[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 108 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Day 8.png (287 KB, 500x320)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
It's January everyone! Time for the traditional wardrobe post!

>Have you gotten started?
>Favorite wardrobes from last year? Any you're looking forward to/hoping for?
>Best place for posting?
>Photographing everything or just the main pieces?
>dress form or flatlays?
>Traditional wardrobe post, Instagram wardrobe challenge or video?

Discuss and share everything about Wardrobe posts!
>>
i really want to do a wardrobe post because my new apartment has great lighting, but idk how to display them now that i don't have my mannequin. would neatly arranged flatlays and detail shots in good lighting be attractive?

i'd probably photograph everything but it would take ages for 60 main pieces, maybe floordinates...
>>
Are we still using LJ? I don't have do IG.
>>
>>10528524
most people did last year
>>
>>10528528
Senpai it’s been going downhill for a while
>>
I've been around for about 5 years but have never done a wardrobe post. The task is daunting now because I have so much. If I did a wardrobe post, I'd want to include all my brand accessories too because they are a large part of my wardrobe. Maybe it's insane, but I wish people would go through their blouses/otks/jewelry/wristcuffs individually. I love seeing that stuff.
>>
>>10528554
same. i am tempted to do an in depth video since i finally have all the things i want. i have so much i had to divide everything into seasonal wardrobes. i'm also a sucker for novelty items. i will see if i have time and effort to do it all.
>>
>>10528554
There's a lot of people Who divide main pieces, accessories, blouses, etc into separate videos.

>>10528516
Yes please! I love seeing people's wardrobes in flatlays, mannequin, video, desu any kind of format.
>>
>>10528554
I'd definitely be posting my entire wardrobe including accessories, socks, blouses, everything. I think wardrobe posts with just main pieces are entirely inadequate and I don't even bother looking at them.
>>
>>10528507
I want to make it, but I'm too busy to even stop and start photographing everything.
I don't own many branded blouses or accessories, so I'll be doing only main pieces, like every past year.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before the end of February.
>>
>>10528548
Everything's going downhill.
>>
>>10528622
This 100%
>>
>>10528595
If you do one every year blouses and accessories don't change as much as main pieces. I have so many blouses I stopped buying new ones
>>
>>10528524
>>10528528
I would really love it if wardrobe posts became
"a thing" on another platform. Like an FB group, Disc, etc. I'd do it myself if I knew shit about running something like that.
>>
>>10528524
Why don't people use Dreamwidth? It has all the features of LJ but none of the downsides.
>>
>>10528793
I'm up for dreamwidth revival.
>>
>>10528766
I would love a facebook group for wardrobe sharing.
>>
>>10528811
Someone pls make one
>>
>>10528516
Yes, that would be attractive! But floordinates with 30 main pieces will take you forever. I did that when I had like...30 main pieces and it was a pain in the arse.

>>10528524
I'm going to post on my blog this year, and link on LJ. They're all over the place, which is a pity, but just do what's easiest for you.

>>10528811
I am also keen for this.
>>
>>10528832
Meant to say 60 the first time lol.
>>
>>10528507
I've never done it before, but I sold like 1/4 of my wardrobe this past year and it's making me regret not having old wardrobe posts to look back on for comparison
Maybe I will start this year
>>
>>10528806
>>10528793
God same. Fuck instatwitter
>>
>>10528811
could it be an open group like Lolita Updates is? I want to lurk.
>>
How many main pieces should you have before making a post?
>>
>>10528918
I'd say at least 5, I don't think you need to have a ton of dresses but under that amount wouldn't give you much to look at.
>>
>>10528918
If you only have 5 main pieces and no accessories or blouses or anything then don’t even bother
>>
>>10528918
Going against the grain to say...post anything! You have literally one outfit? post it if you want! Especially if you plan to be int he fashion for a while it's fascinating to see someone post year after year from a tiny beginning.
>>
>>10528813
>>10528832
>>10528842
Anon you all replied to, just wanted to mention not to hold your breath for me to make the group. I'm way too shy to be a group creator/mod. So someone without social anxiety please make us a fb group lmao.
>>
>>10528918
If you have at least one, I think it's good to go. I like wardrobe posts to see real photos of the dresses, so if you own one or 30, either way is a win=win situation for me.
>>
I’m actually interested in making a wardrobe post now that it’s the fullest it’s ever been. It’s still not a whole lot but I wouldn’t mind sharing it and seeing for myself what’s still missing.
>>
File: 4324234.png (1.34 MB, 844x594)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
What kind of wardrobes do you guys find the most impressive in terms of size or it's contents(rare items, curated cohesive theme)?
>>
>>10529070
i'd rather see a decent sized wardrobe of rare/exciting items then a huge one of items i don't care for. I do love themed wardrobes though, there's this one girl on instagram who only collects mintxbrown chocolate prints and I think that's real cool (your pic reminded me)
>>
>>10529070

