[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

113 Canadians

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1343644088770.jpg (434 KB, 1066x1600)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
Gerfags, how are you holding up in lockdown?

Spoons:
Do you have any hopes for conventions in 2021?
Cosplans for this year, with or without cons?
Tiktok: based or cringe?
Will Animexx ever come back?
>>
coomer picture
>>
>>10533437
coomers deserve the wall
>>
>>10533452
>coomers are based
ftfy
>>
>>10533437
Ah, I remember the drama about this and the animexx rating system.
>>
>>10533437
Ohhhh, this brings back memories. I remember the drama.

As I'm an oldfag I hope Animexx would come back. But unless they relaunch the system and website completely and get up to social media standards that won't happen.

No cons planned because of rona. This shitfest will take ages to be over.
Focusing on creating new lolita coords during lockdown.
>>
>>10533437
I used to wear lolita at work and now I rarely get to wear it anymore. I’m just holding out for spring at this point.

TikTok is cringe and I have no hope for Animexx or Dunkelsüß at this point
>>
File: 1285443191001.png (627 KB, 910x1462)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>10533469
that's why I posted it
>>
any noteworthy drama going on currently?
>>
>>10533446
that is indeed a coomer picture
>>
>>10533999
only in smaller circles I guess, but I'm curious as well. I heard animexx is in financial struggles as Animuc might be done for good. But who cares. Other than that, just the typical drama in facebook gaming groups and on twitter. It's fascinating what people post about their private affairs on those platforms. but it's hilarious as well, I follow a number of accounts just for the drama and mental breakdowns.
>>
Should I visit one of these in Germany when lockdown ends?
>>
>>10534221
Never visit Germany. It sucks here
>>
>>10534221
yeah, we have quite a few decent conventions here. gamescom, dokomi, connichi and animagic for example.
>>
whats your guess on what will the next actual (non-digital) convention be?
MCC at the LBM in May? Dokomi?
>>
Are there any northern lolita comms left? All the ones on fb seem to be dead.
>>
>>10535295
Ask again next year.
>>
>>10535326
Most groups are on WhatsApp atm. Post in the fb group and ask if yhey moved to another platform this helps
>>
>>10535295
Dokomi has still to confirm their date, I expect them to move later in the year, similar to what they did 2020. I don't think MCC is gonna happen with hard lockdown being discussed until march right now.

Maybe animagic or connichi? Then I again I think we will have to bear social distancing trough most of the year and I don't see how they could implement such measurements in their locations. Has anyone heard about plans for gamescom?
>>
which social media plattforms do you prefer most lately?
>>
>>10538685
good ol' twitter, insta and occasionally tiktok
>>
>>10535295
Tbh looking back I can’t believe Dokomi 2020 actually happened. It seems like this year is actually gonna be worse.
Kinda funny looking back at the shitstorm Dokomi got, because they didn’t „just wait a year like all the others!“. I already kinda knew 2021 wouldn’t suddenly become a con year.
>>
>>10538783
Oh wait it actually did?
I kinda lost track (and admittedly interest) of what was going on after the initial date was cancelled. Would have been my first time there.
Let's see how this year goes I guess.
>>
>>10535326
Yeah but fb is dead, I'm in a northern comm and frankly never use the fb group these days.
>>
>>10539051
Yes, they actually were able to pull trough in September. I went and their safety measures were rather strict. It felt a bit different, but it was still a nice experience and the only convention I visited in all of 2020.

>>10538783
Totally agree. It was rather naive of those people to believe this would be over this year. But because of that, Dokomi might be in a good position. They have a working concept and are talking about announcing a date for 2021 - which means they are not fixed on may. I guess if any convention is having a good chance of happening this year, it's them. But then again god knows how long it will take until events are allowed again.
>>
>>10539119
>I guess if any convention is having a good chance of happening this year, it's them.
Exactly, they’re also the ones with more funds due to 2020. If we don’t have any cons this year, I expect the other cons to be bankrupt by 2022.
>>
i am kinda new into the scene, who are the milkiest bitches?
>>
>>10539140
Deine Mudda
>>
>>10539142
Kek
>>
>>10539140
depends how you feel about sjw, handmaidens and trans folk.
>>
>>10533437
>Gerfags, how are you holding up in lockdown?
Schluchtenscheißer here, not good but not bad. 2020 should have been my con year, had at least 5 cons planed in austria alone. And now with 2021 starting with a new lockdown and the british mutation I'm losing hope.

