[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread >>>/x/10511355
>>
(I'm early!)

I'm still looking for my ultimate dream dress: Twinkle Mermaid. I have missed it so many times due to time differences and then it takes years to pop up again.

Will take any cut and colorway now... I have almost given up

I can trade some of my dresses (mostly AP sweet), please ask for a link to my wardrobe to see what I might be able to trade. I would obviously rather buy though
>>
>>10534648
I don’t have this, but I’m curious about your experiences looking for it! I’ve been in the fashion for 15 years and have owned it in every style at some point, selling it every so often to get something new as I was a poor student. Is it really that impossible to find these days? I left the fashion for a while and would have expected it to get pricy, but am surprised that it seems this elusive. Did they all fall apart or something?
>>
Thanks to the kind anon who emailed me a link last thread, I finally got Twinkle Mermaid! My priority now is Be My Valentine, sax OP only.
>>
>>10534665
I think people tend to keep certain dresses, I have spoken to a couple people that have it and they have already left the fashion but hoard it due to sentimental reasons. I'm guessing that's sometimes what happens to old pieces? Not to mention major damage that makes people throw pieces away.
>>
>>10534672
Congrats! It was the early hours for me so I missed it when someone sent me the link
>>
>>10534679
Thank you! I’m rooting for you to get it next, anon <3 If I see another listing you’ll be the first to know!
>>
>>10534681
Thank you so much! I'm actually glad that it went to someone who has it as their dream dress. Did you manage to get any of the yellowing out?
>>
>>10534665
I've been in the fashion for a long time too but I hardly ever see Twinkle Mermaid pop up anymore.
>>
>>10534709
People must wreck some dresses and trash them....
>>
File: IMG_20210111_213155.jpg (978 KB, 1564x1564)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
my difference in taste is ridiculous i know

