetion center.
>>
>>10601330
Go to ikkicon. I assure you, at the new hotel, it's going to be party con all weekend.
>>
>>10602175
Not them, but this is certainly an... interesting response. Everything I read about Ikki suggested it was a bust waiting to happen. Yes, every con nowadays is gonna have detractors, but there seems to be a bigger hate on for this one than average. And just today, I figured I made the call to skip it after two other cons in my area turned up. So I guess Ikkicon is now on the "maybe" list.
>>
>>10602185
It's weird that some people are against ikkicon, but it's just personal bias of some sorts. Ikkicon is alright to go to. There is nothing bad about it other than its location for the past few years. They moved to a hotel with a much better layout, so it's going to be ten times better.
>>
>>10602189
Here's hoping you're right. I figured there was bias, yeah but it just kept coming so strongly. That, and other cons getting more attention even if they're further off. My initial reason for saying I was skipping was based on Anime St Louis, where I'm at right now. Friday was great but Saturday? Not so much. For now, I'll keep my ear to the ground.
>>
>>10602185
>Everything I read about Ikki suggested it was a bust waiting to happen.
Ikkicon has a problem overworking their upper staff, so they get burnt out after a couple years. So SOME department is always shaky because it has new management.
It's a common enough problem, and probably falls on the feet of the owner, who tends fall into the peter principle (promote hard workers until they're above their skill) and also has an aversion to firing people.
But it's rarely a serious issue, it's just when 80% is going smoothly, the 20% that doesn't stands out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>10602300
Yeah, this right here, pretty much. All the hate was about behind the scenes stuff which is why I said it was more than average. Not just the typical "THIS IS DANGEROUS AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE" complaint. I didn't know the specifics, though so thanks for filling me in.
>>
>>10602304
Mike has burned out a lot of people to the point that he has a hard time filling the ranks.
>>
I'm only planning on Anime Frontier still happening well. I'm sure other cons will happen before then, but it might be messy. Think we'll get any international guests by December or am I being too optimistic now?
>>
>>10603125
Good fucking luck on seeing any international guests until at least 2022. I'm waiting on the news that AM can't bring in anyone except creepy Vic.
>>
Unless you're an old person or live in South Africa, I don't see why the majority of people would be so deathly afraid of catching Covid.
>>
>>10603148
Still going. Be mad about it.
>>
>>10599794
Yes, now you can, unfortunately. AnimeFest is a no-go for July/August: https://twitter.com/AnimeFestOrg/status/1388136140352413697
>>
>Anime matsuri is happening in July

So aside from the fact that cgl has a hate boner for the con, any reason not to go? I don't give a fuck about voice actors or japanese guests.
>>
>>10604812
If you're okay with most things being hours late with a vast overpromise to be extremely underwhelmed as you feel like it's a giant waste of overpaid money then go ahead.
>>
>>10604812
You're going to get promised all kinds of events and shit that will end up not happening. And you won't be able to get a refund.
>>
>>10604756
Someone needs to tell AF that covid was last year and to stop being health faggots.
>>
>>10605105
You haven't had the true AM Experience until been ripped off by them.
>>
>>10604943
>>10605105
What if I just want to drink, meet cosplayers, shoot the shit, and walk the vendor halls? A music event would be cool but eh
>>
>>10605152
Then you're overpaying. And there won't be much of a vendor hall.
>>
>>10605152
ignore these >>10605164 salty bitches
i do this at every AM and its chill
>>
>>10604756
I like how the Discord acted shocked. Hmm. No updates online since the fall last year then at 3 months out they're surprised that it got canceled again.
>>
>>10604812
>>10605152
>>10605182
I see the AM shills are back. Has it been a whole year already? How much money was John able to pocket last time from refusing to issue refunds? Not enough to keep SiW afloat, apparently.
>hang out with cosplayers, drink, walk the vendor hall
Thanks for the heads up that these will be the only activities this year.
>>
>>10605298
Time to fire up the city court document search to how many additional companies have sued John in the past 18 months for dodging bills.
>>
>>10605152
This is my unbiased opinion. I am neither a cosplayer nor a lolita, just an anime fan that loves anime conventions. I normally go to Matsuri just as my annual excuse to visit Houston since I'm from DFW. It's nice to see friends I wouldn't see at other DFW cons other than A-Kon, and it's got the fun vibe you get from being at a larger con. My main issues with the con are the main events being either late or sloppy and the con always fails to deliver on some promise or another. It's still a fun visit overall but if it's going to be your one travel con of the year or something, skip it. 5/10, decent enough but not worth going out of your way for.
>>
i dont know a single person going to ikkicon. i really was interested but, it's in like 30 days and we know nothing. Typical ikkicon behavior, but what the hell?
>>
moving to houston in august, what cons in texas are worth going to and what ones should i avoid?

