[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 128 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hv005_01.jpg (158 KB, 900x1200)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Last thread hit sage >>10554994
>>
I have never gone out of my way to wash a dress before selling it. I wash JSKs after anywhere from 2-4 wears, and if that lines up with when I sell it, then cool. But if it's 2 wears in and I decide I want to sell? too bad, can't be bothered
>>
>>10558927
Thats why i always wash dresses i buy
>>
on wardrobe posts i stop scrolling after main pieces. i couldnt care about people's accessory, sock, shoe, or bag collections if i tried unless someone has a really unique wardrobe or their staging is really excellent
>>
>>10558982
most people have wardrobe albums to keep track for themselves. no one cares that you dont care
>>
>>10558989
They're talking about stuff like the January wardrobe posts
>>
This might be blasphemy but.i’m gonna get this old IW sweets dress and alter it to become a cute normie dress. I mean it kind of sucks as lolita the shape is weird. But it would be a super cute otome thing if i got it altered to remove the poof
>>
>>10559001
Did you get that from CC? I saw this (or something similar) not too long ago and it’s so tacky but I still really like it. Idk if it would be possible but it would be as a pinafore
>>
>>10559012
*cute as a pinafore. I’m retarded and can’t fucking type
>>
>>10559001
You probably don't have to alter anything. Just don't wear a petticoat
>>
>>10559012
I didn’t buy it yet (waiting on tax return) but theres quite a few on Cc and mercari for about $50 usd each and all in good shape! I think it could also make an adorable apron if you had skills and added lace bordering. I like the print it reminds me of jane marple. Not lolita at all but it has promise as something else

>>10559015
Oooh you might be right, ok i’ll try it and see! I will most likely remove the bottom hanging lace though its giving me taobao -curtain vibes
>>
>>10559001
>sucks as lolita
>altered to remove the poof

Have you ever worn lolita in your life?
>>
>>10559018
>waiting on tax return
Me too. I filed early so I can get that sweet sweet burando bucks, already got my eye on a listing too!
>>
I get so jealous at other people’s wardrobes that for the longest time I didn't befriend people with similar styles as me or people who have a wardobe i want badly! I recently got over this and made friends but it is still hard to say congrats on a piece that they are so proud to own when i want that piece too! (Money isnt my problem because I’m spoiled its just I’m so busy I cant bother to be on the jp second hand market all day long)
>>
>>10559024
The word choice isn't great but it's clear what they meant. Sorry you're a moron who can only take things literally
>>
>>10559029
You can always ask to borrow a dress to wear, as long as you're not fat. My friends and I share dresses sometimes. Ik it's not the same but at least you'll get to wear it once.
>>
>>10559030
if you're going to samefag to defend yourself, hide your typing style.
>>
>>10559035
Not the same person but whatever makes you feel better
>>
>>10559033
Makes sense.. I fit into all brands but I am lowkey a hoarder though so i would still want it in my closet
>>
>>10559037
You have a problem.
>>
>>10559029
I feel the same way and have a burning hatred for girls in Japan that have easy access to lolita
>>
>>10559045
I agree.. trying to work things out and i feel like instagram is definitely the culprit
>>
>>10558921
i like the feeling of pooping in my petticoat.
>>
I use AngelFazce as fatspo. It all started when I was eating while scrolling insta, happened upon one of his AGP adult baby posts and threw up in my mouth instantly. I follow him with notifications turned on on insta, fb, twt and he's helped me lose enough weight to fit unshirred MM/VM.
>>
>>10559130
Ok, I'll take the bait. Why?
>>
>>10559141
Fuck maybe this is the secret to get me to stop stuffing my face and lose some damn weight. Thanks for the tip anon
>>
>>10559141
did he get banned from CoF finally? I remember a few folks trying to report him for the adult baby shit and haven't seen his posts in a while. Seeing his gross coords get more likes than actual lolitas was when I knew lolita facebook was truly dead.
>>
This is a more get it off your chest moment but I really hate what WF, Avina, hellobatty, and who the fuck else is in their woke group are really defining the tone of this community.

I don't really partake in any of it but it's hard to ignore the walking on eggshell feeling these days. Hopefully it will dissipate after a couple months but I doubt it considering that for them every day is another day to harp on not getting enough likes in a stagnating subset of fashion in between ig stories about people literally dying.
>>
>>10559141
but he doesn’t even post that stuff on his angelfazce accounts right??
>>
>>10558921
I own a huge amount of brand and have over 6k insta followers, my COF posts tend to do well, and I adore the fashion. But every time I try to wear it out of the house I get such huge anxiety about people staring at me/judging me/worse, recognising me from work/normie life that I freak out. It’s so bad that the last meet i went to, I didn’t wear a petti, so that nobody would stare at me on my way to the meet-up. I lied and said that I’d damaged my usual petti and was waiting for my new one to arrive
>>
File: 1525408747166.png (505 KB, 489x603)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>10559333
sounds like you need to step ya pussy up sis
>>
>>10559278
Just follow different people on instagram. Why are you walking on eggshells?
>>
>>10559278
Who's going to pull an uno reverse card and cancel those pearl clutchers?
>>
>>10559141
I’m so uncomfortable with him being allowed in the plus size server.
>>
File: 6hD9y2F.png (452 KB, 640x640)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>10559372
>>
>>10559354
How would you even go about doing that?
Not gonna lie, I have been tempted but I don't have a massive following on instagram so don't think it would achieve anything. Best you can hope for is people agreeing with you in private over pms anyway.
>>
>>10559320
yes he does.
>>
>>10559372
me too. he's disgusting. I stopped participating entirely when he joined.
>>
>>10559267
No, he posted yesterday iirc
>>
>>10559141
Honestly based, I need some weightlifting inspo so maybe I'll use him.
>>10559267
Why is he still allowed to post? Mods must absolutely know about the adult baby shit by now, they're just letting it happen. They could work on booting the other sissies out of CoF too
>>
>>10559439
It’s because the CoF mods baby men because uwu lolita is for everyone. Fine whatever. But his IG bio is literally a nabokov quote. Mixed with his partner being a diaper fetishist it doesn’t look good on his end.

Meanwhile girls with short skirts will be canceled as ddlg freaks on with 0 evidence just cause their knees are showing and they have long legs
>>
>>10559030
I think they’re implying that all Anon has to do is not wear a petticoat. The dress doesn’t even need to be altered
>>
>>10559491
I’m Op anon but i asked earlier about not wearing pettis for brand dresses and got told it would look like floppy shit. so I assumed any lolita skirts made for pettis, would need to be altered to not have a petti.anyway I’m still learning and new to this so i’ll try without the petti and just see
>>
>>10559372
he looks so awful
>>
>>10559278
they will literally lash out about anything, I left lolita twitter because of that. tired of seeing their shit.
>>
>>10559352
not OP, but unfortunately a lot of people I follow kiss their ass. I don't want to unfollow them because I know them IRL but it's annoying and scary to be cancelled over any little thing. These are the kinds of people who will say you aren't 'black enough' to comment on social issues.
>>
>>10559372
it's the (neck)beard for me, jeez I'm so glad every time I overbid him on lacemarket
>>
>>10559494
Classic brands inherently are made for less poof, or they have A-line skirts. Either of those situations tend to look fine with no petti.
>>
>>10559352

Who do you follow lmao. This shit used to be easy to ignore but I'd say the majority of who I follow these days is very much into reblogging whatever the woke crowd is into. I guess I could unfollow their stories but it's usually a mix of actually good stuff like nice coords so I'm a bit hesitant on that.

