[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1586677602147.jpg (125 KB, 1080x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
previous: >>10461102

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Original Music Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU

because nobody else made a thread edition
>>
>create thread
>go to post the link
>old thread gets archived
figures
>>
What group is that? They're kinda cute desu
>>
>>10495631

Looks like Mystiq Wish
>>
>>10495579
But you did it op, that’s all that matters.
>>
>>10495631
this is giga, bambi, and may from mystiq wish!
>>
Danzoo dash disbanded
>>
>>10495790
Fuck this year.

How many groups have disbanded this year damn
>>
>>10495790
Not gonna lie I saw this coming. They hadn’t posted since April (excluding the blackouts because they aren’t content based) and when the first scandal post popped up I knew it was coming. It’s really unfortunate because they were really cute and I liked their content.
>>
>>10495790
DZD is always going to be my favorite idol group. This year is awful.
>>
>>10495800
The first scandal post? I must have been living under a rock, what happened?
>>
>>10495820
It's on their instagram it was just a jokey thing they did for each of their members.
>>
Is anyone in Danzoo going to continue with idol activities?
>>
>>10495795
its probably been really hard for groups to maintain motivation as well as push out content when they had to remain isolated up until a couple months ago. its unfortunate but i see why so many groups disbanded
>>
>>10495892
I don't see why the groups just don't wait it out though. Why disband? You don't always have to be pushing out content.
>>
>>10495895
Exactly. Some soloists and groups go months without posting new content.
SYA even was active up until like that last three weeks before their announcement....
But they said this has been coming since December of last year so I don’t know.
>>
>>10495903
I think it has to do more with other things just coming to a head than the pandemic imo. Danzoo said they already planned to have a last live before all this happened I think so this has just been speeding along the inevitable. Like with SYA and how they said they've encountered creative differences. The pandemic just made it that much more easy to just go ahead and call it quits rather than drag it out and wait till performances are over.
>>
I'm really sad about DZD. They're one of the groups I looked up to a lot, because they're local to me and were one of the first overseas groups I ever encountered. I'm gonna miss DZD T_T
>>
>>10495579
With so much bad news and disbandment from this year, I will say I’m finding myself less interested in this community after all these years. There’s only three soloists I support, I’m not a big fan of any groups that are left. Most groups that are well polished and active have members with drama or bad personalities that make me not want to support them. I don’t really know what’s going to happen to the overseas idol community after 2020, there are no strong leaders right now. The ones who could be contenders are more like indie musicians who have idol like gimmicks or just don’t have a big wow factor. I also feel like the over saturation of low quality content from love live groups becoming idol groups after they get bored is ruining any chance of people promoting themselves to become a bigger name here.
>>
>>10496007
Uh Ok
>>
>>10495895
how long do you expect them to wait tho? they're in a state with a high number of covid cases, and considering the US isn't doing too hot with covid response & relief, they could be "waiting" another whole ass year just to disband. there's no reason to delay the inevitable, especially when they said this had been planned since last december.
>>
>>10496043
I was saying it wouldn't make sense for them to disband just cause of a pandemic and not being able to put out content. It's always a reason more than that.
>>
>>10496127

Have to second this. Yeah, group stuff is somewhat difficult - but there are ways around it. Film separately and put it together (you could also decide to just meet up and spread disease, but yanno - I like the hope most people have the sanity to not do that)

People aren't disbanding because of Covid. They're disbanding because they don't have the motivation/drive to put the extra effort in editing that filming at home causes. Either because they were already planning to disband or because the bad personalities/drama within the group just means they don't want to work together.
>>
>>10496134
>people don’t have the motivation to put the extra effort that filming at home causes

Not directing this at you, but that’s such a damn cop out in my opinion.
Maybe I’m harsh, but anyone who survives this year has my respect simply because they didn’t let a pandemic stop them.
Anyone who managed to grow despite this pandemic halting all in person activities will be more respected as well personally.
To work knowing you won’t be able to be live and to put out content regardless shows that they have a great passion and probably are serious about their work. I like that.

Speaking of growth, since were winding down to the winter v-fests, who do you think grew this year in your eyes, and who do you think degraded?
>>
>>10496145
Everyone has degraded. We're in the middle of a global pandemic.
>>
>>10496157
And knowing that we’re in a damn pandemic....
Given what they’ve got....

Some people definitely have improved.
>>
>>10496157
It's like you expect people to bring out high quality content despite it being perfectly clear that we are in a pandemic. No offense but I swear people have too high of expectations for this community
>>
>>10496160
I agree, I do think a lot of idols have brought out amazing content despite being in a pandemic!
>>
>>10496145
Most people (especially the American ones) have degraded, which is fair enough. Calina, Phoebe, and Koneko have put out awesome music, Quartesque has done really well for debuting in the middle of all this, CIN have all put in really fantastic shows, and we’ve seen some good progress from some lower-tier idols as well (off the top of my head, Rira and Yua put out some decent originals and Aika has one coming soon, Risa Rosé has really started defining her image, and Aidan (now LAQNA) has had an interesting rebrand). Some of the more odottemita-focused idols have really shined this year (specifically thinking of kayorz, bunny kaisui, and Alex Pinku here). Everyone has had a bad year, but some of the community are still making strides.
>>
>>10496169
*Aikan, thanks autocorrect
>>
>>10496145

Despite everything I think that Koneko, Calina and Kurohime have still been able to continue to grow and put out some strong original content

Obviously Melancholiaah is always amazing, looking forward to hearing his new single

Lots of people seem to have debuted this year which is an interesting choice but agreeing Quartesque did a good job, they're a promising group
>>
>>10496169
Speaking of Phoebe I managed to catch her new content at her 24 hour stream the other day. Imo that girl never fails to impress! Her covers can get a little repetitive but the genuine care that goes into her originals always shines through. Quarantine might have been good for her at least, what with going into her vtubing stuff. Thoughts?

For reference, here's her new original and pv:

https://feebeechanchibi.bandcamp.com/track/all-of-my-life

https://youtu.be/6XMX1Ox4MNI
>>
File: 1577099863512.jpg (170 KB, 1080x1080)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Shooting Star Idols also released another original song a few days ago but it wasn't very good. It doesn't sound terrible, it's just...boring? It's impressive that Lumi made the song though. She's a solid all rounder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwkNzpxJTI
>>
>>10496234
Idols composing their own music is rare.
I really enjoyed Shooting Idols new song, I thought it was very cute.
>>
>>10496246
It's not that rare, most people are just absolute shit at it and/ or get ignored
>>
Halloween Videos

Project Starlight - Ghosts Play to the Audience
https://youtu.be/HoQYtX-KjEs

POLARiS - Strawberry Trapper
https://youtu.be/a8Ewhzv52oQ

ETC - Poker Face
https://youtu.be/g_r8OJMevs0

Cherry - Dun Dun
https://youtu.be/yA51y6LnHV0

Idols a la Carte - Happy Halloween
https://youtu.be/BIK2NgKAdT0

Calina and Auracle
https://youtu.be/4HofU0jkD5Q

Quartesque - Scream
https://youtu.be/hv1Q0XRPxl4

Peachy Parade - Halloween Party
https://youtu.be/NfcPU1TGxM8
>>
>>10496339
I really enjoyed most of these! I always love to see Halloween content.
>>
>>10496169
Definitely agree with this! I’ve seen quite a few less popular idols and groups shine and grow this year, while some of the more talked about ones really showed their cracks.

Who are some of your favorite less tales about idols that you think are worth watching?
>>
File: 1597163304472.jpg (65 KB, 706x706)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Never paid much attention to melancholiah since I'm not into soloists but as I was looking through idol content I decided to finally check her out. Her first EP is amazing, especially the two tracks she produced. Final bubble bath sounds like a cross between Salem and Alice Vicious. I'm shook. How is it that each song has less than 10k plays on Spotify/YouTube? Yuugata Side is great too. Shame that the album is in a jewel case. Is nobody learning from Kpop albums?
>>
>>10496407
he/him btw friend, in case you weren't aware! :)
>>
>>10496407

*he

He is amazing though, despite being one of the bigger names in the community he's still underrated
>>
>>10496407
People are producing things independently and you expect k-pop level of product production.

LOL.
>>
>>10496411
>>10496412
ftm or biologically male?

>>10496413
The physical album isn't too bad to deal with. Getting good songs is where the real difficulty lies.
>>
I'm guessing ftm then.
>>
>>10496407
> Is nobody learning from Kpop albums?
More times than not, if a K-pop group isnt managed by their korean agency, they will also have jewel cases in Japan. Kpop packaging is extremely expensive.
>>
>>10496413
>>10496417
i think they are talking about swag. even self produced jp idols will have miniposters or cute packaging or something.
>>
File: 1588335717114.jpg (179 KB, 1242x1243)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>10496420
No I'm talking about the box. Things that look good on a shelf.
>>
Watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCV3I5lYgMk
>says melancholiah is meant to be gross, how she felt as a kid
That's so weird because the music is amazing yet she hates it? I wish I could make music that good.
>>
File: 1599016001473.png (27 KB, 512x512)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>10496424
he* or was she still a she then?
>>
>>10496425
He recently came out with his newest release
>>
>>10496422
then you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>10496425
You don’t change pronouns just because it’s an older video; just use he/him, not that hard.
>>
>>10496422
As much as I would love overseas idols to have beautiful releases like this, it would raise the price even further and majority of people won’t pay kpop prices for a small artist.
>>
>>10496477

This
As someone who has looked into doing a physical single release, it's expensive.
When you're paying for it 100% out of your own pocket and not sure how well received it will be too it's even more or a risk.
Even jewel cases are expensive to buy in bulk.

