[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Weeb Florida.png (877 KB, 1000x1000)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
Floridanons, what convention are you going to next? Are you planning on meeting any friends there or are you going alone?
Everyone else, are you remembering to keep both masks on before you go to bed? Remember, over the nose!
>>
I'm at SuperFanCon right now and uh... It's not great. Decent selection of shops for the size I suppose, but not much of it is anime themed. Best I can say is it's better than last year's, which had like 30 people overall. I hope that isn't an indication of what Mizucon will be like in June, since they both were / will be at the same location. Apparently there's a cosplay event at the end of the month nearby. Too far to come out here again I imagine.
>>
Got everything lined up to do metrocon in July. My body is ready
>>
>>10570409
Mizucon moved to Dragoncon weekend
>>
>>10570755
I havent been to Metrocon in over a decade, how is it?
>>
I'm going to be away from florida the entire summer for an internship and will miss the big cons I am so mad
>>
>>10575448
Same here last one was 2010.
>>
If cons aren't canceled, I plan on eliminating my last few brain cells at matsuri.
>>
>>10575448
>>10579736
This will be my first time going so I'm pretty excited. Got my buddy and I vip weekend passes and the hotel within walking distance
>>
>>10567102
*laughs in living in a ghetto with zero law enforcement / no compliance*
... Honestly though we're now JUST being allowed to sit inside and our local tea shop (30 miles away) managed to survive 2020. We're plotting a gathering, but it's worse then herding cats. It's like people forgot how to drive to a place and be there on time to meet people.
>>
Figured I'd as here: Any south florida anons familiar with the lolita comms around here? Ive been trying to find info on a tampa or st pete lolita comm but no luck and Metrocons not until July where I can meet some other Lolita's irl.
>>
>>10580109
Same
>>
>>10586699
>*laughs in living in a ghetto with zero law enforcement / no compliance*

I know this feel. We’re lucky if people wear shirts, forget masking.
>>
>>10570755
>>10579736
Fuck yeah. I love going to the anime room at 1am and sleeping or watching the more obscure anime. It's comfy as hell.

Metrocon really is one of the best cons.

I'm surprised tampa anime day had a convention this year.

Any good cons around the lakeland area? I know they tried to do a lakeland anime con but I expect that it was sub par. Lakeland's got fuckin nothing, I have to go to either tampa or orlando for any con that's good
>>
>>10596092
>Metrocon really is one of the best cons.
Nice! I got the weekend vip tickets and the hotel within walking distance. Looking forward to the new experience. Been working on cosplay stuff a bit this week and getting all worked up.
>>
>soonest con is in summer
>>
>>10575442
I am debating which one of these would be better to attend. Have been to neither and while DragonCon is bigger I am not sure about how covid law differs in Georgia so leaning towards Mizucon.
>>
>>10597397
I have never been to DragonCon either (though I stayed at the Hyatt where it was being held on the exact same time back in 2000), but I can tell you this: MizuCon 2017 was the second smallest con I've ever been to. I liked it well enough, and their selection of shops was surprsingly decent. THAT BEING SAID, the absolute smallest con I did was at the exact same hotel that Mizucon booked for this year. Tiny vendor hall, no guests, a couple panels for the entire day, maybe 30 people in total. So make of that what you will. DragonCon would be the obvious choice...except I don't expect them to actually go through with it.
>>
>>10597410
>except I don't expect them to actually go through with it.

That’s a valid point. Also I am already doing MegaCon and HolMat. Maybe that’s enough for this year. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>10597397
>>10597410
I did DragonCon about 5 years ago and it ruined every other convention for me, it is so good.
>>
File: Justin Trudeau.jpg (10 KB, 255x192)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
WHERE IS A LIST OF CONS I CAN ATTEND IN FLORIDA FOR THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2021??
>>
>>10603166
Here ya go.

>Anime Festival Orlando 2021 - June 25-27
>Metrocon 2021 - July 23-25 - Tampa
>Omni Fandom Expo 2021 - August 6-8 - Kissimmee
>MegaCon Orlando 2021 - August 12-15 - Orlando
>Mizucon 2021 - September 4-6 - Miami
>Supercon 2021 - September 10-12 - Miami Beach
>Ancient City Con 2021 - September 17-19 - St. Augustine
>WasabiCon 2021 - October 16-17 - Jacksonville
>Lumi-Con 2021 - October 29-31 - Tampa
>Anime Iwai 2021 - November 12-14 - Ft. Lauderdale
>Holiday Matsuri 2021 - December 17-19 - Orlando
>>
>>10575442
Mizucon has betters odds of happening. Atlanta is cucked as fuck
>>
File: N.............png (75 KB, 474x497)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>10603178
>Anime Festival Orlando 2021
>>
>>10603306

How is Florida fine with having packed UFC events but cons are a no go?