>Do you have any hopes for conventions in 2021?
see above

>Tiktok: based or cringe?
both, depending on your usage of it

Pls Piefke chan tell me which cons i should visit in germany, if it is possible this year.
>>
>>10539230
>>Pls Piefke chan tell me which cons i should visit in germany, if it is possible this year.

DoKomi might be the only one around this year, as mentioned above.

>>10539123
>>I expect the other cons to be bankrupt by 2022.

oof, that would be quite a desaster for the convention scene, but it's not unlikely. It must be especially hard for animagic, which is a for profit event with livelihoods at stake. But also animexx might be in big trouble, as they already had to as for donations last year. They have lost so many cons by now that covered their expenses, I can't imagine how large the damage is.
>>
>>10533437
Wait I heard that Europe had basically cured it besides those retards in Britain. Why is there still a lockdown?
>>
>>10533446
>>10534080
You can tell they're not into it, though. It's not coomworthy if their hearts aren't in it.
>>
>>10540234
what do you think the word pandemic stands for? It's a worldwide desease. It's not going away somewhere just because the numbers went low for some time. Not in Europe, not in China, not in Australia. Hence we can only hope for the vaccine to be distributed quickly.
>>
>>10540424
it's fine in China anon. it's over.
>>
>>10540428
they litterally locked in 4 million people again last week due to 100 or so cases
>>
>>10540234
>Why is everyone panicking? Only one room of the house is on fire, and I'm not in it.
>>
>>10540234
Naw, there are still lockdowns and nightly curfews all over europe. Tbh the current lockdown is much harder than the first one. In some areas ppl are restricted to a 15km/9miles area around their home.
>>
any virtual event's you ar looking forward to at least?
>>
>>10541123
not in Spain - the fiorst lockdown there was basicaly "house arrest for everyone". And it worked. Now they are with curfews and city/province/whatever restrictions like the rest of Europe, and it is NOT working.
Draw your conclusions.
>>
How high are duties for receiving parcels from Japan in Germany? How crazy are officers? I'd heard some really shitty stories from other EU countries and now I'm kinda scared to order from closetchild
>>
>>10544505
There's a Freihandelsabkommen between Germany and Japan, so you'll only have to pay 19% tax if your order (including shipping) is under 500€. It really depends on the city you live in, some officers are more strict, some are pretty laid back. Supposedly you won't even have to open your package in the office due to the virus..
>>
>>10544640
Thank you! Sounds good for me. I'm from third world country and will relocate to Berlin this summer so I know nothing about work of European services such as post and customs
>>
>>10541123
>Tbh the current lockdown is much harder than the first one.
as long as you aren't locked inside your house it isn't really a hard lockdown
>>
>>10544640
Thanks for mentioning this. I'm German but still live in fear to make orders items above 150€ Because of the 19% import tax / Einfuhrumsatzsteuer and ~30% extra tax / Zoll for textile products on top. Is there a source for this information? I could not find official statements for private customers at the Zoll website. Calling their hotline is hopeless, guessing from past experiences...
>>
>>10544738
lern to read.
harder doesn't always equal hard, it's simply a grammatical comparison to distinguish two things
>inb4 grammar nazi
>>
Which shopping service do you use to buy from taobao/mercari/rakuma? Are there any good fabric/cosplay materials/lolita stores in Germany?
>>
>>10545519
I use Mikenekobox (Twitter, german) or Luna‘s Delivery Service (Instagram, english). I heard some also use Yumkeks (german).
>>
Alright folks, LBM is cancelled and Dokomi postponed. Everything as expected.

Also, internet is full of drama again.
>>
>>10545524
Thank you! Do they mark the parcels as gifts?
>>
>Gerfags, how are you holding up in lockdown?
Working abroad in a place with less restrictions than Germany. Feels pretty good.

