[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: 1580512975924.jpg (178 KB, 900x1200)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Keep it /cgl/-related! Cosplay or J-fashion like Lolita/Brolita, Aristocrat, Kimono, Nanchatte, etc.!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ITT you may post:
- Useful guides that can be applied to crossplaying/crossdressing
- Questions, help, sharing advice to improve your appearance to pass temporary as the opposite gender (Male -> Female, Female -> Male)
- pictures of crossplay/crossdressing coords, selfposts
- personal experience/stories regarding crossplay/crossdressing

NOT allowed:
- Anything in sexual context/fetish stuff
- Anything related to gender transition like hormones, operation etc.; >>>/lgbt/ might be the better place for this
- Casual crossdressing without any /cgl/-context

Link collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_dKpZOqzVkbN2MtmiU9yTn4LDIfxIhLQAuc8L9xX1k/edit#gid=0

Contact for suggestions or contribution: crossplay.cgl@yahoo.com

Affiliated Discord server: https://discord.gg/eBnVEtQ

Previous thread: >>10300242
Image source: https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1274648158530756608
>>
Question from last thread:
>>10420734
Does anyone have a link to that shave powder tutorial anywhere? The old google doc link is dead. I remember there was a PDF floating about.

It's the one that had NSFW photos in it and everything
>>
>>10420809
There you go: https://archived.moe/cgl/thread/9291536/#9319534
>>
>>10421152
Not him, but did you not clink the link in that post? It's completely dead.
>>
>>10421166
Dammit, I'll upload it myself then.
https://file.io/ZJR2pPuz
>>
>>10421168
Link 404's for me.
>>
Can you use your love of crossdressing as a hobby to improve your life in constructive ways? If so how have you done it? I'd like to get away from some of the obviously less constructive parts and eventually just be open to people I know
>>
>>10421170
>>10420809
Apologies for TMI:
Is a powder like that really recommended for butt hair if you've never used one before? Are there other effective ways to remove all hair on your backside that doesn't involve chemical treatment?
>>
>>10421945
Wax
>>
>>10421968
no... not there...
>>
>>10421945
>>10421992

Magic shave powder is fine, first time I used it I thought it was going to leave a chemical burn but it didn't just make sure to not touch your head lmao. I guess its effectiveness depends on how coarse your body hair is but it is very effective. The only part that sucks is a.the smell and b.waiting around for ten-fifteen minutes until you can rinse it off
>>
Does anyone know a good quality cosplay site?
I wanna crossdress as Violet Evergarden someday.
>>
>>10422731
Aliexpress has some really decent Violet cosplays. I helped a friend search for one and we were very satisfied with it.
>>
My girlfriend knows I like to crossdress, but when I bring up lolita or anything like that she accuses me of being a secret tranny or sissy. Very irritating.
>>
File: IMG_20200630_111725.jpg (1.97 MB, 3120x4160)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
How the fuck do you tie this thing from the alfonso set
>>
>>10425436
She's okay with you dressing as a specific girl but not when it's fashionable??
>>
File: IMG_8330.jpg (344 KB, 1040x2048)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>10420807

Currently going through "Getting shit-housed & posing for pictures with people while calling them lying little abortions as their parents take the picture" withdrawal

The pain. It hurts :(
>>
>>10425643
It probably goes something like
>anon brings up lolita or jfash
>anon's gf says "you sure are interested a lot in this stuff, are you sure you're not trans?"
>anon is startled and defends himself, giving up on original topic or finds it too awkward to keep discussing lolita/jfash
>>
>>10425804
This sounds like the case. I can't fathom a person supportive of crossdressing and not jfash
>>
>>10425436
You're getting too much into it and your gf has her limits on how much does she like you to crossdress, my dude (viz. she's allowing you to have a likening in crossdressing because she loves you).
But, as you're getting too much into it by being into a specific, quite feminine form of fashion, you will inherently get labeled as such given how they're not something a man usually commits himself to.
Though I second >>10425836 since it is surprising to see such open-mindedness at first but then doesn't want anything further than what you usually crossdress.