Is this really only because cons are run by retarded lib fucks?
>>
>>10603353

>Is this really only because cons are run by retarded lib fucks?

Bingo tranny faggots
>>
>>10603306
....Well, shit. Clearly they need to update their website then.
>>
>>10603353
A lot of the people that run them and a lot of the attendees. On the bright side, won't have to run into any of them at the cons that still happen
>>
>>10603353
Otakufest seemed to have 0 issues running and that was in Janurary or something.

>Is this really only because cons are run by retarded lib fucks?
More likely the Karens of the world are screeching this thing to a halt before anything. Looking at the blowback by keyboard warriors on other con threads/facebook caps guessing that might have some factor into it. Only other thing I could think of is the convention center could be doing remodeling? A few people I know working in construction have been busy as a bee remodeling places prior to reopening.

Would be interested to see if the convention center even has other bookings around that time.
>>
>>10603178

Tampa Bay Comic Convention is happening .. weekend of July 30th..

Between this and Metrocon which one is more of a party con or is it not even comparable and Metrocon blows it out of the water?

Kinda funny to see two cons in the same city this close together.
>>
File: Supercon.png (554 KB, 1151x254)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
Bump

https://www.floridasupercon.com/en-us/about/a-statement-from-reedpop.html
>>
>>10610888

Another worthless con with restrictions up the ass in fucking September.
>>
Surprised to see Dragoncon doesn’t mention COVID whatsoever on their website.
>>
>>10610920

I live in ATL so I'll be going no matter what lame policies they have. But if they actually end up being brave enough to do a full event I'll be impressed.

I mean Mercedes Benz and Truist Park are committed to regular full stadiums.. Yeah yeah it's mostly outdoors but let me tell you the surrounding bars and venues are packed shoulder to shoulder no masks.

Though it's odd to see cons like >>10610888 having full restrictions in Florida in September, not very comforting.
>>
The first anime convention that has zero restrictions, i will be going there
>>
What’s the party scene like at Metrocon brothers n sisters?
>>
>>10590283
seconding
>>
>>10610909
It's Florida, the restrictions are lifted you dipshit.
>>
>>10610909
Just make your own fun, it's really not that hard. Otakufest was, for me and many others, maybe 20% actual con and 80% hanging out nearby or offsite entirely. This one's going to be considerably bigger too, so I'm not at all worried.
>>
Any hotel recommendations for Metrocon? Any discord groups you can point me in the direction of?
>>
>>10611257

We will be running all our shows with reduced capacity. With our new safety precautions in place, attendance and badges will be very limited so that we can ensure physical distancing. We’re working closely with each convention center to determine how many people are permitted in the building every day and at a given time.

We are requiring approved face coverings for all individuals attending our events, including our exhibitors and staff. They must be worn at all times within our venues. For more information, you can visit the FAQ pages on each of our show websites.

Temperature screening upon entry will be required to enter our events. Anyone with an elevated temperature will not be permitted to enter the event.

We will have increased sanitization and cleaning with enforced physical distancing throughout the event.

We have also adopted a firm no handshakes, no high-fives, no hugs policy. We’re all going to have to get very smooth and cool-looking at either the elbow bump or air high-fives. Please start practicing now.
>>
>>10611424
YIKES expect no attendance
>>
>>10611424
The same thing happening with awesome con, animenyc, and new york comic con.

Say goodbye to ticket sales. Because no one, even vaccinated will attend a no-fun con.

https://youtu.be/RYfwElT8hMc
>>
>>10611424
[citation needed]
>>
>>10611424
>>10611695
DragonCon it is and I hope it delivers full attendence.
>>
>>10611691
>>10611695

Do you have to inhale all of your breath directly from another person's mouthhole and wait in long lines for shit to have fun at a con? The fun stuff is usually panels, meeting friends, side parties (the latter two can happen outside the actual con and therefore don't have to be subject to the restrictions)
>>
>>10611780
Finally, someone who gets it. I've noticed there's a new breed of "doomer" on here too-- people who say the cons will happen but think they'll suck. I guess they're more likely to attend than the other kind but who knows?
>>
>>10611783
Attendence or NOT the damage is already did anyone from ReedPop not fucking see how Braves and other stadiums in full attendence with no problems. Do they really want to ruin the con scene this badly.
>>
>>10611790
>attendance or not
>they ruined the con scene bc of attendance
>>
>>10611796
The fake pandemic is NOT an excuse.
>>
It will be nice knowing that when I attend the next CON I will be in good company among others who don’t give a full damn about the virus.
>>
>>10611790
ReedPop was messing things up already desu. SuperCon 2019 had almost nothing to do after dark cause they removed all the interesting panels. Quite pointless, since all the kids and parents are gone by then anyway. Whatever the case, I'm not concerned about minor things like "No handshakes and high five's." With one exception, each of the four 2021 cons was bigger than the last so this one will probably pan out alright. And if not, I'll do what I always do and look for con-related, adjacent stuff.
>>
>>10611746
IT'S ON THE DAMN LINK OF THE WEBSITE

