[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1601863738780.gif (1.18 MB, 322x240)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>acen hotel bookings came and went without me even realizing it

Fantastic.
>>
It's likely to get postponed, so perhaps there will be another chance for you to book after that happens.
And, of course, the doomer faggots will come and tell you "don't worry, it will be cancelled", which is a possibility as well.
>>
>>10484222
Don’t worry it will be cancelled
>>
>>10484222
Thats true.
I've actually never experienced a con being postponed. For anyone here that has, do they re-do hotel bookings or what?
>>
Bump
>>
Even if ACen doesn't get cancelled or postponed there where be a ton of people online virtue signaling and harassing people to not go. Most people will either ignore that or be hypocrites and do their own virtue signaling to protect their Instagram account, but there might be some cancelations opening up rooms.
The day that the rooms opened up and everyone posted about booking multiple friends got DM'd about how awful they were for booking a room for a con during a pandemic. I could see ACen being too big to happen in May, but I still booked a room in case it happens. I got a refund for 2020, I'll get a refund for 2021.
>>
>>10485184
Yes, there will be virtue signaling/cancel culture twats complaining about any convention that plans to be held in the foreseeable future. These autists should be ignored as always.
Their REEEing will stop when there's a convention they decide they want to go to.
>>
Con alt delete is happening this December. Acen won’t be canceled.
>>
>>10485235
No way
>>
>>10485235
[citation needed]
>>
>>10485304
?? What u mean. I’m going even tho CAD sucks I just rly neee a con rn
>>
>>10485235
>Con alt delete is happening this December
No, no it isn't. It hasn't been cancelled YET, but it will be.
The current restriction in Illinois state "The lesser of 50 people or of 50 percent facility capacity." Obviously 50 people would be the lesser, and they obviously aren't going to run the con with 50 attendees. That number isn't going to shoot way up by December.
I'm guessing Acen will be postponed until later in the year, but predicting things that are over half a year away isn't really possible.
>>
>>10485360
Anime zing still happened a month or so ago and that’s also a kompf con. Soooo.
>>
>>10485510
Ahh yes a con in shithole Iowa went on. That’s absolutely equivalent to a Chicago con
>>
>>10485588
Not same anon but you’re clearly not from IL if you think Rosemont is Chicago. And two, CAD is a small AF con that no one goes to anyway. Three, Rosemont has been hosting expos and shit already last and this month lol. Concerts and stuff are also a thing again even in actual Chicago.
>>
>>10486185
yeah I know for a fact the Crowne Plaza has a 3,000 person capacity for their cons/events ATM. Surely the Hyatt is much bigger. CAD doesn\t get more than 4,000 attendees either. Will be even less this year with corona too. Even then, most people ghost this con either way.
>>
>>10486185
>you’re clearly not from IL if you think Rosemont is Chicago

Mhmm yeah you’re right. Rosemont is absolutely not part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Yeah and there definitely isn’t a mall right by acen called the fashion outlets of Chicago. And acen truly does not exist directly next to Chicago O’Hare and we don’t have to listen to an endless stream of planes flying overhead all weekend
>>
File: EPwdO4NXkAEKZ9H.jpg (139 KB, 1200x883)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>10486212
>>
>>10486226
I’m sorry you were born too dumb to understand what a metropolitan area is :(
>>
>>10486212
My point was they are not under Chicago’s corona rules lol. People consider towns an hour away from Chicago “Chicago”. It’s a Illinois meme. Jsit because something is right next to it doesn’t make it Chicago the hell?
>>
>>10486212
>right by acen

You mean the convention center? Why are you referring to it as acen like it’s the only con there out of the entire year.

Either way not sure why everyone got so offended by facts. Being on /cgl figured you scrotes would be jumping all over this shit con.
>>
>>10486354
This is literally an acen thread pal
>>
>>10486185
These are the current guidelines for Illinios:
https://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
For indoor recreation and entertainment venues, it states that capacity must be limited to the lesser of 50 people or 50 percent of a venue's capacity.
I'd like to here about these expos and concerts that have supposedly been held in Rosemont or Chicago.
If I'm somehow misinterpreting these guidelines please feel free to call me out, but it seems fairly straightforward. And as such, I'm calling bullshit here.
Also, Rosemont and Chicago both reside in the state of Illinois, so whatever city something is planned to be held in seems irrelevant. If Chicago had any specific rules that take priority over the Illinois covid rules, I'm sure they'd be even more strict, since Chicago is a large city.
Yeah, I'm definitely calling bullshit here.
>>
>>10486675
Literally google it. You can look at the con center website too. Even with Chicago’s strict rules, stuff like this is still happening. Under the guidelines of course.