Gigantic floral and classic solid wardrobes desu. I like seeing all the florals together, it remind me of a very nicely curated garden.
>>
>>10529070
Definitely cohesive theme. I have only specific themes I collect and like seeing others with different ones to my own or who style the same pieces I like uniquely from me for inspo.
>>
>>10528766
>>10528811
For what purpose even? The image resolution on any other platform is shit, and wardrobe posts were originally to show off details and the beauty of items and not just to flex.
>>
>>10528507
Can't we just make one on here? I wish there was a way to make one without revealing your identity.
>>
>>10529079
Thanks, anon. I have a small ~capsule~ wardrobe (my closet literally looks like photo) and this made me feel better about posting
>>
>>10529081
nayrt and idk if this is more kawaii lifestyle than wardrobe since it's not specifically about the particular clothes, but wardrobe posts are also a way for me to get inspo for cute ways to store my lolita items (in my regular more minimal pastel closet vs separate/on display and aesthetically in its own way)
>>
>>10529083
There is if you don't post on SM or have a LM profile people can stalk. The first is easy, the second is hard because gulls are naturally curious or bored and like to figure that stuff out. I've resigned myself to never posting my wardrobe on my sm but people can still see LM.
>>
I will probably make a dreamwidth since I wanted a solid blog anyways. I dont use fb.
>>
>>10529070
I'm impressed by ones where the owner does sample coords for the main pieces, not necessarily worn - flatlay is fine.
>>
>>10529090
Would it be worthwhile to start a wardrobe community now? So people have somwhere to post?
>>
File: 2342342.jpg (184 KB, 1074x706)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>10529086
Every year anon suggest this thing, and every year I feel against it. Community is too small and clothes are too limited, it's easy to spot the person by their wardrobe pattern. Someone of your followers may recall they saw this selection of clothes somewhere. You can only keep it anonymous if you have zero online presence.
>>
>>10529118
Ayrt, this is why I don't post my wardrobe anywhere. I buy 30/70 from LM and secondhand Japan and don't want people to have any more about me than they already do. And I'm a fucking nobody. Imagine people with dedicated lolita SM accounts. I like seeing others' wardrobes but there's no real value in me sharing my wardrobe in full and a lot of potential detriment.
>>
>>10529086
>>10529118
>>10529124
Alright. I thankfully don't have any online presence, but a LM. I guess I'll just leave out my LM purchases out of a potential post then.
>>
>>10529124
Nayrt, but what exactly is the potential detriment? Is your comm anti-cgl or what?
>>
>>10529084 i hope i can get my wardrobe to at least look this nice
>>
>>10529198
It makes me so happy to open every day, but if you imagine an actual wardrobe post with all of these items its not impressive. hoping cute cover shots will help with my fears
>>
>>10528793
Because it’s full of role players and games for role players
>>
>>10529205
One community using it does not preclude another from using it at all since communities are mostly siloed. Do you have no clue how lj/dw works?
>>
>>10528793
Just made an account
>>
>>10528918
Beautiful photos of 3 main pieces is worth more than horrible photos of 50 pieces
>>
>>10529070
i prefer wardrobes that have pieces off the beaten path--smaller brands, indie brands, handmade pieces, very old pieces, or pieces from lolita-adjacent brands like JM. i often just skip over wardrobes that are mostly just print pieces from main brands unless they stage them really well
>>
>>10529070
I like seeing lots of brand accessories
>>
File: closet.jpg (1.25 MB, 1079x1590)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>10529198 same anon as earlier. I only have so much space in my house so a lot of my other clothes are stuck together along with my partners but I keep my jsks and blouses in easy access, also cause I enjoy looking at them. (My shoes and accessories are elsewhere in the room) Someday I'll have a nicer and separate closet
>>
>>10529344
if that petticoat is organza don't hang it up you goober! smoosh it in a bag or a drawer or smth so it maintains poof.
>>
>>10529353
That’s clearly not organza newfag
>>
>>10529191
NTA but my comm bans anyone if they're caught using cgl. It might also tempt psycho anons like h*nikami b*ar to start messaging the owners to sell their dresses.
>>
>>10529361
Yeah this used to be a rule in ours until our psycho mods left
>>
>>10529355
>>10529353
That also isnt how you treat organza
>>
>>10529355
>>10529370
whatever the fabric is that isn't hard tulle, and storing them like that is common/helps keep the puff. sorry i don't know fabrics but it's still true
>>
>>10529371
No, its not. That's a stupid rumor that got started on Facebook. Balling up organza and chiffon will just wrinkle it and make it sit shitty.