https://www.floridasupercon.com/en-us/about/a-statement-from-reedpop.html
>>
CDC LIFTS INDOOR MASK MANDATES FOR “VACCINATED” INDIVIDUALS. It’s going down my friends.
>>
>>10611851
Link for those that want to read more on this:
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-plans-drop-mask-requirements-fully-vaccinated-people-n1267249
(DESU I thought that anon was full of shit, but this is real).

Glad to hear this, but cons will still be requiring masks throughout the rest of the year and likely into next year.
>>
>>10611860
This is really cool. Glad there is enough evidence that vaccination reduces transmission for them to do this. I wish there were more consistent accurate ways to show you're vaccinated like there are in other places in the US cause a stupid card that has been forged by people already isn't really all that reliable. But either way hopefully vaccination rates go up more now that younger kids can get it and we can be back to normal.

Of course cons and other places want to still have mask requirements because not everyone is vaccinated/herd immunity is still a little ways away. If we can just hit that mark, things will go back to normal quickly. The first step is likely trying to get stuff approved for even younger kids and get them vaccinated as soon as possible to reduce transmission from sending kids back to school without social distancing measures.
>>
>>10611866
You are so gay.
>>
>>10611872
I am extremely gay, thanks.
>>
>hold your horses let’s not get too excited! We still won’t be allowed to have fun!! If only we could spend a lot of money on an internal database to track everyone so we can make sure they are injecting our vaccine!
>>
>>10611336
I got my room at embassy suites
>>
>>10613723
Hello anon. Are you pretty hyped? Or just cautiously optimistic?
>>
File: hypedasfug.png (18 KB, 605x261)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>10614285
not op but I'm hyped.

I'm optimistic about the restrictions based on their messaging, and on the info it still says they're running until 3AM on friday/saturday so that's cool. A lot of other cons are doing this bulllshit ending hours early because of covid crap.

I hope they let me do extended checkout the mad dash in the morning is always rough.
>>
File: 1549983151296.jpg (189 KB, 1242x1550)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>getting fully vaccinated by the end of June
>started a new full-time

Fucking hyped bros. I haven't been to a con since MAGfest back in 2016. Can't wait to hit up Metrocon since I live 2 hours away. Any room parties planned?
>>
>>10611243
It's aight, nothin to write home about. Might scratch an party itch if you need it scratched but thats about it imo.
>>
>>10603178
Can’t wait for HolMat.
>>
never been to a FL con and a lot of my friends are talking about holmat, is it worth it to come from out of state?
>>
>>10628319

I drove there ~6 hours from Atlanta.

I liked it, definitely planning on doing it this year assuming they don't have any annoying restrictions.

>>10619784
What took you so long.. Vaccines have been widely available for months now.
>>
>>10567102
no plans yet
>>
Any SFL lolitas? I've been desperate for company and a reason to buy more beautiful dresses.
>>
>>10590283
>info

Try the Central Florida Lolita Society.
Be prepared to wear a mask or be vaccinated. They be at MetroCon running panels and a fashion show.
>>
>booked metrocon
Never done a con on that side of the state or that con for that matter. Hope I didn't gloss over a post about it but is there a tl;dr on what this is like? I checked some of the archives on it seems to be an overall chill con with a fairly party-ish vibe, seems mostly like positive responses. Anything a first time goer should be aware of? Got booked at the hilton for a decent rate, just unsure what's around that part of town.

