[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613521959927.jpg (483 KB, 2500x2544)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
If I want the most ultra realistic robot mask, where do I go to?

I'm considering making it myself but it's probably too much for me.
I'd even like it to have programmable LED displays for eyes and mouth so I can change my expression on the go.
>>
>>10563715
>If I want the most ultra realistic robot mask, where do I go to
DIY
>I'm considering making it myself but it's probably too much for me.
It will be
>I'd even like it to have programmable LED displays for eyes and mouth so I can change my expression on the go.
I don't think you understand how much effort went into making the original Daft Punk helmets, even with a modern raspberry pi
>>
>>10563927
>I don't think you understand how much effort went into making the original Daft Punk helmets
That's why I'm here, tell me.
>>
>>10563928
>spoonfeed me, i want to engineer this complicated thing but i don’t want to do any of the engineering work or google basic info on daft punk helmets
>>
>>10563930
Why reinvent the wheel, wasted time.
>>
>>10563715

You are going to have to 3D print the mask and look up Arduino on youtube for starters.
>>
>>10563935
you're wasting time trying to get spoonfed here. Looks like you don't even know what questions to ask to get started. Go look up tutorials for stuff you're interested in. They'll actually go over stuff you need to know in order and with parts lists.
>>
Few options:
- 3D print it
- Foam + hot glue
- Papercraft + covering (like fibreglass)
- Insulating foam and cleaver then mold it
>>
remember, always go to the help thread, people get moody when a simple thread over 1 specific thing is asked. It'll save you a lot of hassle.
I made a batman helmet almost 2 years ago, but it's very beginner/crack filled, because I wasn't able to sand it off in time. This was the vid I used, and this guy made it with paper mache as the setup with a heavy primer/spray paint layers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mG9E3iD4g
>>
>>10566941
They're perfectly happy to spam lolita threads though. Fuck them.
>>
File: helmet2.jpg (164 KB, 1277x921)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
Any good place to get transparent/mirrored face shields like pic?
>>
File: EU1O2dGUUAANcn3.jpg (131 KB, 1025x1537)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>10575994
Japan. Might ask Osashimi about details.
>>
>>10575994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IXwHmKU2g
I would check astronaut helmets. Adam Savage collects/builds them, so he might have links or resources on his space helmet videos.
>>
>>10563715
Etsy has a few like that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.