[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Old thread >>10379390

>Please read the FAQ before posting in the thread (always updating)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PpDyjw2LDxbupdvHMNsBUOBVB66Lzwf44RM1You1GDA/edit?usp=sharing
>Resources
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10uNmynwRn6CRc-OMqCeXmJwCNnEnd-vYi-7AQzSx74I/edit?usp=sharing
>Artist Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESQ-1h4IRUivbGNaxJFxXyDU1lSv26xTmMdH0sDX7sU/edit?usp=sharing
>How to order from Vograce (now with video on how to set up files)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18UxKnpgrmeb82NnW5e4YIEX-eZ3zHt178Mp6i0A5gME/edit?usp=sharing
>Convention List (always WIP)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13o7hD5xS3sDqVptnTVGUlRae3ovEE-vPPST_QOrQwtM/
>IP taketowns (based on artists contribution, may or may not have been a one time thing, use as a guideline)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1696MDhNPhrZ0ySZhXkoJnGxb7l1OjW4JsVhu1wKvaWE
>AA Inspo (thanks anon!)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D19QV9nHwaY8AaNiEXZAAkEhkBTSsb01?usp=sharing

Realistically do you think we’ll even have conventions next year? I have a feeling with the lack of physical conventions COVID is going to knock out a bunch of the unknown/no fanbase artists who used physical cons as their main income.
>>
>>10423080
I don't have much hope for any January conventions. After that, it's all up to whether or not all the dumbasses still want to keep going out without masks (not much hope here either). It's really all up in the air.

Different topic, does anyone have, or can anyone give a little review of Vograce washis if you've tried them recently? I've been reading things about their printing being blurry, the adhesive not being tacky enough, etc. but wondering if they've improved since these older reviews were made, as they so often seem to be trying to upgrade their techniques and equipment.
>>
>>10423080
With cases ticking back up, I have no hope for cons like AWA that are normally super packed. There just is no way they can have social distancing.
I think smaller cons have a chance. One I have planned in December has a lower attendance and a lot of open space.
Idk how artist alley will work. Sure, its easy for print artists, but craft artists where people love to touch and pick up our merch will have a hard time stopping people from doing that unless there are some forced guidelines.
>>
Thoughts&opinions on Vograce's new printing process? Someone in AANI said Vograce fucked up their order and sent half of their charms using the new process and half using the old process.
>>
>>10424032
I haven't seen any examples of the new printing process personally, but I do find the grainy texture to charms sort of... charming. (Pun not intended but I'm glad it's here.)

I don't know, I feel like whenever I get a charm without it it's usually official merch, so I like the difference.
>>
>>10424032
When did they switch over? I noticed my last order from a few weeks ago was much nicer printing than before.
>>
>>10424032
I placed an order about two weeks ago and then saw this and asked about it but I was told my order was done on the old printers since I didn't request it. Not a huge deal but a little disappointing.
>>
>>10424032
The clear acrylic looks like ass with PET printing because it ruins the front/back illusion. It would look so, so, good with colored acrylic - it would even look good with white acrylic. But Vograce doesn't do that, so, y'know. It looks like ass.
>>
>>10424492
I guess I should rephrase before people inform me Vograce does white acrylic and some transparent colored acrylic. The vast majority of business that goes through Vograce is clear acrylic, is all I meant.
>>
>>10424032
I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the new printing process. I know how the old one works: a layer of opaque white, with the color printed on top of that. How does the new one work, technically speaking?
>>
File: EaTFY5QUMAAzs80[1].jpg (615 KB, 1280x720)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>10424552
UV printing generally prints the image onto the rough surface, meaning the printing is right on the surface of the acrylic. the PET style has another layer of the plastic over the top of the image layer. this is the 2nd part of that post that explains the process better.
>>
>>10423080
I signed up for ALA's lottery. Did they say when they'll get the results?
>>
>>10424589
Ew that's going to look ugly as hell wtf
>>
>>10424654
I've seen people post that they got in already, so I'm assuming they already went out. Sadly (or not?) you (and I) probably did not get accepted.
>>
>>10424937
it's just going to be domed on top of the print. it will keep the design from scratching off but will get scratched sooooo.
>>
>>10426002
So if it's double sided and you look any angle other than straight on in front of your face you'll see the edges of the other side's white layer instead of nice clear acrylic...
>>
>>10426151
Yuuuup. It's crazy how much one change fucks up.
>>
How has AX weekend traffic been for you guys? I’ve made a couple more sales than usual, but not too much.
>>
Anyone been selling shaker charms or candy bag charms? Seen more people making them lately, but do they sell any better than normal charms? Candy bag charms especially seem to be a pain to store or travel with the way the puff out.
>>
>>10430098
i think people like shaker charms a lot.
>>
Weird question here, but where about can I buy shit that would be in artist alleys? One of the main reasons I went to cons is to spend money at these little places and now that cons are dead no more stickers and keychains. You all ever think about having a site that holds all your shops online? Or there is one and I just didn't know.
>>
>>10429204
that was about to be expected at maximum
>>
>>10430106
etsy...
>>
>>10430106
>You all ever think about having a site that holds all your shops online?
There use to be an artist alley list of shops in OP, but link has been dead for like a year now and it keeps getting reposted for some reason
>>
>>10430141
Rip
>>
>>10430098
Novelty charms like shakers and candy bags sell really well for me. Better than normal acrylic charms, in fact. People are also willing to pay slightly more for novelty charms as well.

>>10430106
>>10430141
I’m the anon who made the spreadsheet. I think I may have accidentally deleted it while cleaning out files from my cgl throwaway email, whoops. If anons would like, I can make another one, although I know that selfposting culture is dead.
>>
>>10430209
I think it could be nice to have another one desu
>>
>>10430209
people still selfpost here all the time tho.
>>
>>10430236
Still, there could be shops that aren't making new stuff/making new self posts but are actively selling old stuff. I'd be keen.
>>
>>10430106
etsy, storenvy, lots of people host on bigcartel/shopify now, you can also check social media for limited stock (some people sell through DMs)
>>
>>10430212
Here's the new link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iafoS8K8Gh3tutxLavVBw4rKUv3l2eFPF-KuyEBZC_k/edit?usp=sharing
It's open to edit, so feel free to add yourself. I also don't remember exactly what columns I had on the old spreadsheet, so let me know if there's anything you'd like me to add.
>>
>>10431184
needs a "shop description" tab
>>
How do you respond to people having postal problems like an item being marked delivered but they dont see it in their mailbox or any problems that the post office needs to handle? I get a lot of my customers asking to find out about their packages for them all the time and I dont have the time to constantly contact the post office to find out for them.
>>
>>10430106
>You all ever think about having a site that holds all your shops online?
I used to work for a little tech company that was trying to build new platforms, for awhile I pushed something like this, a sort of online artist alley that would maintain the indie artist aesthetics and cut out all the resellers and vintage sellers etsy has, but the tech bro management struggled to understand the value of it and it never went anywhere. Problem is everyone thinks if it's not capable of earning millions of dollars then it's not worth doing, even if you're just a small company with eight people. Really wish SOMEBODY had built this thing by now, I hate etsy so much but I keep going on there because I'm so hungry for artist alley fan merch.
>>
>>10431184
Missing an about/introduce yourself column as well
>>
Best site/program to use for accounting on an etsy business? Quickbooks looks interesting but is it worth it? is there anything you'd recommend?
>>
>>10431279
I think the biggest issue with something like that would be it's just a great way for IP holders to find all the merch in one place and send out mass takedowns.
>>
>>10431279
I feel like Ko-fi is leaning towards this with recently adding their shop feature.

