[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 121 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous thread: >>10515434
>>
If I tried on a dress, do I need to wash it before selling it?
>>
>>10525069
Can you fix stretched out elastic in the shoulder straps of a dress, and if so how? I didn't do it btw, it was the owner before me.
>>
what's the general contemporary opinion on wa & qi lolita?

i haven't really been into jfashion before, bc while i like lolita proportions a lot i'm not really a fan of the very frilly/victorian influenced or pastel sort of stuff, but i've seen some wa lolita stuff that really caught my eye, idk if it's seen as corny or "ita" or whatever within jfashion circles

and second, what's sort of opinions should i expect to hear if i wear it as a white woman? i've seen some suggestions that it's cultural appropriation online (which i personally don't really care about as long as i'm not like trying to sell this stuff as being all my own ideas or using it to parody a different culture) and yeah, i'd at least like to avoid accidentally wearing something with specific ceremonial or cultural importance
>>
>>10525140
Only white women can't, sorry
>>
>>10525140
At best you'll just look like a weeb, and at worst you'll be accused of cultural appropriation.

>>10525142
More like anyone who's not Asian, period.
>>
File: Vasilisa.jpg (339 KB, 1072x1354)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>10525143

i guess that's pretty much fair - i just like the look but it's not like i can avoid the connotations that'd inevitably be associated with it. are there any other lolita derived styles i could look at that are like... less frilly/victorian based? i was thinking of trying to sew something based on lolita-esque proportions with an underskirt and stuff but based around slavic traditional wear which i'd be able to wear without much judgement since i am slavic aha. kind of inspired by stuff like pic, don't know if anyone else has done similar stuff before
>>
>>10525143
I'm just joking. I hate when white women wear dreads and shit but then ask if its okay to wear lolita or wa/qi
>>
>>10525140
Never seen any nonasian woman attempt qi, so not sure how that would turn out. Attempts at wa always look weeby as hell.

But also, only Asian-American sjws would call this cultural appropriation or whatever. Actual Asians in Asia do not give a shit if you like their clothing.
>>
>>10525140
Japanese American here, I don’t care and no one I know would either. I’d rather have this than Kim K trying to call her shitty lingerie line Kimono.
>>
>>10525069
I haven't bid on an item on LM before, I usually just buy.
I was trying to bid on something and another person kept automatically bidding higher. It seems like the user is using a bot. Is this true?
>>
>>10525153
They probably just set a higher bid limit than what you’ve bid
>>
>>10525153
There are too many people here who don't know how online auctions work
>>
>>10525144
Maybe country lolita?
>>
>>10525153
Is this copypasta now or am I imagining this exact question being posted as a facebook post?
>>
>>10525190
This is the stupid questions thread so
>>
Does anyone wear a waist cincher, chest binder, corset or anything else related to fit into some dresses that are borderline? If you do can you make any suggestions? For reference 36 just 28 inch waist. In the process of losing weight.

Also, I have never seen any lolitas without bangs. Are bangs necessary?
>>
>>10525187
Oh thank you i wasn’t aware it was possible. I usually just use the BIN option
>>
How are hoopskirts shipped? I want to add one to my taobao order, but I don't want my stuff to be put in a massive box in order to fit its circumference
>>
>>10525221
From what I know, most hoop skirts are twisted then collapsed into compact, portable sizes. Does it say whether it's adjustable?
>>
I want to buy from http://ribbonadelolita.cafe24.com/ and http://golo.firstmall.kr/main/index

I can read Korean fine, but live in Australia (don't think they do overseas shipping). Are there any reliable Korean shopping services?
>>
is this worth bidding/buying?
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/nwot-baby-bttsb-strawberry-garden-skirt-ivory
>>
I recently lost a major amount of weight, over 70 lbs, I have a one of a kind JSK that I really want to keep for sentimental reasons, despite it looking like a circus tent on me now. Who would I go to for an alteration. There is shirring in the back and I really don't want some random seamstress to hack at it. I want to keep the shape of the dress after all.
>>
>>10525251
thistledownemporium does lolita-specific alterations
>>
>>10525214
bangs aren't necessary. check thread 10397001 in the archive for some decent examples. a waist cincher can definitely help make borderline dresses look alright but binders can lead to boobloafery.
>>
>>10525221
My hoopskirt came twisted and practically exploded out if a relatively small box. I have no idea how to twist it back though, so I just remove the wires and fold the skirt lol
>>
>>10525214
I personally wear my corsets or waist cinchers when wearing skirts as it makes it lay better and cleaner on my waist. Plus if the waist band is tallish and full shirring it helps it not roll and lay flat.
>>
>>10525214
>Are bangs necessary?
No. Many classic lolitas do not wear bangs.
>>
How can I make rectangular glasses look cute? Round glasses just look awful on me. So far I've been wearing my regular glasses in lolita and sometimes contact lenses, and take off my glasses during photos
>>
>>10525455
Go shopping for glasses that look good on you? There's more than two styles in the world.
>>
>>10525135
depends on how they are in there, but i've replaced straps in channels by carefully seam ripping a hole, pulling out the elastic, then threading new elastic in with a tiny safety pin and attaching it on either side. Took forever but it worked. I'm not a sewing person, though, so there may be better ways to do this.
>>
>>10525214
>shapewear
I wear it when structure would make a coord look better (example, I wear a real corset under high waist corset skirts to stop it from bunching weird when move)

>bangs
you dont need them, but I was a pussy about getting bangs and when I finally got them it was great. a lot of headwear just looks better with bangs
>>
File: glasses.jpg (1.45 MB, 1000x1500)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>10525455
roundness isn't as important as just making sure they're flattering for your face and aren't too mismatched depending on the style you wear. a 100% pastel coord with thick black glasses looks weird, while thick black glasses might look fine with goth. color coordinated frames can be nice if you can afford more than one pair. tortoiseshell frames tend to look less stark and can be a good in-between if not.
>>
>>10525507
>>10525438
Can you nice anons suggest any brands or items you like?
>>
>>10525140
it can look very weeby and costumey if done poorly. you'll always get silly fucks who will cry cultural appropriation, but i've only ever seen white people say this. i'm white myself and no expert on japanese culture, but don't do weird shit like larp as a shrine maiden/pretend to be asian and you should be golden.
>>
Besides Lolita, what sort of jfash is still holding on? I’ve been out of the loop for like 2 years now
>>
>>10525124
If you made it smell, yes. Sometimes I just wash the armpits and neck area, instead of the whole dress.
>>
>>10525538
larme, himekaji and fairy kei are pretty popular still. decora, vkei, and gyaru are dying but getting a revival on insta/tiktok
>>
>>10525234
I've heard of one called Harumio but don't have any personal experience with it. They sent a giftbox to a Youtuber I like and in her unboxing, she mentioned that Harumio also does package forwarding.
>>
File: duck.jpg (32 KB, 512x512)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
anons, what is your workhorse dress that you can easily make various, different-looking coords with?
>>
What sleeve shape do wrist cuffs NOT work with?
>>
>>10525532
I have a few local goth shops near me who sell corsets and waist cinchers so i just buy through them as i know they only sell top quality products.
I no longer live near one shop BUT the shop Rockers n Ravens in Tampa,fl do ship. They always had my favorite corsets and with great prices.
>>
>>10525532

I have a cincher from whatkatiedid for historical purposes. It's pretty pricey but it does an incredible job of cinching.