>>10559501
This. They're everywhere these days. Luckily I don't get bothered overtly about it but it's kind of annoying to be like "hmmm should I do an HP inspired coord or not because every transgender and their ally will be offended?" That sort of stuff. HP in itself wasn't even transphobic.
>>
>>10559333
6k is barely anything get over yourself
>>
>>10559533
lol anon 6k is pretty good for a lolita
>>
>>10559533
it is for lolita fashion accounts, 1k is average and 10k is “efamous” level
>>
>>10559504
tell us his lm user so we can blacklist pls
>>
>>10559538

Yeah, this does seem to be the case. And anything over 10k seems to be purely normies and creepsters, so 10k seems to be the sweet spot to top out at.
>>
I buy people dream dresses when they show up and they say they cant afford them. Then put them up for sale when I know they have money for them. I made a side account on LM so no one knows its me. I dont want their dresses to go to a scalper and just trying to look out for my friends
>>
>>10559588
That’s really nice of you. Also good thing to keep it a secret so people don’t end up taking advantage of you
>>
>>10559588
I did before, but instead I contacted them and sold it for the price I paid so I knew it wouldn’t go to anybody else
>>
>>10559588
that's so sweet, anon!
>>
I know a lot of girls can't help their anxiety about how the public perceives them, but I can't help but look down a little on people who can't wear the fashion in public without any social assistance. I'm fully aware how dumb this is, because I refuse to post on social media about my coords so I don't get someone snickering about how I wear too many solid otks or whatever. It feels more real to get mocked by people that at least pretend to know the fashion than from some dumb hick.
>>
>>10559629
lol ok now take a deep breath and explain what you mean in english
>>
>>10559588
Based, this is why I want to escape lonelita hell. I want to look out for my friends and for my friends to look out for me dammit
>>
>>10559629
i know what you mean anon - not every girl is used to the amount of attention lolita can draw and in some areas it can be really scary. not even "mean" comments, but men being total creeps, and that can be legitimately terrifying, or just exhausting.
when i see people say something to that effect, i try to give them the benefit of the doubt that their area is not the best for it.
>>
>>10559037
Relatable, I can’t imagine selling anything in my closet but I’ve hit max and have had to start storing things in storage boxes (don’t have space for a freestanding clothes rail) and what’s worse is I find something new I want to buy almost daily, trying to save and also need to put money aside to pay for car fixes but... burando....
>>
>>10559141
You're mentally ill
>>
>>10559333
Take advantage of covid and wear a mask, I genuinely feel like since I started having to wear a mask around I feel more comfortable out in Lolita, would also recommend a wig, no one you know irl would be able to recognise you, and hopefully that’ll ease you into wearing it in public and then you can start feeling more like yourself
>>
>>10559640
I totally agree.
>>10559629

I live in fucking SF home of ap and baby. and the ONLY time I have not been catcalled and approached by random men staring at me, is if I am wearing baggy sweatpants, hat, and a loose hoodie with the hood up covering my face. so I look like a dude essentially.
I have worn AP cutsews with jeans and got random men whistling and singing creepy songs at me.

I cannot imagine walking around the shadier areas in even a plain normal skirt, let alone lolita.

Like I would love to wear egl/jfash outside but some people have safety reasons why we don’t.
>>
>>10559649
anon, you realize you basically said you can't wear anything other than baggy clothes without being approached by men, right? that means you're basically admitting jfash has nothing to do with being approached.
>>
>>10559541
Same as all his other user names; angelfazce
>>
>>10559651
Yes?? I never said jfash exclusively has anything to do with being approached.

I just meant that i can’t wear anything even slightly cute or out of the ordinary in public for safety reasons. And what i want to wear and what half my closet is, is egl/jfash. So I hope people can understand why some others wouldn’t wear jfash outside.

Hopefully that clears it up.
>>
>>10559588
Damn wholesome content on /cgl? We stan it
>>
>>10559141
Honestly if I needed to loose weight I’d do the same, he disgusts me so much I’d never want to look anything like that thing
>>
>>10559649
This shit is just more common in larger cities than in suburbs.In places where you’re just waking around people tend to be a lot more ballsy.

Also I’ve been catcalled when wearing oversized hoodies and sweats, men are pigs and do not give a single fuck
>>
>>10559657
Yeah like I’m really sick of it. I’m moving out of this shithole next year hopefully.
I will say SF is very fun if you’re a dude but if you’re a woman it’s shit.

yes I will probably get stares and catcalls everywhere I go, but there is like at least half of america that isn’t the god damn tenderloin/mission district. Irvine was pretty nice and civilized when I visited so maybe I will go there
>>
File: Snow Predicted.jpg (107 KB, 800x700)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>moved to New England from big city
>No one looks at you
>No one makes eye contact

comfy d e s u
>>
>>10559649
These comments appear here all the time and either you are larpers or there’s something weird about me. I’m a reasonably cute, thin, white-passing girl living in the Bay Area and I dress reasonably well every day (I literally don’t own a single hoodie or pair of baggy sweatpants), and the only comment I’ve ever received from men is that they like my outfit, plus a “Why don’t you smile” once or twice. (And sometimes men ask for my number politely enough but I don’t consider that harassment.) I don’t live in SF but I’ve spent plenty of time there and take public transport. Do you have, like, boobs so massive that have their own gravitational force fields or something, so men can’t help but be drawn to them?
>>
>>10559727
Found the larper
>>
>>10559727
So because you don't get harassed in the bay Area, that means it doesn't happen to other women? Got it.
>>
>>10559727

I mean if you don’t live in SF you don’t know and can’t really say shit. You probably only spent time in the nicer parts.
I doubt you ever had to walk through the shitty offstreets by market with the gangs of homeless people by yourself.
I’m a small asian. I look like some otaku fantasy if I dress up.
>>
>>10559494
Most dresses would look like floppy shit, but that one doesn’t have a very full skirt, and would probably look just fine
>>
>>10559727
>reasonably cute
Probably not as much as you think you are.
>>
>>10559727
If you're going to larp, try to be less obvious about it, retard.
>>
>>10559727
Maybe you're actually fuck ugly?
Or you're a larper like your post implies lmao
>>
>>10559727
It depends on what style you wear too anon, people don't seem to react as much to simpler classic or gothic coords. It's terrible in SF on all fronts though. I was walking to my uber on market after a work lunch and in the 2 minutes it took to get to my driver someone started hitting on me aggressively. I wasn't even wearing lolita that day, just an ank rouge jsk over an ap blouse. I'm not cute nor curvy and I had no makeup on so that throws out your boob theory.
>>
>>10559666
Oh hey I'm from around Irvine. Only comments I've gotten while out and about in egl/jfashion were from awestruck little kids.

Local comm meets were always kind of awkward though. Felt better being lonelita most of the time.
>>
>>10559750
>>10559764
>>10559744
Funny how complaints about street harassment always end up being humblebrags about how cute the complainers are. Women just can’t get over their rape fantasies.
>>
>>10559333
6k's nothing to brag about. kek
>>
>>10559767
Thank god, that sounds like paradise. Well not the local comm meets being awkward thing. but I definitely feel that since irvine is mostly asian and it’s quiet, its a good place to be egl/jfash and not get harassed. Plus so much milk tea everywhere. I used to stop by irvine all the time when 85 bakery used to be good and had actual chefs.
Is there an active comm around irvine? Are there a lot of lolitas around? I never see any lolitas in SF
>>
>>10559774
Nayrt but I'm also from around that area and second this. You do get a lot of people asking for pictures though.
>>
>>10559772
>>10559533
ntayrt but where are you all getting the idea that 6k is a small number for a lolita-specific account? even the wellknown folks tend to have under 5k unless they've been super wellknown across multiple platforms for many years (like fannyrosie, i do declare, etc) or they have swaths of normie/lolita-at-heart followers from somewhere like youtube (tyler, lor)
>>
>>10559795
Different anon, but what number would you say is “well known” for the egl comm?
>>
>>10559774
Haha there are at least a few ^^ I've seen some lolitas hanging around Irvine spectrum pre-covid. There's the LA comm and the OC comm, as well as an inland empire comm that got revived (?).
>>
>>10559774
OC is full of tourists and nosy Karens kek. The comm has been dead for years because Ozzy and Batty are unbearable to be around.
>>
>>10559862
I mean LA is dead too even precovid because cliques right?
>>
>>10559857

