[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mpv-shot0064.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>10355423
>Event's closed, COVID.
>Anon: LunLun best girl.
>Online cons happened: ended up being mostly a fun gimmick while the world adjusted.
>Catching a cheater rigging votes in a cosplay contest, so you counter-cheat and rig votes so she won't win.
>NozLan has decided to call it quits as daily life takes its toll. End of an era.
>Anon: What to do with bootleg figures?
>SBS6 is looking for weebs to make fun of in a new singing show.
>Rekindle crew got rekindled and started 2 new projects.
>Dutch karaoke stand wars.
>Dokomi happened and their Twitch channel allegedly got temp banned for showing a hentai manga ad or some shit.
>Tomo going for yet another bad PR approach while organizing a market during a lockdown, resulting in shit getting way out of hand, a 36 visitor event getting cancelled and allegedly losing 18k. Also receiving personal threats which is not cool.
>Probably some other stuff I didn't bother to write down. Sorry, I've been non-stop tired the past few months.

Upcoming major events:
>Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (January 23, 2021, Japan), the conclusion of the Rebuild series.
No agenda link as I haven't updated it yet and probably wont update it until 2021 due to obvious reasons.

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>The RTX30xx series is a solid GPU upgrade if you haven’t done an upgrade for a while.
>Site I haven’t updated in forever: https://dutchgulls.nl
>Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
First, nice post OP. The fact that we had the previous thread for 8 months is actually astonishing,
>>
>>10501599
>a 36 visitor event getting cancelled.

But at least it "saved humanity from the apocalypse"
>>
is there a date already for dokomi next year?
>>
Indoor cons are gonna feel weird now that facemasks are obligated by law in public indoor spaces. Wonder if some cosplayers get creative with them
>>
File: 1323979328001.png (494 KB, 482x579)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>10502030
if there is one audience that can deal with creative masks it's cospalyers. weebs even wore masks long before the pandemic
>>
>>10502030
Strong doubt that it'll still be mandatory by the time we get to have conventions again. See y'all in 2022
>>
File: boomer.png (276 KB, 500x425)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>10501599
>>10502050
>>10502114
>>
>>10502362
>lordofmeme.com made with AI
okay boomer
>>
>>10501806
Don't think so, they tend to announce it around now but things are obviously a mess so who knows when we'll hear anything
>>
It seems scammers noticed the existence of HDCC. Really wasn't expecting this.
>>
I hear animecon is broke after all. is that true?
>>
>>10507765
That would suck donkey balls...
It makes sense for a con to go broke as soon as they miss a year though. Cons are not something to get stonks in or a company that can truly profit even with amazing branding.
Unless you meant "Animecon's investers, pledgers, visitors, volunteers and all income have dried up, making the next 1-2 years not viable for a con under this specific name".
>>
>>10507788

Not receiving subsidy from the municipality is probably also one of the factors.
>>
>>10505266
Is there no dutch word for weekend?
>>
>>10507869
"Weekeinde" technically but no one uses that
>>
>>10507910
Ohhh, thanks dutch-anon
>>
>>10507765
Hi Anon.
No, we are not. Of course, skipping a year puts a small dent in out income, but yearly costs are quite low.
We actually make good use of this year, restructuring a few things, maintenance on hardware, and preparing for different scenarios considering Corona.
If you follow our socials you'll see we have great plans for the years to come.
>>
File: synthetic whalebone.jpg (287 KB, 1000x1000)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
Does anyone know a reliable Dutch or German source for Wissner brand synthetic whalebone? Apparently this is the good stuff, but there's a lot of crappy plastic boning out there too and the only webshops I can find who specify the brand are US or UK-based. If not I'll just go with a UK shop but it always feels silly to go overseas for things that are produced relatively nearby.
>>
>>10508093
thanks for clarifying! good luck!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWTz-Ci9GHE
Seems the Dutch government of health under-estimated the corona virus. Saying that Corona was less deadly then the normal virus, but retracting their statement.
>>
>>10511769
Yes, hindsight is 20/20 (or 'achteraf is mooi wonen'). Not sure what your point is here...
>>
My HDCC refund came in. Until next year (hopefully), convention scene...
>>
>>10508093
>>
Today Heroes Dutch Comic Con announced an online edition for February 6th 2021. Tickets start at €10 for a few hours of watching the stream. Any thoughts?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1608311311256.jpg (186 KB, 1080x1463)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>10519473
Also, here's what they charge dealers to participate. Insane prices really for what it is.
>>
Greetings from south of the border. Brussels comic con thinks february will be safe enough to launch again. They announced some names, but nobody really believes that it will really happen
>>
Lots of angry comments directed at HDCC on socials already. Really weird to ask 10 bucks for an online event after a bunch of competitors offered the same for free already.
>>
>>10519473
literally no one will watch that.