Downside is that they don't have a search in regards to the shops, and they don't have a frigging cart tab, so the buyer can't buy multiple items at once. They have to check out through PayPal for each individual item they want. It's the dumbest shit, and it can also screw up shipping costs that way.
>>
File: Logo.png (40 KB, 524x136)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Hi, I'm running a holographic printing start-up for artists interested in selective holographic prints instead of the common holographic overlay types.

I'm having trouble finding print artists that may be interested or at least able to weigh in on their print sales. My MOQ is 200 and I'm wondering if that's too many for an artist to order at once.

I have a quick survey if you or anyone you know who does print sales could share some info. It would be appreciated!

http://printandshine.com/survey/
>>
>>10432177
You might have some takers, but the MOQ is fairly high especially for people who want to just test the waters.

Is it 200 per design or 200 total across a few different designs? Either way I think it might be a little bit too high for some.
>>
>>10432177
fuck no
>>
>>10432189
>>
>>10432189
200 per design unfortunately
>>
>>10432198
>>10432177
>i'm running a startup
>that coincidentally seems like alibaba/taobao resales
you clearly don't have a printer of your own or you'd be able to do smaller MOQs like other successful sticker sites.
>>
>>10432198
Ack. Sorry Anon, I'm a middle-tier AA artist (large portion of my income comes from AA, but I'm definitely not as successful as some.) and I have never once felt the need to order 200 copies of the same print before.
>>
>>10432206
I think it's like >>10432205 said and it's a scam. All the photos and video on the site are blurry as fuck and there's no mention of anything business related such as the process or what products are even on offer. Just "holo printing" doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>10432212
this. wtf does the OP think we are stupid?
>>
So I have a lot of art mutuals on Twitter from back when I would just follow anyone that I talked to for like 3 minutes at a convention. For a couple of them I never saw them afterwards, we never ended up interacting online, and I'm not a fan of their art/not interested in the fandoms they draw for. Is it fine to softblock them if I don't want to follow them anymore? I don't want to feel like I'm burning a bridge, but also don't know if it matters and if I should just go ahead and soft block.
>>
>>10432334
i don't think that should be a problem, but i usually keep everyone on my list for networking.
>>
>>10431979
Too bad Ko-fi bans you if literally anything you make is adult content, even if you never even post it on the site.
>>
>>10432177
This looks extremely amateur, and selling traced/copied pokemon artwork is embarrassing.
>>
>>10430106
In the meantime, if you're on FB, there's a Virtual Artist Alley group that you can post ISOs on or browse people's offerings.

>>10432334
I usually also keep them for networking. You can mute them if you want. But sometimes I see them pop up and see they're not following me anymore, so I unfollow back. Either way, I don't think it's a huge deal whether or not you softblock if you had little to no connection in the first place.
>>
>>10432334
Just mute those people, that’s what I do. Still shows up that you follow them ect
>>
>>10432334
why would you block them? If you don't want to follow someone, just unfollow them. No one is going to get upset they lost a follower.
>>
>>10432380
Nta but Ugh that sucks
I heard that Patreon was going to do something similar, but I’m not sure exactly what.
>>
>>10432474
>>10432481
True I forgot muting was a thing. I'll just do that.
>>10432483
Softblocking, it's blocking then immediately unblocking so that they don't follow you and you don't follow them anymore. It's common courtesy when you unfollow a mutual. Or I assume it is.
>>
>>10432526
>it's blocking then immediately unblocking so that they don't follow you and you don't follow them anymore.
???
what, what is the purpose of that? How is that possibly common courtesy? That makes no sense to me.
>>
is it too late (with current events and market saturation) to get into designing pins?
>>
>>10432726
? That's like asking if it's too late to get into designing charms.
>>
>>10432519
There's rumors every other week about patreon doing stuff with nsfw but so far there are no actual sources for it. It makes up a huge portion of their revenue so they'd have to be facing a massive pressure from higher up in order to remove it from their site. Which is totally feasible, there's just no substance to rumors at this point in time.
>>
>>10432380
>>10432519
This makes me angry if true. I thought one of their questions about what you intended to show/sell was nsfw art... Unless it is there just to ban you if you click it.

Also, why does that one mod of AANI always come up as the first thing in the search/explore no matter what you type in.
>>
>>10432726

its too late for pins for pins sake, but never too late for a novel design.
>>
>>10431243
>>10431341
Added!