I ain't no woman but I understand the suspiciousness given what trannies are doing all over the place right now, including here at /cgl/.
>>
>>10425636
Don't post a picture like that. Try to fix it like it originally was and post two pictures of it, one from the front and another on the back so we can tell you how to tie whatever you posted.
>>
>>10426005
>she's allowing you to
I can't tell if you're implying that anon is pussywhipped or have a bizarrely backwards view of what give and take means in a healthy relationship
>>
>>10426013
Okay, that wasn't the right word and it wasn't meant to be mean to that anon, but my point is that anon's gf is aware about the doctrine of trannyism so it is likely that she doesn't want anon to become a mentally ill tranny or something.
>>
If you're a male, you gotta be careful if you're buying a lolita dress just for crossdressing.
In many cases they can have a small size of shoulder length for dresses. Even if you choose a bigger size.
>>
>>10426397
This. Pay ttention to shoulder length. If you're choosing between 2 sizes and have to choose one, always prioritize shoulder length before waist, hips, chest or anything else
>>
>>10425636
Astolfo you retard
>>
>>10428189
I wonder if he's this dude from the previous thread >>10385448
>>
>>10426009
Don't help that literal smoothie brain who can't even spell the characters name and clearly some ethot fetishist
>>
>>10421168
404 for me as well, does anyone happen to have a working like to this guide?
>>
>>10431210
Don't have any pics but pretty much
>Get jar
>Empty 1 can of magic shave powder into jar
>Fill up the can of magic you just emptied with water and empty into jar
>Stir the powder and water until it's smooth and looks like milk
>start applying it to yourself
>you want to set a timer for 10-15 minutes although it's better if you have someone to let you know because your hands will be covered in magic milk lol
>more or less time depending on how coarse your hair is
>the part that sucks is waiting around before you can rinse off and the smell of hair being chemically removed
>once you do use warm water and a wash cloth
>rinse off completely I think using a mild soap after you rinsed is ok

These are important
DO NOT TOUCH YOUR HEAD
IF IT STARTS TO BURN RINSE IT OFF
(Everyone is different, it has never burned me and it usually takes about 10 minutes for me, I said this ones but it depends on how coarse your body hair is)

Uh.. I think that's it.
>>
>>10431833
stop fucking telling people to use this shit in areas it's not supposed to be used for.
>>
>>10431844
I'm not telling anyone to use it, I'm not going to their house and forcing them at gun point and forcefully applying it to them. They are grown adults, they can make their own decisions. I was sharing my own experience is all because they were asking. It works on my machine.
If it burns you, don't use it, simple as so fuck you.
>>
>>10431833
>DO NOT TOUCH YOUR HEAD
What about my neck?
>>
>>10425436
Man that sucks. I agree with the others but maybe it's time to talk to her about it. Let her know that you have no interest in becoming trans nor into being a sissy and you genuinely enjoy the fashion and want to have fun in it.

Just a fair warning though, lurk the ita threads and try not to end up there. Boys in lolita is cool as long as they do it right.
>>
>>10432407
That's up to you.
>>
Hi, kinda new to cosplay & cons. My friends were planning on going to a con as soon as the corona crisis is over. We were thinking of doing this kind of crossplay, (don't know if it has a name) with the obvious masculinity contrasting a female character. Anyone got experience/resources on this kind of crossplay?
>>
>>10437724
There's a high chance that's a weak attempt at trolling, but in case you are actually serious:
You really don't need any resources for a joke cosplay, other than the piece of advice that the joke gets old very fast.
There is a different way of contrasting male physique with female characters, and that is to make a genderbent version, which involves redesigning the outfit in a way that makes it seem like the character was male in the first place.
Either way, I don't think this thread is for you - people here mostly try to convincingly appear as the other gender.
>>
Any tips for covering up a shaved/stubble beard with makeup or other close shave products?
>>
>>10437724
Just take care of your skin and trim that beard of yours.
His is pretty nice to look at, though. Wished I had the genetics to pull it off.
>>
>>10437974
I played around with different drag queen beard cover tutorials until I figured out something that worked for me.