I've seen others in the historical costuming community also recommend Rago which gives a very smooth silhouette. It also is cheaper so is better bang for your buck.
>>
>>10525532
Mine is a super old off the rack one from orchard corset. I don't wear corsets nearly enough to invest more than that, but it does its job well
>>
>>10525649
Meta pintuck tiered jsk. I have it in pink but will probably buy it in black and maybe a third color when it gets rereleased. It just works well with my style
>>
>>10525399
>thread 10397001 in the archive
DA but thank you so much! I've been looking for something like this as well.

>>10525670
I don't like wristcuffs with bishop sleeves, personally. I think it ruins the flow of how it narrows out at the wrist.
>>
>>10525699
Hey I have the same exact one!!! This was my first brand dress and incidentally my wedding dress as well
>>
Where do people get the babydoll dresses for their kumyas
>>
>>10525670
I feel like they ruin the look of princess sleeves
>>
>>10525885
i'm unsure which ones in particular but if you mean the red and black ones that have been the most popular those are BTSSB, theres also a taobao store selling dresses for them too
>>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-17852649825.29.52be3dfagnBSBi&id=606308516589
>>
File: rhs.png (555 KB, 516x488)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
I bought a pair of bodyline's rocking horse shoes and while they fit perfectly, the front section is a touch too tight on the top of my foot, I've never had this problem with any other shoes so idk what to do, should I have bought a size up? or is there a way to fix it?
>>
>>10525918
could be that your feet are just bigger or you have a very high arch. or maybe you don't know your actual shoe size and bought a size too small, which happens a lot, surprisingly enough, and used to be the case for me.
>>
>>10525135
I believe a tailor can fix this for a small fee if you aren't very DIY-oriented.
>>
How important is a manicure? Is it enough to have clean, nicely-shaped nails or are bale nails ita?
>>
>>10525977
as long as you don’t have dirt stuffed in them + not disgustingly discolored and they’re nicely shaped then it’s fine
>>
>>10525982
Thanks. I take care of mine but I can't do false ones.
>>
>>10525940
Not the same anon but I’ve had similar issues with tea parties. They’re comfortable and loose but when I walk in them, my feet scoot forward and crush my toes if the socks are slippery taobao ones.
>>
Why did #lolitafashion trend on twitter?
>>
>>10526042
cus of some furry fuck argued that lolita fashion is inherently pedophilic because it’s SPECIFICALLY based off of victorian children’s clothing. and they were proved wrong so they pulled the “i was a groomed by a man 4 years older than me and forced me to wear the fashion card to look younger therefore change the name of the fashion because it’s harmful” even though it was a completely isolated situation. said furry also made some racist comparison because theyre unable to take the L for their dumbass take. Now they’re making all their furry friends think that the lolita community itself is rampant with predators even though they have their own issues to fix within their own when it comes to sick fucks that encourage excessive drug use and preying on minors.
>>
>>10526045
Furries truly are the scum of the earth. Some of my non lolita friends were asking me why I’m in a toxic hobby -_-
>>
File: cuffs.jpg (80 KB, 538x645)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but does anyone know what taobao store makes these? I got the photo from LM but they are charging a huge markup. Not only because they are a known scalper but also since half the accessories are from the accessories taobao shop cat tea party for like 20x the original cost
>>
>>10526059
theyre from TheMoonHouse but these styles are all out of stock when i checked yesterday
>>
>>10526060
;-; Ah I see, thank you! I'll just follow the shop in case of a restock
>>
Anyone ever tried the hot water ring resizing trick on Cats Tea Party plastic rings before? Is it even possible with their material? I'm fat baby hands anon from that other thread and I want to resize my cheap taobao ones to try to fit my larger fingers better so I can wear rings on more of my fingers at once with OTT sweet looks.
>>
>>10526062
They also do customs so you could ask your SS to request they do a custom order that's just one of these designs. If they have the lace and other materials they can do it.
>>
File: bk_1607064263.jpg (94 KB, 500x600)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
How strong/durable are ap tote bags, the polyester ones in particular? I want a cute bag to carry my sketchbook in to class, but it needs to be able to hold the weight of a full a3 sketchbook
>>
>>10525680
Which WKD cincher do you have? I have their Merry Widow corselette and am considering buying a cincher without bra cups, but my issue with the corselette and other shapewear I’ve tried is that my hips cause it to ride up, roll or even fold. I’d rather have a cincher than a hardcore steel boned corset but I worry that if it’s mostly mesh and soft boning it will roll up on me again.
>>
File: glb.jpg (107 KB, 564x808)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Is the blouse in the middle a real moi meme moite blouse? I can't seem to find it on lolibrary
>>
Why is moitie so expensive secondhand but other gothic brands cheap?
>>
>>10526129
like what?? most 2ndhand stuff i see from other brands is pretty pricey.
>>
>>10526053
This person has less than 4k followers. They are an ass but I sincerely doubt your friends asked that because of them
>>
>>10525145
please just stop talking
>>
i remember there being a couple of Japanese websites that sold secondhand brand, does anyone remember what they were? It's not CC/WW/rakuten, they had long names iirc.
>>
Tips on getting used to wearing lolita instead of comfortable casual clothes?
>>
File: mana.jpg (69 KB, 422x566)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>10526127
You could probably search the hello lace archive because lolibrary is really lacking.
>>
>>10526144
usagiyouhinten, maidenclothing?
>>
>>10526145
Wear dresses that fit, wear shoes that are low and comfortable, wear lolita frequently
>>
>>10526149
is hellolace still a virus infested nightmare?
>>
>>10526150
that's it, thanks anon!
>>
>>10526127
Yes, they rereleased that within the last 2 years
>>
Why do people always resell Maxicimam blouses for close to retail when it's ridiculously easy to order from them and the quality isn't noticeably better than any other brand (whose blouses get sold secondhand for much cheaper)?
>>
>>10526141
Uh I didn’t say the furry was why. My friends asked me 2 years ago when they didn’t know anything about the hobby.
Classic gulls assuming and making shit up out of their ass as usual
>>
hope that anon from a couple threads ago who wanted to dye a b/w elizabeth set all black tries for the GB OP
>>
>>10526155
Dunno, I use wayback and other things to view archived information. Last I checked hellolace outside of archives is kill.
>>
>>10526145