>>10519511
literally no one in their right mind believes any kind of event will happen in february.
>>
Lmao, their gift box has no online entry included either. Wild.
>>
>>10519915
No online entry and aside from a DCC shirt there is zero information on what's in it. Well, except for the €7500 tier for dealers where they can pay DCC for the privilege of adding their stuff as "product placement" into the box.
>>
Happy new year Gulls. May 2020 eventually bring us many good events and somewhat of a return to normal.
>>
>>10529836
Did you pay through paypal? If you didn't pay through friends & family and you explain to them that you didn't receive your "order" then they would be willing to refund you if you do it within the certain amount of days.
>>
So, any congirls doing onlyfans these days?
>>
>>10530857
The people that dont do onlyfans either stopped or paused cosplaying all together
>>
On the subject of the Jaarbeurs. Because everyones seems oh so sure about the Summer edition. I cross the place daily and right now two parking lots are taken up by Covid test facilities and im pretty sure inside some halls are also used for testing right now. Im also fairly positive they will use the space for vaccinating 'the common folks' soon, as it is one of the covid places you can acces if you dont own a car.

(They are also working on both bike and car infrastructure directly surrounding the Jaarbeurs. You cant acces P3 right now. But its almost done.)

There is no place for other events for a long time. Especially big events like HDCC. This is not exclusive to the jaarbeurs either, it goes for a lot of event centres at the moment.
>>
So, who is doing onlyfans?
>>
>>10532968
Me :^)
>>
>>10532766
The same for the Broodfabriek and Animecon, at this moment it is a Covid test location and it will very likely also be used as vaccination site. Personally think that you can scrap everything for the first 6 months of 2021.
>>
Here's hoping the summer season will at least have some cons again
>>
>>10519511
And it's postponed
>>
>>10533503
yeah, maybe in the second half
>>
>>10537089
Who was it?
>>
>>10533470
I'm sure tomo will find some abandoned parking lot the very second the restrictions are lifted lmao
>>
>>10537089
name and shame
>>
>>10537089
Get a mutual friend involved if you have any. Kinda sucks but a friend of mine got his commission after doing that. Otherwise, name and shame like >>10537875 said
>>
Guys, I really miss you all.
>>
>>10539308
Same.
>>
Who are everyone's favorite Dutch cosplayers? I miss conventions and want to see some good local cosplays.
>>
File: 20210122_142223.jpg (644 KB, 1080x1066)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>10541051
Leadiascosplay is a Dutch cosplayer that makes some great costumes.
>>
And that was the Online Heroes Dutch Comic Con, curfew caused this? So they say, I guess that it is more like not much of us are going to pay for an online convention.
>>
>>10543280
You can't exactly get an exception on the curfew for an online event or competing in a cosplay competition. No doubt the curfew was the final nail in the coffin. The only thing DCC could had tried was moving their stream to daytime but considering the "a large group did not see the value of a (paid) online event" it's safe to say sales were poor.
>>
So, Elfia Arcen with restrictions, or a hopefully normal Elfia Haarzuilens. What will you choose?
>>
File: 08f684tg.jpg (157 KB, 1000x330)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Anyone making some snow cosplay photos this week?
>>
>>10533503
I doubt it. At best there might be an outdoor event but I don't really expect anything until after the summer, especially indoor.

>>10547503
Whatever is possible at the time, obviously.
>>
Can't we just like... Organize a big online meetup. Without ticket prices and all that hassle?

A discord server that actually is some kind of convention. With a short schedule just to get in the mood. Just for a day or an evening.

Like meetups from yesteryear. But online.