It would still be nice to see from some idols eventually but it's very understandable why people don't do it yet.
>>
>>10496480
Not to mention, not many people aren't willing to pay for the stuff that idols release in the first place when it's cheap.....
>>
>>10496480
>Even jewel cases are expensive to buy in bulk.
And you have no choice but to buy in bulk either.
>>
>>10496422
Lmfao you just proved how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>10496339
What was everyone’s favorite Halloween content? I appreciate all the content Cherry put out, and I really liked the Calina/Auracle collab, as well as Peachy Parade’s cover.
>>
>>10496603
I really liked the content Quartesque put out too. It's hard to see overseas idols post covers more than twice a month, much less 12 times in a single month. And I feel like for the amount of time they had for each cover, they were pretty high quality.
>>
>>10496007
Ngl but I agree with this anon, the overseas idol community has been really dry. We either have low effort cringe or really narcissistic brats to choose from. Idols who are actually half decent and aren't involved in heaps of drama are a dime a dozen.

It's crazy we had Kimono time/Kerukkuma/Aminyan/Yukapon etc and others who get the whole idol thing and actually made an effort, and apparently nobody else really got it since
>>
>>10496630
The world and internet was such a wildly different place back then so it's not that fair to compare.
>>
>>10496630
ok boomer.

Kimono Time aka Kelsey Ellison was good, but she wasn't that much different from what people are doing now. She did dance covers in her bedroom, and did some vocal covers. People still shit talked her lol.

Not familiar with kerukkuma, too lazy to search.

Aminyan was NOT that great. her live presence and dancing skills were bad until she got to japan. Even then, from the few things we saw her do in Japan, it's no wonder she didn't go far.

Yukapon had a shit ton of drama and rumors, granted, the poor girl was a minor when she got swept away with idol stuff. But don't even bother putting her on a pedestal because even PINKII herself doesn't see much pride in her old idol stuff. She did have the idol image down though I agree, but it was also... little sister fetish :)
>>
>>10496630
Same anon that just replied, I really don't understand people like you. There are groups like Auracle, Peachy Parade, A-MUSE, Girls' Secret, and so on that do it well, and soloists like Calina that really put in effort and are physically attractive.
>>
>>10496643
All of those groups have members who have been problematic on social media or are personally really rude people that I don’t want to support. A lot of “good” groups aren’t worth it to support when your idol says racist shit on facebook. Public image control is something a lot of overseas groups don’t have. Especially Auracle LOL.
>>
>>10496687
>Public image control is something a lot of overseas groups don’t have

This. So many overseas idol groups need to work on public appearances on social media. Even though I like Calina, her putting down another member of Mosuri on her very public Twitter was a mask off moment, as well as the Auracle issue. It's like the beauty YouTuber community; while not everyone is a bad person, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. It's not like they put out shit content (especially in the cases of Auracle and Calina), but their attitudes and behavior online can hurt their brand, especially when the entire gimmick is being an online persona. They don't have to act like robots or have squeaky clean pants but having the appearance of a decent person rather than a petulant child would go a long way for so many idols.
>>
What happened with Calina on Twitter? I missed that
>>
File: 1601512415560.jpg (283 KB, 2048x1152)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
spill the tea
>>
>>10496703
iirc calina “called out” members of the group she was leading, saying that everyone but herself were lazy and less talented. it was unprofessional and an attempt make her look better than her own group mates while she was the leader at the time. posting those opinions served no purpose besides trying to make herself look better lol
>>
>>10496642

the difference between that eras drama and this eras drama is really big though. back then people were overly critical because of jealousy. now people dislike people for things like being racist, being entitled or hard to work with, being just rude at events, or even personally attacking other members of the community. times have changed and the community has indisputably gotten smaller and more cringe.

shit talking people is different than pointing out how an idol insulted other idols at a con. plus, those people had fans that weren’t involved in this community which is something almost no one has now.
>>
Have there been any physical fights? Who threw hands?
>>
>>10496711
> plus, those people had fans that weren’t involved in this community which is something almost no one has now.
Almost everyone performed at cons and/or actually tried to target Japan too which is a BIG difference. Even Kelsey, who I don’t think targeted japan, did idol work without actually falling trap to typically idol sound. Her music was well received because it was easy to swallow mainstream.
>>
>>10496687
So what? Now that these people fucked up they just aren't worth supporting at all?
>>
>>10496740
I mean, if they repeatedly show that they’re awful people, then yeah you shouldn’t support them lol
>>
>>10496740
I mean... yeah. if they don’t apologize and change I don’t really want to support them. It’s not like their content is so good I can’t live without it.
>>
>>10496709
This was long before she established much of her own solo brand, so her individual twitter, while public, mainly just had her friends on there/people that knew her more than the leader of Mosuri.

And frankly I can't blame her for complaining about whoever was being lazy because, well, Calina was the best performer and the most involved with the group. Look at them now without her, lol.

As far as Auracle goes, there were long discussions people had on twitter that seem to have changed the members point of view. You can't defeat racism if you don't allow people to change.
>>
I think what people are also forgetting is that odorite videos aren't as big as they used to be on YouTube. Odorite was the gateway to being a net-idol. What really fucked things up was when a lot of Japanese music videos and songs were blocked outside of Japan on Youtube from 2012-2015? I can't remember, but that really halted a lot of the "expansion" I guess of j-music. meanwhile, korea didn't have that problem with youtube and gained great momentum during that time.

So, I think that because of that, it created a pause between the international participation of song covers and dance covers, and that lead to a lot of that gen's decline. now we have a new gen of "overseas idols" that don't know about the previous gen, so they're starting things new in their own way, largely based off of anime since around 2016 we had the love live boom in the west and then Japanese music videos on YouTube had that ban lifted around then. Again, memory a bit foggy on all that specifically.

Also, I just think people are realizing that to be an idol they don't have to appeal to Japan entirely, also because people have spoken up about creepy japanese guys taking advantage of foreign girls trying to be idols in japan. (see beckii cruel, yukapon, yuememi hayley, amina)
>>
>>10496771
same anon, let me rephrase that about the popularity of odorite videos: there's still dancers that get a shit tone of views, but it's not as popular as a community like it was before. Like, before, you could have groups like dtp dance in hallways to j-pop and vocaloid songs that evvverryyone knew the dance to. Now, you can't get enough people to do that. I think from staring with odorite, you end up finding that route that makes you want to appeal to a more japanese audience.
>>
>>10496763
Calina was literally the leader. She could of DMed the group and said she feels like they’re lazy. Instead, at her grown ass old age, she decided to publicly embarrass one of her group mates without even thinking about the damage it would do to the mosuri brand (which was really clean up until that). Regardless, I also don’t want to support a publicly bad leader who pretends she was otherwise.

There is a difference between holding people accountable for their past mistakes while allowing them to grow and assuming they’ve grown because they said they have. Besides being publicly racist and ignorant, all the members of Auracle are just awful and rude to a lot of other people in the community. while I respect their work I do not like any of the members from what I have heard about them behind the scenes. They aren’t good people and do not fit the types of people I am fans of as idols.
>>
>>10496776
I don't know where you heard that from but I can say that absolutely isn't true. They've been nothing but kind and supportive of other people and my personal friends and aquaintances. Whoever said that shit probably had some sort of vendetta cause I cannot imagine that.
>>
>>10496757
They did apologize though. That's the thing. I'm sure Calina has grown since then and Auracle has not only deeply and properly apologized, they fixed things with people they had issues with in the past. You can't just ask people to apologise and grow and then when they do, still hold this shit over their heads.
>>
>>10496776
Oh shit what have Auracle done to other people in the community?
>>
>>10496780
I agree. I mean, what more does a person need to do to prove themselves? I'd rather just give them the chance again. If they do something bad again I'll re-evaluate my stance at that point.
>>
>>10496787
I’d like to hear too because this sounds like a baseless lie.
>>
>>10496776
I remember Calina immediately tweeting that the critiques of her were right and she’s said she does not think she is a good leader on her story more than once. Her and Mosuri seem to get along just fine so I can’t see her being that bad of a person

And I’ve never heard anything bad about Auracle outside the race thing or Peachy Parade or Amuse
>>
>>10496797
When you say “race thing” that makes it sound like we are excusing racist behavior. We are not. Mocha was upset about riots but once informed, she apologized and I have seen an increase and continued support for BLM for months from her. I’m surprised and also not surprised that it keeps coming back up but that’s what happened.
>>
>>10496808
Exactly that.
>>
I saw all the stuff that went down with Auracle, their opinions about the riots were bad but they did have discussions with people on Twitter and they did listen and learn from their mistake. That's better than continuing on like nothing happened.
>>
So wait....we are excusing a racist group now? No way in hell a few conversations changed their whole view point. You can be dumb and believe they changed if you want but i don't. This is the main reason why POC idol community doesnt deal with us. We excuse poor behavior or call it a "race thing"
>>
I think part of the issue here is that you can acknowledge that someone has changed and still have your image of them tainted. I loved Auracle and thought they were one of the best newer groups in the community, but after what Mocha and the others said, I can’t feel comfortable supporting them, even if they seem to have changed their viewpoints. I won’t judge people who do believe that they’ve changed and who follow them, but they’re too tainted as a group for me to see them the same way.