Both will deflate over time naturally. The difference between these fabrics and tulle is you can get them a litte wet, chuck them in the drier, and then the magically reinflate
>>
>>10529361
>my comm bans anyone if they're caught using cgl
Really? As a Comm mod that’s so bizarre. We have banned people that use cgl in the past but only when they were caught shit posting or doxxing other members. There are many other members who come here to chat like normal functioning adults. If anything, I’d guess that’s what the average seagull does, with a vocal minority who actually cause issues.
>>
>>10529374
ymmv, i've had the same soft petti for 5 years and store it in a drawer and it's as good as ever. guess it starts with not buying a bad one
>>
>>10529376
Fascinating. So it doesn't wrinkle? What material is it?
>>
>>10529353 Its not anything high quality its some taobao petti I bought awhile ago thats kinda deflated. I use a hoop petti nowadays, the one in the photo just gets used for cosplays since I don't see a reason to just get rid of it
>>
>>10529511
You sound new to this thread. A lot of us have done it before and the dynamic hasn't changed significantly over the past few years.
>>
>>10529084
Cute wardrobe! Deets on strawberry skirt?
>>
>>10529562
That’s not their wardrobe newlita. And that skirt is Angelic Pretty’s Millefeuille. Good luck trying to find that.
>>
>>10529581
Nayrt; it's Strawberry Millefeuille, and I literally just bought the OP and skirt in pink off fril after they sat for months. I'm sure it'll pop up again and it comes up often in mint as well.
>>
>>10529511
Why are you talking in third person? You are on cgl, retard.
>>
>>10529511
bold of you to assume im not a lonelita who doesnt give a fuck
>>
I want to start building my wardrobe post today but I’m not sure how to take pictures. Should I put just the dress on the mannequin and do the blouses separately or should I put a blouse/cardigan under each one?
>>
Does anyone do wardrobe posts using stock photos, or is there no point?
>>
>>10529728
People do for themselves but not really to post. People used to do collages like this a LONG time ago more often but between people dress doxxing and crying larp it stopped
>>
>>10529241
I resurrected mine. Investigated the egl scene. Simply put, there isn't one, and the egl page is dead. Unsure how to resurrect the egl scene.
>>
>>10529816
>how to resurect scene
step one: post
>>
>>10529728
I mean, people can just google stock photos so it's not interesting to see at all. If you're just using it as a personal wardrobe catalogue that's cool of course, but I don't think it's worth posting.
>>
>>10529361
That would have made sense in the getoffegl days but unless you're shitposting or being a dick then there's no reason now...
>>
>>10529723
I'd put blouses and cardigans with the dresses
>>
@dreamwidth anons, join the discussion. maybe we can get something going
>>
okay guys, 200+ main piece anon here, i am going to see about getting a video done next week or so. bf is going to help me on his day off. prepare for the frills!
>>
>>10530732

I'm excited anon. I hope others don't tear you down out of jealousy though
>>
>>10530732
Holy shit! This is the biggest collection I've ever heard of! How long have you been at it? I'm imagining your glorious closet right now lol.
>>
>>10530732 hell yeah, cant wait to see
>>
>>10530732
Wow I’m so excited to see your closet layout and what pieces you have.
>>
>>10530732
200? is jahr coming out of hiding to post her wardrobe?
>>
>>10530759
I used to be at the same size, it pilles up fast if one is into oldschool and solids. However, if it's prints and/or sweet, anon must have been long at it.

>>10530896
kek
>>
>>10530896
Newfag here. Who is that?