>>10432177
>selling bootleg Pokemon buttons to promote your business
>only one example of what your service can do and it’s super blurry
>extremely high MOQ
HMMMMM...
>>
>>10433091
>Unless it is there just to ban you if you click it.
It is. A popular artist I follow recently got banned because they post nsfw on an unlinked SIDE ACCOUNT. Ko-fi interprets any money you get from them as going toward your whole body of work, so you can't even use them if you do nsfw on the side and never even directly link it. It's fucking wild.
>>
>>10433321
Wtf how did ko-fi find art on an unlinked side account? Did they monitor this artist or something?
>>
>>10433422
I went back and re-read and it might have been linked actually, I apologize. It's not linked to their main twitter so I assumed they hadn't linked it there. If you're curious: https://twitter.com/robots_and_lace/status/1252802530054156289
>>
So they may be a stupid question, but it is a dilemma that I have had for a long time now, and a topic that I haven't personally seen brought up. Basically my internet handle was something that I made when I was a teenager, and while it is not something directly weeby, it is weeby-esque. By that I mean, it is not something that means anything and/or direct cringe (for example: it is not OtakuSakura or something like that), but you can tell it has some Japanese influences with how the word is laid out. My question is: is that a bad thing to have as an adult white women, especially these days? Will that hinder my art presence in any way you think, and should I either make a new account and start over or where applicable just change the username? After having for so long, I'm pretty attached to it and find it hard to let it go and move on. Also, because it is glorified gibberish, I have had pretty good luck having the name available everywhere. However, I'm not very good with online presence anymore, which my goal recently is to get my shit together that way, which is also why I'm asking now. Stating that, I don't want people up my ass later about it either, nor look like a "cultural appropriating" weeb.
>>
>>10434362
As long as you're not outright pretending to be Japanese then you're fine. It's literally no different than having an english word/name as an username even if you're not English yourself. The only people who would have a problem with something innocent like that are people you don't want to associate with in the first place, since they'll create discourse from anything they can get their hands on, and that's the last thing you want when building up an online presence.
I will say though, if you have used the handle since you were a teen I'd make sure to check any old/inactive accounts on sites where you might have used it and check whether you should delete them. I for one am glad to be rid of my old username along with the embarrassing weeb past associated with it.
>>
>>10432571
If you’re mutuals, then you are both following each other. If you just unfollow them, they’re still following you. Congrats, now you look like one of those scummy people who follow and unfollow a large quantity of people to mine for followers. Being polite means softblocking and making sure they don’t follow you anymore. A clean break, if you will. If they still like your content, they can refollow you.
>>
>>10435163
>now you look like one of those scummy people who follow and unfollow a large quantity of people to mine for followers.
literally who the fk cares? I'd be upset over you blocking me and forcing me to unfollow you, not you simply unfollowing me.
Not wanting to follow me is understandable since you might not like what I actively post, but blocking or softblocking takes things personal, like you have something against me personally, not just what I post online.
I've never heard such a convoluted thing before.
>>
>>10435163
>If they still like your content, they can refollow you.
NAYRT and this is so roundabout and makes no sense. When I follow people it’s not because I expect them to follow back, it’s because I want to see their content. It’s fine to unfollow me without any fuss, don’t force me to unfollow you back and make me have to look for you again to follow you and act like that’s the logical and polite thing to do.
>>
>>10435252
>>10435181
I agree with these anons. Forcing a mutual to unfollow you implies you don't want them to see your posts anymore. If someone did that to me and I noticed it, I'd be a little offended. People can decide these things for themselves, you don't need to decide it for them.
>>
>>10434362
I think that you should probably just pick a new name. The other anon is right in that most people probably won't care because weeby usernames are super prevalent in the con scene so people probably won't think too hard about it. I'm Asian though and most of my Asian friends find it really cringey to see white people with random Japanese sounding online handles so I'm sure Asian con-goers and artists might similarly. If you're just starting to build your brand, it's much much easier to just pick something new (maybe something similar sounding but not as obviously Japanese?) for your professional identity and keep the old handle as your personal account.
>>
>>10435284
i find it cringy to see other Asians using Japanese names too. maybe more than white people, because white people aren't really tricking people.
>>
>>10434362
I don’t think it’s cultural appropriation or pretending to be Asian, but it is cringy as fuck. Imo weeny Japanese usernames are no longer acceptable once you’re older than 15.
>t. someone who’s half Japanese
>>
So I have a question that isn’t really artist alley related, but more commissioned-art related. Is writing “To (name)” on the front of the art a thing??

My fiancé and I have been getting to know our neighbors in our townhouse complex. There’s one couple that lives a few doors down with a 3 year old daughter who loves Frozen. My fiancé bragged to the neighbors and told them I was an artist and basically put me in the position to offer to draw a picture of Anna and Elsa for the couple’s daughter.

I didn’t mind drawing it as I’ve been in a funk and can’t think of anything to draw lately, so I saw this as a way to motivate myself to draw and as something I can upload on social media.

So I finish the picture. It was an inked and copic colored piece on 9 x 12 bristol board. Today, the family was walking by our home, so my fiancé alerted me to present it. Long story short, the little girl loved it and even hugged it. She didn’t want to let the picture go but I had to imply to the parents to take the picture in the house so it doesn’t get crumpled. It felt good to make this little girl smile with my art.

An hour or so later, my fiancé alerted me that the neighbor wants me to write “To (daughters name)” on the front. I find this weird because I feel “to name” is usually followed by a message, and the way it’s drawn, there isn’t really a lot of space to write a message. I walk over and just end up writing “to (daughter name)”, and the mom seemed to be pleased, but part of me feels like that ruins the image. I guess I’m thinking too much into it since this is a drawing being framed to go on a little girl’s wall, but I’m wondering if I should’ve added a message along with “To (name)” if it was going to a little girl.