Until they prove that they HAVENT changed, I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn’t mean I can personally support them.
(Plus, after seeing them meet up in person so much during a pandemic my respect for them dropped even more, especially since one of them is a teacher iirc)
>>
I dont care how much good content they put out. Seeing that racist shit was the end to me. Its easier for non poc to forgive them i guess. I mean it aint about them so why not.
>>
>>10496846
That’s the point. They weren’t excused. It’s not POC responsibility to educate them on why the riots were happening. They apologized and then continued their support and hopefully will lead their own education on important matters from now on. No one has to accept the apology but I personally don’t want to hang this over their heads forever bc then that means I believe no one can grow. I’m POC, this is my opinion and I am not trying to negate those who do not wish to accept the apology.
>>
Amaitsuki - SHINE MAGIC by ZOC
https://youtu.be/OmXcEUc6Mq0
>>
>>10496857
>
Classic. Add a little "I'm POC" to your comment for validity.
>>
>>10496880
This comment right here proves that some people have already made up their minds and just want to be mad. Lol
>>
Ice Qream - Mahou Tsukai Sally by Angerme
https://youtu.be/qUR5eqhmsB8
>>
>>10496880
It can't be helped. On the virtual space we're all equal which is good, but the default setting in most people's minds is "white". While normally I don't care, in certain spaces and conversations, people discredit your opinion because people automatically assume your race and gender based on words and use stereotypes to judge your opinion. On the flip side, you try to make your voice heard and it still gets shot down like your comment. Such is life.
>>
>>10496846
Its not so much excusing it, it's giving her room to grow. M has been held accountable and she really seems to be trying to change. You don't have to fuck with her, but don't hinder her willingness to change.
I don't mess with Auracle because of her, but I'm always watching to see if she's truly changed or was it a ploy to hold onto fans.
>>
I mean, of course Auracle would have several discussions and pretend like their world view has changed immediately after being exposing their ignorance. All the yt idols and cosplayers did it. But the chances that there’s been an actual paradigm shift? Laughable.

Nyaru had a whole round table discussion with members of CIN and pretty much nothing has come after that.

Just look at the CIN members. Most have released Halloween content, but the Halloween content post in this thread looked mighty white.

No effort to do any collaboration, even just virtual. No effort to really support outside of a hashtag for a week.

It’s only acceptable because it’s not in your face.
>>
>>10497254
CIN halloween showcase was brought up for being amazing last thread?
What happened with Nyaru? I'm curious
>>
>>10497306
There were a lot of videos released in the last week of October, including several from CIN, but only the same people were mentioned in the video dump again. Saying a festival was good groups all the POC idols in together and does not give any of them a chance to shine like non POC idols. But to that credit there’s plenty of white active and improving idols who are also never mentioned here. Just the same dozen or so every time.
>>
>>10497310
Yeah, I don’t think it’s a race thing so much as it is a “these people have been the subject of drama/in a clear spotlight before, therefore we keep tabs on their activity” thing. When it comes to the people who stay out of everything, this thread could care less
>>
>>10497311
Sure wish this thread was actually about what it's supposed to be about.
>>
>>10497310
Please share those then, it seems like we rely on one person to share videos and I would love to see more content. Maybe they're not subscribed.
>>
OICompetition 2020 Results are in! Winners' handles are for their IG profiles.

--Singing Category--
1st Place: Ayumi (@little.pastel.idol)
2nd Place: Phoebe (@feebeechanchibi)

--Dancing Category--
1st Place: BunnyKaisui (@bunnykaisui)
2nd Place: Ryoko (@chi_idolgirl)

--Best In Show--
Auracle (@auracle)

Twtich VOD will probably only be up for a few more days before twitch nukes it, watch it here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781837555
>>
>>10497316
For a few jump off subjects:

Who are some idols you’ve been watching this year?

Are there any that you’ve noticed have been particularly active or improving? Or interesting image/content changes?

Was there any recent content that hasn’t been discussed here that is worth sharing?
>>
>>10497328
Really happy that some less well known names were in here, it was very clearly a real competition and not some fanvoted mess or favoritism contest.
Congrats to all the participants, everyone did so well!
>>
>>10497330
>Who are some idols you've been watching this year?
I've been loving Risa Rose, Ryoko, and Ayumi. Idk if Juju is an idol or Odorite but I love her as well!

>Are there any that you’ve noticed have been particularly active or improving? Or interesting image/content changes?
Risa Rose's really been working on pulling her stuff together. Melancholiaah's transition while still doing music is super interesting to watch as well and I can't wait to see how he does from here on out.

>Was there any recent content that hasn’t been discussed here that is worth sharing?
Princess Shae's new song Silent Tune was pretty darn good. I'd like to see her image get a little bit of an improvement as it's really not screaming "idol" to me in any capacity, but her music is really promising!
>>
>>10497331
I agree, this was one event where I enjoyed every performance.
>>
>>10497330
I hadn’t watched anything of Ryoko’s before the competition, and now I’m getting to be a huge fan! Himawari Bea is another one I’ve been keeping up with, as her energy is so infectious!
>>
>>10497330

>Who are some idols you've been watching this year?

Calina, Ayumi and I've also been watching Juju, her dancing is amazing.

>Are there any that you’ve noticed have been particularly active or improving? Or interesting image/content changes?

Ichigo Ro have a really strong new look and great cinematography and I am interested in seeing more of Quill, they seem to be more of a utaite than an idol but their voice and style is interesting and I want to see more of what they can do.
>>
>>10497330
Personally I'm super interested in ELYSIVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8lutYxUv8
>>
>>10497330
I've really enjoyed watching Calina with her stuff, she really continues to impress me! For ones I want to keep my eye on I'm really loving Quill, her voice is so good and I loved her original song Illuminate!! I'm also excited to see what Jenny Hayes does as I think she has improved a bit this year. I'm also a big fan of Juju she is such an amazing dancer!
>>
>>10497380
I was so hyped when OIC ran their trailer. They've expressed interest in getting more OC groups/virtual groups on board and this is a super strong start
>>
>>10497377
QUiLL was super interesting, imma need some more of that good stuff
>>
>>10497387
Quill is a guy but I agree
>>
>>10497380
Their individual voices and concept are awesome but when they sing together I literally can’t listen
>>
>>10495579
is anyone updating the spreadsheet anymore? i can see lots of updates needed but not sure if its worth it to email if theyre not updating it.
>>
Are net idols also have celibate?
>>
>>10498860
net idols also have are celibate if they want as a fun thing they do, but not often
>>
>>10498856
I’d say email them to ask before you email with info
>>10498860
No
>>
>>10498860
What does this even mean lol
>>
>>10498860
I'll bite.
Some are, some are not. They aren't bound by eastern rules.
>>
>>10498860

As net idols mainly just do this for fun or as a hobby I doubt many are desu, I know of a few western idols who are dating but as the anon above said they're not bound by Eastern rules
>>
Sorry for double post, no clue what I meant to type where autocorrect put desu. Pretty cringe.
>>
>>10499198
This board automatic puts desu where you type t b h
>>
>>10498860
why would they be
>>
desu ?
>>
>>10499640
Same anon but honestly that’s pretty funny, just wanted to try it
>>
>>10499640
Cringe
>>
Haven't seen any of these posted yet.

Holly Heart - Fruits Basket OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNI-Yxcd-Dc

Poppy Jasper - Psycho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIltqMssHQ

Phoebe - Pumpkin Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQYBV2wTpQ

Ice Qream - Mahou Tsukai Sally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUR5eqhmsB8

Bunny Kaisui - Kyun! Vampire Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0t5K0kqfYY

melancholiaah! - You Only Live Once
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W78gimlYOb0
>>
I love how marmalade.chu was being critical about UOs last month but can't be sustainable when it comes to her life and business.
>>
>>10500606
Context?
>>
>>10500433
Bunny's dancing is great as always and I enjoyed Melancholiaah's YOLO a lot, though I'm pretty sure that was already posted.

I've never heard the song but I'm unsurprised Phoebe covered another Megumi Nakajima song. It sounds great though and the video was cute!
>>
>>10500606
how is her business not sustainable? all we know is that she bought lace from taobao and has hiked the prices
>>
Another list of new releases, maybe to spark some actual conversation this time.