>>10530940
Dang that's a lot. Wish I could afford that many dresses.
>>
Is it obnoxious to start off a wardrobe video telling people not to message me asking to sell? I have a few rare dresses and I already get messages about them.
>>
>>10530944
NTA but if you start buying, you’ll be surprised at how quickly they’ll add up, especially if you look for deals. Nobody gets a 100+ pc wardrobe overnight, it’s a process that takes multiple years. You can one day have the wardrobe of your dreams if you’re practical about it!
>>
>>10530949
tell them to go suck a dick u ain't sellin ur dresses
>>
>>10530732
I really want to know what style your wardrobe is, anon!
I find very large collections fascinating because there's not even 200 dresses I want. I'm at 60-ish AP dresses and there's not much left on my list, and the new releases haven't been tempting at all. It'll be exciting to see when you post!

>>10530949
It should be understood without saying. Just don't mention it and ignore the messages. Don't give the thirsty-litas any satisfaction.
>>
>>10530944
>Who is that
lurk moar

>Wish I could afford that many dresses
easy, have a career that pays more than minimum wage, and be in lolita for multiple years. Girls with large wardrobes are usually the ones that have been at it for awhile, or have decent-paying careers, or both.
>or are lying but let's pretend
>>
>>10531001
NTA but they said they are new lmao
>>
>>10530949
Just babble something about how 'you're a forever home to all these beauties' or something.
>>
>>10531005
and that's exactly why they should lurk more before posting
>>
>>10531013
It was a legit question. You've probably been here for a year and are calling people newfags. Top kek
>>
>>10530949
The most annoying shit lol. Maybe just do what other anon said about saying these dresses are gonna be in your life forever or something then also note a disclaimer in the description that it's NOT a sales post tour. I've seen a couple of people do that in the past, writing in no sales.
>>
>>10530732
Ooh, awesome. What a lot of work! Can't wait to see it.
>>10530944
Anon you can, when you're around 10-15 years it adds up unless you are only buying on christmas & birthdays. Like above anon, mines at 225 main pieces mostly burando, only 2 taobao pieces (I am chronically ill so a wardrobe post would be outside of my scope)

Just keep at it and soon you will be needing downsizing!
>>
>>10531013
I agree.
>>
>>10530479
Thank you! I messed around with it the other day and I think it does look better with a blouse/cardigan vs. alone
>>
>>10530732
Whoa mama, that’s a lot, I’m looking forward to seeing this! Do you have trouble storing everything or do you have large closet space?
>>
>>10530944
Jahr used to be someone with a huge wardrobe and a few desired pieces who made wardrobe videos where she acted a bit obnoxious, threw her pieces around, made remarks about not fitting into most of her stuff, not liking lolita anymore, baiting about selling it several times but never going through with it etc. She deleted all of those videos now.

And like other anons said, it's definitely attainable for someone with a good income and/or little other expenses, it just takes a few years and some bargain hunting (which probably gets harder with every year now). I had over 200 after 5 years, but downsized to 80-something now because it was way too much for me to wear.
>>
>>10531016
And legit questions can be answered by... lurking more. It's also not like we don't have a huge archive spanning over a decade back of archived posts.

It's like people forgot the etiquette of lurking until you understand board culture, not just posting on day 1 like newfags do nowadays.
>>
>>10531130
>makes up etiquette about lurking
Just admit you get off on calling people "newfag" and telling them to lurk more and look up archives on day 1 lmfao. Congrats on feeling superior and 5/7 I guess
>>
>>10531139
Nayrt but have you been on any board other than /cgl/? Lurking more isn't made up by anyone, it's 4chan culture.
>>
>>10531139
It's common culture across all the boards to fucking lurk more, go be dumb somewhere else
>>
>>10531139
feel free to read this any time
http://yotsubasociety.org/how_to_lurk_moar/
>>
>>10531139
You sound like a newfag.
>>
>>10531139
it's even more funny because not once did I ever say the word "newfag" in either of my posts. Think you should also take my advice and maybe lurk more before continuing to post here.
>>
Was really happy with the photos I took a couple of years ago. I lived at a different place then.

Took some photos today at my new place. The lighting is shit. No wardrobe post this year, I guess
>>
>>10531392
kind of a mood, when i lived at home my room was pink and cutesy and made for good background. now my place is meh until i have the will to decorate and furnish. boring pics this year
>>
>>10531139
Ironically this isn't just a /4chan/ thing, its also old lolita culture. Unfortunately, we stopped doing it when we left livejournal because there were no longer archives, but you bet your ass we would if we could
>>
>>10531140
>>10531206
>>10531147
You have literally been samefagging to defend your triggered self throughout this thread. Top kek
>>
>>10531402
do you seriously think you can sperg about saying lurk more and not have 15 people say something on here?
>>
>>10531402
if you don't like the almost 20 year old established board culture then you can leave, newfag
>>
>>10531445
>>10531405
Nta but chill damn
>>
>>10531452
posters that expect to get spoonfed 24/7 are annoying, especially when we even HAVE a spoonfeeding thread and people are still like "here's a question I'm too lazy to find any information about myself, please do the work for me"
>>
>>10531466
It was one question that anon asked, but once again cgl proves their ability to fuck up every thread is unparalleled.