> slightly prefer sax marshmallow bunny
> sorry for shit collage
>>
>>10534687
Yes! Not all of it yet but I’ve been carefully spot cleaning and steaming out wrinkles and it’s been working great. It’s good to know that old dresses can still have a lot of life left in them with a little TLC.
>>
Looking for Marshmallow Bunny! Any color and cut, though JSK preferred.
>>
>>10534724
That's great and good to know!
>>
The old thread is under 200 posts still retard
>>
>>
>>10534761
Not OP but I like the idea of a new thread for the new year. This board is slow af anyway, who cares?
>>
>>10534761
The old thread was dying and was for Christmas anyway. Who's talking about Santa not getting you your dream dress after December?
>>
>>10534646
>/x/
How do I summon a succubus print?
>>
>>10534792
It doesnt matter it will be an ugly cut anyway
>>
>>10534709
I’ve seen TM in sax on Wunderwelt like last year, but it was gone within minutes.
>>
For whatever reason, when I got into the fashion, I didn't buy this because no one liked it and it seemed plentiful. Now it just doesn't exist. Help desu.
>>
>>10535373
Ps: I saw the $800 one on fril but my budget is not $800.
>>
>>10535375
how tf much do you think this rare rozen maiden crossover piece is going to be?
>>
>>10534731
Also ISO Lyrical Party JSK+KC in pink only!
>>
>>10535385
????? last time I checked no one wanted them ????? do sui fans who don't wear lolita just keep them in their closet with their dollfie now ? anyways
>>
>>10535385
No >>10535373 is right, upon release no one DID want them, they showed up in lucky packs and lingered in IW's sales and people had trouble getting rid of theirs
>>
>>10534731 >>10534723
I think I saw these recently... I'll get back to you when I remember where
>>
>>10535445
Thank you anon!! Please email directly with any leads (so I can get a notification) if you can!
>>
>>10534672
I wish they would release it again even though it's nowhere near 2010 classics
>>
Milky Planet in any colorway and cut except the skirt.
>>
>>10534672
have you tried xianyu? i got my pink jsk set there about half a year ago for like $350ish i think
>>
>>10535477
Pray for a rerelease
>>
>>10535501
Anon, you'd better not to send people to xianyu. You may get a replica instead of real deal easily, no matter how experienced you are and how many brand pieces you have seen irl.
>>
>>10535451
I think it was Xianyu, but I'm not sure if you're experienced with it? If so, I'll send links!
>>
Prio is IW’s tiered velveteen OP but I’d take any cute oldschool pieces in neutral colours
>>
>>10535529
Ahh oh dear, I'm really seconding >>10535520 on my avoidance of xianyu. I've heard too many unfortunate experiences with replicas, and I'd be worried to try it even for a dream dress. Thank you though anon!
>>
>>10535501
Thank you for the suggestion, but I would never trust xianyu for a dream dress.
>>
>>10535529
yeah, gonna pass on that one unfortunately. mostly just crossing my fingers for a rerelease lol
>>10535553
beautiful taste anon
>>
>>10535562
>memorialbunnies@gmail.com
Email sent!
>>
I haven't come across a replica that pretended to be brand yet. I also use a trustworthy SS that asks for photos at payment and checks upon arrival. They told me Taobao/Xianyu is extremely safe as, in short, your money sits with Taobao for a long time until everything is okay, like Paypal but better and they give you your money back if you've been scammed. I can't remember the full process that they told me.
>>
>>10535514
Do all of the black Be My Valentine have the printing error or it just one dress making rounds thru different owners on LM with a printing error? I've seen two.
>>
>>10535572
What SS?
>>
File: ddmeme.png (834 KB, 821x581)
834 KB
834 KB PNG
Looking for the Baby Celestial Harmonia OP or Spica JSK...
>>
>>10535600
Do you mean black Milky Planet?
>>
>>10535572
Yeah I’ve bought quite a few pieces from xianyu that are definitely real, my ss checks production numbers and all the details. I know there’s a lot of fear out there about xianyu but I think the chances of getting scammed with an amazingly intricate replica are pretty low.
>>
>>10535373
>Help desu.
heheh
how fitting
>>
>>10535637
I saw the JSK cut in navy with matching headbow for $300 on Fril.jp a few days ago, idk if its still up though
>>
>>10535661
Shoot, flubbed and clicked the wrong one. Like, big flub. How.
>>
It's the ferret. Reminds me of my little guy who passed two years ago. Prefer it in black but ill honestly take any color at this point .
>>
File: dream dresses.jpg (925 KB, 3264x1009)
925 KB
925 KB JPG
Only this pic cut and colorway for funeral procession of rose thank you :>
>>
>>10534648
You've probably already done this anon but in case you havent: if you look on LM there was a sax TM OP that simply expired and never sold. You could DM the seller and ask if they still wanted to sell it. I've gotten a few items I've wanted this way.
Good luck getting your TM!!!
>>
>>10535667
What ss do you use, anon?
>>
Still looking
One day...
>>
>>10535859
Thank you for the advice! I messaged them I think last year and I believe that they no longer have Lacemarket or the same email? The message wasn't even read.
>>
>>10535825
Good luck anon! I'm after it in mustard. I'll keep an eye out for you.
>>
>>10535862
Bellshrimp
>>
Still on the hunt for BTSSB Cheerful Lemon JSK I in Ivory with any matching accessories...
>>
>>10534646
Use the catalog next time before starting a new thread, OP. It didn’t hit autosage. >>10511355
>>
>>10535923
Thanks! I'll do the same if I see it in yellow its probably the one colorway I wouldn't consider just cause I don't think it works with my skin tone.
>>
File: EADeDVvU8AA4-8L.jpg (260 KB, 1000x1500)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Constantly on the hunt for Royal Princess Alice Melty Hospital OP in pink!
>>
>>10536073
Yeah that's fair. It's just such a beautiful yellow that's never used in lolita, as soon as I saw it I knew I needed it.
>>
>>10536015
No one cares. Go away
>>
I hate that finding this feels impossible now, AP can you re-release it please?
>>
>>10536097
Are you dumb or something? This board is slow as heck, we don’t need two threads about the same topic because OP is too dumb to use the catalog.
>>
>>10536119
Someone explained why in the old thread. Also who gives af it's just a thread on the internet, it's not going to come and kill you
>>
>>10536101
This dress is so cute. I hope for a rerelease too.
>>
>>10536164
People from old thread say that need for a new thread is explained here. I stuck in recursion.
>>
>>10536101
Selling this is my biggest regret
>>
>>10536164
Noone explained a damn thing and the old thread is still being used. It's just dumb. Also, you're acting like being pissed about stupid shit is such a novel thing here on cgl, yet here we all are.
>>
>>10536164
“Someone”

Jesus this thread is a flaming pile of shit
>>
>>10536172
Oh really? No one can remember. It's too far back maybe idk
>>
>>10536188
In all honesty it should have just stopped at the anon asking why theres a new thread. But as you mentioned, cgl threads, even the dream dress threads are full of grumpy people so no
>>
I feel stupid with how bad I want this
>>
Girly Leopard jsk in pink, but black is ok too! I'm desperate for the furry beret as well...
>>
>>10536278
You should feel stupid
>>
>>10534646
Why are there two DD threads on the first page of the board?

You didn’t even link to the old one correctly newfag
>>
>>10536278
The JSK is on LM for $700 lmao
>>
File: update of wtb dresses.png (1.84 MB, 1715x850)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
wtb
>>
>>10535637
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b507897653
>>
>>10535924
seconding this. they're the absolute best.
>>
I'm still looking for this style of the wonder party jsk in brown; I'll pay a lot more if matching socks and kc are included. Took a break from consuming lolita media so I haven't been up to date on sales.
>>
>>10536311
lul good luck
>>
>>10535924
>>10536437
Have you ever asked them how do they authentificate the items? Can they provide you a photo of paper and/or care tags before purchase?
>>
>>10536311
Candy fairy is being re released
>>
>>10536576
I'm not sure but they seem to know their stuff. You can also ask for pics when it arrives. But Taobao backs up it's buyers really really well, especially by holding your money.