Bubble Girls Idol Experience - Monster Girls!
https://youtu.be/s19oYbJNOqE

Zeta Flare - 硝子ドール
https://youtu.be/wdbnbp7YRgw

Church/Koda Ellis - 夜明けと蛍 / Dawn & Fireflies (Piano ver.)
https://youtu.be/eH31eV0iNNw

melancholiaah - puzzle box (preview)
https://youtu.be/soGAqG6Sd_Y

Tambourine - しゅきしゅきしゅきぴがとまらないっ…!
https://youtu.be/lM1aM4tX81w

Masayume BERRY - Jump Up, Super Star!
https://youtu.be/ZdfqBjt6s_o

News with this update:

-Koda (previously used stage name Sainty) came out as a trans male and has officially rebranded all of his social, including under Mystiq Wish. Please support him going forward with the correct pronouns.
-melancholiaah announces a new song, scheduled for release at the end of the year on 12.30.
-Tambourine officially returns to idol activities with a vocal cover after announcing a hiatus last year, continues to tease new member on social media.

What's everyones thoughts?
>>
>>10503604
My thoughts are that tambourine need to go away and the “better” half find someone more stable to be in a duo with....
>>
>>10503970
As much as I agree with this I don't think that's going to happen so I'm just going to ignore their existence.
>>
>>10503970
Is it bad that I don’t even know which is better? Kazu is awful, but then Poppy’s over here giving barely legal girls advice on how to do sexy poses and boudoir shit, so...ew
>>
>>10504060
You guys will hate on anything.. “barely legal”? they are of age and legal they can do whatever they want. she makes sure it is known that her material and advice is not for minors.
>>
るか - Chaos and Creation
https://youtu.be/3_X97ioDBRI
>>
>>10496871
Everything about this is unfortunate :(
>>
>>10504200
atleast the dancing is good lol, unrelated to them but the videographer did great
>>
>>10504093
It’s still disgusting when literally the day after they turn 18 she’s encouraging them to sell lewds?? lmao
>>
>>10504238
its odd n weird sure but its legal and their choice at the end of the day
>>
>>10504238
I’ve never seen that I guess I missed it?
>>
>>10504238
I'm not a fan of her, but to be neutral, I don't think she's really saying THAT. I think that she is providing advice for those who are curious. It's not that once you turn 18 you should/must sell lewds, but if after you turn 18 and you WANT to sell lewds, here's how. that's my interpretation, unless I'm missing something. That being said, I find her lewds and modeling to be really awkward. Poppy seems to latch on to labels to identify her personality.
>>
>>10504040
That's what we should all do. If you don't like something, don't give it views, don't bash it. just ignore it. leave it alone and leave it be lol.
>>
>>10503604
listening to the tambourine cover. it sounds... not like them at all? either they improved their ability to be more high pitch or the mixer tuned them to the high heavens
>>
Haven't seen anyone post this in here but Ayumi came out with a new cover trying CPop for the first time and I really appreciate her singing in so many different languages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QAS41TlMJo
>>
>>10504688
>https://youtu.be/lM1aM4tX81w

That's not exactly how tuning works from my own experience, so they must've been practicing or something
>>
Where do western idols perform? Do they actually get a real producer and contract?
>>
>>10509307
>Where do western idols perform?
Cons or online, although cons are totally out of the picture until 2021 or later
>Do they actually get a real producer and contract?
No, this is a small hobby-based community and nobody is popular or talented enough to score a contract or real producer.
>>
>10509474
>popular or talented enough to score a contract or real producer
Popularity doesn’t really matter when it comes to contracts. Talent eh it depends. The biggest issue is that the alignment isn’t marketable at all. If any of these people attempted to apply to a Western or Japanese agency they’d be shut down (the concept doesn’t fair well in the west and Japan has a specific look even for older artists; not necessarily cute and young but still no one fits).

In other news, I’m surprised nobody posted this. Katana who used to run KRP/Crystal Rose released a single under a new name and do 4 music videos for the songs. This video won’t be up for long. I think she’s going to reupload with just the one song later.
https://youtu.be/G6XqnnU09cc
>>
>>10509840
The vocals and song overall sound really nice but I'm not impressed with the video.
She is cute though.

It seems like there's been some idol news lately but the thread isn't as active.
>>
>>10509840
The vocal mixing is awful, but otherwise not bad! Not a fan of the gyaru aesthetic, but she pulls it off well if that’s what you’re into.
>>
Looks like Mimi's new group, Resoluscia, is releasing their debut single soon. I wonder if there'll be as much drama in this group as there was Stellure?
>>
>>10510277
I doubt there’ll be much drama, honestly. It’s a smaller group, and the other two members seem mature. I bet Mimi has grown a lot, as well. I’ve got high hopes for them.
>>
>>10510331
I agree, I think a trio is better than a larger line up. It seems less stressful
>>
>>10510277
Maybe Mimi is more mature now? The other two seem like nice girls, so maybe the three of them are working better together than Stellure did.

>>10510511
This. I think they're fine with three members desu, maybe one more. Either way, I'm excited to see their debut.
>>
>>10503604
>https://youtu.be/eH31eV0iNNw
congrats to koda for coming out, you can really tell he's more comfortable in his lower range because he sounds a bit more strained and tends to go off key when he's going higher. i can't tell if it's because he's attempting to belt some of these notes or it's just outside of his upper range though-- maybe both

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soGAqG6Sd_Y
not a big fan of the title track but i like the other three! the pre-order bonuses are cute though

i didnt see anyone upload this since its from today but melancholiaah recently promoted the return of PAiDA, who looks like she's gonna be doing a bunch of new stuff along with opening a patreon

for reference this is the last video she uploaded -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP06pWANBgM

also, TAMBOURINE just released their first original song, Lion & Bull! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks__6uccFnQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>10509945
I'm going to assume we'll be hearing a lot less idol news while live performances are out of the question. Once things pick back up for performances, we'll see a lot more idol stuff since that's their bread n butter
>>
DanzooDash's final live was today, streamed live on Youtube. Did anyone tune in? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvWjHEq2v24

Platinum Happy also released a new song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9C0pionDA

And some recent dance covers:

Love Live Sunrise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZxOCTidS4

Ice Qream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds-Ou74MxY8

PastelGirls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMpPFV0_VXE

I'm actually really excited to see Reso's debut. Endless Sky had some nice production value and showed Mimi's growth from Stellure, and the other two members of Resoluscia are both experienced and talented, so I have high hopes for this video.
>>
Mimi posted on her story about looking for people who know how to do live2d and rigging. Is she going to try and become a vtuber?
>>
>>10513053
My guess is she might incorporate it into reso somehow. That would be cool!
>>
>>10513053
Everyone is, apparently.
>>
>>10513153
I agree, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Vtubers are a lot of fun to watch (and often easier on the eyes than real people lol). If they're having fun with it, then it seems all good.
>>
>>10513650
I guess that’s an opinion - I find vtubers creepy lol
>>
>>10513709

That's also valid, lol. I also find that it doesn't really work well with the "idol" concept, because you can't really dance as a vtuber. I like them as entertainers and streamers, not idols.
>>
>>10513891
That’s an interesting take as VTubers - western and Japanese - are often marketed the same as idols with debuts, musical releases, and even the general culture. Yagoo himself says Hololive is meant to be aligned with idols.
>>
Seeing as Stellure's been disbanded for a year and a half, I'm going to post this unreleased Overdriver mix from their patreon. It's partially due to the auto tune, but their voices sound so good here!
https://youtu.be/iYc8KRJSOr0
>>
>>10513650
i disagree vtubers are pretty cringe and mostly for delusional simps who are scared of 3d women.
>>
>>10514163
Fair, but there are a lot of different types of vtubers, especially outside of what Hololive offers (ie, cutesy anime girls that are trying to be idols.) Nijisanji is basically a group of normal streamers that happen to have 2D avatars, a large portion of them being male and/or having strange looking characters. That said, I honestly don't think most new people trying to hop on the vtuber train after Hololive EN will be successful because so many people are distracted by seeing how many superchats they get and forget that they either need to 1) be backed by a super famous company or 2) be actually charismatic, funny, or talented for hours on end to be successful.
>>
>>10512986
I watched Danzoo Dash's final live. It's very bittersweet since they were one of the better overseas groups out there.

Mystiq Wish recently announced that they're slowing down activities, Julily announced that she was graduating (again), and I am also excited for Resolusia's debut.

Lots of changes happening in the idol community.
>>
>>10514306
It literally feels like Julily's "graduating" once every couple months. Why does she keep saying she's graduating and then crawling back to the community? Am I missing something?
>>
>>10514314
Because (as she herself has said) she's mentally ill and (imo) is seeking validation from the community, and then "graduates" when she stops getting it. She just keeps flip flopping to keep eyes on her because no one pays attention to her otherwise. Constantly wishing that she'll actually abandon this community and better herself. She faces too much controversy and it can't be good for her health, but it's also just annoying to see her acting like nothings wrong when she clearly needs help.
>>
>>10514429

Yeah, it's honestly worrisome to see. She seems to really love music, dancing, and performing, and she's definitely talented, but she can't shake her view of the idol world as something full of fake/evil people and backstabbers, because her mental illness prevents herself from seeing it any other way. She even understands that it's her own problems clouding her view of the idol community but she doesn't really have a way to make those thoughts go away, It's probably best if she withdraws until she can work through those issues and get serious help.
>>
>>10514497
>>10514429
With the amount of stuff she’s been through in the net idol world (both in groups and self inflicted) I definitely don’t blame her for having trust issues and issues in general.