Idk idea might be shite or it might be quite okay.
>>
>>10559377
The online animecon was pretty fun. If there would be more online events like that I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>10559377
Anyone could organise an online meetup, but hardly anyone wants to. I can't say I blame them either. It takes a lot of time and effort to pull something off that isn't "yet another dead on arrival cosplay Discord". Those without experience would have no idea where to start or who to approach. Nobodies would have a hard time arranging anything as they lack connections. Even when you try, you gain nothing in return. At that point you might as well stick with online movie and gaming nights with your friends.
>>
>>10558924

>Whatever is possible at the time, obviously.

I asked it because of the email Elfia send about 2021 Arcen with restrictions and 2022 Haarzuilens.
>>
So the guys behind nishicon are now the new owners of cosplayclues. Thoughts?
>>
>>10574566
this girl can't even sell secondhand shit properly how is she doing to manage a store lmao
>>
>>10574566

Be prepared to get scammed~
>>
>>10574566
Is Nishicon any good? I've heard mixed stories about it.
>>
>>10578856
It's some middle ground between a small one-day convention and a full weekend con. It tries to be bigger but it's just not quite there yet. The cheater at the cosplay contest last edition shows the poor quality control of the con and nishicon itself is also very understaffed.
That aside though, it's still a fun con. It has some kind of amateurish charm like the early days of abunai.
>>
https://twitter.com/japanexpo/status/1376837673348956161/photo/1
Japan expo got postponed to 2022. It's only a matter of time before animecon and abunai will also make their announcement.
>>
I'm surprised nobody here is discussing viencon going 'no refunds sorry lul'. Is that even legal?
>>
>>10586582
Nope, refusing refunds is definitely NOT legal. If an event gets postponed or cancelled you as a ticket holder by law have the right to accept any of the 4 following options:
1) Have your ticket carried over to the new date (postponements only, has to be within 26 months).
2) Exchange your ticket for a voucher of the same value, valid for at least 24 months.
3) Receive a full refund including any service and booking fees. This has to be paid within 3 months if an event got cancelled and within 12 months if an event got postponed.
4) Agree to a different option (ie: donate your refund to the organiser) but the first 3 options must always be given.

Viencon got called out by several people on their "no refunds" statement but doesn't care. How they immediately stopped mentioning refunds all-together and now claim only options 1 and 2 are possible speaks for itself. They probably think they're above the law or nobody would bother with refunds if they keep their mouths shut.
>>
>>10586625
I'd suggest for people not to pay with ideal but with cc or pp instead. with these methods you could do a chargeback when Viencon gets cancelled and when they don't do refunds.
>>
Animecon just posted on their facebook page.

No Animecon in june, that one is postponed to somewhere in June 2022.

Animecon Classic, still as planned but still runs the risk of being postponed as well.

And this is new, the Animecon Christmas Special in the Broodfabriek Rijswijk on december 11 and 12 2021.
>>
>>10588938
screen
>>
And there goes Abunai, postponed until February 2022.
>>
>>10590784

Great now they have time to solve some unfinished business.
>>
>government covers cancellation costs of events in case they have to be postponed
>everything is moved to winter/next year anyway because they don't cover 100%
What a shitshow.
>>
>>10590875
The government will only cover partially if you had a cancellation insurance for your previous two editions, if not then they wont cover anything.
>>
Fuck i'm so upset that this corona shit took out 2 years of conventions
>>
>>10590875
I can’t blame the conventions for not wanting to take the risk yet. Our vaccination program is already behind schedule. There’s no predicting what measures might be in effect once an event takes place or can even take place with these measures. We know little to nothing about the COVID passport nor testing for events. Even with testing, it’s still undecided if or what measures are allowed to be ignored. The current climate is simply not yet fit to organise anything big or indoors and at some point you can no longer wait and have make the call to postpone. But that’s just my 2 cents on this “shitshow”. Expect only smaller outdoor events and markets for now. Hopefully Q4 will be deemed safe enough and within reach for organisers for larger things like DCC and the Christmas Anime Con edition to take place.
>>
>>10591203
told ya
>>
>>10588938
>>10589036
Classic also got postponed until next year.
>>
>>10596876
this will be huge trowback for them
>>
So far viencon is the only one still standing. I am considering booking a ticket but their no refunds makes me a bit wary.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.