i know AM is garbage, ikkicon seems okay, idk what other options there are.
>>
>>10605894
dont go to SJ. its shit
>>
>>10605901
>Every con in Texas is shit. Don't go to any of them.
>>
>>10605904
>Everything in Texas is shit. Don't come to texas.
>>
>>10605894

Man I'm jelly as fuck.

I would go to every con within a few hours driving distance, big or small. If any of them fucking opened in my shithole of a state.
>>
>>10605894
Akon and Afest are good most years.
I liked SanJapan, but I think there is some con head drama I am not aware of.
I have heard fun things about Okashicon for people interested in Jfashion but I haven't been yet.
>>
File: here we go again....jpg (58 KB, 330x630)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>10601180
Every. Single.Year. with this shit, lol. Every year since 2015 you Karens throw a fit. Just let people enjoy themselves, gull. If it's not for you then just...don't go? Buy you always gotta speak with the manager and throw tantrums.
>>
>>10606437
I will be shitting on AM until they fold up.

I will judge anyone who openly supports them.

If you support AM you might as well be a nazi supporter since they're okay with them.
>>
>>10606437
idk why you photoshopped a dress on; the complaints are legit ones not related to the character of the owners this time and completely unrelated to the gripes the lolita community has with the Leighs.
>>
>>10605581
There is an ikkicon thread up but seeing how the other threads on /cgl/ turned into a retarded shitpost fest about anyone going basically being the next hitler, it's not hard to see why people are playing it silent.

Quite a few people I know are going but no one is mentioning it because the amount of shit coming down from other anons crying is enough to kill any fun. I'm going but playing it quiet simply because just mentioning the IDEA of attending a con was enough to shit up the discord I was in for a full day. Just not worth the headache, I'm going to go, have fun, and then debate when/if I share my photos out
>>
File: 470.jpg (3.11 MB, 4032x2268)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>10606480
>>10606484
See what I mean?

Also, did you know that AM makes the City if Houston so much money that it's actually been declared a citywide holiday? I thought they didn't pay taxes or whatever? Don't they like, owe rent or whatever? Your girls are so clueless

>I heard from my friends Ex's cousin who volunteered one day at AM that the city is INCHES away from shutting down the event because of unpaid taxes and rent

Bruh, the city OWNS the convention center. And AM was declared a citywide HOLIDAY during the previous event, BY THE MAYOR HIMSELF! you think he is gonna make "Anime Matsuri Day" a thing if they owe the city even a cent??! You want some REAL insider knowledge? The city will never let AM die because they are EXTREMELY profitable. I work for Houston First (A local government corp who manages downtown buildings and affairs) and trust me, AM isn't going ANYWHERE
>>
>>10606499
I don't give a shit one way or the other, but tbhwuf, the more people bitching about AM being dogshit and keeping the karen's at bay the better. The average normal fun cosplayer who probably won't stick their nose up at anyone drinking beer or in "premade cringe cosplay" the better.
>>
>>10606500
Karens are the ones bitching lol that's why they are...Karens.
>>
>>10606501
Oh I know, one time at AM went to the CGL meetup only to be met by some who got pissy when a few anons and myself all were going to a bar in cosplay. Was like 5 minutes of speaking out loud to themselves about how our premade cosplay was dogshit, and how cosplaying in public the way we were was "yikes" and "cringe".