She really should get help for it. I really liked her because she seemed to have a fire that I could be drawn to, so I hope she’s able to find what the root issue is and fix it.
>>
>>10514497
It’s really sad to see her spiraling like this. I wish I could reach out to her, but you can tell that she would think it was a ploy for clout or just being fake nice to her to stab her in the back later. It’s hard for anyone to approach her when she’s so determined to think the worst of everyone in the community, which can’t be helping the issue - if people are too afraid to try to foster a relationship with her, it’s only going to further cement her views.
>>
>>10514852
THIS. It's been been extremely difficult as a member of the community to continue to support her endeavors, simply because it feels like a contribution to her declining health. The kpop community always talks about refusing to support groups because their labels mismanage them, and it feels like a similar situation. I don't want to send a message that what she's doing is acceptable or healthy, when she clearly is using this as a coping mechanism instead of getting help. It's hard though, because you want to help her, but she doesn't seem to be accepting of it. At the same time, everyone ignoring her won't make her realize anything, it might just make it worse and have her think people hate her.
>>
>>10514878
Until she can see that not everyone is a dick and trust people, we can't help her. This true hiatus is the best move imo so she can get real help.

Sad reality but..... You can't really help someone who won't take it.
I truly wish she knew people want to support her and be her friend....
>>
Danzoo has uploaded their final group cover, as well as the member covers.

「なんと!世界公認 引きこもり!」
https://youtu.be/h-J2ciqUidk

【 ゆめみ】 「Yoake Brand New Days」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ads5Z8MU23Y

【てるみ】 「惑星ループ」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIsyRLgZw0

【 もか】 「トワイライトエトランゼ」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWejU9LICrs

【 ちよ姫】 「私、アイドル宣言」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_D7dw4dhy0

【なお】 「S(mile)ING!」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEK9XBryuw

And, Aoki debuted his original song on the stream, which is now live on his channel. He also later announced on his twitter that he has determined himself to be a transman, and that while he accepts all pronouns still, he appreciates he/him the most.

aoki - Psychopath
https://youtu.be/SZyxwoXq9Tk
>>
>>10500606
She is so fake. Look at all those bought fake Instagram followers. Of course no one would buy from her.
>>
>>10514943
It's true. She mentioned that she actually can't find the focus to even do any dancing or singing practice, which we know is the core of being an idol, so if she can't even find some kind of joy with just doing that, hiatus is best. rest. think about life. come back if you get that spark again. if not, leave it all behind and find another focus in life.
>>
>>10514952
I hope the rest of Danzoo Dash stays active. They're all great performers. Glad to see Aoki is working on solo content.
>>
It was really good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D10JqFMBi9w
>>
>> 10515703

The production value on this is incredible, amazing cinematography, fantastic vocals, choreography and costume design. Music is incredible (as expected of Creep-P)

I'm terrified to think of the budget that went into this but it clearly paid off. I don't think we can expect this to become the standard in the community as this clearly took a lot of money (as well as a lot of time and effort) but I do hope this inspires people to continue to push themselves further with original concepts etc

They did an absolutely incredible job and I look forward to seeing where this group goes
>>
>>10514429
This was never really about validation, to begin with though, I'm not too overly concerned about that. Just trying to find reliable people. I keep flip-flopping because every instance that I slowly do try to connect with others in the community, there is another issue that comes out of nowhere unexpectedly that is out of my control which then again just proves my suspicions to begin with. No matter how much I logically sort it out, no one should ever have to feel this immense amount of distrust from anyone.

>>10514878
If you'd like to DM me you know I'm always open to it. I do want help and never have I said that this was a coping mechanism. Most I have been doing is getting checked up by medical professionals, cutting off unhealthy influences in my life, and shortening my circle of friends to those who I can really trust. I'm aware that not everyone is bad and I've always been willing to take feedback, it just gets very tiring to defend my character when it seems to be constantly misconstrued or misunderstood. Don't believe me? Re-read all my previous posts/videos. Take quotes from that and make rebuttals from words I actually spoke out. If there's no evidence & just straw-manning, your claims don't hold much water. The only aspect of me that is painted is some mentally ill performer and that's what's going to be amounted up to as far as my persona goes, nothing beyond that & nothing beyond performers who are in a similar boat.

Again, a lot of this feedback could have been commented on my posts or DM'd or what have you. It's not really fair to be painted in light when you only have a certain POV of what's truly going on. To anyone else reading, allow my story to be an example that true people will care beyond what these boards will tell you because if you did you would not be anonymous spouting half-truths. Come forward if you want to support me, if not, I don't care either way. I was never in this for clout. Popularity will never replace genuine love.
>>
>>10510277
As per most of Mimi's songs, it sounds like shit. Not because of their voices, or even the backing track, but the way it's written. None of their songs ever sound like songs, It's hard to explain, but it's not good. The mv is fucking gorgeous though, the costumes are great, and their voices work well together. I just wish it would sounded good too.
>>
>>10515755
It’s the meter, everything is very stilted and kind of plopped down. I’d love to see how much she’d improve with a poetry class or two, because Goddess is stunning despite the awkward melody and basic rhyme scheme! Visuals on point, hopefully the lyrics will follow suit.
>>
>>10510277
The video felt way too much like a cosplay music video than an idol one? It was pretty but it didn't feel very idol-like to me. I also wasn't a fan of the song so to me it was pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>10515802
Some of the songs have such potential, but they're always squandered. They all sound like a shitty english cover of what the original lyrics were supposed to be
>>
>>10515755
I agree. The instrumental is very very nice and had a lot of potential, but the development of the main melody and the pacing of the words made it seem like a bad translation of a song in a different language. I do love the way the girls obviously took care of themselves prior to the video. They have clear skin, nice makeup, decent wigs that are styled well, and flattering costumes. The production quality of the video itself is also really nice. I just wish the lyrics and melody were better.
>>
>>10516050
I agree with you. The song... something feels missing, but the video the costumes and their looks are on point.

This was DEFINITELY a step up from meotashi's previous project, song quality wise. So, with that, I feel good about supporting this and seeing where the group goes next.
>>
>>10515717
You really need to seek out a therapist and stop looking on this damn site. It’s contributing to your very obvious decline.

Also it’s painfully clear you’re seeking attention, whether you wanna deny it or not. Why? Don’t know. But seriously, seek help and stop coming to this site so you can get better for real.
We’re strangers and anonymous. What we say shouldn’t even matter.
>>
>>10516081
saying that someone's anonymous opinion doesn't matter isn't gonna help anything. people naturally care about what others will say. regardless if it's to your face or anon, it's a thought that someone else has, and people will care about those thoughts naturally.

Julily, what you need to work on is letting go of trying to have control over what other people think and say about you. by responding to people's comments on here, it seems like you're trying to get a grasp on people's opinions to convince them otherwise as a way to have control over the situation. I'm not saying that you're "controlling" which sounds negative, I'm saying that it seems like you're trying to gain control over something that can't be controlled, which therefore is a waste of time. You have to let go of people's opinions of you. You're the only person in the community that responds here not anon. While that may seem like a commendable thing, it also looks like you care way too much about what people think, which is seen as a non-commendable thing.

tldr; let go of trying to be in control of what people think about you. humans will think whatever about other humans, the good and bad, regardless of whatever the real truth is.
>>
>>10516100
same anon, I just want to explain a little more since I'm re-reading my comment and I think it sounds confusing.

I think people naturally care about what others think, that's a natural human response to care. But, the level of caring should only go up to a certain extent before it becomes too consuming and detrimental to one's health.
>>
>>10515755
I think "sounds like shit" is too harsh, although your criticism is valid. The meter of the lyrics was probably the weakest point of the song, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it shitty. It was still pretty easy on the ears! I agree with >>10515802 that a poetry class would go a long way towards remedying that issue, and I hope to see more improvement in their next songs.
>>
As well as Resolucia's debut we recently got more original music

Calina - Christmas Pajamas
https://youtu.be/RsyLFdjkVyg

Nice to hear an original Christmas song, this is fun and upbeat, perfect for this time of year - Calina's vocals are great as always

QUiLL - Cadenza teaser
https://youtu.be/V0P9gBjwjE8

I still like illuminate and I'm looking forward to hearing the vocals in the title track, Quill is someone I'm very interested in watching
>>
>>10516417
It really feels unlistenable, but taste is subjective
>>
>>10516522
my issue with it is the overwhelming visuals. its SO heavy on the scenes and scene changes that my gaze is completely overwhelmed by trying to absorb everything and take it all in. i think the music overwhelmed the lyrics and i couldn't focus on the words being sung, and it made it all sound very clunky and hard to understand. ultimately, the costumes and visuals were just too heavy handed, even for a PV style video. too much artistic influence and not enough time to let the actual song shine on its own.
>>
>>10516526
I strongly disagree. I really loved the MV, especially the themes. It was a little cheesy, but perfect imho. They never properly annunciate their words, and theyre always so jumbled together-- even when I was trying hard to listen I had no idea what they were saying.
>>
>>10516567
I think the mixing could have been better to understand the lyrics more
overall i loved it, it’s catchy and stuck in my head
I like the change of scenes in the mv too
>>
>>10516100
If you really need to seek validation from an ANONYMOUS person on an image board, you need to seriously log off and seek professional help.
I said what I said.