I'd honestly say 2k is where you would start getting mentioned here if your coords are good. However, there are some people who are not in it for the popularity who still get mentioned here quite a bit because people recognize they coord well within the community. I think it sort of depends on what you're trying to go for. If you're trying to just be well known in the bubble of lolita, at least 1k but you don't need much more than that. To be 'popular' though you need to reach out further than that, so efamous would be about 10k, but you can stretch it and start calling yourself that at maybe 6-8k
>>
>>10559504
I'm sad I had to sell something to him but I didn't want any negative feedback. I wanted to say nope sorry...
>>
>>10559640
I've always been cute so I get a lot of attention/stares even if I've got my hair in a bun and am just wearing jeans or leggings. But yeah I guess for ugly/average girls the sudden influx of attention could be unnerving.
>>
>>10559944
Are you just larping on every thread?
>>
>>10559945
nayrt but the majority of people who seem to have no problem with attention wearing lolita outside are either already obnoxious and have no shame about their behavior or are conventionally attractive and used to remarks on their appearance. If you're not used to attention, positive or otherwise, it can fluster someone really quickly
>>
>>10559649
I'm obviously not talking true personal safety reasons to not wear it, it should be obvious that I'm not advocating you run out to get grabbed by the great unwashed masses in your most pricy baby. That said as someone who gets catcalled daily as well, men's weird ass comments didn't increase when I started wearing jfash outside, they just started talking about my skirt instead of my ass. If they're the type to be fucking pigs they won't shut up if you're wearing baggy jeans and a t-shirt, the only thing that really changed was non-pigs were nicer to me.
>>
>>10559927
I wouldn't say cliques so much as a couple friends going out together in the LA 'comm'. They'd rather keep to themselves than interact with girls in neighboring comms or anyone who moved to the area so I feel bad for the girls who moved here from out of state.
>>
>>10560018
LA hasn't had meets in years, they only do ILD
>>
>>10560029
Yes I know and they never attend meets in the surrounding areas
>>
>>10559654
>>10559657
>>10559666

You all need to gtfo urban areas. I live in. a medium city in the Midwest that probably none of you have heard of, and 95% of people I encounter in public are really nice and complimentary about my coords. Even dudes. It sucks you have to deal with that BS.

Like the worst I get is maybe some occasional teenagers giggling at me behind my back.
>>
>>10558927
same
>>
File: shoes.png (611 KB, 588x694)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
I really hate seeing those plain stripper heels with minimal straps/buckles in lolita.. Like i get that muh meta and moitie but they just look so inappropriate.. also they're really ugly when worn with white socks,esp. if theyre wrinkly
sorry..
>>
File: lace.jpg (57 KB, 350x622)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I often just hide threads/posts that are clearly scrotey instead of replying to them, as well as responses to obvious bait
>>
>>10560158
You are wrong
>>
>>10560160
What a scandalous confession! How could you say something so brave, yet so controversial
>>
>>10559943
Next time put “I reserve right to refusal of any sale, I don’t seem to (kinksters, age players etc) in your terms of sale, don’t be afraid to refuse to sell to someone you’re not comfortably with and as long as you don’t take their money it does warrant a negative feedback, and if they do dispute it, lacemaket mods should back you up there’s plenty of evidence going about
>>
>>10560183
*i don’t sell to
Sorry phone typing is awful
>>
>>10560158
Spoken like a true aliexpress tea-party wearing sweet lolita
>>
>>10560158
Found the tea party shill
>>
>>10560188
>>10560187
i don't like tea parties, cope harder
>>
>>10560139
Same, i also think this is a very US problem, I live in a medium sized city in the uk and never have been catcalled, in or out of Lolita, and when I’m in Lolita the most I get is occasional stares that I don’t even notice or teenagers giggling, have only ever had people come up and tell me how much they love the look
The US scares me, I hate how much bs you guys have to deal with
>>
I found my dream dress a couple of years ago and havent found anything else that I want as badly again. I enjoy helping friends find their dream dresses but I wish I could fall in love with a dress like I did before.
>>
>>10560190
You don’t like platform heels, you don’t like tea parties, what are you wearing, o fashionable one? Ugg boots?
>>
>>10560193
I relate to this. Once I got holy lantern it’s like nothing has ever made me as crazy as that dress did
>>
>>10560198
why are you even so salty over my opinion
not liking tea parties doesn't make you dislike flats
not liking stripper heels doesn't make you dislike heels
you're acting like people have to pick between those two
>>
>>10560205
It’s cgl and we’re having fun lol, I still want to know what u put on ur stinky feet
>>
>>10560198
>>10560210
Begone tranny
>>
>>10560210
"tell me what you wear so i can insult it"
>>
>>10560211
>>10560213
cis gothic girl here I like my big chunky heels and having fun at the expense of boring people thank u
>>
>>10560211
rent free
>>
Sometimes people online compliment my makeup, but it's like 80% PS. I just slap on glittery eyeshadow and play with values in image editting. I envy any lolita with 2 functioning eyes. Mine are shit and I can't wear lenses.
>>
>>10560225
i'm sure most people can tell
>>
>>10559333
I don't think lolita looks any less weird to a normie without a petti.
>>
>>10560216
Sure jan keep shitposting about stinky feet online
>>
>>10560254
I mean... they definitely do. Without a petti you’re just a girl in an odd dress and some odd headwear. With a petti, youre taking up twice the space and that reaaaally calls attention to your oddness
>>
>>10560263
I'm willing to bet money on anon buying used shoes on LM because they love stinky lolita feet
>>
I really hate the thought of getting an underskirt, but I'm starting to feel like I have no choice cause dresses keep getting shorter and shorter. Peeking bloomers can be cute but imo not so much with sweet. When I see the new CCC OP is already short on the model I feel I shouldn't even think of getting it. I want to wear my dresses without an underskirt but also without showing too much leg! I'm not even really considered a tallita, at least I don't think so.
>>
>>10560361
Underskirts can look pretty awful with sweet dresses, especially bell shaped. They give more of a classical, demure or princess vibe I think.
Maybe try tights over OTKs? Overlay longer dresses are also nice.
>>
>>10560198
Oxfords? Mary-janes? Lace-up boots? NAYRT but platform heels and teaparties only work in very specific situations and they're both embarassing when shoehorned in.

My confession is I alter my brand (that I have no intentions of selling). All of my blouses are tailored to me and it's such a comfy feel.
>>
>>10560441
I've thought of looking for underskirts that match the colour of a dress perfectly so it doesn't stand out that much, but I really don't know if that would work as well as it does in my head and I also don't feel like getting a diff underskirt for the 50 shades of AP pink let alone other colours.

You do mean tights under otks right?
>>
>>10560192
Don't be afraid of us, most Americans are perfectly normal friendly people. I think that as a country we also have a tendency to exaggerate. Take everything American lolitas say with a grain of salt, probably this girl got catcalled one time and is trying to turn it into a humble brag about how annoying all the attention she gets from men is. Like yeah occasionally you might run into rude assholes, but it's very rare. (Although the odds of encountering them obviously goes up in larger cities because they are more densely populated).
>>
>>10560470
Yeah fuck you, i get catcalled at least once a week and i’m not even wearing makeup and don’t look cute. It’s not an exaggeration. Last month a homeless man walked up and tried to grab at me as I was crossing the street minding my own business.
I do live in a huge city famous for population issues though.
It must be nice to live in the middle of nowhere where more people are decent human beings.
Any super large usa city is shit to live in. unless you want to uber everywhere.
>>
>>10560158
Is this bait or someone new?
>>
>>10558921
"[spoiler]nice[/ spoiler]"
>>
>>10560158
This might be the actual worst lolita opinion I've ever read. I'm almost convinced it's bait.
>>
>>10560192
Whenever I wore lolita in the UK I got treated way worse than in my home country. Can't even imagine how horrifying the US must be.
>>
Not a very juicy confession but I’m going to stop shipping internationally because I’m tired of getting a billion messages from people to calculate shipping and they get pissy because it’s expensive and waste my time to respond to 20 people who aren’t going to pay for the shipping
It’s worse when I’m selling cheap $10 Bodyline items and $50 dresses
>>
>>10560512
literally just put it in the listing then, at least for the most populous countries like USA
>>
>>10560512
I put in my tos that i won’t sell to anyone who is rude to me and haven’t gotten this issue, but I also haven’t had many items up for sale. But yeah people are fucking stupid
>>
Sometimes I read /cgl/ posts in my friends' voices, not because I think they actually wrote them, but because I like to envision real lolitas actually saying the things. It makes me feel less alienated for daring to use 4chan. It's so stupid that there's such a stigma against /cgl/ in the community. As if we aren't open and forthcoming with our salt in fb groups and shit.
>>
I like when plus size lolitas I know complain about things not fitting or being too small. I know it's really fucked up but it makes me feel good to console them or give them weight loss advice when they ask (I'm a nutritionist). I've also let closer friends try on my smaller AP and old school and it's satisfying seeing them so visibly upset. Once I recommended a newb try Meta's sweet prints over AP at a local meet, and she blew up at me so loudly that it caused a scene at the tea room and our comm leader banned her.
>>
>>10560544
Tbh you sound fun, let's be toxic friends together anon-chan <3
>>
>>10560544
I understand this when it comes to acquaintances and people you may not like, but you also get satisfaction out of knowingly upsetting and feeling superior to your close friends? you sound like a sociopath, i hope your "friends" catch on and ditch you
>>
>>10560544
>>10560560