>>10530732
Excited to see this!
>>
>>10529382
Soft petties are usually chiffon
>>
>>10529070
I admire wardrobes that are cohesive- it's so cool to see the result of someone caring about how each dress they purchase fits into the whole vision they had for their wardrobes. It makes me feel like I know something personal- like, oh, it's the girl who loves mushroom prints and Peppermint Fox, I bet she's really down to earth.

But really, my FAVORITE favorite wardrobe posts are the ones with detailed stories about how people acquired their dresses. I feel so happy reading them! It's nice when people share things like 'finally won an auction for a dress in my preferred cut/colorway after 3 years!!' Before I got into the fashion, I was like, that's gonna be me!
>>
>>10530896
200+ pieces is pretty common anon, especially with lolitas who have been in this for over 10 years. I'm sure Tamie and other efamous lolitas have that many too
>>
>>10531716
Meanwhile I barely have 80 pieces and my room already looks like a hoarders den.

>Tfw will probably never be rich enough to have a dedicated room just for my wardrobe.
>>
>>10531716
it was a joke
>>
>>10531716
not really
>>
>>10531716
Anon, when people say "pieces" they mean main pieces. Unless you think its common to turn an entire room into a closet in which case please go outside
>>
>>10531716
200 main pieces is common? What
>>
>>10531716
please name a single confirmed lolita that ISN'T misako that has a 200+ main pieces closet

hell I'm not even sure misako has that much
>>
>>10532214
I bet Misako does have that much because she has a whole room for her wardrobe and yet still struggles taking things off the racks and putting them back in her wardrobe videos because it's packed so tightly.
>>
>>10532214
I think josine does
>>
>>10532214
Ntayrt but Misako absolutely has 200+ main pieces. Doing basic math in her wardrobe video and I'm still coming out to over 400.
>>
>>10532214
doesn't that one christian lolita have a lot? not sure if it's 200 but I know it's up there
>>
>>10532231
>>10532242
I forget she probably gets a lot of her shit for free or heavily discounted so having 400+ pieces from a 20-year long lolita modeling career is an outlier, not the norm
>>
File: 1596585682649m.jpg (77 KB, 795x1024)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
I clicked on accident in this board while phoneposting, and I didn't even knew this existed outside japan. What is the proportion of males/females who dress up in this board?
>>
>>10532290
Very few men wear lolita fashion. For lolita fashion I'd say it's minimum 95% female. For cosplay I think it's probably more like 1/3 men to 2/3 women. Just my own estimates as a longtime gull and longer time lolita.
>>
>>10531139
>makes up etiquette about lurking
Holy shit fuck off newfag.
>>
>>10532322
NTA but y'all need to calm down. Get back on track.

200+ anon are you trolling us or still in the process of creating content?
>>
>>10532214
While I don’t think it’s common, I do think it’s more common than people think. I had about 150 at my worst, and it didn’t take me THAT long to get there, but I was also a shopping addict and a hoarder so y’know
>>
>>10532764
Samefag, but adding on that I don’t necessarily think that everyone who has that much is a shopping addict and/or a hoarder, just saying that was my problem. YMMV
>>
>>10532214
Avina
>>
>>10532767
200 is not hrd to aquire over time but its a considerable space investment. You basically have to be a hoarder or in lolita for collecting primarily to be there
>>
>>10532290
It’s a total sausagefest don’t even bother
>>
>>10532767
>that I don’t necessarily think that everyone who has that much is a shopping addict and/or a hoarder,
Nah I disagree. At 150-200 you start to loose track of what you own and even if you wear it daily, there are a bunch of main pieces fated to gather dust without being worn for years.

t. has been there and wears it as normal clothes
>>
>>10532784
Yeah this. Milkyfawn had what, about 60 pieces? Less? And her room was fucking PACKED. Even without all her other shit.