No one on this board actually cares about her because if you did, you’d message her on her social media and say something. But you don’t. Which is why she’s having these fucking issues in the first damn place.
And before any of you start with that “but but anxiety and I don’t like conflict” fuck off with that cop out. She’s clearly said now and in the past on this board that she’s open to the talking and potential conflict if it means growth. Stop posting on here and go talk to her if you give a fuck.

(I’m not her friend so I don’t care, but I know her “friends” are looking and posting here. I’m talking to you lot)
>>
>>10516846
A good sentiment, but it just doesn't work on some people. People HAVE talked to her in person and in open discussions in the OIC servers, and it's never made a blink of difference. Have you seen the instagram stories and videos she makes whenever she feels wronged? No one wants to be on the receiving end of those. It doesn't matter whether the feedback is coming from here or in person, she isn't receptive to it. Her illness doesn't allow her to listen, so she sees it all as fake and backstabbing. It really is sad to see, but I'm of the belief that talking to her directly, without the veil of anonymity, is no longer effective.
>>
Nao from DZD joined Tambourine. yikes.
>>
>>10516854
I can agree with you on that end.
I’m just sick of people acting like her coming here for any reason at all isn’t a detriment to her own sanity.
>>
>>10516869
Shame. Why would she want to associated herself with Kazu?
>>
>>10516869
Oof
>>
>>10516417
I literally could only watch it muted, it’s unlistenable for me.
>>
pengy is by far my favorite resoluscia member. i dunno, i have high hopes for this group. it seems like mimi has matured a lot since stellure (and even back then, i was rooting for them to continue improving). i agree with other anons that enunciation and perhaps a poetry class or two could really help them — i hope they take this into consideration.
>>
>>10516869
Jeez, why would anyone deduct self respect points like this.....
it’s really effing sad. Oh well, hopefully she straightens them out
>>
Did anyone notice all the loose threads in the goddess costumes or am I insane?
>>
>>10517137
oh, no, i noticed them to. It would have been so easy to cut them, WHY DIDN'T THEY CUT THEM?
>>
>>10516869
What happened with Tambourine?
>>
>>10516869
Unpopular opinion apparently, but Nao is incredibly nice and Poppy is very sweet too, so I see this as a nice improvement for tambourine instead of thinking of it as Kazu bringing them down.
>>
>>10516422
>https://youtu.be/V0P9gBjwjE8
maybe i'm just a 2hu nerd but cadenza exudes ZUN vibes. i'm not really into ILLUMiNATE but cadenza rules
>>10516966
hard agree on this anon, pengy is definitely my fave of the three. the lyrics for songs tend to be so lackluster because they're not writing them like they're writing an english song, they're writing them like they're doing literal TL for a japanese song. i hope they realize that it just makes their lyrics sound super clunky and take a page out of high quality english cover artists' books and focus on better flow and enunciation
>>10517137
YES and it's such a shame too the craftsmanship on these are so much better than stuff we've seen from stellure
>>
>>10517329
It's an interesting combination for sure. I'm still not really into their style as a group, but having a third member will at least make things somewhat more interesting to follow. Odd numbers also just looks better visually in performances as well.
>>
Am I the only one who finds Poppy really irritating? It might be her true personality but I feel like she tries to hard, especially in the Member X introduction video.
>>
>>10517507
No. A lot of people online thinks she’s really sweet and charming, but meeting her in person will tell you she’s got a very.... well... different disposition to her, and is very awkward
>>
>>10517507
I think she's a person that suffers from not knowing what her real identity is. so, she tries way to hard to fit in, tries way too hard to be funny, tries way to hard to make sure others like her. Usually people with high anxiety can be like this and I think she mentioned something about that before. I can't remember, it could be anxiety or something else. And high anxiety can lead to people just being awkward in person.

For example, before, she used to be heavily into the "idol" label for herself, now she's heavily into the "sex worker" label for herself. I don't know what she called herself before "idol." It seems like she's the type to hold onto a label in order to help figure out who or what she is. It's not really a bad thing, just my observation.

Personality aside, I don't like the way she dances because it's too stiff and her eye for visuals and and anything design related is heavily lacking, so I don't really follow her much from a fan perspective.
>>
>>10517507
Theres a lot of white people in this community, but no one acts whiter than Poppy and Kazu in personality and general visual taste. Nao (or Switt as she goes by now) looks like an otaku who stumbled into a sorority who are posing as an idol group. She just looks like she does not belong there lol
>>
>>10517507
Everyone hating on Tambourine makes me sad.
Their idol brand is a little different from the typical but they put care into what they do. Their covers are good and poppy and kazu looked good performing as a duo.
I also think Poppy is sweet in person.
>>
The bigger issue is that Kaz has hurt A LOT of people in this community. An adult would take accountability and apologize, try to improve their behavior. Poppy makes excuses for every toxic thing Kaz does to the point of victim blaming. They are toxic for each other and stifle their own growth. I don't know Nao well enough to guess how this might influence them, but I do hope it is in a positive way and ultimately Kaz will grow up and lose the ego. Poppy will find herself and who she is with or without Kaz.
>>
>>10495895
It doesn’t help that a bunch of people seem to want to be vtuber idols now too
>>
>>10517975
That and also I think that if people are breaking up now due to the pandemic, it was bound to happen. People that are passionate will find a way to continue no matter what.
>>
>>10517841
This. If they had different attitudes, they would be met with less dislike. In fact, when they first came out, people were really supportive of them. As people started to get to know them... that was when people changed their minds.

Now, they could change, which would be great, but we haven't had much of a chance to see that yet, so people are still holding onto their feelings from past negative members.

Nao being a part of them could mean a number of things, one of which being that she could be just like them in some way, negatively, lol.
>>
>>10517986
*memories, not members.
>>
So Angelic Convention Online has really updated much and there schedule seems...boring? Like there isnt a lot going on considering they made themselves out to be a big event.
>>
>>10517760
Well maybe if Kazu wasn’t such a megabitch and Poppy would want and do better for herself, no one would be hating on them..... but here we are.
>>
>>10518175
Posting again because I missed commenting on this, but the fiasco from this summer (I refuse to go into details to avoid a ban but go to the farms for more) absolutely killed them and any chance for possible business, talent and artists.
Oh well.
>>
>>10518175
Ngl I forgot they existed until now.
>>
Former SYA members Emily and Jessica have announced they’re both members of a new 5 members group called Non Sweet. They’re gonna be debuting on the 17th. Quite interested to see how they’ll do.
>>
>>10518286
Stella is also basically confirmed as a member, plus two new (?) girls. They’re all following each other and the Non Sweet page and have their usernames following the same pattern.
>>
>>10518286
Hmmm this should be interesting to see....
>>
>>10518286
I'm so excited for this.
>>
>>10510277
Why is the artwork and video so good and yet the singing is so meh!?!
>>
>>10518286
>>10518403
https://youtu.be/4x69_TIRAOs
I’m not going to lie, I feel like something happened between the girls and Ally & Sally. SHUN, the one who created Seishun Gakuen, did the music for Non Sweet. Yet Ally & Sally are still nowhere to be seen. The song also isn’t bad and I would add it to my playlist. I also didn’t realize but Ally & Sally released a statement in November about them leaving Seishun Gakuen. Naturally, with the people who made and run the group leaving, SYA can’t continue.
>>
>>10518892
because singing is the hard part. they surrounded themselves with talented people despite having none themselves.
>>
>>10519138
I was so surprised to see SHUN helped make the song. I want to know what happened between the girls SO BAD.
>>
>>10519138

This is really lovely to listen to! I think good things will come from this group. I was also surprised to see SHUN's name on it. I'm wondering if they'll continue to work together, or if this was meant to be a SYA original song that they retained the rights to?
>>
>>10519177
Everything music wise was decided by the agency I believe, so I think either SHUN gave it to them or they simply paid him to make it.
>>
resoluscia fans are all saying goddess had a "powerful message" but... what was the message? am i just dense? because i had NO clue what the song was supposed to mean. it seemed like they just threw together a bunch of lyrics they thought sounded cool.
>>
>>10519271
I don't think the message was that deep, but there was definitely a logical thread in the lyrics. Contrasting the concept of a perfect goddess versus the flawed reality of a human being, and accepting that those flaws that make us human can be extraordinary. Rather than striving to be the perfect goddess, you can stop punishing yourself for being a flawed human and embrace the richness that brings. I think that's what the "goddess equivalent" line means - something not as perfect as a goddess, but vibrant with life. Again I don't think it's a super unique message, but I'm also of the belief that something doesn't have to be unique to be good. It was done well enough imo.
>>
>>10519271
The thing I have trouble with the Goddess lyrics is there no good glow to them if that makes sense? They're not the worst lyrics but they could be improved on.
>>
>>10519152
So do I.... I feel like the twins and the others had a clash....