Thoughts? Opinions? Do people write messages or names on the artwork as if its a card? Should I have written “To (name), may all your dreams come true” or some other inspirational quote?
>>
>>10435951
it seems like you're expected to treat it like an autograph. i guess the parents don't realize that putting a signature on art is not the same thing.
>>
What’s the difference between doing taxes July 15th versus end of the year each year? I’ve been doing them at the end of the year, but should I be doing them soon instead? I run an online store mainly.
>>
>>10435284
Imagine gatekeeping Asian names this hard
Literally NOBODY gives a shit original poster, anime/Japanese names is normie tier now you’re totally fine.
A certain cringlord on Twitter who can’t post anything more interesting than “muh Korean culture!” might try and call you out though. A majority of the people who have actual shit to deal with won’t care and you shouldn’t either.
>>
>>10435951
>To (name)” on the front of the art a thing??
Not usually, but for kids it's pretty understandable. I actually did the same thing for my mom's friend's kid with Ariel, and lo and behold, just like your situation, she wanted me to write "To (name)" on the front, too. I wrote something cutesy (I think it was "Always follow your dreams!") too just so it wouldn't look so weird, but yeah. I wouldn't worry about it being ruined. You just gave a drawing to a kid. SOMETHING is bound to happen to it at some point. That's life.
>>
>>10436003
>gatekeeping Asian names
please tell that to every cringy non-japanese asian who pretends to be named yuki, sakura, hana etc.
>>
>>10436010
Yeah that’s cringe but it’s not hurting anyone. Too often people think “because I cringe and feel physically discomfort from cringing, this person must cease to exist/act upon the thing that’s making me cringe.” Worry about bigger shit
>>
>>10436016
>it’s not hurting anyone.
lying or being deceptive to people definitely hurts others. whenever people do this kind of thing it causes people to doubt eachother. pretending to be japanese or asian or mixed is lying, and that's shitty. it's equally shitty to be purposely deceptive to get people to think a certain way. especially when most of these weeb asians are the first ones to ree at white girls for "appropriation", it's extremely hypocritical. no one is saying you can't be interested in certain cultures or even dress and eat and live a certain way because you like them, just don't pretend and make shit up.
>>
>>10436016
What >>10436023 said. You're an idiot if you don't think that using Japanese names is more often than not trying to be deceptive, especially by other Asians. I can't count the sheer number of times an Asian or even a non-Asian had a Japanese name on their profile and wrote "Japanese" or "haffu" or "1/4th Japanese when it turned out they were just lying. Hell, the anime club president at my school refused to be called his real name because he wanted to trick women into thinking he was Japanese, and I've known atleast 2 other men who try to monopolize on being Japanese to trick women. Not to mention that this hurts people who are actually Japanese or haffu or part Japanese, they end up having to go out of their way to prove it, when it shouldn't even be an issue.
>>
>>10436023
A username isn’t pretending to be anyone, it’s a pseudonym?
>>
>>10434362
I feel like if you're still attached to it, you can continue to use it. Your issue isn't going to be 'accused of cultural appropriation' since it's just a weeby username, it's other people who first see your handle trying to decide if it's a red flag to approach/befriend you because those types of names are common with REALLY cringey yellow fever/ "I'm Actually Japanese!" people in the convention scene that >>10436023 and >>10436025 immediately thought of. Overall, it's not a big deal and once people know you I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
>>10436061
>being this obtuse
>>
>>10434362
I think if you are worrying about it, and you are at a good place to change it even if you are attached to it, you should do so. I made the mistake of carrying a name I came up with as a young teen to every place I went online, and it ended up becoming my brand; I've actively tried changing it with some people I've worked with and they pressed me to continue using the old name since it has more recognition. So I'm stuck with it. You're lucky you have this opportunity and you should think really hard about it and what you would want your identity to be tied to, if you end up being more successful than you expect.
>>
>>10436003
Can you read? I said most people online won't think too hard about it. The problem is more generally along the lines of what this anon said>>10436119 - at a first glance it'll come off cringey and weeby to some people - especially from a networking/first impressions POV. Hence my suggestion that they pick something new for their professional handle but keep the old name as for their personal accounts since they have an emotional connection to it.
>>
>>10434362
I've removed my Japanese name from my business cards/my website/my SMS because I was afraid that there would be people (either customers, fans, or even just haters) that would think I was pretending to be an ethnicity that I was not like >>10436025 mentions. Even though it is my actual last name, I didn't want to give off that vibe of "oh look, yet another white person using a Japanese name to pretend to be Japanese when they're not". It sucks, but I have to recognize this issue as someone who is white-passing, that this assumption will be made about me (as it has already happened to me in the past).
>>
>>10436016
>not hurting anyone
I’m the half-Japanese anon and my name is one often coopted by weebs. My last name isn’t Japanese (thanks dad) so people always think that I’m a fucking weeb who gave myself that name for attention, but no, it’s my actual fucking name and it gets tiring having to explain it to literally everyone who asks.
>>
>>10436213
This is not a good way to do it...
>>
>>10436238
Maybe not. But I got tired of the behind-the-scenes harassment even from people I thought were my friends. Regardless, I quit doing AA almost half a decade ago.
>>
>>10436025
I think there's a big difference in using an actual japanese name to refer to yourself both online and in private, and using a japanese word as a handle online. The former definitely gives the impression of trying to seem Japanese, the latter is no different than using literally any other word in any language as a nickname. Just like there are Japanese artists who use english words and names as their handles, and I've even seen a published mangaka that used a word native to my language as their pen name. I'd also imagine no one gets bothered even if, for example, an american artist used a french word as their handle, as long as they're not doing so to claim to be French.
But again, introducing yourself as Sakura, posting in broken english/japanese, and purposefully hiding any actual information about yourself that would compromise your pretend Japanese-ness is the problem. Simply using a foreign word as your handle is not. Refusing to aknowledge that the latter exists simply because the former does is honestly just looking for drama in places where there wouldn't originally be any.
>>
>>10436005
Well damn, now I feel weird for not adding a message along with just “To (name),” but there was literally not enough space on the artwork to write a full message within the art without writing over the art. The neighbor seemed fine with me just writing “To (name),” only tho

It was also pretty awkward in the moment because my parents had literally just stopped by minutes before my fiancé announced to me that the neighbor wanted me to write her daughter’s name. My mom spotted a garage sale across the street from my place and wanted me to go with her, and was impatient about me signing the name because she had just got there, but that’s a whole other thing. I had the pressure to sign something with an embarrassing impatient boomer mother in the heat of the moment. My life is full of awkward bad timings.
>>
>>10436306
^Huge agree here.

I don't like my name all that much and would rather go by a cute nickname online. I've definitely thought about coming up with a handle and I've studied Japanese for maybe over 7 years and like anime, so a lot of the gibberish handles I come up with that I end up finding cute have similar phonetics/pronunciation structure to Japanese words.

Even if I did end up using a Japanese-sounding, gibberish handle I would absolutely never claim to be Japanese or pretend to be Japanese. That is a whole separate amount of creepy, weird, appropriation issue imo.
If I could've learned my own ethnicity's language I sure as hell would've probably gone with something more inspired by that or maybe if I still remembered middle school Spanish I probably would've thought of an idea closer to that.

If someone wants people to call them Sasuke or Ren or Kuu or Usagi just leave them be. I mean as long as they're just using it as a nickname and they aren't disrespecting anyone, the culture, or trying to pass themselves as something they aren't I think it's fine.
>>
>>10436504
you're literally arguing the opposite of what she said anon. she's saying a username like pinku_hime or sakura_milk or something is fine, but using a name as a literal nickname is cringe.
>>
>>10434362
Okay I dont actually give a shit if you're gonna name yourself something weeby.
But, as a potential buyer, I find it cringey. For example, there's a doll customiser called "Rakeru Sensei", her name is Raquel. So she's essentially translated her name into Japanese, as well as given herself a title that implies you have to respect her, which is conceited and tacky, so I wouldn't use her because I can't get past the name.
But if you're worrying about it, prolly best to change it because it'll niggle in your mind if you don't, since there will always be people who find it cringey or annoying or cultural appropriation or something.