> or 50 percent capacity

Think of the con center max capacity during acen for example. CAD’s full attendance isn’t even near close to the centers 50% capacity. It will also be even smaller this year even though it’s already small af. It’s nothing different then any other events that’s been happening in IL recently or anywhere for that matter.
>>
>>10486790
Not that guy, but doesn't it say the lesser of 50 attendees or 50% capacity? So wouldn't that mean 50 attendees?
>>
>>10486800
It’s 50 percent capacity. Or else all these concerts / other gatherings wouldn’t be a thing right now. Venues take advantage of that.
>>
>>10486800
Yes that's exactly what the lesser would mean.
Based on the rules stated at that link, I don't know how any gatherings or concerts over 50 attendees could be happening now.
>>
>>10486809
But-
Oh forget it.
>>
File: fjfjf.gif (1.85 MB, 498x350)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>10484217
>tfw I live 45 minutes from the convention center so I don't need to book a hotel for any reason other than sex
>>
>>10486974
It’s just the way it is idk what to tell you lol. Ever been to a restaurant or a store recently? In Illinois? Those places really need to be better regulated baka
>>
>>10486997
>driving 45 minutes each way every morning and night
>not being able to pop back to the room for a nap in the middle of the day
>having to quick change in the bathroom or your car

Yikes on bikes.
>>
>>10487300
For real. I don’t get why people say that kind of stuff like it’s something to brag about. I mean to each their own I guess, but it seems so inconvenient. You can’t casually go eat or change and you miss out on a lot of the atmosphere of a con too.
>>
>>10487300
Is taking a quick nap in the middle of the day a common thing people do? I've never even considered it.
Between walking back to the room, getting undressed, sleeping, freshening up, etc., you'd easily be wasting an hour of time, minimum. Probably closer to two, I figure.
>>
>>10484217
>its october
>10 months into the year
>and you didn’t think to cancel the reservation at any time
It’s kind of your own fault
>>
>>10486997
Its why i only attend cons in my city. Saves money for merch and my ticket
>>
>>10487681
Bruh naps are essential for me to survive , especially at a party con like acen. Need power to stay up through the night!
>>
>>10486809
Can you link to any large indoors concerts/expos that have happened in the last month in Illinois?
>>
>>10487695
>what is reading comprehension
They aren’t talking about forgetting to cancel a room. They’re talking about missing the block openings for rooms for next year
>>
>>10487681
>he doesn't freshen up through the day
anon please.
>>
>>10484217
So let's be real, what are the odds 2021 is getting yeeted?
>>
>>10495187
Completely depends on the status of the vaccine. America is awful and will never get its shit together (I mean come on how fucking hard is it to wear a piece of cloth over your disease riddled mouth?) so the only way we’ll have normal large events again is when the vaccine is released
>>
>>10485224
>>10485184

Virtue signaling and cancel culture in our community makes me sick. Great idea to boycot cancel the events who are mostly run by volunteers and the backbone of our fandom.

I'm so sick of those people, that I sincerely wish them the rona on themselves or at least their family, including a good portion of casualties.

What the fuck is wrong with those people?
>>
>>10495274
But masks don't work anyways.
>>
>>10495667
Masks have never worked.
>>
>>10495667
They do work, but they only work if everyone wears them. Too many Americans just don’t give a single fuck about other people or straight up don’t believe in science or doctors
>>
>>10484530
Depends on the con. A bunch of small-to-midsize cons like Fanime wiped everyone's hotel bookings, so everyone has to rebook in 2021. Others, mostly larger cons, held onto hotel spots so if you managed to get a room this year, you're guaranteed one next year.
>>
>>10495752
>They do work, but they only work if everyone wears them.
No they don't are you an health expert.

>Too many Americans just don’t give a single fuck about other people or straight up don’t believe in science or doctors
More nurses are calling the CDC for cookbooking the covid death numbers and are against the lockdown.
>>
>>10486263
Retard. It's not Chicago. Chicago-land is not literally Chicago.
>>
>>10499461

I appreciate you bumped this thread to post this this true statement.

Suburban Cook County will likely not be able to host a convention of ACEN's size unless a vaccine is out before 2021.
>>
>>10486997
is it easy to get laid at a anime con
>>
bump
>>
>>10486185
>be me
>born raised in central illinois
Rosemont is definitely chicago you fucking retard
>>
>>10486226
yea it is. Besides everyone from schaumburgs a bunch of fucking wwirdos
>>
>>10486800
>>10486974
>>10486999
Capacity isnt measured for the entire building, its measured by room. Every room in the convention center has a max capacity, usually somewhere in the hundreds
>>
>>10488197
>>10487703
women
>>10487681
men
>>
>>10487681
>an hour of time spent not smelling like ass is an hour wasted
>>
>>10510701
So men = stinky.
>>
>>10511305
That's why the con got bombed with pool chemicals
>>
>>10517401
That was furfest not acen
>>
Just waiting for the doomer harassment brigade to start pestering all the guests. Of course the guests will then cancel to save face and gain twitter clout while simultaneously crying into their empty wallets. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
>>
>>10524523
I'm actually really interested to see how this will play put if at all. I really cant see the cons that do open in 2021 being any fun because of the doomer brigade harassing guests and congoers alike.
>>
I don’t even believe in this fake virus shit. More people should be standing up and resisting the leftist social control.
>>
>>10524710
God I am crossing my fingers that enough people can get the vaccine so that acen can happen but it’s still so up in the air
>>
>>10524715
You are why we can't have nice things.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.