If you think about it, all SS in Japan buy brand items, it's the same thing...
>>
>>10536656
Doesn't xianyu have more replicas?
>>
>>10536656
I kinda trust japanese sellers better. They have the most access to brand, so replica might appear less likely.

OT, but as for myself personally I think if I consider resorting to xianyu it's probably a hint that I need to take a break and maybe do not obsess over things that much. Items will pop on sale eventually, no need to try getting the whole wishlist in one month, set aside the fact that I can't and shouldnt do that to my funds.
>>
>>10536679
>Items will pop on sale eventually, no need to try getting the whole wishlist in one month, set aside the fact that I can't and shouldnt do that to my funds.

This. I seriously need to cut down on obsessing over 2nd hand markets for my wishlist. But then there's that feeling of fomo in case my dream dress comes up. Very annoying, I feel like I'm becoming an addict
>>
>>10536656

There's no point telling us taobao 'backs buyers really really well', because xianyu isn't foreigner-friendly. So the buyer that taobao "backs really really well" won't be us, the lolitas, it'll be the shopping service that's acting as a middleman.

That's why other anon is asking how they authenticate, because we want to know how proactive that SS is going to be in spotting replicas, or if they're just going to process every request like a robot so that they can collect their SS fees.
>>
>>10536715
Yeah, all of this. A chargeback only hurts your SS, not the scammer, and would also get you banned. Your only recourse would be to get your SS to get a refund and that would be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>10536715

Nta but when I bought through CLU before they'd authenticate for me on request and obtain tags and such. If they didn't reply after a while they would advise me to drop the listing based on that and that's what we would do. I haven't had an issue with purchased items so far.
>>
>>10536715
NTA but i used them as a SS and requested additional pictures of damage and the tags (the AP tag and the care tag) and they got them from the seller for me pretty quickly. I think they're two people and I know at least one of them is a lolita so I wasn't too worried about it.
>>
>>10536718
>>10536719

See, this is stuff that would be actually useful to know. Not that other nonsense about "taobao backs buyers really well" when we aren't even the buyers that taobao will back.

That's why I brought it up. Anon was basically just spouting nonsense. It might be accurate info, but it's misleading as everything really falls on the SS, not on taobao, so what we'd really want to know is how well the SS works, how they authenticate, do they know their stuff, how good are they are spotting replicas, etc. Not how well taobao will "back the buyer that isn't us".
>>
File: 1608708634346.jpg (35 KB, 250x333)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
May as well also post my second priority dress as well since Ive seen several people express selling interest recently. Dreamy Dollhouse (+KC ideally) in either JSK, any color (black or lav preferable). Seeing the OP on LM recently gives me hope.
>>
File: rose_20dressup.jpg (79 KB, 280x373)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
still iso of rose dress up in the dusty pink colorway!!
>>
>>10536725
Rude much lmao. It was a short way/me trying to remember what they basically told me. I recommend asking your Chinese SS how Xianyu buyer protection works. My SS let me know that they would freely request a refund if anything went wrong or I wasn't sure about the authenticity (although they would check using the tags and official pictures for me). If you're that scared, don't use Xianyu really
>>
Lately I really fell in love with CDC in navy.
It’s hard to get a hold of the tiered JSK though.
>>
>>10537071
Do you care about color? There’s affordable brand new set with socks in lavender. I guess I saw blue too, not sure about cut, but condition looked meh and it was way over the retail. Navy is hard to catch tho. I remember this post from CC’s Twitter featuring the navy set for really cheap, but no way it would make it to the online store.
>>
>>10537101
Ugh, I didn’t see your mention of color. Good luck anyways
>>
>>10537101
Thank you anon, but so far I'm rather set on navy, because it's the most elegant iny my opinion and matches my wardrobe best!
It's a very new dream dress in my list, so I don't mind waiting a bit before considering other colorways.
>>
>>10537071
I hope you find this anon! I've been waiting for it to pop up for me. Finally settled for the regular JSK haha
>>
>>10537346
This is the dress that would probably benefit from being poly. Although I don’t know what conditions it was stored in, there’s a navy jsk on LM (not tired), the color looks rather good.
>>
>>10537346
If you look on LM, people tend to sell pink colorway or regular jsk-s more. Tiered blue colorways seem to be mostly keepers.
>>
>>10537624
I don't even like the dress but the amount of fading here makes me so sad.
>>
>>10537652
Ayrt, I have the pink tiered JSK, but the navy is definitely the best one lol
>>
>>10537624
Pretty sure that is the blue not the navy.
>>
>>10537684
The regular JSK on LM which anon mentioned is though.
>>
>>10537684
Nayrt and yeah I think so too. The fading is still awful though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.