>>10435951
To me, while I don't normally sign art in that way, I do sign gift art, even if it doesn't have a long message after. So, sounds acceptable to me.
>>
>>10436532
being upset about that kind of name is unironically autistic. my cosplay page has the word hime in it but i'm not trying to assert royal authority over you lmfao.
>>
>>10436534
^
anyways
>>10434362
if you draw anime or make japanese style stuff, then a japanese or japanese sounding name is going to help more than it hurts. Names should be rememberable and recognizable. If someone can guess what you do based on your name, its a good name.
>>
>>10436442
I mean this in a sincere way, but it sounds like you might be overthinking it a bit. It seems like the girl and her family really adored the drawing and wanted it to be a bit more personal with the "To" address on the picture, which kids really like! (being addressed/having something personalized) I'm sure they don't feel that the drawing was ruined for it, and if your mom or whoever feels that it's pretentious or something then that's on them, it's not like you had insisted to sign it yourself. I think adding an extra message would be sweet, but they also didn't ask for it, so they probably weren't expecting it. You're doing fine, anon!
>>
>>10436511
>. I'd also imagine no one gets bothered even if, for example, an american artist used a french word as their handle, as long as they're not doing so to claim to be French.
>But again, introducing yourself as Sakura, posting in broken english/japanese, and purposefully hiding any actual information about yourself that would compromise your pretend Japanese-ness is the problem. Simply using a foreign word as your handle is not. Refusing to aknowledge that the latter exists simply because the former does is honestly just looking for drama in places where there wouldn't originally be any.
I’m literally not? Reread? I’m agreeing that using as a handle is fine, using it as a handle and then trying to pass off as that ethnicity is not?
>>
>>10436842
>If someone wants people to call them Sasuke or Ren or Kuu or Usagi just leave them be.
Ayrt. That's what I'm saying is wrong. Usernames and nicknames aren't the same thing.
>>
>>10436843
I guess I was using them interchangeably so sorry about the confusion.
>>
Anyone hear back from AWA yet? Im thinking about asking about my artist alley application status.
>>
Does anyone know what's happening for ANYC?
>>
You know, I've been thinking about the exchanges had over the weeb names discussion that was going on a few days ago. No one asked for it or cares but I'm going to put my thoughts out there regardless.

This speaks to an issue deeper than usernames. I used to know many people who--some to this day--do very well in Artist Alley and are really incredible artists. Like, there's so much amazing talent in Artist Alley, it always blows my mind when I get around to doing some quick rounds.

That being said, some of you have really shitty and ironically problematic outlooks, which are perfectly outlined in the above discussion. How many times have I heard "oh, xyz person is annoying," and upon asking why recieved the response "because of their style/name/appearance." Y'all. Get your heads out of your damn asses and stop cannibalizing each other over such stupid, petty shit.

Who cares if you dont like someones name, or art style? That doesnt make them a bad, or annoying person it just means their content isnt for YOU. Its incredibly narcissistic to label someone so negatively only because of your own hangups. This aloof attitude, elitism, general disdain towards those you arbitrarily deem "others" and two facedness is so fucking tiring. I guarantee you that a bunch of people who bitch about those with "wrong sounding names' in this thread will be nice to your face, and be talking shit about you as soon as you turn around.

I guess the point I'm trying to get across here is Artist Alley as a community is toxic enough as-is. There is absolutely no need for this childish, immature tearing down of each other over the most minuscule of reasons like "that person doesnt have a username I agree with" or "this persons style is one I dont like so I think they're annoying."

Stand up for what you believe in, but dont devolve into such petty dialogue and spread baseless negativity because someone "rubs you the wrong way."
>>
>>10441138
Fucking this. Tell it like it is
>>
Is promare still actually selling as much as it was before? I feel like I’m constantly seeing artists push out Promare, but not really seeing many people talking about it as much.
>>
>>10441139
>>10441138
Shut the fuck up. Have a weeby username if you want to, but it's not going to stop people from feeling how they do. If you want to coopt someone else's profit that's your choice but no one has to be nice to you if they don't want to be.

Personally I talk to few other artists because like any other community there will be friend groups and drama but I thank God every day I'm not a cosplayer.

To get back on thread topic, is anyone else worried about holmat? I don't want to forfeit my rollover booth but there's no way in hell I'm going to Florida until covid is suitably handled/contained/vaccinated.
>>
>>10441395
Co-opt someone elses culture for your own profit*

sage
>>
>>10441138
>t. white girl with sakura hana chan fb name
>>
>>10441138
If you have one of those names I'll tell you to your face that I don't like it. Just because no one initiates that conversation in person doesn't mean they're two-face, it just means they don't want to bother.
>>
>>10441409
>If you have one of those names I'll tell you to your face that I don't like it.

Sure Jan.
>>
>>10441409
> If you have one of those names I'll tell you to your face that I don't like it.
Your autism is showing anon.
>>
>>10441138
Obviously it's all petty bullshit because it's nonquantifiable preferences batting up against one another.

But an anon asked for opinions.
So people gave opinions their opinions. Some peoples opinions don't need to go further than "it sounds cringy so I steer away" because that's enough?

What are you sperging about?
>>
File: IMG_20200720_082603.jpg (916 KB, 2480x2418)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
Vograce listened and now the new PET charms wont have the printing gap. I just ordered some more charms from them about a week ago and wonder if that method will be in place.
>>
>>10441141
I don't see many people still working on it besides a few big names, but it's still selling decently well. Not as much as before, but the anniversary gave it a good boost, and I'm predicting the US anniversary should give another boost. It helps that its Trigger
>>
>>10441138
>People having boundaries re: cultural appropriation is "childish"
How do you have friends?

>>10441486
>>10441629
NAYRT but genuinely hope I don't run into you two while tabling. You sound exhausting to be around.

>>10441696
I'd be interested in seeing photos of them when they arrive, anon! It's really cool to see the Vograce is taking feed back because while I appreciate the longevity/image quality of the PET charms, the image alignment issue was pretty glaring.
>>
>>10441696
this method seems so useless??? why have an acrylic and epoxy layer?
>>
>>10441896
>why have an acrylic and epoxy layer?
This has been an option forever... it's for the rounded dome effect.
>>
>>10441868
As long as you aren't stupid to my face, we wouldn't have a problem?
>>
>>10441868
I can do a comparison photo when they arrive if it's the new layering method. I actually wasnt as bothered by the image gap with my last order as I thought I would be, but I can see how glaring that gap could be if trying to do something like transparency. I do love the way the PET colors look though. Way better quality.
>>
>>10441898
i mean over the pet retard.
>>
>>10441898
Domed comes from the epoxy. The acryl is basically pointless.
>>
>>10441141
My promare merch is still selling relatively well. Trigger is making new merch like books, figures, collabs, etc. which helps too. I think most fandom hoppers are done with it, so it's just dedicated fans left now. Not sure how long that'll last, I'm still into it so I hope it stays for a bit.
>>
>>10441905
might want to type that in the first place then champ
>>
>>10441868
> NAYRT but genuinely hope I don't run into you two while tabling. You sound exhausting to be around.
>actually tabling like a third-grader in a barn stall and not living solely off of that sweet online store only money
>>
>>10442164
Teach me your ways, I want to never have to leave my house
>>
>>10442008
Anon, we were explicitly discussing the new method.
>>
>>10442164
Nta but I have a question for all of you online store anons: how/where do you store all of your stock? My apartment is tiny and my work room is tinier (seriously like 6’x10’). Ideally I’d like to transition to doing online stuff, but I can’t figure out a way to get all of my stock to fit into my closet sized room.
>>
>>10442173
what all are you making? it depends on that i think. i have a big craft room though with cupboards.
>>
File: file.png (186 KB, 515x515)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>10442173
Tiny apartment anon here that basically only has a bedroom to keep my stuff in. Invest in vertical storage.I keep my prints in pic related and charms in plastic partition containers under my bed. Granted I don't have a huge inventory so it depends
>>
File: tsd.jpg (397 KB, 1650x1050)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>10442173
Wow 6'x10' is pretty painful to work with..vertical storage like those modular cubicles are your best bet, but you can also stack storage bins from the floor if you don't mind the hassle of lifting them up to get to the stock you need.
>>
File: storageshelves.jpg (115 KB, 1500x1500)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>10442164
lmao I made 76k through online sales alone last year, but go off