>shave with the grain, then shave again against the grain
>primer
>thin layer of orange colour correcting concealer on beard area (brush)
>translucent powder
>setting spray
>wait to dry
>thin layer of full coverage foundation one shade lighter than my skintone over colour corrected areas (use a makeup sponge)
>thin layer of medium coverage foundation in my skintone over rest of face (also use makeup sponge)
>apply rest of makeup
>>
File: 1593893161302.jpg (122 KB, 552x640)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Have you ever had problems at cons with creeps taking pics of you without permission? I desperately want to try crossplaying but I'm always terrified of ending up on someone's public imgur or stuff like that. I mean, it's kinda flattering and and turns me on a little, but I'd rather not be recognized.
>>
>>10438144
You're going to a public convention, in a bright, flashy and attention-seeking outfit. It's silly to get mad or upset at people taking photos. "Creepy" or otherwise, sure it's annoying when some people are taking photos willy nilly when you're just sitting there eating a sandwich or something, but if you didn't want the attention then the only thing for it is to come in plain unassuming clothes.
And I say this having gone to many a convention in plenty of bright, flashy and attention-seeking outfits. What I've done, largely unintentionally, is make it so the costume is obviously incomplete until you actively put on a certain part of it. Won't stop people, but it makes taking photos largely pointless unless they ask first, though may be difficult to have something to take on/off unless it's something like a head to a fully body covering outfit. Might work with wearing a plain zip up jacket or something over it which then gets taken off as well.
>>
Is there a consensus on the best prosthetic breasts? I'm curious to buy some big ones but don't want to spend upwards of £100 on something poorly made.
>>
>>10439382
There were some pretty good recommendations at the start of the previous thread. Roayner? Something like that I remember.
>>
Is this person a man? I think they’re cute either way, but I remember cgl sperging about a brolita in the past and this looks like him.
>>
>>10439654
yeah it's a dude
>>
>>10439654
thats a man's nose and head size, yes.
>>
>>10439654
man feet and hands too
>>
What kind of a top is this called? It’s the only thing I’m missing. Thrift shops are still closed in my area so I might as well just order it online.
>>
>>10439654
Does anyone know what happened to him? I used to love his coords but haven't seen him around for a long time
>>
>>10443783
Closed off his insta after some drama and disappeared more or less from public channels
>>
>>10443785
oh, that's kind of sad. thanks for the info!
>>
>>10426397
Look at shoulder width and waist for blouses also. Most JSK's have adjustable straps, but OP's and blouses don't and ride higher on the body. Some JSK's don't have adjustable straps and fit like OP's.
>>
Unironicl asking:
I`m pretty tall( 192 cm) and i have big feet (47).
Is it possible to get nice shoes that dont look trashy in my size?
>>
>>10445573
Taobao has a lot of stuff, it's just not in one single store. If you search for shoes and filter by your size there are a lot of options.
>>
what body predispositions should I have if I would like to pick bikini only cosplay? (For example racing atago)
I've never prepared anything with so much body visibility
>>
>>10437984
can you link to products you like for each step pls, would be actually lifesaving
>>
>>10447782
At that point you would just look like a man in a bikini. You need more clothes to conceal the masculine traits.
>>
>>10443782
cropped tank top, or just buy a black tank top and cut it yourself
>>
File: Land of the lustrous.jpg (477 KB, 2048x1437)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
Who is the least gay houseki no kuni character to dress up as a guy
>>
>>10451890
The one that's your Waifu
There's no greater heterosexual love than doing her justice instead of some thot
>>
>>10451890
Sensei
>>
>>10451890
>aechmea
>cairngorm
>antarc
>>
Anyone else cursed with the problem of androgynous face with an hourglass figure? I hate my life
>>
>>10451948
>Cairngorm
Uhhh, he literally marries Aechmea and adopts the most feminine behaviour patterns of any of the gems.
>>
File: OIP (14).jpg (48 KB, 474x1195)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
im new to Crossplaying, is it better to buy an entire cosplay or buy it in parts and modify them as needed ?
>>
>>10452129
Sounds like a typical sjw build.
>>
>>10452303
Get an entire cosplay. Trying to modify them will surely make you pull your hair out and might even result in a worse cosplay.
>>
>>10443783
he's on insta again, rococo.bouquet
>>
>>10452342
>>10452342
Haven't seen that in years, and it is unbelievable how outdated it is now since this is unironically considered "conservative" in the tr*nny SJWs and related circles today.
>>
>>10452342
The worst part is my build is ana-chan and losing more weight will just narrow my waist more and make the effect more pronounced. My tits won't quit I guess they're all breast tissue and no fat
>>
>>10452600
>copy paste to instagram search
>no exact match
>>
File: 5436336.png (13 KB, 245x262)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>10452756
nayrt, but works fine for me?
>>
>>10452980
Seems like I was blocked for no apparent reason. Sigh. What a drama queen. I never interacted with the account.
>>
>>10452600
hey how about don’t post their account on here ever again?

>>10452982
serves you right
>>
>>10453007
Dude calm down
>>
>>10453007
ok rococo.bouquet, seething much?
>>
>>10452982
>serves you right
>anon never interacted with the account

sounds like a total asshole or someone who's so infamous he tried to cut off his former identity.
>>
>>10453013
I’m not them, but posting an IG handle without consent on an anonymous imageboard that is a hive for drama is tantamount to doxxing. Everyone has a right to privacy and people don’t want their photos plastered in public. Guess putting their account in private is the optimal solution to prevent randos from giving them unwanted critique and exposure on here.
>>
>>10453017
baka you even replied to the wrong person

This is the person you want to reply to. >>10452600
>>
>>10453017
Not that dude but I'm biting this b8 anyways.
>Everyone has a right to privacy and people don’t want their photos plastered in public
I'm cool with that and I understand the need for privacy.
On the other hand posting pictures of yourself on a website made to share pictures is pretty much the opposite of private. Anon didn't hack their cloud storage or email: those would be places of privacy. Since the pics are on Instagram they're out there for the entire world to see and share. If they wouldn't be cool with that then they wouldn't be posting those pictures there.
>>
>>10453027
Exactly.
If you don't want:
-Critique
-Exposure
-Photos being plastered
You don't sign up for a new Instagram and blocking all your old followers just because you had some notoriety. You just set yourself getting clout for bullying not necessarily on /cgl/.