>Do you have any hopes for conventions in 2021?
Absolutely not and even if some might take place I won't be attending. The DoKomi Fiasco last year was enough of a dumpster fire.

>Will Animexx ever come back?
I'm praying every single night that it does.
>>
>>10545662
Yes, they do and they mark them down however you like it.
>>
>>10545557
>Also, internet is full of drama again.
when isn't it
>>
lol, gamescom asks if you would pay 50 or 70 - up to 300€ per dayticket for gamescom 2021. Would you, anon?
>>
animagic down, dokomi postpponed to august. just like I kinda expected
>>
>>10533452
It's kind of an old album isn't it? Why not something a little bit more modern? What do the kids listen to these days? Creed?
>>
>>10533469
>>10533473
Drama?
Can you give me a run-down?

And is Animexx really down?
Afaik, I can still visit the site
>>
>>10551628
no
>>
>>10540238
I dunno, there can be a certain appeal to that sort of performative artificiality. You know, much the same as the appeal of cosplay in general.
>>
>>10551628
no thanks
>>
>>10535295
There are digital conventions?
>>
>>10568386
digikomi in may and maybe connichi
>>
>>10533437
butt
>>
bought my dokomi ticket today. let's see if it's gonna happen
>>
>>10571907
I'm not gonna buy a single ticket this year. Still have 3 left from last year which are valid for this (or the next) year.
IF a con is happening and I want to go, I'm getting the ticket at the door.
>>
>>10573337
box office might not be always available though. but then again it doesn't hurt to wait and just buy shortly before the event
>>
After the pandemic I want to join a community again after 5 years of beeing a lonelita.

Which one is the most judgmental and superficial com in Germany? I think I belong there and would fit right in
>>
>>10581013
Lmao anon don’t you want to search locally?

Is there a national Lolita Forum for us Germans like Dunkelsüß used to be? Or even a Discord?
>>
>>10581024
My local com is full of gender snowflakes and sissys and since I have a well paying job right now I just want to find a cool com
>>
>>10581064
Ladies from the empire
>>
>>10581024
There is actually a discord. Someone posted a link in the court of fables facebook group
>>
>>10581116
If that was my local com I would be a lonelita as well
>>
>>10581220
Who the hell thought this angle was a good idea?
>>
>>10581254
They all don't look very smart so I think it was a group effort
>>
>>10581220
I´m sorry but how to busty girls like this fit into dresses blows my mind
>>
>>10581309
Determination and no shame
>>
wish the Harajuku Closet would stop with THIS.

They sell their dresses new with tags but regularly dance and jump around in them for their really shitty instagram reels. They treat the store like their personal dress up closet where they and their friends can wear the dresses for tiktok challenges and then sell them for original prices because the tag is still attached.

The giant Usakumya they sold recently was rubbed against their faces numerous times in multiple videos to a point that even the girls in my com that would've bought it otherwise felt deterred. It's a shame that the store is going down like this.
>>
File: ExeVd1hXMAI7TKr.png (401 KB, 460x460)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
Connichi: go woke get broke
>>
>>10583420
Omg I never realized this but I checked out the girl in the video and she’s definitely not a Lolita so the clothes are 100% from the rack. Great.

Although, when you go to a clothing store things will be tried on aswell but at least not sweated in for a reel...
>>
>>10584336
yes! Its totally understandable if you try it on because you maybe want to buy it. But they are wearing it for reels only..
>>
>>10583420
I thought I was the only one feeling uncomfortable by that. I stopped shopping there after seeing them doing this to their poor dresses.
>>
>>10585718
Yea unfortunately it’s the only shop who sells burando in DE
>>
>>10583420
If their friends want to make tiktok videos in those dresses than they should buy them. I mean it's like going into the Harajuku Closet and trying the dresses on, make coord pictures for instagram and then hang them back. I hope they read this and stop this shit. Right now they're selling used dresses with the tag still attached.
>>
>>10583420
Why are you telling lies? I following them too and there is not one single video where someone rubbing their face in the kumya.
>>
>>10587068
Op is talking about live streames they used to do before corona.
They were promoting K-pop stuff and mangas from their store while cuddling the Kumya. I saw it too

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
Rake icon made by iconixar from www.flaticon.com