This might sound weird, but watch your posture. The better your natural posture is, the more natural lolita will look on you.
>>
>>10525940
I'll grab a size up then and compare them, thanks anon!
>>
I'm ordering stuff for my first coord and the listing says the skirt is 58cm long. Would I order a 55cm petticoat or a 60cm? I don't want it to lampshade but I also don't want it sticking out.
>>
>>10526253

Depending on how the waist of the skirt sits, you may be able to wear it higher to prevent it from poking out. I don't think a 3cm difference will cause severe lampshading, though.
>>
>>10526255
Thank you. I'll wait til I get the dress and see how it sits.
>>
>>10526204
>vaguely replies with something that is unrelated
>gets mad when someone assumes you think its related because they give you the benefit of the doubt
here's your cool story bro i guess
>>
Based on other MTOs how long do you guys think the new AP MTOs will stay up for?
>>
>>10526294
For AP USA it's usually a week, right?
>>
>>10526192
nice blouses are ridiculously hard to find in plus sizes and when you do find one its usually that shitty taobao chiffon thing, so us fatties buy the 'lovely size' ones from the western market because its easier i guess, and sellers know we'll buy it regardless of how close in price it is to retail because convenience
>>
>>10526301
Newb lolitas are also kinda dumb and may not know you can buy from CD Japan
>>
Anyone know what taobao shops makes these?
>>
>>10526294
>>10526294
Usually just through a weekend. So like for example, an MTO would start sometime on Friday and then end midnight Sunday.
>>
>>10526294
Usually a week.
>>
>>10526351
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.7385961.1997985097.d4918997.3a81c2cex4i4u9&id=635410378492&_u=t2dmg8j26111

Here you go, anon!
>>
>>10526360
Thank you!

I knew their shop would be worth finding; they have dozens of cute customs that match AP and BABY prints and they're so adorable!
>>
>>10525918
i have the vivienne westwood rhs and they fit the same, despite sizing up. im convinced it's a part of the design to help keep the shoes on a little better.
>>
I feel like such a newfag for asking but how do you sign up for emails from AP USA?
>>
Can anyone recommend any low poof A-line pettis?
Looking for something to go under sack dresses without looking odd. I'm struggling to find anything that won't be too poofy.
>>
>>10526520
Classical Puppets daily A line
>>
>>10526511
So, I had this same question when I first started to shop at Angelic Pretty (newfag).
I’m not entirely sure but I think you start getting them after a while? Like maybe one or two months in? Also, they were in my promotions folder which I don’t get notifications for.
>>
My friend and I placed a taobao order together through bhiner which shipped out back in October and still hasn't reached us. The tracking last updated on November 27th saying the package had left China, and we haven't heard anything since then. I've messaged Bhiner several times to ask about where the package is and tonight they finally told me that it "might" be being sent back to them. Should we just ask for a refund at this point? We've both been very concerned about the whereabouts of the package and now after hearing that it's just "possibly" being sent back, it feels less and less likely that we're ever going to get it.
>>
>>10526591
The tracking update was on October 27th, not November 27th, my bad.
>>
Does Atelier Boz ship directly to the US or do I need a forwarding or shopping service?
>>
>>10526591
>>10526592
Which shipping method did you choose? Where is it being shipped to?
>>
>>10525144
The BtSSB occasionally puts out pieces that are based on traditional European attire, but the problem is that once you take away all the extra lace and ruffles you’re essentially wearing just literal traditional clothing and you’ll look like you should be serving steins at Octoberfest. For less frilly styles check out goth, it’s not necessarily all black but it can definitely be less frilly. Also seconding country lolita, designs by Lily of the Valley might be up your alley
>>
>>10526607
We're in canada and we used Bhiner economy, which estimates 7-20 days, 30 in peak seasons.
>>
Is there some sort of cleaning product that causes delayed bleach stains? I bought two pieces from the same seller and after pulling them out a few weeks/months later, they have weird white stains in some areas. None of my other dresses have this issue
>>
>>10526520
I bought a cheap petti from Amazon (grace karin) for cosplaying and it works great with my sack dresses, just the right amount of poof
>>
>>10526601
I think they ship direct to US and they'll even do tax free for you iirc
>>
>>10526686
Nayrt, used Grace Karin pettis before and they were surprisingly nice for low poof under my burando.
>>
Looking for a cute 2021 calendar.. any ideas, gulls?
>>
>>10526691
The AP one.
>>
>>10526691
imai kira one on booth
>>
>>10526651
>>10526591
Update: apparently the package is in Dandong postal center. So either it never left China in those 2 months, or it left and was sent back. This is so frustrating.
>>
>>10526668
Are you sure it's bleach? Might be hard water or soap residue
>>
>>10526651
>>10526748
Sorry to hear that, anon. As a fellow Leaf, I can sympathize with how bad shipping to us has been lately. I hope you can work something out and get your stuff.
>>
https://youtu.be/qvdi36JOC-k
Can anyone who speaks better Japanese than me tell me if Misako mentions where she got all the strawberries in her coord in this video?