yeah, this is some toxic ass behavior. Doesn't sound like you actually see them as friends anon, go to therapy
>>
>>10560544
I love how insane lolitas are goddamn.
>>
>>10560544
I'm kind of the low key version of this, I like plus sized people in the fashion because I look so much better standing next to them or near them. I don't feel happy when they're visibly upset and avoid all size talks with them but I get a passive, self-centered pleasure when they make me look better by comparison.
>>
>>10560597
I'm not plus sized but I'm not skinny either, I want to thank all plus size lolitas making me look like a model by comparison.
>>
>>10560597
I kind of feel similar and definitely feel guilty about it. I don't want to actively hurt or offend the plus sized lolitas i know or are friends with, but i also get a sense of satisfaction in knowing that i look better than them just by virtue of being skinny
>>
>>10560470
>humble brag about how annoying all the attention she gets from men is.
Anon, what are you talking about? Who would humble brag about being catcalled...? Being harassed on the streets is not about the woman being pretty or cute or whatever, it's about men demonstrating power and you know that.
>>
>>10560544
kek this is incredible bait
>>
>>10560254
Normies think petti less lolita looks "better" and "less like a costume" - I had a normie ex who cried actual tears begging and screaming at me to not wear a petticoat and to "try and look a little more normal, see how much cuter it is without the stupid poof" ugh I'm so glad he's an ex.
>>
>>10560703
ew, what a garbage person. Glad you got out of that.
>>
>>10560708
Thanks anon, me too! He was really fun and nice some of the time, but just so aggressively normie and only liked me in my most boring outfits. One time I wore a Barney the dinosaur graphic sweater - under overalls - and he whined and kept pulling it down so no part of the graphic showed even slightly. God that outing sucked.

I broke up with him when he "put his foot down" about my "lolita bullshit" and informed me he'd never go anywhere with me in lolita again. Like, okay bye!
>>
>>10560718
i love you anon im sad you had to be made to feel like you're embarrassing
>>
>>10560493
What like?
>>
>>10560493

honestly one of the rudest reactions i got was in the uk and i live in the us. not even sure why.
>>
>>10560597

Ok but if they're mean spirited or catty on top of being fat... yeah I'm not going to lie I do take pleasure from their whining. Two wrongs don't make a right but it sure feels good.
>>
>>10559862
How could you have forgotten about Marissa, our ita queen?
>>
>>10560955
Literally who
>>
>>10559278
I simply do not follow them, do not engage, do not read their shit.
>>
>>10560493
That surprises me. I live in London and have been wearing the fashion for years but can only count the number of bad encounters I've had on one hand with two of those being from foreign tourists who are always rude.
>>
>>10560544
This is the sort of shit you should post on btb, juicy.
>>
>>10560924
In the UK I just couldn't take a step without being asked questions in rude tones, being laughed at and I had multiple occasions of people taking pictures of me without asking and then mocking me to their friends as though I couldn't hear. Petticoat touching, and guys crudely hitting on me was also pretty common.

It's nothing absurd, but compared to home where negative reactions are 1 in 100 it was definitely unpleasant.
>>
>>10560493
Meh. I'm in a big US city and most people don't even bat an eye.
>>
wore sweet lolita on vacation in London and I basically felt like a tourist attraction. Friends wanted to go to Hamley's and I felt like I was part of the decor. Most were actually nice about it though, asking me for a picture and telling me I looked really cool/cute. Took ages to walk through the shopping street because people kept trying to talk to me but the ratio of comments was definitely more positive than negative.

Creep trying to take a pic up my petti in the grocery store was less cool but eh
>>
>>10561008
I live in the UK and i wear it regardless of reactions, but yeah for some reason people are really fucking rude about any sort of alt fashion here. Even normie goth, or anything remotely sweet looking. Vintage is accepted a little more though. It's mostly the druggy looking older men or those that look like they're called 'dave from down tha pub' that tend to make gross and demeaning comments. Most alt women or old ladies love lolita and i've had nothing but nice comments from them, and giggles and looks from normie woman, The men here are def worse because its not hitting on you, its just gross comments and yelling
>>
>>10561015
don’t forget about walking past a hen do
The hen groups can either be really supportive or mean depending on how drunk they are.
>>
>>10560493
I feel like you can't summarize a countries attitude toward lolita that much, because surely it would vary from where you're visiting? Yes, you'll probably have an awful time walking down a shithole area in Birmingham, but mostly have positive experiences in the nice parts of Cambridge. I've only had positive experiences in the uk, but I live in a nice city/area, and wouldn't dare wear ott up north
>>
>>10560458
I love altering my brand. Besides having it fit me better, I take a little guilty pleasure knowing there's someone somewhere in a little bit of agony over the fact that this dress will no longer fit them. Especially if it's AP.
>>
>>10561045
I feel like half the rudeness in the UK just stems from the fact that everyone is a drunkard even on weekday afternoons.
>>
File: 1598003167323.png (1.03 MB, 722x544)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
I feel a bit of strange fomo when I heard about other lolitas having strangers make comments towards them. I guess it's a cultural difference, but I wish I could relate more to other lolitas' experiences. I mostly get old ladies saying how nice it is to see young people dressed so elegantly. I've never even been asked if I'm wearing a costume. I am grateful, though. I realize life's way more comfortable this way.
>>
>>10561002
Are you part of the London comm? Is this because people are less likely to harass full comms at meets vs lonelitas? Idk just thinking
>>
>>10561052
Loollllllll imagine this southerner implying that all northerners are fucking troglodytes or something? The best place I’ve ever worn lolita in my life is in Manchester because they already have a great alt culture, this is such a shitty classist take
>>
Is this becoming the Brit thread or what? Can all you ugly jellied-eels-eating freaks shut up? Nobody cares about you and your ugly, shitstirring comm
>>
>>10561085

White people feeling oppressed, c 2021, colorized.
>>
>>10561094
Tyler isn't going to frack you even if you call Brits that you know.
>>
>>10561112
ok american
>>
>>10560544
From one nutritionist to another, you're disgusting and an embarrassment to this line of work.
>>
>>10561112
Why do the yanks think they’re smart when they say shit like this
>>
>>10560193
Same. I only "really love" dresses but I've never had a dress I would sell my first born child for (or whatever people with dream dresses feel like about their dream item). Makes me envious but I'm just happy I have so many dresses I just love, lol.
>>
>>10561156
>>10561181

Lmao it works every time.
>>
>>10561112
You know poc can be British right
>>
>>10561210

They can but like the accent fiasco this weird dumb accusation is almost purely a white british thing.
>>
>>10558921
”Nun lolita” makes me uncomfortable as an Orthodox Christian but I don't want to voice my feelings in my community. I don't think that even the woke crowd cares about Christianity when it comes to cultural appropriation
>>
>>10561222
You sure you wanna comment on our country’s culture as a foreigner? Maybe don’t. This shithole of an island has one of the worst wealth gaps/class problems in the western world so desu fuck off and stop making it about race because that’s the only type of politics your tiny Burgerland brain has ever been taught to process. Yes, we have racism issues. But we also have big classism issues and we are fully entitled to discuss those
>>
>>10561252
you can't appropriate christianity. for thousands of years christians have pushed their culture and beliefs and styles onto others and now you think we can "steal" something you wanted to make us have so bad? nope. Im glad it makes u uncomfortable :)
>>
>>10561261

You say all that but then it all devolves to "omg this yank is SO CLASSIST because she did a shitty accent." So it's sort of hard to take seriously on a bulgarian knitting board.
>>
>>10561278
We weren’t talking about accents in this conversation, idiot.
>>
Damn, the last time I was on cgl people were anti-SJW. How the tables have turned. "Evil whitey" talk is so passé.

