[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bags.jpg (67 KB, 300x400)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
There's a shoes thread, so why not a bags thread?

- What's your favourite bag that you own for lolita?

- Where do you prefer to buy bags for lolita fashion? Do you like brand bags, or do you prefer normie bags for space/quality?

- What do you look for in a bag before you purchase it? Cross-body, backpack, inner pockets, material, versatility, ability to fit stuff, etc.
>>
File: coffinbackpack.jpg (38 KB, 564x802)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
My most used bag is this backpack from Killstar. I know a lot of people are boycotting them now due to art theft but I bought it several years ago before I became aware of that.

I can fit quite a lot of stuff in it, and I am pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it is. Having used it regularly for over 2 years, it still looks good. Overall I'm pleased with it. However, being a backpack it is a bit less versatile as it cannot be worn with cloaks or capes, and being coffin-shaped it's definitively gothic so I can't wear it with more classic coords. I'm on the hunt for something versatile and hardwearing but still elegant that I can use for classic coords. Would be very open to any suggestions, lolita-brand or normie!
>>
It's so plain and boring and doesn't look lolita at all, but it's so convenient due to the small size and cross-body strap, I end up using it all the time.
>>
File: 758290347849032.jpg (328 KB, 1000x706)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>10500355
Has anyone actually managed to make a normie novelty purse look good with a coord? Every coord I've seen with a normie novelty bag looks like the bag is shoehorned in.
>>
>>10500355
>>10500424
i would kill for a bag like these but made in leather instead of pleather
>>
>What's your favourite bag that you own for lolita?
I don't have it yet, it's still at my SS waiting to be shipped out, but I got Baby's heart bag in one of the rarer colors, so I'm excited for that.

>Where do you prefer to buy bags for lolita fashion? Do you like brand bags, or do you prefer normie bags for space/quality?
Brand bags because I like the specific look. I don't have any from AP yet though because they flake/peel. Still might buy one though. The normie designer bags I have that I got before I really started buying lolita are cute, and sorta loliable, but not enough that I feel satisfied with them.

>What do you look for in a bag before you purchase it? Cross-body, backpack, inner pockets, material, versatility, ability to fit stuff, etc.
I prefer crossbody or backpack so I don't have my hands full. I love those 3way rucksacks. If it's big enough for a water bottle, that's a plus.
>>
>>10500437
Same. It’s such a cute idea in theory but it always just looks off.
>>
>>10500438
I s2g I would sell a kidney for a lolita appropriate leather bag
I've been on the hunt for one of the Moitie ones, but the people selling them never seem to know which version they have
>>
I have a raging hate boner against lolita branded bags. Every single one I have bought has been a shitty, peely mess even with minimal use. I found the shiny vinyl ones werent so bad, but the pleather ones are terrible.

- What's your favourite bag that you own for lolita?
I went and specifically got a Vivienne Westwood heart bag for the quality and size which is easily the favourite.

- Where do you prefer to buy bags for lolita fashion? Do you like brand bags, or do you prefer normie bags for space/quality?
I like brand bags for the look, but I just can't make myself buy them unless I can get it for a decent price. I have a strong preference for normie bags, or hell dare I say it, even the replica Loris bags on Taobao are good. I have had one for years which has been abused and stored in the worst possible conditions and crushed in the back of my wardrobe and its still going strong. I quite like SamanthaVega bags for lolita as the quality is decent, you can pick them up quite cheap and most of them still have the cute look.