Or does anyone know the brand themselves?
>>
>>10525214
Investing in a good custom overbust corset was the best fashion choice I made for that kind of thing. I get waist and chest reduction without the usual issues of a binder. I'm too curvy to look normal in lolita otherwise. I couldn't even wear a yukata well without it.
>>
I've been bags to go with my coords but I find myself having to transfer all of the shit I carry in them into each one every time I go out just to match and end up forgetting things. How do you all keep up with switching bags all the time?
>>
>>10526824
I know there are bag liners with storage pockets for normie bags. Depending on the type maybe just have a small cloth drawstring bag with all the stuff you need in it and swap that?
>>
are there mercari SS that operate during US hours?
>>
>>10526097
Get a cotton one, it’s stronger
>>
>>10526825
Not a bad idea, I'll look into that, thanks!
>>
Newfag here I'm trying to set up my ap japanese account for the mto and have no idea how to fill out my billing info also this is my first time using tenso
>>
>>10526161
The hem and the cuffs look different. Maybe they changed it in the rerelease?
>>
>>10526829
I would, but we all know about ap's relationship with cotton at the moment. No one is selling any second hand right now that are big enough, so ig I'll have to be patient, but I'll try poly if the girly sticker bag goes on sale (its a cute bag for lolita regardless)
>>
>>10526827
no
>>
Can someone who has a rose toilette OP remind me if the shoulders are supposed to have elastic or not? I swear I thought they did, but mine doesn’t. I’m trying to figure out if someone removed it at some point.
>>
>>10526807
it's from chinese brand called Elpress
>>
>>10526688
Thanks!
>>
How do i need to interpret a dress' waist size when it's noted as "30-something cm", like they often do on Wunderwelt? Since i'm used to measure things in waist circumference where you usually have stuff in 60-something or 70-something cm and i have no idea how to know if, say, a dress with a 38cm waist will fit me.
>>
>>10527194
That's the flat measurement. So a dress with 38cm waist flat would be 76cm in circumference.
>>
>>10527196
Thank you, i understand now.
>>
What makes you leave bad feedback on lace market? I had a seller not ship out a dress for two months and am considering leaving bad feedback but I'm not sure if that warrants it, so what makes you leave bad feedback.
>>
>>10527312
that warrants it
>>
>>10527312
Some assholes leaves retaliatory feedback but if you have screencaps and proof you can get it removed no problem. A few months to ship an item definitely warrants a negative feedback.
>>
>>10527312
It warrants negative feedback unless they were extremely communicative over those two months and have a decent excuse like being ill with covid or having sick family members and needing to quarantine. I've had a seller take 2 weeks to ship it out but she told me beforehand she was super busy and might not be able to ship it for 7-14 days. Plus it was in her terms.
>>
How do you order from Jane Marple? SS only, or do they take overseas cards to send to tenso?
>>
If you're wearing a long coat, does it have to match the rest of your coord? I had the impression that you have to, but I just came to a realisation that a long coat would cover up your coord anyways. Also, I saw so many coats are called "OP"s so maybe it's just like you have on two outfits (with coat on and without coat)?
For example, if my dress doesn't have any red on it, is it a big deal if my coat is red all over? Sorry for the stupid question, but I guess this is the place to ask!
>>
>>10527591
Dude it's fine as long as the coat matches head/legwear
>>
>>10526893
they don't, i have it in red and it doesn't have elastic. i think bc of the way the shoulders are constructed they can look like they have it.
>>
>>10527543
I went to Japan in spring 2019 and talked to the shopgirl at Jane Marple laforet, who was super excited and talking about how they were about to open up their website for international orders/shipping since they got a lot of overseas sales apparently. But it's been more than a year and it looks like whatever plans they had for that fell through, which is disappointing.
>>
Anyone know if/where these shoes or a similar style are still being sold?
>>
>>10527655
Taobao image search.
>>
>>10527663
Is DreamV on Taobao now? Doesn't it only work with taobao shop's images?
>>
>>10527666
nta, satan, but tb has these with that stock photo. bodyline also sold these same ones at one point.
>>
Do I need a shopping service for prisila wigs?
>>
>>10527687
How am I satan?

Sorry, I'm just trying to find some shoes.
>>
what would gulls here consider to be an average sized wardrobe for a lolita who's been into the fashion for a year?
>>
>>10527724
That depends on what you're going for and what sort of dresses you have. If your aim is to be a daily or casual lolita you obviously need more dresses than if you just want to wear it for meets. A wardrobe with 20 nice brand dresses including solids is also going to be more versatile and easy to coord than a wardrobe with 20 situational/ott taobao dresses.
It also depends on your income, when I was into the fashion for a year I had 10 or so brand dresses, but I would have accumulated more if I hadn't been on a student budget.
>>
>>10527724
Agree, depends on income level but personally it was 5-10 my first year. Can't remember perfectly.
>>
>>10527724
Totally depends. I started when I was 15 so I was lucky to get 2 dresses a year for xmas/birthdays until I got a job.

I currently have a little over 50 main pieces (over 90% brand) and an absolute assload of accessories/blouses/bags/parasols/etc. I'm more inclined to hoard accessories than main pieces for some reason. Maybe because I'm picky about the main pieces I like but with accessories I'm like GIMME. I could've bought 3 full price AP main pieces with the money I've spent on various not-main piece lolita items in the past 2 months.

I've sold dozens of pieces over the years. I think I'm gonna cap my wardrobe where I'm at, despite being a daily lolita - I just don't have any room for more without getting clothing racks above my bed a la milkyfawn (which desu I've been seriously considering).
>>
>>10527698
yes.
>>
>>10527601
That's too bad... I'm sure the pandemic derailed them at some point (though that's still about a year they had). I'm guessing SS is still the only way, then. Thanks!
>>
>>10527724
i had around 30 main pieces my first year but that was when sweet lolita was cheap (RIP)

probably anywhere from 5-15 is average
>>
>>10527724
5-10 kinda like >>10527774 said

Any fewer and you aren't really into the fashion yet. Any more seems abnormally committed for the first year. I kept thinking I was "just trying it out" until my third or 4th year when I had around 45 or 50 dresses
>>
what taobao ss are people using nowadays?
>>
>>10527785
Superbuy but this is a question for the taobao thread. Theres ss recommendations there.
>>
Are amavel’s measurements flat? I don’t know what these mean.
>>
>>10527802
>>10527196
>>
>>10527808
I figured. Wunderwelt flat out says this but I didn’t see it on Amavel’s website. Google chromes translate option isn’t working correctly or something because the words they translate to don’t make sense.
>>
>>10527831
To clarify: what are the bust and waist measurements?
>>
File: bad bodyline.jpg (94 KB, 719x960)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>10525069
I was looking through the warosu archive and I came across people calling this coord ita and a poorly done version of old school lolita. Can somebody please explain to me the difference between this and a decent old school coord? They look very similar to me
>>
>>10527898
Face sticker and it's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with the coord.
>>
>>10527802
>>10527879
Length
Shoulder width
Bust width
Sleeve length

Waist measurements will be labelled ウエスト.
>>
>>10527905
Sock lace may be a little cheap but it's a basic mostly bodyline old school coord, not bad at all. People in the past were weirdly anti-bodyline main pieces and acted like most old school pieces were ugly lace monsters, especially black x white stuff despite it being totally fine.
>>
>>10527724
Depends on how much money you make and allocate toward lolita.
>>
>>10527724
5-10
20-30 is average for an established lolita
>>
>>10527910
Fug. I was confused by the Free part, I thought it was the bust :( google chrome said west (lol) and google translate said width.
Thank you for your kind help!
>>
>>10527724
I think 20-30 was the average amount of dresses owned for a /cgl/ user last time there was a poll
>>
What's the best time to post on CoF to get maximum likes and comments?
>>
How tf is zoeosaki able to sell so many AP items that are NWT for way under retail price.