If Karens want to stay away, not going to stop them.
>>
>>10606503
Oh man, it's gotten so bad that there are literal anti AM gossip panels at small hotel cons in the area. It's like a weeb HOA meeting. Meanwhile people who attend AM (and the city, who profits from AM) could care less what a group of angry Karens has to say. It's refreshing. And, I gotta say...It's fun to watch them try and fail year after year.
>>
>>10606499
Kek, all I said was last minute cancellations sound like legit complaints so it was dumb to accuse it of being lolitas in your pic when the reason we avoid it is the personal issues with the owners, and you just want to characterize it as "karening" for saying someone's opinion is valid because a con failed to deliver (afaik, I assume they are telling the truth)

I'm sure AM makes tons of money with crusty weebs like you licking its asshole and shilling so hard logic flies out the window. I dislike it cause Houston is a shitty city apart from the food, but don't generally have an issue with anyone else going. At the same time, if someone wants to gripe about an issue they have with AM or times they fell short, they are free to provide that info and let people decide for themselves what they think.
>>
>>10606534
I bet you yell at the waiter because your food came out later than you expected, even though the restaurant is slammed.
>>
>>10606534
Not that anon but most weebs probably have no idea what you are talking about. Normal weeb would not know or care what tax shit has to do with them going and buying an overpriced tshirt, or seeing funny voice actor man say a funny meme. The real funny mess I see is how you know people are complaining non stop only to turn around and most likely attend the con. I don't care that much for AM, but to think your average person who just wants to go to an anime festival gives a shit or should is just water fountain gossip levels of silly.

This shit is more on par with people complaining about chick fil a because it's not open sundays, then wondering why no one really cares other than twitter cliques.
>>
>>10606581
I never complained about tax shit or defended the complaints about that. The complaints about the actual event itself are the only ones I was saying were valid to bring up since it potentially affects congoer's experiences. People can share what it was like for them so others can decide if they want to go.

>>10606569
That has nothing to do with a con having planning issues they don't notify attendees of, (or their owner sexually harassing young girls, but that only applies to lolitas, not your standard greasy weeb or normie-tier lite-weebs that are going to cons so it's fair for people to ignore that if they aren't in the group of people at risk of being creeped on). I used to work in the service industry and tip well and if there is a problem I just nicely ask for it to be resolved like any normal human would. Everyone who thinks it is fine to acknowledge a dislike, disagreement, or problem with something isn't the Stacey turned Karen who bullied you in high school, anon. You can resolve a conflict or address an issue without defaulting to the maximum level of aggression. At least, I can, AM shill anons itt seemingly can't help but ree, talk about AM having its own holiday, and claim people want to shut down the whole con anytime someone has anything less than positive to say.

The fact that a couple of dick cheese scented autists on cgl wants everyone to attend so badly is weird makes me feel like it'd be an awful experience just being at any con in the same zip code as them.
>>
>>10606496
The audacity... I'm fully vaccinated, and I'm sure lots of other people attending are as well. Not to mention the online component. I don't see anyone complaining in my local comm.
>>
>>10606569
Nice false equivalency, ass. Go, overpay to grope some booth sluts, but don't come back whining when it sucked, the vendor hall was empty, and you caught a disease.
>>
>>10606499
SCREE Shills like you are why I'll scream back.

You want to defend AM? I'll wonder back how big is your Aryan Nation tattoo.
>>
File: DZlPvIaU8AA9zJz.jpg (101 KB, 900x1200)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>10606610
Literal Nazis but okay keep defending them because "mistakes were made."
>>
>>10606615
This was fucking hilarious and you will never convince me otherwise.

The only thing funnier is the mental gymnastics people go through to blame one attendees costume choices an event with millions of square feet of space
>>
>>10606610
Not bigger than Proz's, that's for sure.
>>
>>10606587
Still going, seethe.
>>
Is this seriously what neo-cgl will be post covid? Holy fuck it was bad enough before the coof struck but this shit is garbage.
>>
>>10606628
I literally don't care that you're going. I genuinely hope you have fun, anon, because you seem to have a lot of pent up aggression from a lack of love or human connection.
>>
>>10567891
>going to cons to see "guests"
I can already tell youre the fatfuck who wastes money on merch and sleeps at 8pm on friday.
>>
>>10606631
Honey you must be new. This is the same shit that's been going for years about AM. Shills versus Gulls. This shit will never end until one side dies.
>>
File: LiterallyyouRN.png (648 KB, 1080x1352)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>>10606638
>>
So this is the effect on Cali transplants to the state.

Really activates my neurons
>>
>>10606704
I wish Cali folks would leave their politics in Cali :'(
>>
>>10567780
You pansy ass maskers need to die off as soon as possible. Let the rest of the world live their lives.
>>
>>10606691

nayrt but damn y'all have so much free time you waste it making meme edits for cgl replies?
>>
>>10606858
Hey there welcome to 4channel.org
>>
>>10606704
To what are you referring specifically?