- What do you look for in a bag before you purchase it? Cross-body, backpack, inner pockets, material, versatility, ability to fit stuff, etc.
To be honest, if it fits in my wardrobe, I buy it regardless. I adjust what I take with me to what fits in the bag. I do like things with inner pockets though.
>>
this is my favorite bag by far. it's very roomy (i can fit my whole ipad in it), it doesn't peel like the other ap bags and it's plain enough to go with all my coords. definitely one of my most used lolita items
>>
>>10500437
>>10500441
Dumping some pics from COF of coords with normie bags. Tried to pick some that aren't totally ita but I couldn't find many actually good coords, most of the ones I found were nitpick/barely above ita.
>>
>>10500471
*normie brand bags
the bags themselves aren't totally normie
>>
>>10500473
>>
>>10500475
>>
>>10500476
>>
>>10500478
>>
>>10500479
>>
>>10500480
>>
>>10500438
+1 gothic and classic lolitas are lucky they can substitute some of their bags and shoes with normie brands but it's a struggle with sweet
>>
>>10500469
I have this one too! I adore it, large and functional but still cute as hell.
On another note, does anyone have recommendations for tarnishing on BTSSB’s heart bag handles? I’ve never had to deal with metal tarnishing before and don’t want to fuck up fixing it
>>
>>10500355
Actually the one in your pic is my fave, tho I prefer the brown to the red (which is somewhat...bright and just slightly doesn't match things!!!).

IIRC they're leather; they've lasted a long time. I used the brown one daily for a couple years!

Probably my fave thing about them is that they hold their shape; it's great for protecting things that might get lost or squished in a different bag.

Anyways, enough gushing (love that bag omfg). I prefer to buy most of my stuff secondhand, including bags, but I do look for brand. I have enough bags for enough outfits now that I don't really look for them to be honest.

In a bag, I look for versatility, meaning different ways to wear or use it (3-way bags ftw), or how many different outfits it'll go with. I also look for durability, e.g. materials, construction, shape, any points of weakness that may sustain extra damage.

But yeah the Raphael Doctor Bag my dudes; they're gonna last me my whole life I swear!
>>
>>10500494
Use silverware cleaner, the kind made for actual silver.
>>
I love the look of MILK heart bags. Are the "anniversary" ones made out of better materials?
>>
My Restyle violin bag has taken some abuse and is still fine after 5 years. I generally like a handbag I can wear on normie days too. I prefer larger bags because I usually do a bit of shopping when I go to meetups and don’t like carrying around a bunch of tote bags.

I’m more into gothic in classic but I get jealous of all the cute keychains and accessories sweeter styles have for their bags - any suggestions for classic/gothic bag accessories?
>>
>>10500545
No, just different colors.
>>
>>10500545
If you mean the 100k yen ones those are real leather.