Also does she have an ED? She legitimately looks thinner than Risa who is naturally thin.
>>
>>10527979
Shopping addiction and obviously
>>
>>10527979
it's pretty obvious that she has an eating disorder and buys brand to try and feel pretty, but neither pursuit will ever pay off because she's mentally ill.
>>
Where do you guys buy cute everyday clothes? Clothes that still have a Lolita/angelic look to them but not full blown. Maybe cute lingerie as well if you have a suggestion for that, as a lot of popular sites have one basic style and they just stick with that for every article of lingerie.
>>
>>10527998
liz lisa
>>
>>10527998
Axes Femme, f.i.n.t, and some other casual JP brands are plentiful and cheap on Japanese secondhand sites.
Other than that I thrift a lot, I love finding cute lacy/ruffly vintage clothes to layer. It depends on your style though, mine leans towards mori and gothy stuff and it works pretty well, I can imagine that stuff that goes with sweet liz lisa esque looks is harder to find.
>>
>>10527998
for lingerie you can usually find something cute on shein or romwe. They have different stuff all the time, but personally I don't like to spend much on lingerie because... it's lingerie and I don't wanna worry about fucking up anything that costs over $20
>>
Any lace recommendations for making wrist cuffs?
>>
>>10527999
>>10528019
Ah, thank you! These look really cute, and I do appreciate the prices! I also love thrifting and vintage clothes, but I always tend to find stuff that is cute but leans towards less girly styles, if that makes any sense. My legs are also long so it’s hard to find stuff that fits right. Thank you again

>>10528026
Shein is the first site I ever bought clothes from, and basically the only one I use still. I’ve gotten some nice lingerie from them, just looking for different styles. I’ll have to dig deeper to make sure there isn’t stuff I’m missing. Thank you for the suggestion though, I’ll look into romwe!
>>
I plan to start an instagram to share lolita outfits and handmade projects. Do you think I should keep the two in separate accounts or in one?
>>
Where are we posting wardrobes this year, lolitas?
>>
Where do folks talk about j-fashion nowadays? I've been using /cgl/ on and off for about five years and it feels kind of dead. Do people mostly use discord now?
>>
>>10528153
i think a lot of lolitas are in group discords but i missed the era of them being linked here. idk how people join anymore
>>
Is amino dead? Or just full of itas?
>>
>>10528044
If your handmade projects are lolita related, I wouldn't mind seeing both on one account
>>
Is it too spoonfeeding to ask what shopping services y’all recommend for lolita fashion in Japan/from JP websites like BTSSB? Mintkismet is normally the stock answer but she can’t be the only one that exists
>>
>>10528229
Chibitenshi
>>
>>10528229
You can buy direct from BTSSB and just use their shipping to SF and then to you if you don't mind waiting rn or use a forwarding service for what is likely cheaper than Tenshi. But for mercari, fril, and any Japan MTOs I tend to use Tenshi.
>>
I want the sugary carnival mto and don't want to miss out. I've purchased directly from the metamorphose jp website just fine, but people keep saying I need to pay a forwarding service (tenso) to buy and ship the items from angelic pretty? I use chase bank, would I not be able to just put the card info in the site and check out? If I do need to use tenso, should I message them RIGHT NOW and tell them what I want so I don't miss out? Is there a chance AP would shut down the MTO if there was too much demand and I wouldn't get what I want? Thanks for spoonfeeding me, I just want a sugary carnival set more than air and I can't deal with the possibility of missing out like I did so many years ago.

Pick related. Still can't decide on a colorway, pink, sax, or lav
>>
>>10528404
You can't buy directly from ap Japan, and yes you need a Japanese address (not necessarily Tenso, but thats one of the options you can use). You can order like you normally would on a website, with your Japanese address and bank info, you don't need to pay someone to do it for you (Tenso wont do that anyway, so don't message them).
Mto's sometimes sellout, but not straight away, so just buy on the day of release and you'll be fine. If you're that concerned, just use a ss like Tenshi (we don't even now the price, cuts, colourways or release date of the dress yet, so stop stressing)
>>
What ss to use for mbok?
>>
I hear a lot of lolitas talk about how they can't wear dresses that had sheering that were worn by fat people previosuly die to the sheering stretching out, and I was wondering, can a dress worn by a moderately sized person (not necessarily fat, but not necessarily skinny) shrink back in order to fit a more skinny/petite person?
>>
>>10528451
japonica
>>
>>10528478
It'll be fine. Elastic is meant to shrink back down to size. Shirring is usually only damaged by dry rotting over time or being hung incorrectly. I don't think someone wearing a dress for a few hours a day will permanently stretch the shirring, but combining it with age (like over 7yrs old dress) and incorrect storage (for years) can do it. If it does end up being damaged, you can replace it or have a seamstress do it.
>>
Is Japan shipping overseas or not? I've had orders from Wunderwelt and Closetchild sitting around waiting to be shipped for over five months, but shopping services seem to be operating as normal?
>>
>>10528484
WW and CC are bigger businesses and are as such less flexible about using non EMS shipping I'm guessing. But WW will ship Yamato if you request it. CDJapan always used to have DHL as an option pre pandemic and while there have been times they didn't recently, I just requested it and they refunded me the shipping difference (they must have a deal with DHL to make their shipping a bit cheaper). Buyee and some other company SS are still using seamail and offering DHL, and the only more personal SS I use is Tenshi who is offering Yamato on her site on her order forms as well.

Unless you live in specific countries, there is probably some way to get your items to you from Japan depending on the service used.
>>
>>10528484
I made an order on closetchild a week ago, got it in 3 days. When did you order?
>>
>>10528484
I just ordered from CC and used DHL to the USA. It was the default shipping. It was a heavy package (a coat and some more) and it was under $30.
>>
>>10528491
>>10528488
I'm in the EU and any time I've ordered with DHL shipping, DHL slap an extra €60+ charge on top (not customs) for "handling" so I was hoping to avoid it, but I might just have to go for it if it's the only reliable option.
>>
File: long skirt.png (1.4 MB, 769x873)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
I left lolita fashion like 5 years ago and got back into it just now. I am noticing that there are a lot more tea-length skirts & dresses than befre, especially with Taobao brands.

Is this just a trend or does this seem to be how the fashion is evolving? And lolitas that wear tea-length skirts, what petticoats do you use? I only have above-the-knee pettis and I think they would look horrible with longer dresses.
>>
>>10528498
its just a trend. some brands are into it, others arent. you just use a longer petti, measure it the same way you would a shorter one
>>
>>10528484
I've made a few orders from CC with DHL in the past few months and they're always in my hands within a week.
>>
Is there a general trend as to when Wunderwelt and Closet child have sales?
>>
>3495y to ship a 2500y AP necklace from ss
>1895y to use seamail
I've never used seamail from Japan to US. : s Is it likely to get lost?
>>
>>10528558
Ww discounts as more people add it to their likes
>>
File: 4e2729752f264f86a3e2.jpg (721 KB, 3872x3872)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
New to lolita and loving Sheglit. What are some similar brands?
I also like Moitie and Innocent World so anything in that vein would be cool too I guess.
>>
>>10528560
Just takes forever with like no tracking at all.
>>
>>10528574
Miho matsuda, Atelier Pierrot, Atelier Boz, maybe some Victorian maiden and Mary Magdalene pieces
>>
How would I find out if baby is restocking something? I'm talking about their basic stuff like socks and bows.
>>
>>10528652
No idea but they tend to regularly enough
>>
Any raccoon or tanuki prints? I only found this one on taobao.
>>
>>10528652
watch their twitter
>>
>>10528652
Just keep checking the site maybe once a week or so, I got some great basics this way
>>
>>10526847
Every time they have a rerelease they change it somewhat.
>>
>>10528498
With classic brands in particular, yes. Remains to be seen if hemlines will rise again- the trend seems to be following the rising age of the fashion's wearers.