100+ dresses are bound to either be majorly smooshed and/or take up a massive amount of space.
>>
These boards are going for a long time. Some of us migrated from livejournal when it died having been there since the inception. Some of us are adults with our own houses anons, adults can have rooms to dedicate to their hobbies, there is no law against it. Just because you can't conceive of it doesn't mean we don't exist. No- You don't have to be a hoarder or have a shopping addiction. If you are around over 5 years with a disposable income and a love of the fashion its not hard to reach those numbers. Mens hobbies don't come under as much scrutiny and its really fucking petty.

I'm really looking forward to seeing 200 main piece anons collection. I hope others with larger wardrobes don't get chased off by marie kondo'd bints with their seven fucking dresses or whatever that spark joy.
>>
>>10532246
RR? She did a wardrobe post this year, definitely looks like it’s over 200
>>
File: Download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>10532907
Literally no one said anything you're arguing against. I had about that much too, but having a ton of stuff you don't use and only own for the sake of owning it will always be hoarder behaviour.
>>
>>10532907
You sound defensive as fuck.
>>
Thinking about joining that Wardrobe FB group but I don't wanna them sperging about owning only 4 main pieces. Good to gather them together tho.
>>
>>10532907
No one said they can't concieve of it, but having a whole room for a hobby for 25-35 year olds is difficult in many cities. Its just a large hurdle that requires commitment and a decision (or, yes, an addiction)

I don't doubt there are people with wardrobes that size. I know for a fact they exist and enjoy looking at them. However, to say they are "common" is assinine. That's excactly why they are exciting... they are exceptional
>>
>>10532246
who?
>>
Misako has a new youtube up of her 5 favourite pieces out of the 500 she owns.
>>
>>10533426
Link it?
Also, 500 pieces? Jesus. Even if you wore lolita every day you still couldn't get through all of them in a year.
>>
>>10533431
Its linked on all her socials anon.
And? She's been around forever.
>>
>>10533432
>And? She's been around forever.
I'm just saying that it's excessive.
>>
>>10533443
she gets a lot of pieces free from brands she works for
>>
>>10533444
She's also been in thw fashion almost 20 years and loves it. Assuming she has never sold a dress, she could easily have thst many since she has the space flr it (just barely)
>>
>>10533443
Lol salty poorfag can't afford dresses
>>
>>10533455
Lol shitty troll has nothing better to do than shitpost on cgl all day
>>
So what's the hashtags?
>>
Tfw 200 main piece chan hasn't delivered or I'm blind.
>>
>>10533443

She wears it pretty much daily so it makes sense she'll keep them
>>
How do you post a wardrobe without pissing people off that you're flexing? Like when you have 100+ brand pieces and you get excited about them, are people just bound to hate out of jealousy?
>>
>>10535869
>are people just bound to hate out of jealousy?
Yes.
>>
>>10535869

Why would I care about what poor people feel?
>>
>>10535869
Just post it normally? There are several people who posted with 100+ who were just fine unless they're hoarders like jahr. Plus it's not really that special anymore nowadays.
>>
>>10533431
>>10533443

I'm just going to point out it's Misako, the kawaii ambassador, the model all lolitas know (fukusawa midori running in second), pretty much the lolita influencer.

500 is a good number to impress lolitas with and give her enough variety to model in, but on top of that, keeping that many pieces around is also a good show of authenticity. It's going to look really bad if she gets rid of everything she's given after she shills it, hanging on to them and even naming her favorite five is also a way of promoting how good the quality and design are, enough that she's making space to keep that many around.
>>
>>10535949
this, what do people expect her to do with dresses gifted to her from the brands she models for? sell them? give them away?

kind of disrespectful, i'd hold onto them too.
>>
>>10533426
I wonder if she gets everything she models for free
>>
>>10534623
That’s a new development because back in 2008-2014 the general consensus was that she didn’t wear lolita outside of events and her daily style was more along the lines of MILK and ETC, not full on lolita
>>
>>10533426
She included a pink house OP, which is a really cute dress but is it really lolita? All the dresses she signals out are long ones
>>
Recklessrave(?) put out a wardrobe post and she has 200+. Idk if I counted correctly but I think it's close to 250.
>>
>>10536178
She and a lot of lolitas wear Pink House. She even made a collaboration release with them (I don’t know if that’s the one she picked because i cba to watch the video, but it has bears). I suppose like jane marple it’s lolita adjacent. I know what you mean though, an interesting choice for top 5 lolita pieces
>>
>>10536178

Pink house has tagged their own stuff lolita, and Misako seems to agree. Lolita rules are relaxed in japan, and no one actually cares there what some fucker here thinks.
>>
>>10536181
Where did she post it?
>>
>>10536238
This
>>
>>10536238
Bullshit, they also rip eachother apart on 5ch just like here. They're even more vicious and do it simply about looks.
>>
>>10536271
They're more vicious about looks and whether or not something is ita, but they include a lot more brands and styles under the 'lolita' label.