>>10606705
>>10606708
Yes.
>>
>>10606615
Nah you're just part of the outrage mob that's overtaken people's rationality these days, dude is clearly cosplaying to get a rise out of people and it definitely worked by your reaction. A vendor was selling a portrait of Hitler many years back and no one said shit because there was no nazi boogeyman garbage in the news 24/7.
>>
>>10606708
I've always admired the conservatives total disregard for human life while they try to pretend they are morally superior to everyone.
>>
>>10606940
>I've always admired the liberals total disregard for human life while they try to pretend they are morally superior to everyone.
Fixed.
>>
>>10606480
>I will judge anyone who openly supports them
too bad you dont judge what you eat fatty lmao
>>
>>10606940
>horseshoe theory proven the post
>>
>>10606858
>You have time to make reaction images?

Is...this your first day in the internet or something?
>>
>>10607083

nah I'm just a busy person, i only have time to check cgl here and there and put the rest of it into my hobbies
>>
>>10607100
stop attending so many blm riots then.
>>
>>10606499
You do know that’s just a one day holiday with no repeats to continue that supposedly holiday. The city does this to a bunch of events. AM aren’t special, they just another event the city is getting promotional tourism.
>>
So does that mean that people will be mad when they find out that AM has downgraded the maid and butler cafe?
>>
>>10606858
You do realize this is an image board, don't you?
>>
>>10607517
I imagine MOST japanese guests and events will be affected in one way or another due to Covid. Have they been advertising @home and swallowtail for 2021? I know those 2 companies have been coming to AM from Japan for the past few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can't make it this year because of travel restrictions.
>>
>>10607592
I just looked, they aren't even selling tickets to a maid and butler cafe on their sales page. So I'm assuming you're right. That sucks, I do artist alley every year and the @home maids were a yearly thing for me, but I get it, Japan has barely started vaccinations.... Also, FUCK I tried to go ahead and reserve an AA table and it looks like they are already sold out....it's usually not sold out until the month of the event. Guess I'm just an attendee this year :'(
>>
>>10607588
But there’s so many paragraphs of debacle and insults. So choose anon.
>>
>>10607596
I'm waiting for the announcements that Toho isn't coming, Racing Miku isn't showing up and there won't be any international guests.

It's not if. It's when. I will be cackling so hard when I see on social media that AM once again ripped them off. They never ever learn then I can yell at them a giant told you so.
>>
>>10607631
The racing Miku car has already been delivered and is in Houston, so I'm pretty positive that's is happening, lol.

TOHO came to the previous event and had a very profitable visit. In fact, a Representative from TOHO themselves is announcing their involvement in AM2021 in this video. (1m5s timestamp)

https://youtu.be/hHTxni8a18w

I always have a great time, IDK why a bunch of Karens try and shut AM down every year.

Sometimes things fall through and plans change, sure. And that's understandable, can't expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time. Then again, I'm not the type to shout and complain at people just trying to do their jobs. These "I'd like to speak to the manager" types are super cringe... I have a good time every year, regardless.
>>
>>10607631
AM is an official sponsor of Racing Miku, LOL! Of course they are coming. They even advertise AM on their car! Oh my god do you do ANY research? Or do you just spout off BS
>>
>>10607645
>>10607648

I like how fast AM defenders will get on a thread defending this shit con.

Proof that AM higher ups are watching this because they can't stand being trashed on.
>>
>>10607670
Bruh, if a post on 4-Chan meets your qualifications for "proof" then it's no wonder why your boycott failed, LOL.
>>
>>10607670
Oh snap, it's almost as if Con-goers from Houston would be reading a Thread about Texas conventions!
>>
>>10607631
>thinking any guest gives a fuck about gossip when they are going to be handed a decent paycheck
Yeah anon, I'm *really* sure they are going to care about some posts on a image board on the internet over possible contracts and or this thing called getting paid.
>>
>>10607670
be less of a cunt
youll age better
>>
File: suingafest.png (39 KB, 1019x164)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
Someone is claiming that they're going to sue AFest. What a dumb cunt.
>>
>>10607866
BAAAAhahahaha I swear anime fans are a different breed of dumb.
>>
>>10607866
>>10607873
Can't tell who is the dumb one here, the one sourcing a discord post/rant or the person ranting about Afest on discord.
>>
>>10607670
It’s actually true. Someone that used to work for John and Deneice has said that they actually made a few higher ups troll folks in here and jokes on them, they are the ones being rick rolled because they are the replacements of the ones that didn’t do the trolling right.
>>
>>10607866
They got the "I am entitled" part right at least.
>>
>>10607891
>It's actually true