>>10528560
Short answer, yes. I wouldn't chance it, personally, especially for a small item.

>>10528574
Adding Black Peace Now to the list as well, the designer for Sheglit used to be the designer of BPN, if I remember correctly?
>>
Do I have to be approved as a senior lolibrarian to be able to submit new items on lolibrary so they don't remain as drafts, or will someone else check and post them eventually?
>>
>>10528498
It seems like aging lolitas in japan are grateful to be able to hide their legs, though I'm not sure why. Like, are japanese dudes making fun of their saggy knees or something?
>>
I checked google and their Instagram but I can't find Maria pipi's online shop. What's the link?
>>
>>10528844
Not an age thing but I know at least for Japan that the short legs of the average asian woman are considered undesirable, at least Pink House stated that for the reason why all their skirt parts are ultra long.
>>
I confirmed a payment plan with a seller and bid on an item. I asked her about reserving it for me or if I can just press the BIN option.
She's now telling me IF I win the bid, she'll sell it to me...I don't even want a payment plan now, I'll buy it in one payment. But this feels really fishy to me. What do you anons think?
>>
>>10528560
don't do it. there isn't any tracking and it took like 3 months for a headbow to get to me.
>>
>>10528876
That’s not fishy at all? Imagine if someone bid on your auction and won then suddenly asked for a payment plan. You’re supposed to ask for one in advance.
If you didn’t mention paying for the BIN price then you’re asking for a payment plan on the bid price, if someone else does BIN that’s your loss. If you really want the item, what you could do is ask for a payment plan on the BIN?
>>
>>10528880
it IS in advance. do you know how to read? the anon said they confirmed with the seller about a payment plan and bid on it item. but now the seller is saying they can sell it to someone else despite agreeing to the payment plan.
>>
>>10528885
Did you read the second half of my post? If OP asked it a payment plan was ok and the seller said yes, that doesn't mean they agreed to sell to them at the bid price. It means they're willing to do the plan if they win.
>>
>>10528887
adding on that OP would be right if they asked the seller if they could buy at bid price now AND do a payment plan, but then the seller said what OP states. otherwise they're being suspicious for no reason
>>
>>10528887
>>10528892
to clear things up, we agreed to a payment plan at the bid price. but the seller is now saying if someone buys it, then she will sell it to them and not me.
ngl it just sounds weird because she can easily get a friend/alt account to do the BIN option so she can relist it for more money. idk.
>>
File: Estryllia.jpg (475 KB, 1395x1394)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
Isn't Estryllia Enhillia a crypto Chinese brand? What is the quality like?
>>
>>10527724
Take a shot every time this question gets asked
>>
>>10527998
Amavel has cute skirts
>>
>>10529049
to be fair, this is the stupid questions thread. take a shot whenever people project their own wardrobe size as the answer is probably more accurate
>>
>>10528574
idk if this indie brand is good or not but Seraphim looks right up your ally.
>>
>>10528897
nayrt the seller isn't fishy, you are being paranoid. The person who wins the auction or presses the BIN is the buyer, even if she agreed to a payment plan you are still a /potential buyer/ until you've won the auction.
>>
>>10529080
Yeah seller seems fine, more like the buyer and seller should have clarified if they meant to hit BIN but only be charged the current bidding/bidding start price or if they meant you get a payment plan at whatever the finishing bid is/listed BIN. That's on the buyer to clarify if you want the discount so badly desu.
>>
>>10528876
>>10528885
>>10528897
This nonsense from newbies is why I don't offer payment plans anymore
>>
>>10529087
If the seller agreed to, say, $40 bid, then they should be okay with you clicking BIN for $50 to end the auction, then invoice you for that. I think that you need to be more clear with your offer.
>>
>>10529089
nayrt but unless the buyer specifically asked to buy it immediately for $40 along with the payment plan, they should be ok with someone else hitting bin for $50. it doesn't sound like the buyer did that, she probably asked if it was ok to do a payment plan for the $40 bid price and the seller said yes, which isn't agreeing to sell it immediately for $40
>>
>>10529089
That's what I meant as well! The seller and buyer should have clarified and if the buyer is the one looking to save they should have asked to make sure and secured the item with the BIN if that was the deal.
>>
Are there any Buyee Anons here? I'm looking into using it to purchase some stuff from Yahoo JP auction and JP mercari, but I'm a little hesitant. I've read through the service's info, but still worried there may be some extra fees aside from shipping and the 500y shopping fee that will come up. Any first hand experiences on this service?

Also, any suggestions on spotting possible replicas on Mercari? There's an AP coat on there I really want but I'm a little hesitant. It's always seemed like kind of an iffy platform to me at least in the west, so looking to see what other anons have to say about it.

Newfag questions, I know, but I haven't done much on the JP secondhand market before aside from closet child and wonder welt.
>>
>>10529199
Just bought a bunch on Mercari from Buyee this week

>500 fee
>local shipping
>international shipping

those are the fees. one warning: almost all shipping methods other than dhl are not an option right now so expect to pay out the ass for shipping
>>
>>10529199
I've used Buyee for +5 years now. They're ok and I like the site. The problems I've encountered during the years are:
-Receiving an empty figure box and it being too late (more than 4 months) to dispute, not really their fault.
-Being offered seamail for shipping, paying it and then being refunded days later and forced to choose EMS/DHL with shitty excuses.
-Buying something from Mercari, listing being cheaper than when I put the order in and they don't refund the extra dollars pocketed (don't have energy to bother asking for a few extra coins so whatever, use that to buy noodles or something for lunch).
There isn't any extra fees besides the ones you see on the page before bidding/buying. I do prefer FromJapan for big hauls since they have free package consolidation and better shipping options, but buyee is very convenient and they have good coupons and promotions (such as the 8% off mercari items during 11.11, free fees and shipping coupons). FJ does't offer extended storage like Buyee has right now, I've had +20 items there for months now at no extra cost.
As for buying secondhand items, I ONLY buy things if I can clearly see the original tag inside the item and make sure it isn't a clever replica or something. I'm pretty sure I know which coat you're talking about.
>>
>>10529199
It is pretty easy to find replica and the ones I've seen have said it im the description. I prefer Noppin over Buyee, but I am using DeJapan since Noppin is on a break. Buyee just seems to have more fees to me and if an item says "not international shipping" on Mercari, you can't get it. You can get it thru DeJapan. It's best to do it in batches so you can make the shipping cost worth it.
>>
File: weeb doge meme.png (316 KB, 880x643)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
Are there any prints that are really popular in the west, but not so much in Japan or vice versa?
>>
>>10528902
What do you mean by crypto? Why can't you just google it?
>>
>>10529199
I really wouldn't worry too much about replicas, They either say they are and they're not too, too common. I've bought popular dresses with somewhat janky pictures and they turned out legit and just fine condition wise as well. I'd trust fril//mecari jp any day over western sellers
>>
I'm new to lolita and jfashion in general, will people lose their shit if I say "outfit" instead of "coord" or "coordinate"?