Any fairly decent priced places to grab some food or drinks around there. I get it's downtown tampa and all but would prefer not to eat at subway for a basic meal everyday. Googling really wasn't all that useful.
>>
>>10634738
pretty classic congoer-oriented anime con, somehing florida doesn't have a lot of these days. known for its rave which is pretty fun (though you'll have to sneak in alcohol or any other substances you wanna bring - and they check pretty thoroughly). also known for the shows they run (cosplay chess match, fire shows, a few others), though i've never actually been to any so i can't tell you if they're worthwhile. the venue itself is decent, on the smaller side but the outdoors area in the back facing the bay is really pretty and always lively. the embassy suites is a pretty nice host hotel, big rooms and the way all the balconies face each other makes it good for meeting others. direct access to the convention center is nice.
not an amazing con, but certainly one of the better ones we have in this state.
>>
Going to ocala comic con in September with my girlfriend. She's going as inuyasha and I'm going as a dude version of kagome.
>>
File: 1447785663814.png (176 KB, 377x377)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
just moved to Jacksonville area and I don't even wanna go outside anymore as there are too many ghetto thugs and Trump supporters, so that's great.
>>
>>10635115
Welcome Home! Your a JacksonVillain now, don't for get to beware of the mafia downtown & the corrupt cops, always fun times! This place is Gotham City without a Batman.
> But Jacksonville AnimeDay is pretty good every year, as a fun one day meet up for like 5 bucks!
> Bold Matsuri is a much sightly bigger con with great guest like Johhny Young Bosch & David Matranga. At $30 for the weekend its a real deal.
>Then there is WasabiCon the biggest con in the area taking place in the massive Prime Obsorn Convention Center at the heart of downtown Jax, you can walk do to the waterfront and take group cosplay shots.
Only $50 for admission.
> Downtown Jax has many hotels ,bars, 4 star restuantants, art galleries, even a secret sandwich shop hidden in a bank vault. If you only give this city a chance it has many hidden gems.
Why am I like this? If you don't support your community it dies.
> WARNING: DONT BE OUTSIDE IN JAX DOWNTOWN from 10pm to 6 am ,ITS HOSTILE! >> But most hotels are owned and operated by the mafia and protected by their corrupt cops so you will be safe in your room.
>>
>>10635068

>known for its rave which is pretty fun (though you'll have to sneak in alcohol or any other substances you wanna bring - and they check pretty thoroughly)

Into the con or into the rave?

I don't care about bringing drinks into the rave but I don't wanna be hassled while walking around the convention.

>not an amazing con, but certainly one of the better ones we have in this state.

How does this con compare to Holiday Matsuri? That's the only other Florida con i've been to
>>
>>10635068
Hey thanks, never been to Tampa with the intention of a con or downtown Tampa for that matter. Good to know the other archive posts tend to be in line then since I kinda booked without looking too much into it other than "con happening". Hotel is close enough that if I need booze that badly, right now just trying to figure out game plan for getting around. I've never done the light rail there but guessing it's about as okay as you get with public transportation for the state.

Is 7th street safe/okay enough to get to via the light rail? looks like it's a 15 minute ride from the con center so for friends and meets was wondering about just going up there for food and drink. Would rather trek 15 minutes for less a wait than burn time standing in crowded food stands by the con.

>>10635526
>I don't wanna be hassled while walking around the convention.
Just do what every single other con goer does here. Fill up a gatorade bottle or something with booze, and walk in with it looking sealed. Unless they smell it on you while walking in or you are obviously drunk as piss doubt anyone would care. I don't think I've been to a con in FL where obvious alcohol use wasn't everywhere.
>>
https://register.growtix.com/schedules/frontend/METROCON_2021

Schedule is out. Surprised how early it is
>>
>>10635526
panels and shows are better than Holimat, video game room is much lower quality and overall vibe isn't as fun, I do love a christmas party though. but it is officially a family friendly con so you will have to keep any sort of intoxication to a minimum.
>>
>>10637488

>will have to keep any sort of intoxication to a minimum.

Uh oh. Ah well I like to maintain a steady tipsiness anyway. Hopefully we can find some chill people at the hotel. This is just an appetizer for Dragoncon
>>
>>10637493
Dragoncon blows everything I've done out of the water. It's unreal how good it is. if you can snag tickets to the night at the aquarium do it.
>>
>>10637488
>it is officially a family friendly con so you will have to keep any sort of intoxication to a minimum.
More like don't walk in with a clearly marked drink full of booze.
1. Drink
2. Make sure you are not reeking of booze
3. Keep your mouth fucking shut around staff
4. Enjoy
It's florida, everyone attending a convention in the second half of july is already on something. Just all about how you handle yourself, I know some people who can get well drunk but socially be fine and others who can drink 3 beers and be destroyed. Just check yourself before walking in.
>>
>>10635526
Into the rave. Getting into the con is just a regular bag check, and I don’t think alcohol is what they’re looking for anyways. Rave is a different story, they will check your pockets, wallet, etc. for drugs/alcohol. At least that’s the way it’s been when I’ve gone.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.