My confession is that I buy the dream dresses of people I don't like.
>>
>>10561289
do you actually like and wear them? or do you just hoard them so they can't have them? pretty committed if it's not a piece you're into. I'm definitely not ready to spend so much money just to spite someone i hate
>>
>>10561289
Cgl is still anti-SJW, did you miss the 6 threads about the Lor/Tyler/WF shit *and* all the threads poisoned by excessive comments about all those people and the drama after the fact?
>>
>>10561297
nta but i’ll buy anybody’s dream dress if it’s something i’m after. i don’t care if somebody else wants it “more”
>>
>>10561284

Yeah sorry I forgot we were talking about a city being shitty and people got all offended and accused the other person of being classist.

Newsflash: I live in a shitty city. It's shitty because it's classist. Calling my city overall shitty isn't classist. Grow up.
>>
i dunno if this belongs here, but i’m scared of aging out of lolita. i see zoomers talk about older lolitas being weird and it makes me really sad and self conscious for when i turn 30 next year. i wish there was an easier way to convince myself that lolita doesn’t have an age limit.
>>
I miss when people weren’t offended by every single thing.
>>
>>10561321
Make lolita friends that are your age group then. My comm has a lot of older lolitas and most lolitas I became friends with when I started stayed with the fashion.
>>
>>10561321
honestly, do not let 14 year olds make you uncomfortable. there are zoomers over the age of 18 and none of them give a fuck how old you are. I think it just comes down to being literal children and acting immature because their brains are not developed enough to not be annoying. personally as an adult zoomer, I love that 30+ aged people wear the fashion and I hope they continue to do so. It's awesome
>>
>>10561321
Just don't interact with kids, anon. It's not like you really have anything substantial in common with them anyways. Most lolitas in my area are in their 30s-40s and it's awesome. Keeping doing you.
>>
>>10561321
The only "weird" old lolitas I can think of are the ones that never grew out of the cringey young adult phase that zoomers are in now. Most of the widely known lolitas are well into being 30+, having your shit together is far more kawaii than perpetually chasing youth.
>>
>>10561342
Great, thank you for this unpleasant reminder that there are adult zoomers
>>
>>10561360
I’m 23 and I think technically I’m a zoomer
>>
>>10561367
yep, oldest zoomers should be 25 now, which is definitely crazy to think about since it's the 15 year olds who dominate the image around and conversations about zoomers
>>
>>10561085
Oh no, the britfag that cried over Tyler's video is back
>>
>>10561342
This is a very pleasant and reassuring take, thank you.
>>
>>10561252
Good. Nuns called me a faggot and left me with a lifetime of internalized homophobia as a kid. Fuck yall.
>>
>>10561321
Just remember that we were here first, and these are itas that just discovered the fashion and only have their parents' money to get it.

Most lolitas are adults.

I also turn 30 next year but I've been in jfash since high school. Young people think they invented everything and they will never age.
>>
>>10561252
Fuck off. Cultural appropriation isn't a thing.
>>
>>10561382
Lol ayrt here, I’ve got a crazy take for you: not everyone cares what your favourite hick youtuber uploads. I don’t give a shit, I’ve CERTAINLY never contacted her, I just have opinions about my own country that your little yank brain is too stupid or selfish to ever consider worthwhile. So, kindly, get fucked xo
>>
>>10561252
This is bait but I genuinely enjoy the idea of someone being uncomfy over nun lolita because it's cute as fuck
>>
>>10561381
Weird lol... you’re right, even I think “zoomer = 15yo ticktokers” but I’m friends with plenty of people in their mid to late twenties, most of my comm are mid-late twenties going into their thirties, and I don’t really think anything of it. As a zoomer (albeit a 23yo one), please know OP that I don’t think you’re weird haha — live your best damn life and if you come to a meet I’ll happily split a teacake with you
>>
>>10561437

man it's so easy to get you guys riled up, love you too xoxo
>>
>>10561442
Sounds like you lost your argument, just go away, nobody likes you obnoxious americans
>>
>>10561437
Don't you have an Irish population to starve or something gtfo of the internet
>>
>>10559647
No you
>>
>>10561437
Sorry you got this riled up over having an incomprehensible accent because you're too poor to live anywhere but a shithole in the UK xoxo
>>
I get rid of my least favorite teas by including them as gifts in the dresses I sell.
>>
>>10561439
Actually 1992-1998 is considered a micro generation. So you're a zillennial.
>>
>>10561655
None of this was about accents you oblivious patronising dick
>>
>>10561668
take your meds and sod off britfag xo
>>
>>10561664
Zillenial is from 1995 to 2000
>>
>>10561687
That's some definitions because there's not one single agreed upon one.

Sampling of 4 different google results:
>1992-1998
>1994-1998
>1993-1998
>1995-2000

1998 makes the most sense as a cutoff because anyone born after then has 0 actual memory of 9/11. Personally I think 1993 should be the lower end cutoff. But 1992 also makes sense.

1995-2000 is the definition that makes the least sense. I might be able to concede that 1999 can be zillennials since they're at least still born in the 90s, but 2000 at least is def 100% zoomer. And 1993-94 is 100% zillennial so it's weird that they're left out of that definition.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1575646531279.jpg (34 KB, 626x602)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I'm so tired of pretending to sympathize with wokeness and keeping my opinions to myself so that I don't get kicked out of my comm. My comm is REALLY bad, the leaders post constantly about "amplify black voices/support black businesses/trans rights are human rights/BIPOC/ACAB" etc. and it drives me up the wall that half the shit being discussed at any given time has to have a woke lens over it. A girl in my comm was talking about the AP x Harry Potter collab and so many of the responses were about transphobia. We have an almost comically masculine guy (think crimson chin x handsome squidward x Michael Bolton) in our comm who doesn't even try to pass and everyone showers him in praise for the most low-effort bullshit.

It's gross. It's offputting. I am in the Midwest and this is the only comm around me. Though at this point, it doesn't even matter, because there hasn't been a single meet in over a year because with wokeness comes extreme paranoia. Even meets in large places with masks are ~too risky~. Never mind that almost all of us are under 40, and if you aren't, STAY HOME IF YOU WANT.

Fucking hate my comm. I just want to hang out, in person, with pseudo-regular lolitas.
>>
>>10561698
I feel lolita community in general (like the world as a whole) has become so political. If no one is a complete asshole I can't be bothered about their political views. I'm so tired of seeing people wishing death for Trump supporters and other unnecessary polarisation - and I don't even live in Burgerland. Critisasing shitty behaviour is allowed but the constant screeching about politics in lolita community is embarassing and just makes eveybody tip toe in eggshells. And I'm a complete leftist myself who doesn't like Trump. But why would anyone need to know it in lolita community?
>>
>>10561698
>with wokeness comes extreme paranoia. Even meets in large places with masks are ~too risky~
You were doing fine up until this point. That's some fucked opinion you have there, anon.
>>
>>10561708
Yep that was my thought process exactly. I agreed with anon up to that point but then I was like oh no, it's retarded.

>>10561698 stop being a retarded, alt right, covid downplaying faggot and maybe you'll find some more moderate lefty friends who aren't consumed by stupid identity politics like me. But I wouldn't be your friend unless you shaped the fuck up a little.
>>
I kinda like the amount of people complaining about all comms being a hugbox lately
i hope something comes of this eventually.a girl can dream...
>>
>>10561360
current zoomers are fun tho. like a good balance between internet/meme literate but also weren't born with an ipad in their hands, unlike nuzoomies
>>
>>10561698
Same here. I'm in a ultra liberal west coast area. I think there's a silent group of us just tired of this garbage. I know at least one or two more lolitas that stay quiet or just disengage from such convos when they pop up.

