[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EppmrlDWwAAXpzo.jpg (192 KB, 1200x1166)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
So, if cons were proceeding as normal, what do you predict would be the most cosplayed franchises? Personally, I think Jujutsu Kaisen would be everywhere especially since the outfits are all black and fairly simple. Runner up being Genshin Impact because its lots of teens first gacha
>>
If cons went on as normal the big series you'd see this year would probably be MHA, Jujutsu Kaisen and Genshin Impact. Fire Emblem and Fate would be slowing down but still prevalent.
>>
Pokemon, lots of people doing half assed gijika, also Sailor Moon.
>>
MHA and KnY
>>
>>10561065
I mean at this point those are all just staples of cons. I'm talking more like flavors of the months/year
>>
>>10561093
nta but regarding Pokémon in particular, Sword and Shield had an insane amount of popularity for the NPC characters' designs, even more than I observed when Sun and Moon came out, so I think that anon is correct. I think you would have been seeing shitloads of costhot Marnie cosplays last spring/summer if cons hadn't all been cancelled.
>>
HoloLIVE- I predict this being the new thing the Vocaloid crowd jumps on.
>>
>>10561441
Went to Katsu right before rona times and yeah I saw some great Sw/Sh cosplay. They knocked it out the park with NPC designs. Shout out to a really cute Raihan I saw going the opposite way on an escalator as well as the Nessa I couldn't get a pic of bc my phone died right as I was snapping a pic and I didn't want to hold her up.
>>
It's interesting to think about how there were many fandoms that came and went over the past year and so there will never really be any cosplays for it because they'll be long gone by the time cons come back
I'm sure cons would've been filled with Helltaker characters or Among Us characters
>>
File: doggod.jpg (240 KB, 850x1203)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>10561657
I fucking hope so. I'm just dieing to see this outfit
>>
Resident Evil
>>
>>10561657
Nah, I think a subset of idol cosplayers will hop onto a few of the most popular girls, but it will never reach the same heights as any of the big shounen series in terms of cosplay, at least outside of Japan.
>>
>>10561037
If cons were active right now?
>Genshin
>Attack on Titan
>VTubers
>Demon Slayer
>Final Fantasy 7
>Haikyuu
>Persona 5
>Spideyverse characters
>Animal Crossing?
>Whatever memes were big and le funny (doomer girl/boy for example)
>Some FOTM Fate characters, mostly all girls save for Astolfo in the seifuku he wears ingame only for a few minutes
>JoJo, with a majority of part 5 and 6
And then those that never seem to disappear like Naruto, MHA, Pokemon, and so on.
>>
>>10561829
I hope so too, I actually really enjoy watching vtubers and would like to cosplay Coco myself.
>>
>>10561830
this looks awful
>>
File: rage3.gif (1.9 MB, 500x278)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>10561657
>predict this being the new thing the Vocaloid crowd jumps on.
This is visceral kind of feel. Fuck you.
>>
Definetly MHA, AOT, Genshin, all of the shitty pokemon gijinkas, you obligatory army of jedi and stormtroopers, amd maybe kakegurui
>>
deadpool
>>
>>10561037
definitely genshin, probably critical role and hades as i see them a lot on twitter rn
>>
>>10561829
I know a few ig cosplayers who have done this cosplay
>>
>>10561037
Outside of anime? Trek absolutely. One Anime con i went to had a trekkie con running at the same time (I think i had a double access pass, but never bothered going in) and pretty much everyone where was in some sort of uniform.
>>
>>10561867
This list basically, plus Jujutsu Kaisen.
>>
>>10561829
What do you call this kind of outfit or how would you describe it? I suck at describing outfits and explaining them to others
>>
>>10562297
I believe it's known as 'cosplay'
>>
>>10562297
It looks like an underbust jumper with a capelet, frilly blouse, and a beret of some sort

>>10562342
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>10562297
high waist skirt with lolita blouse and cape.
>>
>>10562455
>>10562458
Thank you friends
>>
>>10561678
I'm really disappointed about missing the helltaker cosplay season. I was planning on making pancakes and cosplaying helltaker but rona ruined everything.
>>
Just baiting, but redo of healer might be flavor of the month/season stuff
>>
>>10561037
Tf2, as always
>>
>>10561934
oh god no kakegurui I swear if my local con is filled with teenage girls doing the fucking tik tok dances in those shitting school uniforms im gonna kms
>>
>>10561037
Jujutsu isn't that popular IMO, doesn't have nearly the popularity of MHA or the current hype of AoT, which are going to reign supreme.
I think there will be a fairly high amount of KnY cosplayers, some Genshin Impact (but not that many), and a high amount of obese Lady Dimitrescus trying to cash in on the craze. It'll probably die out in a couple months though.
>>
File: picture.jpg (95 KB, 600x776)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Hopefully Evangelion
>>
One Piece will probably stay around, too.

I'm very fucking curious if we get some Redo the Healer fandom cosplays. For reasons.
>>
File: 440.png (189 KB, 680x195)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
Helltaker, sharp dressed demon girls is its selling Point
>>
File: bap.png (3.25 MB, 1832x2116)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
>>10565511
damn nice soldier cos
ive gone as engi, medic and spy in the past
hope to do more mercs in the future
>>
>>10572940
NAYRT but that looks very sick, very nice.
>>
Identity V, would have seen a shit ton of bad yarn wigs
>>
>>10572940
Does the Gunslinger go over the back of your hand, or do you have a stump?
>>
>>10581498
Look closer, the foam is glued to a glove.
>>
>>10581940
Ah, that's clever! It hides that so well, especially from that angle.
>>
>>10561037
It would still be MHA and Demon Slayer. I got sick of seeing Nezuko and Himiko Toga everywhere.
>>
A surprising thing I observed last Otakon was the amount of Naofumi/Shield Hero cosplay.

Another thing people haven't mentioned, Cells at Work is in its second season and we have Black now, so I imagine we would be seeing more of that.
>>
I really wanted to see Appare Ranman cosplay.
>>
I think Hades cosplays would have gotten pretty big, but they would mostly be shit because most cosplayers don't have the right body type for the characters.
>>
>>10584387
Only 6 people watched that show anon sorry
>>
>>10584436
Isn't that all cosplay fandoms?
>>
>>10584387
Same anon, same. Top tier comfy series. Me and a friend were planning on doing Appare and Kosame but since all cons have been postponed I don't think we'll ever get them done.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.