>>10442173
I have everything on metal shelving in my garage and in a giant cubby storage in my living room. But before I moved to my current place, I also used to live in a tiny apartment too and relied mostly on the cubby storage.

I'm not sure what kind of merch you sell since storage solutions will depend on the volume of your items. If you carry a lot of larger things, I really recommend cubby shelving if you have an open wall to set it against. You can even get those nice fabric organizers so it doesn't look messy. If you have smaller stuff, use plastic storage bins under your bed.
>>
>>10442219
>I made 76k through online sales alone last year
Holy cow anon! I'm steadily making more money each year from my online store, but I dream to make that much in a year. May I ask how long it took to get to that many in sales? What to generally sell?
>>
>>10442221
I started selling online around 8 years ago and I started seeing numbers similar to this about 2-3 years ago. I sell a healthy mix of things so I carry paper goods like prints but also 3D goods like charms!

It's really a combination of having a style that appeals to both normies and weebs, steadily gaining returning customers at cons, and building an online following who are willing to spend money on your preorders. I highly recommend IG and Twitter over Tumblr if you want an audience that actually spends money on your art. I really started seeing a jump in numbers once I started heavily promoting on IG and Twitter. Even marketing directly to FB fan groups works really well compared to Tumblr. And don't forget to run Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales. I can make 10-20k just over that one weekend. Good luck, anon!
>>
>>10442229
Thanks for the advice! I'm currently entering year 3 and sell much of the same thing. Been trying to gain traction on instagram and twitter, I just have to get better at uploading more frequently. I did notice Etsy promoting my stuff on Pinterest and gained a ton of orders and views from there which is strange but most welcome. Congrats on those numbers anon! That's really awesome!
>>
>>10441696
man, if they would do double sided epoxy with the 3d effect, I'd be all over them right now. Sad they don't, though. I've been having so much trouble with my current manu, ugh.
>>
How do you guys deal with problematic people (AKA art tracers) joining your group order (or group orders you're in, but hosted by another artist)? I just found out that another artist in this GO server I'm in has been called out multiple times for tracing and copying art amongst other shady things. I'm not sure if I should warn our GO server leader, but at the same time even if I were to warn them I'm not sure what they would even do about it.
>>
>>10442872
I'd be super uncomfortable with that, so I'd probably share the info with the host. Ask them what they think about the situation, they might outright say they'll kick the person from the order.
>>
>>10442910
My friend went ahead and DM'd the mods about it. It's a fairly large server so it was nice that they took it seriously.
>>
How do you guys send stickers/sticker sheets? I usually send mine in stiff mailers but I recently purchased a few from others that were just mailed in an envelope and a stamp. They were all intact. So I've considered maybe I could do this too (then I could potentially offer free shipping). I've always been concerned about this method looking "unprofessional," but if it works for other people...? As a consumer I've found that I don't really care if it arrives this way, as long as the contents are undamaged, but as a seller I get anxiety that something will go wrong...
>>
>>10443831
I use a bit of washi tape to stick the backside of the sticker to a little piece of cardboard or card stock, depending on what I have on hand. I just use regular envelopes, if it's just stickers I'm shipping.
>>
>>10443831
Individual stickers I send in a plain envelope with some spare cardstock/old cut up prints as backing or folded around it. Previously I sent sticker sheets with a rigid mailer but I think if I make new sheets I'll do just a stamped envelope too.

I do actually offer a tracking upgrade though in case people do prefer an actual protective mailer but so far no ones taken me up on it (unless by accident when they have a bigger purchase that includes other merch, but those are always shipped w tracking by default)
>>
>>10442190
I mostly make paper goods and charms

>>10442204
>>10442211
>>10442219
I did some more research and pretty much everything I've found just echoes exactly what you anons said. I'll definitely look into vertical storage and see if there's any good wall-mounted stuff I can find. Thanks for the advice, friends!

>>10442231
Ngl I find it super hard to gain traction on Twitter. How do you anons do it? Instagram was easy for me and I got 14 followers on my first day of posting.
>>
>>10443984
Twitter I think is still a mystery to a lot of artists. The thing that's gotten me the most traction is doing art related to what's trending like the sailor moon redraw challenges or those introduction tags like "nobody artists" or whatever it was called. This era of social media is just too fast with it's info feed compared to the days of deviantart. Twitter is constantly throwing posts and accounts with tons of views already into people's faces the moment they open it up and they don't even need to be following said person to have them pop up which leaves a lot of smaller accounts in the dark.
>>
>>10443984
>>10444035
>tfw my art has decent traction on Tumblr and very little on Twitter
You have to chase trends and tags, and game the algorithms much more aggressively on Twitter. I post very infrequently and can throw whatever on Tumblr anytime and it will usually get a number of notes, but on Twitter things go pretty much unnoticed unless it's retweeted by the correct accounts at the correct hour.
I'm thinking about just posting a lot more of sketches and WIPs just to have something I can post often, but admittedly I haven't been been trying very hard and I'm not fond of jumping on all the """challenges""" and hashtags that trends. Twitter is just a platform that requires you to interact and follow it more intently.