I wish we could just be regular non woke sjw lolita friends.
>>
>>10561698
I'm a midwestern lolita that doesn't like wokeness. Wanna hang out?
>>
>>10561321
As long as you act your age no one gives a fuck t b h

>>10561407
>Young people think they invented everything and they will never age.
Also this. Just came across a video of some teen painting an anime character on her pants and people thought it was this new hip thing. Little do they know anime pants have been a thing for forever.
>>
>>10561662
That's so cute ily

>>10561698
I agreed with your point originally because I thought you were saying acting like an utlra woke activist while doing no actual meaningful work is stupid as fuck but it turns out you're just mad about muh meetups while cases skyrocket lol bye

>>10561703
Trump tried to appeal to alt right groups and couldn't even do the bare minimum of denouncing them on national tv. If you don't understand why people so strongly hate him and his supporters the issue was never that important to you in the first place because it never affected you. You are the exact type of fake woke social media activist we're talking about.
>>
Just keeping to myself and waiting for post-woke-ness to gain much-needed momentum. So take heart, it’s on the horizon. Predicting by mid/late 2021 it will start to noticeably be a little better. People definitely are getting tired of the edgy screeching.
>>
>>10561778
>>10561703
NAYRT, but I can mildly sympathize with non-burgers (as a burger myself) getting burnt out. The US as a whole is very ethnocentric, and we tend to dominate the political conversation wherever we go.

>>10561783
That being said, I see more of the SJW screeching as performative social media wokeness rather than actual activism, and they're in the minority anyways. The same bullshit happened in the peak tumblr days, maybe I'm getting old but it seems easy enough to tune out and stay in your lane. The most prominent lolitas guilty of this are poorly dressed anyways; I'm just wondering why we're letting such mediocre/ita lolitas culturally drive our community.
>>
I'm in the process of saving Lolita lj comms, page by page. I almost finished btb now.
If any of those inevitably go down and people start crying about it, I will not share the files for free. Not because I care about money, but because I have shilled for proper archiving of those sources for literal years now but almost no one ever really cares enough to actually do something or spend some time a day archiving.
If you'd go to the rbt archive, almost every initial post reminding of saving lj is from me. Giving the heads up about flickr nuking a good bunch of their images was also me, same goes for yaplog.
>>
>>10561778
What are you on about? I'm the exact opposite of social media activist but esl so maybe worded myself badly. I know why you hate Trump. I know what he did. What I don't like is bringing politics into lolita and policing others' political views. And the issue is not only Trump - I agree on him - but polarizing and I hate it has weaseled it's way into lolita. But you are right, Trump was never so important to me I would like to see death wishes in my feed.
>>
>>10561297
I only buy it if it's something I like. It makes me laugh when the bitches suddenly start being super sweet to me because I have their DD...then nasty again when it's clear I won't sell.
>>
>>10561300
I'm anti-sjw but tyler is a weirdo. Why do we need a drama channel who pretends they're just being Good Honest and True. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>10561795
i appreciate you anon
goodluck on your crusade
>>
>>10561698
>STAY HOME IF YOU WANT
my god i just wish this could be the case for the whole mask situation in general. i've had the corona and, surprise surprise, being 21 years old means that it won't kill me. yet for the past YEAR AND COUNTING i've had to put on a mask and deal with all the other insanities for the sake of all these damn hypochrondriacs.
now i know this is a wild theory but hear me out. maybe the people with crippling paranoia like dumb and dumber over here >>10561708 >>10561720 can shut themselves inside and order food or whatever seemingly for the rest of time while the rest of us get on with our god-forsaken lives
>>
>>10562018
Some people can't stay home even if they're immune compromised, dimwit. You're doing it to protect the vulnerable people in society. Someone on humira, someone with weak lungs, someone taking any immuno suppressive drugs, etc etc all deserve to be able to leave their fucking houses. They deserve for the people in their community to do the most simple thing in the fucking world that happens to drastically reduce the risk of transmission of a disease that could kill them. All you have to do is cover your disgusting maw but you're too fucking narcissistic. Waaah, I don't wanna wear a mask, waaahhh it's not comfortable everyone who isn't as healthy as me should just stay inside forever because I'm a big fucking pissbaby that doesn't like wearing clothes I haven't worn before now.

Also what about the people who live with immune compromised people who have to work with the public??? They could catch it from your filthy maskless face and bring it home and kill the person they're living with. Fuck you bro.

Antimask dumbasses really are incapable of critical thought, basic human decency, and empathy.
>>
I really want to be lolita, but my heart isn’t into coording it. It doesn’t make sense to me and i keep wanting to do non-lolita things with it.
I have lolita pieces, but i feel happiest when i’m wearing it ETC style. or even more casually than that. I’ll wear an ap sweater over my cupcake petti skirt and i’ll feel cute.
I would not call it lolita at all, but if i did i know i’d end up in the ita thread lol. I think i’d call it alice-style. Like alice in wonderland. I’ve been getting into alice in wonderland prints lately anyway
>>
>>10562026
>All you have to do is cover your disgusting maw but you're too fucking narcissistic.

I agree people should wear masks but they don't help as much as you think they do. They're more likely to stop people from spreading it than people catching it.

Besides, people freak out over any kind of maskless interaction, even if its outside where transmission is proven to be low.

We are over a year into this thing, vaccines are slow to rollout, people are still expected to work their high risk jobs despite never getting to hang out with friends or family and the government is slow with financial relief. some people are advocating for masks and distancing until 2023.
>>
>>10562026
You would call me incapable of thought? The blind sheep who believes everything on the news? That's a laugh.

Look the people who are weak that could die from the Corona are also weak enough that the flu season of 2019 could've killed them. That's how things work. If you're weak, you're probably gonna die. You were wearing a mask back then too right? You didn't just suddenly learn from the media the importance of "human empathy", did you?

Yes I'm narcissistic. I want to look nice when I go out. You know what I also want to do? Be able to see other humans' smiles, crazy I know. And you know what else I want? Not to be worrying constantly about not being able to afford bills because I can't get any fucking money thanks to people like you shutting down the world.

I know you're better than this. You once thought for yourself. Stop being angry and just calmly listen. The Coronavirus is little more than a flu. Yes, not wearing a mask might kill some people, people who would probably die from any number of things anyway. I know that sounds harsh, but it's important to understand that.
Wearing a mask, though, is preventing people from truly living. Everyone's depressed and angry all the time nowadays and it's not good for anyone. When's the last time you were able to truly have fun going out? You may think it's a worthwhile sacrifice, but it's a sacrifice in vain that's doing a lot more damage than you think to your, and everyone else's, inner psyche.
>>
>>10562032
You need a therapist, anon. But online, please. Do not expose the professional to your stupidity.
>>
>>10562032
>Me me me! The world revolves around my wants, don't you get it?
>>
>>10562031
Exactly they're more likely to prevent spreading it. That's why everyone needs to wear them to protect immune compromised individuals. It's not fair to them to not wear a mask when you're in public. Even outside, if you're at a park, most parks don't have huge hiking trails where you can pass by someone while remaining 6 ft away. Typically a hiking trail or boardwalk is no more than 5 feet wide.