I understand it's because a lot of thought goes into the process. But when it comes to fashion (outside of jeans and a T) most people put thought into their outfit, right?
>>
>>10529287
No, a lot of people don't use the term to begin with. In the japanese use of the term, it's more like a well-planned outfit where you bought the pieces to match each other rather than just clothes that work well together as outfit.
>>
>>10529287
I doubt anyone will care enough to throw a fit. It’s just community slang
>>
How do you get blood off a good quality petti without ruining it? It's not anything major, just some splashes of dried blood around the bottom of the petti where the knees would be.
t. fell on coarse pavement and ripped+ruined some stockings too
>>
>>10529449
Gentle spot clean with a mix of cold water and laundry detergent should get most stuff out.
>>
where the fuck can i buy heels for lolita?
>>
>>10529505
Taobao is ur best bet. Sosic shop and antaina are great!
>>
>>10529449
Meat tenderizer gets out blood stains! You can buy it in the spice aisle
>>
>>10529080
that's fair. thank you for the response. someone tried having a bidding war with me and I gave up because it was getting close to the BIN price. Which honestly makes me more suspicious.
The seller kept sending me weird messages like "relax no one will bid on it yet ;) " and every message had a ;) in it.
and it's why I was concerned. but it's probably nothing.
>>
>>10529591
Are you making this up? This sounds weird af. A lot of sellers use emojis and smiley faces to try to be more personable or friendly/that's just how they talk, but winky faces are odd.
>>
>>10529089
>>10529092
>>10529093
the seller was okay with the bidding price as the invoice + shipping. she said only if I win it though. she did ask for a down payment which is normal but idk why she would ask for one if there was a chance I wasn't going to win the auction.
I did kept asking her what I was supposed to be paying for and she just said "the skirt + shipping ;)" and I was like, "So the bidding price or BIN" and she kept being super vague. after like 10 messages later she told me it was the bidding price.
she was a weird seller and idk if I want to buy from her. I don't really like weird, vague responses.
>>
>>10529594
I'm not. I just copied and pasted one of her responses.
I do put ^.^ and :) when I sell stuff too. the winky face just made me feel weird. then anons wondered why I was suspicious of them in the first place lol
>>
>>10529596
Now that you've specified I can see why the behavior was weird.
>>
>>10529595
ok that's much more understandable you were suspicious, I wouldn't buy from her
>>
>>10529199
Anons that have replied to you have forgotten there is a consolidation fee if you are buying multiple items and sending them all in one package. It's not a dealbreaker, though.
>>
Never been too good at feminine stuff and I looked at a bunch of articles, how the fuck can I stop my scalp from being greasey? It seems to vary each time and how long it takes but generally never lasts more than a day or two. I wash roughly every 3 days and I've tried using a boar brush and other shampoos to no avail. I feel like I have considered all the generic options like dont use hot water or tie it up for sleep etc, dont touch with hands but I don't know, surely other women do these things and their hair is fine ?
>>
>>10529631
Just wash more often. Most women wash their hair more than once every 3 days. Every other day is fine.
>>
>>10529634
thanks, might have been over thinking it then, I'll see how I go like that
>>
>>10529631
>>10529634
additionally I should ask, is there anywhere more objective online I could look to for information? It's really fucking hard finding anything on anything girly without going through 15 articles trying to sell me products and even then the information feels pretty weak at best
>>
>>10529641
You could look up hair care youtube videos for your ethnicity
>>
>>10529631
Wash your hair every other day unless you have afro hair. If you have bangs you can wash just your bangs in the sink on the days you don't wash the rest of your hair.
>>
>>10529645
Also, if you do have textured.hair, look into getting conditioner thats silicon-free
>>
>>10529631
Dry shampoo.
>>
Do you guys remember when the AP couture dresses usually get released?
>>
Where else can I find similar chocolate cardigans and sweaters? I am super new to cgl and I’m obsessed. I want to wear this stuff normally to work, but how well does brand hold up to daily use?
>>
>>10529634
>>10529645
And this is why your hair looks like straw.
>>
Which Moitie dress had misprinted "vampire" as "bampire"?
>>
>>10529795
Harpsichord trio OP
>>
>>10529631
try sulfate free shampoos, avoid any of the ones that advertise as oil control because those actually strip the oils and make ur scalp dry which produces more oil. i personally use a custom shampoo company. i also heard of apple cider vinegar method and fermented rice water can be good for promoting healthy hair. it takes a few months to really get your scalp to change, so stick with one routine for awhile if you can.
>>
>>10529793
If your hair is greasy it is far from looking like straw and needs a wash with good products more often.
>>
>>10529806
Not necessarily, washing too often can have the opposite effect of your scalp creating more oil to compensate for the excess shampooing.

It really depends on your own individual hair type. Some people do actually need to wash their hair every other day, some are fine with once a week
>>
>>10529809
I was assuming op has pretty straight hair, which would usually mean they need frequent washes or it will grease up faster. Especially since they didn't specify a hair type or texture.
>>
>>10529782
>How do brand cardis hold up?
Depends. My BtSSB ones are just okay, my AP one is very nice, by (old) Ank Rouge ones are nice as well

>Where can I find chocolate cardigans?
Emily Temple Cute, Angelic Pretty, BtSSB, and taobao all have ones like this
>>
>>10529810
NAYRT but my hair is straight as a pin and I was a gross grease ball until I sucked it up and stopped overwashing. Now I only need to wash it 1-2 times a week
>>
Where can I buy lolita second hand? I know about closet child, wunderwelt, mercari, and lacemarket, but is that all? I quite enjoy just browsing stuff like that, feels like it helps me get to know the fashion more
>>
>>10529827
Scroll up
>>
>>10529827
Jesus can you lurk more before asking this same question thats been posted in the last 80 threads
>>
>>10526053
Ask them why they associate with dog rapists.
>>
This question makes me feel retarded but here goes. First time ordering from AP Japan through a forwarding service address, is it normal for them to refund your debit card in the middle of the order process? Will they go back and charge it again later? The order doesn’t say cancelled.
>>
>>10530119
Keep checking because they’ll probably send you an email that it’s been cancelled.
>>
>>10529631
Scrub your scalp when shampooing, and use a silicone free shampoo. You probably have build up on your scalp that's keeping it greasy.
>>
>>10530122
Ugh, thanks. I bought it over the holiday and I noticed it’s now sold out online, they might have sold out.
>>
>>10530119
Uh never mind I guess, I just got the email that it’s shipped? I guess I’ll keep an eye out for the charge to reappear on my card, it’s weird that they’d send it out while there’s no charge/authorization on my card.
>>
>>10529631
- scrub your scalp directly in the shower, consider double-cleaning it if there's build up
- sulfate free shampoo/silicone free conditioner
- rinsing your hair (no shampoo) ASAP after getting sweaty where practical (e.g. if you are at a gym)
- dry shampoo