The regular ones are my go-to bag and they are nice quality. I used my black one almost daily for 2 years and it’s been travelling and rained on often. There are only a couple tiny, unnoticeable scuffs on the side. Mine are from the 45th anniversary or later - I’m not sure if the quality was worse before?
>>
>>10500542
Thanks anon! I’ll give that a go
>>
>>10500438
i think the OP image (mary magdalene doctor bag) actually is leather! good luck finding one though...
>>
I actually sold most of my lolita bags because for daily life purposes I need a large bag that can fit a lot of heavy stuff. Lolita bags fell apart too quickly or the larger ones were uncomfortable carrying around all day long, so over the course of time I just switched to using normie bags altogether. The only 2 lolita bags I kept were two violin bags. One by IW and the other one by JM. These are my go-to bags for fancy events where I don't need lots of storage space. But this rarely happens (even more so with this stupif pandemic happening rn) and I don't regret sizing down at all.
>>
>>10500494
Can confirm like the other anon, I use little silver polishing cloths that come with the polishing substance impregnated into the cloth. My old BtSSB charms and hardware perk right up!
>>
I have about 15 brand purses and I got them all second hand. I’d never pay full retail for them due to the quality but second hand they go for super cheap. They just really take my coord to the next level
>>
Just some advice about peeling brand bags. I’ve used a little mod podge to stick the little peeling edges down (under the pleather) and also to coat on top over cracks. And then where the substrate is exposed I paint it using Angelus paint to hide the spots. It doesn’t look perfect, but it has stopped the peeling for me and looks OK to most casual observers. I’ve even used mod podge on handles where I have to keep touching it and it’s held up well.
>>
Can someone recommend nice gothic bags?
>>
What’s the verdict on these Aliexpress book shaped purses? They seem pretty cute and ok quality to me but I could see them being a hated accessory since they’re ubiquitous and cheap.
>>
>>10500937
I think they're cute, I have one and have used it in coords from time to time.
>>
>>10500822
I do this too, $120 brand new for an AP bag I can find for like $45 barely used online.
>>
>>10500475
Oh, my friend has this bag! I think for working lolitas it’s a great choice, big enough to hold your laptop and all your essentials and doesn’t require you to double or triple bag going to work
>>
>>10500493
Not good for meetups, but I use a pink leather mini backpack for every day when wearing sweet. The pastel + backpack is cute enough for a pass
>>
>>10500937
Most book purses read meme-y since the iw ones were the hot thing during the classic boom. This might just be a personal thing, though (and I have no room to talk as I own said IW bag)
>>
File: bag.jpg (22 KB, 280x284)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
okay real talk I have a bag similar to pic related but more retro and pastel pink, almost like the makeup case on the fantastic dolly print. I have a coord I'd like to wear it with but will it look stupid? I like that its vintage kitschy but also don't wanna look like I'm hauling around a bunch of lipstick and foundation all day lmao
>>
>>10500437
IDK, I've always gotten compliments on my novelty bags and accompanying outfits irl and think I tie them together ok.
Like, just color coordination can make stuff work well with going overboard trying to make everything fit a theme or whateves.
>>
>>10501934
i think you should tie it in by wearing it with a cosnetics themed outfit so that it doesn't look unintentional. Something like a powderpuff hairclip or earrings, a perfume necklace, sheer stockings, nice updo.
>>
>>10501934
That could look really cute! I think >>10500479
tied in the novelty aspect pretty well and would be similar to your bag
>>
>>10500476
I have that purse. It’s Betsey Johnson and it fits almost nothing and it’s next to impossible to get things out of
>>
>>
>>10500479
I wish Kate Spade still made bags like this.
>>
File: 1606011176237.jpg (575 KB, 1536x2048)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
Not a lolita coord but the bag in this image would work well for gothic. Pic stolen from the VW thread.
>>
Dumb question, is it considered ITA to use designer bags in lolita such as Chanel, YSL, etc? Some kate spade bags are very loliable as well especially their plain designs with bows.
>>
>>10506143
As long as it matches the outfit, I don't see a problem.
>>
>>10506151
Another example of a VW bag in lolita.
>>
>>10500547
Party city and Halloween stores usually have trinkets that make decent bag charms. I have a stuffed bat that smells like hot chocolate on a clip. It's a little.cutesy but I unironically love bats. But check out similar places for jewelry and trinkets you can take apart and turn into charms. That or commission some on Etsy.
>>
File: 882795084-2081986782.jpg (574 KB, 800x800)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>10500937
This one caught my eye as well as a few others on Ali. Comes in sax, pink, navy, white and red too
>>
File: 2030745414-586982668.jpg (372 KB, 800x800)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>10506272
Some other ones I've been eyeing
>>
File: michael kors vivianne.jpg (18 KB, 400x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
As far as normie bags go, how do you gulls feel about this Michael Kors design?
>>
>>10500355
>What's your favourite bag that you own for lolita?
Pic related from VM. I paid out the ass to get it second hand, but it's full leather so I think it was worth it.
>Where do you prefer to buy bags for lolita fashion? Do you like brand bags, or do you prefer normie bags for space/quality?
I'm not particular, so long as I like it and it's real leather.
>What do you look for in a bag before you purchase it? Cross-body, backpack, inner pockets, material, versatility, ability to fit stuff, etc.
Space is very important for me, I would like to fit at least an umbrella or a jacket in it. I stay away from pleather like a plague because I really hate it when it inevitably flakes, but other materials are fine.
Backpack > cross-body > handbag, I like to keep my hands free.
>>
>>10507066
I don't love it... Like it's okay but it's not really jumping out at me as a super nice design or something I'd want to buy.
>>
>>10507066
It’s pretty boring
>>
>>10507066
Too tacky, I'll pass.
>>
>>10507066
It looks like Lily Allen would have wore it in 2007
>>
>>10500937
I think they can be really cute but keep in mind lot of them only have the book cover as a flap and no internal zipper. This makes it easy for stuff to fall out. The flap is also held shut by a weak magnet. If you're going to be moving around a lot this could be bad but you could always build a zipper into it.
>>
>>10500937
I've got this. The red is more deep in real life. I dont wear it when in lolita as it does feel a bit memey but wear it in casual wear.
>>10506276
I love this!
>>
>>10507066
This screams ross to me.
>>
>>10507066
It's not bad, but it probably costs like $300. Just get a cheap pleather brand bag.
>>
>>10507066
Meh
>>
could we share what we keep in our purses/bags when going out to meets or cons? kawaii pateen has a video series of jfash people showing off what they carry around daily and im addicted to seeing that sort of content
>>
>>10507066
there were hundreds of knock offs of these selling for like $20 in (my country's version of) claires about 10 years ago, so no thanks
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 194x259)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I think Olympia De Tan bags may be loliable
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (92 KB, 473x512)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>10509876
>>
>>10509878
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (96 KB, 512x436)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>10509876
kek I misspelled the name its Olympia Le Tan
>>
>>10509882
>>
>>10509885
>>
>>
>>10509882
Fuck these are so cute. I’m not dropping over 1k on a bag any time soon but I’m keeping these in mind.
>>
I hate purses but backpacks are my love.
>>
>>10517438
This. I'm trying to look more mature now that I'm an adult, but I fucking hate the strain on one shoulder. I prefer to effortlessly swing a drawstring bag onto my back, but it's not a cute solution.
>>
>>10509828
That's fucking cute and I would love to see it.
>>
What are your favorite sites/stores to look for bags? I've only ever been gifted purses so I've never had to actually seek them out for myself.
>>
>>10507066
ugly as shit, plus this kind of flower design was really popular in mid range department stores (david jones and myer if ur australian) in like 2015 so its really off trend if you give a shit about that. michael kors is so tacky lmao.