I'd love to leave the house but my gf is on humira and has always had weak lungs anyway (a couple years ago she got the flu and it took her almost 2 months to fully kick it, she was bedridden) and we live in one of the worst parts of Dumbfuckistan with the highest case numbers. So basically nobody wears masks, so neither of us can go anywhere. So if you're tired of wearing a mask imagine how tired we are of being virtually forced to stay home because nobody has the common decency to mask up in our area. Being stuck inside is a hell of a lot worse than getting to go out and shop and shit while wearing... Wait was it again? Oh yeah, while wearing some clothes you're not quite accustomed to. How horribly inconvenient that must be for you. Even with vaccines we should keep masking and distancing until 2023. Covering your mouth so you can't spread cold/flu/covid while in public and giving people their personal space should be the new normal forever.
>>
>>10562032
>Wearing a mask, though, is preventing people from truly living
There’s people in the world starving and working like slaves to live and you’re pissing yourself over wearing cloth over your mouth. We don’t even have to live like this, other parts of the world are somewhat back to normal or got to have some normalcy prior to their second/third waves while Ameritards have yet to leave the first quarantine period because y’all are too fucking selfish to stay inside for a month.
>>
>>10562041
>Even with vaccines we should keep masking and distancing until 2023

You are a crazy person and must not have gone out much prior to the pandemic. Mask mandates are already ending statewide. People are NOT staying inside for another year, much less TWO MORE years. You think people are going to keep their lives on pause for that long? No seeing friends, no dating, no seeing family? None of the things that make life worth living?

I wear a mask. I know they are important. But I also know that this isn't lasting forever and there is a certain point where we will have to adjust to life with a little bit of risk.
>>
>>10562032
>The vulnerable people in our society should be sacrificed so I can show strangers my ugly face
>Masks are basically oppression

You dumb selfish cunt. The last time I had fun going out was in August when people in my area were actually masking the fuck up. I felt safe. I haven't been able to go anywhere for months because nobody wears a mask anymore. Kindly rot in hell.
>>
>>10562043
>Mask mandates are already ending statewide.
This is because politicians care more about appeasing corporations that could care less if you drop dead than their actual citizens.
>>
>>10562043
People don't need to stay inside for 2 more years??? They just need to give people personal space and cover their faces??? How does wearing a mask and giving people personal space equate to putting your life on pause???
>>
>>10562042
> got to have some normalcy prior to their second/third waves while Ameritards have yet to leave the first quarantine period because y’all are too fucking selfish to stay inside for a month.

?? theres no scenario where staying inside for a month would've stopped this. china is not japan. the USA is not a small country, it's huge with multiple different major population centers. the USA doesn't have the infrastructure to have every single american stay home and deliver groceries and supplies to them. remember how during the strictest month of lockdown, people like dr. fauci were recommending that people not wear masks or buy PPE?

if this isn't a second wave, what do you call the period in august-october when cases in most area were down to almost nothing?
>>
>>10562047
generally speaking "social distance" means not seeing friends or family, or anyone that you don't live with. it means no gatherings indoors or outdoors or eating in public. you think people are putting up with that for two more years?
>>
>>10562048
Oh dear lord you have one brain cell that's barely hanging on don't you. I think covid gave you further brain damage.
>>
typical that 4chan would be full of introverts who arent impacted by stay at home orders lol. you guys sound like the doomers at r/coronavirus
>>
>>10562051
feel free to lock yourselves indoors for the next 3 years. i see no problem with masked gatherings or small hangouts with trusted healthy individuals.
>>
>>10562032
I'm totally with you, anon. Doomers can yell all they like, but the majority of us are tired of wearing ugly masks and are looking forward to cons and meets resuming. Here's to a hopeful 2021
>>
>>10562032
Wow terrible day to have eyes.
>>
>>10562048
>Japan has the biggest elderly population in the world
>Biggest city in the world
>Booming economy with a big tourist industry
>Still got the virus under control
>Meanwhile middle of nowhere yeehaw cities in Ohio couldn’t control the virus
Yup, nothing could’ve been done. I also love how you pointed out what Fauci said when we knew nothing about the virus or its spread, amazing observation on your part.
>>
>>10562050
No gatherings with strangers should be held unless people can easily remain 6 feet apart for a few years, yeah. Restaurants and bars should be only allowed to fill to 50% capacity and should be given government subsidies instead of them going to airlines and shit.
>>
>>10562053
Literally not at all what I'm advocating. I think everything should open up but with limited capacity in order to allow for proper distancing and STRICT mask enforcement.
>>
>>10562056
Japan where it's hard to get a covid test? Where they blamed it all on non japanese foreigners? while also promoting a local tourism push? japan who ignored the virus as long as possible? japan, who had more deaths than china?

that japan?

>>10562058
the travel and event industry cannot be shut down for a few years, unless you plan on paying them all indefinitely.
>>
>>10562063
>Japan had more deaths than China
>7k deaths in a population of 100 million
>Trusting China’s statistics
>>
>>10562058
Who the fuck cares? We're all taking a calculated risk. People who are so afraid are welcome to stay home. The rest of us will keep having private meets and photoshoots with an agreement that we're all potentially exposing ourselves. If one of us gets it, so be it.
>>
>>10562030
if you're not a lolita gtf out of here lmao
if you wanna post a petticoat with a cardigan over it on cof be my guest and we'll all take the piss out of you
>>
>>10562030
Wear your clothes the way you like. Good on you for not calling it lolita. Post it on instagram or in an otome group. You can always try a coord and sell the stuff off later if you don't like it.
>>
>>10562071
Yeah I...am leaving lolita though? That was my last ‘lolita’ confession.
Didn’t you read what i said at all?
i said i won’t call it lolita. why would i post on cof if i’m not calling it lolita.

You should read things slower and not take offense that someone ultimately decided lolita wasn’t for them. I think lolita is cute still but not for me.
>>
>>10562063
>I think for myself unlike all these scaredy cats
>Believes data from China

kek
>>
Well this thread has gone to shit in 3 different ways, nice.
>>
>>10562124
I just wish this board wasn't infested with those sheep. I'm rather new to this board and I'm surprised so many gulls are against going to cons on a board all about cons and won't stop screeching about how the flu's "killing grandma" or whatever. It's all I hear about in these damn threads. That and the doomposters.
>>
>>10562126

Fuck off scrote.
>>
>>10562126
I agree, I'm 100% fucking sick of reading about covid on this board. It's about fashion and cosplay, shut the fuck up collectively and take it to /x/ or /pol/ everybody, damn. Seriously. And I won't reveal how I feel about the whole covid thing anyway, don't to want to give people any reason to reply to this.
>>
>>10562128
You're obviously a dumbass antimasker, you don't need to reveal anything.
>>
>>10562127
>>10562129
Jesus calm the fuck down, Corona's really nothing to worry about. I don't know how many of you all are on this board but you need to chill. It's pretty funny actually, both on this board and outside, freaks like you are ruining life for the rest of us.
I remember a time when irrational fear to this degree was considered a mental illness...
>>
>>10562130
Antimaskers are ruining it for themselves. Wear fucking masks and this thing wouldn't still be here and you could go to events like they can in Australia. You dumbfucks are shooting yourselves in both feet and then pointing at people who said you shouldn't do that and blaming them.

>corona's nothing to worry about
Tell that to the 500k dead americans and their families.
>>
File: 1613225776999.jpg (23 KB, 667x637)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10562129
>>10562134

You guys are fucking nuts lmfao
>>
>>10562134
>Wear fucking masks and this thing wouldn't still be here

it’s been shown that masks alone don’t stop the spread. extreme lockdowns and strict border control does, which is easier if you’re a continent like Australia. even then they haven’t “gotten rid of it”, cases will never be zero.
>>
Every day I thank God that I was not born a sweetfag
>>
>>10562060
>STRICT mask enforcement.
I don't know where you live but in America people have literally been shot and stabbed over being asked to wear masks so good luck with that.
>>
>>10562056
Japan does not have the virus under fucking control. Stop spreading this false narrative because it's a shit show here.
>>
>>10562056
>Japan making it super difficult to get covid tests
>will bounce you back and forth between different hospitals and departments until you just give up
>even rando normies living in Japan have posted about how ridiculously hard it is for them to get tested
>Fanny Rosie being told by a Jap hospital to just suck it up after she had symptoms similar to covid
>Japan never having a formal lockdown and expecting all businesses to run as usual
>Tokyo public transportation being so packed that it’s impossible to social distance
>Japan suppressing numbers so they have hold the Olympics
Nippon ichiban
>>
>>10562026
This.
>>
>>10562183
>in America people have literally been shot and stabbed over being asked to wear masks

Where do you live, in a parallel universe? Mask mandates are ending nationwide and were rarely enforced with any consequences.
>>
>>10562032
Wow that last paragraph is actual undiagnosed narcism.
>>
>>10562126
>newfag talking about others infesting
How about you stop derailing with your off-topic spergfest and lurk another 2 years?
>>
>>10562278
Reading comprehension, anon. The mandates weren’t enforced, but that didn’t stop people from lashing out when asked to put on a mask by a shop worker or something. Plenty of news coverage of these events.
>>
>>10562032
This. Speaking as someone with an autoimmune disorder, the regular flu almost killed me one year (when I didn't get a shot). Once I get my coronavirus shot, I'm considering myself fine. Seeing all these relatively healthy people advocate for ruining the economy and skyrocketing suicide rates over a flu is retarded.