I have straight hair with bangs and the most I can ever stretch a wash is 5 days without looking greasy, less if it's hot/humid or I've been sweating a lot.
>>
>>10525140
I mean...lolita is a Japanese fashion based on mostly UK/European/Western fashions so it's always going to be a fusion/bastardised kind of deal anyway. There'll always be someone who cries appropriation even if you wear a Japanese printed fabric in a Western style, but most likely you'll just look weeby. There are less frilly dresses in the fashion but it sounds like you want to wear something more like mori than lolita.
>>
>>10529793
Lol okay. I use a sulfate/silicone free shampoo and my hair is soft and silky but go off, anon.
>>
>>10529631
This >>10529634 is awful advice. The reason your hair is so greasy is because you wash it too often and probably use too much shampoo. Shampoo dries your hair prompting your scalp to create more grease. Don't wash your hair so frequently and use less shampoo. Your hair will probably be greasy at first, but over time it'll acclimate and your hair will be less greasy for longer periods of time. I wash my hair once a week and it's not even greasy on my wash days. I also suggest looking up hair routines for your hair type on youtube.
>>
>>10530288
this isn't always correct. i hate this dumb "no poo" retardation.
>>
>>10530292
NAYRT its not always correct but frequently is. Also "washing less often" and "don't use shampoo" are two different things.
>>
>>10530292
All I'm saying is slapping a pound of shampoo on your scalp is bad. Use shampoo, but use as little as possible.
>>
>>10529782
I have cardigans from Emily Temple Cute and Angelic Pretty that have held up really nicely and are super soft. Not sure about the knit cardigan quality but I have a jersey-knit type bolero from Baby the Stars Shine Bright and it's just ok, the fabric is getting a bit stiff over time and the fabric faded much faster than the lace so now it's 3 shades of black
>>
>>10530288
Every person on SM that I know that espouses the virtues of barely washing their hair (except the ones with actual curly hair) has greasy nasty hair in most of their pics. So I don't buy it at all. I went like 3 months waiting for my hair to "even out" and unless I packed in the dry shampoo I spent most of those 3 months looking and feeling disgusting. My hair never evened out or whatever. I wash every other day and my hair looks great all the time without needing to spray powder into it every few hours.
>>
Any jewelry like bb and b and q-pot but not dessert themed? I'm looking for more "classic" motifs like teapots, flowers, books.. etc.
>>
File: swantailor2.jpg (190 KB, 600x300)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>10530477
Swantailor(pictured) or Okappalover may appeal to you. Both are smaller indie designers from Japan.
>>
>>10530480
>>
Do you guys think that some pieces from Jelly Button Jewellery are loliable?

https://jellybuttonjewellery.bigcartel.com/category/rings
>>
Does moitie ever release their ribbon otks in white with black ribbon?
>>
>>10530569
Their stuff is rough and unfinished looking , doesn’t look egl. if I were you I’d rather save my money and pick up something nicer in the future
>>
>>10530569
this looks like shit. i know sweets deco is dead but fuck. imagine thinking this is good enough to sell.
>>
>>10530392
>i went three months drying my scalp out constantly with dry shampoo and never saw a change, this is bullshit

I do agree its very much ymmv and frankly if you don't have the patience don't try, but your hair DOES adjust eventually to washing your hair less. some people are stupid and push it far past where they should but it does work to some extent

for example, I used to have awful, greasy hair (that I considered washing twice a day at one point it was so bad) and have photographic evidence that my hair won't look like that until 3-4 days in, now. it took a while and sucked most of the time, but I'm glad I did it.

of course, you just have to be smart and recognize you do need to wash it eventually
>>
>>10529810
Your mistake was assuming I was OP.
>>
>>10530480
DA but how can one buy from these designers? I googled for Swantailor in particular but could only find what appear to be blogs by/about them
>>
If i want a btssb usakumya pochette(not too particular about color) , would it be better to wait for price drop or should i get one now? Will the price increase? Im not sure how popular they are
>>
>>10530392
That's a matter of getting used to as well. I have coarse hair so I wash it once a week. To me a lot of people's hair looks dry and dull. They probably think that's normal, but then wonder why their hair doesn't grow or is limp.
How often you wash your hair depends on hair texture, oily/dry scalp, and how you normally style it. Some weeks my hair can go more than a week, and some weeks it looks gross before a week.
>>
File: 1586624488373.png (58 KB, 147x178)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
This is only slightly j-fashion themed, but is this dress pleated or is it just gathers? I'm stupid and don't know the difference
>>
I ordered something at IW and got an mail that they dont accept my order because I didnt agree with 4 points regarding shipping and that I should fill out a new order form. At the end of the mail is written that they dont accept any cancelations and that they probably gonna ban me from ordering in future, when I ask for one. What will happen when I dont place a new order because I dont agree with these 4 points? Is this a cancelation, because they didnt accept my order?

Yes I am dump for not reading their anouncement before ordering and I plan to order in future from them again, so I dont want to be banned.
>>
>>10530929
It's just gathered, but not uniformly
>>
>>10530775
This is their online shop https://swantailor0.thebase.in/
You'll need a shipping service when the post stuff. Watch their social media for release.
They also showcase at Lolita/otome markets, so they make an announcement when they do.
>>
Has anyone bought from WorldShopping before? I bought a WC Lucky Pack and my shipping fee is about $150 to get it to the US. I know shipping is expensive right now but that doesn't seem right.
>>
>>10531030
Thanks anon. With gathers I can like, wash and dry it just fine without it getting messed up like pleats right? Mine is kinda wrinkled.
>>
>>10531183
WorldShopping usually only ships EMS, but since EMS isn't operating they're obviously using something else. Most likely, since they aren't a normal business with that service, they don't get the same discounted rates that other places do (some places are given a discount on couriers like DHL or FedEx because they deliver a certain volume through them each year).

Which shipping method are they quoting you? Have they given you the weight of the package?
>>
AP requires immediate payment for MTOs right? I've bought from them before but never any MTOs.
>>
>>10531246
They ship with Fedex International, which is expensive

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.