if you actually like the design the department store thing means you'd be able to find something similar for pretty cheap if you stalk normie second hand sites for like 5 mins.
>>
>>10507066
The black one is ok? Overpriced though for what they make imo. Coach sometimes has some cute loliable pieces and leather > pleather all day.
>>
>>10518050
>leather > pleather all day
This particuar MK bag is supposedly leather, but I'm betting a lot of the ones on secondhand sites are the TaoBao dupe, so there's no telling what that's made of.

>>10517985
Yea, I've come across tons that are a similar design. They look less sturdy but that's expected since they're a tenth of the price.
>>
>>10500493
Some of the UK leather satchel companies make them in pastels.
>>
>>10518208
>>
>>10518210
I won't keep spamming pics, but there's also pastel yellow, blue, and lavender.
>>
>>10500493
At least you can modify plushies into bags?
>>
>>10500535
epic xD
>>
How food are MILK bags?
>>
>>10527566
The leather’s a bit chewy
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (186 KB, 441x308)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
Definitely my favorite bag for when i wear lolita is my usakumya heart window rucksack, im a whore for babys mascots. The plush pochettes and mini rucksacks are cute but not the most practical (I own them anyway cause... plush bag)
>>
>>10527588
Do you have little usakumya buttons in it? I'm going back and forth on doing this for my girl kumakumya
>>
>>10527569
i snorted in bed and woke up my husband, god damn it anon
>>
>>10527588
Putting some mini mini rucksacks in the window is a really cute look.
>>
>>10509887
This designer’s stuff is cute, but if I’m paying anything over $500 for a purse, it needs to be made somewhere other than China.
>>
>>10518208
>>10518210
Do they make any in dark brown?
>>
>>10527596 I have a btssb button I got a bit ago I put on another bag, I'm a little nervous sticking pins through my bag so I only have one of my plush charms in it

>>10527622 it definitely is! Unfortunately I don't have any so I actually use one of my pokemon plush charms for the window

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.