>I heard from this guy once that said so

Pfft. Oh come on you aren't even trying anymore. Is it so shocking to you that people actually like the event? 3 boycott attempts and zero results, and do you know why? Because your arguments always boil down to

>"I heard from this person once"

I like the event, thousands of others go every year. You should go, and just try to have fun for once. Trust me, your not making any friends being THAT girl....you know THAT girl

>This restaurant sucks

>Why do you wear that brand, it's gross

>OMG look at how ugly X is

>I don't get why people enjoy Y it's SOOOO bad

Ok we get it, you think you are superior to everyone.
>>
>>10607895
Well, come back when they do scam on you anon. It’s not like you’re going to enjoy it to the fullest if you’re in here praising AM to begin with.
>>
>>10607900
I've gone every single year since 2017, and have never had a bad experience.

Sure, sometimes appearances are cancelled, sometimes lines are long, and shows are delayed.

But I'm also not some entitled Karen who thinks the world revolves around them and that everything has to be perfect 100% of the time.

These events are ran by people, and people are far from perfect. Trust me, I work in customer service for a mom and pop retail chain and HOWDY, Karens are the bane of my existence.

I still have a good time at AM, and the things they DO bring I appreciate and enjoy.
>>
>>10607902

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE TENS OF THOUSAND DOLLAR K-POP CONCERT COMPLETE WITH PYROTECHNICS, FULL PRODUCTION LIGHTING AND STAGING THAT WAS WAS INCLUDED FOR FREE IN MY $70 BADGE WAS DELAYED BY AN HOUR?! I DEMAND A FULL REFUND AND VIP ACCESS FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND OR IM BOYCOTTING!!!

*Furiously types to her 100 twitter followers*

Weebs are so entitled, lmao
>>
>>10607904
So it's perfectly acceptable when shit is two to three hours late? AM is notorious for that every single year. If it was one off then w/e. Instead they've done shit like that for over a decade. They never take accountability blaming everyone but themselves.

Gfy AM.
>>
>>10608087
Yes it is perfectly acceptable you self-centered entitled Karen. No amount of complaining and speaking to the manager will change the outcome.

Every year is a different situation, with different challenges and scenarios. And human beings have flaws. I see a group of about 20 people (Maybe) trying their best to organize a show for tens of thousands of people. I'm chill with waiting a couple extra hours for a full production stage show. Especially when Its included in my $70 badge for free.

Shows like AX charge you for every separate event and concert, and even they run late and are delayed most years.

I've never worked in the show running biz but I imagine no 2 shows are the same, and as a human I'm (and most people are) willing to cut some slack. Go shout at a waiter or something.
>>
>>10608087
have you ever like...been to a real life concert before?

when do things like that EVER start on time?

sure, 2-3 hours is a little excessive, but an hour or so delay is perfectly normal.

go outside and touch some grass anon.
>>
>>10608131
Right?? And dude I get to see a CHART TOPPING K-Pop group (A-pink) IN HOUSTON for 70$!? It was included in the price of my badge?! That's nuts. K-pop concerts in the us are $200 minimum. And that's for shit-tier seating. Shit, delay for 6 hours IDGAF lol.
>>
>>10608087
So y’all clearly haven’t gone to a normal Japanese or South Korean concert? As far as I know, they start on time or at least up to 15 minutes. They don’t really joke about time frame in Japan or even on South Korean.

>>10608138
You forgot to add your badge price

>>10608131
Those events has a cap limit. I REPEAT, A CAP LIMIT. Plus it fills out. AM is still nowhere close to that type of attendance.
>>
>>10608523
$70 IS the badge price. I clearly said so.

>70$!? It was included in the price of my badge?!

Read much?

>As far as I know they start on time or..

Ok...if you're starting your point off with "as far as I know" you have no clue what you're talking about.

I don't think I can take you seriously because you have the reading comprehension skills of a fourth grader.

And a couple hours late is perfectly acceptable for a full production concert that is included with my badge.
>>
>>10608523
>You forgot to add your badge price

Wait...you didn't know the K-POP concert was included with your badge price?

You're out here shit talking and complaining about an event you don't even know the details of?

>It's bad because....well.. idk anything about it but it's just bad ok?

Jesus Christ

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.