On that matter, how is it to build a following in Instagram? Is it also as sensitive to posting times, frequency, hashtags and replying/interacting with others?
>>
>>10441896
>>10441905
>>10441919
I have some charms with both an acrylic layer and epoxy, and gold foil in between. It adds a nice layer effect while encasing the gold foil and I'm glad they have the option, though I question why they can't offer the epoxy directly on the pet too.
>>
For those of you that make enamel pins, is it normal for the screen printed part of the pin to scratch off pretty easily? My manufacturer said that’s normal but I don’t know if it’s just that they’re just shitty or not.
>>
>>10444268
>Is it also as sensitive to posting times, frequency, hashtags and replying/interacting with others?
I'm >>10443984 and I've found that posting at the right time and with the right hashtags is more important that posting frequently. Interacting with others is really helpful and doing s4s in stories help as well. The thing that I like about Instagram is that you can post to stories so you don't overwhelm your account with WIPs/sketches.
YMMV, of course. I know people who are mysteriously successful on Twitter but can't seem to gain traction on Instagram even though we share tips with each other.
>>
>>10443002
Let us know how it goes, ngl I'm curious to know if it's something that get's acted upon in case it comes up for me in future.

>>10441696
I'm wondering, are these two things linked? Is this new printing method what this particular artist is talking about?

https://twitter.com/faunna_/status/1286747180443807745
>>
>>10444521
That's the PET printing before the changes to the acrylic layering.
>>
>>10444436
Did you print on the metal portion of your pin? I have no issues with my own screenprint, but I hear printing on the metal makes it more susceptible to getting scratched off.
>>
>>10444581
No, it was on the color part. Should I try looking for a new manufacturer? It’s pretty much if I take my nail and scratch at it it comes off.
>>
>>10444697
NAYRT but yeah, anon. My screenprinted pins don't scratch that easily.
>>
>>10444697
Yes, definitely do. That’s not normal.
>>
>>10444697
chiming in to say yes that is not normal your manu is lying
>>
>>10444697
There is supposed to be a very thin layer of resin on top of the screenprinted portion. You usually won't notice it unless it's absent, like in your case. They cheated you.
>>
>>10444850
>>10444965
>>10445211
>>10445248
Thanks everyone!! Yeah they just said it was normal so casually so I thought I was the one who was in the wrong haha.
>>
>>10445328
actually this looks like they are telling you they sent you shitty samples on purpose.
>>
How do you respond to people having postal problems like an item being marked delivered but they dont see it in their mailbox or any problems that the post office needs to handle? I get a lot of my customers asking to find out about their packages for them all the time and I dont have the time to constantly contact the post office to find out for them.
>>
>>10445768
Didn't you ask this last thread
>>
>>10445834
No one replied
>>
>>10445768
I would direct them to the post office themselves
>>
>>10445768
If you constantly have the same problem have you tried to figure out why? Like your packages are so small they are easily forgotten somewhere. Or someone in the office just takes your packages themselves and just marks them delivered some days afterwards.

>>10445896
At least in my country the post office won't search packages if the client is asking for it. They tell you to contact the sender and sender has to file a complain.
>>
File: ew.jpg (222 KB, 1090x783)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
I'm all for using yourself as a model...but when you can see your makeup/sweat you may want to do a pick of editing.
>>
>>10446167
Agree...
This doesn’t bring across a very clean image and subconsciously makes the customer (or at least me) think that the shop might not be the most sanitary even if the sweat is a stupid reason.
>>
>>10446167
>>10446238
That hair is soaked, too.. I really hope that was a personal one and not one she sold..
>>
>>10446167
Is this voldee?
>>
>>10446733
nope, some unfortunate gal on AANI trying to sell shitty fandom berets.
>>
File: Screenshot_2020-07-28 .png (36 KB, 1302x436)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
I just got this email. Is it a scam? I can't figure out what its saying
>>
>>10447228
what email address is this from?
>>
>>10447228
sarah.wilson@autoexpoleads.com

the weird subject, bad grammar, and weird email makes me thinks is a scam. Not use to seeing targeted scams though.
>>
>>10447235
meant to reply to you >>10447240
>>
>>10447228
Yes, absolutely a scam. It happens a lot with events period, first time I've ever seen it with AA stuff. I used to see a bunch of emails like this when I worked in interior design (lots of shows for that one). You probably will get a list even if you do pay, actually- it's just that whatever show/convention would have provided you the list free of charge. Just delete it without replying.
>>
>>10447228
>>10447477
I doubt that a con would provide you with the emails and telephone numbers of every single vendor, and that's if they actually meant vendors and not what they said, which was attendees. Providing the names/emails/phones associated with every single attendee isn't something a con should be passing out. This email sketchy as fuck.
>>
File: file.png (1.21 MB, 1242x903)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>10447228
>>10447477
Wtf would vendors need the personal information of attendees for? Do they think people will use them to directly advertise to them or something.
>>
>>10447812
Older vendors who still think in email blasts would absolutely use it to advertise.
>>
>>10441696
Have they ever sold art sent to them?
>>
Does anyone else constantly feel an immense pressure over how fast people move onto things? I always feel like I'm one step behind, and even if I do like what's trendy, I draw too slow to produce merch. It's frustrating and I'm really in a rut because of it. My original art sells way worse than fan art, so focusing on ocs only isn't really a choice for me.

>>10448064
I've never heard of Vograce selling someone else's art. They've been a pretty trustworthy source for quite a few years now.
>>
>>10448471
I feel you anon. Everything in general is moving much faster thanks to the internet. Aside from MHA everything seems to only be popular for like a year tops. At least there are those timeless fan favorites like Sailor moon and Pokemon.
>>
>>10448471
There's always classics. They might not sell as well as the anime of the season but at least you can sell them longer. Also do some research which anime get renewed for S2+. If S1 was popular the others will be too. Sometimes there's at least half a year to draw from the announcement to the actual season.
>>
>>10448471
I feel you, though at least there are always the classics. You could always check out video game trends for inspiration. While they also move faster than before, the trends still last longer than seasonal anime.
>>
>>10448471
>>10448548
Especially if it's a multigame series that people invest a lot of themselves into! If it's niche you can usually get a few sales just from that too but if you like games definitely try to look at which ones have the potential for emotional bonds with players, or high replayability.
>>
Has anyone had a shitty group order experience? The more GOs I see from the fb group or discord, the less appealing they look. Most don't even have actual photos of the products they're trying to make, but still get a a good handful of suckers. I'm also super weary of the GO hosts who try to do multiple things at once.
>>
>>10448471
I agree with this immensely. I do feel like my best buyers are loyal fans of older series though. Like the other anon said, long running game series are great
>>
>>10449158
I joined a GO once where the host asked for a service fee for acting as the host. Their demand was insane too, 10% of your order cost before shipping. This was through AANI many years ago though (it was a GO for holo prints, that’s how old this order was). I’ll see if I can find the posts about it.
>>
If I wanted to start making my own pastel barf dresses/tights etc. Who are the companies I should be looking into? I've looked online but can only find places that way a go-between agent or want to charge $50 for a dress or want a minimum of 25 orders for a single size. I know for a fact these stores aren't buying 25 of each size. so what is it I'm missing?