Pink House, JM, ETC, Leur, MILK, and all those other brands that get labeled "casual" or "lolita adjacent" in the west are just straight-up lolita brands by Japanese standards. As always, the English speaking lolita community is really obsessed about The Rules and the handful of brands they can buy online.
>>
>>10536271
caps?
>>
>>10536299
In Misako's room tour, she says Leur Getter and ETC aren't lolita brands. I doubt she cares that much, to specify every time, but she almost always refers to Leur Getter, ETC, and Pink House as casual youfuku rather than lolita.

I personally don't give a shit what is/isn't considered lolita but there are obviously Japanese lolitas who do differentiate
>>
>>10536238
they might use the lolita tag just to get seen since lolitas by their stuff. considering they were never featured in any GLB, they seem to exist outside the sphere of lolita.
>>
>>10536182
Most of them were pretty recent too.
>>
>>10536269
https://arisukei.blogspot.com/2021/01/wardrobe-post-january-2021.html
>>
>>10536181
>>10536409
I counted 229 main pieces including skirts. I could've been off by a number or two though because I'm really tired lol.
>>
>>10536418
nayrt and kind of random, but I've never counted skirts as main pieces. I think it's kind of odd. It's almost like counting a blouse as a main piece.
>>
>>10536439
Why would a skirt not be a main piece??
>>
>>10536440
Because it's a... skirt? I don't know, and I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but to me, a main piece is an article of clothing that would make up more than 50% of your outfit. I wouldn't include coats as main pieces either.
>>
>>10536448
Well, without the skirt, it wouldn't be lolita now would it?
>>
>>10536448
A skirt covers half your body.

think if it this way: a lolita blouse or cutsew can be worn with a normie skirt and it won’t be lolita

But you can coordinate a lolita skirt with a normie tshirt and have it still be lolita
>>
>>10536478
I said more than 50%. I get what you're saying, but it's still not a "main" piece to me.
>>
>>10536480
Now you're just being retarded
>>
>>10536482
I already knew this was going to be an unpopular opinion, so none of this surprises me.

If you want an alternative way to look at it, what if someone's entire wardrobe was skirts (plus accessories/blouses)? Would you say that person has 10 main pieces? Would it even be considered a lolita wardrobe if you couldn't manage even one JSK or one OP?
>>
>>10536484

Uh, yeah? What if they just prefer skirts man?
>>
>>10536484
...it would be a lolita wardrobe? Like since we're supposed to be talking about wardrobe posts, yes I would love to see a wardrobe full of mostly or only skirts. Yes I would consider it a lolita wardrobe and it would be tagged as such. You picked a dumb hill to die on.
>>
>>10536484
This is the dumbest take I've seen here in ages
>>
>>10536484
I wouldn't classify skirts as main pieces, but some are as expensive if not more than JSKs and OPs so IDK.
>>
>>10536484
I was kind of with you until this post, anon.
>>
>>10536495
I think you're reading too much emotion in my posts or something because I'm hardly dying on a hill and it's not that big of a deal to me.

Skirts aren't bad and they are a valuable part of a wardrobe. They just never commanded much attention for me and I personally don't count skirts.
>>
>>10536509
NAYRT but cgl is kind of shitty in the sense that everyone is petty af and young. Don't expect much beyond insults and name calling haha. It's been like this for over a decade.
>>
>>10536448
>>10536484
>>10536509

If it helps. Try thinking of "main piece" as "main focus", and rather than thinking of how many % of the body it covers, think of it as the % of the lolita's brain it takes up.

Now, go over to the dream dress thread and notice that most girls tend to fixate on "main pieces" rather than blouses, and they don't always fixate on how many % of their body it covers, they fixate on things like what print it is, what brand made it, what colour it is, the specific cut (even skirt cuts sometimes get specified). This is all just sitting in their brain taking up attention, meanwhile when it comes to blouses it'll just be "pick something that goes with the main piece", as their focus is usually on the main piece.

