[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>its 2003
>you’re watching inuyasha
>as you’re writing your kagome x inuyasha fanfic itazura na KISS plays in the background
>when was the last time you were happy?
>>
Hitting me up in the feels
>>
Mfw I'll never be part of the early Cosplay community and jam out to shitty but nostalgic nightcore songs
>>
I wanna see some cringey YouTube music vids/cosplay vlogs/amvs you gulls made in the early 2000s
>>
>>10524438
This! Fuck, if only I hadn't been such an insecure bitch back then then I could have fully enjoyed the early 2000's community
>>
>>10524439
They got copyright-striked long ago.
>>
> 2006
> Discovered anime
> Watch 80 episodes of inuyasha
> Barely even enjoy it yet drawn to it
> 2020
> Adult that can do anything
> Nostalgia posting on 4chan

Yep I've grown a lot
>>
>>10524407
fuck, hitting right in the oldfag feels there, OP
>>
You can relive that OP by watching Yashahime and writing Sesshomaru x Rin fanfics while listening to One Last Kiss by Utada Hikaru
>>
>>10524444
peepoSad
>>
>>10524407
When Katsucon moved to National Harbor I always get hard nostalgic Inuyasha feels seeing that ferris wheel.
>>
>>10525129
the actual Ferris wheel is beautiful in Odaiba, Japan. request the glass one for canon purposes!
>>
>2007
>in middle school
>spend all day looking up shitty early youtube convention vlogs
>[insert yaoi ship] POCKY GAME!!!
>memorizing skits by JAC productions
>teaching myself para para dances
>hang out with other weeb friends on Saturday for a sleepover
>mom gave me $20!!!!
>go to FYE, buy anime DVD and pocky
>watch anime all night with my friends, we daydream about what anime guy us our boyfriends

ill never get those years back
>>
File: 1516115717764.gif (273 KB, 261x300)
273 KB
273 KB GIF
>2008ish
>ask for cosplay suggestions and advice in some random forums in my esl broken english
>everyone is actually nice, kind, and helpful, and everything is free
>stay up all night eating imported japanese snackus listening to shitty nightcore rping as animu characters and playing dressup flash games
>order my first blouse off bodyline with my saved up money
>dream of cosplaying only to be let down by international cosplay sites with hiked up prices
>make shitty chinese cartoon character outfits out of altered normie clothes and party city wigs
>convert cousin into weeaboo and convince them into cosplay at birthday parties and halloween
>be sad because underage and too poor/third worlder to travel to conventions
and here I thought I was unhappy then, gulls...
>>
>tfw teaching my normie friends the hare hare yukai and lucky star dance
>make shitty homemade cosplays to make videos with friends
>get on deviantart to look up anime art tutorials and art of my husbandos
>watch AMVs, Naruto Abridged, and con skit videos on YouTube

I’m glad I grew up during those times. Death Note is still the shit
>>
>Pre-2010s
>After school come home to find Sailor Moon SuperS is airing on toonami. Immediately call my friend on a landline to scream about it.
>Spending the night at her place watching DBZ, both of us trying to follow along Gohan teaching Videl how to make ki balls
>Read Vash x Usagi fabrics. I still don't know how that became a thing.
>Getting mom to buy me Gravitation and FAKE from Walden's Books.
>Renting random anime from Hastings and Hollywood Video like Tenchi, Cutie Honey, Devil Hunter Yoko
>Passing around Dramacon manga at school
>Going to first convention and being amazed at all the dumb weeb shit and wanting to buy a yaoi paddle
>Hunt for BL doujinshi on japanese sites with hidden passwords and not even knowing hiragana/katakana
>Muh geocities website with my shitty edited anime art claiming to be my OCs
>>
>*doing 3 fun activities at once*
thats a 2020 scramble-brain technique...
enjoy one thing at a time...
how can you write a good fanfic while listening to music and watching anime
>>
bump
>>
>>10524407
>Summer of 2017
>Playing pokemon Silver
>Staying up all night to play, looking 4 female skarmory
>looked for her for 2 goddam hours
>shiny graveler selfdestructed during my hunt feelsbadman
>finally got it
>stayed up all night listening to german pirate music
>best memory in years
>>
In High School i met my first weaboo Friend, i was very ashamed before i met her and she taught me not to care and just enjoy. we would discuss husbandos, sing cringe animu songs, share fanfics, dance pare pare, buy cheap vaguely lolita clothes. We went to japan together with school because we chose japanese third language. Fast foward now, we are 25, still friends still doing the same shit, exept we can karaoke and do weeb dance all night because i have my own place now.
>>
>>10524441
>early 2000's community
On the bright side, you can never miss it and regret what the atmosphere is like in 2021.
>>
I have a LiveJournal I wrote in my final years of high school back in the early 2000s. Reading over the past entries, I was such a weeb but I was happy for the most part. I fondly remember learning how to draw manga from Bakaneko and the fun I had on those forums, and starting countless Sailor Moon and Legend of Zelda and Pokemon fanfics and never finishing them. Toonami/Adult Swim/Animonday were my daily rituals. I miss using Napster to download my favorite anime and video game music and make CDs to listen to in the car.
>>
Middle school since I started to be suicidal in high school.
>>
File: 1610367261338.jpg (77 KB, 702x800)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>10524407
This morning when I got to have breakfast with my amazing son and incredible wife! Keep the past for good smiles, don't cling to it like it was the only good times in your life otherwise you won't try to make more!
>>
File: 1231321231.jpg (11 KB, 259x194)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>10525974
>Getting mom to buy me Gravitation and FAKE from Walden's Books.

God damn this is a real fucking feel. Gonna listen to some Gravitation OST right now
>>
>>10525974
>>Getting mom to buy me Gravitation and FAKE from Walden's Books.
BASED. I got my mom to buy me a Loveless manga in a tiny book store run by a sweet old lady. lmao little did they know...

>>10530943
>Fast foward now, we are 25, still friends still doing the same shit, exept we can karaoke and do weeb dance all night because i have my own place now.
this is fucking cute
>>
>>10524407
>liking Inuyasha music
shit taste. Great series, shit music
>>
>>10536202
what, are you saying you dont want to CHANGE THE WORLD
>>
>>10535292
get out of here normalfag
>>
>>10536202

I like My Will, or at least the closing animation for season 1. It perfectly captures

1. Kagome's sense of isolation and entrapment

2. Two possible futures for her, depending on whether or not she learns to understand and embrace her emotions.
>>
>>10524466

Nobody wants to age past ~22
>>
>>10524407
2011, went to my first con. None of my friends showed up or bothered to tell me, but I made new friends and had a great time.
>>
>>10525974
>Hunt for BL doujinshi on japanese sites with hidden passwords and not even knowing hiragana/katakana
Damn, I remember scanning every community related to Ace Attorney to find Apollo doujins
>>
>>10530943
>We went to japan together with school because we chose japanese third language
So jealous of people that had these opportunities. I remember me and my Hetaliafag friend gushing about going to Comiket and Akihabara one day on an "otaku pilgirmage". Any nostalgic/cringe stories from when you two visited Japan?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.