I wonder what the twins are up to or if they’re doing music at all.
>>
>>10519481
They said in their post about them leaving SYA and Seishun Gakuen that they were planning on continuing music, but I don't know in what form they're planning to do that.
>>
>>10519481
That’s looking more and more likely, but it could also be something like them wanting more creative freedom and control, or maybe they just decided they’d been in SHUN groups for long enough that it was time they set out on their own. We still don’t have enough information to know for sure, but it does seem a bit off.
>>
>>10519534
I hope they come back strong. They’re so cute and have a lot of talent.

>>10519549
Whatever it is, I hope that everyone is happy and doing what makes them happy..... but damn I wanna know what happened lmao
>>
>>10519138
God I miss Yayoi
>>
Does anyone have advice in finding composers/producers? I have no idea how much is reasonable to pay for these things because some people charge like, 20, and some people charge thousands. I think that's maybe for orchestras, though? I am lost.
>>
>>10519617
Expect around $70-100 as the minimum for decent quality (usually you’ll see these prices from foreign composers from countries where USD is worth more) for relatively cheap, $300-500 for good music at a fair price for the work going into it. If you see something for $20, they’re either massively undercharging (in which case you should tip enough to make it closer to a fair wage) or ripping you off somehow.
>>
>>10519662
I saw some people on fiverr, reddit, and youtube since I had no idea where to look. Where do you find these people? Other then I guess just asking people who have composed for net-idols before.
>>
So Idol Virtual Stage has wrapped up for the last time, and NIIA idol fest happened this afternoon.
Anyone you like or didn’t like? How do you feel about IVS ending?

Tomorrow is TIF’s I think first (and technically only since this is the end) showcase of the year. You excited? Who are you ready to see and hear?

Topic time:
How did you like the 2020 idol year?
Who were you surprised by? Who improved in your eyes? Who devolved? Was there any songs in particular you found memorable?
Let’s revive the thread!
>>
>>10520083
>How do you feel about IVS ending?

It sucks a bit, since IVVS was pretty unique compared to most other virtual idol events with their virtual wotagei system. But iirc they plan to release the assets for their virtual wotagei so others can use it, so I hope we see more of that. It definitely adds an extra layer of interactivity that so many virtual events lack.
>>
>>10520215
I agree, I really like how interactive it was. Also keeps your attention on the show since you have the chance to literally cheer for your faves
>>
>>10520083

Was the second day of NIIA any better than the first? There were so many technical issues which made Saturday practically unwatchable.
>>
>>10520083

Haven't seen IVS or NIIA, but I did manage to tune in for TIF. Overall, I liked the performances despite the technical difficulties that popped up.
>>
>>10516854
I wrote a response to this but it didn't seem to go through and now I gotta rewrite it >:(

I agree with this. For what it's worth I think Julily is a nice person but her issues get in the way of her getting along with people and being happy.

She says she accepts criticism to her face but when you do she gets really defensive and reiterates her point of view as if you just don't understand her. Or she thinks you need to go do some soul searching. It's condescending and nobody likes being talked down to or having assumptions made about them. It's easier to talk about her here than to have to defend yourself from her anger privately or publicly. I think the only way she'll accept criticism is if it's something she already thinks about herself or if you word it really nicely.

I wish the best for her but for her own health I really think she ought to see a therapist or something. The things she says about herself are very alarming and are clearly more than just anxiety and depression. Nobody can deal with that by themselves and friends with limited experiences can only help so much. That's what medical professionals are trained for. Dealing on your own is a recipe for a very painful, lonely life and probably an early death. She already seems to be suffering the first part. I don't want to see her light go out prematurely.
>>
>>10520083
Lots of idols groups disbanded and some idols moved on to do different things.
>>
>>10520411
From what I saw they were just a slight bit better. Ngl I felt bad for the first day people. I hope they all post their videos on youtube.

>>10520434
TIF always puts on a good show. I think this one was the first livestream they've done so it wasn't terrible considering, I was quite impressed.

>>10520502
Great observation..... How do you feel about that?
>>
>>10520472
She just cuts people out of her life who try to give her actual advice to stop being toxic to herself and others so I've stopped caring.
>>
I don’t follow many people so I apologize if I missed videos, but here’s some recent content!

Auracle - Bokura
No Seifuku Christmas
https://youtu.be/LisnZqYKGGo

May from Mystiq Wish - Stardust Orchestra
https://youtu.be/C1k9_lZOfko

Greedy Calina - Christmas Pajamas
https://youtu.be/RsyLFdjkVyg

Peachy Parade - Holy Night
https://youtu.be/0gV3SgJjVRY

Cherry - Jin Jin Jinglebell
https://youtu.be/aimFQihnzac

TIF Staff - Snow Halation
https://youtu.be/oDFAjdOI5oo

Bunny Kaisui - What If
https://youtu.be/rM1aDPUkJP0
>>
>>10521206
This might sound low-key mean, but I didn't realize that May's voice sounded that decent? Like I think about a lot of overseas idols, I just assumed that she was a pretty mediocre singer, but her tone is actually pretty pleasant to listen to and she seems to actually have the sense to choose songs that are within her vocal range instead of trying to sing something super high just to try and show off.
>>
>>10519617
Average for song production from a professional composer is $1000-2000 desu. Sometimes you'll find some amateur composers for less than that but anything lower than $100 is likely not worth it.

Twitter is a treasure trove of composers.
>>
>>10521547
really, twitter? what kinds of things do you search for? twitter's search functionality is kinda shit sometimes
>>
>>10521645
It's kind of difficult but from my experience once you find one, it's a lot easier to find others, either through their retweets or people they follow
>>
merry christmas yall

https://youtu.be/4x69_TIRAOs
>>
>>10522833
This song is actually so much better than I expected it to be. The chorus especially is really nice. It's actually the very first overseas idol original song that I find myself wanting to listen to and watch over and over again. This is the kind of production quality, in terms of lyrics especially, that I wanted to see from Resoluscia, but I think that if Mimi's able to open her mind to studying others' writing to improve her own, she'll be able to produce lyrics this good someday.
>>
>>10522960
>Resoluscia
Comparing MV to MV, I feel like Resoluscia has much better production quality overall. I think the lyrics both leaves some room for improvement, but I might be a bit harsh here.
As a Christmas song, it's really mediocre and gets lost in other Christmas songs. It's good if you limit it within the scope of NA pop girl group... But I feel uncomfortable with such a low bar.
Perhaps my mind will change after giving it a few more listens, but at this moment I really like Goddess better.
>>
>>10522965
While the lyrics are okay, I agree they could definitely improve. I feel like songs should flow in a way that you can sort of predict what is going to happen, unless it's like, bohemian rhapsody or something. the words and rhyme schemes there are all over the place and don't really flow.
>>
>>10523257
I think I get what you mean. It's like the idea of "learn the rules before you break them". Some groups try to come up with melodies and lyrical concepts that are too unique and complicated, and it ends up sounding kind of cluttered. When you're still improving, it's probably a safer bet to go with simple melodies and words, until you get the hang of that, before jumping to complicated stuff.
>>
>>10523257
I think the lyrics are not comparable to Goddess. Goddess sounds like it was written by AI
>>
>>10495579
I have no idea who those girls are but that is an ugly ass looking idol group.
We got wine mom on the left having a mid life crisis, meth teeth in middle and fat mexican girl on right
>>
>>10523332
Damn who pissed in your cornflakes this morning
>>
>>10522833
If we're comparing this to Goddess, despite this being bland, it's actually listenable. The music video is cute, and it's catchy. Nothing I haven't heard before, but the lyrics dont sound like a japanese song put through google translate.
>>
>>10523332
You're not normal, and it shows
>>
>>10523332
You sound jealous and/or insecure anon.
>>
>>10523332
I was thinking the same. Nothing special to look at.
>>
>>10523332
Christ dude, can we stick to making fun of shit singing and dancing and not people's appearances? I'm sorry your parents hate you.
>>
>>10522833
I really love this song. It’s easy on the ears, the story in the lyrics is cute, and the lyrics flow well together.
>>
Idk why anons here support racist and homophobic bigots who gaslight others
>>
>>10523772
And who would that be?
>>
>>10523786
Stating names would result in a ban
>>
>>10523802
Do it anyway pussy. You mentioned it, now spit it out and eat your ban.
>>
>>10523941
Exactly. >>10523772, you've said something. Finish digging your grave and speak up or take it to the farms and be a drama whore there.
>>
>>10523802
>>10523941
Or...take it to lolcow where that shit is encouraged, because you two clearly don't remember the times where this thread was repeatedly getting nuked because of people coming here and derailing and namedropping.
>>
>>10523953
Maybe they should’ve kept their mouths shut then?
>>
>>10524050
Oh no, how dare people have opinions.
>>
>>10524088
It’s fine to have an opinion. We’re saying don’t have it here and start drama. You’ll get the thread nuked and no one will like the person who does it.
>>
>>10524088
Calling out racists who pretend to be woke isn’t an opinion
>>
>>10524116
No one's calling out anyone though? Someone came in here vaguebooking and everyone else is telling them to elaborate or leave. The post that started this contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion except weird unnecessary drama.
>>
What does everyone think about idols that start OnlyFans?
>>
>>10524201
It doesn't seem that different from J-idols that do gravure, honestly. It's just a little tweaked for a Western audience I guess? Personally I don't like seeing it though, but I won't judge idols that run one.
>>
>>10524201
Like that other anon to me it’s like gravure, so I like the ones that put out gravure-esque content. However I’m personally not a fan of the ones who do.... more than that. To each their own of course, but I’d rather not see their private parts.
>>
>>10524236
It's worth noting that not everyone with an OF posts their privates. A girl I follow only does swimsuits and costumes and is pretty true to gravure
>>
>>10524212
You clearly haven’t watched Perfect Blue
>>
>>10524201
Like others have said, it’s like gravure. I don’t see a problem with it, unless they start posting blatant p*ssy alongside their regular idol content. If I follow someone for cute idol stuff, I don’t really want to see poorly censored vag suddenly appear on my feed.
>>
>>10524201
Which ones are doing it so i can avoid the freaks
>>
>>10524197
>implying it wont get the thread nuked or anons banned
>>
>>10524403
Thread won’t get nuked if it’s not some vendetta shit or baseless accusations. Besides people clearly said put up or shut up and the anon themselves acknowledged they’d get a ban. So they should’ve just stfu.
>>
>>10524433
That's funny because I got a ban over the ACO shit, and that wasn't baseless at all.