You share them via more private channels or don't fucking upload them to an Internet service, retard.
>>
>>10453028
How did you get from one person who never interacted with the account getting blocked to him blocking all of his old followers?
>>
I'm really sorry, I'm sure you get this question all the time, but: can anyone pull it off if they really do the research?
I'm fat, relatively poor, hairy, some bad features like huge nose and wide shoulders. I've never done even a normal same-gender cosplay even

But I really want to be a cute girl just once. It's been my dream since I was like 13 or some shit.
>>
>>10453030
>>10453028
>>10453027
>>10453018
>>10453017
>>10453014
>>10453013
>>10453011
>>10453007
>>10452982
take this shit to farms
>>
>>10452615
Kek. At risk of derailing, it's funny cause I also have the issue of political quizzes saying I fit in with the sjw, liberal whatever section, but I sure as shit don't get along with em at all.
>>10453043
Basically, the farther from a cute twelve year old you are, the harder you gotta work. And in cases like yours, may involve some work on your body, and more manipulating your body(pads, corsets, etc.). It's all just makeup, basically
>>
Fellas, where do you buy your wigs from?
>>
File: 3c7.jpg (60 KB, 600x800)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Hi I'm a 6'2" average/muscular built guy who is looking to get into magical girl cosplay. Is this something that i can have hopes of pulling off? I know there isn't many options for someone my height and build but I want to be able to pull off a convincing cosplay. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
>>
>>10454103
You need to be realistic with your expectations. At 6'2 with a muscular build you will absolutely not pass as female period. So start with that in mind
>>
how do i stop being shy and embarrassed about crossdressing so i can do it at cons?
>>
>>10454148

Shut yo bullshit ass up. All you wanna do is bring people down

At a con, there was a tall Buffsuki and the amount of attention they got is more then you’ll ever get
>>
>>10454103
>>10454205
No bully is allowed here, /fit/-kun!
You probably answered your own advice request by posting a muscular Madoka, so you already know what to do with regards to a "crossplay" parody of some sort.

However, if you seriously want to "bring people down," then you should be able to do some other muscular and erotic-ish cosplay like doing a Pantheon (LoL) cosplay or so and, most importantly, get a cute girlfriend.
But, seeing that you probably don't have the latter, you're about to stay the same, anon~ So good luck~
>>
>>10454207
thanks for the advice, yeah ive been thinking about doing a buff kinda cosplay but also just a normal trap kinda cosplay. Also that bully isn't me that's some other dude.
>>
What's a cheap character to cosplay im incredibly poor
>>
>>10454260
Suzu from Ponytail/FukaBoku
>>
Which concealier for face is the best to buy in Amazon?
>>
>>10454282
Stop being a pussy and try the concealer in stores.
>>
>>10454207
>>10454205
Lol it's not bullying to say that no one is genuinely going to believe you're a woman if you're 6'2 and built like a linebacker. It shouldn't stop you from cosplaying of course, and height can easily be hidden in photography, but you need to be realistic in your expectations for how you will look
>>
>>10454260
Any generic schoolgirl cosplay goes for
like 20$ on aliexpress

>>10454103
>>10454148
>>10454299
Anons are right, you cannot possibly pull any convincing female cosplay with that body. Your only bet is picking some full armor chick with a helmet/mask or just doing a joke cosplay like the one you posted.
>>
>>10454375
That's not exactly what I meant.
If anon wants to do a moeblob female character unironically and has the resources for it he should go for it. He however needs to be realistic about his expectations. If you are 6'2 and muscular you are not going to pass for a cute anime girl or as female period. You just aren't. It shouldn't stop you from cosplaying a character you love though
>>
File: irelia poor.jpg (68 KB, 309x960)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Rate this please
i made it for a poor cosplay contest does it look okay? its supposed to be irelia from league of legends,and all is made from home garbage
>>
>>10454405
Irelia's hair is black/dark blue, m8. With that little detail you better nail the colors at least or it'll be very hard to recognize.
>>
>>10454537
I wont buy the wig just for this lol, its a cheap cosplay thats the point , to do it with whatever you have at home , i just qant ro know if it looks ok
>>
>>10454555
Oops forgot pic edited with cheap program
>>
>>10454405
>>10454561
Your hip padding starts too low, and you need to do something about your brows/eyes. Even with 3/4 of your face covered with hair and a mask it's still pretty obvious you have a man face.
>>
File: image1.png (69 KB, 345x201)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>10454576
>>10454561
Men have weird ugly hips, see pic related for how women's hips are shaped
>>
>>10454582
i did the hip pad with a few socks lol But ill take the advice

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.