Inb4 anyone bawwws about "b-but the long term effects!!", the regular flu can result in worse illnesses and lifelong health issues too.
>>
>>10562032
Wow all my aspie friends were right, extroverts really are mutants.
>>
holy fuck y'all this community is a disaster, I hate you all and am praying I can buy your brand for cheap from your grieving family when you all die of the virus.
>>
>>10562321
Shut the fuck up you stupid skank
>>
>>10562032
>>
>>10562321
>you all die
Well, statistically, out of like a thousand average lolitas (roughly ages 18-35), one of us will die. Not much brand for you, unfortunately.

Others are going to go out and have fun without you. You'll be forgotten and end up just another festering netflix and doordash blob.
>>
>>10562030
Have you considered the thing called jfashion?
>>
>>10562343
no u

>>10562414
yeah until a deadlier strain pops up, which is basically inevitable at this point with the rate of mutation.

lol what? am I supposed to be worried about missing events full of people who don't care about keeping others safe? I'd rather continue living thanks, besides I live in the country with no access to netflix or any shit like that, and have been going out shopping and having fun just fine with a mask. this kind of assumption laden response just solidifies my desire to stay out of this community for now. between the extreme political bullshit and antimaskers I think I'll be happier continuing to be a lonelita until things cool down.
>>
>>10562544
>happier continuing to be a lonelita until things cool down
I think many of us have quietly come to this conclusion.
>>
>>10562544
Mutation typically results in virus becoming less deadly. Can't survive if you kill your host.
>>
My lolita confession is that I have pieces from the die walkure collection. I want to sell them because I don’t wear them, not because I give a shit what people think, but if I put them up for sale everyone would know I had them now and I’d be harassed online. It’s not even the super Nazi looking pieces, just some of the accessories.
>>
>>10562734
Why not put them in the sell/buy trade thread here? I’m sure someone would be interested and you could sell directly.

Or maybe you could just put them on Lm with a warning tag that they are historical props and add a disclaimer that you have nothing to do with it
>>
>>10562544
>I live in the country with no access to netflix or any shit like that
lolque. are you communicating with us by IPoAC?
>>
>>10562737
Yeah, maybe I’ll try the bst thread. Still kinda nervous about it
>>
>>10562742
Don’t be nervous, if the fucking hat which is the ‘worst’ of the collection can sell on LM in 2019, you can def sell whatever else pieces you have
>>
>>10562747
Forgot the pic
>>
I use closetchild for otome more than I do for lolita now.
>>
>>10562734
Why not ship from a non lolita friend or relative’s address?
>>
>>10562321
It's just 1-2 samefags derailing with their retarded bait and cgl doesn't have actual cgl jannies anymore.
>>
>>10562748
I'm shocked people would pay that much for an edgy hat, but maybe if you really want a full set it's worth it. Plus if you have an online presence you'd be eaten alive for ever wearing it.
>>
>>10562902
I've seen it show up for 200 on auctions, it's still a wildly sought after piece even with the controversy.
>>
>>10562902
This is such a recent development though. I still remember when this girl posted herself in the set and no one batted an eye. Kind of insane that wearing the set is now a cardinal offense, even if you remove the pin on the hat.
>>
>>10562904
I wouldn't demonize someone for ever wearing it, but like, you can buy nice military style hats elsewhere that aren't brand for less, right? That even more than the social contention over it makes me feel like it's a waste but I'm not into military lolita so obviously my perspective on what's "worth it" is skewed compared to those people.
>>
>>10562892
That’s not a bad idea, but they will see my name on the PayPal and I wouldn’t put it past people to buy something just to “out” someone and satisfy their urge to burn someone at the stake. Maybe I’ll try using my bf’s PayPal. Or I don’t know, maybe I’ll just hang onto it until all this uproar dies down.
>>
>>10562907
I wore a non-Nazi military hat once on COF and the picture was taken down because people were commenting on it that they felt traumatized because their GRANDMOTHER was a victim of a brutal military regime like 60 years ago. It was a naval hat, too. I guess all those evil navies brutally oppressing fishermen is a real problem
>>
>>10562910
Don't worry anon, next time just make sure to wear Soviet military attire and no one will care.
>>
>>10562572
Yeah I think I really will be keeping to myself for a while still...

>>10562604
typically but not always. and this is a flu I wouldn't take a chance on. it's already gained very useful mutations that usually take more time to develop compared to other viruses of its type.

>>10562741
lmao no, I just live an hour from civilization so the only affordable internet here is too slow to stream anything at all. shit some days it's so bad I can't even load this god forsaken board.
>>
>>10562572

Honestly this has been a great excuse to not hang with my local comm without getting kicked out. I like to keep my finger on the pulse but meetups are tiring af.
>>
>>10562908
I would be willing to buy some pieces. If you post to BST, I'll email you.
>>
>>10561818
Yea Tyler is fake as fuck and not even in a fun way. I hope someone more interesting replaces her.
>>
i really like petit piafs coords but i am so tired of every pose being “gazes wistfully into the upper left or right corner”
>>
File: weeb doge meme.png (316 KB, 880x643)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
I never wear any lolita pieces on my period because I'm deathly afraid of any period blood coming in contact with my brand
>>
>>10562998
It was a funny format at first but after a while her paranoia and crazy and ego left a bad taste. She’s an awkward person when not on camera reciting her script so that’s off-putting. I haven’t watched her in a good while so to come back and watch the video about Lor when Lor did not want her to make it just was weird and kind of creepy. Tyler’s video made it much worse for Lor, not better. That’s not being a good friend in my book. But - those views did spike.
>>
>>10562890
same, for otome and for true oldschool too like cornet and fairywish. their prices are so cheap, i rarely pay more than 25usd for anything, even main pieces like jsks/ops

i really hope this stuff stays out of style so you and i can keep buying it up anon
>>
>>10563073
It's a tiny bit sad to watch Lor's old con videos with her talking about Tyler as if they're friends/at least enjoy one another's company knowing that that friendship is likely fucked.
But that's on me for getting attached to youtubers I don't know irl
>>
>>10563033
I'm actually the same way, I even choose to opt out of meetups if it's happening. I heard a really gross story from a friend who had gave someone a dress to borrow for a meetup, and when they got the dress back there was a big stain of blood on the back of the dress. Ever since I heard that story, I've always been terrified to wear lolita on my period.
>>
>>10563073
Views maybe, but she lost about 100 patrons.
>>
>>10562998
Yes and y’all will drag and bully them for daring to be famous and not you
>>
hiding this in here cause it hit sage, I've become obsessed with MMM and plan on buying multiple pieces to alter and fit into
>>
>>10562908
I think you're overly paranoid. Yes, you may get some shittalking from sjws but no one cares to that extend. I'm more offended that no one actually cares to coord it outside of wearing the full set.
>>
>>10563256
Sounds like trying to loose weight would be less effort with better benefits.
>>
>>10563260
I'd have to lose 20 cm on the waist alone, desu I'd rather spend 2k
>>
>>10563271
jelly of your friends desu, if you've got 20cm of wait you could lose i want to shoot all my pics next to you, and with that attitude you'll only get bigger
>>
>>10563300
Are you ok anon? I read this three times and I still don't understand it
>>
>>10563308
They want to take pictures next to the fatty to look more kawaii skinny uwu
>>
>>10563271
If you have 20cm to lose you aren't going to look good in anything, altered or not.
>>
>>10562734
No judgement, I'd buy from you. I collect pieces that are on the 'never again' list for or brands. I like the history side of lolita a lot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.