Though you're right, I think mods pick and choose who gets banned on a whim.
>>
>>10524527
I didn't know people got a ban over that. I know people who were against ACO had their posts removed
>>
>>10524662
Short bans but there were still bans for the people who provided screenshots of what was happening, that’s why after all the nuked threads it was so dead for a week
>>
>>10524696
I didn’t post shots tho.....

Regardless, anon has seen that it’s better to shut up than make claims like that
>>
>>10524402
Gtfo with that bullshit. If that’s how you feel about girls doing OnlyFans then you’d better not look at any porn.
>>
>>10525175
Pretty sure anon wants the names for the opposite reason, actually...
>>
Australian idol group, A-MUSE, is releasing their first single Hoshi e no ROCKET/Reverie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvibwho8xg

The have physical copies and limited merchandise available for purchase as well:
https://www.amuse-project.com/store
>>
>>10525175
I don’t watch porn kek why would i support porn but not OF?
I was agreeing with>>10524392 because I don’t want to see that gross shit either. I unfollowed one of the aidorus i was following because she started posting softcore porn recently
>>
>>10523952
Not like anyone would take it seriously. You act as if any evidence has been in these threads. Some anon posted screenshots of an idol saying the word faggot and nigger yet it was considered taken out of context
>>
>>10525266
Right? Hell, when real shit was being posted about the gross ex idol, she told the anon to kill herself and called her a faggot. The fact that they have/had any support is disgusting.
>>
>>10525262
I actually really like what I hear from this so far. It sounds decently enough produced and the fact that they have actual merch on sale as well says a lot. I could see an alt Japanese idol group releasing something like this.
>>
>>10525268
Holy shit what did I miss? Am I allowed to ask who, or will that result in a ban...
>>
>>10525175
Darlin why are you mad at them? Continue to do you. OF ain't everyone's cuppa.

>>10525266
Evidence or not, they never should have brought it up HERE. Period. That's what the farms are for.

>>10525318
Go to the farms and ask, ffs
>>
>>10525342
>Darlin why are you mad at them? Continue to do you. OF ain't everyone's cuppa.
Yeah fair enough if it isn’t your thing, but calling the people who make OF content freaks is uncalled for.
>>
>>10525265
it would be better if the ones doing OF actually put out good pictures and look pretty. A lot of what I see looks very lazy.
>>
>>10525269
then I hope you're not turned off by the fact that two of it's members do gravure since that's a thing we're slamming in here now
>>
>>10525404
That’s true... but again why stress? One anon isnt gonna stop the “gravure”.

Three more will show up where this one anon takes off.

>>10525579
I agree with this. The ones I’ve seen scream “this was done with a phone timer on”
>>
>>10525635
Why does it matter I don’t particularly care? I follow Japanese idols gravure is normal and I support it when it’s a choice.
>>
>>10525713
Yes. I like the ones that take the time to actually create a set, create a story with their looks. Not something where it's just sitting in your bed in underwear no make up on. Unless lazy is your fetish.
>>
>>10525635
Link? I want to see. The girls in that group are actually pretty.
>>
Are there any overseas idols who actually put out decent ‘gravure’ content? Or are they all pretty crap?
>>
>>10526056
most if not all of it is crap. It’s poorly done and the quality makes it look like amateur soft core porn rather than tasteful glamour photography.
>>
>>10526140
Is gravure not soft core porn?
>>
>>10526458
Not always no. When I say soft core porn I mean the western kind. Case in point: suki suki boudoir
>>
>>10526458
Depends on who you ask.

I honestly don’t think it is when done correctly. It’s just very tastefully done boudoir or akin to a VS photoshoot....
But western weebs make it look cheap, trashy and weird, and rather than look like angelic beauties, they end up looking like desperate thot pockets.
>>
>>10526500
There are so many Suki Suki boudoir photos that low-key make me want to pluck my eyes out because they're so lazily shot and look like the beginning of a stepsister porno.
>>
>>10526538
If they just shoot better and do a small bit of editing their photos would probably improve a lot. You can tell they don’t edit anything which is problem number two.
>>
>>10526593
>>10526538

holy shit yes to both of these. I can only imagine the people buying the sets are really desperate weird men.

I also think plastering the kanji of "suki suki" on their pictures for branding is just in poor taste. It's in that Japanese font that's practically the equivalent of Arial font. It would be different if they did anime cosplay lewds so it's somehow tied to Japan. Otherwise, come up with something less appropriative and something more creative.
>>
>>10526505
Yeah you're asking people who can barely do good cosplay make up and wig styling to be able to make their actual selves look decent. That's the problem.
>>
>>10526605
Oh I’m not asking that at all. That’s like asking a dog to meow.

I’m just saying it can be done. Weebs just don’t put in the effort for it so that’s why it always looks like shit you’d see on Snapchat.
I personally have no issue with gravure done unless they’re underage, but in that same vein, I’d never support it just because of how cheap it looks, since there’s the anon s who swear we’re slut-shaming (lol)
>>
>>10526538
SukiSuki used to do some shots that were just standard modeling, and those are by far their best-looking photos. They’ve gotten trashier over time. https://www.instagram.com/p/B35JP1vpz8S
https://www.instagram.com/p/B16wj4hnd2H
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwrf8CNHptd

If they did more photo shoots like these, I’d have a lot more respect for them.
>>
>>10526774
Still looks bland to me but I see what you mean.

I honestly feel embarrassed by the idols that allow themselves to shoot with them. Why are you allowing them to make you look so bad? It's like you want to be embarrassed.
>>
>>10526774
In my opinion, the shoots they do now are just literal softcore porn, I don't know how they can be considered gravure anymore. Nothing they do looks remotely like what actual gravure idols produce in Japan.
>>
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
No, I'm never gonna give you up
No, I'm never gonna let you down
No, I'll never run around and hurt you
Never, ever desert you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
>>
>>10526959
wow has anyone told you how absolutely hilarious you are
>>
>>10526959
I’ll give you credit anon, that’s the first time I’ve ever been rickrolled via text.
>>
>>10526959
Kuro sang this during a livestream, never imagined someone would actually post this here....
>>
Can we get a new thread
>>
>>10526852
This. The shots look like seedy amateur porn shots and the lack of filtering or any touch ups makes them look dirty. Dunno who's doing their photos (and editing) but they should dump them. That being said, I don't really care about idols doing gravure overall, those photos are just...sad.
>>
>>10527038
Poppy from Tambourine is the photographer
>>
>>10527042
Photographer and owner of Suki Suki.
>>
>>10527042
Maybe she should take some photography classes
>>
Is Nonsweet being produced by SHUN? If they get their song to 5k by the end of the month, they’ll get another song.
>>
>>10527563
I pretty much assumed so since their first song was SHUN produced
>>
>>10527563
This just further solidified in my mind that this was something with the twins vs shun, and Stella, Jessica and Emily got caught caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>10527722
I like this new image more though. I think it's more marketable in the west than the school girl concept, which westerners associate with pedos.
>>
new thread >>10528163

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.