Then, think about underbust jsks and high-waist long skirts. If you put them side-by-side they might even be the same length and cover the same % of the body, and the underbust jsks would still need to be worn with a blouse the same as a skirt. That's why the distinction of whether a skirt counts as a main piece is moot.

And finally. Actually iirc the term "main piece" was coined specifically to include skirts, because brands sometimes release skirts in the same print series. If it was just to group jsks and ops together we'd just call them "dresses". We call them "main piece" because that includes any skirts from the same series as the dresses. So you trying to re-define it is basically defeating the purpose of calling them "main piece" in the first place.

I mean, I kind of get what you're thinking about -- I can put together a coord with a blouse + underskirt, which is a bit odd to think about because it would be a coord that has no main piece in it.
>>
Does anyone keep up with the wardrobe challenge on insta? What’s your favorites so far? Post some you liked the most
>>
https://youtu.be/8Pc8QiGp2hA
Candy just posted hers, has she always been cross eyed?
>>
>Mexican lolita sending raids to @emrotting
>Because doing trends is "copying"
>Passive-agressive af
Why is people like that? Psyco
>>
>>10537166
This just further makes me wish some gothic lolitas would do wardrobe videos. I'm bored of all the pastel rainbow, sweet closets, they almost always have the same dresses.
>>
itt: dumbass thinks skirts are accessories
>>
>>10537179
Im bored of looking at the wardrobe posts and I will scroll past angelic pretty (most are shit I own from 1st time around as a sweet lolita) all the same but glad they are kind of a containment for newbs as all their moneys gone on decade old ap dresses leaving other secondhand brand for more seasoned lolitas
>>
>>10537207
I really like the 31 day challenge idea. Wardrobe posts may be indeed boring, but this way people can focus on the gems of their collections, the most rare items or those with a story behind them.
>>
>>10537190
another reason to never take cgl's word as gospel
>>
>>10537207
>>10537242
I don't think wardrobe posts are boring at all, but then again I don't use Instagram and am starved from the incredibly few posts I've seen on LJ this year.
>>
>>10537242
god I love this meta series. So tacky but so beautiful. What I would give for the jacket
>>
Finally finished shooting my wardrobe today! Now, to edit photos and video...and I don't wanna!
>>
Whenever people post wardrobes I look straight at the jewelry because I'm an AP whore. But I've never seen anyone have a lot. If they do, it's like maybe 10 pieces mixed in with other offbrands. It makes me feel weird because I have probably 100+ pieces of just AP.

Does anyone else have a large collection of just AP jewelry? Or am I just far from the norm? Stupid question, because I know some people don't post wardrobes or maybe don't include jewelry. But AP jewelry is such a staple of my wardrobe.
>>
>>10538844
As for me, I'm not really a jewelry collector in general. Outside of lolita, the only time I spend mega $$ is on my piercing jewelry. But anything outside of that I could care less. So in lolita, I buy the basics in jewelry to make my coords look complete. I feel like coords w/o jewelry look naked and need something to jazz it up despite me not liking jewelry in general. AP necklaces n shit look cute but ehh I rather spend that elsewhere.
>>
>>10538844
i have a large ap wardrobe by most standards but jewelry just isn't my priority. rings usually out of the question because i craft a lot and would need to take them off anyway, hate necklaces because i've had to repair way too many of my AP ones (they get caught on shit so easily), plastic bangles are too big for my wrists... so i'd only be buying it to wear in photos which isn't my MO
>>
>>10538850
Ayrt, I spend $0 on jewelry outside of lolita, so I guess there's no correlation for me lol.

>>10538852
Same for bangles. I have none because they are huge. I don't have too many rings either. But AP's bracelets and necklaces have been sturdy for me. It sucks you've had trouble with yours.
I have about 70 AP dresses (so maybe that's large too?) and I guess I shifted to loving jewelry a lot because the dresses I have left to get are the hardest ones.
>>
>>10538844
I used to have 50ish AP pieces but downsized to half that. I love the designs but most of their jewelry is thin plastic and I prefer the sturdier material Baby usually uses
>>
>>10538844
i have quite a bit of jewelry for gothic and i'd love to get more for sweet but AP jewelry prices rn are extortionate for what they are
>>
>>10535890
based
>>
>>10536176

She counts those dresses in her wardrobe too though, so your point is kind of moot.
>>
>>10537393
Fuck off gemgem

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.