Can someone give me a recommendation?
>>
File: pastelbarf.png (1.15 MB, 1192x707)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>10449996
dropped my pic
>>
>>10449996
Drop shipping
>>
>>10449996
artkau
>>
>>10449158
my last one this year soured me so badly i dread doing restocks at all. i look on AANI GOs and 80% are people i've already had negative or unprofessional experiences with. smaller low-key ones are good if you can find them.
>>
>>10450148
I feel like the overall quality of AANI, the art posted there, the GOs, etc. has degraded so much in the past few years. The group has just turned into a breeding ground for petty fights over pointless shit like traditional vs. digital or newbies asking the same 5 questions ("where do I get prints made?", "should I start an online shop?") over and over again.
>>
>>10450151
It's a shame. Engagement has lowered a lot as well. It wasnt perfect before but it was a heck of a lot better.
>>
I feel bad that you guys have to deal with so much to stay relevant in the artist alley sphere. If it's any comfort, I usually prefer to see people selling art of stuff they genuinely like instead of FOTM show #321245.
Sadly, I am also aware that I am in the minority.
>>
>>10450151
I think I've seen multiple people asking about taking out loans to start doing Artist Alley and I just scratch my head thinking about what they're on that they want to take a loan out to sell shit? And asking strangers online about large financial decisions like taking out a loan? Haven't looked at AANI's FB group in a long ass time though. Not sure if the discord is better in comparison or almost the same.
>>
>>10450042
>>10450006
Neither of these answers are helpful. Artsco-w wants me to download an obsolete microsoft program to fully use their horrendous design interface - no image tiling and it autofills image scale to fit, not to mention the same image on 1 pattern piece, such a skirt fits entirely at 100% scale yet on the smaller shirt pattern piece needs to be scaled to 150% to fit the entire piece and causes the same image to then be multiple sizes on the same garment.

Drop shipping isn't a company
>>
>>10450585
Very few people on cgl (and artists in general) are willing to help you find manus. They might say to avoid using someone, but few people are going to give competitors resources. You will likely get more help on another site where people are doing it for funsies instead of viewing it as part of their business
>>
>>10450585
god you're fucking annoying.
>>
Has anyone had the problem of ordering from vograce recently and the charms arrived without the plastic cover? I made a small order that was, luckily, for myself, but it's scratched af.
>>
>>10450585
Sounds like you need to learn how to tile your pattern. If it isn’t big enough you just tile it? Also agree with other anon, people aren’t just going to hand you their clothing manus. If you want one so badly then look on your own. No one is going to hand you a perfect manu on a plate sheesh.
>>
>>10450585
What >>10450650 said but also people won't hand you their clothing manus because different people have different standards for what they want, and just because you know their manu doesn't mean you'll be happy with what you get. You should just order samples from a bunch of manus and pick the one that suits you the best.
>>
>>10450585
the images you linked are likely made with artkau. are you the same idiot who doesn't know how to make graphics for tights?
>>
File: sip.jpg (36 KB, 540x532)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Has anyone here gotten into 3D printing phone charms or making simplistic anime figurines using digital media?
I kind of want to get into it, but I'm not sure if the quality is going to be good or if I should utilise other methods.
>>
>>10450687
3d printing phone charms sounds like you're more likely to lose money than to be able to pay yourself fairly. You have to factor the time you spend modeling the charms, the time you have to wait for the charms to print, the time you spend sanding/filling the print down, and the time you spend painting it. Idk how many people would be willing to pay a lot for a 3d printed phone charm either, since 3d printing has unfortunately been mislabeled as mass production that doesn't take a lot of time.
>>
>>10450701
Sadly you're right! Seems like I'll do it for myself and include only my own interests instead. The idea has been on my mind for a while now and I was trying to think of a way to capitalise on it lol
>>
>>10450701

There are 3D printers besides plastic fillament nozzle type ones. Like resin or other methods that can make small detailed things that need minimal adjustments besides painting once complete
>>
Anyone used to doing group orders and have recommendations for shipping out bulk charms and mouse pads? I've run them before, but it's always been in-person pick up between friends or at conventions. Not sure what the best shipping option would be since all I've ever shipped are small orders from my store.
>>
What's the stance on helluva boss and hazbin hotel fan merch? is that fine to sell?
>>
>>10432997
Why have no artists migrated to onlyfans? Honestly asking. They seem to have their shit a lot more together.
>>
Good way to cover up the back of a prints info? With the label for where it was printed (ex. amazon printing)
>>
>>10450792
Just use somewhere that doesn't do that.. I've never even heard of this happening before..
>>
>>10450784
Mostly I think, their fees are twice what Patreon's are. Patreon takes 10%, OnlyFans takes 20%. In addition, my personal impression has been that it's more for camgirls and irl porn. The first time I heard of onlyfans it seemed like it already had a stigma attached to it, and I know a lot of customers of adult art aren't the typical irl porn customer and might feel uncomfortable subbing to a site like that. At least with patreon your CC charge could arguably be for podcasts or youtubers as much as it could be for porn. Plus, because there is so much art there already, it actually feels like a site where art is welcome.
>>
>>10449158
>>10450148
>>10450151
palms sweaty reading this cos i just dropped a few hundo on some new merch in a GO

please tell me its gonna be ok
>>
>>10451718
Lol which GO anon? There are more reliable ones and no-gos. In the future I suggest you lurk around their server (if they have one) and keep an eye on how smooth or rocky they are from researching to ordering to sending out to participants and how the GO lead deals with mishaps, etc.
>>
>>10451766
it was a washi tape one, i already paid up and we're all waiting a month or two now for stuff to get made and shipped hoo

the organiser seems alright but damn this thread got me worried
>>
>>10451775
i never use GOs cause of shit like what's been said itt. would rather spend a little extra than lose hundreds.
>>
>>10451775
Hopefully you'll be fine. Nothing else you can really do now, but wait. I've been in quite a few GOs that were smooth going, but I always make sure to check up on things like if they've ordered from the manu before and what the quality was like, if have they done group orders before, how quickly they respond to questions or update asks.

>>10451801
I know the feeling, but sometimes there's products that have too high of a MOQ to order on your own like notebooks.
>>
has anyone gotten washi from vograce before/recently? I've heard their washi is not sticky at all but i was wondering if it's any better now.
>>
>>10444521
Sadly it seems that they haven’t done anything as of yet according to my friend. They’re still in the server. But their in an ongoing order which could possibly be why?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.